PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

splatbass
10-29-2013, 06:56 PM
Yeah, why should it stop? Everything the rational posters have been saying has turned out to be true.

Wait, you think you, Clay, and Sweet Daddy Hate are rational posters? ROFL

Hammock Parties
10-29-2013, 06:57 PM

What's more rational? Believing that Alex Smith is a waste of our time, or that he's going to lead us to the Super Bowl?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-29-2013, 06:58 PM
What's more rational? Believing that Alex Smith is a waste of our time, or that he's going to lead us to the Super Bowl?

Option "A", please.

Bowser
10-29-2013, 06:59 PM

Considering the odds of ANY team making the Super Bowl with quarterbacks not named Manning, Brady, Brees, or Rodgers, just how rational are NFL fans in general?

lcarus
10-29-2013, 07:01 PM
You guys just can't handle the undeniable fact that Alex Smith will be hoisting the Lombardi Trophy over his head in February. It will be so glorious that my clothes will be covered in fecal matter, semen, urine, tears, slobber, relish, blood, and deli mustard.

Bowser
10-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Question -

How come Matthew Stafford hasn't won a Super Bowl yet?

Rausch
10-29-2013, 07:04 PM

Just being a Chiefs fan demands you believe the impossible to begin with.

Like you getting in shape and getting laid or me not getting letters in the mail twice a year for further DNA paternity tests.

We both believe, eventually, it'll change.

Even if it won't.

But, we believe...

Rausch
10-29-2013, 07:05 PM
You guys just can't handle the undeniable fact that Alex Smith will be hoisting the Lombardi Trophy over his head in February.

Yeah, 'cause that would fucking ruin my day...

lcarus
10-29-2013, 07:05 PM

Like you getting in shape and getting laid or me not getting letters in the mail twice a year for further DNA paternity tests.

We both believe, eventually, it'll happen.

Even if it won't.

But, we believe...

The Chiefs chances aren't quite that slim, let's be honest here.

Rausch
10-29-2013, 07:06 PM
The Chiefs chances aren't quite that slim, let's be honest here.

No, but it totally explains the psychology behind why we are...

Sandy Vagina
10-29-2013, 07:07 PM
Question -

because prior to this season, Stafford is 1-23 (.042) against teams who finished the season with a winning record.

... but he can throw deeeeeep to Calvin!!! derp derp, splat!

lcarus
10-29-2013, 07:08 PM
Yeah, 'cause that would fucking ruin my day...

I wasn't including you in "you guys" so quit being more over sensitive than the head of Clay's penis.

Rausch
because prior to this season, Stafford is 1-23 (.042) against teams who finished the season with a winning record.

... but he can throw deeeeeep to Calvin!!! derp derp, splat!

Or because their defense has always sucked and they currently have a raving lunatic as a HC...

Bearcat

I was thinking more like duncan, OtWP and anyone else who has been saying the same level-headed stuff about Smith and the Chiefs' future over the past few months.

Rausch
10-29-2013, 07:09 PM
I wasn't including you in "you guys" so quit being more over sensitive than the head of Clay's penis.

NoT touchING thaT bit of UrndstUGH...

lcarus
10-29-2013, 07:10 PM
NoT touchING thaT bit of UrndstUGH...

I wouldn't recommend touching his bit either. Might explode all over your carpet.

splatbass
10-29-2013, 07:12 PM
Come on, people.....let's make it 9 straight weeks of "Alex Sucks!!!"

The more games they win the more these guys get pissed at Alex Smith.

JF08
10-29-2013, 07:13 PM

We both believe, eventually, it'll change.

Even if it won't.

But, we believe...

Great post.

Rausch
10-29-2013, 07:13 PM
I wouldn't recommend touching his bit either. Might explode all over your carpet.

I'm fucking cooking here...

lcarus
10-29-2013, 07:14 PM
I'm fucking cooking here...

:)

Bearcat
10-29-2013, 07:14 PM
Question -

Because he's in his 3rd full season and doesn't have much help outside of the passing game.

Rausch
10-29-2013, 07:15 PM
Great post.

It's much easier to pull you lurkers out that way.

Otherwise it's like plucking ticks...

Bowser
Because he's in his 3rd full season and doesn't have much help outside of the passing game.

But STATS.

Your logic is irrelevant.

Sweet Daddy Hate
The more Alex sucks it up on the field, in the undeniable throes of regression, the more these guys get pissed at Alex Smith.

You're welcome.

Rausch
10-29-2013, 07:16 PM
But STATS.

Your logic is irrelevant.

TELL HIM!

BEAT HIM DOWN WITH STATISTICS!1!

Bearcat
10-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Are people really trying to make a point against Stafford at this point in his career and considering (or not considering) the team he's on, over a mediocre quarterback? JFC. :facepalm:

Bowser
10-29-2013, 07:18 PM
Are people really trying to make a point against Stafford at this point in his career and considering (or not considering) the team he's on, over a mediocre quarterback? JFC. :facepalm:

Heh. You're overthinking it.

Rausch
10-29-2013, 07:18 PM

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3208/2910950130_ac99c40a63.jpg

lcarus
10-29-2013, 07:19 PM

If he hasn't won a Super Bowl at this point, he's pretty much shit. Detroit's stupid if they don't start drafting better talent at the position. If the guy could get his face out of Fiona Apple's crotch for 10 seconds he might do ok out there.

Bearcat
10-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Heh. You're overthinking it.

Wasn't so much aimed towards you... I've seen it discussed in other threads lately like it's an actual debate.

STATS? 5000 yards, 41 TDs... but he threw an intereception or something in his first playoff game that ended 56-53 so he sucks.

Bowser
10-29-2013, 07:21 PM
If he hasn't won a Super Bowl at this point, he's pretty much shit. Detroit's stupid if they don't start drafting better talent at the position. If the guy could get his face out of Fiona Apple's crotch for 10 seconds he might do ok out there.

Stafford's face? That's one god awful big crotch she has to fit that face in there.

Rausch
10-29-2013, 07:22 PM

Wait, really?

He's nailing that?

I'm just.......ahem, cough.....just saying that...well...

lcarus
10-29-2013, 07:22 PM
Stafford's face? That's one god awful big crotch she has to fit that face in there.

Well she did date David Blaine in the 90s. I can only imagine how stretched out it became after he pulled rabbits and basketballs out of there (check out his unaired special sometime)

Bearcat
10-29-2013, 07:23 PM

The average play in football only lasts 6 seconds, so there's some room for compromise there.

lcarus
10-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Wait, really?

He's nailing that?

Nope. I just wanted to make a Fiona Apple reference to spice things up in here. It was getting stuffy.

Rausch
10-29-2013, 07:25 PM
The average play in football only lasts 6 seconds, so there's some room for compromise there.

Yeah, but odds are she's holding the rope.

It'd be hard to believe he's the one leading her anywhere...

splatbass
10-29-2013, 07:26 PM
You're welcome.

Don't change my posts, asshole. You're opinion is STUPID. And IGNORANT. And SIMPLISTIC. And CHILDISH. You're a moron, plain and simple.

Rausch
10-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Nope. I just wanted to make a Fiona Apple reference to spice things up in here. It was getting stuffy.

Oh, man, that's not fair.

Most us fatty-goatee-sporters don't follow that #@it.

Low blow...

Rausch
10-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Don't change my posts, asshole. You're opinion is STUPID. And IGNORANT. And SIMPLISTIC. And CHILDISH. You're a moron, plain and simple.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Thor-Hammer-Slam-to-Ground.gif

$#it just got real...

Bearcat
10-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Yeah, but odds are she's holding the rope.

It'd be hard to believe he's the one leading her anywhere...

It's fine, their left tackle is so fucking slow, even a quickie on the sidelines with the clock running down in the 4th isn't a big deal.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Please change my posts. I am somewhat ignorant in my views, and would appreciate all the help I can get.

I'm here to help.

lcarus
10-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Oh, man, that's not fair.

Most us fatty-goatee-sporters don't follow that #@it.

Low blow...

I don't either. Hell for all I know, Stafford is hitting that. A little past her prime for a guy of his stature, but who knows. I do know that I wanted to bang Miss Apple. Ya know, back when I was a 13 year old and would have banged a 240V electrical outlet if it was wearing those purple panties she wore in that skanky "Criminal" video.

Rausch
10-29-2013, 07:30 PM
It's fine, their left tackle is so ****ing slow, even a quickie on the sidelines with the clock running down in the 4th isn't a big deal.

Still talking about the Lambs here I'd assume...

Rausch
10-29-2013, 07:33 PM
I don't either. Hell for all I know, Stafford is hitting that. A little past her prime for a guy of his stature, but who knows. I do know that I wanted to bang Miss Apple. Ya know, back when I was a 13 year old and would have banged a 240V electrical outlet if it was wearing those purple panties she wore in that skanky "Criminal" video.

