PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

FringeNC
10-27-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm going to quote this because duncan is one of the more thoughtful, purposeful posters on this forum, one who would never get lumped into a category of "drafturbators" or bullshit like that.

And this is his assessment of Alex Smith.

This is when you have to look around the room and decide if you might be on the wrong side in this "debate." Quotation marks because I don't think it's arguable to say that Smith is an average-at-best QB.

How much is a QB responsible for the most important passing stat, YPA? Sure, Alex Smith's isn't very high this year, 6.3 YPA. In many fans' minds, the greatest QB of all-time is Tom Brady, whose YPA is under 6 this year after being near the top of the league most years. Trent Green over a 3-4 year period probably was in the top 3 if not #1 in YPAs. Does Tom Brady suck now? Is Trent Green a HOFer? How does NE's O-line and receiving corps this year compare to ours?

When I watch our offense, what sticks out to me is not Alex Smith's performances, either good or bad, but a shitty O-line. This is not 2010's O-line where JC was averaging 6.4 yards per carry.

Alex Smith surely is not a HOF QB, but I think most if not all QBs would struggle behind this O-line.

duncan_idaho
10-27-2013, 06:36 PM
How much is a QB responsible for the most important passing stat, YPA? Sure, Alex Smith's isn't very high this year, 6.3 YPA. In many fans' minds, the greatest QB of all-time is Tom Brady, whose YPA is under 6 this year after being near the top of the league most years. Trent Green over a 3-4 year period probably was in the top 3 if not #1 in YPAs. Does Tom Brady suck now? Is Trent Green a HOFer? How does NE's O-line and receiving corps this year compare to ours?

When I watch our offense, what sticks out to me is not Alex Smith's performances, either good or bad, but a shitty O-line. This is not 2010's O-line where JC was averaging 6.4 yards per carry.

Alex Smith surely is not a HOF QB, but I think most if not all QBs would struggle behind this O-line.

That's all well and good, and clearly the OL is not that good. Which hurts.

Still does nothing to help Alex Smith, who has missed multiple open guys for big plays this. Fasano and Avery today, Charles last week, etc.

According to Mike Mayock, NFL QBs make those throws every single time ...

Anyong Bluth
10-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Calvin Johnson just had 50 more receiving yards in a game than Alice's best passing game this year :eek:

He still can't thow the ball to himself. /bust

Sure-Oz
10-27-2013, 06:51 PM
My problem with Alex is he's a smarter version of Matt Cassel. Guy takes ZERO shots past 5 yards unless the guy is clearly open

Anyong Bluth
10-27-2013, 06:51 PM
They also had salary cap concerns, they also had Kaep, who by the way, threw 16 PASSES TODAY, and since week 3 hasn't really thrown more than 20 passes in a game. they have completely neutered him.

Clay posted it in this thread. Kaep has had a worse season than Smith.

JF08
10-27-2013, 06:53 PM
How? How are we bashing him after this week? One of his best games all year, and he still gets trashed. It is not his fault he got sacked six times. However, he is responsible for the 102 passer rating today and multiple running 3rd down conversions. 8-0.

This.

I understood the scrutiny that Smith received from Niners fans, being that two of the best QB's to ever play the game were 49ers. But Chiefs fans? Come on guys, a lot of you are acting like the fat, ugly chick who has a hot friend so she thinks she's entitled to the same type of men that her friend gets.

Smith needs to get WAY better, so does the OL, so do the WR's and TE's. But for now, the team is 8-0 and Smith is playing efficient, smart football. Doing enough to win. This is a pretty f***ing good start considering how brutally bad things were last season.

Anyong Bluth
10-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Kaepernick is not a championship caliber QB either.

Any yet to start the season all the talk was he was the next QB of a generation.
After last week's play by the Jets, there was a headline story: Geno Smith: the next Steve Young.
Fast forward to his play this week.

People, including the media, are way to prone to being reactionary second to second and end up making silly and uninformed statements and assertions.

Brock
10-27-2013, 06:58 PM
This.

I understood the scrutiny that Smith received from Niners fans, being that two of the best QB's to ever play the game were 49ers. But Chiefs fans? Come on guys, a lot of you are acting like the fat, ugly chick who has a hot friend so she thinks she's entitled to the same type of men that her friend gets.

Smith needs to get WAY better, so does the OL, so do the WR's and TE's. But for now, the team is 8-0 and Smith is playing efficient, smart football. Doing enough to win. This is a pretty f***ing good start considering how brutally bad things were last season.

This is the type of insight we've come to expect from niner fans. Just be happy with our leavings, you don't deserve any better!

notorious
10-27-2013, 06:58 PM
Just hit the easy TD passes and everything will be wonderful.

Brock
10-27-2013, 07:00 PM
How? How are we bashing him after this week? One of his best games all year, and he still gets trashed. It is not his fault he got sacked six times. However, he is responsible for the 102 passer rating today and multiple running 3rd down conversions. 8-0.

He's also responsible for 2 tds left off the scoreboard.

GoChargers
10-27-2013, 07:07 PM
But Chiefs fans? Come on guys, a lot of you are acting like the fat, ugly chick who has a hot friend so she thinks she's entitled to the same type of men that her friend gets.
If that's how you feel, then why do you spend all day hanging around with the so-called "fat ugly chicks" on here?

It has nothing to do with past franchise success. The bottom line is, with the defense Kansas City has this year, if they had a real quarterback, they'd be Super Bowl bound. That's why Chiefs fans are frustrated with Alice.

Hammock Parties
10-27-2013, 07:21 PM
I don't even give a shit about the missed TDs. That happens. I expect it from Alex, since he's far below elite.

But to go an entire half and generate 30 yards of offense....what is this, 2008? That's Tyler Thigpen bullshit.

Jakemall
10-27-2013, 07:22 PM
He's also responsible for 2 tds left off the scoreboard.

And the two put on.

Jakemall
10-27-2013, 07:23 PM
My problem with Alex is he's a smarter version of Matt Cassel. Guy takes ZERO shots past 5 yards unless the guy is clearly open

Clearly another person threw the TD pass to Dexter today, right?

Rausch
10-27-2013, 07:23 PM
I don't even give a shit about the missed TDs. That happens. I expect it from Alex, since he's far below elite.

But to go an entire half and generate 30 yards of offense....what is this, 2008? That's Tyler Thigpen bullshit.

This.

There's conservative and then there's just total $#it performance...

Hammock Parties
10-27-2013, 07:24 PM
And the two put on.

One of those was all Anthony Sherman.

I'm glad Alex can exploit a completely busted coverage though, on that 2nd TD pass. Real nice job hitting the guy who was college football open.

Brock
10-27-2013, 07:24 PM
And the two put on.

So he's doing his job about half the time. Outstanding!

Jakemall
10-27-2013, 07:28 PM

I'm glad Alex can exploit a completely busted coverage though, on that 2nd TD pass. Real nice job hitting the guy who was college football open.

He hit him..and he hit him instride. If he had not, it wouldn't have been a td.

Jakemall
10-27-2013, 07:29 PM

Yup, because those 2 plays represent 50% of his job.

Rausch

No, he's not...

Hammock Parties

It was a nice Cassel-type throw.

SPATCH
10-27-2013, 07:30 PM
Been resisting the notion for a while, but this team feels just as fraudulent as the 2010 Chiefs.

Jakemall
10-27-2013, 07:32 PM
It was a nice Cassel-type throw.

LOL

ChiefsCountry
10-27-2013, 07:32 PM
Been resisting the notion for a while, but this team feels just as fraudulent as the 2010 Chiefs.

Nah, we have a legit team its just lead by Steve Bono Part II. Its 1995 all over again.

Brock
10-27-2013, 07:33 PM

He was 3 yards away.

Jakemall
10-27-2013, 07:34 PM
He was 3 yards away.

LMAO...it was a 28 yard TD...Dexter might have run 2 or 3 yards after the catch. Or are you saying the guy was 3 yards away?

Hammock Parties
10-27-2013, 07:37 PM
LOL

It was. Cassel used to get praised around here for hitting wide open guys, too.

Alex doesn't make difficult NFL throws. Neither did Matt.

jd1020
10-27-2013, 07:38 PM
How does one hit someone in stride when it requires the receiver to leap for the ball and wind up flat out on the turf?

Mav
10-27-2013, 07:40 PM
How does one hit someone in stride when it requires the receiver to leap for the ball and wind up flat out on the turf?

magic!!!

it was not a great pass.

It really wasn't. Completed? okay. But people are blowing it out of proportion.

I thought his best pass was the cross field pass he threw. I was uninspired by the McCluster td.

Brock
10-27-2013, 07:40 PM
LMAO...it was a 28 yard TD...Dexter might have run 2 or 3 yards after the catch. Or are you saying the guy was 3 yards away?

Oh, I thought we were talking about the other play where the receiver did all the work.

Mav
10-27-2013, 07:46 PM
I have a question.

Feels like 2010, feels like 1995.

That feel worse than 2012?

Considering that a few of the guys bitching about it feeling like those years, are the same types that felt this season was going to be the same type of year. Especially a certain Matt Barkley loving poster.

Just saying. I agree. If the offense doesn't improve, to at the very least be far more CONSISTENT. Then this is not a super bowl type team.

Still. 4 times the amount of wins from last year 8 games in?

DeezNutz
10-27-2013, 07:50 PM
If you haven't followed the Chiefs for decades, you truly cannot speak to how long-time fans perceive this season.

In the moment, it's great. The flaws, however, appear crippling, and the resources that were used to acquire the major stumbling block suggest a long-term commitment.

And this is what we've seen for the last 20+ years. It might end up differently. Smith is, literally, not Bono. But mother****ing shit if Alex Smith doesn't suck out load far too often.

Jakemall
10-27-2013, 07:52 PM
If you haven't followed the Chiefs for decades, you truly cannot speak to how long-time fans perceive this season.

In the moment, it's great. The flaws, however, appear crippling, and the resources that were used to acquire the major stumbling block suggests a long-term commitment.

And this is what we've seen for the last 20+ years. It might end up differently. Smith is, literally, not Bono. But mother****ing shit if Alex Smith doesn't suck out load far too often.

This is a fair statement.

Mav
10-27-2013, 07:55 PM

In the moment, it's great. The flaws, however, appear crippling, and the resources that were used to acquire the major stumbling block suggests a long-term commitment.

