PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Hammock Parties
09-10-2013, 01:07 AM
LMFAO @ Dane

he's one of my favorites even if he is full retard this year

splatbass
09-10-2013, 01:13 AM
LMFAO @ Dane

he's one of my favorites even if he is full retard this year

No, full retard are the ones still pining for their lost love Geno.

SPchief
09-10-2013, 01:18 AM
You don't like the start of this KINGDOM. Your no Chiefs fan. Stupid is as stupid does.

How many kids do you have?

Hammock Parties
09-10-2013, 01:19 AM
No, full retard are the ones still pining for their lost love Geno.

Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

I'LL NEVER LOVE ANOTHER RETREAD GAME MANAGER EVER AGAIN AS LONG AS I LIVE

splatbass
09-10-2013, 01:25 AM
Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

I'LL NEVER LOVE ANOTHER RETREAD GAME MANAGER EVER AGAIN AS LONG AS I LIVE

Puppy love is so cute. But you will eventually grow out of it, when you are older and can use the big boy potty all by yourself.

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 02:16 AM
With a much better supporting cast than he has in KC, and certainly not in a similar volume as Manning.

Like I said, the 5.1 YPA isn't gonna last, but he's not a guy you can count on to perform well when you need to sling it around.

Good news is the KC defense looks really ****ing good, jaguars offense or not. Hali, Houston, Devito, Flowers, Berry. You guys got a top 5 D this year I would say.

Can they contain Denver? We shall see.

Yeah, he really dropped the ball against the saints in 2011 when Brees was chewing up the defense. Total choke artist too...did you see that game against Detroit or Philly? Sheesh. Only 6 comebacks that season.

LowExpectations
09-10-2013, 02:39 AM
Yeah, he really dropped the ball against the saints in 2011 when Brees was chewing up the defense. Total choke artist too...did you see that game against Detroit or Philly? Sheesh. Only 6 comebacks that season.

- Brees, Thomas, and the ST coughed up 5 turnovers. And only lost by 4. Not a banner day for alex especially considering how awful that nawlins defense was.

-Lions? He threw for like 140. You fucking kidding me?

-Eagles. One of the rare games where I tip my hat to a passing performance by Alex Smith.

Sandy Vagina
09-10-2013, 06:20 AM
Brees, Thomas, and the ST coughed up 5 turnovers. And only lost by 4. Not a banner day for alex

Anyone with half a brain knows that this has no relevance. Why? I'll point it out...

Regardless of what happened prior... this is where the game was...

start of the 4th quarter...

The score is 20-14 SF lead

Saints drive and kick a FG... 20-17

SF drive fails... NOLA drive fails...

SF drives for a FG... up 23-17

NOLA drives for a 3 min. TD... they take the lead 24-23

4 minutes left in game..

SF then drives for a TD to take back the lead... 4 passes/2 runs.. 29-24 SF lead

2 minutes left in the game...

NOLA scores another TD in 34 seconds... takes lead back 32-29

now there's 1:37 left in the game..

SF drives quickly and with all passes.. gets into easy FG range to tie the game...

Safe and timid Alex Smith... who allegedly doesn't throw into tight coverage... doesn't settle for something safe with eyes on that FG tie... no.. he zips a bullet into VD's chest in the EZ with 9 seconds left... SF wins!

Everything in the game that happened prior... does lead up to the final outcome... but that 4th quarter? The score was close.. and both QBs were moving their team and taking the lead back. One of them got the last laugh.... and oh, was it sweet!

Red Gorilla
09-10-2013, 06:29 AM
Splatbass:

When the Chiefs start losing games because Alex Smith is a feckless near-sighted game manager who seemingly refuses to go for the jugular when he needs to, are you going to be honest with yourself and admit that his faults are what will prevent this team from truly being good?

I'll admit now that will probably happen but, I still think we'll win more than we'll lose and he gives us our best shot. Superbowls are extremely hard to get to let alone win. We have to start a winning culture and Alex can do that. Most teams don't go from zero to Superbowl and we did pick #1 for a reason. We need to start winning consistently. That's the #1 goal.

It's kind of ironic that some of the people with the lowest expectations have the highest expectations at the same time.

BigCatDaddy
09-10-2013, 06:52 AM
I'll admit now that will probably happen but, I still think we'll win more than we'll lose and he gives us our best shot. Superbowls are extremely hard to get to let alone win. We have to start a winning culture and Alex can do that. Most teams don't go from zero to Superbowl and we did pick #1 for a reason. We need to start winning consistently. That's the #1 goal.

It's kind of ironic that some of the people with the lowest expectations have the highest expectations at the same time.

See signature.

Red Gorilla
09-10-2013, 06:53 AM
I watched those playoff losses too but, I'll take the 90's over the first decade of the 2000's every time.

BigCatDaddy
09-10-2013, 07:26 AM
I watched those playoff losses too but, I'll take the 90's over the first decade of the 2000's every time.

It's too bad there isn't a third option :facepalm:

Red Gorilla
09-10-2013, 08:16 AM
You do understand that 15 teams have never won a Superbowl right? At least we won one.

I'm not talking about your third option until we earn the right to. I think it's funny when Chiefs fans even say the word. It's fucking hard to win the Superbowl.

It's really fucking hard and it almost always takes years of building.

BigCatDaddy
09-10-2013, 08:19 AM
You do understand that 15 teams have never won a Superbowl right? At least we won one.

I'm not talking about your third option until we earn the right to. I think it's funny when Chiefs fans even say the word. It's fucking hard to win the Superbowl.

It's really fucking hard and it almost always takes years of building.

Sure, but it doesn't mean you don't build towards that unless your goal is well, my signature.

Chronic
09-10-2013, 08:30 AM

People were dying of polio back then

Pasta Little Brioni
09-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Back to your cage Chimpionship. One more Faider loss should do the trick.

Red Gorilla
09-10-2013, 08:33 AM
You don't just build through talent. You build by winning consistently. The goal isn't to win the Superbowl this year. Not yet anyway. Reid and Dorsey both said it is going to be three years before we are a legit contender. I expect a similar run as Marty and Carl had in the early 90's but, hopefully we win this time in the 4th year.

1. 1990 - Wildcard
2. 1991 - Divisional run
3. 1992 - Wildcard
4. 1993 - AFC Championship run

This probably isn't going to happen overnight. If Alex is what's holding us back, Dorsey will get someone else. Just like Carl did.

There is no use in talking Superbowls yet imo. It's not realistic.

FringeNC
09-10-2013, 08:42 AM
Pioli chose the wrong QB and it was indicative of his overall incompetence. If Reid has chosen the wrong QB to lead the franchise, he's incompetent and will fail. Either Reid knows what he is doing, or he doesn't. Time will tell.

In other words, all the Alex Smith hate should be focused on Andy Reid (and John Dorsey).

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2013, 08:45 AM
26 point lead, and the D was stuffing Jacksonville. No upside to long passes, and plenty of downside. Why would you want to throw low percentage (25%) passes with a 75% chance of stopping the clock in that situation? Just so you can feel good that your QB has a higher YPA? That is stupid.

Yeah, I'm sure those awesome Jacksonville DB's would have put them right back in the game. Herp.

Pioli chose the wrong QB and it was indicative of his overall incompetence. If Reid has chosen the wrong QB to lead the franchise, he's incompetent and will fail. Either Reid knows what he is doing, or he doesn't. Time will tell.

In other words, all the Alex Smith hate should be focused on Andy Reid (and John Dorsey).

It's Andy's man-crush alone. Focus your hatred correctly when the Axl-FAILOLI insues.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-10-2013, 08:46 AM
Focus your hate on that turd hef and the Softcos

beach tribe
09-10-2013, 08:49 AM
Alex Smith. 5.0 yards per attempt - the 2nd lowest of any QB this weekend.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

How can you use this as logic when he has been top 3 in the league the last two seasons.

FringeNC
09-10-2013, 08:52 AM
Yeah, I'm sure those awesome Jacksonville DB's would have put them right back in the game. Herp.

It's Andy's man-crush alone. Focus your hatred correctly when the Axl-FAILOLI insues.

Nope. Dorsey has stated publicly the Alex Smith was the no-brainer choice to lead the Chiefs (paraphrasing obviously, but he said it).

Pasta Little Brioni
09-10-2013, 08:57 AM
How can you use this as logic when he has been top 3 in the league the last two seasons.

Don't let facts get in the way of things.

BigMeatballDave
09-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Alex Smith. 5.0 yards per attempt - the 2nd lowest of any QB this weekend.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

7.9 last season.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Focus your hate on that turd hef and the Softcos

Dude, we'll be damned lucky to come in 2nd, and to split the uprights in a nail-biter victory against that team.

Of course, everything depends on Manning and if that falls apart...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2013, 09:05 AM
Nope. Dorsey has stated publicly the Alex Smith was the no-brainer choice to lead the Chiefs (paraphrasing obviously, but he said it).

Who was hired first?

NinerDoug
09-10-2013, 10:34 AM

Don't let facts get in the way of things.

7.9 last season.

He will sling it when he has to. Against the pitiful Jags, he didn't have to. Ergo, the stats, from game one.

AliceSmith
09-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Alice Smith fans still think 5.1 YPA will be good enough to win against the Broncos.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

My prediction for Alice Smith's stats against the Broncos on November 17th:

17-35, 187 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT.

CAN'T WAIT.

AliceSmith
09-10-2013, 12:12 PM
He will sling it when he has to. Against the pitiful Jags, he didn't have to. Ergo, the stats, from game one.

Still wish Alice is the starting QB for the Niners, Alicesmithdoug?

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Alice Smith fans still think 5.1 YPA will be good enough to win against the Broncos.

CAN'T WAIT.

PYMWYMI?

saphojunkie
09-10-2013, 12:19 PM

CAN'T WAIT.

8 posts and you're on my ignore? Now THAT'S efficiency.

RealSNR
09-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Phillip Rivers

Eli Manning

Matt Ryan

RGIII

Aaron Rodgers

I don't get it.

RealSNR
09-10-2013, 12:33 PM
You are assuming that is a foregone thing, I am not. We will see. I think you are blinded by hate for the guy that kept us, in your mind, from getting Geno. You are not objective. I am.

If he starts sucking I will say so, unlike you who can't let yourself be happy with a win.

ROFL Who says I'm not happy with the win? I'll even say that Alex Smith played pretty well in that game.

Alex Smith is simply a QB who will take the safe throw over the explosive throw every single time, even when the situations at the time call for the explosive throw. That's who he's been as a QB. Plain and simple.

If he wants to change now and NOT be that QB, I would love it. I think he would have a shot at being the top 10 kind of starting QB we need to seriously compete.

I have strong doubts that will happen, though. How many QBs start out their careers like Alex Smith and then just pick up and change QBing habits just like that when there's a change in coach, team, and/or surrounding players?

Drew Brees didn't change the way he plays the game when he went to New Orleans. Neither did Trent Green going from Wash to St. Louis to KC. MAYBE you can make the case for Michael Vick.

mdchiefsfan
09-10-2013, 12:35 PM
8 posts and you're on my ignore? Now THAT'S efficiency.