I was 22 and just finding out she was still illegal in her first album.

I was doing a paper on Maya Angelou and a ton of her...already bored.

She was hot and (at the time) I wanted to fuck her BECAUSE of her "mind."

RealSNR
10-29-2013, 07:36 PM

He hasn't won a Super Bowl.

But that doesn't mean Eli and Flacco are good! Because they're not! But Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer aren't necessarily bad, either!

Look, it's complicated, alright?

ChiefsCountry
10-29-2013, 07:37 PM
Question -

He isn't 27/28. That's the age they start winning ships.

splatbass
10-29-2013, 07:38 PM
I'm here to help.

Are you 10? Because I know 10 year olds that are more mature than you. Smarter too. And know more about football.

lcarus
10-29-2013, 07:39 PM
He hasn't won a Super Bowl.

But that doesn't mean Eli and Flacco are good! Because they're not! But Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer aren't necessarily bad, either!

Look, it's complicated, alright?

I think we should all just put the books and calculators down for a while and just watch our team continue to shatter skulls out there.

lcarus
10-29-2013, 07:41 PM
I was 22 and just finding out she was still illegal in her first album.

I was doing a paper on Maya Angelou and a ton of her...already bored.

She was hot and (at the time) I wanted to fuck her BECAUSE of her "mind."

She was underage in that video? I did not know that. But I was 13 so it didn't matter to me.

On a side note, the video with Fiona Apple and Zach Galifaaifnakaikis is pretty good stuff.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/u09s0uz0tEU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rausch
10-29-2013, 07:45 PM
I think we should all just put the books and calculators down for a while and just watch our team continue to shatter skulls out there.

But then we'd have to rely on our teams to do the talking.

Like normal fans.

Instead of adopting a completely neurotic and obsessive-complusive culture predicated on immediate gratification.

I HAVE RAPED YOUR FANTASY TEAM IN THE FACE WITH SALT AND BLESSED RODS FROM THE LOCAL BISHOP OF MY LARP TEAM AND SYNAGOGUE!

Rausch
10-29-2013, 07:49 PM
She was underage in that video? I did not know that. But I was 13 so it didn't matter to me.

On a side note, the video with Fiona Apple and Zach Galifaaifnakaikis is pretty good stuff.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/u09s0uz0tEU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm feeling pretty good about that.

I think - 25 lbs dropped and less the beard that's me.

So you're saying I have a chance?...

Reerun_KC
10-29-2013, 07:50 PM
But then we'd have to rely on our teams to do the talking.

Like normal fans.

Instead of adopting a completely neurotic and obsessive-complusive culture predicated on immediate gratification.

I HAVE RAPED YOUR FANTASY TEAM IN THE FACE WITH SALT AND BLESSED RODS FROM THE LOCAL BISHOP OF MY LARP TEAM AND SYNAGOGUE!

I larped your mom. Does that count?

Rausch
10-29-2013, 07:50 PM
I larped your mom. Does that count?

Your games seriously lack imagination...

VONDIPSHIT
10-29-2013, 07:51 PM
Without reading the 500 plus pages this is what Alex Smith brings you guys. I know you don't want to hear it but it is the truth. He will keep you guys good enough to fill the seats but not good enough to actually be a threat in the playoffs. You guys will also be good enough to stay out of the top end of the draft where you could actually land the QBOTF without keep trying catch lightning in the bottle with 2 nd picks or later.

lcarus
10-29-2013, 07:51 PM
I'm feeling pretty good about that.

I think - 25 lbs dropped and less the beard that's me.

So you're saying I have a chance?...

Keep the 25 and gain the beard and you're in like Flynn. Or Stafford. Fuck Flynn.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Without reading the 500 plus pages this is what Alex Smith brings you guys. I know you don't want to hear it but it is the truth. He will keep you guys good enough to fill the seats but not good enough to actually be a threat in the playoffs. You guys will also be good enough to stay out of the top end of the draft where you could actually land the QBOTF without keep trying catch lightning in the bottle with 2 nd picks or later.

The Troll speaks wisdom.

Brock

Well, we all know you aren't going anywhere, your qb is falling apart in week 8. And your coach is retarded.

Reerun_KC
Your games seriously lack imagination...

She said the same thing. Also i am just messing you.

Bearcat
10-29-2013, 07:58 PM

98 pages FTW.

TheUte
10-29-2013, 07:58 PM
Or because their defense has always sucked and they currently have a raving lunatic as a HC...

In other words. It's not just about the QB, it's about the team.

aturnis
10-29-2013, 08:22 PM

You think the guy who shares the same opinion of Alex Smith, as 48 year old Moms on Facebook who can't name 4 football positions is rational?

Sorter
10-29-2013, 08:24 PM

LMAO

JF08
10-29-2013, 08:31 PM
Alex Smith rankings:

DYAR: 17th
DVOA: 17th
QBR: 18th

*I'd post the link, but CP has yet to allow me to do so. Ridiculous... (Got these from Football Outsiders.

As most of the Smith backers have said, he's been playing at a mid-tier level. The stats back up that statement. He hasn't needed to press for more because the defense has allowed him to play conservatively. Statistically, Smith has generally had better stats when playing from behind, as his conservative style of play does not lend itself to "fantasy football" type stats. But it does lend itself to wins...

Rausch
10-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Keep the 25 and gain the beard and you're in like Flynn. Or Stafford. **** Flynn.

I'm kinda' fat in the face.

I'm probably more like a tubby Stafford...

lcarus
10-29-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm kinda' fat in the face.

I'm probably more like a tubby Stafford...

Eh some chicks like that shit. I'm pretty skinny but have a beer belly. Terrible combination. I either need to get a 6 pack or gain more fat on the rest of my body to match the belly. I'll probably go with option B since I'm lazy.

aturnis
10-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Wait, really?

He's nailing that?

I'm just.......ahem, cough.....just saying that...well...

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/201394/rs_560x415-131004121744-1024.fiona-apple-portland-performing.mh.100413.jpg

Bearcat
10-29-2013, 09:05 PM
You think the guy who shares the same opinion of Alex Smith, as 48 year old Moms on Facebook who can't name 4 football positions is rational?

8-0, he must be good!

splatbass
10-29-2013, 09:05 PM
LMAO

Well, I'm not a self-proclaimed football genius like you, but I at least know more than SDH's simplistic shit about how we only need a 1st round QB (no matter who it is), that "fatties" don't matter at all, and that losing with Geno would be better than being 8-0 with Alex.

Rausch
10-29-2013, 09:07 PM
http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/201394/rs_560x415-131004121744-1024.fiona-apple-portland-performing.mh.100413.jpg

Time is a motherfucker...:eek:

Sorter
10-29-2013, 09:08 PM
Well, I'm not a self-proclaimed football genius like you, but I at least know more than SDH's simplistic shit about how we only need a 1st round QB (no matter who it is), that "fatties" don't matter at all, and that losing with Geno would be better than being 8-0 with Alex.

I've never proclaimed anything of the sort.

LoneWolf
10-29-2013, 09:17 PM

All those playoff wins Manning has in Denver are a testament to his great play in the post-season. Enjoy the epic fall when Manning is done after this year, Von is suspended for a year, Welker starts breaking down, and Champ retires (not like he's been worth a fuck this year anyways).

lcarus
10-29-2013, 09:22 PM
All those playoff wins Manning has in Denver are a testament to his great play in the post-season. Enjoy the epic fall when Manning is done after this year, Von is suspended for a year, Welker starts breaking down, and Champ retires (not like he's been worth a fuck this year anyways).

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/H6QlbKt3qcE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

splatbass
10-29-2013, 09:22 PM

No, you just come into threads and tell people how they don't understand football like you do.

Rausch
10-29-2013, 09:24 PM

But you did appear to be smart before you dumped your old (Loki) avatar...

Tribal Warfare
10-29-2013, 09:34 PM

Hey Cracky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get the pipe or blow, it's getting cold up in here.

VONDIPSHIT
10-29-2013, 09:38 PM
All those playoff wins Manning has in Denver are a testament to his great play in the post-season. Enjoy the epic fall when Manning is done after this year, Von is suspended for a year, Welker starts breaking down, and Champ retires (not like he's been worth a **** this year anyways).

