PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

BigCatDaddy
10-13-2013, 09:57 PM
Certainly is it possible for them to do it, but I am talking about fan expectations here. It is unrealistic to think that a SB win is the minimum acceptable outcome under these circumstances. Getting to the playoffs is an acceptable outcome for a team that was the worst team in NFL history last year.

It was the worst coached team in history last year. It always had talent... hell we had 6 probowlers last year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-13-2013, 10:02 PM
Before the year making the playoffs were huge.

Now, expectations are much higher

As well they should be. This defense can hurt/contain ANYONE. It's up to the offense to step it up.

Mav
10-13-2013, 10:05 PM
It was the worst coached team in history last year. It always had talent... hell we had 6 probowlers last year.

Amazing what a little coaching can do for talent huh?

Mav
10-13-2013, 10:06 PM
As well they should be. This defense can hurt/contain ANYONE. It's up to the offense to step it up.

Just relentless. You ever seen a video of those killer bees?

Like the African ones?

That's what this chiefs defense looks like.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Just relentless. You ever seen a video of those killer bees?

Like the African ones?

That's what this chiefs defense looks like.

Sweet Christ I can't WAIT to meet Manning.

Brock
10-13-2013, 10:08 PM
Certainly is it possible for them to do it, but I am talking about fan expectations here. It is unrealistic to think that a SB win is the minimum acceptable outcome under these circumstances. Getting to the playoffs is an acceptable outcome for a team that was the worst team in NFL history last year.

At this point, I'd consider not making a serious playoff run a major disappointment. This kind of magic won't last.

Mav
10-13-2013, 10:10 PM
Sweet Christ I can't WAIT to meet Manning.

Hes not looking forward to it. At all.

The jags had him rattled....Imagine what Sutton is going to have in store for the forehead.

Alright peeps. Im out...see you guys tomorrow.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-13-2013, 10:12 PM
Hes not looking forward to it. At all.

The jags had him rattled....Imagine what Sutton is going to have in store for the forehead.

Alright peeps. Im out...see you guys tomorrow.

I honestly think we will send him to the bench.

Latah.

Fairplay
10-13-2013, 10:16 PM
I think this is the first time I've had an opinion on what I thought of Alex Smith, I wanted to believe, give him a few games in to get use to the system to give him a fair opportunity.

I would give Alex a 4/10 on being a QB so far }he need bigger balls to throw those balls to his receivers Alex you are disappointing we expect more from you to mkae plays. Let it go man-use the force-believe in your self Alex.

Just be your-yourself Alex and score please do this Alex.

If you would like stud to service you in the mentime i would recommended
ball in youface dervice wake to your frinds calling you ou on what kind of loser?homo?mo

jd1020
10-13-2013, 10:18 PM

He is.

TEX
10-13-2013, 10:36 PM
I'm an Alex Smith to KC fan, but when he stinks it up, I'll be the first to admit it. Today was his worst day IMO as a Chief. Really no excuse for missing a WFO Avery down the sideline early in the 3rd quarter. What got me shaking my head the most however was late in the game when the Chiefs needed to chew up the clock and he literally wasted a set of downs by overthrowing Charles on a screen for a 3 & out. He was consistently high with his check down passes all day. If you're going to check down, you had better make the throw on target and complete the pass...:banghead:

Cephalic Trauma
10-13-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm happy to be 6-0. I will reserve judgement until we lose in the playoffs due to inadequate QB play.

If it never happens, then great!

Hammock Parties
10-13-2013, 11:07 PM
Before the year making the playoffs were huge.

Now, expectations are much higher

I'm happy we're going to the playoffs.

I'm not happy our veteran QB is never going to get us beyond that point. And I see no reason he's ever going to improve.

notorious
10-13-2013, 11:12 PM
Prove us wrong, Alex.

Please.

Hammock Parties
10-13-2013, 11:14 PM
It's just so frustrating to watch a seemingly awesome team and know the QB is holding it back yet again.

There's a sense of foreboding hanging over this season that really makes enjoying it hard.

http://www.tucsonweekly.com/images/blogimages/2012/02/02/1328206526-tumblr_lyrou2rxua1qzk73xo1_500.gif

Saccopoo
10-13-2013, 11:24 PM
I think this is the first time I've had an opinion on what I thought of Alex Smith, I wanted to believe, give him a few games in to get use to the system to give him a fair opportunity.

I would give Alex a 4/10 on being a QB so far }he need bigger balls to throw those balls to his receivers Alex you are disappointing we expect more from you to mkae plays. Let it go man-use the force-believe in your self Alex.

If you would like stud to service you in the mentime i would recommended
ball in youface dervice wake to your frinds calling you ou on what kind of loser?homo?mo

Had a little too much fun watching the game today?

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7645890304/h5777C173/

Saccopoo
10-13-2013, 11:26 PM
It's just so frustrating to watch a seemingly awesome team and know the QB is holding it back yet again.

6-0.

Holding what back, exactly?

Hammock Parties
10-13-2013, 11:27 PM
6-0.

Holding what back, exactly?

I will weep for you, brother.

Saccopoo
10-13-2013, 11:32 PM
I'm happy we're going to the playoffs.

I'm not happy our veteran QB is never going to get us beyond that point. And I see no reason he's ever going to improve.

This is kind of like when I told you before the season started that this would be a Top 5 defense.

You have zero faith or vision.

Smith and Reid will get us to the playoffs and we will win.

However, you had better hope that more than just Smith improves on the offensive side of the ball before that happens. O-line better come together (biggest reason why the offense is struggling right now).

Receivers better start catching easily caught balls. It's pathetic how many they've dropped as a unit so far this season. And someone really needs to start stepping up in terms of getting open. They've got their asses kicked the past three games. And that's not on Smith.

Tight ends, specifically Fasano, better get healthy. It's a huge position for Smith and Reids offense and we're using two scrubs off the street right now.

You and others are being incredibly short sighted in terms of attempting to lay the blame of the lack of offense on Smith's feet alone.

Dave Lane
10-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Prove us wrong, Alex.

Please.

I beg of you.

Saccopoo
10-13-2013, 11:36 PM
I will weep for you, brother.

I weep for you.

6-0 and you are acting like this team is going straight into the dumpster.

We just beat the Raiders for the first time in six years in Arrowhead and it's like the stadiums on fire around here.

It's all or nothing with some of you, and that's embarrassing. "We could win the Super Bowl if we had Johnny Unitas on the team right now, but we don't, so OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Boo fucking hoo.

Hammock Parties
10-13-2013, 11:37 PM
You and others are being incredibly short sighted in terms of attempting to lay the blame of the lack of offense on Smith's feet alone.

There are other problems, sure.

Smith's complete inability, and I do mean complete, to go down the field only compounds them.

You cannot win this way in the NFL any more. Not long term. This won't last, and it's probably only going to get worse, because defensive coordinators have absolutely figured this turd out.

The jig is up.

But let's enjoy the 1995 Chiefs Redux for what it is, I guess. Having the loudest stadium in the NFL is a nice consolation prize.

Hammock Parties
10-13-2013, 11:39 PM
We just beat the Raiders for the first time in six years in Arrowhead

The Raiders are crap. I expected to beat them. I was horrified it took such a herculean effort from the defense. I literally felt like I was watching Matt Cassel, minus the turnovers (2010!).

The game was in doubt WELL into the fourth quarter against a crappy QB once again.

Saccopoo
10-13-2013, 11:39 PM

Smith's complete inability, and I do mean complete, to go down the field only compounds them.

You cannot win this way in the NFL any more. Not long term. This won't last, and it's probably only going to get worse, because defensive coordinators have absolutely figured this turd out.

The jig is up.

But let's enjoy the 1995 Chiefs Redux for what it is, I guess. Having the loudest stadium in the NFL is a nice consolation prize.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv1wu05RJp1qb9pa3o1_500.gif

Hammock Parties
10-13-2013, 11:42 PM
Sorry, bub. Love the enthusiasm for Bono II: The Chokening, but I cannot get involved.

What I saw today scared me. It's worse than I could have ever imagined.

Saccopoo
10-13-2013, 11:45 PM
The Raiders are crap. I expected to beat them. I was horrified it took such a herculean effort from the defense. I literally felt like I was watching Matt Cassel, minus the turnovers (2010!).

The game was in doubt WELL into the fourth quarter against a crappy QB once again.

The Raiders have been crap for the past six years and they've still kicked our ass in our house each of those years. You didn't expect jack shit. You expected this team to suck this year and you said as much to start the season. We signed a bunch of schmucks - both coaches and players and we were doomed from the start from your perspective.

Now you are crying that we won't win the Super Bowl this season because you don't think Smith is doing enough even though we sit at 6-0 currently?

Okay...

Hammock Parties
10-13-2013, 11:48 PM
You expected this team to suck this year

I expected us to go 7-9, losing close games because Alex wasn't good enough. That's not the same as "suck."

We are winning these games because the defense is absolutely lethal instead of just decent.

Alex will be this team's downfall, period. He's not productive, and he's not even efficient anymore. The turnovers are going to come when the defense falters.

I take no joy in this.

MeatRock
10-13-2013, 11:53 PM
I expected us to go 7-9, losing close games because Alex wasn't good enough. That's not the same as "suck."

We are winning these games because the defense is absolutely lethal instead of just decent.

Alex will be this team's downfall, period. He's not productive, and he's not even efficient anymore. The turnovers are going to come when the defense falters.

I take no joy in this.

Sean Smith is really sucking though eh? Just a terrible terrible corner, right?

Hammock Parties
10-13-2013, 11:54 PM
Sean Smith is really sucking though eh? Just a terrible terrible corner, right?

When you face bad QBs your corners aren't really tested.

Alex Smith and Sean Smith WILL get us beat against good teams with good QBs.

I am sure of it.

MeatRock
10-13-2013, 11:58 PM
When you face bad QBs your corners aren't really tested.

Alex Smith and Sean Smith WILL get us beat against good teams with good QBs.

I am sure of it.

Then Cooper's greatness doesn't mean jack shit, since you know, he hasn't faced a good QB yet.

MeatRock
10-13-2013, 11:59 PM
BTW isn't Romo a good QB? How about Vick or Manning? Are they good QB's?

Hammock Parties
10-14-2013, 12:03 AM
BTW isn't Romo a good QB? How about Vick or Manning? Are they good QB's?

This is a Super Bowl team with any of those guys. Especially Romo, who would be perfect for this team.

D-Bowe is Dez Bryant with Romo.

Alex is lucky to get the ball to Bowe once a quarter. lol

MeatRock
10-14-2013, 12:05 AM
This is a Super Bowl team with any of those guys. Especially Romo, who would be perfect for this team.

D-Bowe is Dez Bryant with Romo.