Deez, I can relate to what you are dealing with. And yes, I understand the frustration. I was simply asking if they people who specifically expected more of last year, than what is actually happening, would feel better if this year was more of last year.

Im a browns fan. In the 14 years since its rebirth, I have seen 3 first round qbs drafted, ONE playoff game in which we were up something like 30-13, and lost, our best statistical and record season of 2007, we didn't make the playoffs.

I understand completely how chiefs feel. But I would give my left nut to be 8-0 right now.

I am already doing draft research to see who the browns inevitably will draft, and who will undoubtedly suck.

Wanna trade?

splatbass
10-27-2013, 07:55 PM
If you haven't followed the Chiefs for decades, you truly cannot speak to how long-time fans perceive this

I've got news for you, long time fans don't all see it the same way. A simple truth that always seems to escape you.

Rausch
10-27-2013, 07:59 PM
I have a question.

Feels like 2010, feels like 1995.

That feel worse than 2012?

Considering that a few of the guys bitching about it feeling like those years, are the same types that felt this season was going to be the same type of year.

I completely understand and completely agree.

I think we'll go 1 and done in the playoffs.

That said this isn't year 3 or 5 or 7 this is YEAR ONE.

We're where they were in YEAR ONE.

We're so far ahead of schedule how can you not be pleased with this?...

Hammock Parties
10-27-2013, 08:00 PM

People assume just because year one is awesome everything will continue to be awesome.

I have my doubts if Alex Smith is our QB against a first-place schedule in 2014.

jd1020

Because this is year 1 of 2. Whats the plan for year 3? More Smith? Fucking shoot me now.

Sure-Oz

Exactly...I just hope they don't stay married to Smith

Wallcrawler
10-27-2013, 08:01 PM
Alex is still leaving plays out there on the field. 11 points right off the top of my head that I can remember.

The overthrow to Fasano would've been a touchdown, but we had to settle for 3.

Then once again, Avery is streaking down the sideline with his man 2 steps behind him and Alex overthrows the ball. I thought I remember seeing people on here saying that Alex didn't have an arm, with Chad Pennington even being mentioned for comparison.

This guy is overthrowing streaking receivers 30-40 yards downfield. If anything, he needs to reign the throws in. Hes missed Avery twice that I remember, and also missed a wide open Jamaal Charles that was lined up against a linebacker this season.

Dude seriously needs reps in practice just developing timing with Donnie and Jamaal on those deep routes. Its gut wrenching to watch all of these plays being missed that would be incredible plays through the air.

Blocking was shit today though. Looked like Jordan Black was out there in a Fisher Jersey at RT. Happy with the win, but we have some serious work to do before this divisional road trip gauntlet coming up.

Mav
People assume just because year one is awesome everything will continue to be awesome.

I have my doubts if Alex Smith is our QB against a first-place schedule in 2014.

completely understandable. I expect a full offensive overhaul.

The defense, will be better next year though. That's pretty scary.

DeezNutz
I've got news for you, long time fans don't all see it the same way. A simple truth that always seems to escape you.

Of course I'm aware of this. For those "so excited," Ice Cube dedicated a song to this: "No Vaseline."

Mav
10-27-2013, 08:02 PM
Because this is year 1 of 2. Whats the plan for year 3? More Smith? ****ing shoot me now.

he would be extended already.

If he doesn't get to the level they expect, he will be gone.

jd1020
10-27-2013, 08:03 PM
he would be extended already.

If he doesn't get to the level they expect, he will be gone.

Why would he be extended already? They aren't going to talk contract in the middle of the year.

SPATCH
10-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Deez, I can relate to what you are dealing with. And yes, I understand the frustration. I was simply asking if they people who specifically expected more of last year, than what is actually happening, would feel better if this year was more of last year.

Im a browns fan. In the 14 years since its rebirth, I have seen 3 first round qbs drafted, ONE playoff game in which we were up something like 30-13, and lost, our best statistical and record season of 2007, we didn't make the playoffs.

I understand completely how chiefs feel. But I would give my left nut to be 8-0 right now.

I am already doing draft research to see who the browns inevitably will draft, and who will undoubtedly suck.

Wanna trade?

I like it when Cleveland fans try to wear their "most miserable sports town" badge in front of Kansas City fans. Did you know that the Browns have won a playoff game more recently than the Chiefs?

We know exactly what sucking feels like. Don't act like KC fans have not earned the right to be cynical.

DeezNutz
10-27-2013, 08:04 PM
I'll be stunned to see them walk on a player after investing two second-rounders.

Mav
10-27-2013, 08:04 PM
Alex is still leaving plays out there on the field. 11 points right off the top of my head that I can remember.

The overthrow to Fasano would've been a touchdown, but we had to settle for 3.

Then once again, Avery is streaking down the sideline with his man 2 steps behind him and Alex overthrows the ball. I thought I remember seeing people on here saying that Alex didn't have an arm, with Chad Pennington even being mentioned for comparison.

This guy is overthrowing streaking receivers 30-40 yards downfield. If anything, he needs to reign the throws in. Hes missed Avery twice that I remember, and also missed a wide open Jamaal Charles that was lined up against a linebacker this season.

Dude seriously needs reps in practice just developing timing with Donnie and Jamaal on those deep routes. Its gut wrenching to watch all of these plays being missed that would be incredible plays through the air.

Blocking was shit today though. Looked like Jordan Black was out there in a Fisher Jersey at RT. Happy with the win, but we have some serious work to do before this divisional road trip gauntlet coming up.

two opinions that always drove me nuts.

Alex has small hands, not true.

Alex has a weak arm.

Also not true.

Alex thinks too much. Alex is extremely inaccurate on deep throws to anyone not named Vernon Davis, and I have never figured it out.

Mav
10-27-2013, 08:07 PM
I like it when Cleveland fans try wear their "most miserable sports town" badge in front of Kansas City fans. Did you know that the Browns have won a playoff game more recently than the Chiefs?

We know exactly what sucking feels like. Don't act like KC fans have not earned the right to be cynical.

can you please post where I said you don't have the right to be cynical?

Do you know the difference between criticism, and empathy?

I am empathetic. If I wanted to be cynical, I would say hey, Kc Chiefs fans, tell me when you have your team stolen from you, and then I would say, tell me what its like to play in a super bowl.

That would be me telling you to stop being cynical.

That's not my style. Empathy is way more my style.

l4z4rd
10-27-2013, 08:08 PM
Alex is extremely inaccurate on deep throws to anyone not named Vernon Davis, and I have never figured it out.

Makes sense considering he played with Davis for many years. Plus, he's never had a burner deep threat target besides Davis.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-27-2013, 08:09 PM
I'm not here to defend Alex. I just didn't feel like looking up old threads or starting a new one. Eric Fisher is a fucking disaster, trainwreck, worthless, piece of shit. He's on Mandrich watch right now AFAIC.

SPATCH
10-27-2013, 08:10 PM
can you please post where I said you don't have the right to be cynical?

Do you know the difference between criticism, and empathy?

I am empathetic. If I wanted to be cynical, I would say hey, Kc Chiefs fans, tell me when you have your team stolen from you, and then I would say, tell me what its like to play in a super bowl.

That would be me telling you to stop being cynical.

That's not my style. Empathy is way more my style.

Looks like passive-aggressive is also your style.

Mav
10-27-2013, 08:10 PM
I'll be stunned to see them walk on a player after investing two second-rounders.

the picks aren't that big of a deal.

They are the part of a process.

The packers one year drafted Brian Brohm, two years after drafting Aaron Rodgers, and in the same draft with Brohm, they drafted Matt Flynn in the 5th.

They cut Brian Brohm in the preseason.

Not trying to sound like a know it all, but I mean you hit and miss on draft picks. Andy Reid clearly wanted a caretaker for this offense.

I think he is smart enough to understand, and he and Dorsey probably knew better than anyone, that the Chiefs were not talented like the packers, or like the eagles.

Alex Smith im guessing in their mind was a guy who could get just enough out of this offense this year to caretake it.

Wouldn't be shocked at all if Alex Smith loses his job next year to Bray.

Mav
10-27-2013, 08:11 PM
Looks like passive-aggressive is also your style.

im more reactive.

I react to those how they treat me.

Im more aggressive dickish than anything.

DeezNutz
10-27-2013, 08:12 PM
the picks aren't that big of a deal.

They are the part of a process.

The packers one year drafted Brian Brohm, two years after drafting Aaron Rodgers, and in the same draft with Brohm, they drafted Matt Flynn in the 5th.

They cut Brian Brohm in the preseason.

Not trying to sound like a know it all, but I mean you hit and miss on draft picks. Andy Reid clearly wanted a caretaker for this offense.

I think he is smart enough to understand, and he and Dorsey probably knew better than anyone, that the Chiefs were not talented like the packers, or like the eagles.

Alex Smith im guessing in their mind was a guy who could get just enough out of this offense this year to caretake it.

Wouldn't be shocked at all if Alex Smith loses his job next year to Bray.

I like Reid and Dorsey; these were good hires. If they would make this type of decision in KC, I'd have even more respect for them, regardless of how things would turn out.

SAUTO

I'm glad Alex can exploit a completely busted coverage though, on that 2nd TD pass. Real nice job hitting the guy who was college football open. I told my buddy sitting next to Mr that Mccluster was "Alex Smith "open
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav
I'm not here to defend Alex. I just didn't feel like looking up old threads or starting a new one. Eric Fisher is a ****ing disaster, trainwreck, worthless, piece of shit. He's on Mandrich watch right now AFAIC.

Good comparison. The Chiefs went for the specimen over the technician.

good call.

Mav
10-27-2013, 08:13 PM
I told my buddy sitting next to Mr that Mccluster was "Alex Smith "open
Posted via Mobile Device

LOL. Sad, and funny.

The Bad Guy
10-27-2013, 08:13 PM
Fisher wasn't a specimen.

TheGuardian
10-27-2013, 08:14 PM
I'm not here to defend Alex. I just didn't feel like looking up old threads or starting a new one. Eric Fisher is a ****ing disaster, trainwreck, worthless, piece of shit. He's on Mandrich watch right now AFAIC.

After his first 8 games in the NFL you type this fucking nonsense.

Go punch yourself in the dick.