Deflect to Denver all you want but it doesn't change the fact that Alex Smith is your QB and the Chiefs struggle to score 20 pts a game even though they are winning the turnover battle by a large margin. How do you plan on winning a game when a SD, Denver, or Indy puts up just 24 pts let alone the 40 pts that Denver has been? Are you going to let Alex Smith air it out 50 times? LOL

lcarus
10-29-2013, 09:39 PM
Deflect to Denver all you want but it doesn't change the fact that Alex Smith is your QB and the Chiefs struggle to score 20 pts a game even though they are winning the turnover battle by a large margin. How do you plan on winning a game when a SD, Denver, or Indy puts up just 24 pts let alone the 40 pts that Denver has been? Are you going to let Alex Smith air it out 50 times? LOL

http://isportsweb.com/wp-content/uploads//2013/10/video-chiefs-rb-jamaal-charles-talks-upcoming-nfl-season-shocking-career-move.jpg
http://educatedignorance.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/4243091199_b6c942ffa0_o.gif

ratchet
10-29-2013, 09:40 PM

I think ur an idiot. Denver won't score 40 on us. they might score 24 or 21 and we can match that. Denver has one of the worst ranked pass offenses so can we put up 24 27? It's very possible

VONDIPSHIT
10-29-2013, 09:43 PM
I think ur an idiot. Denver won't score 40 on us. they might score 24 or 21 and we can match that. Denver has one of the worst ranked pass offenses so can we put up 24 27? It's very possible

You do realize Denver managed to not let the ship sink when it's 4 top defenders were out. Honestly how do you think that KC would do without Johnson, Flowers, Hali and Houston? Denver's D is a lot better than you think. Look at last game for example and you will see that they shut down the Deadskins. They only had one sustained drive.

Chiefspants
10-29-2013, 09:45 PM
NOOOOB WAAAAARRR

Sorter
10-29-2013, 09:46 PM
No, you just come into threads and tell people how they don't understand football like you do.

Only when they post incorrect things.

Mav
10-29-2013, 09:52 PM

Lets just clarify. Im sure you mean defense.

LoneWolf
10-29-2013, 10:02 PM

Remind me again how many points Denver's high powered offense scored in the first half against the vaunted Washington defense. Washington abandoning the run and their turnoverpalooza is what turned that game in Denver's favor.

MotherfuckerJones
10-29-2013, 10:06 PM
You do realize Denver managed to not let the ship sink when it's 4 top defenders were out. Honestly how do you think that KC would do without Johnson, Flowers, Hali and Houston? Denver's D is a lot better than you think. Look at last game for example and you will see that they shut down the Deadskins. They only had one sustained drive.

Congratulations. You beat the 2 win Redskins. Have a cookie and STFU

MotherfuckerJones
10-29-2013, 10:09 PM

No shit duh! Where'd ya park the squad car Dick Tracey?

VONDIPSHIT
10-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Remind me again how many points Denver's high powered offense scored in the first half against the vaunted Washington defense. Washington abandoning the run and their turnoverpalooza is what turned that game in Denver's favor.

What caused the Turnovers? The Denver D forced punts and a FF in the second half and turned the tide. This isn't the first time that Denver has ran the score up in a hurry for a half.

Mav
10-29-2013, 10:12 PM
No shit duh! Where'd ya park the squad car Dick Tracey?

The irony in what he posted...

THE BRONCOS ARE IN EXACTLY the same situation.

The Broncos will not be any closer than the Chiefs will.

Shrugs.

And their hope when Manning either has his neck broken, or leaves, is Brock Osweiler.

Mav
10-29-2013, 10:14 PM
What caused the Turnovers? The Denver D forced punts and a FF in the second half and turned the tide. This isn't the first time that Denver has ran the score up in a hurry for a half.

Will, NOT, HAPPEN, TO, THE, CHIEFS.

Don't take my word for it. The retard you are arguing with single puppy, is much more knowledgeable than I am.

But, the Chiefs don't turn the ball over.

Cant bank on that.

MotherfuckerJones
10-29-2013, 10:17 PM
Peyton Mannings the one turning the ball over lately. 4 turnovers last week?

VONDIPSHIT
10-29-2013, 10:20 PM
The Broncos will not be any closer than the Chiefs will.

Well the Bronco's can actually win the Superbowl this year. KC well they were a nice story and all but everyone knows they are paper tigers with that offense they have. Teams that live by strong D, weak O and lived off of high turnover diff flame out when it really counts.

MotherfuckerJones
10-29-2013, 10:22 PM
Well the Bronco's can actually win the Superbowl this year. KC well they were a nice story and all but everyone knows they are paper tigers with that offense they have. Teams that live by strong D, weak O and lived off of high turnover diff flame out when it really counts.

ROFL you're paper tigers with that shit stain of a defense.

LoneWolf
10-29-2013, 10:25 PM

Whereas teams with a great offense and a putrid defense have routinely had success in the playoffs. :rolleyes: Trent Green and the 2003 Chiefs say "sup".

Mav
10-29-2013, 10:32 PM

Really? I dunno. The ravens seemed to do alright.

I have more so noticed that teams based more on the offensive side of the ball, fail more often than not.

Unless you consider the Ravens of last year an OFFENSIVE power house.

Or the 49ers for that matter.

Neither one of those were offensive dynamos.

Sure, the broncos, CAN win the super bowl this year. So could the pats, packers, Saints, Cowboys.

I wont bet on any of them above Seattle, Sf, or Kc.

Mav
10-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Whereas teams with a great offense and a putrid defense have routinely had success in the playoffs. :rolleyes: Trent Green and the 2003 Chiefs say "sup".

The broncos last year say whatsup.

The 2011 15-1 packers say HI, Chiefs lone loss.

The 2007 pats.

Good post by you.

bigjosh
10-29-2013, 10:35 PM

to add to this, the 2011 patriots, 2009 colts, 2008 cards, and 2007 patriots also say HAI!

Mav
10-29-2013, 10:37 PM
to add to this, the 2011 patriots, 2009 colts, 2008 cards, and 2007 patriots also say HAI!

You would put that Cards team on there? That was a really good defense. Hell that was a great super bowl period.

But yeah.

Good list.

bigjosh
10-29-2013, 10:38 PM
The broncos last year say whatsup.

The 2011 15-1 packers say HI, Chiefs lone loss.

The 2007 pats.

Good post by you.

2010 is really the only super bowl I remember that one of these firepower offenses with a mediocre to poor d won it all.

bigjosh
10-29-2013, 10:39 PM
You would put that Cards team on there? That was a really good defense. Hell that was a great super bowl period.

But yeah.

Good list.

what I was getting at is that it was a "high flying superpower offense"

you are right though I was hesitant to put them on there.

but they did have a fuck of a good offense with warner there.

Mav
10-29-2013, 10:42 PM
what I was getting at is that it was a "high flying superpower offense"

you are right though I was hesitant to put them on there.

but they did have a **** of a good offense with warner there.

oh absolutely. Not questioning it. Thought they were one of the more balanced teams, and that the Cards, Steelers was one of the better super bowls in a long time.

You are correct.

Mav
10-29-2013, 10:43 PM
2010 is really the only super bowl I remember that one of these firepower offenses with a mediocre to poor d won it all.

Well, their d much like the 2011 Giants, were completely different animals in the playoffs.

The packers and im not even sure how, with everyone on the IR, just torched people.

BJ Raji, Nick Collins, all just ferocious.

Shogun
10-29-2013, 10:43 PM

so....... kind of like Peyton Manning flames out when it counts? oh....

GoChargers
10-30-2013, 01:01 AM
Teams that live by strong D, weak O and lived off of high turnover diff flame out when it really counts.
I don't disagree - but teams with Peyton Manning at quarterback usually flame out when it really counts too.

MotherfuckerJones
10-30-2013, 05:26 AM
He's 1 and done like 8 of his 12 appearances

MotherfuckerJones
10-30-2013, 05:26 AM
He's 1 and done like 8 of his 12 appearances

mdchiefsfan
10-30-2013, 05:32 AM
Oh, and he's 1 and done like 8 of his 12 appearances

:D

Bearcat
10-30-2013, 05:46 AM
Wait, so we've now come to the conclusion that the best all around teams have the best shot at winning in the playoffs?

Crazy talk.

Mr. Plow
10-30-2013, 07:30 AM
Wait, so we've now come to the conclusion that the best all around teams have the best shot at winning in the playoffs?

Crazy talk.

Stupid theory.

Sandy Vagina
10-30-2013, 07:59 AM
Alex Smith rankings:

DYAR: 17th
DVOA: 17th
QBR: 18th

*I'd post the link, but CP has yet to allow me to do so. Ridiculous... (Got these from Football Outsiders.

As most of the Smith backers have said, he's been playing at a mid-tier level. The stats back up that statement. He hasn't needed to press for more because the defense has allowed him to play conservatively. Statistically, Smith has generally had better stats when playing from behind, as his conservative style of play does not lend itself to "fantasy football" type stats. But it does lend itself to wins...

Good post that shouldn't be overlooked. Yes, the KC offense... for all the crying here about it.. is currently ranked 16th in the league for efficiency. Not a number to strut around with extreme pride.. but it sure isn't the dumpster-fire that folks here are pouting about. :thumb:

dannybcaitlyn
10-30-2013, 08:10 AM
Good post that shouldn't be overlooked. Yes, the KC offense... for all the crying here about it.. is currently ranked 16th in the league for efficiency. Not a number to strut around with extreme pride.. but it sure isn't the dumpster-fire that folks here are pouting about. :thumb:

I believe the fans are frustrated because there are many times this year the offense could have put the nail in the coffin during some games but were unable to capitalize on the opportunity.