Alex is lucky to get the ball to Bowe once a quarter. lol

I agree, but i am talking about Sean Smith dammit. lol

tk13
10-14-2013, 12:06 AM
Sean Smith is doing fine. Partly because our pass rush is amazing. Which is why you don't spend $50 million on a CB. They are the least important part of the defense if you're doing it right.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2013, 12:06 AM
I agree, but i am talking about Sean Smith dammit. lol

I saw enough suck from Sean Smith against Dallas that I know he's going to get raped by Manning.

tk13
10-14-2013, 12:08 AM
Sometimes you are worse than KnowMo. Just constant trolling and how the bottom is going to fall out every single week.

tonyetony
10-14-2013, 12:08 AM

The jig is up.

wwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! You were so much happier last year when we were going 2-14 and somebody actually thought you new something about football because you predicted Casshole would be a failure. Those were the good ol days for you clay!

Hammock Parties
10-14-2013, 12:10 AM
Sometimes you are worse than KnowMo. Just constant trolling and how the bottom is going to fall out every single week.

I thought we'd win both of the last two games.

MeatRock
10-14-2013, 12:11 AM
I saw enough suck from Sean Smith against Dallas that I know he's going to get raped by Manning.

Sean Smith has been our most consistent corner all year. Yea no, he has been great so far. Flowers got abused against Dallas.

tk13
10-14-2013, 12:13 AM

Yeah, while talking about how overrated this team is and how the bubble is going to burst and how guys like Romo or Rivers will destroy the Chiefs. It's just a constant stream of negativity and trolling. We were a 2-14 team last year. To even be at 6-0 is unprecedented. You are just miserable.

saphojunkie
10-14-2013, 12:25 AM

Raiders by a fg

God, you're full of fucking shit.

AlexSmithDynasty
10-14-2013, 12:39 AM
Yeah, while talking about how overrated this team is and how the bubble is going to burst and how guys like Romo or Rivers will destroy the Chiefs. It's just a constant stream of negativity and trolling. We were a 2-14 team last year. To even be at 6-0 is unprecedented. You are just miserable.

Exactly this. I know this message board is not like most message board as it's filled with a bunch of crazy people but the team is 6-0 after picking first in the draft last year, and is one of only 2 teams in the NFL to be undefeated and still people only want to focus on what could go wrong or what will go wrong or what QB they could have got. Why not just enjoy the ride that is what sports is about after all, it's entertainment not something to constantly make yourself miserable over.

AlexSmithDynasty
10-14-2013, 12:46 AM

And they're 6-0 so obviously your stupid ass isn't very good at predicting shit.

Kaepernick
10-14-2013, 12:46 AM
I know this message board is not like most message board as it's filled with a bunch of crazy people...

The money shot! :doh!: LMAO

AlexSmithDynasty
10-14-2013, 12:59 AM
The money shot! :doh!: LMAO

Send some more love letters like this one to Kaep bitch.

Originally Posted by Harbernick View Post
Kap, we love ya.

We know your God-given physical gifts. We know your sharp and active mind. We know your sterling character. We know your devotion to your craft and your indefatigable work ethic. We know your drive to excel and know your achievements came against the odds. We know you glorify God with them.

We know how great you shall become. We know you are a champion and that you will lead your teammates to championships. There is nothing your detractors can say that will stop you from reaching the bright star of your destiny. The greater the struggle, the greater the triumph.

I am thrilled you are the QB of my favorite football team. I don't deserve the honor but I am forever grateful.

Humbly yours,

Jim F.

redshirt32
10-14-2013, 01:20 AM
So we will continue to see the media and player only fans making predictions, and yes they are right 31 teams QB's suck each year because they did not win the big game this year !!!!!!!
Just pick a team you will be right 31 times a year, everyone can play this game.

Portlantis
10-14-2013, 02:30 AM
Yeah, I just looked at the list... No I can't. I can't come up with 16 QB's that I would take Alex over. I can come up with 11, and two of them play for Jacksonville.

Yikes.

Right now, of all QBs who started on week 6, I would take him over Thad Lewis, Brandon Weeden, Matt Schaub, Chad Henne, Matt Cassel, Geno Smith, Sam Bradford, Mike Glennon and Ryan Fitzpatrick. That's only 9. Yeesh.

Mav
10-14-2013, 02:32 AM
Right now, of all QBs who started on week 6, I would take him over Thad Lewis, Brandon Weeden, Matt Schaub, Chad Henne, Matt Cassel, Geno Smith, Sam Bradford, Mike Glennon and Ryan Fitzpatrick. That's only 9. Yeesh.

Oh god. Do you know what you have done?

Portlantis
10-14-2013, 02:43 AM
Oh god. Do you know what you have done?

:evil:

Hammock Parties
10-14-2013, 02:50 AM
Yeah, while talking about how overrated this team is and how the bubble is going to burst and how guys like Romo or Rivers will destroy the Chiefs.

Where?

I never said any of that.

The bubble will definitely burst in the playoffs though. I won't be surprised if the Broncos sweep us, either, and some homer says "who cares, we're 10-2!"

AlexSmithDynasty
10-14-2013, 02:56 AM
Where?

The bubble will definitely burst in the playoffs though. I won't be surprised if the Broncos sweep us, either, and some homer says "who cares, we're 10-2!"

So you expect to go 19-0 and anything less is a failure despite the fact this team went 2-14 last year, by record the worst team in football.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2013, 03:06 AM
So you expect to go 19-0 and anything less is a failure despite the fact this team went 2-14 last year, by record the worst team in football.

I would like some hope for the postseason, that's all.

King_Chief_Fan
10-14-2013, 06:37 AM
Where?

you couldn't be any more of an idiot even if your brain was removed

Carlota69
10-14-2013, 07:15 AM
I would like some hope for the postseason, that's all.

With our stellar D, there is postseason hope.

mcaj22
10-14-2013, 07:16 AM

recent trends show if a QB gets hot around playoff time and can go on a run and carry his team, thats the biggest playoff hope you can ask for

can Alex do that? I think he did in 2011 on the 49ers only to end on a muff punt. Could very well happen to us, some turd like McCluster muffs a crucial punt in the playoffs and thats the season

BigCatDaddy
10-14-2013, 07:20 AM

Yep, it's a HIGHLY under rated IMO and it just doesn't stop at the top. It's all the assistants on the staff as well. The best Chief teams had a crazy amount of coaching talent under Marty. In pretty much all sports these days I think you can get the most bang for your buck in getting good coaches, but they are most important in football.

RealSNR
10-14-2013, 07:23 AM
you couldn't be any more of an idiot even if your brain was removed

Spock had his brain removed and he was still a genius

Carlota69
10-14-2013, 07:24 AM
recent trends show if a QB gets hot around playoff time and can go on a run and carry his team, thats the biggest playoff hope you can ask for

can Alex do that? I think he did in 2011 on the 49ers only to end on a muff punt. Could very well happen to us, some turd like McCluster muffs a crucial punt in the playoffs and thats the season

I think he can get hot, especially when we get a TE involved in the game.

gosampel
10-14-2013, 07:27 AM
I think if you give him some better weapons he wouldn't sux, but if we have corners that can score at least once a game he could sux all he wants and throw in a couple of safeties

whoman69
10-14-2013, 07:28 AM
He was horrible on timing plays. Needs to be much, much better. That's where the meat of our yardage should come from. Its what is going to move the chains. Can't depend on screens and scrambles the whole game.

BigCatDaddy
10-14-2013, 07:28 AM
I think he can get hot, especially when we get a TE involved in the game.

That would help, but let's not pretend like we are waiting for Gronk to come back either.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
10-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Yep, 6-0. On his worst day as a Chief he is still light years better than anything we have had since Trent Green.

Schaub is 11-1, dammit! /2012 Texans version of pete

Mav
10-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Where?

You clearly didn't watch the Jags Broncos game.

RunKC
10-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Let's take a look at this..
First play of the game, the DL owns Eric Fisher and QB has no chance.
Next series, QB a
Can't even complete his drop back bc Charles forgot to block the blitzing LB. Sack and punt.

Literally every first down was horrible when we ran until the end of the game. It was awful. That out us in 3rd down and long several times.
Alex needs to improve, but I think the OL is the bigger problem here.

Hell Alex got out of a sack in the 2nd half and ran for a first down when the OL crumbled

Mav
10-14-2013, 10:33 AM

The offense cant get any worse than it is right now. I would expect maybe a trade to help at receiver. I don't think they can possibly think that long term McCluster is an nfl caliber slot receiver.

O.city
Hemingway to the slot.

Fixed.

RunKC
Next series, QB a
Can't even complete his drop back bc Charles forgot to block the blitzing LB. Sack and punt.

Literally every first down was horrible when we ran until the end of the game. It was awful. That put us in 3rd down and long several times.

Hell Alex got out of a sack in the 2nd half and ran for a first down when the OL crumbled

Mav
10-14-2013, 10:35 AM
That would help, but let's not pretend like we are waiting for Gronk to come back either.

You hit the nail on the head. The offensive talent, including qb, needs to be badly upgraded.

BADLY.

I don't think Chiefs fans can objectively look and see that as far as skill positions go, the Chiefs are near the bottom of the NFL.

And I mean that seriously.

Mav
10-14-2013, 10:36 AM
Hemingway to the slot.

Fixed.

Yeah. I wish it were at simple. Apparently, there is something that Andy Reid or Doug, don't like.

I am not sure what that is. Maybe he is stupid? Cause every time I see him play, he seems to get open.

O.city
10-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Next series, QB a

Literally every first down was horrible when we ran until the end of the game. It was awful. That put us in 3rd down and long several times.

We seemed to be getting about 3-4 YPC on first down after the first quarter.

The OL didn't play well in the first half, but it seemed they did in the second but Smith was a little gunshy. When they gave him time, he's got to make teams pay ie the pass to Avery etc.

RunKC
10-14-2013, 10:39 AM
I am really hoping that Andy picks up the phone and calls Jeremy Maclin this spring. They said Maclin loves Reid when we went to Philly.

Imagine Bowe and Maclin on the outside w Avery in the slot.

RunKC
10-14-2013, 10:41 AM
We seemed to be getting about 3-4 YPC on first down after the first quarter.

The OL didn't play well in the first half, but it seemed they did in the second but Smith was a little gunshy. When they gave him time, he's got to make teams pay ie the pass to Avery etc.

I agree, but he was pretty damn clutch at times.

That pass to Bowe when he was running for his life was money. The OL broke down and Alex made a great pass.

Mav
10-14-2013, 11:07 AM
I am really hoping that Andy picks up the phone and calls Jeremy Maclin this spring. They said Maclin loves Reid when we went to Philly.

Imagine Bowe and Maclin on the outside w Avery in the slot.

not to mention the massive boner that would be in arrowhead from the mizzou tiger coming home.

Jakemall
10-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Nicks is available for a 3rd....

Bowe and Nicks and Avery at Slot? Not a horrible combo.

Mav
10-14-2013, 11:13 AM

the chiefs cant trade their 2nd or 3rd rounder until their trade is settled with the 49ers.

how you been boss?