ROFL

NinerDoug
09-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Still wish Alice is the starting QB for the Niners, Alicesmithdoug?

What the hell kind of a stupid ass question is that, "Alice Smith"? Of course not.

loochy
09-10-2013, 01:07 PM
Phillip Rivers

Eli Manning

Matt Ryan

RGIII

Aaron Rodgers

Troy Aikman

Bart Starr

Steve DeBerg

Otto Graham

Kevin Kolb

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2013, 01:13 PM
I don't get it.

They all lost in Week One, yet they're considered "Gun Slingers".

There isn't "One Way" to win in the NFL.

Rivers had 194 yards passing last night in a loss but he's considered, at least on Chiefsplanet, to be "superior" to Alex Smith.

The bottom line is that Smith's abilities are a perfect fit for Reid's WCO. Whether they reach the ultimate goal is yet to be seen. But I can't fault Reid and Dorsey for getting "their guy", who to date, looks to be the same exact guy from 2011 and 2012, not the guy from 2005.

Kaepernick
09-10-2013, 01:19 PM

I'm not talking about your third option until we earn the right to. I think it's funny when Chiefs fans even say the word. It's ****ing hard to win the Superbowl.

It's really ****ing hard and it almost always takes years of building.

It is incredible that, the Browns and Lions have never PLAYED IN a super bowl. Brutal. At least the Texans have the excuse that they are a fairly new team.

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2013, 01:21 PM
Troy Aikman

Bart Starr

Steve DeBerg

Otto Graham

Kevin Kolb

What are guys with goofy haircuts, Alex?

Mav
09-10-2013, 01:21 PM
ROFL Who says I'm not happy with the win? I'll even say that Alex Smith played pretty well in that game.

Alex Smith is simply a QB who will take the safe throw over the explosive throw every single time, even when the situations at the time call for the explosive throw. That's who he's been as a QB. Plain and simple.

If he wants to change now and NOT be that QB, I would love it. I think he would have a shot at being the top 10 kind of starting QB we need to seriously compete.

I have strong doubts that will happen, though. How many QBs start out their careers like Alex Smith and then just pick up and change QBing habits just like that when there's a change in coach, team, and/or surrounding players?

Drew Brees didn't change the way he plays the game when he went to New Orleans. Neither did Trent Green going from Wash to St. Louis to KC. MAYBE you can make the case for Michael Vick.

Alex Smith didn't start this way. His second year in the league he was more the gun slinger type because that's who Norv tried to make him be.

Then starting in 2009, until last season, he has gotten better every single year.

I don't see that changing this year either. I don't think his rating will be over 104, but he is who he is. Super efficient, and the bottom line is, the guy wins.

The team around him is good enough right now, that he isn't going to have to be the man very often.

Sure, its not pretty, certainly not like Eli throwing for 400 in a loss, or Kap for 400 in a win, or 7 tds. But who really cares except the FF crowd?

Kaepernick
09-10-2013, 01:22 PM

You have a point there. Touche. I watched him check down and throw short on 3rd & long so often, I had brain fade.

You better keep an eye on this -- it could be a new trend now that Alex is being asked to pass more and, you know, actually help carry a team.

loochy
What are guys with goofy haircuts, Alex?

Possibly. I'm still looking for a way to relate them.

Mav
It is incredible that, the Browns and Lions have never PLAYED IN a super bowl. Brutal. At least the Texans have the excuse that they are a fairly new team.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Of course, you as a Marty Schottenheimer guy would feel some of my pain im sure.

Which, begs the question. Why do you find it odd that I followed Alex Smith, yet you followed Marty. If I may ask.

Both guys never having played, or coached a super bowl that is.

King_Chief_Fan
09-10-2013, 01:27 PM

Rivers had 194 yards passing last night in a loss but he's considered, at least on Chiefsplanet, to be "superior" to Alex Smith.

The bottom line is that Smith's abilities are a perfect fit for Reid's WCO. Whether they reach the ultimate goal is yet to be seen. But I can't fault Reid and Dorsey for getting "their guy", who to date, looks to be the same exact guy from 2011 and 2012, not the guy from 2005.

There is so much sense in this post Dane. But then again you are using intelligence and logic on an audience where this appears to be over the head of some.

Kaepernick
09-10-2013, 01:39 PM

Of course, you as a Marty Schottenheimer guy would feel some of my pain im sure.

Which, begs the question. Why do you find it odd that I followed Alex Smith, yet you followed Marty. If I may ask.

Raiders fan from '74 to '80.

Niners fan from '81 to present.

(The Raiders left me by moving to LA - I didn't leave them!)

No team or player has ever caused me any pain but my favorite team and their players & coaches. My pain stemmed from the Steel Curtain and the Cowboys dynasty.

Marty is FAR from the only HC I liked and paid attention to.

It would be a stretch to say I "followed" Marty Schottenheimer anywhere. It is one thing to be intrigued by the progress and workings of a head coach. It is another to defend his ever move on every sports forum I log onto. I hope you can see the difference.

I liked Marty Schottenheimer. I liked Jon Gruden too & paid attention in Tampa Bay. I liked & read up on Joe Gibbs even through I hated the Redskins. I liked Dick Vermeil. I liked Holmgren and Fisher and Flores and Reeves.

There are just some coaches I liked and paid attention to over the years. Marty was just one.

As a 49ers fan, nobody beats Walsh or comes close to him, so there is that too.

keg in kc
09-10-2013, 01:43 PM
There is so much sense in this post Dane. But then again you are using intelligence and logic on an audience where this appears to be over the head of some.Translation: I agree with your point so I'm going to kiss your ass.

Mav
09-10-2013, 01:48 PM

No team or player has ever caused me any pain but my favorite team and their players & coaches. My pain stemmed from the Steel Curtain and the Cowboys dynasty.

It would be a stretch to say I "followed" Marty Schottenheimer anywhere. It is one thing to be intrigued by the progress and workings of a head coach. It is another to defend his ever move on every sports forum I log onto. I hope you can see the difference.

I liked Marty Schottenheimer. I liked Jon Gruden too & paid attention in Tampa Bay. I liked & read up on Joe Gibbs even through I hated the Redskins. I liked Dick Vermeil. I liked Holmgren and Fisher and Flores and Reeves.

There are just some coaches I liked and paid attention to over the years. Marty was just one.

Hmmmm....Maybe you could take your own advice. As you can see on this forum, compare me to other Alex Smith defenders. If you look really closely, and past your bias and perhaps go do a little research on your own forum, you will see you have had me wrong the entire time.

Kaepernick
09-10-2013, 01:51 PM

When you say "perfect fit", I'm sure you mean out of those readily available in the spring of 2013. I realize you know Alex Smith is not the ideal NFL QB and it is not as though Brady or Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Flacco, Eli or Luck couldn't run Andy's WCO, and do it far better than Alex Smith.

Call me super sensitive.

I spent a couple of years arguing with people who said Alex Smith was "perfect" for Jim Harbaugh's WCO and that Jim wanted a "run first" balanced offense and had no desire to put up fantasy football passing numbers.

Kaepernick's 412 yard game disproves that theory completely. Every HC want the best QB he can get. Andy would love somebody like Brady who could run his WCO and give him far more options to expand it as well.

Just putting the "perfect fit" in context. I suffered through hearing it used literally for 2 years. Alex is a good fit of what was available. I'm sure Andy would drop Alex unceremoniously for Peyton or Brees.

RealSNR
09-10-2013, 01:54 PM

I'd rather have Smith than Rivers, but that's beside the point.

The issue at hand isn't whether or not Alex Smith can be efficient and productive like he was for the past 1.5 seasons. Even the haters recognize that it's very likely he'll be just as good as he was in San Francisco, and perhaps even a notch better. It's whether or not Alex Smith can keep up his completion percentage and efficiency while attempting more critical strikes when the situation calls for them. I'm fully aware that during the Jacksonville game there never arose the demand for challenging the safeties deep, or attempting the 20-yard strike to Bowe instead of the 5-yard slant to McCluster. I'm just saying... Alex Smith typically has never been defined as a QB who will take those risks, even though he absolutely has the ability to convert them.

Also, you're right (again) that there's no one way to play QB or draft a team or build a champion in the league. But there's the typical way that defines most Super Bowl champions. I don't think we've had a non-gunslinger win a Super Bowl since the 2004 version of Tom Brady, and even then he was willing to step on the gas far more than the current version of Alex Smith. Same goes for Brad Johnson. If we want a QB below that, we'd have to go back to Dilfer.

I already said that Alex has a chance to change his habits, particularly as KC improves to the point of being a playoff team in the next 1-3 seasons. But just because he's in a good position with Reid doesn't mean it should be assumed he'll BE that guy. Again, looking back to his history as a starting QB, he's NOT.

Mav
09-10-2013, 01:58 PM
When you say "perfect fit", I'm sure you mean out of those readily available in the spring of 2013. I realize you know Alex Smith is not the ideal NFL QB and it is not as though Brady or Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Flacco, Eli or Luck couldn't run Andy's WCO, and do it far better than Alex Smith.

Call me super sensitive.

I spent a couple of years arguing with people who said Alex Smith was "perfect" for Jim Harbaugh's WCO and that Jim wanted a "run first" balanced offense and had no desire to put up fantasy football passing numbers.

Kaepernick's 412 yard game disproves that theory completely. Every HC want the best QB he can get. Andy would love somebody like Brady who could run his WCO and give him far more options to expand it as well.

Just putting the "perfect fit" in context. I suffered through hearing it used literally for 2 years. Alex is a good fit of what was available. I'm sure Andy would drop Alex unceremoniously for Peyton or Brees.

Yeah, I guess that's while still having McNabb in 04 he really liked him then, tried to trade for him with Vick still there, and went out and got him this year.

im sure he agrees with you whole heartedly.

Your assessment that he isn't even a good qb, is what is laughable to me.

You look at embarrassing qb situations right now.

Tennessee, Vikings, Jags, Tampa Bay, Oakland, you think those teams wouldn't love to have Alex Smith over what they have?

You are kidding yourself.

Alex Smith is not elite. Obviously, but hes not the dog shit you have tried for years to make him out to be. And obviously, your love of Kap and his boss performance reinforces that notion. Im sure you have had a blast shoving that down anyone who respects alex smiths throat this week.

I can almost read your posts verbatim without even looked on the 49ers site.

"See, all you have to do is trust JIM. JIM KNOWS A GREAT QB WHEN HE SEES ONE. He knew Alex didn't have a 1/1000th of the skill that Kap does. All of you Alex Smith lovers should shut up, and worship Kap and Jim."

Gotta be pretty damn close.

RealSNR
09-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Translation: I agree with your point so I'm going to kiss your ass.

Nice, keg! What a logical and well-constructed post that uses science, evidence, and empirical reasoning!

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 02:02 PM

You mean I have that in common with you too? Ughh....FML. :D

Kaepernick
09-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Alex Smith didn't start this way. His second year in the league he was more the gun slinger type because that's who Norv tried to make him be.

Then starting in 2009, until last season, he has gotten better every single year.

I don't see that changing this year either. I don't think his rating will be over 104, but he is who he is. Super efficient, and the bottom line is, the guy wins.