Bearcat
10-30-2013, 08:12 AM
Stupid theory.

Anyone who's ever wanted a franchise quarterback knows eleventy championships are guaranteed when you have a quarterback who throws for 6000 yards, even if your defense gives up 30 points per game.

It's either that or have a really good defense with no offense.

There's no point in discussing any other options, because they simply don't exist.

Sandy Vagina
10-30-2013, 09:02 AM
I believe the fans are frustrated because there are many times this year the offense could have put the nail in the coffin during some games but were unable to capitalize on the opportunity.

I find myself frustrated with that as well... but the difference is... a win at the end of the day leaves that frustration at the door. All about the win. Once the win occurs, there is no useful purpose for frustration. That doesn't mean you overlook areas that need work... it just means you don't bitch and moan incessantly every day after the win.

Mr. Plow
10-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Anyone who's ever wanted a franchise quarterback knows eleventy championships are guaranteed when you have a quarterback who throws for 6000 yards, even if your defense gives up 30 points per game.

It's either that or have a really good defense with no offense.

There's no point in discussing any other options, because they simply don't exist.

Exactly. QBOTHOWLEGBWHNQBOTH!!!

SeeingRed
10-30-2013, 10:53 AM
27-5-1

Bearcat
10-30-2013, 10:57 AM

notorious
10-30-2013, 10:59 AM
DAMNIT.

If Alex would have completed 2 EASY TD PASSES I would feel a lot better about him.

Passes like that are going to haunt us when it counts the most.

Jakemall
10-30-2013, 11:10 AM

So, new HC, QB, Playbook and the offense is average in the first 8 games of the season.

Slackers.

ThaVirus
10-30-2013, 11:11 AM

The Skins' coaching staff put unnecessary pressure on a still injured and inexperienced RGIII.

They ran Alfred Morris three straight times from around the 12 yard line and he scored the TD to put them up 14-7. Inexplicably, he didn't touch the ball again until 5 Washington drives later.

When the elite Demaryius Thomas got completely "outmuscled" by Deangelo leading to the pick 6, Alfred Morris and Roy Helu should have been the go-to guys. For all of MagicHef's puffing his chest out about that amazing run defense, Morris and Helu were getting off.

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 11:12 AM
So, new HC, QB, Playbook and the offense is average in the first 8 games of the season.

Slackers.

The new coach and playbook thing sure hampered Cutler and Rivers.

Sandy Vagina
10-30-2013, 11:16 AM

Slackers.

hehe, yep... jerks should be top 5 easily with those elite OL and recievers!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d60/xxXblackcherrysoda/gif/funny.gif

l4z4rd
10-30-2013, 11:18 AM
The new coach and playbook thing sure hampered Cutler and Rivers.

Cutler and Rivers have been playing with the almost the same offensive roster for years. They have built chemistry that doesn't come after 8 games.

JF08
10-30-2013, 11:23 AM
I find myself frustrated with that as well... but the difference is... a win at the end of the day leaves that frustration at the door. All about the win. Once the win occurs, there is no useful purpose for frustration. That doesn't mean you overlook areas that need work... it just means you don't bitch and moan incessantly every day after the win.

How do I put this in my signature?

loochy
10-30-2013, 11:28 AM
How do I put this in my signature?

by buying a jug of anti freeze, pouring it into a nice tall glass, and chugging it

or by climbing a burning aids tree

Mr. Plow
10-30-2013, 11:29 AM

Slackers.

So now the excuse is back to "they need time to gel". How much time do they need so that we can all adequately judge them?

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 11:29 AM
Cutler and Rivers have been playing with the almost the same offensive roster for years. They have built chemistry that doesn't come after 8 games.

So it's a new system, but they have chemistry using that new system? LMAO

Mr. Plow
10-30-2013, 11:30 AM
So it's a new system, but they have chemistry using that new system? LMAO

They can't yet, it's only week 8.

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 11:33 AM
They can't yet, it's only week 8.

Right! I think he needs to look at Brees first year in New Orleans and how long it took for him to gel with the new team LMAO

NinerDoug
10-30-2013, 11:34 AM
So now the excuse is back to "they need time to gel". How much time do they need so that we can all adequately judge them?

You don't need excuses for winning. If you lose a few, that's the time to talk excuses.

Back in the Nolan Singletary days, there were games when Alex had good stats, and we lost anyway. The talk then was "no moral victories, W's are all that count."

Trent Dilfer has a ring. No excuses necessary.

Bearcat
10-30-2013, 11:35 AM

Exactly... after the Giants game it was "we told you, they just needed time to gel!"

Didn't seem like Keenum needed time to gel in his first NFL game... he was throwing 20+ yards down field, and if I didn't know any better, I'd think that was more of a mid-season thing for a 9 year vet, according to this thread..... certainly not something a rookie can do in his first game. Of course, if you ask others though, a 1.1 QB should be capable of doing it... I guess it's easier to train a n00b than replace all of those bad habits of an 8 year vet, or something.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-30-2013, 11:36 AM
Right! I think he needs to look at Brees first year in New Orleans and how long it took for him to gel with the new team LMAO

Brees is a top 3 QB in the NFL. Why would you use him? No one here thinks Alex is a top 10 QB.

loochy
10-30-2013, 11:39 AM

We also know that dilfer sucked and the Bucs would have been even better with a better QB

Mr. Plow
10-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Exactly... after the Giants game it was "we told you, they just needed time to gel!"

Didn't seem like Keenum needed time to gel in his first NFL game... he was throwing 20+ yards down field, and if I didn't know any better, I'd think that was more of a mid-season thing for a 9 year vet, according to this thread..... certainly not something a rookie can do in his first game. Of course, if you ask others though, a 1.1 QB should be capable of doing it... I guess it's easier to train a n00b than replace all of those bad habits of an 8 year vet, or something.

These are professionals, but each move is like starting over. They have to relearn how to play their position and damn if relearning QB with every move isn't tough. And the fact that no "gelling" can begin until the regular season starts really sucks for all those off season practices & preseason.

Mr. Plow
10-30-2013, 11:41 AM
You don't need excuses for winning. If you lose a few, that's the time to talk excuses.

Back in the Nolan Singletary days, there were games when Alex had good stats, and we lost anyway. The talk then was "no moral victories, W's are all that count."

Do you think Dilfer winning the ring was the rule or the exception to the rule?

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Brees is a top 3 QB in the NFL. Why would you use him? No one here thinks Alex is a top 10 QB.

So the better the QB the quicker the gelling huh? LMAO

NinerDoug
10-30-2013, 11:47 AM

It was the rule for what can be done with a killer D and a merely competent QB.

Another thing that you want to consider is that Alex is a very conservative QB. He doesn't like to take chances, and he hasn't really faced any situations this season in which he had to take a lot of chances.

In the past, though, he has had to come from behind and has got the job done.

ShowtimeSBMVP
So the better the QB the quicker the gelling huh? LMAO

It's a whole lot quicker when you have top 3 stuff.

Bearcat
These are professionals, but each move is like starting over. They have to relearn how to play their position and damn if relearning QB with every move isn't tough. And the fact that no "gelling" can begin until the regular season starts really sucks for all those off season practices & preseason.

Complicated routes like "stop and go" require a lot of chemistry... it took me several weeks of flag football to get that one down. It took me 3 weeks alone to realize the instructions were for the receiver.

He stayed within the current century, so that's impressive. Weird how Dilfer's 12/25 153yd 1TD game didn't get him the MVP. :shrug:

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 11:48 AM

What stuff?

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-30-2013, 11:48 AM
527 pages of the same fight. Just sad.

Mr. Plow
10-30-2013, 11:49 AM
Complicated routes like "stop and go" require a lot of chemistry... it took me several weeks of flag football to get that one down. It took me 3 weeks alone to realize the instructions were for the receiver.

LMAO

loochy
10-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Another thing that you want to consider is that Alex is a very conservative QB. He doesn't like to take chances, and he hasn't really faced any situations this season in which he had to take a lot of chances.

I was a very conservative child. I didn't like to take chances, so I wouldn't ride a roller coaster for fear of barfing. I never really faced any situation as a child where I had to take those kind of chances.

But hey, I never barfed, right?

I was a very conservative teenager. I didn't like to take chances, so I wouldn't ask that hot girl out for fear of rejection. I never really faced any situation as a teenager where I had to take those kind of chances.

But hey, I never got rejected, right?