BigCatDaddy
10-14-2013, 11:15 AM

Bowe and Nicks and Avery at Slot? Not a horrible combo.

Salary cap?

Jakemall
10-14-2013, 11:16 AM
the chiefs cant trade their 2nd or 3rd rounder until their trade is settled with the 49ers.

how you been boss?

Pretty safe to say that the 9ers will get the #2 at this point. I'm sure you could build some language into the trade saying that it'll be the #3 and if it isn't that there'll be an additional pick the following season to make up for it.

The good part of it would be that even if Nicks left KC afterwards, they'd probably get a pretty solid comp pick anyway. So no real loss.

Doing fine, you?

Jakemall
10-14-2013, 11:17 AM
Salary cap?

I'd have to look...but I'm pretty sure he'd fit this year.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24077085/team-preparing-bids-for-giants-wide-receiver-hakeen-nicks

http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-cap-space-1/

$1.4 this season. and KC has 2.5 million in space.

Mav
10-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Doing fine, you?

Zero complaints. Got a new job that I start next week, family is healthy, weather is good at this time of year, going to the browns packers game this week end. First packers game with the wife. We have been to bucks, and brewers games.

Oh, and got my Navarro Bowman authentic jersey on Saturday.

Saccopoo
10-14-2013, 11:27 AM
You hit the nail on the head. The offensive talent, including qb, needs to be badly upgraded.

BADLY.

I don't think Chiefs fans can objectively look and see that as far as skill positions go, the Chiefs are near the bottom of the NFL.

And I mean that seriously.

Hyperbole much?

Nice to see that you've quickly been assimilated by the Chiefs Planet Borg Queen of Despair - C.E.

The offensive line, which many thought would be the strong suit of the team, has actually been the weakest unit. Virtually, three new starters versus a year ago in a brand new system. It takes time to build cohesiveness on the line, particularly in front of a new QB in a new system that is built around short, passes, quick hitting runs, the read option for the QB and elements of the spread and pistol built in.

Go look at the more successful teams in the league. There is usually a common theme - that the offensive line has played together for a number of seasons with the same offensive coordinator and quarterback.

Anybody that thought that this team would be firing on all cylinders this season was a fool. However, with the defense playing so well, everyone now thinks that this is a Super Bowl team with the exception of the offense. The cries of "we need a new offensive line, a new wr corps, a new QB, new game plan, etc., etc., etc. so we don't waste the defense" are ignorant and shortsighted.

Alex Smith is a very good to excellent QB for what Reid wants to run/implement in his offense. There is talent on the offensive line, but it needs reps together to build the continuity that will allow it to perform at a higher level than what we are currently seeing. Et al., etc.

This Chicken Little attitude after six games, with all six games being victories, is stupid beyond stupid.

If you depressing, defeatist, sour little pricks think you need to bitch and moan and whine and otherwise piss your tiny, pink panties about why a 6-0 team is so bad, I heartily recommend that you go over to a Giants, Texans, Steeler or Buccaneers board so your bitching is at least legitimate.

Jakemall
10-14-2013, 11:27 AM

Saccopoo
10-14-2013, 11:30 AM
Congrats...and good luck vs the packers.

Thought you were done with the 9ers? Got the fustration out of your system?

If you two want to give each other reach arounds, take it to private messages. Don't litter the thread with your personal bullshit.

Jakemall
10-14-2013, 11:31 AM
Hyperbole much?

Nice to see that you've quickly been assimilated by the Chiefs Planet Borg Queen of Despair - C.E.

The offensive line, which many thought would be the strong suit of the team, has actually been the weakest unit. Virtually, three new starters versus a year ago in a brand new system. It takes time to build cohesiveness on the line, particularly in front of a new QB in a new system that is built around short, passes, quick hitting runs, the read option for the QB and elements of the spread and pistol built in.

Go look at the more successful teams in the league. There is usually a common theme - that the offensive line has played together for a number of seasons with the same offensive coordinator and quarterback.

Anybody that thought that this team would be firing on all cylinders this season was a fool. However, with the defense playing so well, everyone now thinks that this is a Super Bowl team with the exception of the offense. The cries of "we need a new offensive line, a new wr corps, a new QB, new game plan, etc., etc., etc. so we don't waste the defense" are ignorant and shortsighted.

Alex Smith is a very good to excellent QB for what Reid wants to run/implement in his offense. There is talent on the offensive line, but it needs reps together to build the continuity that will allow it to perform at a higher level than what we are currently seeing. Et al., etc.

This Chicken Little attitude after six games, with all six games being victories, is stupid beyond stupid.

If you depressing, defeatist, sour little pricks think you need to bitch and moan and whine and otherwise piss your tiny, pink panties about why a 6-0 team is so bad, I heartily recommend that you go over to a Giants, Texans, Steeler or Buccaneers board so your bitching is at least legitimate.

Yeah the OL has been blocking like a sieve. The good news is that Alex is used to that. He looked like shit this weekend, but he didn't give up the ball. With this defense, that is enough for most games.

Mav
10-14-2013, 11:32 AM
Congrats...and good luck vs the packers.

Thought you were done with the 9ers? Got the fustration out of your system?

Ive been a Bowman guy since he was drafted. I am one of the minority that thinks that he has already surpassed Patrick Willis as the best MLB in football.

And, I have nfl sunday ticket. I gave my buddy who lives in Washington state my password for the ticket you can watch on your tablet. His payment was my jersey.

I am less irritated with the 49ers now that they are having to play small ball again to win, and the defense is now again dominant.

I never "stopped" being a 49er fan, and more played to the 49er babies who were lecturing me on what being a fan was about.

I really have grown fond of the Chiefs though, I must admit.

Mav
10-14-2013, 11:40 AM
If you two want to give each other reach arounds, take it to private messages. Don't litter the thread with your personal bullshit.

So I don't have to copy your book, Ill respond here.

I think you have me completely wrong.

I also think you need to broaden your scope a little bit.

Every year, teams need to keep improving. While I think that the Chiefs main focus this offseason was to improve the defense. Drafting Nico Johnson, bringing in Marcus Cooper, Sean Smith, Dunta Robinson, Demps, mike DeVito, that type of overhaul is also going to be needed for the offense.

There is no back up running back. As you see, knile davis, fumbled AGAIN yesterday. They have no one after Charles.

They are running out a mix of Chad hall, mccluster, aj Jenkins, and seldom using Hemmingway.

The tight ends weren't starting NFL caliber to begin with when everyone was healthy with Moeaki, Fasano, and Kelce, now you are down to Brock, and McGrath, and I like McGrath. as a second tight end. They need a bona fide number one tight end. One, because most elite to good teams in the league, have that. Saints, Pats when gronk is healthy, Jordan Cameron is approaching that level, Julius Thomas, Jordan Reed is evolving for the Redskins, Fauria and Pettigrew for Detroit, Finley, quarless, ryan taylor for the packers.

A receiving tight end, now days is opening up your offense. Do I NEED to mention Vernon Davis?

Of course the oline needs time to gel, they also need to get healthy.

Im not sure why my mentioning the obvious, that there is areas to improve going forward is considered to be a whiny baby, and to be unhappy with 6-0.

Sorry. I was and am that guy who thought that this was not only a playoff team, but a team that was capable of much much more.

Sorry, but back in March, I was one saying that the Chiefs were a playoff team.

Not gonna change now. And im not saying anything that the Chiefs players, or coaches, or front office guys don't already know.

Sandy Vagina
10-14-2013, 11:42 AM
I think you have me completely wrong.

I think your sig says it all about who you are... and I'll just leave it at that.

Darckhorse0
10-14-2013, 11:53 AM
people here in DC think that I'm crazy and non credit giving when I tell them that Alex Smith is not good at converting third downs his throwing is off and he's only a C to C- quarterback. the truth is the truth, we look like the same ole Chiefs when we were down in the dumps on offense! I'm just being honest and calling it like it is. when we play Denver and we get to the playoffs then we have to perform on offense if not it'll be 3 And out 3 and out and out of the playoffs in the first round whether home field advantage or on the road as a wild card.........

9er guy
10-14-2013, 11:57 AM
I think he's having a typical Smitty year. The D keeps playing like this he's not gonna have to do much, I'll tell you that.

jerryforeverrice80
10-14-2013, 11:57 AM
I think your sig says it all about who you are... and I'll just leave it at that.

is this the guy that was hanging all over his sack in the redzone and was banned for it at that.

Mav
10-14-2013, 11:58 AM

Yeah. its cool. Honesty, and perspective isn't for everyone. Sorry I cant even bring myself to sugar coat the fact that Alex Smith played like absolute dog shit yesterday, and last week.

I still love Alex Smith, I believe he can get better, but to say anything but the truth, that Alex Smith couldn't hit Aj Jenkins on a quick screen, couldn't hit Jamaal Charles in stride on two check downs, not to mention the Avery deep ball, and saying the truth that watching the Chiefs on offense was very painful makes me a bad person.

Shrugs. I have also spoke the truth, both good and bad.

Mav
10-14-2013, 12:00 PM
is this the guy that was hanging all over his sack in the redzone and was banned for it at that.

I will always be an alex smith guy. And no, I wasn't banned for that. I was banned because I tore into the chosen chump in Kaep, and Jim harbs.

Who cares why I was banned. Best thing to ever happen. Hope all of those douche bags are enjoying seeing alex smith being gone, yet the offense still looking like it did under Alex Smith.

duncan_idaho
10-14-2013, 12:01 PM

You consider what Alex Smith did in the playoffs in 2011 to be a "hot" run?

Takes more than one game (that really wasn't all that spectacular an effort against the D he faced) to qualify for a hot streak, doesn't it?

NinerDoug
10-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Yeah. its cool. Honesty, and perspective isn't for everyone. Sorry I cant even bring myself to sugar coat the fact that Alex Smith played like absolute dog shit yesterday, and last week.

I still love Alex Smith, I believe he can get better, but to say anything but the truth, that Alex Smith couldn't hit Aj Jenkins on a quick screen, couldn't hit Jamaal Charles in stride on two check downs, not to mention the Avery deep ball, and saying the truth that watching the Chiefs on offense was very painful makes me a bad person.

Shrugs. I have also spoke the truth, both good and bad.

He certainly looked bad yesterday. Was not the first time, and wont be the last. Of course, that is true of most quarterbacks.

9er guy
10-14-2013, 12:02 PM
Do I NEED to mention Vernon Davis?

Church. Preach. Tabernacle.

KCrockaholic
10-14-2013, 12:02 PM
I think he's having a typical Smitty year. The D keeps playing like this he's not gonna have to do much, I'll tell you that.

Yeah that's the kind of QB we want. A guy who doesn't have to do much.

Mav
10-14-2013, 12:03 PM
He certainly looked bad yesterday. Was not the first time, and wont be the last. Of course, that is true of most quarterbacks.