The team around him is good enough right now, that he isn't going to have to be the man very often.

Sure, its not pretty, certainly not like Eli throwing for 400 in a loss, or Kap for 400 in a win, or 7 tds. But who really cares except the FF crowd?

I will tell you who cares. All of the coaches, players and fans who need FFB numbers to win a game, but their QB can't do that.

Kaepernick needed all of his 4 passing TDs in order to beat Tom Brady at away in New England in winter. Alex has never thrown 4 TDs and would have lost the game.

Terry Bradshaw went 309 yards with 2 TDs in super bowl 13 to beat the Cowboys 35 to 31.

You don't always need FFB numbers but it is nice to have a QB who can post them when it is needed for a must win. When you have the other kind, then you win until you don't and can't. I'll take the guy who can post FFB numbers, thank you.

Or as a QB Guru once said, "Do we need a top fight quarterback? Do human beings need air to breathe?"

Not knocking Alex directly. I am just providing examples where FFB numbers were needed to win a game.

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 02:05 PM

Call me super sensitive.

Alex is a very good QB. He's not Elite...or at best hasn't proven himself to be. So yeah, he'd be dumped for Peyton, Rogers, Brady or Brees.

Mav
09-10-2013, 02:06 PM
I will tell you who cares. All of the coaches, players and fans who need FFB numbers to win a game, but their QB can't do that.

Kaepernick needed all of his 4 passing TDs in order to beat Tom Brady at away in New England in winter. Alex has never thrown 4 TDs and would have lost the game.

Terry Bradshaw went 309 yards with 2 TDs in super bowl 13 to beat the Cowboys 35 to 31.

You don't always need FFB numbers but it is nice to have a QB who can post them when it is needed for a must win. When you have the other kind, then you win until you don't and can't. I'll take the guy who can post FFB numbers, thank you.

Or as a QB Guru once said, "Do we need a top fight quarterback? Do human beings need air to breathe?"

Not knocking Alex directly. I am just providing examples where FFB numbers were needed to win a game.

LOL. I cant wait till Sunday night. The 49ers couldn't even run the ball against the Packers. The packers had their starting corner Hayward out, and their best safety in Burnett out. This weekend is going to be comical.

Reality is going to hit hard.

Don't get me wrong though. Kap was a beast. BUT BOLDIN WAS BEASTLIER.

Mav
09-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Alex is a very good QB. He's not Elite...or at best hasn't proven himself to be. So yeah, he'd be dumped for Peyton, Rogers, Brady or Brees.

What qb wouldn't be?

other than Luck, or Kap, or Wilson.....

And that has what has always killed me with the Alex Smith haters.

Alex Smith got BENCHED FOR A SECOND YEAR PLAYER.

Like Kap is a scrub.

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 02:07 PM
LOL. I cant wait till Sunday night. The 49ers couldn't even run the ball against the Packers. The packers had their starting corner Hayward out, and their best safety in Burnett out. This weekend is going to be comical.

Boldin single handedly makes the WR core the best it has seen since the glory years...and that is without Crabtree. It is going to be sick when he's back.

Mav
09-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Boldin single handedly makes the WR core the best it has seen since the glory years...and that is without Crabtree. It is going to be sick when he's back.

I couldn't believe the fricking Ravens gave him away. The funniest thing ever. Boldin has been my fave receiver since his rookie year. To have him finally catching passes for the 49ers is beyond amazing to me.

Kaepernick
09-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I guess that's while still having McNabb in 04 he really liked him then, tried to trade for him with Vick still there, and went out and got him this year.

im sure he agrees with you whole heartedly.

Your assessment that he isn't even a good qb, is what is laughable to me.

You look at embarrassing qb situations right now.

Tennessee, Vikings, Jags, Tampa Bay, Oakland, you think those teams wouldn't love to have Alex Smith over what they have?

You are kidding yourself.

Alex Smith is not elite. Obviously, but hes not the dog shit you have tried for years to make him out to be. And obviously, your love of Kap and his boss performance reinforces that notion. Im sure you have had a blast shoving that down anyone who respects alex smiths throat this week.

I have said Alex is a "good" starting NFL QB more times than I can count, crediting him for his mind, football knowledge, pre-snap reads, audibles, work ethic, ball security, short passing game and mobility.

I have always maintained he is a 15th to 20th ranked QB which translates to good but mediocre among starting QBs, which is the fat part of the bell curve. He is not exceptional like Rodgers or even great like Ryan. He is among a dozen guys in the heart of the bell curve that are all good serviceable journeymen starting QBs.

I'm sure 10 head coaches would love to have him. I would take him over Romo or Cutler, even if his own coaches wouldn't. I think he places right at 17-18 among all starting QB. That is good. It is also "mediocre" among all 32 starting NFL QBs. He is beneath the median but is still a B-, like grade inflation.

After all my recorded posts about Alex, I don't understand how you can maintain I view Alex as "poor" or dogcrap in your words. He is not Gabbert or Locker or Ponder.

For whatever reason, I will never get you to understand that I call him good and would take him over 12-13 QBs in the NFL.

My issue is, who wants a good QB? Every team wants and should want a franchise QB who is top 10 at least. That is where your super bowl rings come from. So the issue isn't, is Alex good. The issue is, why did Andy feel the need to give up 2 second round draft picks for a placeholder? Or is Andy one of those who believes you don't need a true franchise QB in this day and age? That would be baffling.

Mav
09-10-2013, 02:16 PM
I have said Alex is a "good" starting NFL QB more times than I can count, crediting him for his mind, football knowledge, pre-snap reads, audibles, work ethic, ball security, short passing game and mobility.

I have always maintained he is a 15th to 20th ranked QB which translates to good but mediocre among starting QBs, which is the fat part of the bell curve. He is not exceptional like Rodgers or even great like Ryan. He is among a dozen guys in the heart of the bell curve that are all good serviceable journeymen starting QBs.

I'm sure 10 head coaches would love to have him. I would take him over Romo or Cutler, even if his own coaches wouldn't. I think he places right at 17-18 among all starting QB. That is good. It is also "mediocre" among all 32 starting NFL QBs. He is beneath the median but is still a B-, like grade inflation.

After all my recorded posts about Alex, I don't understand how you can maintain I view Alex as "poor" or dogcrap in your words. He is not Gabbert or Locker or Ponder.

For whatever reason, I will never get you to understand that I call him good and would take him over 12-13 QBs in the NFL.

It sucks to have someone constantly say things about yourself that you don't really say right?

Hence my point. I know that you think Alex is an okay qb.

But your perception of me is that im this Alex Schlong gurgling school girl who cant even say that hes average, or an elite game manager, but in fact I have propped him up as a top 5 qb.

Neither are true now are they?

My issue is, who wants a good QB? Every team wants and should want a franchise QB who is top 10 at least. That is where your super bowl rings come from. So the issue isn't, is Alex good. The issue is, why did Andy feel the need to give up 2 second round draft picks for a placeholder? Or is Andy one of those who believes you don't need a true franchise QB in this day and age? That would be baffling.

Disagree completely. I still maintain that the most complete team every year, wins the super bowl.

The better qb hasn't won the super bowl the past two years.

Joe Flacco is NOT better than Colin Kaepernick, and Eli Manning is not better than Tom Brady.

The more complete teams won those games.

And the same will happen this year. Who that is? I dunno. But im pretty sure that I will be right at the end of the year.

Kaepernick
09-10-2013, 02:17 PM

"See, all you have to do is trust JIM. JIM KNOWS A GREAT QB WHEN HE SEES ONE. He knew Alex didn't have a 1/1000th of the skill that Kap does. All of you Alex Smith lovers should shut up, and worship Kap and Jim."

I would say the Chiefs could do a lot worse than have Jim Harbaugh pick their next QB prospect.

Kaepernick
09-10-2013, 02:19 PM
You mean I have that in common with you too? Ughh....FML. :D

I'm sure we are joined by a few hundred thousand others at least. Sorry to disappoint you. :D

Talk about crushing. Watching Terry Bradshaw steal one SB ring after another from the Snake, Branch, Belitnakov, Van Eeghen, the Ghost, and why? Because John Madden didn't have guys like Mean Joe Green, Jack Lambert, LC Greenwood, Mel Blount and the rest.

Well, at least my crying is good for a laugh from the Chiefs fans.

Mav
09-10-2013, 02:21 PM
I would say the Chiefs could do a lot worse than have Jim Harbaugh pick their next QB prospect.

Kap is a phenomenal talent. But without Jim. Hes not Kap.

I just wish people understood that. I would get along with so many more 49er fans if they realized that Kap wouldn't be doing what he is doing if he were drafted by like Oakland which was rumored.

Him paired with Jim, and Greg is what makes this thing so beautiful.

And im not knocking Kap. Im saying that situation, and place usually dictates the success or failure of a player.

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2013, 02:27 PM

Call me super sensitive.

I really don't give a flying fuck what you think. I wish that you and your 49er posse would pack up and get the fuck out of Dodge.

Go fuck yourself.

Jakemall

I don't think you'll find many PRO Alex guys that really believe he's a top 5 guy.

Am I higher on Alex than you are? Sure. I think he's in the 8-13 range. Time will prove me right or wrong.

I'm sure we are joined by a few hundred thousand others at least. Sorry to disappoint you. :D

You're saying that the Raiders have had a few hundred thousand fans??? I don't buy it.

Kaepernick

Let's see... My QB is picking apart the opponents secondary while my running game struggles with 7 in a box every down. Hmm... what to do, what to do?:hmmm:

The packers sold out to stop the run and surrendered the air war. Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Let's talk after Sunday. I think I am going to be very happy on Monday morning. I think Gore goes for 100 yards and 2 TDs Sunday.

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Kap is a phenomenal talent. But without Jim. Hes not Kap.

I just wish people understood that. I would get along with so many more 49er fans if they realized that Kap wouldn't be doing what he is doing if he were drafted by like Oakland which was rumored.

Him paired with Jim, and Greg is what makes this thing so beautiful.

And im not knocking Kap. Im saying that situation, and place usually dictates the success or failure of a player.

Kaep without Alex probably isn't what he is either. Kaep came into the NFL with all the talent in the world but the knock on him was how raw he was.

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Let's see... My QB is picking apart the opponents secondary while my running game struggles with 7 in a box every down. Hmm... what to do, what to do?:hmmm:

The packers sold out to stop the run and surrendered the air war. Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Let's talk after Sunday. I think I am going to be very happy on Monday morning. I think Gore goes for 100 yards and 2 TDs Sunday.

Gore traditionally does well in Seattle. 100 yards would be below par.

Kaepernick
09-10-2013, 02:31 PM
I really don't give a flying **** what you think. I wish that you and your 49er posse would pack up and get the **** out of Dodge.

Go **** yourself.

I like you. You are one of the funnier posters on this forum.

Kaepernick
09-10-2013, 02:33 PM
You're saying that the Raiders have had a few hundred thousand fans??? I don't buy it.

Whatchu takin' about? Every blood, crip and MS13, other *13 gangbanger up and down the west coast is a Raiders fan. South of Long Beach is nothing but until you get to La Jolla.