SAUTO
10-27-2013, 08:15 PM

especially when they will have just paid one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav
10-27-2013, 08:15 PM
I like Reid and Dorsey; these were good hires. If they would make this type of decision in KC, I'd have even more respect for them, regardless of how things would turn out.

I wont be shocked if they draft a qb in the first round. If there is one they like, like a Mettenberger, (LSU), the kid from Oregon State, Hundley, Bryn Renner, wouldn't shock me in the least.

I am an Alex Smith guy that has no delusion that he will be replaced at the first instance they find a better replacement.

DeezNutz
10-27-2013, 08:17 PM
It's almost an unfathomable jump from the likes of a CMU to the NFL. Thus, Fisher is going to take more time than the average n00b.

He needs to sit right now because he's hurting the team, but that doesn't make him a "bust." Not yet.

Mav
10-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Fisher wasn't a specimen.

What is your definition of a specimen.

No, hes not Veldheer, hes not Bruce Campbell, but he is a true athlete. Much more an athlete than a technician

splatbass
10-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Of course I'm aware of this. For those "so excited," Ice Cube dedicated a song to this: "No Vaseline."

Your arrogance is astounding.

duncan_idaho
10-27-2013, 08:47 PM
It's almost an unfathomable jump from the likes of a CMU to the NFL. Thus, Fisher is going to take more time than the average n00b.

He needs to sit right now because he's hurting the team, but that doesn't make him a "bust." Not yet.

But... but... you MUST take a SAFE player at No. 1 overall who can start right away and be an impact player. You CAN'T afford to take a developmental guy that has to sit for a while at No. 1 overall.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-27-2013, 08:48 PM
After his first 8 games in the NFL you type this fucking nonsense.

Go punch yourself in the dick.

Yeah, because 8 game vet 1st overall picks in the NFL draft look like fucking abortions every year. You should abort yourself.

Lex Luthor
10-27-2013, 08:49 PM
But... but... you MUST take a SAFE player at No. 1 overall who can start right away and be an impact player. You CAN'T afford to take a developmental guy that has to sit for a while at No. 1 overall.
That ship has sailed. It doesn't do any good to keep bringing it up.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-27-2013, 08:49 PM
someone please, please name the better QB option we could have gotten this offseason? If anyone says Geno Smith they need to be banned. Have we forgot where we were just last year? It'd be wonderful to have a Manning, Brady, Luck, Brees, Rodgers. But that wasn't an option and judging by all the wins we're having, under Smith, we won't be able to get that guy next year. He's playing far better than Flacco or Ryan, just to name some of these gunslingers.

DeezNutz
10-27-2013, 08:53 PM

Yep. Never again should we hear that bullshit.

Chiefspants
10-27-2013, 08:58 PM

Game changers at RT are once in a decade guys, Duncan.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-27-2013, 08:59 PM
If Fisher is how "BPA" is defined under this regime, we need to just completely forfeit the draft altogether, and trade our picks for some kind of bonus points in the FA market.

duncan_idaho
10-27-2013, 09:03 PM
someone please, please name the better QB option we could have gotten this offseason? If anyone says Geno Smith they need to be banned. Have we forgot where we were just last year? It'd be wonderful to have a Manning, Brady, Luck, Brees, Rodgers. But that wasn't an option and judging by all the wins we're having, under Smith, we won't be able to get that guy next year. He's playing far better than Flacco or Ryan, just to name some of these gunslingers.

Matt Ryan is completing 70 percent of his passes, has thrown 14 TD passes and 7 INTs. He's playing at a much higher level than Alex Smith, and there's no debate about it. Joe Flacco and Alex Smith have basically identical stats (though Flacco is superior in completion percentage, TDs, YPA).

"Playing far better?" Not even close.

I would have gladly taken signing someone like Jason Campbell and surrendering NO picks over trading picks for Alex Smith.

If you're bringing in a stop-gap, bring in a stop-gap. With this year's second-round pick, the Chiefs could have taken a potential QBotF in Geno Smith to sit behind the stop-gap they brought in or a WR like Robert Woods.

philfree
10-27-2013, 09:05 PM
Sitting here at 8-0 I am so pissed that we didn't win the draft. I mean fooooooooooooooooo......k! :shake:ROFL

Eleazar
10-27-2013, 09:07 PM
I would have gladly taken signing someone like Jason Campbell and surrendering NO picks over trading picks for Alex Smith.

ROFL LMAO :spock: LMAO

O.city
10-27-2013, 09:09 PM
Matt Ryan is completing 70 percent of his passes, has thrown 14 TD passes and 7 INTs. He's playing at a much higher level than Alex Smith, and there's no debate about it. Joe Flacco and Alex Smith have basically identical stats (though Flacco is superior in completion percentage, TDs, YPA).

If you're bringing in a stop-gap, bring in a stop-gap. With this year's second-round pick, the Chiefs could have taken a potential QBotF in Geno Smith to sit behind the stop-gap they brought in or a WR like Robert Woods.

Suppose our front office didn't think geno is a potential qbotf?

jd1020
10-27-2013, 09:09 PM
If Fisher is how "BPA" is defined under this regime, we need to just completely forfeit the draft altogether, and trade our picks for some kind of bonus points in the FA market.

Not just Fisher...

Kelce, Davis, and some random ass FB I cant even name.

l4z4rd
10-27-2013, 09:10 PM

Ryan has (had) Jones, White, and Gonzalez. Smith has never had that type of receiver firepower.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-27-2013, 09:11 PM
Not just Fisher...

Kelce, Davis, and some random ass FB I cant even name.

This. We COMPLETELY suck at the draft. Completely.

Bonus points, please.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-27-2013, 09:13 PM
Ryan has (had) Jones, White, and Gonzalez. Smith has never had that type of receiver firepower.

I bet he's never shoved a firecracker up his ass either, but that doesn't stop me from thinking about how fucking hilarious it would be if he did.

hitchief
10-27-2013, 09:15 PM

Ah yes, stop gap. You must call Andy and tell him he doesn't know crap and was stupid to want a crappy qb like Alex.

I'm sure he watches the film and sees exactly what you all see. Only thing holding this O and team back is Alex. Brilliant!

duncan_idaho
10-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Suppose our front office didn't think geno is a potential qbotf?

Then they could have taken Woods. Or Justin Hunter. Or Zach Ertz. Or an ILB.
Or a CB. Or a lot of other players that could have helped this year.

My point: They paid for Alex Smith like he was more than a stop-gap. His play so far has screamed 'stop-gap.'

Perhaps the route some were championing - which involved signing a vet like Campbell - would have worked out after all.

O.city
10-27-2013, 09:20 PM
Then they could have taken Woods. Or Justin Hunter. Or Zach Ertz. Or an ILB.
Or a CB. Or a lot of other players that could have helped this year.

My point: They paid for Alex Smith like he was more than a stop-gap. His play so far has screamed 'stop-gap.'

Perhaps the route some were championing - which involved signing a vet like Campbell - would have worked out after all.

Would those players helped more this year than Alex smith? Would you rather have went the Campbell route and be say 4-4?

Iconic
ROFL LMAO :spock: LMAO

I really don't see the hilarity in that statement. A rusty Campbell just came into our house and almost beat us. Regardless of his play today, the key word is stop-gap not QBOTF, which is what Smith is being paraded as.

Discuss Thrower
Ah yes, stop gap. You must call Andy and tell him he doesn't know crap and was stupid to want a crappy qb like Alex.

I'm sure he watches the film and sees exactly what you all see. Only thing holding this O and team back is Alex. Brilliant!

If a team let's you walk in FA for reasons other than injury, age or severe "locker room" problems then you're not a franchise QB.

Andy Reid is a good coach but don't let that fool you on issues of personnel.

duncan_idaho
10-27-2013, 09:22 PM

Andy Reid clearly believed he could get more out of Alex Smith than he has gotten so far. I still hope he unlocks that play from his QB, but I'm not holding my breath (Smith's play over the past 3-4 weeks has shrunk that hope).

If he doesn't get more out of him, the Chiefs significantly overpaid and the trade deserves criticism.

duncan_idaho
10-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Would those players helped more this year than Alex smith? Would you rather have went the Campbell route and be say 4-4?

I think they're 6-2 at worst with Jason Campbell. Defense has been that good, schedule has been that easy.

Yes, I would rather be in that situation, with the 2013 2nd round pick on the team and contributing (Woods would start, Hunter probably would, too, any ILB they would have taken there probably starts) and the 2014 pick looming on the horizon.

philfree
10-27-2013, 09:32 PM
I don't think we win a game with Campbell. The team would have saw the proverbial punt coming with that. I can't believe that at this point people still hold on to shit like that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-27-2013, 09:32 PM

Book me.

Iconic
10-27-2013, 09:35 PM
I think they're 6-2 at worst with Jason Campbell. Defense has been that good, schedule has been that easy.

Yes, I would rather be in that situation, with the 2013 2nd round pick on the team and contributing (Woods would start, Hunter probably would, too, any ILB they would have taken there probably starts) and the 2014 pick looming on the horizon.

Not to mention the cap space it would have cleared up. Smith is getting paid 8.5 million for his mediocrity, while Campbell will barely scratch 2 million. In hindsight we over payed considerably for Smith.

The Franchise
10-27-2013, 09:37 PM
All Fisher was....was Albert insurance. That makes it a horrible fucking pick.

splatbass
10-27-2013, 09:42 PM
I really don't see the hilarity in that statement. A rusty Campbell just came into our house and almost beat us. Regardless of his play today, the key word is stop-gap not QBOTF, which is what Smith is being paraded as.

Who is parading Alex Smith as QBotF? I haven't seen one person.

mattschiefs
10-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Just so we are all clear now going
24/36 225 2tds 0 picks 6 runs for 40 yards sucks now?

Yes he missed some throws but name me a QB in the NFL who hasn't and I'll show you a guy who hasn't played much. People Alex wasn't bad today. And the Chiefs won the game. There is room to get better for sure but bashing Alex for those numbers is silly. Alex wasn't the big problem today. That was the O line allowing 6 sacks in the 2nd half.

SPATCH
10-27-2013, 09:45 PM

Giving up 2 2nd rd. picks implied that Smith was viewed as a long-term solution.

