PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Frosty
09-17-2013, 12:07 PM
What you are failing to understand is Alex's ability in pre-snap reads. All that run yardage isn't only a product of having good RBs or OL. It is in reading the D and calling the play that will take best advantage of that particular defensive call. That... goes to the QB. That is.. a big reason why Kaep has failed against Seattle. You can't often backyard ball your way into wins against good defenses. QBs must learn to read defenses pre and post snap.

Sure thing, Sparky. Did you read the link?

FTR, I was talking about the one game Mav brought up because it was one I remember watching last year. It was very clear at the time that the 49ers were struggling until they took the game out of Smith's hands. The article backs that up.

Mav
09-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Right, cuz Seattle's the same team now. :banghead:

They are essentially the same team as last year.

Lol. last year at least you could say the 49ers defense was hurt.

Was it hurt sunday?

HAHA. And like most don't think that the 49ers aren't better. Kap had the whole offseason as the starter, the LEADER, he was god after whooping up on the packers.

Whats the deal?

Who is making the excuses now

Frosty
09-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Really? Alex Smith went 7/8 with a td pass in the second half. The one incompletion, being the horrific INT in the redzone where Moss was open for about 3 days.

But, what changed was they started throwing over the middle backing up the lbs, which opened up the running lanes. That's called COACHING.

To say that Alex had nothing to do with a 13-6 win, when he threw the only td of the game is a bit much I think.

But to each their own.

So, having him throw only 8 passes in the second half of a tight game isn't taking the ball out of the QB's hands?

The 49ers were very lucky that Wilson was still in his struggling on the road phase.

JENKINSWINS
09-17-2013, 12:12 PM
Right, cuz Seattle's the same team now. :banghead:

Right, cuz SF is the same team now too.

Wasn't the excuse that the 9ers lost because they were hurt on defense, missing some key players. Aldon was hurt and Justin Smith was out?

The defense did their job and was healthy this year. Again, what happened?

Mav
09-17-2013, 12:12 PM
So, having him throw only 8 passes in the second half of a tight game isn't taking the ball out of the QB's hands?

The 49ers were very lucky that Wilson was still in his struggling on the road phase.

Well, if you are going to objectively look at things. The 49ers defense is really good as well. Did they not hold their own against Russell Wilson at home on Sunday?

8-19 142 yards?

And, if one were to objectively look at that game vs the Seahawks last year, one could say that it was another heavy weight fight, and the 49ers are built around their run game?

They took the ball out of Alex Smiths hands, and yet he was 7/8 in the second half because they adjusted from trying to throw deep, to throwing over the middle?

Again, that's called coaching.

Also, it was a game following the horrific game against the Giants, and it was a Thursday night game. None of that matters though.

Yeah, you are right. Kap the franchise qb, led the 49ers to a whopping 3 points, with 4 turnovers. His performance was clearly more impressive......

BigCatDaddy
09-17-2013, 12:13 PM
So Dilfer and Grossman = Alex smith now?

I would say no, but you can't tout Alice as a playoff winning QB without acknowleding that the fact he was on a team that won a playoff game doesn't mean much. You have dumbasses like Stevie say "stats are irrelevant, it's all about winning". Well if it's all about winning then Dilfer & Grossman are better than Alice. I believe a QB needs to win and be able to put up big numbers when needed. There are been plenty of examples of that already in the first 2 weeks by quarterbacks homers want to say Alice is better than or equal to, but yet have to acknowledge he isn't capable of doing what those three did. It's quite retarded, but hey homers will be homers.

Frosty
09-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Again, that's called coaching.

Right -coaching. Like playing to your strengths (defense and running game) and minimize your weaknesses (QB).

JENKINSWINS
09-17-2013, 12:15 PM

Wilson looked like he was struggling on Sunday, fortunately for him CK struggled more.

So what's your point?

JENKINSWINS
09-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Right -coaching. Like playing to your strengths (defense and running game) and minimize your weaknesses (QB).

I challenge you to look at how Seattle won on Sunday. Pull up the stats and come back here and keep saying what you're saying.

Alex Smiff
09-17-2013, 12:18 PM
And again he did it with an injured throwing hand. Oh wait...that's just a figment of my imagination...or he should have thrown it left handed. Alexcuses.

combined 1 TD in his last 3 games against Seattle, and yet you're pumping your chest about that. What was wrong with his finger the other games? You're such a clown.

Coogs
09-17-2013, 12:18 PM
Take it to a 69ers board.

Mav
09-17-2013, 12:19 PM

So, with this logic, should the 49ers have taken the ball out of Kaepernicks hands?