Shrugs. And people get wrapped up in that like me stating the obvious about one game like he cant change, or get better. I am reactionary just like the rest of the world, and im not afraid to admit when someone plays BADLY.

I guess im making alexcuses, in reverse now.

9er guy
10-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Hope all of those douche bags are enjoying seeing alex smith being gone, yet the offense still looking like it did under Alex Smith.

For now....

Mav
10-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Church. Preach. Tabernacle.

he is such a stud. Unfortunately, THE PERSON I WAS PLAYING IN MY MONEY LEAGUE HAD HIM YESTERDAY.

Ouch.

9er guy
10-14-2013, 12:05 PM
he is such a stud. Unfortunately, THE PERSON I WAS PLAYING IN MY MONEY LEAGUE HAD HIM YESTERDAY.

Ouch.

You gotta admit though. That one deep pass down the sideline was an absolute DIME.

Mav
10-14-2013, 12:05 PM
For now....

agreed. If Vernon is going to start being like this regularly, well, he was open like this in the RAMS game too, so if Kaep is going to find him like that, gonna open up the entire offense.

Good to see that Kaep is realizing that Vernon is ALWAYS OPEN if they aren't double covering him.

Mav
10-14-2013, 12:06 PM
You gotta admit though. That one deep pass down the sideline was an absolute DIME.

which one? both the left to the sideline, and the right one for the td, those were evil passes. I mean absolute dimes.

NinerDoug
10-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Shrugs. And people get wrapped up in that like me stating the obvious about one game like he cant change, or get better. I am reactionary just like the rest of the world, and im not afraid to admit when someone plays BADLY.

I guess im making alexcuses, in reverse now.

I can't imagine anyone saying anything different. He looked terrible. Even Alex said as much.

I would expect his overall performance this season to look much, much better.

9er guy
10-14-2013, 12:08 PM
agreed. If Vernon is going to start being like this regularly, well, he was open like this in the RAMS game too, so if Kaep is going to find him like that, gonna open up the entire offense.

Good to see that Kaep is realizing that Vernon is ALWAYS OPEN if they aren't double covering him.

I think the Crabtree injury was a blessing in disguise.

It really forced Kap to start utilizing Vernon. Really has kind of accelerated their on-field rapport.

l4z4rd
10-14-2013, 12:09 PM
You consider what Alex Smith did in the playoffs in 2011 to be a "hot" run?

Takes more than one game (that really wasn't all that spectacular an effort against the D he faced) to qualify for a hot streak, doesn't it?

5 passing TDs, 1 rushing TD, 0 TO, in his 2 playoff games. His specials teams let him down... twice.

9er guy
10-14-2013, 12:11 PM
which one? both the left to the sideline, and the right one for the td, those were evil passes. I mean absolute dimes.

2nd Quarter. The one where Vernon lined up at WR. I'm not sure if it was a 9 or a double move. The DB did a good job of staying with it. Kap just dropped it in the bucket.

duncan_idaho
10-14-2013, 12:13 PM
5 passing TDs, 1 rushing TD, 0 TO, in his 2 playoff games. His specials teams let him down... twice.

He had a decent game against the Saints. Pretty average for what opposing QBs did to that team in 2011, actually. Their passing D was not that good.

He was bad against the Giants. There is no way around it.

One game does not a hot streak make.

BigCatDaddy
10-14-2013, 12:16 PM

How is that sig looking broski? He's only off pace to be in the top 10 by about 60 yards/game

He needs to throw for about 325 a game for the rest of the season to have a shot LMAO

duncan_idaho
10-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Hyperbole much?
Alex Smith is a very good to excellent QB for what Reid wants to run/implement in his offense.
That's a debatable point, as he has never performed well in that type of offense in the past and is not performing well in that type of offense this year. Especially of late.

If Andy Reid wants to throw the ball vertically as much as he has in the past, Alex Smith is NOT an excellent QB for what he wants to do.

It's not Chicken Little if the sky is really falling. Objectively observing reasons for concern/future lack of success is not being Chicken Little. Especially when the Chiefs fan base has seen this EXACT formula before.

You know, it's funny. You keep mentioning everyone else having their panties in a bunch... perhaps you should look in a mirror, sir.

NinerDoug
10-14-2013, 12:23 PM
How is that sig looking broski? He's only off pace to be in the top 10 by about 60 yards/game

He needs to throw for about 325 a game for the rest of the season to have a shot LMAO

Not good, lol.

(Although I would expect this season to be a personal best, yardage-wise.)

Saccopoo
10-14-2013, 12:46 PM
That's a debatable point, as he has never performed well in that type of offense in the past and is not performing well in that type of offense this year. Especially of late.

Could you please tell me exactly when he has played in such offenses?

If Andy Reid wants to throw the ball vertically as much as he has in the past, Alex Smith is NOT an excellent QB for what he wants to do.

It's not Chicken Little if the sky is really falling. Objectively observing reasons for concern/future lack of success is not being Chicken Little. Especially when the Chiefs fan base has seen this EXACT formula before.

Objectively observing? What are you observing objectively? Objectively, we are 6-0. End. Of. Story.

And when has the Chiefs fan base seen this "EXACT" formula before? 1993? Twenty years ago? Really? And if you think that the offense you are currently seeing is "EXACTLY" like Marty's RRP, I think you need to re-evaluate your conceptualizations of the term "EXACTLY."

I think that most people will take 13-3 and a chance at the playoffs every single season.

You know, it's funny. You keep mentioning everyone else having their panties in a bunch... perhaps you should look in a mirror, sir.

I'm perfectly fine with a 6-0 record. Pretty giddy with it all things considered. And by all things considered, I mean:

1. Completely new, top to bottom coaching staff at every level.

2. Brand new schemes on both sides of the ball.

3. New QB operating under his seventh offensive coordinator and fifth head coach in eight seasons, as well as two new backups at QB.

4. New GM/management.

5. Three "new" starters on the offensive line, including a rookie from Central Michigan on one of the edges.

6. A completely new TE corps.

7. A completely new fullback.

8. New wide receivers other than Bowe and McCluster.

9. Coming off the worst season in franchise history.

10. Coming off the worst six year run in franchise history.

And yet, we are still 6-0.

6-0.

Let that sink in for a minute.

6-0.

We've beat the Cowboys. The Giants. The Raiders for the first time in six years.

We're 6-0.

I'm completely fucking fantastic with the team.

It's the little pissy bitches who keep whining and filling their little doll eyes with tears about how bad "it's going to be" or "we've seen this before" or "we might not win the Super Bowl if our offense doesn't get better" bullshit.

Because, that's what it is - bullshit. Negativist bullshit to be exact.

This team hasn't sniffed a single, solitary playoff win in 20 freaking years and now you are all worried that we won't win the Super Bowl this season because our brand new QB had a bad game THAT WE WON?

Chicken little. Wearing diapers.

duncan_idaho
10-14-2013, 01:04 PM
Could you please tell me exactly when he has played in such offenses?

He hasn't played in an Andy Reid offense before. He's never been successful when asked to throw a lot before. There's nothing to point to that shows him being an excellent fit. You thinking he is an excellent fit is just an opinion.

Objectively observing? What are you observing objectively? Objectively, we are 6-0. End. Of. Story.
Yes, the Chiefs are 6-0, which sounds great and is pretty cool but doesn't cover up the cracks in this teams facade. 6-0 against teams that are a combined 11-25, with no team above .500...

And when has the Chiefs fan base seen this "EXACT" formula before? 1993? Twenty years ago? Really? And if you think that the offense you are currently seeing is "EXACTLY" like Marty's RRP, I think you need to re-evaluate your conceptualizations of the term "EXACTLY."

I think that most people will take 13-3 and a chance at the playoffs every single season.

I mean, great defense, shitty offense. We've seen that formula a lot. We've seen the inverse, too.

I think some are wise enough to see that 13-3 doesn't automatically mean you have a real chance in the playoffs.

I'm perfectly fine with a 6-0 record. Pretty giddy with it all things considered. And by all things considered, I mean:

1. Completely new, top to bottom coaching staff at every level.

2. Brand new schemes on both sides of the ball.

3. New QB operating under his seventh offensive coordinator and fifth head coach in eight seasons, as well as two new backups at QB.

4. New GM/management.

5. Three "new" starters on the offensive line, including a rookie from Central Michigan on one of the edges.

6. A completely new TE corps.

7. A completely new fullback.

8. New wide receivers other than Bowe and McCluster.

9. Coming off the worst season in franchise history.

10. Coming off the worst six year run in franchise history.

And yet, we are still 6-0.

6-0.

Let that sink in for a minute.

6-0.

We've beat the Cowboys. The Giants. The Raiders for the first time in six years.

Combined record: 5-13

We're 6-0.

I'm completely ****ing fantastic with the team.

It's the little pissy bitches who keep whining and filling their little doll eyes with tears about how bad "it's going to be" or "we've seen this before" or "we might not win the Super Bowl if our offense doesn't get better" bullshit.

Because, that's what it is - bullshit. Negativist bullshit to be exact.

This team hasn't sniffed a single, solitary playoff win in 20 freaking years and now you are all worried that we won't win the Super Bowl this season because our brand new QB had a bad game THAT WE WON?

Chicken little. Wearing diapers.

Lot of excuses in there. The new scheme that better fits the players doesn't seem to have hurt the defense. If Alex Smith is such a great fit for what Andy Reid wants to do, why is he playing at a lower level than he did in San Francisco?

I still HOPE the offense improves and Alex Smith plays better. Because that would be good for my team.

I thought we were starting to see it after the Giants game. Since then, he has regressed significantly. A slight upward trend has turned into a more significant downward trend.

The Alex Smith we've seen the past two weeks is just not good enough (even separated from the other problems on O). And if you can't see that, you need to pull your head out of the sand.

bishop_74
10-14-2013, 01:09 PM
The Alex Smith we've seen the past two weeks is just not good enough (even separated from the other problems on O). And if you can't see that, you need to pull your head out of the sand.

Sorry man. I don't agree with this. I don't think he becomes Tom Brady, but if the other facets improve he becomes a very manageable option at QB. He is what he is.

Mav
10-14-2013, 01:10 PM
Sorry man. I don't agree with this. I don't think he becomes Tom Brady, but if the other facets improve he becomes a very manageable option at QB.

No one can arguably counter this. This is true. If all other areas of the offense are doing their job, Alex Smith is capable of being a winning qb that is a reason for the winning. Right now though, it doesn't appear that any part of the offense is in proper working condition.

Sandy Vagina
10-14-2013, 01:19 PM
No one can arguably counter this. This is true. If all other areas of the offense are doing their job, Alex Smith is capable of being a winning qb that is a reason for the winning. Right now though, it doesn't appear that any part of the offense is in proper working condition.

Now that, I agree with.. and had been agreeing that Alex has been disappointing the last 2 weeks. That still doesn't justify you with that sig or putting him with the lowest of the low in that QB rankings thread. That shit is as weak and flip-floppy as Claynus. tisk tisk...