Hammock Parties
10-27-2013, 09:52 PM

Yes he missed some throws but name me a QB in the NFL who hasn't and I'll show you a guy who hasn't played much. People Alex wasn't bad today. And the Chiefs won the game. There is room to get better for sure but bashing Alex for those numbers is silly. Alex wasn't the big problem today. That was the O line allowing 6 sacks in the 2nd half.

It doesn't suck.

It's a standard "excellent game, Alex!" complete with yards per completion < 10, yards per attempt < 6.5, and points < 24.

Back and to the left.

Anyong Bluth
10-27-2013, 09:52 PM
If that's how you feel, then why do you spend all day hanging around with the so-called "fat ugly chicks" on here?

It has nothing to do with past franchise success. The bottom line is, with the defense Kansas City has this year, if they had a real quarterback, they'd be Super Bowl bound. That's why Chiefs fans are frustrated with Alice.

Who was available that is/was better?

It's not like we missed out on a FA qb or even a better QB was available for a trade.

So, frustrated as you, I, the fan base may be, there wasn't a plan A option that fell through, and there isn't a QB that would have come in and resulted in more wins.
I'm of the opinion that that doesn't mean you can't upgrade around him before the deadline. Improving the offense by say 1 TD a game and / or converting 1 or 2 3rd downs a game would make this team downright an extremely tough out for anyone they would face for the rest of the year- including the playoffs, which would 2 fold increase getting home field with the #1 seed. Not to mention this is a historic 1st for a cold weather Super Bowl, which only favors a team like the Chiefs.

Talent is out there to get better on the offense, but will we pick up the phone, pull the trigger and say this year we think we can win a ring?

Anyong Bluth
10-27-2013, 09:53 PM
completely understandable. I expect a full offensive overhaul.

The defense, will be better next year though. That's pretty scary.

How will it be better?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-27-2013, 09:57 PM
I would like to point out at this time that Matt Cassel throws like a fucking fairy.

Iconic
10-27-2013, 09:58 PM

Are you kidding me? Did you not see the herd of homers riding Smith's nuts at the beginning of the season? The point is Andy and co didn't trade a 2nd and possible 3rd for a stop gap. This is not what is thrown at a short-term solution. Smith's current contract is only two years but the draft picks say something else entirely.

SPATCH
10-27-2013, 09:59 PM

Watch the games. Alex Smith has very clear limitations: the most obvious of those limitations is his inability to throw the deep ball.

Some people were arguing that the fact that he overthrew some of his deep balls recently indicates that he has plenty of arm strength. He doesn't. Smith throws the fade route early so that receivers won't out-run his range. He just can't spin a tight, level 3 deep ball very well.

He has chosen precious few moments to throw the fade and it is always a pre-snap read (and almost always just for show). He throws it early and deep so that it won't be picked.

O.city
10-27-2013, 09:59 PM

Problem is, in that situation, you run the risk if having Matt cassel as your starting qb.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-27-2013, 10:03 PM
All Fisher was....was Albert insurance. That makes it a horrible fucking pick.

Which makes it all the more disgusting.

jd1020
10-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Problem is, in that situation, you run the risk if having Matt cassel as your starting qb.

lolwut?

Cassel was gone 110% with or without the Smith trade.

O.city
10-27-2013, 10:06 PM
lolwut?

Cassel was gone 110% with or without the Smith trade.

If you don't trade for smith, and a free agent doesn't wanna come here, who starts?

AussieChiefsFan
10-27-2013, 10:07 PM
If you don't trade for smith, and a free agent doesn't wanna come here, who starts?A rookie.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-27-2013, 10:07 PM
If you don't trade for smith, and a free agent doesn't wanna come here, who starts?

Who wouldn't want to come and work with Reid?

jd1020
10-27-2013, 10:09 PM
Who wouldn't want to come and work with Reid?

The Chiefs? Bowe? Charles? A couple million? FUCK THAT! I'd rather go to the Browns.

Sweet Daddy Hate
A rookie.

The game of college football is incapable of producing a rookie prospect good enough for the Chiefs/Dippity McDipshit, Chiefs Front Office.

Sweet Daddy Hate
The Chiefs? A couple million? FUCK THAT! I'd rather go to the Browns.

W00T FUCK YEAH ELEVENTY!@$#@!

O.city
Could Campbell run the wco?

BryanBusby
10-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Could Campbell run the wco?
LMAO no

BWillie
10-27-2013, 10:14 PM

I actually totally agree with this. But there are some bad QBs in the NFL right now. I mean bad. But there are still AT LEAST 20 QBs that could have easily guided this team to the same 8-0 start due to our schedule and stifling defense. im glad we dont have Geno Smith, but we still got a turd in Fisher

splatbass
10-27-2013, 10:18 PM
Giving up 2 2nd rd. picks implied that Smith was viewed as a long-term solution.

Not really. Andy Reid has never had a problem replacing QBs. You guys seem to think that all NFL FOs are like Pioli's.

splatbass
10-27-2013, 10:19 PM
It doesn't suck.

It's a standard "excellent game, Alex!" complete with yards per completion < 10, yards per attempt < 6.5, and points < 24.

Back and to the left.

It isn't fantasy football, numbnuts. None of that matters if you win.

Hammock Parties
10-27-2013, 10:19 PM
It isn't fantasy football, numbnuts. None of that matters if you win.

None of that matters if your defense is in beast mode every week, holding every team to 17 points or less.

jd1020
10-27-2013, 10:20 PM
Not really. Andy Reid has never had a problem replacing QBs. You guys seem to think that all NFL FOs are like Pioli's.

We'll see.

Reid and Dorsey put a condition on the trade of 8-8. I'm sure they did not expect to have that condition met 8 weeks into the season. I find it hard to believe that they don't see Alex as exceeding expectations and extending this bum to be the QB for the next 4+ years. After all, Reid said he's had a boner for Alex for a while.

splatbass
10-27-2013, 10:20 PM
Are you kidding me? Did you not see the herd of homers riding Smith's nuts at the beginning of the season?

Name ONE person that said Alex Smith is the QBotF. Just ONE.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-27-2013, 10:21 PM
Not putting the D in bad situations also helps with scoring to play devils advocate.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-27-2013, 10:21 PM
We'll see.

Reid and Dorsey put a condition on the trade of 8-8. I'm sure they did not expect to have that condition met 8 weeks into the season. I find it hard to believe that they don't see Alex as exceeding expectations and extending this bum to be the QB for the next 4+ years.

I can see Reid advocating and Dorsey blowing his fucking stack behind closed doors.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-27-2013, 10:22 PM
Not putting the D in bad situations also helps with scoring to play devils advocate.

Motherfuck you.:harumph::evil:

splatbass
10-27-2013, 10:27 PM
We'll see.

Reid and Dorsey put a condition on the trade of 8-8. I'm sure they did not expect to have that condition met 8 weeks into the season. I find it hard to believe that they don't see Alex as exceeding expectations and extending this bum to be the QB for the next 4+ years. After all, Reid said he's had a boner for Alex for a while.

Do you really think that Andy Reid doesn't know exactly how his starting QB is doing? And that you see things he is missing?

jd1020
10-27-2013, 10:33 PM
Do you really think that Andy Reid doesn't know exactly how his starting QB is doing? And that you see things he is missing?

All I know are the facts.

That Reid has wanted Alex Smith for a long time.

That the Chiefs traded 2 2nd round picks to get him.

That Reid puts a high stock in the line.

So I see a coach that got his QB, is 8-0 with said QB, and has holes in the OL. I see an extension in the near future for said QB and an emphasis on fixing the OL.

splatbass
10-27-2013, 10:34 PM
All I know are the facts.

That Reid has wanted Alex Smith for a long time.

That the Chiefs traded 2 2nd round picks to get him.

That Reid puts a high stock in the line.

So I see a coach that got his QB, is 8-0 with said QB, and has holes in the OL. I see an extension in the near future for said QB and an emphasis on fixing the OL.

Good for you, Nostradamus. That means nothing in reality though. Reid had no problem at all trading McNabb.

jd1020
10-27-2013, 10:35 PM
Good for you, Nostradamus. That means nothing in reality though. Reid had no problem at all trading McNabb.

Really? Your rebuttal is McNabb who QB'd for Reid for how many years?

And how many years was it after people started questioning McNabb was he actually traded? 3 or 4?

Dave Lane
10-27-2013, 10:40 PM

Well Alex Smith is HOF bound we know that for sure

splatbass
10-27-2013, 11:14 PM

No one has said that. You guys need to start discussing points people actually make, not points that you fantasize they are making.

Iconic
10-27-2013, 11:23 PM

Visit arrowheadpride.com and see for yourself.
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/10/21/4864674/is-alex-the-qbotf-or-the-prototype

splatbass
10-27-2013, 11:29 PM
Visit arrowheadpride.com and see for yourself.
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/10/21/4864674/is-alex-the-qbotf-or-the-prototype

You had to go to another forum to find someone? And you thinks this helps you?

Iconic
10-27-2013, 11:34 PM
You had to go to another forum to find someone? And you thinks this helps you?

You asked me to show you what I said I saw- 'a group of homers'. This is the group of homers. So yes, this helps me.

edit - also lol
http://i.imgur.com/2Y5ZV2T.png
http://i.imgur.com/3KlS2gk.png
http://i.imgur.com/611HQ0p.png

Kaepernick
10-27-2013, 11:58 PM

Alex is Bavarian?

http://www.thehofbrau.com/wp-content/themes/sams/images/building-pic.png

LoneWolf
10-28-2013, 03:59 AM
Watch the games. Alex Smith has very clear limitations: the most obvious of those limitations is his inability to throw the deep ball.

Some people were arguing that the fact that he overthrew some of his deep balls recently indicates that he has plenty of arm strength. He doesn't. Smith throws the fade route early so that receivers won't out-run his range. He just can't spin a tight, level 3 deep ball very well.

He has chosen precious few moments to throw the fade and it is always a pre-snap read (and almost always just for show). He throws it early and deep so that it won't be picked.

Fade routes are always thrown early to allow the WR to run under the ball. If your talking about the stop fade route, well that route is always thrown early before the WR comes to a stop so that the defender runs himself out of the pay. I think you were referring to a go route or what is often called a nine route.

duncan_idaho
10-28-2013, 04:43 AM
You asked me to show you what I said I saw- 'a group of homers'. This is the group of homers. So yes, this helps me.

edit - also lol

Freaking brutal. I hate Kansas City fanbase so much. Guarantee you those guys that love Alex Smith WANT the Royals to trade Billy Butler because he hits into too many double plays.

loochy
10-28-2013, 06:02 AM

You know what else helps the d?