Im not in any way shape or form advocating that Alex Smith is a great, or elite qb, but, I would say that for the most part, Alex Smith does play to his strengths, and that is frowned upon by a lot of people.......

Kap got exposed on Sunday. They put their best corner on Boldin, bracketed Vernon, took away everything long, and stuffed the run.

They knew what I said all along. Kaep has short accuracy and touch issues that he hasn't fully developed yet. They also for the most part pocket contained him.

Mav
09-17-2013, 12:20 PM

u know, for a respected poster, that was a pretty pathetic post by you.

JENKINSWINS
combined 1 TD in his last 3 games against Seattle, and yet you're pumping your chest about that. What was wrong with his finger the other games? You're such a clown.

The bigger question is. What's wrong with you?

You should be on a 9ers board complaining about how BAD CK has been against Seattle not on here complaining about how Alex was able to win against them.

Mav
The bigger question is. What's wrong with you?

You should be on a 9ers board complaining about how BAD CK has been against Seattle not on here complaining about how Alex was able to win against them.

Again. He cant. hes banned.

stevieray
09-17-2013, 12:21 PM
You have dumbasses like Stevie say "stats are irrelevant, it's all about winning".

...hence the W-L column

Coogs
u know, for a respected poster, that was a pretty pathetic post by you.

You can stay. You add to this board.

Frosty
I challenge you to look at how Seattle won on Sunday. Pull up the stats and come back here and keep saying what you're saying.

They won pretty much the same way the 49ers won last year - strong defense and a strong running game, though their QB did hit some deep passes.

Get your panties untwisted long enough to understand that I was commenting on a single game that Mav brought up.

Mav
09-17-2013, 12:22 PM
...hence the W-L column

The stats aren't all that bad either. Hes on pace for 3200 yards 32 tds and 0 ints......

l4z4rd

its actually 2 TDs...which is still more than Kaepernick's total.

Mav
You can stay. You add to this board.

Lol, thanks bro...hehe

Alex Smiff
09-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Right, cuz SF is the same team now too.

Wasn't the excuse that the 9ers lost because they were hurt on defense, missing some key players. Aldon was hurt and Justin Smith was out?

The defense did their job and was healthy this year. Again, what happened?

What the fuck are you talking about you retard? The 9ers have a worse defense now than they did in Harbaugh's 1st season or even last year. The offensive weapons are WORSE! Doesn't matter who was injured last time. All you have to do is look at how the defense played against a lesser Seattle squad in the previous games. Seattle's a much improved team and it starts at QB.

Mav
They won pretty much the same way the 49ers won last year - strong defense and a strong running game, though their QB did hit some deep passes.

Get your panties untwisted long enough to understand that I was commenting on a single game that Mav brought up.

Right, and I get what you are saying. I thought the game plan in the first half was entirely wrong. They kept taking deep shots, and the Seattle Corners were killing the Sf receivers. Although, ALEX DID MISS KYLE WILLIAMS HORRIBLY in the first half, TWICE on deep balls.

But, with Alex Smith at qb, the 49ers had the number one rushing attack in the league. Im not sure how that would reflect badly on Alex Smith.

The 49ers cant run the ball at all this year.

JENKINSWINS

Bwahaha. Now you're starting to understand. It's not minimizing the QB's weaknesses it's taking advantage of what the defense is giving you. Something CK needs to do a better job of when playing Seattle.

JF08
09-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Why do so many people have a problem with Alex Smith's success? It's quite perplexing...

JF08
09-17-2013, 12:27 PM
What the **** are you talking about you retard? The 9ers have a worse defense now than they did in Harbaugh's 1st season or even last year. The offensive weapons are WORSE! Doesn't matter who was injured last time. All you have to do is look at how the defense played against a lesser Seattle squad in the previous games. Seattle's a much improved team and it starts at QB.

Sounds like a lot of Kaepexcuses. Go away, troll.

Mav
09-17-2013, 12:27 PM
What the **** are you talking about you retard? The 9ers have a worse defense now than they did in Harbaugh's 1st season or even last year. The offensive weapons are WORSE! Doesn't matter who was injured last time. All you have to do is look at how the defense played against a lesser Seattle squad in the previous games. Seattle's a much improved team and it starts at QB.

WHAT????????

Where are they worse? LMAO. Boldin is if anything, an EQUAL to Crabtree. You still have VERNON, Vance McDonald, Kyle Williams is looking good. So because you don't have Manningham, (thanks to Kap by the way) the offense is WORSE?