Saccopoo
10-14-2013, 01:20 PM
He hasn't played in an Andy Reid offense before. He's never been successful when asked to throw a lot before. There's nothing to point to that shows him being an excellent fit. You thinking he is an excellent fit is just an opinion.

Wow. Just like your opinion that thinks he can't.

Yes, the Chiefs are 6-0, which sounds great and is pretty cool but doesn't cover up the cracks in this teams facade. 6-0 against teams that are a combined 11-25, with no team above .500...

With most of those teams playing against the 6-0 Chiefs and 6-0 Donkeys. I wonder how those teams got those losses?

I think some are wise enough to see that 13-3 doesn't automatically mean you have a real chance in the playoffs.

But a 9-7 wild card spot does? Because some of the recent Super Bowl winners (Ravens, Packers, Giants) did just that. The only guarantee that you have in equating records to Super Bowl wins is getting into the playoffs. And wins in the regular season seem to go hand in hand with that. I might be wrong, and you could be correct that being 13-3 means absolutely nothing.

However, I'll take my chances at winning in the playoffs by getting into the playoffs.

Lot of excuses in there. The new scheme that better fits the players doesn't seem to have hurt the defense. If Alex Smith is such a great fit for what Andy Reid wants to do, why is he playing at a lower level than he did in San Francisco?

Maybe we should fire Reid then, huh? I hear that Mike Singletary is available.

I still HOPE the offense improves and Alex Smith plays better. Because that would be good for my team.

http://www.rungitom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Mind-Blown.gif

I thought we were starting to see it after the Giants game. Since then, he has regressed significantly. A slight upward trend has turned into a more significant downward trend.

Good enough to do what exactly?

Win?

6-0.

But I bet we could be even better and be 6-0 if Alex Smith played better.

Mav
10-14-2013, 01:22 PM
Now that, I agree with.. and had been agreeing that Alex has been disappointing the last 2 weeks. That still doesn't justify you with that sig or putting him with the lowest of the low in that QB rankings thread. That shit is as weak and flip-floppy as Claynus. tisk tisk...

sorry bro. The last two weeks, he has looked pretty bad. And, I work on a RIGHT NOW theory. In theory is he that bad? NO. But the last two weeks.

BADDDDDDDDDDDDD.

And when he does better this weekend, ill change it again.

Again, im tougher on Alex Smith than any hater could ever be, because I expect more.

sorry, but the misses on the VERY SHORT PASSES, that's unacceptable.

A deep ball? Meh, never been his strong suit, but his inability to hit a check down, or A QUICK SCREEN?

IN EXCUSABLE.

I have been extremely fair both ways. When he does well, ill defend him to the death.

When he plays poorly, I call it.

duncan_idaho
10-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Good enough to do what exactly?

Win?

6-0.

But I bet we could be even better and be 6-0 if Alex Smith played better.

You know what type of wins I'm talking about. It's not good enough to win in the playoffs. 6-0 is fantastic. Get back to me when that translates into a playoff win. Or two.

The likelihood of them winning playoff games with the type of offensive performance we've seen the past two weeks is about as slim as you and I ever agreeing about Alex Smith.

Sandy Vagina
10-14-2013, 01:27 PM

You're trying too hard to appear fair to the CP and fit in. That's all you are doing. But hey, if that's what you need to do to feel good about yourself, go for it. Flip-flop all over the place. People deal with disappointments in many different ways.

Saccopoo
10-14-2013, 01:27 PM

And yet, contrary to what you just said, the Chiefs and Alex Smith are winning.

6-0.

WTF is going on then?

This can't be correct!

If only Alex Smith and the offense were working properly we could be 6-0 behind this kick ass defense. However, because Smith isn't having his best games and the offense is missing a bunch of pieces and underperforming, we are only 6-0!!!!

http://cosasdepericos.com/wp-content/icons/ffffuuuu-meme-7813.jpg

ChiefsCountry
10-14-2013, 01:29 PM
Alex Smith is a very good to excellent QB for what Reid wants to run/implement in his offense.

http://rlv.zcache.com/i_love_utah_postcards-r7b806ff54298455f8f0dfb2e74dd8459_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg

Saccopoo
10-14-2013, 01:31 PM
sorry bro. The last two weeks, he has looked pretty bad. And, I work on a RIGHT NOW theory. In theory is he that bad? NO. But the last two weeks.

BADDDDDDDDDDDDD.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1F8C0-2p5JE/TH7LwA5eLBI/AAAAAAAAAIA/zZegtoqL4oA/s1600/b.gif

duncan_idaho
10-14-2013, 01:32 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1F8C0-2p5JE/TH7LwA5eLBI/AAAAAAAAAIA/zZegtoqL4oA/s1600/b.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/Brigham_Young_by_Charles_William_Carter.jpg

BigCatDaddy
10-14-2013, 01:32 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/i_love_utah_postcards-r7b806ff54298455f8f0dfb2e74dd8459_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg

That's how I read all of Sac's post LMAO

Mav
10-14-2013, 01:36 PM
You're trying too hard to appear fair to the CP and fit in. That's all you are doing. But hey, if that's what you need to do to feel good about yourself, go for it. Flip-flop all over the place. People deal with disappointments in many different ways.

no. I have always been this way. Even on the 49er board, no matter how many times you hear from idiots there that I said alex could do no wrong, that has NEVER been the case. I understand that even great qbs have bad days.

I am overreactionary just like EVERY SINGLE fan on the planet. I get caught in the moment just like everyone else.

If I truly thought that Alex Smith sucked, as opposed to he SUCKED the last two weeks, I woudnt be upset. I don't get upset about things I don't care about.

its just not me.

Saccopoo
10-14-2013, 01:38 PM
You know what type of wins I'm talking about. It's not good enough to win in the playoffs. 6-0 is fantastic. Get back to me when that translates into a playoff win. Or two.

The likelihood of them winning playoff games with the type of offensive performance we've seen the past two weeks is about as slim as you and I ever agreeing about Alex Smith.

Hypothetical negativism.

They just need to get to the playoffs. Did anyone think that the Packers were going to win three road games as a 9-7 Wild Card team, get to the Super Bowl and actually win it, which made Aaron Rogers an untouchable marketing legend from there on out?

How about Eli and the Giants? 10-6 and 9-7 records and a Wild Card team on both of their recent Super Bowl wins, which has left Eli in some people's minds as a HoF future member.

But you apparently need 16-0 and Johnny Fucking Unitas combined with the '85 Bears defense coached by Vince Lombardi to give you any hope of any possibility that the Chiefs might get to the playoffs.

I get it. You've had your ass kicked a bit by this team. However, we're doing better. I promise. It's going to be okay.

ChiefsCountry
10-14-2013, 01:39 PM

http://archive.sltrib.com/images/2011/0604/bythenumbers2_060411~43.jpg + http://a.espncdn.com/i/pkg/05NFLdraft/250/9077.jpg =

SAC
http://assets.adamriff.com/images/randy_marsh.jpg

Saccopoo
10-14-2013, 01:40 PM

You idiots do realize that I graduated from KU, right?

Hammock Parties
10-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Hypothetical negativism.

They just need to get to the playoffs. Did anyone think that the Packers were going to win three road games as a 9-7 Wild Card team, get to the Super Bowl and actually win it, which made Aaron Rogers an untouchable marketing legend from there on out?

How about Eli and the Giants? 10-6 and 9-7 records and a Wild Card team on both of their recent Super Bowl wins, which has left Eli in some people's minds as a HoF future member.

But you apparently need 16-0 and Johnny Fucking Unitas combined with the '85 Bears defense coached by Vince Lombardi to give you any hope of any possibility that the Chiefs might get to the playoffs.

I get it. You've had your ass kicked a bit by this team. However, we're doing better. I promise. It's going to be okay.

I'd be more excited if we were 9-7 with a capable QB than 13-3 and without one.

Brock
10-14-2013, 01:43 PM

Disappointing? Try incompetent.

BigCatDaddy
You idiots do realize that I graduated from KU, right?

So whats with the hard on for all things Utah? From there?

Mav

I laughed. And Sac, I get what you are saying. Yes, life is good because the team is 6-0. But, I have said this REPEATEDLY, you always have to keep improving, and right now, the offense is a work in progress, and just because you are 6-0, doesn't mean that Andy Reid and Alex Smith should be kicked up at Oklahoma Joe's Rib shack slurping down racks of ribs by the cow, sucking down milk shakes and thinking everything is hunky dory.

There is work to be done, and pointing that out, makes no one less of a fan, or unhappy with a teams success.

If you aren't getting better, you are getting worse, you never stay the same.

Its as true in live, as it is in sports.

:thumb:

Marcellus
10-14-2013, 01:44 PM

How about being 13-3 with a capable QB? Thats where we are headed.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2013, 01:44 PM

I have my doubts.

I think we saw Alex Smith's ceiling against the Giants.

Saccopoo
10-14-2013, 01:45 PM

Define capable?

Dilfer, Flacco or Brad Johnson have as many rings as Peyton Manning or Drew Brees or Aaron Rogers.

Mav
10-14-2013, 01:46 PM
I have my doubts.

That ceiling, if done consistently is more than enough to win a super bowl with this chiefs team. That was a pretty high ceiling.

Marcellus
10-14-2013, 01:47 PM
I have my doubts.

Its been 6 games and 2 have been pretty bad. We still have 10 games to get things really clicking.

NinerDoug
10-14-2013, 01:49 PM

You have a "capable" quarterback.

You don't have Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning. Most teams don't. There are very few of those to go around.

That said, I think that you guys who want a franchise quarterback drafted are perfectly reasonable. You might win a superbowl with Alex, and I think he might be in the top 10, but he's never going to be that "elite" QB that all fans want.

That doesn't mean that Alex won't do a good job for you in the mean time.

Saccopoo
10-14-2013, 01:49 PM
I have my doubts.

Not a chance.

The guy hasn't even come close to approaching his ceiling with this team.

His ceiling is right around what he was doing in 2011 and 2012.

And with this defense, that's gives you the capability of beating the shit out of just about anybody on a daily basis.

However, this offensive line, wide receiver corps and tight end group need a rework or at least an epiphany before that happens.

Alex Smith is not John Elway. He needs a little support, but if he gets it, he's more than capable of making sure an offense is humming right along.

Jakemall
10-14-2013, 01:50 PM
I have my doubts.

So his best is now less than the best games he's ever played? Okay.

duncan_idaho
10-14-2013, 01:51 PM
But you apparently need 16-0 and Johnny ****ing Unitas combined with the '85 Bears defense coached by Vince Lombardi to give you any hope of any possibility that the Chiefs might get to the playoffs.

That's not what I need. Not at all. But I'd take my chance with 10-6 and a QB like those guys over 13-3 and a QB like Alex Smith. Every single time.

I don't need consoling. But I'll be kind to you when the Chiefs flame out in their first playoff game (while Alex Smith leads the offense to a terrible 3rd down percentage and generally plays like a pussy).