Kaepernick
09-10-2013, 02:38 PM
Kaep without Alex probably isn't what he is either. Kaep came into the NFL with all the talent in the world but the knock on him was how raw he was.

I could but won't rebut this. I keep hoping all the 49er fans keep their talk Alex related or Chiefs related. When we get into these extended Kap discussions, it just pisses off the fans here.

You would be pissed if some jackass was constantly talking about Russell Wilson or Andrew Luck on a 49ers forum.

When I brought up Kaepernick, it was in context of the discussion of posting FFBs in wins. It wasn't a Kap talk but about being able to post more than pedestrian numbers.

So let's not get sidetracked on discussions of 49er crap out of context of the Chiefs. We are just going to piss these guys off more.

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Whatchu takin' about? Every blood, crip and MS13, other *13 gangbanger up and down the west coast is a Raiders fan. South of Long Beach is nothing but until you get to La Jolla.

None of those existed when the Raiders whent to LA...That's it...The Raiders were the cause of the gang outbreak in SoCal in the 80s!!!

Kaepernick
09-10-2013, 02:41 PM
None of those existed when the Raiders whent to LA...That's it...The Raiders were the cause of the gang outbreak in SoCal in the 80s!!!

I do believe you are right. The Raiders began the gang epidemic. So what you are really saying is that the anti-gang units should be focusing on just eliminating the Raiders. Problem solved.

I like the way you think. :clap:

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Kaepernick
Rodgers
Peyton
Brady
Brees
Luck
Ryan
Eli Manning
Wilson
RG3
Cam Newton
Roethlisberger

Top 8-13 range for Alice Smith?

Jesus-****ing-christ, you really are an idiotic, delusional Alice Smith slurper.

How is Alice Smith a top 8-13 range QB?

I would LOVE to hear your explanation.

Hilarious.

FYP.

RealSNR
09-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Jim Harbaugh = Hitler. I've never hated a coach the way I do Harbaugh. I have no clue why that is, either. They're coaches, for crying out loud.

It's not just arrogance. I'm cool with guys like Rex. Even a guy like Belichick that makes some of the wankiest sloppy eagle personnel decisions doesn't get my hackles up the way Harbaugh does.

Easy 6
09-10-2013, 03:26 PM
FYP.

You could've went ahead and took Cam off there too, he may be more physically gifted, but until he becomes a consistent winner... he's not better.

BigMeatballDave
09-10-2013, 03:30 PM
I really don't give a flying fuck what you think. I wish that you and your 49er posse would pack up and get the fuck out of Dodge.

Go fuck yourself.

This is funny to me right now because I'm in Dodge City. :)

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 03:58 PM
You could've went ahead and took Cam off there too, he may be more physically gifted, but until he becomes a consistent winner... he's not better.

Maybe...but I'm leaving myself wiggle room.

Radar Chief
09-10-2013, 03:59 PM

Condolences.

eDave
09-10-2013, 04:01 PM

Damn. I lost my son to Dodge City. Should NEVER have let him mom take him there. He will rot there and already is. Fuck!

SAUTO
09-10-2013, 04:19 PM
26 point lead, and the D was stuffing Jacksonville. No upside to long passes, and plenty of downside. Why would you want to throw low percentage (25%) passes with a 75% chance of stopping the clock in that situation? Just so you can feel good that your QB has a higher YPA? That is stupid.
What, percentage of short passes did Smith compete in the second half?
Posted via Mobile Device

NinerDoug
09-10-2013, 04:32 PM
I really don't give a flying **** what you think. I wish that you and your 49er posse would pack up and get the **** out of Dodge.

Go **** yourself.

I could but won't rebut this. I keep hoping all the 49er fans keep their talk Alex related or Chiefs related. When we get into these extended Kap discussions, it just pisses off the fans here.

You would be pissed if some jackass was constantly talking about Russell Wilson or Andrew Luck on a 49ers forum.

When I brought up Kaepernick, it was in context of the discussion of posting FFBs in wins. It wasn't a Kap talk but about being able to post more than pedestrian numbers.

So let's not get sidetracked on discussions of 49er crap out of context of the Chiefs. We are just going to piss these guys off more.

Lol.

Like a bunch of house guests who show up and give no indication as to any plans to leave in the foreseeable future.

:evil:

BTW, is Boldin awesome or what!!!

SAUTO
09-10-2013, 05:06 PM

The bottom line is that Smith's abilities are a perfect fit for Reid's WCO. Whether they reach the ultimate goal is yet to be seen. But I can't fault Reid and Dorsey for getting "their guy", who to date, looks to be the same exact guy from 2011 and 2012, not the guy from 2005. only idiots think rivers is better than Smith
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Jim Harbaugh = Hitler. I've never hated a coach the way I do Harbaugh. I have no clue why that is, either. They're coaches, for crying out loud.

It's not just arrogance. I'm cool with guys like Rex. Even a guy like Belichick that makes some of the wankiest sloppy eagle personnel decisions doesn't get my hackles up the way Harbaugh does.

Fuck Belichick and his Patriot Way that infected KC with Pioli and Cassel.

Red Gorilla
09-10-2013, 05:22 PM

I feel the same way. I think the thing that puts him over the top is that he comes off as a sore loser. He seems to pout and cry "that's cheating" a lot imo. He's a lot like Spurrier. A great coach but, a serious asshole.

NinerDoug
09-10-2013, 05:25 PM
I feel the same way. I think the thing that puts him over the top is that he comes off as a sore loser. He seems to pout and cry "that's cheating" a lot imo. He's a lot like Spurrier. A great coach but, a serious asshole.

Happens so rarely these days, it's not a significant part of his personality. :D

Sandy Vagina
09-10-2013, 05:30 PM

I agree. Glad to have the success in SF, but I also think he's an asshole, and son of a motherless goat. I'm actually surprised he hasn't been arrested when out in public. He carries and handles himself like someone you just want to beat the shit out of.

9er guy
09-10-2013, 05:35 PM
All you bitches love it.......

http://wpmedia.blogs.theprovince.com/2013/02/harbaugh.gif

NinerDoug
09-10-2013, 05:47 PM
I agree. Glad to have the success in SF, but I also think he's an asshole, and son of a motherless goat. I'm actually surprised he hasn't been arrested when out in public. He carries and handles himself like someone you just want to beat the shit out of.

Actually, I think all references to Jesus in the Bible should be replaced with Jim Harbaugh.

Sandy Vagina
09-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Actually, I think all references to Jesus in the Bible should be replaced with Jim Harbaugh.

Where you choose to spend eternity is completely up to you, :D

NinerDoug
09-10-2013, 06:07 PM
Where you choose to spend eternity is completely up to you, :D

Haunting the NFL Hall of Fame?

Monolith
09-10-2013, 07:51 PM

poopoopshibam :evil:

splatbass
09-10-2013, 08:15 PM

And both narrowly missed the SB due to a fumble. :hmmm:

splatbass
09-10-2013, 08:19 PM

Yeah, but most of them are in jail. The only way the Raiders could ever fill up their stadium is if a lot of people are paroled.

Ebolapox
09-10-2013, 08:31 PM

http://wpmedia.blogs.theprovince.com/2013/02/harbaugh.gif

fuck jim harbaugh. between the 1995 playoff loss to the harbaugh-led colts when we had home-field advantage and the fleecing of andy reid to the tune of two second rounders for.... ALEX FUCKING SMITH, he's public enemy number two around here (second ONLY to john elway)

Alex Smiff
09-10-2013, 09:00 PM
I don't think you'll find many PRO Alex guys that really believe he's a top 5 guy.

Am I higher on Alex than you are? Sure. I think he's in the 8-13 range. Time will prove me right or wrong.

This is why your football knowledge gets questioned time and time again.

What a load of crap.

themanwithnoname
09-10-2013, 09:02 PM
**** jim harbaugh. between the 1995 playoff loss to the harbaugh-led colts when we had home-field advantage and the fleecing of andy reid to the tune of two second rounders for.... ALEX ****ING SMITH, he's public enemy number two around here (second ONLY to john elway)

Good points, but I just can't seem to work up the vitriol. With Reid its because Reid is a fucking glutton. I like the guy but damn he needs to at least gastric bypass his love of subpar QBs.

I hate his brother more, although I think its more envy of both. I think they're both overrated as they lucked into good organizations and situations, and its not rocket science to know to find a QB to get you a Super Bowl, so its not like they really deserve that much credit for doing that.

Plus, him pissing in Schwartz's cheerios was great.

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 09:09 PM

What a load of crap.

You're right...that is a load of crap.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2013, 09:11 PM
lol @ anyone that think Alex is better than 15th or 16th.

philfree
09-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Circumstances are different but Alex Smith's debut as a Chief went better than Trent Greens. :shrug: Just sayin'!

Mav
09-10-2013, 09:23 PM

What a load of crap.

How can you say someones opinion is knowledge. He said I THINK...

That's his opinion. Just like yours is that Alex isn't.

Ace Gunner
09-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Circumstances are different but Alex Smith's debut as a Chief went better than Trent Greens. :shrug: Just sayin'!

:D

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2013, 09:41 PM

Smith's ceiling is Bono, and isn't even the same ballpark as Trent.

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 09:52 PM

based on what?

philfree
09-10-2013, 09:54 PM

I liked Trent Green but Alex Smith is a lot better then Oh No Bono.

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 09:54 PM
lol @ anyone that think Alex is better than 15th or 16th.

You LOL at anyone who says anything other than Alex sucks, why should I start thinking your opinion matters now? :D

Hammock Parties
09-10-2013, 09:55 PM
His ceiling isn't Bono.

He IS Bono.

And he ain't getting any better.

It's not like Bono was completely awful. He had a 21/10 year here. That's what Alex is gonna be here.

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2013, 09:56 PM
He IS Bono.

You're Steve Bono

Hammock Parties
09-10-2013, 09:56 PM
You're Steve Bono

Impossible. I love the restaurants in Kansas City.

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2013, 09:57 PM
based on what?

Simply based on the inability of shouldering the load, and not having the killer instinct. Of course that's if he can stay healthy past the 9th game of the season, which we'll see Daniel(zzzzzzzzzz) till the end of the season when Alex is injured during that period.

philfree
09-10-2013, 09:57 PM
You're Steve Bono

More like Chaz Bono.

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2013, 09:59 PM
More like Chaz Bono.

LMAO

Hammock Parties
09-10-2013, 10:01 PM
Just get the fuck out of my thread, all of you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/thirty7puppetz/no20Homers20Club1.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2013, 10:13 PM
I think Clay is dead-on with the Bono comparison. I give Smith caria about being "Grbono", but let's face it; there is NO Grbac arm within 100 light-years of THAT boy...

Dave Lane
09-10-2013, 10:13 PM
I liked Trent Green but Alex Smith is a lot better then Oh No Bono.

No way bono was a brother from a different mother.

Dave Lane
09-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Just get the **** out of my thread, all of you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/thirty7puppetz/no20Homers20Club1.jpg

Can I stay?

:evil:

splatbass

JFC, you can't really believe that can you? What are you smoking?

Sweet Daddy Hate
Also, Bono was kind of a mouth-breather.