Keeping drives alive and avoiding the constant midfield stalling

Scoring TDs instead of FGs and opening up a real lead so the d cand really get after the QB

ptlyon
10-28-2013, 07:14 AM

Guess they'll let anyone in the HOF then...

whoman69
10-28-2013, 07:20 AM
Despite the offense not being able to put the ball in the endzone enough, Smith played much better yesterday than he has of late. He missed a couple of guys deep wide open but also drilled one into Dexter for a TD. You can't really pick apart a game where he is 23/34 for 240 and 2 TD with no picks.

Dave Lane
10-28-2013, 07:42 AM
No one has said that. You guys need to start discussing points people actually make, not points that you fantasize they are making.

Talk to Andy Reid about that.

Mav
10-28-2013, 08:11 AM
The entire offense needs an upgrade.

Pinning it on one guy is what is causing the fights.

You want to upgrade Alex Smith? Fine by me.

Make sure that you also upgrade the Center, the right guard, the tight end, the third receiver, the qb, get a true back up for Jamaal. and a third receiver.

A true number one receiver. I like Bowe, blame Alex Smith all you want. He isn't a true BONAFIDE number one receiver.

people will hate on me. If you truly saw the game yesterday, you would realize that he is NOT on the level of Josh Gordon. Josh Gordon is a NUMBER ONE RECEIVER.

Bowe is a low end one, or a great two.

Im a broken record.

Mediocre qb, with substandard talent around him, oline, wr
s are average, tight ends are below average. And you are expecting better results.

Matt Ryan threw 4 picks yesterday with a similar talent pool to what Alex Smith is dealing with right now.

Shrugs. Alex is a part of the problem. Hes not the only problem though.

Bearcat
10-28-2013, 08:21 AM

I could only chuckle reading this post (https://www.facebook.com/SaveOurChiefs/posts/617778631607772) on FB yesterday. Not sure how many comments are necessarily about Smith being the long term guy, but the True Fan is overwhelming in the responses, and I got the feeling that a lot of people are simply oblivious to long term or the concept of delayed gratification or risk taking when it comes to the QB position.

Hey, it must be a great deal, because 8-0! derp

warrior
10-28-2013, 08:25 AM
Despite the offense not being able to put the ball in the endzone enough, Smith played much better yesterday than he has of late. He missed a couple of guys deep wide open but also drilled one into Dexter for a TD. You can't really pick apart a game where he is 23/34 for 240 and 2 TD with no picks.

And sacked six times, I lost count of the pressure's Alex did OK ;)

Mav
10-28-2013, 08:33 AM
I could only chuckle reading this post (https://www.facebook.com/SaveOurChiefs/posts/617778631607772) on FB yesterday. Not sure how many comments are necessarily about Smith being the long term guy, but the True Fan is overwhelming in the responses, and I got the feeling that a lot of people are simply oblivious to long term or the concept of delayed gratification or risk taking when it comes to the QB position.

Ignorance is bliss.

Some people are just casual watchers, who don't see anything except the final score.

Nothing wrong with that.

duncan_idaho
10-28-2013, 08:43 AM

:doh!:

I'm sure all of those folks will just be SHOCKED when the Chiefs lose their first playoff game. And will then cheer when Alex Smith is signed to a long-term extension.

Hoover
10-28-2013, 08:48 AM
The entire offense needs an upgrade.

Pinning it on one guy is what is causing the fights.

You want to upgrade Alex Smith? Fine by me.

Make sure that you also upgrade the Center, the right guard, the tight end, the third receiver, the qb, get a true back up for Jamaal. and a third receiver.

A true number one receiver. I like Bowe, blame Alex Smith all you want. He isn't a true BONAFIDE number one receiver.

people will hate on me. If you truly saw the game yesterday, you would realize that he is NOT on the level of Josh Gordon. Josh Gordon is a NUMBER ONE RECEIVER.

Bowe is a low end one, or a great two.

Im a broken record.

Mediocre qb, with substandard talent around him, oline, wr
s are average, tight ends are below average. And you are expecting better results.

Matt Ryan threw 4 picks yesterday with a similar talent pool to what Alex Smith is dealing with right now.

Shrugs. Alex is a part of the problem. Hes not the only problem though.
Excellent post, I could not agree more.

We have seen Alex Smiths limitations for 8 regular season weeks now.

I'm not about to get upset about his style of play. I rather like the high percentage passing game vs. the chuck it deep offense so many of you seem to want to see in KC. This team has done a good job of keeping the ball on offense by having long scoring drives. Its a perfect thing when combined with out defense. What needs to improve is our red zone offense, we need TDs not FGs. Just look at yesterday, the Browns should have been dead before half. This team should have been up 28 to nothing. We kept them in it because we kicked FGs instead of scoring TDs.

Some of that is Smiths fault. He has missed wide open guys in the end zone. But its not all his fault. We need better oline play, we deserve more out of Bowe, its not just that Smith isn't giving him the ball, its that Bowe is not getting open, we need a legit TE in this offense.

What frustrates the hell out of me is that people seem to overlook the fact that if we can score TDs instead of kicking FGs this team will be very difficult to beat.

As I look around the AFC, the only playoff teams with offense that are going to demand that the Chiefs score more points than they already are doing is the Browcos and Bengals. The rest don't scare me a bit, and I'd not sure those two teams are all that anyway.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 08:50 AM

edit - also lol

Sweet Jesus; Valhalla of Dumb, I have found thee.

A Salt Weapon
10-28-2013, 08:52 AM

I'll say it. I hated the Alex Smith signing. However while he is not perfect he will be here for a while. He will be with the Chiefs for a long time, even after he is done starting/playing he will be still be a part of this team. QB coach or something along those lines. We traded 2 2nd round picks for an above average QB for a few years and someone to mentor young QB draftees for a long time after that. I'm fine with that trade.

splatbass
10-28-2013, 08:57 AM
You can't really pick apart a game where he is 23/34 for 240 and 2 TD with no picks.

And yet they do.

BigCatDaddy
10-28-2013, 08:58 AM

I'll say it. I hated the Alex Smith signing. However while he is not perfect he will be here for a while. He will be with the Chiefs for a long time, even after he is done starting/playing he will be still be a part of this team. QB coach or something along those lines. We traded 2 2nd round picks for an above average QB for a few years and someone to mentor young QB draftees for a long time after that. I'm fine with that trade.

LMAO Ask and you shall receive.

Bearcat
10-28-2013, 08:59 AM
Ignorance is bliss.

Some people are just casual watchers, who don't see anything except the final score.

Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, and I assume a lot of them are younger fans who don't have any reason to think about the last 20-30+ years, or like you said, are just casual fans who get into it when they are winning.

10-15 years ago I never missed a game, and it wasn't until the Herm years that I started wondering why the hell I was wasting time watching something that (at times) wasn't at all entertaining. The college kid in me understands those fans, and why 80,000 people spent $100+ each and at least 3 hours of their weekend to watch some pretty mediocre football yesterday... but, the crotchety, jaded old man in me (get off my lawn) didn't think twice about not being home for the first half, or spending the 2nd half not really paying attention while the game was in the background, because hopefully there's MUCH better football to be played after the bye.

BigCatDaddy
10-28-2013, 08:59 AM

Except the 2 passes he missed that likely break the game open to wide open receivers. He should have been 25/34 with over 300 yards and 4 TD's, but hey only fantasy QB's do that shit.

That's arena football/Herm

duncan_idaho
10-28-2013, 09:02 AM

Sure you can. YPA was terrible, he missed some easy throws for scores, and the offense managed just 31 yards of total offense in the second half. Davone Bess muffing the punt (and also dropping several key passes) covers up how wide open the Chiefs offense left the door yesterday.

What if Cleveland had managed a late drive? How would you feel about the blown, wide-open TD passes then? How would you feel about the complete stalling-out and ineptitude of the offense in the 2nd half then?

Sandy Vagina
10-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Yeah, and I assume a lot of them are younger fans who don't have any reason to think about the last 20-30+ years

So you are saying they are probably not irreparably butthurt, beaten down like whimpering pussies, and jaded from the irrelevant past? Got it! :thumb:

BigCatDaddy
10-28-2013, 09:09 AM
So you are saying they are probably not irreparably butthurt, beaten down like whimpering pussies, and jaded from the irrelevant past? Got it! :thumb:

Could be, but odds are they are just young ignorant dumbasses.

Halfcan
10-28-2013, 09:12 AM
Alex continues to confuse me- on one throw he looks great, others he misses wide open Fasano by a mile. He also gave up on some plays much too early.

But we are 8-0 despite terrible O line play.

Sometimes its better to be Lucky than good.

Sandy Vagina
10-28-2013, 09:13 AM
Could be, but odds are they are just young ignorant dumbasses.

yo mamma, bitch!

just kidding.. yeah, they could be that too. :)

splatbass
10-28-2013, 09:17 AM
YPA was terrible,

Yeah, it's called the West Coast Offense. They substitute short passes for runs. Where you been since 1982?

Sandy Vagina
10-28-2013, 09:18 AM
Alex continues to confuse me- on one throw he looks great, others he misses wide open Fasano by a mile. He also gave up on some plays much too early.

But we are 8-0 despite terrible O line play.

Sometimes its better to be Lucky than good.

Yeah, he did a lot of stupid shit throughout the game.. pretty good first half though. He just can't seem to put it all together... maybe he won't. The OL was an issue later in the game... but Alex is an inconsistent QB on a yr 1 offense with multiple issues.

I think he will be given the next 1.5 years to determine if he really is the answer for a while longer. Truth told, we just won't know till then, and even I am having my doubts. The whole offense needs more time, and it's a pure guessing game as to whether they will really get it in a high gear.

duncan_idaho
10-28-2013, 09:24 AM
Yeah, it's called the West Coast Offense. They substitute short passes for runs. Where you been since 1982?

YPA was 5.4. That's not West Cost offense territory. That's Real American Gabbert territory. It's awful no matter what offense you're running.

Halfcan
10-28-2013, 09:45 AM
Someone came within two bad Alex passes away from taking a year off the Planet. Fasano-way over his head and Avery down the sideline with nothing but green in front of him.