The defense is worse too? With a healthy Aldon Smith who was unblockable, an upgrade according to most 49er fans with Aso over culliver, a young STUD fs in Eric Reid who has played much better than anyone though, and a monsterous front 7, now the 49ERS ARE WORSE? So essentially you say they are worse, because the 49ers lost Dashon Goldson.....

LOL. You are awesome dude. Funniest shit I have heard in a while.

Frosty
09-17-2013, 12:28 PM
So, with this logic, should the 49ers have taken the ball out of Kaepernicks hands?

I wasn't talking about Kaep only the game you brought up ("Smith was able to beat Seattle"). It's pretty clear that they struggle against the Seahawks and my point was that game last year was a combo of Wilson not playing well on the road yet and a strong running game/STs, not Smith's outstanding play. Also, since Kaep has only played them in Seattle, where it's tough for anyone to play, it's a little early for chest thumping.

stevieray
09-17-2013, 12:28 PM
Why do so many people have a problem with Alex Smith's success? It's quite perplexing...some of the niner fans don't want their ex girlfriend back, but yet they've taken up residence here, where they can't stop talking about him.

....can't help but think he has value.

Alex Smiff
09-17-2013, 12:30 PM
its actually 2 TDs...which is still more than Kaepernick's total.

Matt Cassel's record against the Seahawks
5TD 0INTs in 2 starts.

JENKINSWINS

Ok, so why complain about Smith if you know what the deal is? Like I said, CK lost on Sunday and you're over here hating on Alex for winning a game against them. Aren't you at least slightly upset that they have CK's number? I mean Alex did win and you're mad but for some reason CK gets a free pass?

Frosty
5TD 0INTs in 2 starts.

Yeah, because the Seahawks were the same team then. :rolleyes:

Mav
I wasn't talking about Kaep only the game you brought up ("Smith was able to beat Seattle"). It's pretty clear that they struggle against the Seahawks and my point was that game last year was a combo of Wilson not playing well on the road yet and a strong running game/STs, not Smith's outstanding play. Also, since Kaep has only played them in Seattle, where it's tough for anyone to play, it's a little early for chest thumping.

nods. Fair enough. I cant let you get away with the Wilson thing though. They demolished Wilson. it was essentially the very same game as the game you are referring to. Except it wasn't coming off a beat down to the Giants, and it was on a short week.

There was no excuse for how Kaep played. Alex Smith did what you have to do, to beat seattle. Take what they give you, and not turn the ball over. That defense is FILTHY, and built perfectly, to stop a team like the 49ers.

I would venture to say that Russell Wilson, actually played worse this past sunday, than he did in the game last year that he lost. At least then he had some drops, one by Robert Turbin in particular.

Alex Smiff
09-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Sounds like a lot of Kaepexcuses. Go away, troll.

Just the facts.

Chiefspants
some of the niner fans don't want their ex girlfriend back, but yet they've taken up residence here, where they can't stop talking about him.

Reminds me of a couple KU fans who occupy the realignment thread.

Mav
some of the niner fans don't want their ex girlfriend back, but yet they've taken up residence here, where they can't stop talking about him.

Its like that ex girlfriend who they cant stand, but cant stop obsessing over.

Alex Smiff
09-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Yeah, because the Seahawks were the same team then. :rolleyes:

How convenient...

Mav
09-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Just the facts.

Just the facts huh?

The game played by Kaepernick was the worst qb performance I have EVER seen.

He is 1-4 in games against the division, and has yet to win a game on the road.

You were saying?

Alex Smiff
09-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Ok, so why complain about Smith if you know what the deal is? Like I said, CK lost on Sunday and you're over here hating on Alex for winning a game against them. Aren't you at least slightly upset that they have CK's number? I mean Alex did win and you're mad but for some reason CK gets a free pass?

Is this not a discussion board? Are we not discussing Alex Smith? I'm not mad about anything. The Seahawks have the 9ers number...not just CK's. The entire team sucks against them.

Frosty
09-17-2013, 12:35 PM
nods. Fair enough. I cant let you get away with the Wilson thing though. They demolished Wilson. it was essentially the very same game as the game you are referring to. Except it wasn't coming off a beat down to the Giants, and it was on a short week.

There was no excuse for how Kaep played. Alex Smith did what you have to do, to beat seattle. Take what they give you, and not turn the ball over. That defense is FILTHY, and built perfectly, to stop a team like the 49ers.

I would venture to say that Russell Wilson, actually played worse this past sunday, than he did in the game last year that he lost. At least then he had some drops, one by Robert Turbin in particular.