As you can see from the above narratives, there is another word that comes to mind that could be used interchangeably with "conservative."

ayleswbj
10-30-2013, 11:51 AM
A lot of talk on here about what Alex screws up but not a lot of talk about how bad your offensive like is. Its pretty terrible. Jamal Charles is in line to touch the ball over 400 times and only on pace for 1200 yards rushing an even is on pace to catch 80 balls. Blame Alex all you can, but the O-line is the major problem. Him having played with the best O-line in football the last 2 years, his YPA were nearly at the Top as was his compl %. We seem to forget the Chiefs were 2-14 last year, there is still alot of work to be done and not just 8 games worth. Im talkin a whole nother offseason. I predict by the 12th game Alex will be right around 63-64%. He has a way of figuring things out. Dude is a winner, gotta give him that. Even with a leaky O-line.

Bearcat
10-30-2013, 11:51 AM
It was the rule for what can be done with a killer D and a merely competent QB.

In the past, though, he has had to come from behind and has got the job done.

Yep... another good reason to patiently wait and to not put much stock into the first 8 games. I guess there's a chance the defense really is THAT good and he won't ever have to play from behind by more than a touchdown... but, I doubt it (well, they might be that good, but it's bound to happen anyway).

Mav
10-30-2013, 11:52 AM
A lot of talk on here about what Alex screws up but not a lot of talk about how bad your offensive like is. Its pretty terrible. Jamal Charles is in line to touch the ball over 400 times and only on pace for 1200 yards rushing an even is on pace to catch 80 balls. Blame Alex all you can, but the O-line is the major problem. Him having played with the best O-line in football the last 2 years, his YPA were nearly at the Top as was his compl %. We seem to forget the Chiefs were 2-14 last year, there is still alot of work to be done and not just 8 games worth. Im talkin a whole nother offseason. I predict by the 12th game Alex will be right around 63-64%. He has a way of figuring things out. Dude is a winner, gotta give him that. Even with a leaky O-line.

While I personally don't have a problem with what you say. And I agree with you.

The response by a lot of people is not going to be kind.

Sorry boss.

Mav
10-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Yep... another good reason to patiently wait and to not put much stock into the first 8 games. I guess there's a chance the defense really is THAT good and he won't ever have to play from behind by more than a touchdown... but, I doubt it (well, they might be that good, but it's bound to happen anyway).

Alex has shown the stones already as a chief to be extremely clutch though.

So, im not really sure that would be that big of a deal.

JENKINSWINS
10-30-2013, 11:54 AM
I was a very conservative child. I didn't like to take chances, so I wouldn't ride a roller coaster for fear of barfing. I never really faced any situation as a child where I had to take those kind of chances.

I was a very conservative teenager. I didn't like to take chances, so I wouldn't ask that hot girl out for fear of rejection. I never really faced any situation as a teenager where I had to take those kind of chances.

As you can see from the above narratives, there is another word that comes to mind that could be used interchangeably with "conservative."

But Alex has a hot wife and takes chances by putting on a Chiefs uniform every game in front of a bad Oline, so there's no way you can call him whatever you're thinking of.

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 11:55 AM

What stuff?

Well?

Mr. Plow
10-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Well?

Stuff man, stuff.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Well?

1.Brees can make every throw on the field.
2.Brees has the best footwork by a QB in the NFL.
3.Leadership
4. Decision-making
5. Accurate passing

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 12:03 PM
1.Brees can make every throw on the field.
2.Brees has the best footwork by a QB in the NFL.
3.Leadership
4. Decision-making
5. Accurate passing

I'm not seeing how that relates to "gelling" and why it takes longer for Alice to gel than it did Brees?

Is Brees hitting a wide open Fasano for a TD where as Alice misses him because of lack of "gelling", or lack of talent?

NinerDoug
10-30-2013, 12:03 PM

But hey, I never barfed, right?

But hey, I never got rejected, right?

I like how you edited out the second part, about taking the chances when it's necessary.

The roller coaster analogy is ridiculous.

Here's how the hot girl analogy works: He's not asking them out right now, because they are asking him out. You have to wait for a Saturday Night coming up with no plans to see what he does.

And as I mentioned, he has shown that he can and will ask the girl out in that situation, and can and does get laid.

loochy
10-30-2013, 12:04 PM
I like how you edited out the second part, about taking the chances when it's necessary.

The roller coaster analogy is ridiculous.

Here's how the hot girl analogy works: He's not asking them out right now, because they are asking him out. You have to wait for a Saturday Night coming up with no plans to see what he does.

And as I mentioned, he has shown that he can and will ask the girl out in that situation, and can and does get laid.

ROFL These analogies make me laugh

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-30-2013, 12:05 PM
I'm not seeing how that relates to "gelling"?

Like i said, Show me a QB not in the top 10 gelling with WR in 8 weeks.

NinerDoug
10-30-2013, 12:06 PM

How about three TDs? And having to do it in the second half? He did it against the Eagles in 2011. Does that not count because he was with the Niners at that time?

Bearcat
10-30-2013, 12:15 PM
How about three TDs? And having to do it in the second half? He did it against the Eagles in 2011. Does that not count because he was with the Niners at that time?

We've been through the history several times... I know he's had comebacks, I know he won a playoff game against the Saints. Average QBs can have good days or even great days. That stuff gives people hope, but consistency is key, and of course what he does as a Chief is much more important to us than what he did in the past.

So, we wait.

Mr. Plow
10-30-2013, 12:17 PM

When do you consider the gelling completed....QB knows where WR is going to be & puts the ball there? WR running the correct routes? QB not missing wide open passes? Passes not sailing over the heads of open receivers?

JENKINSWINS
10-30-2013, 12:18 PM
I'm not seeing how that relates to "gelling" and why it takes longer for Alice to gel than it did Brees?

Is Brees hitting a wide open Fasano for a TD where as Alice misses him because of lack of "gelling", or lack of talent?

Fasano is not the fastest TE out there and has been plagued with injury all year. If you were wiser you would understand that there was a loss of "gelling/chemistry" because Fasano hasn't been practicing for the last couple of weeks and isn't playing at full health.

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 12:23 PM

:facepalm: So Alice is missing wide open guys because of gelling, right?

notorious
10-30-2013, 12:25 PM
:facepalm: So Alice is missing wide open guys because of gelling, right?

This.

Completing a pass to a wide-open receiver is fundamental stuff. I don't know what Smith's problem is. :(

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 12:25 PM
Fasano is not the fastest TE out there and has been plagued with injury all year. If you were wiser you would understand that there was a loss of "gelling/chemistry" because Fasano hasn't been practicing for the last couple of weeks and isn't playing at full health.

So Alice sees Fasano streaking wide open down the field, he's not able to judge how far to throw the ball based on the current speed Fasano is running? What if he doesn't get a clean release off the line? Is that an excuse to screw up missing a wide open pass because when he got a free release in practice he was able to get to "x" spot, but since he was jammed Alice can't adjust?

Nightfyre
10-30-2013, 12:27 PM
http://beautymarksthespotreviews.weebly.com/uploads/8/0/9/2/8092015/9163768.jpg

JENKINSWINS
10-30-2013, 12:27 PM
When do you consider the gelling completed....QB knows where WR is going to be & puts the ball there? WR running the correct routes? QB not missing wide open passes? Passes not sailing over the heads of open receivers?

Every QB that has played at least 1 game has done all of what you mentioned. How can "gelling" ever get completed when the team hasn't even hit the field with all of the starters they planned on going in with this season?

Now, name 1 QB that has scored enough points to win every game against the opposing defense not named Alex Smith?

Nightfyre
10-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Alexcuse after alexcuse.

Nightfyre
10-30-2013, 12:31 PM
It's a good thing Jason Campbell wasn't gellin' or he would have completed every pass guys!

JENKINSWINS
10-30-2013, 12:34 PM
So Alice sees Fasano streaking wide open down the field, he's not able to judge how far to throw the ball based on the current speed Fasano is running? What if he doesn't get a clean release off the line? Is that an excuse to screw up missing a wide open pass because when he got a free release in practice he was able to get to "x" spot, but since he was jammed Alice can't adjust?

Let me put it like this. He rarely missed Vernon Davis on any kind of pass and over the last 3 seasons as a 49er I don't think Vernon Davis ever missed a game or practice due to injury.

Mr. Plow
10-30-2013, 12:36 PM
You guys are probably right. Once the gelling is completed in 2-3 years, watch out. We gonna roll!

Bearcat
10-30-2013, 12:41 PM
Well, most of you are more more objective and intelligent than Ripamaru, so there's that...

loochy
10-30-2013, 12:42 PM
Are you gellin'?

I'm gellin' like a felon.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XmCyulrusIY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sandy Vagina
10-30-2013, 12:42 PM
You guys are probably right. Once the gelling is completed in 2-3 years, watch out. We gonna roll!