Saccopoo
10-14-2013, 01:53 PM
That's not what I need. Not at all. But I'd take my chance with 10-6 and a QB like those guys over 13-3 and a QB like Alex Smith. Every single time.

I don't need consoling. But I'll be kind to you when the Chiefs flame out in their first playoff game (while Alex Smith leads the offense to a terrible 3rd down percentage and generally plays like a pussy).

We need a sig bet then.

I say the Chiefs win their playoff game this year. You say they lose.

Let's make this interesting, shall we?

Brock
10-14-2013, 01:53 PM
We have a qb that failed on several occasions to throw a catchable dumpoff pass. That's how capable he is right now.

BigCatDaddy
10-14-2013, 01:56 PM

So do you think we are set at the QB position the way most fans thought we were set during the Trent Green area and didn't need to worry about "upgrading"?

NinerDoug
10-14-2013, 01:56 PM

I don't get these predictions of melting down in the playoffs. Alex is 1-1 in the playoffs. In the Saints game, he definitely did not "play like a pussy."

His play in the Giants game obviously left a lot to be desired. On the other had, two ST screw ups were all that separated him from the Superbowl. Take either one away, and it's a completely different conversation.

I see no reason to predict disaster in the playoffs.

Three7s
10-14-2013, 02:10 PM
We need a sig bet then.

I think the Chiefs do have a chance at winning a playoff game, even with Alex Smith. Of the playoff teams now, I think we beat the Bengals and MAYBE the Colts.

With our offense as it is now, I can't see us beating the Broncos or Patriots.

duncan_idaho
10-14-2013, 02:17 PM
We need a sig bet then.

I don't do sig bets. Never have on any message board. Silly, IMO.

I'm definitely not going to make a sig bet that runs counter to my rooting interests. For all my skepticism and lack of belief in Alex Smith, I still HOPE the guy is better than what I think, takes a big step forward and proves me wrong.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2013, 02:18 PM
So his best is now less than the best games he's ever played? Okay.

I don't care what he did in SF.

That was with a different team.

Sandy Vagina
10-14-2013, 02:20 PM
So do you think we are set at the QB position the way most fans thought we were set during the Trent Green area and didn't need to worry about "upgrading"?

Regardless of wins or losses, if Alex plays the rest of the season around the level he has the last 2 weeks? Then KC definitely should look to draft a top QB or acquire one in the offseason... especially if they don't think much of Bray by then.

If he plays as well as he did (roughly) in the first 4 games? Then you are pretty set at QB... especially if the OL and TE situations improve.

Carlota69
10-14-2013, 02:21 PM

You have based your entire opinion on AS since we traded for him on what he did in SF. So you do care, and quite a bit too.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2013, 02:22 PM
You have based your entire opinion on AS since we traded for him on what he did in SF. So you do care, and quite a bit too.

He had his weaknesses in SF, and they are being exposed here even more so.

Carlota69
10-14-2013, 02:23 PM

And he had his strengths too, and you are dismissing those as you highlight his weaknesses.

Mav
10-14-2013, 02:24 PM

Yet, the team is still 6-0, something he didn't do in SF......lost in week 2, and week 3 respectively.

They are throwing too much, and not utilizing the run game to hide the pitifulness of the oline, alex smith, and the lack of receiving options after bowe, and avery.

IMO.

Andy has to Jim Harbaugh this offense. He needs to hide Alex a little bit. Take the pressure off. He prefers to be a role player.

Red Dawg
10-14-2013, 02:24 PM
Alex is not fantastic by any means but our skill players and o line stink. Dex sucks. Duck Dynasty is not very good either. Bowe has a safety over him every snap. Woodson all day because nobody has to respect Avery and Dex. We need better play from them.

duncan_idaho
10-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Wow. Just saw this on an ESPN blog:

Raiders opponents had completed 72.5 percent of passes and were sporting a 105.8 QB rating entering Sunday's game.

Ouch.

Mav
10-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Alex is not fantastic by any means but our skill players and o line stink. Dex sucks. Duck Dynasty is not very good either. Bowe has a safety over him every snap. Woodson all day because nobody has to respect Avery and Dex. We need better play from them.

What a difference Tony Gonzalez would make for this team. I wish that Dorsey would give up whatever they wanted for him.

Dave Lane
10-14-2013, 02:27 PM

Its everyone but Alex. Got it.

Oh and you said the same thing about Cassel

Mav
10-14-2013, 02:30 PM
Its everyone but Alex. Got it.

Oh and you said the same thing about Cassel

Not sure, but pretty much he said Alex is not fantastic.

I don't think that you can single out any part of the offense sucking and saying, oh we fix this, and it would be all perfect.

The entire offense is SHIT, and the last two weeks, the smelliest turd has been Alex Smith. There is no denying that.

hometeam
10-14-2013, 02:31 PM
Not sure, but pretty much he said Alex is not fantastic.

I don't think that you can single out any part of the offense sucking and saying, oh we fix this, and it would be all perfect.

The entire offense is SHIT, and the last two weeks, the smelliest turd has been Alex Smith. There is no denying that.

Bet if we had a good QB the entire offense is shit theory would go right down the tube.

Mav
10-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Bet if we had a good QB the entire offense is shit theory would go right down the tube.

6 weeks ago, I would say you are out of your mind. But then, I saw Brandon Weeden get hurt, and some guy who has been kicked off of 3 teams in the last year, come in as the 3rd string qb, and look like a real NFL qb, so im going to say, that you might be right.

JENKINSWINS
10-14-2013, 02:40 PM

Bet if he had a stud TE like Vernon Davis and one of the best offensive lines, this theory would also go right down the tube. The 49ers oline is considered to be one of the best going into this year and they finally have a legit WR in Boldin. If Alex had that right now with the Chiefs they would be much better. It's the first year in the offense and despite the oline playing horribly and injuries to the TEs, the offense has done their job to help this TEAM go undefeated.

Sandy Vagina
10-14-2013, 02:45 PM

Oh bullshit. KC gets their OL in order, and the rest will kick it into the higher gears.

****... now, I like Sweet Pussy Hate more than you. He's obnoxious, but at least he doesn't waver on his stance so easily. Alex wouldn't want fake "fans" like yourself that run away screaming when things get a bit tough. You are an easy and complete sell out, and have shown that no matter what your beliefs are? they are fragile and capricious at best. 4321

Brock
10-14-2013, 02:48 PM
All you have to do is get pro bowlers at every position and you'll be fine! /niner fans

BigCatDaddy
10-14-2013, 02:49 PM
All you have to do is get pro bowlers at every position and you'll be fine! /niner fans

LMAO That's pretty much what we are hearing..

"Now that you have the best defense in the league, just need to get the best oline and WR's and Alex is your guy, maybe."

Brock
10-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Same shit we heard about cassel.

Brock
10-14-2013, 02:51 PM

"Now that you have the best defense in the league, just need to get the best oline and WR's and Alex is your guy, maybe."

He'll almost lead you to the super bowl!

JENKINSWINS
10-14-2013, 02:58 PM

Hey but without pro bowlers at every position he's 25-5-1. :p

duncan_idaho
10-14-2013, 03:02 PM

Right. And by the time we have brought in (bought in) more talent at WR and OL, we'll start running out of money under the cap to keep our defensive stars.

Saccopoo
10-14-2013, 03:47 PM
And he had his strengths too, and you are dismissing those as you highlight his weaknesses.

http://thenewsportsguru.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/gennady-golovkin-early-shot.gif

Saccopoo
10-14-2013, 03:52 PM
Same shit we heard about cassel.

I'm pretty sure it isn't.

Well, from people that actually know football it isn't.

Cassel isn't a good QB.

You put Cassel in this situation, with the OL, TE and WR's doing what they are doing and you've got an interception machine that's throwing out of the fetal position all game long.

Even when the passing game was struggling, Smith extended several drives yesterday with his feet alone.

Saccopoo
10-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Right. And by the time we have brought in (bought in) more talent at WR and OL, we'll start running out of money under the cap to keep our defensive stars.

http://russellstreetreport.com/files/2013/03/Flacco-Smiling-300x200.jpg

Halfcan
10-14-2013, 04:05 PM
6-0!!

splatbass
10-14-2013, 04:07 PM

Have you seen the other teams that will likely make the playoffs? We are better than some of them even now. This is a weak AFC right now. The only one I don't think we can beat in the playoffs is Denver.

Easy 6
10-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Its been 6 games and 2 have been pretty bad. We still have 10 games to get things really clicking.

Thats what i'm counting on, the majority of the season still lies ahead.

Theres enough time to clean a lot of things up, first place i'd start is a reshuffling of the O line.

splatbass
10-14-2013, 04:12 PM

That is the way of the NFL. Every team deals with it. Between the salary cap and free agency it is a balancing act. The good teams find a way to win anyway.

Passepartout
10-14-2013, 04:14 PM
How do you call someone that sucks that his team at 6-0?!

splatbass
10-14-2013, 04:21 PM
Thats what i'm counting on, the majority of the season still lies ahead.

Theres enough time to clean a lot of things up, first place i'd start is a reshuffling of the O line.

Yeah, I agree. I know that the only way Fisher will get better is to play, but at some point the need for the team to continue winning should override the need for him to get experience. We have been lucky that we have been able to win while he learns the position, but we need to put making the playoffs, and then winning in the playoffs, ahead of that.

the Talking Can
10-14-2013, 04:22 PM

it's easy

this is a great forum, and yet you post on it

or

the Chiefs have a great fanbase, in spite of you being part of it

it's actually easy to not give people credit they don't deserve

JENKINSWINS
10-14-2013, 04:22 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dd--tIkrVoA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

duncan_idaho
10-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Have you seen the other teams that will likely make the playoffs? We are better than some of them even now. This is a weak AFC right now. The only one I don't think we can beat in the playoffs is Denver.

Yes.

I don't think they beat Denver, New England or Indianapolis in a playoff matchup.

Would expect them to beat the Bengals and the Dolphins (if they made it, which they would if they started today. Think the Ravens are the other AFC WC team, though).

Against the Ravens... would probably have to see to believe KC could beat them.

Easy 6
10-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Yeah, I agree. I know that the only way Fisher will get better is to play, but at some point the need for the team to continue winning should override the need for him to get experience. We have been lucky that we have been able to win while he learns the position, but we need to put making the playoffs, and then winning in the playoffs, ahead of that.

Agreed, and i wouldnt stop with Fisher, they need to take a good hard look at everyone besides Albert.

These guys seem to get manhandled by every freaking opponent, i'm sick of it... pass blocking, run blocking... they've been pretty bad in every facet.

duncan_idaho
10-14-2013, 04:26 PM

Wait, so you're saying it's OK to put the No. 1 overall pick on the bench until he's ready?

Don't let Dane catch you espousing that philosophy...

splatbass
10-14-2013, 04:27 PM
Yes.