I don't think Wilson has played very well so far this year. He has faced two very good defenses in a row though, so I hope it's just that and not a sophomore slump. He was very inaccurate Sunday night.

As for last year, he was on a very tight leash. Remember, in the first half of the season, they won every game at home but kept losing at home. There was even some talk of benching him for Flynn. They he had that double comeback on the road in Chicago and played great the rest of the season.

JENKINSWINS
09-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Just the facts huh?

The game played by Kaepernick was the worst qb performance I have EVER seen.

He is 1-4 in games against the division, and has yet to win a game on the road.

You were saying?

And he's mad at Smith? Shouldn't he be mad at CK?

He did lose their first Super Bowl ever and can't beat Seattle.

JF08
09-17-2013, 12:38 PM

Right. His new girlfriend cheated on him so he blames his ex. ROFL

Frosty
09-17-2013, 12:38 PM
How convenient...

You are going to tell me that the Seahawks that won their division going 7-9 is the same team as last year and now?

Alex Smiff
09-17-2013, 12:39 PM

Hey, at least I got to watch my team in the super Bowl. When did you get to do that?

Alex Smiff
09-17-2013, 12:40 PM
You are going to tell me that the Seahawks that won their division going 7-9 is the same team as last year and now?

They aren't. But I made that same exact argument when someone said that today's Seahawks team is the same one from 2 years ago. Was just making a point. Their defense is far better now...

JENKINSWINS
09-17-2013, 12:42 PM
Is this not a discussion board? Are we not discussing Alex Smith? I'm not mad about anything. The Seahawks have the 9ers number...not just CK's. The entire team sucks against them.

So the entire team was responsible for 4 turnovers? The special teams got that blocked punt and the 9ers had a sure 3 points early in the game. That would've quieted the crowd and would've been a huge game changer like Alex says. Points in the red zone are game changers. Unfortunately, Seattle was the one who made the game changing play by intercepting a poorly thrown ball by CK. I'm willing to bet if you told the 49ers or even their fans that the defense that sucked against Seattle you would get your ass handed to you. The only person that sucked was the signal caller.

Frosty
09-17-2013, 12:43 PM
They aren't. But I made that same exact argument when someone said that today's Seahawks team is the same one from 2 years ago. Was just making a point. Their defense is worse now...

Did you mean 49ers defense is worse? The Seahwaks defense is light years better than two years ago, especially once they get all of their pieces back.

Alex Smiff
09-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Did you mean 49ers defense is worse? The Seahwaks defense is light years better than two years ago, especially once they get all of their pieces back.

Sorry. I meant their defense is better. Seattle is far superior team now than they were 2 years ago.

Alex Smiff
09-17-2013, 01:00 PM
So the entire team was responsible for 4 turnovers? The special teams got that blocked punt and the 9ers had a sure 3 points early in the game. That would've quieted the crowd and would've been a huge game changer like Alex says. Points in the red zone are game changers. Unfortunately, Seattle was the one who made the game changing play by intercepting a poorly thrown ball by CK. I'm willing to bet if you told the 49ers or even their fans that the defense that sucked against Seattle you would get your ass handed to you. The only person that sucked was the signal caller.

The entire team played poorly from the players to the coaches. It happens, clown.

ViperVisor
09-17-2013, 01:02 PM
What the **** are you talking about you retard? The 9ers have a worse defense now than they did in Harbaugh's 1st season or even last year. The offensive weapons are WORSE!

Personal insults are no substitute for reality.

The NFL is not fantasy football. Talent is also about the offensive line.

What Alex Smith had in 2011 was not the OL of 2012-2013 that has the rep of best line in the NFL.

20. San Francisco 49ers (11th)

Run Rank 8th, Pass Rank 26th, Penalties Rank 18th

The 49ers line came in for more praise than it was due because of their dominance of the NFC West. While it does have plenty of talent and upside (particularly on the left), it’s a long way from delivering on it. They need to fix the problematic right guard spot, after Mr. Boom-or-Bust, Chilo Rachal (-8.2), was all bust this year. This line isn’t miles away from being very good, but it will need Anthony Davis (-15.0) to start playing more consistently.

Best Player: Since coming into the league, Mike Iupati (+9.6) has looked like he has belonged. A top talent.

Worst Player: You have to wonder about how bad the rest of the 49ers’ guards are in practice in that they’re forced to turn to Adam Snyder (-24.4).

JENKINSWINS
09-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Sorry. I meant their defense is better. Seattle is far superior team now than they were 2 years ago.