8 weeks, and we are 16th in efficiency. Is it that hard to believe we might just be 10th in 4 weeks? 7th in 8 weeks? Don't think top 10-12 is good enough to propel KC into a SB? :hmmm:

NinerDoug
10-30-2013, 12:43 PM
We've been through the history several times... I know he's had comebacks, I know he won a playoff game against the Saints. Average QBs can have good days or even great days. That stuff gives people hope, but consistency is key, and of course what he does as a Chief is much more important to us than what he did in the past.

So, we wait.

In my opinion, what you have now is consistency. Conservative consistency. And you will probably have the good games when they are necessary. You will never have Aaron Rodgers throwing 30 to 40 or more TDs a season. If that's the kind of consistency you are waiting for, give it up, it ain't gonna happen.

I understand the frustration. Went through a season and a half of it myself. It's more fun to watch a game in which your offense is scoring lots of points, than a game in which you win by your D holding your opponent's score down. It's been great since CK took over, and 99% of Niners fans are happy about it.

On the other hand, the slinging it down the field all the time Mike Vick style and losing is much less fun. Or having incompetent coaching and sucking all around. No fun at all.

But 99% of us were about 1000% happier in 2011 and 2012 than we had been in the previous eight seasons.

Mr. Plow
10-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Slinging it down the field is now referred to as "Mike Vick style"?

Bearcat
10-30-2013, 12:52 PM
8 weeks, and we are 16th in efficiency. Is it that hard to believe we might just be 10th in 4 weeks? 7th in 8 weeks? Don't think top 10-12 is good enough to propel KC into a SB? :hmmm:

Outside of major pieces coming back from injury, I'd be pretty surprised to see that offenses in the past have jumped from 16th to 7th in the last two months of the season, depending on the exact stat you're looking at.

My guess is that offenses are basically what they're going to be by then or even get figured out over time... but, even if they do improve, that's a huge jump statistically after 8 weeks (again, depending on the exact stat).

NinerDoug
10-30-2013, 12:54 PM
Slinging it down the field is now referred to as "Mike Vick style"?

Well, forgive me, I was thinking about our game in 2011. I think he put up over 400 yards and still lost.

Phillip Rivers last season? Interception machine.

Point: Any QB can sling it down the field all the time and put up lots of yards. Doing it with very few turnovers is restricted to a relatively small elite class of QB. You don't have one.

But he does get the job done.

Bearcat
10-30-2013, 12:55 PM
In my opinion, what you have now is consistency. Conservative consistency. And you will probably have the good games when they are necessary. You will never have Aaron Rodgers throwing 30 to 40 or more TDs a season. If that's the kind of consistency you are waiting for, give it up, it ain't gonna happen.

I understand the frustration. Went through a season and a half of it myself. It's more fun to watch a game in which your offense is scoring lots of points, than a game in which you win by your D holding your opponent's score down. It's been great since CK took over, and 99% of Niners fans are happy about it.

On the other hand, the slinging it down the field all the time Mike Vick style and losing is much less fun. Or having incompetent coaching and sucking all around. No fun at all.

But 99% of us were about 1000% happier in 2011 and 2012 than we had been in the previous eight seasons.

I hate hyperbole.

I care about scoring points when needed and about the overwhelming evidence that great defenses still have to rely on their offense to at least occasionally put up 30+ points when they're going toe to toe with the best offenses in the league.

NinerDoug
10-30-2013, 12:58 PM
I hate hyperbole.

I care about scoring points when needed and about the overwhelming evidence that great defenses still have to rely on their offense to at least occasionally put up 30+ points when they're going toe to toe with the best offenses in the league.

You're right. We've been over this before. Divisional playoff game against the Saints. The Catch III. Occasionally.

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 12:58 PM
Let me put it like this. He rarely missed Vernon Davis on any kind of pass and over the last 3 seasons as a 49er I don't think Vernon Davis ever missed a game or practice due to injury.

So how come Dree Bress lit it up without time to "gel"? How come Rivers inspite of the revolving door or WR's gels with them right off the bat? How come good QB's gel so quickly and medicore QB's take years to "gel"?

Warner with the Cards?

Gannon with Raiders?

Is it time to gel or is that Alice isn't a good QB?

Mr. Plow
10-30-2013, 12:59 PM
I hate hyperbole.

We are at a point where the question to ask is "Can our defense stop the top offenses?" Because that is the key question. If the answer to it is "Yes", then our offensive production COULD be sufficient for long term success. If the answer to that question is "No", we are in trouble.

Can our defense hold Denver under 45 points or whatever the fuck they are scoring a game? Yeah, I think we can. But, can our defense keep them in the 14-24 point range?

Mr. Plow
10-30-2013, 01:00 PM
I don't watch it, but the Pro Bowl must be horribly boring without all the gelling that is needed for an offense to work.

l4z4rd
10-30-2013, 01:03 PM
I don't watch it, but the Pro Bowl must be horribly boring without all the gelling that is needed for an offense to work.

The Pro Bowl is a glorified exhibition game. It's high scoring because the defense doesn't give a ****.

JF08
10-30-2013, 01:04 PM

Great! Let's just trade for Brees!

NinerDoug
10-30-2013, 01:04 PM

Pretty much. I don't watch it either.

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Great! Let's just trade for Brees!

You're missing the point. Good QB's are good QB's off the bat, they don't 8 weeks to "gel".

Mr. Plow
10-30-2013, 01:09 PM
The Pro Bowl is a glorified exhibition game. It's high scoring because the defense doesn't give a ****.

Clearly I was serious.

Bearcat
10-30-2013, 01:09 PM
You're right. We've been over this before. Divisional playoff game against the Saints. The Catch III. Occasionally.

Yep, and when it was brought up 2 months ago, I said I'd like to see that more... a few times over 8 years with the 49ers doesn't really mean much right now. Like I said a little bit ago, any average quarterback can have a good or even great day.

Denver twice, Indy, at least one playoff game, maybe the Chargers or Redskins... no reason to keep saying he's capable of having a good game (when no one has been arguing that) when he'll surely have a couple of chances to prove himself in the 2nd half of the season.

Bearcat
10-30-2013, 01:15 PM
We are at a point where the question to ask is "Can our defense stop the top offenses?" Because that is the key question. If the answer to it is "Yes", then our offensive production COULD be sufficient for long term success. If the answer to that question is "No", we are in trouble.

Can our defense hold Denver under 45 points or whatever the **** they are scoring a game? Yeah, I think we can. But, can our defense keep them in the 14-24 point range?

Yep, it takes a really damn good defense to make up for a mediocre offense, and maybe that's what the Chiefs have this season... they've certainly shown it up to this point, and given one game, I'd be pretty confident they could win a game against one of the top offenses... over the course of a post season though (whether it's this season, next, whatever) against the best QBs in the league each week, you really do need a once in a decade kind of defense.

BossChief
10-30-2013, 01:21 PM
They are hitting Alex hard on NFL insiders.

BossChief
10-30-2013, 01:23 PM
"the Chiefs are concerned over Alex Smiths conservative play" is the headline they are discussing.

ayleswbj
10-30-2013, 01:24 PM
So how come Dree Bress lit it up without time to "gel"? How come Rivers inspite of the revolving door or WR's gels with them right off the bat? How come good QB's gel so quickly and medicore QB's take years to "gel"?

Warner with the Cards?

Gannon with Raiders?

Because Alex Smith is doing this, with what is a 2-14 team. Put Brees Warner and Gannon out there and see. Brees will do better because frankly hes a better QB. Brees had his tough times as well dont forget. Your 50 million dollar receiver is terrible. He put up numbers last year because it was garbage time all day long. He was the Carson Palmer of Receivers. Alex can take a bit of the blame, im sure he doesnt mind sitting at 8-0, but be real. Your best #1 rec is running in cement boots. Dude is the equivalent of a punched out boxer. He just looks shot out there. So who else is there to even throw to besides Charles. Avery is ok, fasano cant stay healthy, Your receivers are as in as bad shape as Niners are right now.

Baby Lee
10-30-2013, 01:27 PM
It's more fun to watch a game in which your offense is scoring lots of points, than a game in which you win by your D holding your opponent's score down.

Speak for yourself. If I wanted to watch sprinters playing a game of catch, . . . well I'd find it somewhere, somewhere else than the NFL

Brock
10-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Because Alex Smith is doing this, with what is a 2-14 team. Put Brees Warner and Gannon out there and see. Brees will do better because frankly hes a better QB. Brees had his tough times as well dont forget. Your 50 million dollar receiver is terrible. He put up numbers last year because it was garbage time all day long. He was the Carson Palmer of Receivers. Alex can take a bit of the blame, im sure he doesnt mind sitting at 8-0, but be real. Your best #1 rec in running in cement boots. Dude is the equivalent of a punched out boxer. He just looks shot out there. So who else is there to even throw to besides Charles. Avery is ok, fasano cant stay healthy, Your receivers are as in as bad shape as Niners are right now.

This is utter bullshit. Bowe has put up numbers with winning teams losing teams.