He had 2 TD's this week and gets us another win. Zero turnovers as well.

ChiefsCountry
10-28-2013, 09:55 AM
Because of Alex Smith's suckage this game should have been over at halftime yesterday. His inability to complete passes and hell even look deep, the Chiefs should have been up at least 30 on Cleveland then the whole second half they could just tee off on Campbell. Same shit happened with the Eagles game.

The Franchise
10-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Because of Alex Smith's suckage this game should have been over at halftime yesterday. His inability to complete passes and hell even look deep, the Chiefs should have been up at least 30 on Cleveland then the whole second half they could just tee off on Campbell. Same shit happened with the Eagles game.

This.

That game should have been us raping the Browns. Instead we let them keep up and legitimately could have lost that game.

Smith needs to step the fuck up and be consistent.

ChiefsCountry
10-28-2013, 10:11 AM
This.

That game should have been us raping the Browns. Instead we let them keep up and legitimately could have lost that game.

Smith needs to step the **** up and be consistent.

Yep we had them on their throat only to keep letting them up. Could have went for the kill shot early then let Houston and Hali have a field day in the second.

Halfcan
10-28-2013, 10:17 AM
8-0!!!

scho63
10-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Here is Alex's stats halfway through the season. Still no game over 300 yds passing and his accuracy PCT is way off.

I would give him a B-/C+ so far this year.

PROS:

He has made big plays with his feet
INT's are low and some not his fault
Will throw ball away rather than sack or INT

CONS:

Too many missed TD passes
Accuracy questionable
Not enough Bowe
Not enough deep balls

The Franchise
10-28-2013, 11:00 AM
8-0!!!

Yeah.....great argument and retort.

:rolleyes:

SPATCH
10-28-2013, 11:08 AM
This.

Smith needs to step the **** up and be consistent.

Davone Bess gave us that game.

JF08
10-28-2013, 11:19 AM
This is the type of insight we've come to expect from niner fans. Just be happy with our leavings, you don't deserve any better!

I'm not saying that. I'm saying have some f*cking patience. Just because a certain outcome has happened before in KC, doesn't mean that same outcome will happen again.

Besides, what do you guys gain by being negative and looking for everything wrong with Smith?

Jakemall
10-28-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm not saying that. I'm saying have some ****ing patience. Just because a certain outcome has happened before in KC, doesn't mean that same outcome will happen again.

Besides, what do you guys gain by being negative and looking for everything wrong with Smith?

They've been negative since it was announced that Alex Smith was coming to KC. Why should that stop? They've been consistent about thier dislike for the trade if nothing else. The only way I expect that will ever change is when Alex starts having fantasy football stats like Manning and doesn't leave anything on the field that they can bitch about.

For far he hasn't done the first and he has the later.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Thread title is becoming more appropriate with each passing week.

JF08
10-28-2013, 11:31 AM
They've been negative since it was announced that Alex Smith was coming to KC. Why should that stop? They've been consistent about thier dislike for the trade if nothing else. The only way I expect that will ever change is when Alex starts having fantasy football stats like Manning and doesn't leave anything on the field that they can bitch about.

But their reason for the negativity about the trade was that he could not win games, was not a good QB, etc. The team is 8-0, now they're saying he "can't win the Super Bowl." Does the bar just keep getting moved up? If he wins the Super Bowl, will they complain that he won't make the Hall of Fame?

What happened to just enjoying success, cheering for the team, and especially being happy that the franchise has been completely transformed in ONE off-season?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 11:33 AM
But their reason for the negativity about the trade was that he could not win games, was not a good QB, etc. The team is 8-0, now they're saying he "can't win the Super Bowl." Does the bar just keep getting moved up? If he wins the Super Bowl, will they complain that he won't make the Hall of Fame?

What happened to just enjoying success, cheering for the team, and especially being happy that the franchise has been completely transformed in ONE off-season?

Not good enough.

Bearcat
10-28-2013, 11:34 AM

Yeah, why should it stop? Everything the rational posters have been saying has turned out to be true. He is who we thought he was... but yeah, 8 years plus 8 games isn't enough time.

The "have some patience" thing is kind of amusing though... all we've been doing is waiting to see if anything changes, while others jumped on his bandwagon after the first week or two, if they weren't already on it. It's not like any of us can do anything else.

And the Manning thing is a strawman.

duncan_idaho
10-28-2013, 11:34 AM

Most common criticism of Alex Smith at the time of the trade was that he was a mediocre, mid-tier, game-managing QB who couldn't put the team on his back when necessary to be the REASON his team won rather than a contributing factor ranking somewhere below the defense/special teams/running game. That he wasn't a QB who could win playoff games and run the gauntlet against elite, complete teams.

The bar hasn't changed.

aturnis
10-28-2013, 11:35 AM
I'm not saying that. I'm saying have some ****ing patience. Just because a certain outcome has happened before in KC, doesn't mean that same outcome will happen again.

It's not about the past. Its about the fact that he has been a horrid QB that came at a steep price. Of this is what we get, the outcome will not be favorable.

What exactly do you gain from ignoring his ineptitude to this point and making excuses for him?

JF08
10-28-2013, 11:36 AM
Not good enough.

When will it be "good enough?" When you have a QB who lights it up statistically but you lose games (like Romo, Geno Smith, etc)? THAT will give you "hope?"

Bearcat
10-28-2013, 11:36 AM

The bar has always been set at competing with the big boys and winning playoff games. I don't think I've seen one person who's said he can't win games. Tim Tebow and Matt Cassel could win games, FFS.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 11:37 AM
When will it be "good enough?" When you have a QB who lights it up statistically but you lose games (like Romo, Geno Smith, etc)? THAT will give you "hope?"

Franchise QB or death. Smith is shit.

Jakemall
10-28-2013, 11:38 AM

Not good enough.

Some of them will back down if a play-off game is won. Part of the problem is that so many coaches before have made similiar moves and it RARELY works out. So this group for the most part is once bitten twice shy. They're enjoying the wins...but they can't let themselves believe and take the chance they'll come away broken hearted.

aturnis
10-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Most common criticism of Alex Smith at the time of the trade was that he was a mediocre, mid-tier, game-managing QB who couldn't put the team on his back when necessary to be the REASON his team won rather than a contributing factor ranking somewhere below the defense/special teams/running game. That he wasn't a QB who could win playoff games and run the gauntlet against elite, complete teams.

The bar hasn't changed.

This. My stand has not changed and he's done nothing but prove the naysayers right over and over again.

l4z4rd
10-28-2013, 11:40 AM
This. My stand has not changed and he's done nothing but prove the naysayers right over and over again.

so what will change your opinion? Beat the Broncos? Win the division? Win a playoff game? Win the superbowl? Win the superbowl and be named superbowl MVP?

Sandy Vagina
10-28-2013, 11:40 AM
They're enjoying the wins...but they can't let themselves believe and take the chance they'll come away broken hearted.

they call those people cowards where I am from... ;)

JF08
10-28-2013, 11:41 AM
It's not about the past. Its about the fact that he has been a horrid QB that came at a steep price. Of this is what we get, the outcome will not be favorable.

What exactly do you gain from ignoring his ineptitude to this point and making excuses for him?

A horrid QB? Lol come on. Only an idiot would say he's been THAT bad. I'd rank him somewhere 15-20. C+/B- type grade so far. He played far better in SF the past two seasons and I expect as he gets used to the players and system around him, he will improve (as he has every year since he's been in the league).

The difference between "fans" of Alex is we are realistic. We understand the process and time that it takes to build a great QB/offense/team. We see the potential in Alex, the good play, but can also criticize him. He's missed some easy throws that have me scratching my head, it's infuriating. But I put it in perspective - all QB's miss throws and he will improve.

You haters simply say "he sucks." Your arguments are 100% emotion based, like that of a female. Don't we get enough emotional arguments from our women? I thought a football MB was for MEN to analytically discuss their team? If I wanted an emotional argument about football I'd talk to my wife.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 11:42 AM
so what will change your opinion? Beat the Broncos? Win the division? Win a playoff game? Win the superbowl? Win the superbowl and be named superbowl MVP?

It's a start.

"Stalker". That's what we call you where I come from.

JF08
10-28-2013, 11:43 AM
Some of them will back down if a play-off game is won. Part of the problem is that so many coaches before have made similiar moves and it RARELY works out. So this group for the most part is once bitten twice shy. They're enjoying the wins...but they can't let themselves believe and take the chance they'll come away broken hearted.

I know this is EXACTLY what is happening. They are afraid to actually buy in and cheer for him, because if he loses, then they will be broken hearted again. That's some b*tch sh*t. That is the exact OPPOSITE of what a true fan is.

Jakemall
10-28-2013, 11:43 AM

You get punched in the face enough times, you start to flinch when the hand just moves.

JF08
10-28-2013, 11:44 AM
You get punched in the face enough times, you start to flinch when the hand just moves.

Ah good point. So they are like battered women? I'm starting to feel bad...

Sandy Vagina
10-28-2013, 11:45 AM
A horrid QB? Lol come on. Only an idiot would say he's been THAT bad. I'd rank him somewhere 15-20. C+/B- type grade so far. He played far better in SF the past two seasons and I expect as he gets used to the players and system around him, he will improve (as he has every year since he's been in the league).

The difference between "fans" of Alex is we are realistic. We understand the process and time that it takes to build a great QB/offense/team. We see the potential in Alex, the good play, but can also criticize him. He's missed some easy throws that have me scratching my head, it's infuriating. But I put it in perspective - all QB's miss throws and he will improve.

You haters simply say "he sucks." Your arguments are 100% emotion based, like that of a female. Don't we get enough emotional arguments from our women? I thought a football MB was for MEN to analytically discuss their team? If I wanted an emotional argument about football I'd talk to my wife.

Very good post. You won't make a dent in the stupid.. but your efforts are commendable. :D

Jakemall
10-28-2013, 11:45 AM
It's a start.

Which is a start? The superbowl? LOL. :hmmm:

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 11:46 AM
Which is a start? The superbowl? LOL. :hmmm:

If you're going to "win now", you better win it all. NOW.

duncan_idaho
10-28-2013, 11:47 AM

Once? :cuss:

I will back down when Alex Smith consistently plays like the QB Andy Reid seems to think he can be. He has shown a few flashes, but hasn't done it for an entire game yet. Need to see that for a few games in a row before I will believe it's more than just a hope/dream/wish.