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 10:17 PM

I don't think he is old enough to have actually seen Bono play. If he was, he'd never make that statement.

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2013, 10:17 PM

You think he could run the Saunders offense? By stretching the field like Green did?

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2013, 10:18 PM
I don't think he is old enough to have actually seen Bono play. If he was, he'd never make that statement.

32 years old son, watch him up close back in the day

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2013, 10:20 PM

I will say that Smith(at least sweet god I pray)is mentally tougher and smarter than Bozo. Bozo was not the smartest asshole to ever wear a red helmet.

That said, Clay is more than likely speaking in terms of stats and overall success-projections for Smith as a Chief.

hometeam
09-10-2013, 10:22 PM

Do you think Alex can;

Throw for over 20k yards over the next 5 seasons?

How about throw for 111 TDs?

Go 13-0?

Be within 200 yards of the passing title twice?

Start 80 consecutive games?

Join the 3 consecutive years with 4000+ club?

Make 2 Pro Bowls?

Just asking

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2013, 10:23 PM
http://www.rocktownhall.com/blogs/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/bono.jpg

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 10:25 PM

I saw him play for the 9ers back in 89-93...with one of the most loaded offenses in the NFL he could barely break an 88 QBR...and usually he was a whole lot worse.

It's safe to say that Alex is far and away better than that. More Alex has gotten better each year. Bono pretty much went down hill after 91.

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Do you think Alex can;

Go 13-0?

Just asking

Which one of those feats did Bono do again?

Oh by the way, Montana never threw for 4000 yards. Just saying.

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2013, 10:29 PM
I saw him play for the 9ers back in 89-93...with one of the most loaded offenses in the NFL he could barely break an 88 QBR...and usually he was a whole lot worse.

It's safe to say that Alex is far and away better than that.

Alex stats and playing style that has been cited ad nauseum dictates otherwise.

Jakemall
I will say that Smith(at least sweet god I pray)is mentally tougher and smarter than Bozo. Bozo was not the smartest asshole to ever wear a red helmet.

That said, Clay is more than likely speaking in terms of stats and overall success-projections for Smith as a Chief.

Again Bono Broke 88 QBR with the one of the most talented offenses that the history of football has ever seen. The offense Alex played with the last couple years was no where close to that...yet he beat Bono's best year twice..and again upward trend.

hometeam
Which one of those feats did Bono do again?

Just saying hes no Trent.

vailpass
09-10-2013, 10:30 PM
http://www.rocktownhall.com/blogs/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/bono.jpg

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Alex stats and playing style that has been cited ad nauseum dictates otherwise.

79 QBR = Bono's best year with KC.

Alex's career QBR is 79. That includes being thrown into the mix as a rookie, half a season with a broken shoulder and the mess that was the 49ers for years.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2013, 10:33 PM

He played in the fucking 80s you imbecile.

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 10:35 PM
He played in the ****ing 80s you imbecile.

LOL..shhh

Don't tell Namath, Marino, Fouts and a whole slew of other QBS that, okay?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_yds_single_season.htm

Mav
09-10-2013, 10:36 PM
Do you think Alex can;

Go 13-0?

Make 2 Pro Bowls?

Just asking

No. Not even close. None of the stats.

But then again, if the Chiefs had had any defense at all, then Trent wouldn't of had to put up those numbers either.

That's the difference. The Chiefs are a defensive team now.

They are very limited on offense after you get past Bowe, and Charles. But their defense is BEASTLY. Maybe the best defense in the entire AFC.

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2013, 10:36 PM
79 QBR = Bono's best year with KC.

Alex's career QBR is 79. That includes being thrown into the mix as a rookie, half a season with a broken shoulder and the mess that was the 49ers for years.

and the rules have been watered down in favor of QBs since Bono retired.

splatbass
09-10-2013, 10:37 PM
You think he could run the Saunders offense? By stretching the field like Green did?

Smith? Yes. Bono? No.

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2013, 10:37 PM
LOL..shhh

Don't tell Namath, Marino, Fouts and a whole slew of other QBS that, okay?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_yds_single_season.htm

BTW, don't even dare bring Joe in the conversation. Now that is fucking insane

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Smith? Yes. Bono? No.

Really, then why didn't Harbaugh open up the playbook more for Alex to take charge?

splatbass
09-10-2013, 10:39 PM

I was older than that when Bono played.

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2013, 10:40 PM
I was older than that when Bono played.

So what? Point is I was there in the fucking stands when he was in a KC uniform during the Marty era.

splatbass
Do you think Alex can;

Go 13-0?

Make 2 Pro Bowls?

Just asking

Stats are meaningless. Can he go farther in the playoffs than Bono? Yes, he already did.

Discuss Thrower

80s or otherwise, some mediocre QBs have made it to 4k:

Grbac.. Jay Schroeder.. Jon Kitna.. Jim Everett.. Brian Sipe.. Brad Johnson... Scott Mitchell...

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 10:42 PM
and the rules have been watered down in favor of QBs since Bono retired.

96 is when the biggest of the passing rules hit. The 5 yard contact rule was enforced. Bono's QBR actually dropped that year...but I don't know who he had for WRs/TEs.

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2013, 10:44 PM

With the greatest receiver of all time.

I think you're the imbecile.

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2013, 10:44 PM
96 is when the biggest of the passing rules hit. The 5 yard contact rule was enforced. Bono's QBR actually dropped that year...but I don't know who he had for WRs/TEs.

Keith Cash, JJ Birden, Willie Davis were the main targets with Marcus Allen as the feature back.

vailpass
09-10-2013, 10:46 PM

Boom.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2013, 10:47 PM

The guy's point is stupid. It was a different era. John Elway had ONE 4,000 yard season, and it came in the 90s.

splatbass
09-10-2013, 10:47 PM
Keith Cash, JJ Birden, Willie Davis were the main targets with Marcus Allen as the feature back.

Weren't those the same players that Montana took to the AFCC?

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2013, 10:49 PM
The guy's point is stupid. It was a different era. John Elway had ONE 4,000 yard season, and it came in the 90s.

Just the idea of bringing Montana the GOAT QB IMO into an Alex Smith conversation is fucking looney tunes.

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 10:49 PM
So what? Point is I was there in the ****ing stands when he was in a KC uniform during the Marty era.

So you were what..15? Not knocking you, but most 15 year olds..hell most 30 year olds don't really understand football.

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 10:52 PM
BTW, don't even dare bring Joe in the conversation. Now that is ****ing insane

Actually the point of bringing up Montana was to demonstrate that you don't have to throw for 4000 yards to be a great QB. There were LOTs of QBS that threw consistently for more yards than Joe. Joe was...Joe Cool. He was clutch. He made his team play better than they were.

Tribal Warfare
Weren't those the same players that Montana took to the AFCC?

Just the idea of bringing Montana the GOAT QB IMO into an Alex Smith conversation is fucking looney tunes.

So you were what..15? Not knocking you, but most 15 year olds..hell most 30 year olds don't really understand football.

Hammock Parties
80s or otherwise, some mediocre QBs have made it to 4k:

Grbac.. Jay Schroeder.. Jon Kitna.. Jim Everett.. Brian Sipe.. Brad Johnson... Scott Mitchell...

I'm not sure what the point of this conversation is.

The best QBs today are throwing for a fuck ton of yards.

splatbass
09-10-2013, 11:01 PM

The best QBs today are throwing for a **** ton of yards.

Stats are for fantasy football. All I care about is wins. So time will tell if Alex Smith will be successful as far as wins. Yards? I don't give a shit.

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 11:03 PM

Loved Marcus Allen. Cash was injured, JJ was with another team and willie was in 96 too.

Looks like Chris Penn, Sean LaChapelle, Danan Hughes, some guy named Joe Horn (KC really blew it with him) and Reggie Johnson? You had Webster Slaughter the year before who was a good wr, but it looks like he was injured all the time?

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 11:05 PM

With the exception of the superbowl and this week, Colin has not thrown 300+ games. I think he's one of the best out there.

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 11:06 PM

I think that was pretty much established when you created this thread.

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Loved Marcus Allen. Cash was injured, JJ was with another team and willie was in 96 too.

Looks like Chris Penn, Sean LaChapelle, Danan Hughes, some guy named Joe Horn (KC really blew it with him) and Reggie Johnson? You had Webster Slaughter the year before who was a good wr, but it looks like he was injured all the time?

Yep, but bringing in Montana in a Alex Smith thread is delusional.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2013, 11:09 PM
but we are over looking 1995 huh?

Ugh.

LowExpectations
09-10-2013, 11:13 PM

Yeah, dipshit JakeMall forgot to account for era.

Even if you account for era, Montana had a 10 year run from 81-90(the years where he started ever game he played) of averaging 240 yards per.

Even in pass happy today's NFL, Alex Smith is the 175-190 yard king.

Only from these clowns would you see a fucking Alex Smith/ Joe Montana comparison.

Discuss Thrower
09-10-2013, 11:13 PM

The best QBs today are throwing for a fuck ton of yards.

Imagine had any of these guys had that kind of production in any of their particular seasons in 2012 or 2013. I'd assume they might even be higher. Like 2000, for example:

Manning (IND)
Garcia (SF)
Grbac (KC)
Culpepper (MIN)
Favre (GB)
Testaverde (NYJ)
Beuerlein (CAR)
Brunell (JAX)
Collins (NYG)

There are only three playoff quarterbacks on this list, though admittedly there'd probably be a 4th had Trent Green finished the season / Warner somehow started the season instead. So the ninth guy on the list made it to the Superbowl and lost to Trent Dilfer, the first guy on the list lost to the Dolphins in overtime in the wildcard round. Culpepper's team was shut out and had 41 hung on them by the Superbowl runner-up.

There's a whoooooole lot of mediocrity on this list with four of the list heading teams with losing records and two at one win over .500%.

Perhaps leading leading a league season in yards might not be a flawless indicator of actual production.

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 11:22 PM
double post.

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 11:24 PM
Yeah, dipshit JakeMall forgot to account for era.

Even if you account for era, Montana had a 10 year run from 81-90(the years where he started ever game he played) of averaging 240 yards per.

Even in pass happy today's NFL, Alex Smith is the 175-190 yard king.

Only from these clowns would you see a ****ing Alex Smith/ Joe Montana comparison.

Passing Yds leader for 1988

1. Dan Marino · MIA 4434
2. Jim Everett · RAM 3964
3. Randall Cunningham* · PHI 3808
4. Boomer Esiason*+ · CIN 3572
5. Neil Lomax · PHO 3395
6. Jim Kelly* · BUF 3380
7. Phil Simms · NYG 3359
8. John Elway · DEN 3309
9. Vinny Testaverde · TAM 3240
10. Bobby Hebert · NOR 3156

Who won the superbowl that year? He's not listed here...

I'm not saying Alex is Montana..you're an idiot if you think that's what I'm saying.

LowExpectations
09-10-2013, 11:26 PM
Passing Yds leader for 1988

1. Dan Marino · MIA 4434
2. Jim Everett · RAM 3964
3. Randall Cunningham* · PHI 3808
4. Boomer Esiason*+ · CIN 3572
5. Neil Lomax · PHO 3395
6. Jim Kelly* · BUF 3380
7. Phil Simms · NYG 3359
8. John Elway · DEN 3309
9. Vinny Testaverde · TAM 3240
10. Bobby Hebert · NOR 3156

Who won the superbowl that year? He's not listed here...