Sandy Vagina
10-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Brees is further along with his overall development, so QBs like him would likely step into a new situation and play better than Smith. Goes back to the words of Urban Meyer, really. Brees and others have more natural improvisational skill.. whereas Smith isn't wired that way. With a crap OL blocking? Improvisation can be a great asset. At the same time though, and behind KC's OL? Brees would likely be on I.R. by now... and Smith's ability to run has clearly been helpful.

Still comparing a universally accepted elite QB to Smith is playing with a loaded deck.

Brock
They are hitting Alex hard on NFL insiders.

Where is the bootleneck in the chiefs offense...hmmm

Bearcat
Speak for yourself. If I wanted to watch sprinters playing a game of catch, . . . well I'd find it somewhere, somewhere else than the NFL

Baylor

ayleswbj
When he was younger, dude has faded and it shows on the field. Like many before his time. Some players go faster than others, they just dont last as long. Put on the tape, he runs by No One!

Bearcat
10-30-2013, 01:31 PM
Where is the bootleneck in the chiefs offense...hmmm

Same place it's been for the past 40 years... offensive line, obviously.

Sandy Vagina
10-30-2013, 01:32 PM

do you honestly disagree with that? or are you just saying?

Mr. Plow
10-30-2013, 01:33 PM

We should probably draft some linemen.

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 01:33 PM
Because Alex Smith is doing this, with what is a 2-14 team. Put Brees Warner and Gannon out there and see. Brees will do better because frankly hes a better QB. Brees had his tough times as well dont forget. Your 50 million dollar receiver is terrible. He put up numbers last year because it was garbage time all day long. He was the Carson Palmer of Receivers. Alex can take a bit of the blame, im sure he doesnt mind sitting at 8-0, but be real. Your best #1 rec is running in cement boots. Dude is the equivalent of a punched out boxer. He just looks shot out there. So who else is there to even throw to besides Charles. Avery is ok, fasano cant stay healthy, Your receivers are as in as bad shape as Niners are right now.

So you're saying the "gelling" line is bullshit?

ayleswbj
10-30-2013, 01:34 PM
This is utter bullshit. Bowe has put up numbers with winning teams losing teams.

His avg YPR have dipped for 4 straight seasons and by bad luck he signs a huge deal and Alex Smith is stuck with him.

Brock
10-30-2013, 01:35 PM
When he was younger, dude has faded and it shows on the field. Like many before his time. Some players go faster than others, they just dont last as long. Put on the tape, he runs by No One!

He has never "run by" anyone. Try again.

Mr. Plow
10-30-2013, 01:36 PM
His avg YPR have dipped for 4 straight seasons and by bad luck he signs a huge deal and Alex Smith is stuck with him.

Matt fucking Cassel didn't seem to hamper his abilities.

ayleswbj
10-30-2013, 01:38 PM
So you're saying the "gelling" line is bullshit?

No not at all, Im saying what was a 2-14 team last season has a long way to go. I really think by week 12-13 you guys may be in full effect. Smith spent most of his years in a numbered Turner system as opposed to one west coast with Mcarthy. I think its more of a talent thing with the whole team as opposed to gelling. The offense lacks the overall talent to be dominant.

Mr. Plow
Hell, he's on pace for his lowest targets since 2009 when he only played 11 games.

Brock

Keep moving those goalposts, little slugger. Whatever it takes to make it not alex's fault.

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 01:40 PM
No not at all, Im saying what was a 2-14 team last season has a long way to go. I really think by week 12-13 you guys may be in full effect. Smith spent most of his years in a numbered Turner system as opposed to one west coast with Mcarthy. <b>I think its more of a talent thing with the whole team as opposed to gelling. The offense lacks the overall talent to be dominant.</b>

So we need to have dominant WR's, RB, offensive line, AND defense and we'll be set and Alice will stop missing wide open passes. Got it.

Bearcat
10-30-2013, 01:40 PM
do you honestly disagree with that? or are you just saying?

It's the first place a lot of Chiefs fans point to when complaining about the offense. I think some people use it as a way to show they really know football... "a quarterback is only as good as his linemen!" "games are won in the trenches!" derp. It's not a lack of mobility or awareness or whatever... MOAR LINEMEN!

But yeah, this is one of the few seasons that it's been a legit argument, at least at times... it's just that some people seem to think other quarterbacks get 20 seconds in the pocket (I love hyperbole) each time they drop back. I guess people got used to the mid-90s and then the DV age with the best line in the league... most QBs don't have one of those lines and have to deal with it (but again, it's been pretty terrible this year). /soapbox

Sorter
10-30-2013, 01:43 PM
No not at all, Im saying what was a 2-14 team last season has a long way to go. I really think by week 12-13 you guys may be in full effect. Smith spent most of his years in a numbered Turner system as opposed to one west coast with Mcarthy. I think its more of a talent thing with the whole team as opposed to gelling. The offense lacks the overall talent to be dominant.

He's spent his last several years in a WCO.

Sorter
10-30-2013, 01:44 PM

LMAO

Brock
10-30-2013, 01:46 PM
So we need to have dominant WR's, RB, offensive line, AND defense and we'll be set and Alice will stop missing wide open passes. Got it.

Matt Cassel apologists a few years ago

BossChief
10-30-2013, 01:46 PM
The things some say to defend this teams shitty quarterbacks...

Bowe has shown DOMINANT ability.
Avery and McCluster have shown solid ability. League average or so.
Jamaal Charles has shown DOMINANT ability.

Alex Smiths ability to protect the ball is nice, but he also leaves a lot of plays unfinished because he doesn't have the mentality to finish them.

Avery is open a lot on deep routes, I don't want to hear otherwise. I saw it with my own eyes. Bowe had 2 steps on the defender on a deep cross and Alex threw the 6 yard pass on the same side of the field to DMC (iirc it was DMC). Alex has overthrown a "NFL open" receiver a lot, too.

Those are the "take what the defense gives you" passes that open up when a defense overcompensates to take away the short game.

If Alex can't capitalize, you get 31 yards in the second half at home against Cleveland.

hometeam
10-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Brees is further along with his overall development, so QBs like him would likely step into a new situation and play better than Smith. Goes back to the words of Urban Meyer, really. Brees and others have more natural improvisational skill.. whereas Smith isn't wired that way. With a crap OL blocking? Improvisation can be a great asset. At the same time though, and behind KC's OL? Brees would likely be on I.R. by now... and Smith's ability to run has clearly been helpful.

Still comparing a universally accepted elite QB to Smith is playing with a loaded deck.

I didn't know that 9 year veteran QB's that got picked 1.1 needed more time to develop.

NinerDoug
10-30-2013, 01:54 PM
He's spent his last several years in a WCO.

Last year and a half. Jimmy Raye was the OC under Singletary. Before him, it was Mike Martz (Alex was on IR the entire season), and before him it was the QBs coach promoted to OC, then Norv Turner the year before, and Mike McCarthy his first season.

Jakemall
10-30-2013, 02:03 PM
You're missing the point. Good QB's are good QB's off the bat, they don't 8 weeks to "gel".

you know examples could be made both ways, right?

Sorter
10-30-2013, 02:05 PM
Last year and a half. Jimmy Raye was the OC under Singletary. Before him, it was Mike Martz (Alex was on IR the entire season), and before him it was the QBs coach promoted to OC, then Norv Turner the year before, and Mike McCarthy his first season.

You can include this year as well.

So, 3.5 full years spent in a WCO with 2.5 being much more recent

Bearcat
10-30-2013, 02:07 PM

HOW DOES HE KEEP LANDING JOBS?!?!

NinerDoug
10-30-2013, 02:09 PM

Mike Singletary. (Or is he actually working now?).

Run, run, pass, punt. Run, run, pass, punt. Man, those were some exciting days.

Cool Gilligan hat though.

NinerDoug
10-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Senior offensive assistant for the Bucs. Not the same as OC I assume?

Mr. Plow
10-30-2013, 02:13 PM

LMAO

I was going to ask the same thing.

JENKINSWINS
10-30-2013, 02:14 PM

Warner with the Cards?

Gannon with Raiders?

Look at Kaepernick, they had to go back to smash mouth football because of 2 things. The offensive passing scheme sucks and so do his 2nd and 3rd string WRs. Now that teams are doubling Boldin and paying more attention to Vernon Davis, his gel is worse than Alex's. They're basically in the same situation, having limited good targets to throw to. I think Kaep's targets are by far better than KC's but Alex is doing better statically and in the win column.

hitchief
10-30-2013, 02:14 PM
I didn't know that 9 year veteran QB's that got picked 1.1 needed more time to develop.

Ah yes, brilliant once again to point out that its the QB and the QB only that time to develop.

This is getting silly and childish, talking as if Alex is holding this O back.

Please, if you don't know jack about football maybe it would be wise of some in here to go back to just playing Madden.