ChiefsCountry
10-28-2013, 11:47 AM

I know this is EXACTLY what is happening. They are afraid to actually buy in and cheer for him, because if he loses, then they will be broken hearted again. That's some b*tch sh*t. That is the exact OPPOSITE of what a true fan is.

Ah good point. So they are like battered women? I'm starting to feel bad...

Very good post. You won't make a dent in the stupid.. but your efforts are commendable. :D

http://www.troll.me/images/leave-jimmy-alone/leave-us-alone-so-we-can-circle-jerk-in-peace.jpg

Jakemall
10-28-2013, 11:48 AM
If you're going to "win now", you better win it all. NOW.

I get it, but not every QB gets to win now..in fact, only one does..does that mean the other top 10 QBs should quit?

So back to the question..what is enough to get you on the bandwagon so to speak?

Jakemall
10-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Once? :cuss:

I will back down when Alex Smith consistently plays like the QB Andy Reid seems to think he can be. He has shown a few flashes, but hasn't done it for an entire game yet. Need to see that for a few games in a row before I will believe it's more than just a hope/dream/wish.

I hope you know I didn't mean it litterally "once" it's just a phrase.

JF08
10-28-2013, 11:49 AM

Fighting the good fight. :banghead:

duncan_idaho
10-28-2013, 11:50 AM

"Haters?" Maybe they say that. There are a few that would qualify as hating Alex Smith. But there's also a lot of this...

The bar hasn't changed.

Or this...

Yeah, why should it stop? Everything the rational posters have been saying has turned out to be true. He is who we thought he was... but yeah, 8 years plus 8 games isn't enough time.

The "have some patience" thing is kind of amusing though... all we've been doing is waiting to see if anything changes, while others jumped on his bandwagon after the first week or two, if they weren't already on it. It's not like any of us can do anything else.

And the Manning thing is a strawman.

l4z4rd
10-28-2013, 11:50 AM

This. Some people seem to forget Meyer's assessment of Smith before he was drafted. Smith needs to fully digest and understand the playbook from cover to cover before he's fully comfortable with the system. With 6 different OCs in his first 6 seasons, he never had the opportunity to get comfortable with the playbook before having to learn a new one. In 2012, his first season playing under the same OC as the previous season, he did pretty well.

JF08
10-28-2013, 11:51 AM
I get it, but not every QB gets to win now..in fact, only one does..does that mean the other top 10 QBs should quit?

So back to the question..what is enough to get you on the bandwagon so to speak?

Do not let SDH back down from this. I REALLY want to know what it will take for him (and the other haters to get on the bandwagon). Because if it's a Super Bowl win, they won't even get to enjoy it!

Carlota69
10-28-2013, 11:52 AM
http://www.troll.me/images/leave-jimmy-alone/leave-us-alone-so-we-can-circle-jerk-in-peace.jpg

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Sandy Vagina
10-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Fighting the good fight. :banghead:

Ah... I remember the days. It is pointless though. Look around at the other KC sites and see that their fans are happy and intelligent. And there are some intelligent fans here.. but they get drowned out by the very vocal and redundant minority that cry about everything and allow themselves no room for optimism.

You have a couple of choices, really... appreciate the humor in the vocal minority as they pout and wail their miseries... or just go to the other sites, if you can't appreciate it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 11:53 AM

Franchise QB.

JF08
10-28-2013, 11:54 AM
Franchise QB.

But what will make him such?

Bearcat
10-28-2013, 12:00 PM
http://mousebert.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/i-see-dumb-people-everywhere.jpg

Jakemall
10-28-2013, 12:00 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFL

easily entertained.... :D

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 12:01 PM
But what will make him such?

He will be drafted between rounds 1 and 2. He will be capable of managing a game, though he will not be by definition a "game-manager". He will perform multiple reads of the field, and find receivers who are open. He will have excellent pocket-awareness and be able to make plays with his legs if necessary. He may also from time to time throw the much-dreaded INT, but that's okay because he is not a raging pussy and will make up for it on the next drive. He will sustain long drives and give the defense time to rest, so that they can continue to do their job at high level. Shall we continue?

Anyong Bluth
10-28-2013, 12:03 PM
And sacked six times, I lost count of the pressure's Alex did OK ;)

That's the part that I think is being overlooked. You wanna criticize him overall- fine, but yesterday he got shit for protection, picked up 40 scrambling, his completion % was fine, and you can point out his poor throws on longer attempts, but they were getting pressure and it has an effect. Sure, he has to get better, but his play was an improvement from the previous 2 weeks. Andy already said he's going to be looking at his decision on the plays he called in the second half, and said that's in part to blame on him because he called the plays and didn't do a good job of adjusting to the changes the Browns made at halftime.
It's not to make an excuse for his play overall, because there are spots you can have valid criticism of his play, just as you can see he did better in some areas this last game. It's just important to realize that everything is not solely to blame on Smith, and if people want to be honest and objective about it, then this last game is hardly the result of Alex not playing well with plenty of room to be critical of the line or as Andy fully admitted, his playcalling for the 2nd half. Completion %, QB rating, yards, 2 tds, not turnovers, etc kind of indicate that he was not the source of issue, though missed opportunities are fine to discuss reasonable, but some are a bit too negative in their assessment if you really look at his last performance.

petegz28
10-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Come on, people.....let's make it 9 straight weeks of "Alex Sucks!!!"

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 12:05 PM

IN.

Mr. Plow
10-28-2013, 12:06 PM
WTF is going on in here?

JF08
10-28-2013, 12:06 PM
He will be drafted between rounds 1 and 2. He will be capable of managing a game, though he will not be by definition a "game-manager". He will perform multiple reads of the field, and find receivers who are open. He will have excellent pocket-awareness and be able to make plays with his legs if necessary. He may also from time to time throw the much-dreaded INT, but that's okay because he is not a raging pussy and will make up for it on the next drive. He will sustain long drives and give the defense time to rest, so that they can continue to do their job at high level. Shall we continue?

I stopped reading after "he will be drafted."

What is with you and the virginal complex? Is it really so bad that your QB played for another NFL team before yours? Not to mention he was traded for TWO draft picks, so in that sense, he is "yours."

The bottom line is regardless of what success Smith and the Chiefs have, you will not be able to enjoy it. You have boxed yourself in with a self-made mental prison. Good luck with that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 12:07 PM
I stopped reading after "he will be drafted."

What is with you and the virginal complex? Is it really so bad that your QB played for another NFL team before yours? Not to mention he was traded for TWO draft picks, so in that sense, he is "yours."

The bottom line is regardless of what success Smith and the Chiefs have, you will not be able to enjoy it. You have boxed yourself in with a self-made mental prison. Good luck with that.

Your loss.

petegz28
10-28-2013, 12:08 PM
WTF is going on in here?

Watching people cry about our QB for going on 9 straight weeks. Just think, if we had a better QB we might be 8-0!!!!

whoman69
10-28-2013, 12:09 PM
Except the 2 passes he missed that likely break the game open to wide open receivers. He should have been 25/34 with over 300 yards and 4 TD's, but hey only fantasy QB's do that shit.

That's arena football/Herm

Sure you can. YPA was terrible, he missed some easy throws for scores, and the offense managed just 31 yards of total offense in the second half. Davone Bess muffing the punt (and also dropping several key passes) covers up how wide open the Chiefs offense left the door yesterday.

What if Cleveland had managed a late drive? How would you feel about the blown, wide-open TD passes then? How would you feel about the complete stalling-out and ineptitude of the offense in the 2nd half then?

Didn't say that he had a perfect game, just said that he made improvement. Obviously we should have had a few TDs to replace some FGs. From the post-game interview Alex realizes that as well. He's not Manning, Brees, Rodgers etc. but he's playing closer to them then what he has been which was closer to Cassel territory.

I am of the camp the Alex is not the QB we needed. However the fact that he's playing closer to what he did with the 49ers than what he has played this year so far is a good sign. He's never going to be elite. If he can cut down those mistakes and continue to avoid turnovers then he can be effective. As much as I respect what Trent Green did when he was here, this team had way too many three and outs sandwiched in between the touchdowns. This team grinds it out. We get first downs that keeps our defense off the field even if we don't put the ball in the endzone and that helps us win.

jd1020
Is it really so bad that your QB played for another NFL team before yours? Not to mention he was traded for TWO draft picks, so in that sense, he is "yours."

It's common practice in the NFL that teams trade their stud franchise QBs and then they go on to win championships on their 2nd+ team.

Just look at all of the success the Chiefs have had following this model for the last 3 decades.

BigCatDaddy
Watching people cry about our QB for going on 9 straight weeks. Just think, if we had a better QB we might be 8-0!!!!

Just think, if we had a better defense we wouldnt be 9-0!!!! / 2003 Chiefs

Jakemall
10-28-2013, 12:12 PM

I'm sure we can make it to 20 given the opportunity.

Mr. Plow
10-28-2013, 12:20 PM

You should start a thread about it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 12:26 PM
You should start a thread about it.

LMAO

Anyong Bluth
10-28-2013, 12:29 PM
Here is Alex's stats halfway through the season. Still no game over 300 yds passing and his accuracy PCT is way off.

I would give him a B-/C+ so far this year.

PROS:

He has made big plays with his feet
INT's are low and some not his fault
Will throw ball away rather than sack or INT

CONS:

Too many missed TD passes
Accuracy questionable
Not enough Bowe
Not enough deep balls

Fair assessment. Plenty of room for improvement, and spotty line play. Accuracy on longer throws is a concern, but is it possible that could get better with getting more familiar as a team and the offense as they play together?

People flew off the handle when Green got here because we had the same issues with a spotty line protection, and he had the same struggles keeping the offense on the field, hitting his receivers, and had a lot more turnovers. Alex got the ball to at least 7 and it might have been as many as 9 different guys yesterday- that shows tremendous ability to quickly survey the field and get the ball to the right place. He obviously has to get more consistent on some of his throws. But, for how ever many passes he has been off the mark with to our guys, how many drops do we have that he got the ball to his guy and they simply didn't make the catch. If the 2 missed throws being discussed yesterday are fair criticism, then the same degree of critical opinion should be talked about our guys dropping balls.

I'll have to look it up, but I'm sure we are easily in the bottom third for dropped balls, and it would not surprise me if we were in the top 5 of teams with most dropped balls.