Yeah, pick Montana's worst statistical year with the 49ers as your point. That's real genuine, guy.

Even in that year, he averaged 212 per game. Somthing Smiff in today's pass happy league will not sniff.

Now fast forward to 89', where Montana won the superbowl and led the NFL with 270 yards per game.

You're an idiot of epic proportions.

Jakemall
09-10-2013, 11:32 PM
Yeah, pick Montana's worst statistical year with the 49ers as your point. That's real genuine, guy.

Even in that year, he averaged 212 per game. Somthing Smiff in today's pass happy league will not sniff.

Now fast forward to 89', where Montana won the superbowl and led the NFL with 270 yards per game.

You're still trying to compare the QBs..and that wasn't why it was brought up. Listen again...you don't have to lead the league in passing yards to be the best QB. Montana is a perfect example of that.

Learn to read.

LowExpectations
09-10-2013, 11:36 PM
You're still trying to compare the QBs..and that wasn't why it was brought up. Listen again...you don't have to lead the league in passing yards to be the best QB. Montana is a perfect example of that.

Learn to read.

Did you see the 89' stat? I'm not comparing the 2 QB's. Only a fanboy would do that.

I'm arguing your point that "passing yards don't matter". You're now trying to save yourself by saying "leading the league in passing yards", but the real truth is that Montana for a 10 year run was quite productive at getting yards per game. If Alex Smith was averaging 240 yards per game, but not quite leading the league in passing yards, there'd be no real issues with Smith's play.

240 X 16= 3840. Think Alex ever gets there?

LowExpectations
09-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Meanwhile, some things just never change.

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF 8h
Colin Kaepernick's Average depth of target Wk 1 was a league-leading 13.4 yards downfield. Alex Smith propped up the table at 4.9]

Hammock Parties
09-10-2013, 11:41 PM
But Reid will change Alex's ways, I know it.

LowExpectations
09-10-2013, 11:43 PM
But Reid will change Alex's ways, I know it.

According to OldFart, the only reason for Alex's conservative play was all because Harbaugh held him back purposely.

Some of the shit you read in here is high comedy stupidity.

ViperVisor
09-10-2013, 11:45 PM
Meanwhile, some things just never change.

Smith and KC were not even trying for half the game and he was still ahead of...

P.Rivers
R.Griffin
T.Brady
J.Freeman
T.Romo
G.Smith
J.Flacco
T.Pryor
B.Roethlisberger
C.Ponder
B.Weeden
B.Gabbert

LowExpectations
09-10-2013, 11:46 PM
Smith and KC were not even trying for half the game and he was still ahead of...

P.Rivers
R.Griffin
T.Brady
J.Freeman
T.Romo
G.Smith
J.Flacco
T.Pryor
B.Roethlisberger
C.Ponder
B.Weeden
B.Gabbert

"Not even trying"?

Should have stuck to my guns. Had enough of you and your ball-licking excuses. You're not genuine at all in any of your points.

ViperVisor
09-10-2013, 11:49 PM
"Not even trying"?

Should have stuck to my guns. Had enough of you and your ball-licking excuses. You're not genuine at all in any of your points.

Don't like facts.
Go with the personal attacks.

You are a swell guy.

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2013, 11:49 PM
"Not even trying"?

You're fucking beyond worthless.

Go back the 49ers board, Dumbfuck.

LowExpectations
09-10-2013, 11:52 PM
Don't like facts.
Go with the personal attacks.

You are a swell guy.

Oh, "not trying" is a fact now, eh?

Do you have a problem upstairs in the head? Each post gets worse and worse.

LowExpectations
09-10-2013, 11:53 PM
You're ****ing beyond worthless.

Go back the 49ers board, Dumb****.

Aren't you the same guy who described one of Smith's preseason screen passes as a beautiful pass?

Who the hell describes a screen pass as a beautiful pass other than an Alex/Tebow jock sniffer? Please let me know.

AussieChiefsFan
09-10-2013, 11:53 PM
"Not even trying"?

Should have stuck to my guns. Had enough of you and your ball-licking excuses. You're not genuine at all in any of your points.If they were going as hard-out in the 2nd as they were in the 1st the point differential would not have been a "respectable" 26.

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2013, 11:54 PM
Aren't you the same guy who described one of Smith's preseason screen passes as a beautiful pass?

Who the hell describes a screen pass as a beautiful pass other than an Alex/Tebow jock sniffer? Please let me know.

Go fuck yourself, Dickmunch

LowExpectations
09-10-2013, 11:55 PM
If they were going as hard-out in the 2nd as they were in the 1st the point differential would not have been a "respectable" 26.

And you know this for fact, because?

As we all know, there's never been a higher point differential in a football game than 26.

LowExpectations
09-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Go **** yourself, Dickmunch

I asked you a question.

ViperVisor
09-10-2013, 11:56 PM
Oh, "not trying" is a fact now, eh?

Do you have a problem upstairs in the head? Each post gets worse and worse.

The numbers you ignored to attack me are facts.

The Not Trying is a reasonable deduction.

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2013, 11:57 PM
I asked you a question.

Use the search function, cockbag

AussieChiefsFan
09-10-2013, 11:58 PM
And you know this for fact, because?

As we all know, there's never been a higher point differential in a football game than 26.What are you even trying to say here?

LowExpectations
09-10-2013, 11:59 PM
The numbers you ignored to attack me are facts.

The Not Trying is a reasonable deduction.

Those numbers are also a little misleading, as average depth of completion would have painted a little bit different story I imagine.

Regardless, the point of that tweet I quoted was blasting your fellow friend OldFart's laughable assertion that Harbaugh held Smith back because of Harbaugh's own conservative nature.

The Not Trying is a fanboy deduction. Nothing reasonable about it at all, considering players are still trying to earn PT early on in different personnel groupings and such.

LowExpectations
09-10-2013, 11:59 PM
What are you even trying to say here?

You said if they had tried in the 2nd half the point differential would have been much larger.

I am mocking that statement.

AussieChiefsFan
09-11-2013, 12:01 AM
You said if they had tried in the 2nd half the point differential would have been much larger.

I am mocking that statement.Nice try.

LowExpectations
09-11-2013, 12:04 AM
Nice try.

So, there has never been a larger point differential than 26?

Did I really just miss the most lopsided game in NFL history, or are you just being retarded when trying to determine level of "effort" from the TV screen?

AussieChiefsFan
09-11-2013, 12:07 AM
So, there has never been a larger point differential than 26?

Did I really just miss the most lopsided game in NFL history, or are you just being retarded when trying to determine level of "effort" from the TV screen?Are trying to say that I suggested that there had never a bigger point differential than 26? Special kind of tard.

LowExpectations
09-11-2013, 12:09 AM
Are trying to say that I suggested that there had never a bigger point differential than 26? Special kind of tard.

Your logic suggests once you get that kind of lead that the effort stops.

AussieChiefsFan
09-11-2013, 12:11 AM
Your logic suggests once you get that kind of lead that the effort stops.Not completely. Just in the form of not displaying your entire game-plan unnecessarily, and resting players.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2013, 12:11 AM
Your logic suggests once you get that kind of lead that the effort stops.

What happened in DC last night, genius?

LowExpectations
09-11-2013, 12:18 AM
What happened in DC last night, genius?

Eagles offense got tired, Redskins nearly came back. That's an excellent example of why teams don't "stop trying".

LOL. You are such a dumbass. Tell me more about beautiful screen passes.

ViperVisor
09-11-2013, 12:19 AM
Regardless, the point of that tweet I quoted was blasting your fellow friend OldFart's laughable assertion that Harbaugh held Smith back because of Harbaugh's own conservative nature.

2011 the entire offense was held back with the lockout.

Preseason Kaepernick threw 5 INTs. The same as Smith did all season.

Injuries to the WRs were a big problem.

How is having Smith throw 60% of his passes in quarters 1 and 2 being conservative with Smith?

True they didn't have much pass offense mid to deep. But that isn't what Smith does well and the team doesn't have a AJ Green or DeSean Jackson at WR.

With Kaepernick his strength is the middle to deep pass game.
Harbaugh and co adjust the offense to do more of it.

But lets not pretend the 400 yard games are going to be the norm.

It was a good game plan where the read-option was hardly used.
The pass protection was good.
The WRs and TEs were open and made catches and plays.

And it is Green Bay. Who are questioned as a playoff team because of the defense.
Last year Gabbert had a 300 yard game vs them.
Christian Ponder had probably his best career game vs them.

Remember last year after the New England game with all the TD passes?

The next week @ SEA

29 Passes
180 Yards
an INT

That was Kaepernick before a 4th Q garbage drive for a TD when the score was 6 -42.

AussieChiefsFan
09-11-2013, 12:20 AM
Eagles offense got tired, Redskins nearly came back. That's an excellent example of why teams don't "stop trying".

There's a difference between whoever the Jags put there at QB, and Robert Griffin III.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2013, 12:25 AM

You're a fucking moron.

Even Chip Kelly said they let up after jumping out to a huge lead.

How fucking dumb are you?

LowExpectations
09-11-2013, 12:26 AM
2011 the entire offense was held back with the lockout.

Preseason Kaepernick threw 5 INTs. The same as Smith did all season.

Injuries to the WRs were a big problem.

How is having Smith throw 60% of his passes in quarters 1 and 2 being conservative with Smith?

True they didn't have much pass offense mid to deep. But that isn't what Smith does well and the team doesn't have a AJ Green or DeSean Jackson at WR.

With Kaepernick his strength is the middle to deep pass game.
Harbaugh and co adjust the offense to do more of it.

But lets not pretend the 400 yard games are going to be the norm.

It was a good game plan where the read-option was hardly used.
The pass protection was good.
The WRs and TEs were open and made catches and plays.

Remember last year after the New England game with all the TD passes?

The next week @ SEA

29 Passes
180 Yards
an INT

That was Kaepernick before a 4th Q garbage drive for a TD when the score was 6 -42.

Kaepernick put up the same points vs Seattle as Alex Smith did, difference was Kap's game was on the road(in that stadium) and the defense gave up 42 points instead of 6.

The rest is even worse logic, that I don't feel like getting into as I need to hit the sack soon.

Anyways, I wasn't comparing Kaepernick and Alex completely, I was comparing the 49ers aggressiveness with Kap as opposed to Smith.

Smith in KC is the same checkdown king he always was, and Kap is the same aggressive gunslinger he was last year.

Any other stats used to try and disprove that statement is fanboy-ism, which can be treated for by getting a life and destroying the AS shrine in your room.

LowExpectations
09-11-2013, 12:26 AM
You're a ****ing moron.

How ****ing dumb are you?

Link?

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2013, 12:29 AM

Hey Buttfuck, this is straight from Kelly:

Kelly let his foot off the pedal in the third quarter when the Eagles had a 33-7 lead, and it sounds like he thinks he might have been too quick to go from attack mode. Asked if he eased up too soon, he said, “We may have eased. The clock’s always running at this level. It’s a different game than in college. We have a lot to learn.”