This WHOLE O is learning a new system. If not for Alex, this O would be far worse off and the team nowhere near 8-0.

They are only 8 games in people. This is not a video game. All 11 guys must learn a huge playbook and know it front and back and then on top of that know what each other is gonna do for every dam situation that can come up in a game. ITS NOT EASY AND WILL TAKE TIME.

Like I've said before, the greatest qb of all time, who happened to run this O, said it takes over 2 whole years for a O to run like a well oiled machine.

Whatever, done with you trolls who haven't got jack but crying all the time.

Mr. Plow
10-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Run, run, pass, punt. Run, run, pass, punt

Damn that gave me a chill.

Mr. Plow
10-30-2013, 02:16 PM
Look at Kaepernick, they had to go back to smash mouth football because of 2 things. The offensive passing scheme sucks and so do his 2nd and 3rd string WRs. Now that teams are doubling Boldin and paying more attention to Vernon Davis, his gel is worse than Alex's. They're basically in the same situation, having limited good targets to throw to. I think Kaep's targets are by far better than KC's but Alex is doing better statically and in the win column.

So the gel can come and go at times? Who has the gel and can we steal it?

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 02:17 PM
Ah yes, brilliant once again to point out that its the QB and the QB only that time to develop.

Please, if you don't know jack about football maybe it would be wise of some in here to go back to just playing Madden.

This WHOLE O is learning a new system. If not for Alex, this O would be far worse off and the team nowhere near 8-0.

They are only 8 games in people. This is not a video game. All 11 guys must learn a huge playbook and know it front and back and then on top of that know what each other is gonna do for every dam situation that can come up in a game. ITS NOT EASY AND WILL TAKE TIME.

Like I've said before, the greatest qb of all time, who happened to run this O, said it takes over 2 whole years for a O to run like a well oiled machine.

Rivers & Cutler this year. Try again.

ptlyon
10-30-2013, 02:17 PM

Pam, roll the tape of Alex missing 2 wide open receivers Sunday.

Jakemall
10-30-2013, 02:18 PM
Damn that gave me a chill.

More like run up the middle and a cloud of dust x3 and punt. There's no passing in his offense until you've fallen behind by more than 3 scores.

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 02:18 PM

Yes, it's sort of like mojo.

Mr. Plow
10-30-2013, 02:19 PM
More like run up the middle and a cloud of dust x3 and punt. There's no passing in his offense until you've fallen behind by more than 3 scores.

I hate you for making me remember that.

NinerDoug
10-30-2013, 02:21 PM

There's some gel here:

http://smncc.com/store/images/P/bathroom.jpg

Mr. Plow
10-30-2013, 02:22 PM
I'm going to steal all the gel and then all the QB's in the world will be like "Hey, Mr. Plow - can I get some gel over here?" And I'll be like "Yeah, but it's gonna cost you."

JENKINSWINS
10-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Rivers & Cutler this year. Try again.

Both of those QB's have been on their teams for awhile and playing with their main targets for years. Who happen to be top 10 in their positions WR and TE. Try again.

NinerDoug
10-30-2013, 02:23 PM

After he was fired, he claimed he was only doing what Singletary told him to do.

(I do believe that there was at least some truth to that).

ptlyon
10-30-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm going to steal all the gel and then all the QB's in the world will be like "Hey, Mr. Plow - can I get some gel over here?" And I'll be like "Yeah, but it's gonna cost you."

That ain't gel...

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Both of those QB's have been on their teams for awhile and playing with their main targets for years. Who happen to be top 10 in their positions WR and TE. Try again.

His whole point was 11 guys learning a new system. Those 2 teams have 11 guys learning a new system, so I'm not for sure why prior familarity in an old system is relevant. You guys are hilarious LMAO

Old ass Gates and whatever receiver isn't injured this week? Royal is back this week! Elite! LMAO

JENKINSWINS
10-30-2013, 02:28 PM
His whole point was 11 guys learning a new system. Those 2 teams have 11 guys learning a new system, so I'm not for sure why prior familarity in an old system is relevant.

Old ass Gates and whatever receiver isn't injured this week? Royal is back this week! Elite! LMAO

There's more to gel than just that and you know it. Playing time/familiarity with the same guys is just as important as time in a new system, it makes it an easier transition.

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 02:28 PM
After he was fired, he claimed he was only doing what Singletary told him to do.

(I do believe that there was at least some truth to that).

Given the QB situation that was a smart strategy.

Jakemall
10-30-2013, 02:30 PM
I hate you for making me remember that.

Well...gentlemen, I do believe my work here is done. o:-)

NinerDoug
10-30-2013, 02:32 PM

Really?

I thought it was pretty stupid. I have tended to think that Harbaugh is a smarter offensive mind, and had a winning strategy with that very same QB, but hey, opinions can differ.

Jakemall
10-30-2013, 02:40 PM

same qb situation and same offense players and defense players the following year, yet they went 13-3 with a different game plan.

doesn't sound so smart from a hindsight perspective.

9er guy
10-30-2013, 02:42 PM

Vernon has more yards and touchdowns than he did at this point last year with Smitty and is on pace for his first career 1,000 yard season. Teams may be paying more attention, but that hasn't mattered.

Anquan Boldin has more yards at this point this year than he did last year with Flacco and is on pace for a 1,000 yard season.

And that's with teams keying on both of these guys. And without a number 1 or 2/3 receiving option. (Whatever Manningham is)

That's hard to do.

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 02:43 PM
same qb situation and same offense players and defense players the following year, yet they went 13-3 with a different game plan.

doesn't sound so smart from a hindsight perspective.

Which was what? Cut back on Alice's attempts? It sounds like Harbaugh did what Jimmy said Mike told him to do.

NinerDoug
10-30-2013, 02:51 PM
Which was what? Cut back on Alice's attempts?

About 31 attempts per game in 2010. About 27 attempts per game in 2011.

I wouldn't consider that a huge cut back, especially when you consider that ST was giving us a really short field pretty much the entire season.

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 02:52 PM
About 31 attempts per game in 2010. About 27 attempts per game in 2011.

I wouldn't consider that a huge cut back, especially when you consider that ST was giving us a really short field pretty much the entire season.

10% fewer is significant and Alice has a marginal improvement in numbers. What about from 11 to 12?

JENKINSWINS
10-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Vernon has more yards and touchdowns than he did at this point last year with Smitty and is on pace for his first career 1,000 yard season. Teams may be paying more attention, but that hasn't mattered.

Anquan Boldin has more yards at this point this year than he did last year with Flacco and is on pace for a 1,000 yard season.

And that's with teams keying on both of these guys. And without a number 1 or 2/3 receiving option. (Whatever Manningham is)

That's hard to do.

Not being able to spread the ball around is going to hurt him, like it did against the Seahawks and Colts.

hometeam
10-30-2013, 02:57 PM

You are taking my quote out of context. The dude just said Alex Smith needs to develop as a QB before he can develop in the offense. I balked. Pretty simple. If you don't want to hear about how Alex Smith sucks, don't come into the fucking Alex Smith sucks thread.

Jakemall
10-30-2013, 02:57 PM
10% fewer is significant and Alice has a marginal improvement in numbers. What about from 11 to 12?

So you're really going to attribute Alex's improvement from 2010 to 2012 to limited attempts? I didn't realize football was so simple!?!?!?

That's amazing. Imagine what he could do for the chiefs if he just handed off the ball every down!!!

NinerDoug
10-30-2013, 02:58 PM

Significant increase in YPA. And if you have a great running game, why sling it?

NinerDoug
10-30-2013, 03:01 PM
So you're really going to attribute Alex's improvement from 2010 to 2012 to limited attempts? I didn't realize football was so simple!?!?!?

That's amazing. Imagine what he could do for the chiefs if he just handed off the ball every down!!!

If Jimmy Raye had only known. He could have just cut down the number of passes, and gone 13-3 like the 2011 team.

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 03:02 PM

Without a doubt. His attempts are way back up again this year and his numbers are shit again. Of course his ballwashers will attribute his suckage to the line, wr's, Charles, coaching, the wind, the sun,, and KC Wolf's smelly asshole, but there seems to be a STRONG correlation between his attempts per game and his numbers.

9er guy
10-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Not being able to spread the ball around is going to hurt him, like it did against the Seahawks and Colts.

If this was going to be the set line-up for the rest of they year, I might agree with you. But the calvary's coming.

Sandy Vagina
10-30-2013, 03:25 PM

Jamaal Charles is ranked 23rd in RB success rate... so please no... not a good recipe for KC success. http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/9360/deadhorse.gif

Sandy Vagina
10-30-2013, 03:27 PM
If this was going to be the set line-up for the rest of they year, I might agree with you. But the calvary's coming.

Is this a 49ers/Kaepernick site? no? Good... so GTFO. http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/3193/vikeslogo.gif

( did you at least smile? ) :p