I don't think they beat Denver, New England or Indianapolis in a playoff matchup.

Would expect them to beat the Bengals and the Dolphins (if they made it, which they would if they started today. Think the Ravens are the other AFC WC team, though).

Against the Ravens... would probably have to see to believe KC could beat them.

I think we can beat NE. Despite having Tom Brady their offense has been struggling against defenses that aren't anywhere close to as good as ours. Indy? I know they beat SF (while they were struggling) and Seattle, but other than that I haven't watched them play. We'll see how the season shakes out.

splatbass
10-14-2013, 04:30 PM
Wait, so you're saying it's OK to put the No. 1 overall pick on the bench until he's ready?

Don't let Dane catch you espousing that philosophy...

Yes, I am ok with that. In the beginning everyone expected the O to struggle and for us to lose some games, so letting him play was ok. But going 6-0 changes everything. We need to seize the opportunity and do everything we can to win now.

At the start of the season we were preparing for the future. But at 6-0, the future is here.

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2013, 04:50 PM
I think we can beat NE. Despite having Tom Brady their offense has been struggling against defenses that aren't anywhere close to as good as ours. Indy? I know they beat SF (while they were struggling) and Seattle, but other than that I haven't watched them play. We'll see how the season shakes out.

Yeah, they really struggled against the Saints 6th rated defense yesterday while scoring 30 points.

Some of you all really need to think before you hit "submit reply".

SAUTO
10-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Yeah, they really struggled against the Saints 6th rated defense yesterday while scoring 30 points.

Some of you all really need to think before you hit "submit reply". lol and Brady sucked week one...

284 yards 2 td 1 int and they won too... With no tes and couple of rookie wrs that could not catch herpes if they tried in a college setting
Posted via Mobile Device

Nightfyre
10-14-2013, 05:02 PM
I dunno. Maybe its a bit of homerism poking through, but I honestly believe that our defense is heads and tails above any other defense in the league at this point.

SAUTO
10-14-2013, 05:02 PM
But the chiefs were voted best team in the afc on NFL network by an overwhelming majority. So Alex Smith must be the bestest
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
10-14-2013, 05:04 PM
I dunno. Maybe its a bit of homerism poking through, but I honestly believe that our defense is heads and tails above any other defense in the league at this point.
I agree
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav
10-14-2013, 06:28 PM
Oh bullshit. KC gets their OL in order, and the rest will kick it into the higher gears.

****... now, I like Sweet Pussy Hate more than you. He's obnoxious, but at least he doesn't waver on his stance so easily. Alex wouldn't want fake "fans" like yourself that run away screaming when things get a bit tough. You are an easy and complete sell out, and have shown that no matter what your beliefs are? they are fragile and capricious at best. 4321

I care, I really do. Hopefully you realized this is sarcasm.

Mav
10-14-2013, 06:31 PM

its only the 6th rated defense by STATS.

That isn't the 6th best defense. Its about 11th in reality.

Defenses that are better than the Saints right now regardless of STATS.

Seattle,
SF,
KC,
Texans,
Chicago,
NYJ,
INDY,
Titans,
Cleveland,
Cinci.

splatbass
10-14-2013, 06:36 PM

Have you watched any of their other games this year? Are you aware we have the #1 defense and #1 is better than #6?

Mav
10-14-2013, 06:37 PM
Have you watched any of their other games this year? Are you aware we have the #1 defense and #1 is better than #6?

and the Chiefs are legitimately the number one. The saints have played a bunch of chumps. They are going to get exposed.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-14-2013, 07:28 PM

This. Chicken salad, bitches.

Rausch
10-14-2013, 07:30 PM
The only teams that scare me right now are the Colts and Donks.

I think Cinci and Baltimore make enough mistakes vs. bad defenses to keep us in those games...

ChiefsCountry
10-14-2013, 07:34 PM
The saints have played a bunch of chumps. They are going to get exposed.

The Falcons, Bears, and Patriots are chump offenses?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-14-2013, 07:44 PM
The only teams that scare me right now are the Colts and Donks.

I think Cinci and Baltimore make enough mistakes vs. bad defenses to keep us in those games...

We might win, but the contrast between Luck and Smith may be key in opening a few blind eyes about QB's in Chiefs Kingdom.

splatbass
10-14-2013, 08:03 PM
We might win, but the contrast between Luck and Smith may be key in opening a few blind eyes about QB's in Chiefs Kingdom.

I must have missed it, when was Luck available to the Chiefs?

BigCatDaddy
10-14-2013, 08:10 PM
Remember when is was debated on the board who was better Alex Smith or Phillip Rivers? LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-14-2013, 08:18 PM
I must have missed it, when was Luck available to the Chiefs?

Future tense. Future.

Remember when is was debated on the board who was better Alex Smith or Phillip Rivers? LMAO

LMAO

notorious
10-14-2013, 08:19 PM
He had a shitty game.

If he keeps converting big 3rd downs and long drives in the 4th he will be fine.

Baby Lee
10-14-2013, 10:02 PM

Alex Smith's career record when the opponent scores at least 24 points: 2-27-1

ROFL

Hammock Parties
10-15-2013, 12:11 AM
Here we go folks. The new rankings are in. And it's not pretty.

Alex Smith is:

26th in yards per game
29th in completion percentage
32nd in yards per attempt
29th in yards per completion
22nd in QB rating
27th in TD percentage
19th in sack percentage

PFF hates Alex Smith. They rank the Chiefs' passing game as third worst. A

Alex is:

28th in pass rating
28th in PFF QB rating
25th in accuracy percentage
31st in 20+ yard attempts
30th in 20+ yard completions
32nd in accuracy percentage under pressure

For the season, when throwing passes outside the numbers and over 10 yards, Alex is a pathetic 9 for 29.

He is 7 for 21 in that precious, precious 10-19 yard area.

Additional statistics which are 100 percent his fault:

27th on third down
20th in offensive scoring - 19.5 points per game

It all adds up to one thing:

http://i.imgur.com/odk7FtF.png

Hammock Parties
10-15-2013, 12:14 AM
Mother of god folks, mother of god.

Alex has completed 23 passes behind the line of scrimmage.

He has completed 23 passes over 10 yards.

Mav
10-15-2013, 01:39 AM
Mother of god folks, mother of god.

Alex has completed 23 passes behind the line of scrimmage.

He has completed 23 passes over 10 yards.

6-0.................

I don't really care to argue with what you are saying, but its still funny.

Mav
10-15-2013, 01:43 AM
The Falcons, Bears, and Patriots are chump offenses?

YES lol. The Falcons have been garbage, the Bears are ridiculously inconsistent, and are you SERIOUS?

OTWP is killing the Pats for not having weapons right now in his attempt to prop up Tom Brady, like he actually needs propping.

Those are pathetic offenses.

RINGLEADER
10-15-2013, 01:50 AM

Alex Smith is:

Alex is:

For the season, when throwing passes outside the numbers and over 10 yards, Alex is a pathetic 9 for 29.

I like stats as much as anyone, but QB stats are tougher to quantify since it is more than just the QB responsible for a lot of the data. The Chiefs receivers drop a lot of well-thrown passes. The O-Line seems to be brain-dead in the first half and/or until Branden Albert goes out. Blah, blah, blah.

That said, the last three weeks have been a steady circle down the toilet bowl for Alex Smith. He made a lot of unforced errors last Sunday. He overthrew a couple of passes that would have gone for TDs if he had been accurate. These are throws that were all on him.

I think the whole comparison to Geno is stupid and tired and there's no way we're undefeated with Geno or Bray behind center, but Alex has to improve, especially if Reid is going to keep calling his number 30-40 times a game.

JCharles1981
10-15-2013, 01:52 AM
The way I see it, Alex Smith is still an upgrade from Cassell. I can almost guarantee you the Chiefs' defense would have sucked on purpose this year if Cassell was still with the team. So blow it out your a**es if you hate Smith so much because he will be in KC for at least the next 3 years.

Mav
10-15-2013, 01:56 AM
I like stats as much as anyone, but QB stats are tougher to quantify since it is more than just the QB responsible for a lot of the data. The Chiefs receivers drop a lot of well-thrown passes. The O-Line seems to be brain-dead in the first half and/or until Branden Albert goes out. Blah, blah, blah.

That said, the last three weeks have been a steady circle down the toilet bowl for Alex Smith. He made a lot of unforced errors last Sunday. He overthrew a couple of passes that would have gone for TDs if he had been accurate. These are throws that were all on him.

I think the whole comparison to Geno is stupid and tired and there's no way we're undefeated with Geno or Bray behind center, but Alex has to improve, especially if Reid is going to keep calling his number 30-40 times a game.

Just learn to brush it off brother. Alex is going to be fine. The offense will get it together. And it doesn't have to be an epic offense. just decent enough to keep the Chiefs ahead in games. There isn't enough talent on offense for them to have to carry the team.....

But with the Defense, they wont EVER have to.....

BigCatDaddy
10-15-2013, 07:04 AM

Sure, it's not like the Chiefs are the ONLY team with Oline issues and drops.

Rausch
10-15-2013, 07:07 AM
The way I see it, Alex Smith is still an upgrade from Cassell.

No 1 cuRR.

We wanted a QB we could believe in and I think Smiff could be but is failing to even be a good Smiff...

King_Chief_Fan
10-15-2013, 07:16 AM

6-0

Three7s
10-15-2013, 07:21 AM
He had a shitty game.

If he keeps converting big 3rd downs and long drives in the 4th he will be fine.
Which he hasn't done in the last two weeks.

Hammock Parties
10-15-2013, 07:23 AM
6-http://i.imgur.com/pwvimpJ.png

Sandy Vagina
10-15-2013, 07:27 AM

LOL! Hey, look at the bright side... if Smith keeps playing like he has the last 2 weeks, he will be run out of town for a new QB that maybe you do like... and you would STILL have the Chiefs quickly brought back to respectability in team record... maybe even having enjoyed some of this 2013 season too.

hometeam
10-15-2013, 07:30 AM
Wins and losses are a product of 53 guys on the roster, and 20 coaches.

That's 72 other guys besides Alex Smith that go into that win/loss record. So no, Alex Smith is not 6-0. The Kansas City Chiefs, are 6-0.

When you look at a PLAYER you compare him to other players of the same position. And, much like in SF, the team is winning in SPITE of the poor performance of Alex Smith. Period.Exclamation.Smileyface.

BigCatDaddy
10-15-2013, 07:33 AM

That's awesome LMAO

Sandy Vagina
10-15-2013, 07:37 AM
Wins and losses are a product of 53 guys on the roster, and 20 coaches.

That's 72 other guys besides Alex Smith that go into that win/loss record. So no, Alex SMith is not 6-0. The Kansas City Chiefs, are 6-0.

When you look at a PLAYER you compare him to other players of the same position. And, much like in SF, the team is winning in SPITE of the poor performance of Alex Smith. Period.Exclamation.Smileyface.