Whoa! The word sorry is in your vocabulary?

Now say it again and put the name Alex Smith behind it. Go to a 9ers board and begin the healing process. It's ok there are better things in life than spending so much time being negative about something you have no control over. People love Alex and if you don't, just walk away. If you have a religion why not spend more time spreading the word on that. It would be better time spent, IMHO.

ChiefsFanatic
09-17-2013, 01:05 PM
Also a little concerned with the run/pass ratio, but even more so concerned with the way we are running. Dallas was penetrating the backfield frequently... and we were running slow-developing counters and traps. Bad move. Where are the quick-hitters up the A gaps to neutralize the front 4 from pinning ears back?

I really thought we were going to throw a lot of screen passes this year, in the same vein as the type Green threw to Holmes. But I really haven't seen it, and on Sunday when Dallas was pressuring Smith really hard later in the game, I was really hoping we would set up a few screens that let the defensive line break for the QB and Smith just pack peddles and throws the screen pass over their heads.

Dallas ran one of these on offense late in the game, and screamed at my TV for us to do the same.

Sandy Vagina
09-17-2013, 01:07 PM

Good time to post this here....

our D in THAT game did pretty well... our offense gave the ball to them far too often... and you won't win against good opponents on the road like that.

- TWO three-n-outs in the 1st quarter and punts
- a six-in-out to add... punt.
- an INT thrown when we were in the RZ ... and that's just the 1st quarter.

- Safety given up by? the offense... yep. 2 pts
- 3-n-out that ends with Kaep fumbling the ball for a loss... giving the ball to Seattle inside the short 30.
- our D stops them to a FG... how bout that defense?
- then we have a 5-n-out.. punt
end of 2nd quarter

Defense stops them all half long, as the offense gave away those 5 points from the INT inside the short 30 and the safety.

3rd quarter
- Our defense gives up a TD drive... that's on them... our offense drives back but only gets 3
- Our defense gives up another long TD drive into the 4th quarter... also very much on them.

Okay... the offense has done not much o nothin'... lots of time in the 4th quarter and a 19-3 game... so let's get that offense rolling, right? Been waiting on em all night.

what happens on the 2nd play?
Kaep under-throws the pass for an INT that Sherman returns inside their 25. Our D holds them to a FG. So our offense has given up 8 points all by themselves.

Our offense answers by? failing to convert a 4th down and giving the ball back to them.

Just under 8 minutes left in this game... down 22-3 and they have possession. Our defense forces yet another punt...

we get the ball back with 5 minutes left... what next? another Kaep INT. This time, the DB gets the ball 2 yds from their EZ. Are we to blame that following score on the defense?

Frosty
09-17-2013, 01:08 PM
I really thought we were going to throw a lot of screen passes this year, in the same vein as the type Green threw to Holmes. But I really haven't seen it, and on Sunday when Dallas was pressuring Smith really hard later in the game, I was really hoping we would set up a few screens that let the defensive line break for the QB and Smith just pack peddles and throws the screen pass over their heads.

Dallas ran one of these on offense late in the game, and screamed at my TV for us to do the same.

I, too, was hoping for some screens and other misdirection plays.

Sandy Vagina
09-17-2013, 01:09 PM

We did utilize a few screens in the game. One was dropped by Charles, who didn't look the ball in as he turned. Another 3rd down screen was dropped by Cyrus Gray (think his name is).

Now to the enlarged part of your post, be specific, if you want a specific response.

edit: oh, and another screen got screwed up by... a pulling OL, who knocked the RB from all momentum.. Had that been Alex Boone? he's would have picked up or tossed the RB forward for the extra yard needed to convert, lolz.

JENKINSWINS
09-17-2013, 01:10 PM
The entire team played poorly from the players to the coaches. It happens, clown.

The only person that's acting like a clown is you. Alex has fans and for some reason you can't let go of your feelings towards him. There are far worse people in this world but you chose to spend your time bashing a stand up guy with 2 kids living out the American Dream of being an NFL QB. Now tell me, who's the clown?

beach tribe
09-17-2013, 01:10 PM
5TD 0INTs in 2 starts.

Oh, before Carroll got there, right. What were they, 4-12?

Frosty
09-17-2013, 01:12 PM
Oh, before Carroll got there, right. What were they, 4-12?

Actually, Carroll was in his first year when the Chiefs (and Cassel) played in Seattle in 2010. Still not close to the same team, though. This was already covered.

beach tribe
09-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Seattle is far superior team now than they were 2 years ago.