The focus of negative attention seems skewed to what Alex does and doesn't do, but so much less outrage by the lines inconsistent play, or missed blocks - even by jamal this year, and dropped passes seem to be totally overlooked for some reason- and just off the top of my head I know Charles is either 5 or 6 in the league alone for most drops of all players in the league this season.

SPATCH
10-28-2013, 12:33 PM
I am an Alex Smith nay-sayer, but I can definitely be won over. In fact, I WANT to be won over very badly (which may not be true for some other posters).

He hasn't done enough (individually) to win me over, though. I thought he was overrated by the national media when he was in San Fran and he hasn't changed my opinion thus far.

NinerDoug
10-28-2013, 12:47 PM
Didn't say that he had a perfect game, just said that he made improvement. Obviously we should have had a few TDs to replace some FGs. From the post-game interview Alex realizes that as well. He's not Manning, Brees, Rodgers etc. but he's playing closer to them then what he has been which was closer to Cassel territory.

I am of the camp the Alex is not the QB we needed. However the fact that he's playing closer to what he did with the 49ers than what he has played this year so far is a good sign. He's never going to be elite. If he can cut down those mistakes and continue to avoid turnovers then he can be effective. As much as I respect what Trent Green did when he was here, this team had way too many three and outs sandwiched in between the touchdowns. This team grinds it out. We get first downs that keeps our defense off the field even if we don't put the ball in the endzone and that helps us win.

That was my thought as well. Helping to win the time of possession battle helps your D quite a bit.

Bearcat
10-28-2013, 12:54 PM

The Lamar Hunt trophy is handed out far too late in the season... it should be handed out at the end of October so the fans have a chance to see the trophy every few seasons.

They deserve it.

Anyong Bluth
10-28-2013, 12:56 PM
Not including week 8, as it's not over and hasn't been updated yet, we are 7th in the NFL for most passes dropped in the NFL.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 12:57 PM
The Lamar Hunt trophy is handed out far too late in the season... it should be handed out at the end of October so the fans have a chance to see the trophy every few seasons.

They deserve it.

LMAO

bshmerlie
10-28-2013, 01:14 PM
If the Chiefs find a way to beat Denver week ten ...then....maybe then...people will stop the negativity.

....but probably not....I think some prefer the 2-14 season. They just want to bitch.

8-0 ....no other team can say that.

ptlyon
10-28-2013, 01:18 PM
If the Chiefs find a way to beat Denver week ten ...then....maybe then...people will stop the negativity.

If they do no doubt. They don't play week 10.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 01:18 PM
8-0 is fleeting. Franchise QB's who can make that a yearly possibility, not so much.

Brock
10-28-2013, 01:22 PM

....but probably not....I think some prefer the 2-14 season. They just want to bitch.

9-0....no other team can say that /2003

Pitt Gorilla
10-28-2013, 01:23 PM
8-0 is fleeting. Franchise QB's who can make that a yearly possibility, not so much.Who is this franchise QB that you want so badly?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 01:25 PM
Who is this franchise QB that you want so badly?

Meet this years Sweets Nomination.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

There will be a nomination every year, combined with relentless hating, until the dream comes to fruition.

NinerDoug
10-28-2013, 01:27 PM

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

There will be a nomination every year, combined with relentless hating, until the dream comes to fruition.

lol

BigCatDaddy
10-28-2013, 01:29 PM

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

HE'S BLACK!!! Obviously the next Vince Young.

Bearcat
10-28-2013, 01:30 PM

Yeah, the only explanation on why fans aren't sold after a bunch of regular season wins with the worst SoS in the league from a franchise that's won 13 games multiple times but has absolutely nothing to show for it in the past 20 years, is they like to complain.

derp

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 01:31 PM

Obviously!

Marcellus
10-28-2013, 01:53 PM
Yeah, the only explanation on why fans aren't sold after a bunch of regular season wins with the worst SoS in the league from a franchise that's won 13 games multiple times but has absolutely nothing to show for it in the past 20 years, is they like to complain.

derp

No I think there is a real disconnect. Many people cant see that Andy Reid, Alex Smith, and this current Chiefs team have absolutely nothing to do with the other teams that went 13-3 and lost.

If you want to hang your hat on you know whats going to happen, be my guest. Sounds like fun.

Marcellus
10-28-2013, 01:54 PM

That's an insult to Vince Young. Young was a winner in college and didn't shit down his leg in big games.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 01:55 PM
That's an insult to Vince Young. Young was a winner in college and didn't shit down his leg in big games.

So...draft Tebow then?

Marcellus
10-28-2013, 01:56 PM
So...draft Tebow then?

You are one stupid mother fucker.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 01:57 PM
No I think there is a real disconnect. Many people cant see that Andy Reid, Alex Smith, and this current Chiefs team have absolutely nothing to do with the other teams that went 13-3 and lost.

If you want to hang your hat on you know whats going to happen, be my guest. Sounds like fun.

It's not the personnel involved, dummy. It's the method. The proven, proven, proven method.

Sorry you can't or choose not to see that.

Marcellus
10-28-2013, 01:59 PM
It's not the personnel involved, dummy. It's the method. The proven, proven, proven method.

Sorry you can't or choose not to see that.

We aren't playing Marty ball you idiot.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 01:59 PM
We aren't playing Marty ball you idiot.

I know. I'd feel better about our chances if we were.

GoChargers
10-28-2013, 02:15 PM
It's almost an unfathomable jump from the likes of a CMU to the NFL.
Disagreed. It's been proven over and over again that what school a player went to doesn't matter once they get to the pros - they either have NFL talent or they don't.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Disagreed. It's been proven over and over again that what school a player went to doesn't matter once they get to the pros - they either have NFL talent or they don't.

Brandon Carr.

Bearcat
10-28-2013, 02:58 PM

It's incredibly simple to see that, but why would that matter? It's not like one person was responsible for all of those seasons. There was a lot of hope for Carl and Marty and their retread QBs... there was a lot of hope with DV... there was a lot of hope with Herm (ok, jk).. there was a ton of hope when Carl left and Pioli brought in his retread QB...

So, this regime and retread QB is different how? There are many reasons to believe it'll be different, but it's not like we've never thought that before... it's not like we've never thought THIS regime knows how to win in this league and THIS time it'll be different. Then they pick up Alex Smith, and all we can do is hope there's a bigger plan in place... again. It's been a great turnaround, etc; we've discussed it enough. It's not about 'knowing' what will happen, it's about not spending the all the time and money watching hollow wins when I've already done that for 20+ years. Obviously there are a lot of people who are willing to spend hundreds of dollars and several hours each week to watch them beat the Browns or Raiders.... more power to them. If people want 'win now', they've gotten exactly what they want. :shrug:

Halfcan
10-28-2013, 03:10 PM
8-0 Undefeated! First Place in the Division!! Go Chiefs!!! Best record in the NFL! Biggest turn around in NFL history.

Chiefs will be heading to the Playoffs!

What an awesome time to be a Chiefs fan!!

BigCatDaddy
10-28-2013, 03:14 PM
8-0 Undefeated! First Place in the Division!! Go Chiefs!!! Best record in the NFL! Biggest turn around in NFL history.

Chiefs will be heading to the Playoffs!

What an awesome time to be a Chiefs fan!!

Agreed!

The team is flawless! 19-0 Baby!

Bowser
10-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Alex will never ever be a fantasy football stud. I accept that. I guess I'll just have to resign myself to watching him play safe, not turn the ball over, and win games (sure it can be debated as to if he's the reason his team wins or some other facet, but whatever. His record speaks for himself).

I'm just going to have to find a way to enjoy watching my team win even though I know he'll never have a 400+ yard passing day while bringing us back from being down 21 with 7 minutes to go.

Easy 6
10-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Alex will never ever be a fantasy football stud. I accept that. I guess I'll just have to resign myself to watching him play safe, not turn the ball over, and win games (sure it can be debated as to if he's the reason his team wins or some other facet, but whatever. His record speaks for himself).

I'm just going to have to find a way to enjoy watching my team win even though I know he'll never have a 400+ yard passing day while bringing us back from being down 21 with 7 minutes to go.

Bowser, my man.

Halfcan
10-28-2013, 03:43 PM
Agreed!

The team is flawless! 19-0 Baby!

Yes they are in the win column- the only stat that matters.

Anyong Bluth
10-28-2013, 04:46 PM

Fair enough, and the roster is made up and money spent on guys to run a scheme that they shouldn't be faced with being down by 21. Of course it can happen, but those circumstances dictate that our play and / errors already put us in a position that we're not likely to win and outside the normal way the team plays, such as turning the ball over a few times and giving the other team a short field or defensive score, or mistakes by the D to give up big plays and easy scores.

Ya, sloppy play and errors are going to be an issue when you place the burden on the D, an NO team has much success if they're taken out of their game plan and their strengths are neutralized- just like Indy did with Denver. Every team will be susceptible to losing when they can't dictate playing to their advantages.

This team may just have a margin of error that is a bit more unsettling because the scores are closer week to week. They'll lose a game and have to regroup, which is better than last year where it was they'll eventually be able to put together a good enough performance to pull out a win hopefully.

The itch to get not only back to the playoffs isn't going to appease longtime fans even if we just hit an all time low last year. It can't just be winning in the regular season for a lot of people.

The bar is unreasonably set at winning in the playoffs- even though what they are doing now has never been done in the history of the league from 1 season to this one. Ya, regular season record is nice, but if anyone had a choice between a 9 -7 season and 1 playoff win, or going 13-3, 14-2 and lose in the 1st playoff game, of course they pick option 1.

Close games, and an easier schedule to start the season, has made people dying for a real contender nervous and questioning if this fantastic start is going to leave them feeling burned if they come up empty again in the playoffs.

BigCatDaddy
10-28-2013, 07:10 PM

So far.

BigCatDaddy
10-28-2013, 07:11 PM

So far. I guess we have to wait until they lose to point out flaws, heh?

Hammock Parties
10-29-2013, 05:39 PM
alex sure is goofy

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXx9a_CCMAEXm07.jpg:large

Kaepernick
10-29-2013, 06:40 PM
alex sure is goofy

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXx9a_CCMAEXm07.jpg:large

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HwbE3bPvzr4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I found an Alex highlight film.