Well, that's not really true. If Smith were tossing up INTs and coughing up fumbles like some QBs are, THEN you could say the team is winning "in spite" of him. What Smith is doing... as minimal as it can be at times.. is putting together a few but not enough scoring drives. I say not enough, but well, clearly it is enough for wins now.

The defense IS doing the heavy lifting... but the offense isn't hurting the D, and is even helping with a drive here and there to add to the scoreboard. And that's not just Jamaal Charles doing this. It is the QB that is still throwing some passes... checking pre-snap defenses and putting JC into good run situations... taking care of the ball... and even making plays with his legs.

It's ugly... the output is not what any of us want. But let's not act like our offense is turning the ball over and completely useless.

Rausch
10-15-2013, 07:38 AM

LMAO

the Talking Can
10-15-2013, 07:43 AM

Alex Smith is:

Alex is:

he is a terrible fucking QB...but at least we paid a lot for him

can anyone think of a team that traded more for a QB that ranks 20th or worse in every statistical measurement?

Tribal Warfare
10-15-2013, 07:46 AM
he is a terrible fucking QB...but at least we paid a lot for him

can anyone think of a team that traded more for a QB that ranks 20th or worse in every statistical measurement?

BTW, Alex has a worse completion % than Cassel's 2012 season.

Rausch
10-15-2013, 07:46 AM
he is a terrible ****ing QB...but at least we paid a lot for him

LMAO

the Talking Can
10-15-2013, 07:49 AM

reading through Smith's statistics is a form of fan rape

he's throwing only the safest, easiest passes in the nfl, and most of them to a RB...and he STILL sucks

his degree of difficulty is 0, and he is failing

duncan_idaho
10-15-2013, 07:49 AM

Alex Smith is:

Alex is:

Damning, indeed.

the Talking Can
10-15-2013, 07:54 AM

his completion percentage is worse than Dilfer's with the Ravens...and even Dilfer knows that Dilfer sucked

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-15-2013, 08:28 AM
LOL! Hey, look at the bright side... if Smith keeps playing like he has the last 2 weeks, he will be run out of town for a new QB that maybe you do like... and you would STILL have the Chiefs quickly brought back to respectability in team record... maybe even having enjoyed some of this 2013 season too.

This post is pure sunshine to my soul. In every possible way.

Rausch
10-15-2013, 08:29 AM
This post is pure sunshine to my soul. In every possible way.

He's a fucking stop-gap Clay.

Relax.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Keep him as QB coach. He's smart, but too smart to play. Over thinks everything. He could be beneficial in training and taming a gunslinger.

Emperor Sweets shall have pity on Axl today.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-15-2013, 08:40 AM
I have stuck up for Smith at times this year....but he has been AWFUL the last 2 games. JFC.

NinerDoug
10-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Well, that's not really true. If Smith were tossing up INTs and coughing up fumbles like some QBs are, THEN you could say the team is winning "in spite" of him. What Smith is doing... as minimal as it can be at times.. is putting together a few but not enough scoring drives. I say not enough, but well, clearly it is enough for wins now.

The defense IS doing the heavy lifting... but the offense isn't hurting the D, and is even helping with a drive here and there to add to the scoreboard. And that's not just Jamaal Charles doing this. It is the QB that is still throwing some passes... checking pre-snap defenses and putting JC into good run situations... taking care of the ball... and even making plays with his legs.

It's ugly... the output is not what any of us want. But let's not act like our offense is turning the ball over and completely useless.

That is pretty much exactly how the Niners got to the NFCCG in 2011. Like you said, ugly, but it works, and the offense did make progress in 2011 and 2012.

mattschiefs
10-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Sure, it's not like the Chiefs are the ONLY team with Oline issues and drops.

True

But he is one of the few that gets the blame when issues happen.

The fact is that Alex smith has been horrible the last two weeks. He has to be better but that can be said about the rest of the offense to. To ignore those and just talk about Smith is doing just what you claim people who are pointing out the issues are making excuses

This is not a team with a QB problem this is a team with an offense problem that's QB,WR,O line They all get the blame not just Alex.

BigCatDaddy
10-15-2013, 02:19 PM
True

But he is one of the few that gets the blame when issues happen.

The fact is that Alex smith has been horrible the last two weeks. He has to be better but that can be said about the rest of the offense to. To ignore those and just talk about Smith is doing just what you claim people who are pointing out the issues are making excuses

This is not a team with a QB problem this is a team with an offense problem that's QB,WR,O line They all get the blame not just Alex.

All of that is Alexcuses 101. The book has already been written. The dude sucks statisticaly and he sucks via the eye test. Close the book on this guy every being anymore than a stop gap.

mattschiefs
10-15-2013, 02:35 PM
All of that is Alexcuses 101. The book has already been written. The dude sucks statisticaly and he sucks via the eye test. Close the book on this guy every being anymore than a stop gap.

Smith haters logic

Talk about one guys mistakes is fair talk about any of the other 10 guys mistakes is just making excuses SMH

The "excuse maker" can at least say Smith has been horrible the last 2 weeks and has to get better.

Smith hasn't put the O line or the WRs in a good spot and the other way around

And I'll again say you would've ran Trent Green out of town his first year in KC was horrible
Completion % 56.6 Td 17 Int 24 QB rat 71.1

Hammock Parties
10-15-2013, 02:37 PM
And I'll again say you would've ran Trent Green out of town his first year in KC was horrible

LMAO

Green was injured (knee wasn't 100 percent), playing with the worst WR corps ever, and a shit defense.

Awful comparison.

BigCatDaddy
10-15-2013, 02:41 PM
Smith haters logic

Talk about one guys mistakes is fair talk about any of the other 10 guys mistakes is just making excuses SMH

The "excuse maker" can at least say Smith has been horrible the last 2 weeks and has to get better.

Smith hasn't put the O line or the WRs in a good spot and the other way around

You should strongly consider removing Alice's balls from your tonsils. The only reason he had a respectable QB rating was because Harbaugh neutered him down to about 20-25 attempts a game. Now that he is being asked to do what he was asked to do pre Harbaugh same old shit. Alice is as Alice ever was.

mattschiefs
10-15-2013, 02:48 PM
This is pointless the very title of this thread shows you will never be anything more then haters

Good day sirs

Hammock Parties
10-15-2013, 02:51 PM
This is pointless the very title of this thread shows you will never be anything more then haters

Good day sirs

Alex Smith LOSES

You get NOTHING.

http://cdn02.cdnwp.thefrisky.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/13/good-day-sir.gif

Bearcat
10-15-2013, 03:00 PM
Trent Green didn't have 8 seasons to look at before coming to KC... so, while some people are certainly that impatient when it comes to quarterbacks, it's not really a good comparison.

TheUte
10-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Trent Green didn't have 8 seasons to look at before coming to KC... so, while some people are certainly that impatient when it comes to quarterbacks, it's not really a good comparison.

Ummm... Yeah he got to KC for his 8th season.

BigCatDaddy
10-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Ummm... Yeah he got to KC for his 8th season.

I think he was referring more about all the starts Alice had. Trent had about 20 to Alice's 80.

Trent Green and Rich Gannon are good comparisons for each other. Alice Smith does not compare to either one.

Baby Lee
10-15-2013, 03:28 PM

Book closes when they start tearing the stitches off his jersey.

Enjoy not enjoying what's actually happening due to your disappointment over what you think might happen.

NinerDoug
10-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Ahhhhh, just like the old days. You guys are lucky to have Alex around to insult, fight over, and defend.

Kind of boring around Red Zone these days. Nobody seriously debates the abilities of CK7. "When is Crabtree coming back, yawn, when will Manningham be back, yawn, sucks to lose Aldon Smith, yawn."

Nothing like Alex haters and defenders going nuclear on each other on an hourly basis. Cool shit.

BigCatDaddy
10-15-2013, 05:41 PM
Book closes when they start tearing the stitches off his jersey.

Enjoy not enjoying what's actually happening due to your disappointment over what you think might happen.

Enjoy watching Alice throw for a buck twenty, but hey guise he didn't throw a pick this game at least! Nobody is enjoying watch that ball of suck behind center. NOW the defense? I've damned near unbuttoned my britches a few times when they were on the field. That's how you get shit done in the NFL on a Superbowl level.

Saccopoo
10-15-2013, 05:54 PM
Enjoy watching Alice throw for a buck twenty, but hey guise he didn't throw a pick this game at least! Nobody is enjoying watch that ball of suck behind center. NOW the defense? I've damned near unbuttoned my britches a few times when they were on the field. That's how you get shit done in the NFL on a Superbowl level.

That ball of suck behind center is 26-5-1 the past three seasons.

6-0 as a starter for the worst team in the entire NFL just a season ago. The same team that had basically the same defensive players on it that gave you that 2-14 season.

I know who's balls you can suck.

Hammock Parties
10-15-2013, 05:59 PM

No one cares.

He's shitty as hell and is going to cost us sooner or later.

hometeam
10-15-2013, 06:19 PM

6-0 as a starter for the worst team in the entire NFL just a season ago. The same team that had basically the same defensive players on it that gave you that 2-14 season.

Wins are team statistics. Not individual.

BigCatDaddy
10-15-2013, 06:28 PM

There are several upgrades on defense and several young stars taking that next step. Also a coach that's actually competent. So get the Utah dick out of your mouth.

BigMeatballDave
10-15-2013, 06:48 PM
LMAO Sac sucking every ounce of splooge from Alex.

Saccopoo
10-15-2013, 07:11 PM
There are several upgrades on defense and several young stars taking that next step. Also a coach that's actually competent. So get the Utah dick out of your mouth.

Upgrades on defense?

Where?

I read it right here that DeVito was a journeyman hack versus top five pick, "the next Warren Sapp" Glenn Dorsey.

And Sean Smith was the worst CB in the NFL.

And Bob Sutton was an over-the-hill coattail rider who threw out underachieving defense after underachieving defense.

And don't forget that Tamba Hali is slow, out of position in a 34 and is past his prime.

BigCatDaddy
10-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Upgrades on defense?

Where?

I read it right here that DeVito was a journeyman hack versus top five pick, "the next Warren Sapp" Glenn Dorsey.

And Bob Sutton was an over-the-hill coattail rider who threw out underachieving defense after underachieving defense.

And don't forget that Tamba Hali is slow, out of position in a 34 and is past his prime.

Well Jalil Brown was dog shit and Billay would have been an upgrade, but I think Clay was the only one bitching about Sean Smith, more bitched about Robinson. That Cooper kid is tearing shit up, Poe stepped up in year 2 and I think in this scheme Dorsey would probably be every bit was Divito is. Also Berry is 2 years recovered from the ACL. I like the talent but Sutton is the biggest upgrade. Romeo was killing the talent with his reactionary bullshit.

Halfcan
10-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Upgrades on defense?

Where?

:thumb: Yep pretty much-and don't forget the 4-12 predictions-lol