That doesnt seem to matter to you where Cassel is concerned.

Convenient, indeed.

Mav
09-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Hey, at least I got to watch my team in the super Bowl. When did you get to do that?

Well I cant speak for anyone else, but I too got to watch my team in the super bowl lol :D

beach tribe
09-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Actually, Carroll was in his first year when the Chiefs (and Cassel) played in Seattle in 2010. Still not close to the same team, though. This was already covered.
Whoops.

Jakemall
09-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Well I cant speak for anyone else, but I too got to watch my team in the super bowl lol :D

I didn't know you were a baltimore fan too...

o:-)

beach tribe
09-17-2013, 01:18 PM

And now you get the SB hangover......enjoy.

One team pointed up another pointed down.

I wouldnt be mad if I were Smith.

Mav
09-17-2013, 01:19 PM
I didn't know you were a baltimore fan too...

o:-)

haha, I didn't say win now dammitt.

I have come to a conclusion. Alex Smiff is so mad about the way Kap looked, and don't kid yourself, for as much dick sucking as their was last week about how Kap put the entire team on his back against the packers, he drug the entire team down with him on Sunday. Other trolls were smart enough to not come here this week. This guy had no where else to go.

So here he is, without a leg to stand on, or a pot to piss in.

But, assuredly, if Alex and the Chiefs struggle at Philly, he will be here in FORCE.

I still cant figure out why he has green rep though.

Sandy Vagina
09-17-2013, 01:20 PM
And now you get the SB hangover......enjoy.

One team pointed up another pointed down.

I wouldnt be mad if I were Smith.

Alex probably LHAO at the 49ers @ Hawks game... and the end of the SB. :)

(nah, he's too classy for that... probably)

Mav
09-17-2013, 01:21 PM

He wasn't laughing at the super bowl.

He prolly chuckled a little bit at the seattle game. Then again, knowing Alex Smith, he was already studying for the eagles with the short week and all.

Sandy Vagina
09-17-2013, 01:22 PM
I still cant figure out why he has green rep though.

probably just Sweet Pussy Hate, Clay, and every other extreme Alex hater clicking away as they finger their bitter vaginas.

JENKINSWINS
09-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Must be lunch time in Cali.

ChiefsFanatic
09-17-2013, 02:11 PM
We did utilize a few screens in the game. One was dropped by Charles, who didn't look the ball in as he turned. Another 3rd down screen was dropped by Cyrus Gray (think his name is).

Now to the enlarged part of your post, be specific, if you want a specific response.

edit: oh, and another screen got screwed up by... a pulling OL, who knocked the RB from all momentum.. Had that been Alex Boone? he's would have picked up or tossed the RB forward for the extra yard needed to convert, lolz.

So, out of 36 pass attempts you can remember 3 screens? Its not just about the number of attempted screens, but the timing of the screens.

I just have not been satisfied, or dazzled by the play calling. Sure, we are 2-0, but we beat a Jacksonville team that is realistically one of the worst teams in a long time, and we beat a Dallas that had two turnovers to our none, and were probably within a Dez Bryant drop of winning the game, and as it stands still only lost by 1 at Arrowhead.

Alex Smith is better than Casshole, but he is completing only 60% of his passes and is averaging less than 6 yards per completion. The play calling is responsible for a good portion of these pathetic stats.

JENKINSWINS
09-17-2013, 02:15 PM
So, out of 36 pass attempts you can remember 3 screens? Its not just about the number of attempted screens, but the timing of the screens.

I just have not been satisfied, or dazzled by the play calling. Sure, we are 2-0, but we beat a Jacksonville team that is realistically one of the worst teams in a long time, and we beat a Dallas that had two turnovers to our none, and were probably within a Dez Bryant drop of winning the game, and as it stands still only lost by 1 at Arrowhead.

Alex Smith is better than Casshole, but he is completing only 60% of his passes and is averaging less than 6 yards per completion. The play calling is responsible for a good portion of these pathetic stats.

It's their first 2 games in this new offense. If they don't improve throughout the season then you should be worried.

Alex Smiff
09-17-2013, 02:47 PM

I'm sure you laghed too.

Alex Smiff
09-17-2013, 02:52 PM
probably just Sweet Pussy Hate, Clay, and every other extreme Alex hater clicking away as they finger their bitter vaginas.

You can call me a hater. That's fine. One thing I'm not is a turncoat. I support my team no matter what. You...well...you seem to have abandoned your team once your boy got dumped.