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/10/chip-kelly-philadelphia-eagles-mailbag/?sct=hp_t2_a9&eref=sihp

Shut your fucking cockhole, moron.

vailpass
09-11-2013, 12:32 AM
Hey Butt****, this is straight from Kelly:

Kelly let his foot off the pedal in the third quarter when the Eagles had a 33-7 lead, and it sounds like he thinks he might have been too quick to go from attack mode. Asked if he eased up too soon, he said, “We may have eased. The clock’s always running at this level. It’s a different game than in college. We have a lot to learn.”

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/10/chip-kelly-philadelphia-eagles-mailbag/?sct=hp_t2_a9&eref=sihp

Shut your ****ing cockhole, moron.

AussieChiefsFan
09-11-2013, 12:32 AM
Hey Buttfuck, this is straight from Kelly:

Shut your fucking cockhole, moron.Rep. :clap:

ViperVisor
09-11-2013, 12:34 AM
Anyways, I wasn't comparing Kaepernick and Alex completely, I was comparing the 49ers aggressiveness with Kap as opposed to Smith.

Smith in KC is the same checkdown king he always was, and Kap is the same aggressive gunslinger he was last year.

Any other stats used to try and disprove that statement is fanboy-ism, which can be treated for by getting a life and destroying the AS shrine in your room.

I admit and see the 49ers are a bit different with Kap. The offense is adjusted to a QBs strengths, of course.

Smith 09-12 is in the teen range of how far he targets guys down field.
aggressive gunslinger got a whole 4% more yards per attempt in 2012 than Smith.

Factual stats don't matter as much as your ignorance and person attacks?

Hammock Parties
09-11-2013, 12:36 AM
Smith 09-12 is in the teen range of how far he targets guys down field.
aggressive gunslinger got a whole 4% more yards per attempt in 2012 than Smith.

Yards per completion tells a different story.

Kaepernick was #1 or #2.

Smith was something like 24th.

Jakemall
09-11-2013, 12:44 AM

Did you see the 89' stat? I'm not comparing the 2 QB's. Only a fanboy would do that.

I'm arguing your point that "passing yards don't matter". You're now trying to save yourself by saying "leading the league in passing yards", but the real truth is that Montana for a 10 year run was quite productive at getting yards per game. If Alex Smith was averaging 240 yards per game, but not quite leading the league in passing yards, there'd be no real issues with Smith's play.

If you don't see that previous statement as a comparison, I just don't know what to tell you.

Just for the record, minus the Rams game where he didn't even play half the game, he averaged 207 yards per game. He was 196 in the previous season. Yup..he won't sniff 212 even in todays pass happy football.

I'd say stop posting before you make a fool of yourself...but it is too late.

Jakemall
09-11-2013, 12:53 AM
Kaepernick put up the same points vs Seattle as Alex Smith did When Alex was recovering from an injured throwing hand, difference was Kap's game was on the road(in that stadium) and the defense gave up 42 points instead of 6.

The rest is even worse logic, that I don't feel like getting into as I need to hit the sack soon.

FYP

splatbass
09-11-2013, 12:58 AM

Passing yards is a poor indicator of how well the team does. If a team is behind the whole game they will have a LOT of passing yards even if they lose, and if a team has a big lead the whole game they will not pass much and have few passing yards.

I would rather have a team that wins by big margins and thus has a low amount of passing yards than a team with 400 yards that loses.

We seem to have a new generation raised on fantasy football that thinks stats are more important than score.

keg in kc
09-11-2013, 01:24 AM
Most of the teams that win by big margins don't do it with a 'low amount of passing yards". Our win Sunday was an aberration in that regard.

splatbass
09-11-2013, 01:34 AM
Most of the teams that win by big margins don't do it with a 'low amount of passing yards". Our win Sunday was an aberration in that regard.

The fact is that when teams have a big lead they run the ball more, and when they are way behind they pass more. You can't deny that.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2013, 01:45 AM

The Chiefs are coming off a 2-14 season.

They won Sunday, their first game of the year, on the road.

Why is that a source of discomfort and resentment?

keg in kc
09-11-2013, 02:02 AM
The fact is that when teams have a big lead they run the ball more, and when they are way behind they pass more. You can't deny that.I'm not trying to deny that, because it's not what you said. You said, and I quote, "I would rather have a team that wins by big margins and thus has a low amount of passing yards". And I replied by stating that it's unusual for a team that wins by a big margin to have a low number of passing yards. Because most of those leads are built with passing.

There weren't a lot of blowouts on Sunday and most or all of them aside from ours were competitive until the 2nd half, but here are the examples from this week....

The Broncos won 49-27. They had 445 yards passing and 65 yards rushing.

The Dolphins won 23-10. They had 255 yards passing and 20 yards rushing.

The Lions won 34-24. They had 352 yards passing and 117 yards rushing (this in a game where they ran the ball 33 times).

We won 28-2. We had 171 yards passing and 120 yards rushing.

I'm not making a value judgement either way. No need for either you or Dane to be so defensive. I'm simply saying that our game is/was the aberration.

Basically, it's unusual to see a big lead built with such a low passing total in today's NFL. To take it a step further, my guess is that, in the future, should we see the Chiefs win by two or more scores, it's likely that Alex Smith will have contributed more than 200 yards passing.

That said, Smith's game on Sunday was fine. I think the real thing that needs work at this point is third downs. We punted too many times, and improvement there will naturally improve his yardage numbers. But it's not something worth getting bent out of shape about at this point. I expect him to have more yards on Sunday, because I expect the Cowboys to be a much more competitive team, and I don't think there's much chance of our coaching staff going into preseason mode after halftime.

AussieChiefsFan
09-11-2013, 02:19 AM
The Chiefs are coming off a 2-14 season.

They won Sunday, their first game of the year, on the road.

Why is that a source of discomfort and resentment?

People like to bitch and moan.

Alex Smiff
09-11-2013, 04:33 AM
Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF Colin Kaepernick's Average depth of dat _____ Wk 1 was a league-leading 13.4". Alex Smith propped up the table at 4.9

Sandy Vagina
09-11-2013, 06:39 AM
I think Clay is dead-on with the Bono comparison. I give Smith caria about being "Grbono", but let's face it; there is NO Grbac arm within 100 light-years of THAT boy...

Well no shit you do. Clay could tell you to suck his shriveled cock and you would happily do it. He owns you, and parades you around here on his leash, you pathetic sychophant.

The point at this juncture is to get attention. Why else would people spend their nights yapping and attacking each other over their viewpoints of other men (players) that could care less about their opinions? They are lonely and are reaching out for someone to communicate with. You know all about that, Mr. 150+ K posts.

As for the "throwing for gobs of yardage"? Either go be a fan of those teams, or appreciate that your alleged team doesn't HAVE to get into chucking shoot-outs like others apparently do. The Chiefs so far are showing great defense... be glad for that, instead of being a whiny bitch about statistics and "punishing" the offense for it.

He's remarkably dumb and worthless. Two SF posters here that are a must to ignore are LowExpectations and Alex Smiff. The rest of us are at least reasonable and will talk football like grown-ups if civility remotely exists.

Yards per completion tells a different story.

Kaepernick was #1 or #2.

Smith was something like 24th.

Smith was 15th in the league for RZ efficiency...
Kaep was 29th in the league for RZ efficiency...

Cherry-picking stats iz teh funz!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2013, 06:51 AM
Well no shit you do. Clay could tell you to suck his shriveled cock and you would happily do it. He owns you, and parades you around here on his leash, you pathetic sychophant.

ROFL Coming from a Niner queer who stinks this board up daily with Alex Smith's fecal matter, I'll take that as a compliment.
"I HAZ AN INTERESZT IN HOW AXL DOES WITH KC"!

Go have an interest in your own team, you half a fucking tard.

Frosty
09-11-2013, 06:51 AM
The fact is that when teams have a big lead they run the ball more, and when they are way behind they pass more. You can't deny that.

The Chiefs ran 17 passing plays to 9 running plays in the second half. Even after Hali's INT, they ran 5 passing plays to two runs. They didn't go into a RRRP shell.

Sandy Vagina
09-11-2013, 07:24 AM
The Chiefs ran 17 passing plays to 9 running plays in the second half. Even after Hali's INT, they ran 5 passing plays to two runs. They didn't go into a RRRP shell.

Most regard that short passing game as an extension of the run... I thought it was excessive also, though. KC could and should have been RUNNING more clock.

Interestingly enough... here is the summary of 2nd half plays and what went wrong.

now these are just the 3 consecutive sets of downs that led to a punt... by no means all 3 and outs

3rd Q summary - 4 possessions -
1. one failed conversion was a pitch-out RUN on 3rd and short... stuffed.
2. dropped pass... run gain of 4... and dropped pass on 3rd.
3. main culprit on another was 2 great DB break-ups on 1st and 2nd... 3rd down was short of sticks completion.
4. a failure to get YAC on a screen pass.

4rd Q summary - 3 possessions -
1. stuffed run... stuffed run.. 3rd and 9.. QB sack. QB would have had a chance if multiple OL breakdowns had not occurred. (both Allen inside and Fisher outside)
2. run for 3... nice DB knockaway vs Avery... 3rd and 7.. dropped pass by McC. (pass was tough to catch, but QB was getting hit)
3. run for 4... clever WR screen inside to Bowe.. blocks never set up well... no YAC. 3rd and 6.. QB runs and slides 2 yds short of sticks.

Frosty
09-11-2013, 07:39 AM
Most regard that short passing game as an extension of the run... I thought it was excessive also, though. KC could and should have been RUNNING more clock.

Interestingly enough... here is the summary of 2nd half plays and what went wrong.

now these are just the 3 consecutive sets of downs that led to a punt... by no means all 3 and outs

3rd Q summary - 4 possessions -
1. one failed conversion was a pitch-out RUN on 3rd and short... stuffed.
2. dropped pass... run gain of 4... and dropped pass on 3rd.
3. main culprit on another was 2 great DB break-ups on 1st and 2nd... 3rd down was short of sticks completion.
4. a failure to get YAC on a screen pass.

4rd Q summary - 3 possessions -
1. stuffed run... stuffed run.. 3rd and 9.. QB sack. QB would have had a chance if multiple OL breakdowns had not occurred. (both Allen inside and Fisher outside)
2. run for 3... nice DB knockaway vs Avery... 3rd and 7.. dropped pass by McC. (pass was tough to catch, but QB was getting hit)
3. run for 4... clever WR screen inside to Bowe.. blocks never set up well... no YAC. 3rd and 6.. QB runs and slides 2 yds short of sticks.

So many people have tried to claim that the Chiefs had such a big lead that they didn't really try in the second half. I don't believe that's true and I think the play calling reflects that. FTR, I wasn't blaming Smith. There were multiple reasons for the breakdowns, as you pointed out. It was sloppy and the o-line didn't play as well as in the first.

I hope it was simply first game issues combined with the heat. Maybe the players didn't go full out because they had it in the bag. Whatever the reason, Reid needs to get that worked out because that kind of performance won't cut it against good teams.