JF08
09-17-2013, 03:00 PM
You can call me a hater. That's fine. One thing I'm not is a turncoat. I support my team no matter what. You...well...you seem to have abandoned your team once your boy got dumped.

Go support your team then! Logging into another team's forum to try and tear down a former player of your team, is NOT supporting your team. You acting like a butthurt teenage girl. Go to the Niners forum and help everyone figure out how to convince Harbaugh that he's an idiot for getting away from the WCO.

BigCatDaddy
09-17-2013, 03:01 PM

Go support your team then! Logging into another team's forum to try and tear down a former player of your team, is NOT supporting your team. You acting like a butthurt teenage girl. Go to the Niners forum and help everyone figure out how to convince Harbaugh that he's an idiot for getting away from the WCO.

Yeah, and take the other butt fuckers with ya.

loochy
09-17-2013, 03:02 PM
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ARGUING N00BS?

JENKINSWINS
09-17-2013, 03:02 PM

Go support your team that just lost to Seattle again in dominating fashion again then. Why didn't you support them when Alex beat Seattle? It's not that hard to see that you are hater.

Alex beats Seattle = You didn't like how he won and he didn't contribute at all

CK gets dominated twice by Seattle = You blame the whole team for sucking

How hard is it to let go of a former QB that use to play for your team? He's gone now but you find yourself here. ODD!

HemiEd
09-17-2013, 03:03 PM

This.

There is even a damn 9ers thread on the front page. This place has gone to hell since the Chiefs got the 4th 9ers reject.

Frosty
09-17-2013, 03:08 PM

49er Tard fight http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s112/arc1253/catfight.gif

Alex Smiff
09-17-2013, 03:32 PM
Go support your team that just lost to Seattle again in dominating fashion again then. Why didn't you support them when Alex beat Seattle? It's not that hard to see that you are hater.

Alex beats Seattle = You didn't like how he won and he didn't contribute at all

CK gets dominated twice by Seattle = You blame the whole team for sucking

How hard is it to let go of a former QB that use to play for your team? He's gone now but you find yourself here. ODD!

I like talking here because you can curse and say whatever you want. 9ers board is so terribly uptight and overmodded.

I like this place.

Jakemall
09-17-2013, 03:46 PM

What are you doing here again?

Not 1 curr if you think someone is a turncoat. Last time I checked, the 9ers didn't pay anyone to be loyal or monogamous fans.

I like talking here because you can curse and say whatever you want. 9ers board is so terribly uptight and overmodded.

I like this place.

Wow..what a reason to join a forum. I hear there are at least a few other websites just like this one in that regard..did you join those too?

Alex Smiff
09-17-2013, 03:58 PM
What are you doing here again?

Not 1 curr if you think someone is a turncoat. Last time I checked, the 9ers didn't pay anyone to be loyal or monogamous fans.

Wow..what a reason to join a forum. I hear there are at least a few other websites just like this one in that regard..did you join those too?

I deserve to be here just as much as you do. Fraud

Marcellus
09-17-2013, 03:59 PM

This really is an odd situation and CP has seen almost everything.

We have an entire clan of 49ers fans fighting each other here daily.

JENKINSWINS
09-17-2013, 04:12 PM

Calling people frauds and clowns, while when Alex was the QB for the 9ers it seems as if you didn't support the team and now you do. I don't see anything wrong with being a fan of a stand up guy but I do see a something disturbingly wrong with hating on said guy. If jake is a fraud you are even worse than one.

Sandy Vagina
09-17-2013, 04:33 PM
I just have not been satisfied, or dazzled by the play calling.

That is a low % for Alex, but like someone else said, we are a new offense all learning each other and the route combinations. Also, the Chiefs are top 10 in most passes dropped so far. That will affect a QB's %, obviously.

Oh really? Then why have I been posting there all day long? Hmm... pretty sure those were my fingers on my laptop.. typing away on a SF forum... how strange. ****ing moron.

Calling people frauds and clowns, while when Alex was the QB for the 9ers it seems as if you didn't support the team and now you do. I don't see anything wrong with being a fan of a stand up guy but I do see a something disturbingly wrong with hating on said guy. If jake is a fraud you are even worse than one.

definitely bizarro pathetic, that one is...

JENKINSWINS
09-17-2013, 04:49 PM
Nice read on Smithers...

nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000246391/article/andy-reids-kansas-city-chiefs-thriving-on-both-sides-of-the-ball

JENKINSWINS
09-17-2013, 05:01 PM
Nice video on Smithers...

nfl.com/videos/kansas-city-chiefs/0ap2000000245956/The-Coaches-Show-How-good-is-Alex-Smith

NinerDoug
09-17-2013, 05:05 PM

Well, this is Niners Planet.