Sandy Vagina
09-11-2013, 07:52 AM
So many people have tried to claim that the Chiefs had such a big lead that they didn't really try in the second half. I don't believe that's true and I think the play calling reflects that. FTR, I wasn't blaming Smith. There were multiple reasons for the breakdowns, as you pointed out. It was sloppy and the o-line didn't play as well as in the first.

I hope it was simply first game issues combined with the heat. Maybe the players didn't go full out because they had it in the bag. Whatever the reason, Reid needs to get that worked out because that kind of performance won't cut it against good teams.

I think the bolded was the biggest thing. Really felt like a preseason game by the 2nd half... crowd was dead.. players seemed like they were just going through the motions. There was no sense of urgency on the offensive side of the ball.. and yeah, I don't like to see that.

InChiefsHeaven
09-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Yeah, we weren't so much vanilla in the 2nd half as we were lackadaisical. That's actually worse IMO, even if you have the game in the bag, you keep your foot on the pedal till the clock shows 0:00.

But, it was hot. It was a blowout. No harm, but they can't play like that going forward.

Radar Chief
09-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Yeah, we weren't so much vanilla in the 2nd half as we were lackadaisical. That's actually worse IMO, even if you have the game in the bag, you keep your foot on the pedal till the clock shows 0:00.

But, it was hot. It was a blowout. No harm, but they can't play like that going forward.

Looked to me like they didn’t really start pulling back until JC went down.
After that is when they really slowed it down.

splatbass
09-11-2013, 09:08 AM
I'm not trying to deny that, because it's not what you said. You said, and I quote, "I would rather have a team that wins by big margins and thus has a low amount of passing yards". And I replied by stating that it's unusual for a team that wins by a big margin to have a low number of passing yards. Because most of those leads are built with passing.

There weren't a lot of blowouts on Sunday and most or all of them aside from ours were competitive until the 2nd half, but here are the examples from this week....

The Broncos won 49-27. They had 445 yards passing and 65 yards rushing.

The Dolphins won 23-10. They had 255 yards passing and 20 yards rushing.

The Lions won 34-24. They had 352 yards passing and 117 yards rushing (this in a game where they ran the ball 33 times).

We won 28-2. We had 171 yards passing and 120 yards rushing.

Eli Manning threw for 450 yards Sunday - and lost coming from behind, which supports my point that teams that are losing pass more and teams that are winning run more. Anything else you want to read into it is your problem, not mine.

splatbass
09-11-2013, 09:12 AM

Yes, but I was talking in general, not a specific team. In general teams tend to run more when they have a big lead and tend to pass more when they are behind. This is undeniable despite the fact that several of you have been arguing it.

Passing yards is a poor indication of how well the team played because it can skew the perception for this reason. The only stat that counts is W/L. That is my point.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF Colin Kaepernick's Average depth of dat _____ Wk 1 was a league-leading 13.4". Alex Smith propped up the table at 4.9

Who ever said they CK and AS were equals?

Easy 6
09-11-2013, 09:27 AM
"Low Expectations is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about"

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2013, 09:28 AM
"Mac-Tarder is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about"

And........there we go.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2013, 09:28 AM
"Low Expectations is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about"

Low Expectations should have his user name changed to Low IQ

Jakemall
09-11-2013, 10:29 AM
You're a ****ing moron.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/26b610745858c6e1c83db64db4185bbd/tumblr_mgforp038s1s21ilgo1_400.gif

Or

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbizjeAziw1ri8d55o1_500.gif

Monolith
09-11-2013, 10:42 AM

Talk about intimidation, KaperNOOB will get more than that in Seattle.
Have fun with that this week ROFL

We'll be expecting more whining from haters after KaperNOOB lose this week in Seattle ROFL

NinerDoug
09-11-2013, 10:44 AM
Good points, but I just can't seem to work up the vitriol. With Reid its because Reid is a ****ing glutton. I like the guy but damn he needs to at least gastric bypass his love of subpar QBs.

I hate his brother more, although I think its more envy of both. I think they're both overrated as they lucked into good organizations and situations, and its not rocket science to know to find a QB to get you a Super Bowl, so its not like they really deserve that much credit for doing that.

Plus, him pissing in Schwartz's cheerios was great.

I can't speak to John's situation, but I beg to differ with regard to Jim.

He took a team that Singletary, and to some extent Nolan (less and less the same team, the further back you go, of course) could not do shit with and took them to NFC Championship game his first season, and the Superbowl his second. He turned Alex Smith's career around from failure to at least "superb game manager."

What about Stanford? Did he "Luck" into that? (Pun intended)

NinerDoug
09-11-2013, 10:48 AM
His ceiling isn't Bono.

He IS Bono.

And he ain't getting any better.

It's not like Bono was completely awful. He had a 21/10 year here. That's what Alex is gonna be here.

Probably more like 25 to 28 TDs, I would guess. Decent, but Aaron Rodgers he will never be.

Frosty
09-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Jim Harbaugh is a great coach but he is a complete dickweed on the sidelines. He was that way at Stanford and has been so far at SF.

tooge
09-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Against the worst team in the NFL.. My God did anyone expect you to lose?

What? Oakland and the Titans were dreadful last year.

NinerDoug
09-11-2013, 10:56 AM

Also, the WCO of the 80s Niners wasn't designed around constantly slinging it down the field. See ringless Dan Marino for that.

jd1020
09-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Eli Manning threw for 450 yards Sunday - and lost coming from behind, which supports my point that teams that are losing pass more and teams that are winning run more. Anything else you want to read into it is your problem, not mine.

Can you name the last run first offense to win a SB and give the year?

Mav
09-11-2013, 11:33 AM

The Ravens last year? 434 rushes, 560 passes. Pretty close to being the most balanced team in the league. Them and the 49ers. Both rush first teams LAST YEAR. Obviously this year the Ravens apparently are going to be more the Joe Show.

The Ravens in 2000

The buccs in 2002, and YES, they were a run first team.

Jakemall
09-11-2013, 11:45 AM
The Ravens last year? 434 rushes, 560 passes. Pretty close to being the most balanced team in the league. Them and the 49ers. Both rush first teams LAST YEAR. Obviously this year the Ravens apparently are going to be more the Joe Show.

The Ravens in 2000

The buccs in 2002, and YES, they were a run first team.

Don't forget the Steelers the first time around. Bigben was still a rookie.

Cannibal
09-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Jim Harbaugh is a great coach but he is a complete dickweed on the sidelines. He was that way at Stanford and has been so far at SF.

He's a dickweed in general. Sick of his act.

Jakemall
09-11-2013, 11:49 AM

I don't think run first teams are really possible in today's game. However, a lot of teams have completely sold out on the pass, which is why balanced teams are starting to make a comeback. If your defense and defenders are all set up to stop the pass, a really good run game is the counter. Even if you want to focus more on the run you still need to be able to do both.

Jakemall
09-11-2013, 11:50 AM
He's a dickweed in general. Sick of his act.

Agree with the first part...I don't think it is an act...

Mav
09-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Don't forget the Steelers the first time around. Bigben was still a rookie.

Misconception.

Happens a lot actually.

his rookie season they didn't make the super bowl despite going 15-1.

They won it in 2005, and you are correct. Big Ben played like garbage in the super bowl, and the only td thrown by the steelers was by a wr.....

Mav
09-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Agree with the first part...I don't think it is an act...

Nah, hes always been a dick. All the way back to when he was drafted by the Bears out of Michigan. Its just who he is. I like the attitude personally.

Cannibal
09-11-2013, 11:55 AM
I hate the way he whined last week about his QB getting hit while operating the pistol.

Don't come in and have your QB run, or fake a pitch out of the pistol every other play and then cry when the other team says they're going to light your QB (legally).

Frosty
09-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Its just who he is. I like the attitude personally.

It's not the attitude that bugs me. It's the whining and crying on the sidelines as well as disrespecting the opposing coaches. He was really bad about the latter at Stanford.

Mav
09-11-2013, 11:56 AM
I hate the way he whined last week about his QB getting hit while operating the pistol.

Don't come in and have your QB run, or fake a pitch out of the pistol every other play and then cry when the other team says they're going to light your QB (legally).

That's whats funny. They barely ran that formation at all. He did all that bitching all week, and then they didn't even run it lol.

Jakemall
09-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Misconception.

Happens a lot actually.

his rookie season they didn't make the super bowl despite going 15-1.

They won it in 2005, and you are correct. Big Ben played like garbage in the super bowl, and the only td thrown by the steelers was by a wr.....

You're right..it was the year after.

379 passing attempts that season
549 Rushing attempts

Mav
09-11-2013, 11:57 AM
It's not the attitude that bugs me. It's the whining and crying on the sidelines as well as disrespecting the opposing coaches. He was really bad about the latter at Stanford.

Yeah. He is. The only time he wasn't at fault, was when Jim Schwartz started with him in 2011.

Schwartz is a much bigger douche than Harbs.

Mav
09-11-2013, 11:58 AM
You're right..it was the year after.

:D if more people took the time to not just insult someone and actually explain things, this place would get along a lot better.

BigBeauford
09-11-2013, 12:12 PM
It would be nice if Alex Smith gave us a reason to let this thread die. Hopefully he does this week.

Alex Smiff
09-11-2013, 12:12 PM
He's remarkably dumb and worthless. Two SF posters here that are a must to ignore are LowExpectations and Alex Smiff. The rest of us are at least reasonable and will talk football like grown-ups if civility remotely exists.

I don't know which posts or worsts. Your posts on the 9er board or the ones here. Disgraceful 9er "fan".

Alex Smiff
09-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Who ever said they CK and AS were equals?

Where have you been? Fanboys have been trying to prop up Smith over Kaep with every little cherry picked stat they could find.

Mav
09-11-2013, 12:16 PM
I don't know which posts or worsts. Your posts on the 9er board or the ones here. Disgraceful 9er "fan".

I guess I could try to understand you if I could see you as having something other than an Alex Smiff sucks and everyone must feel the way I do despite my team being better for it in the end, thing going.

I just don't understand your obsession with Alex bashing. Hes gone. The 49ers got a kings ransom for him and Kap, and Harbaugh.

The 7 years of him being in San Francisco, and the struggles were exactly what the team needed to be honest.

It resulted in a GREAT OWNER, a tremendous front office a brand new stadium a hell of a coaching staff, and the best qb since number 8.

Why would anyone hold any ill will towards Alex Smith?

In the end, the first overall pick fetched the 49ers a second and a conditional either 2nd or 3rd.

I don't get it.

Alex Smiff
09-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Passing yards is a poor indicator of how well the team does. If a team is behind the whole game they will have a LOT of passing yards even if they lose, and if a team has a big lead the whole game they will not pass much and have few passing yards.

I would rather have a team that wins by big margins and thus has a low amount of passing yards than a team with 400 yards that loses.

We seem to have a new generation raised on fantasy football that thinks stats are more important than score.

But Smith has NEVER had high passing yards in his career. Maybe...just maybe he doesn't pass for a lot of yards because that's just not what he does?

The guy could be down by 4 touchdowns and still will not push the ball downfield. It's not his game.