NinerDoug
09-17-2013, 05:08 PM

But really, it's simply the continuation of the pretty nasty fight that has been transplanted to your board. Kind of like a bar brawl that makes its way from bar to bar, taking some of its original participants with it, and picking up new ones along the way.

Sandy Vagina
09-17-2013, 05:41 PM
But really, it's simply the continuation of the pretty nasty fight that has been transplanted to your board. Kind of like a bar brawl that makes its way from bar to bar, taking some of its original participants with it, and picking up new ones along the way.

That's funny, and actually rather true. Some don't really care about Alex or whether Alex is good or not. They are butthurt from past "transgressions" from other 49ers fans... and so are desperate to lash out at those posters via Alex.

So for you 100% KC fans... keep in mind that the pro-Alex people are not where the SF spillover is at fault. It's the butthurt cock-suckers that do hate Alex because they blame him for being punked out by the the pro-Smithers.. as well as Alex's play that has proven them wrong time and again.

Marcellus
09-17-2013, 05:56 PM

I guess I can respect that considering this place is a daily brawl amongst Chief's fans usually.

Most places wouldn't tolerate this stuff so it makes sense it lands here.

SAUTO
09-17-2013, 05:56 PM
You seem to have a problem with reading comprehension. He said, and I quote:

"I don't think he could win a shoot out in the playoffs. It's completely against his grain."

A shootout is completely against his grain, so he can't do it? HE DID IT.
I know exactly what you fucking said. Just because it happened once (against a terrible defense) doesn't mean it will happen again
Posted via Mobile Device

JF08
09-17-2013, 06:00 PM
That's funny, and actually rather true. Some don't really care about Alex or whether Alex is good or not. They are butthurt from past "transgressions" from other 49ers fans... and so are desperate to lash out at those posters via Alex.

So for you 100% KC fans... keep in mind that the pro-Alex people are not where the SF spillover is at fault. It's the butthurt cock-suckers that do hate Alex because they blame him for being punked out by the the pro-Smithers.. as well as Alex's play that has proven them wrong time and again.

This. I'm a 49ers fan, yes. But I am rooting for the Chiefs HORD. Sure, it's because I like Alex Smith, but does that really matter? I want the TEAM to do well, not just Smith. Loving what the Chiefs are doing this year...

Marcellus
09-17-2013, 06:00 PM
I know exactly what you ****ing said. Just because it happened once (against a terrible defense) doesn't mean it will happen againPosted via Mobile Device

Its rather interesting that that win is not allowed to count.

I mean the tone of your post makes it sound like evidence since then suggest it couldn't happen again and it doesn't.

I heard something the other day about how men are more obsessed with being right than getting it right.

This whole Alex Smith debate proves that.

JENKINSWINS
09-17-2013, 06:04 PM

I mean the tone of your post makes it sound like evidence since then suggest it couldn't happen again and it doesn't.

I heard something the other day about how men are more obsessed with being right than getting it right.

So with his thought process, since Colin Kaepernick has never beaten the Seahawks he will never beat them.

Rausch
09-17-2013, 06:10 PM
So with his thought process, since Colin Kaepernick has never beaten the Seahawks he will never beat them.

I'm starting to wonder...

Sandy Vagina
09-17-2013, 06:27 PM
This. I'm a 49ers fan, yes. But I am rooting for the Chiefs HORD. Sure, it's because I like Alex Smith, but does that really matter? I want the TEAM to do well, not just Smith. Loving what the Chiefs are doing this year...

Yes, sir. I may have started looking deep into KC because of Smith... but I have found myself really liking most of the KC players as well. Always did like the key players like JC, Bowe, Asamoah, TJax, Albert, D Johnson, Houston, Flowers, McCluster, and Berry. And now, I am really liking some (newer to me) others like Poe, Sherman, Catapano, and loved Kelce as a prospect.

I was feeling the adrenaline that I feel from SF games in the last 2 Chiefs games. :)

Kiimo
09-17-2013, 06:32 PM
That is...bizarre. But I don't hate it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-17-2013, 07:00 PM
He's not even a good game manager. Just an improvement over Cassel in regards to not turning the ball over.

Meh, bleh, eh.

Bearcat
09-17-2013, 07:00 PM

Was that said on The View? LMAO

It's only been said by about 20 different people about 4000 different times by those who aren't sold on Smith being someone who can take the Chiefs beyond the first round of the playoffs... there's no hate involved and we would happily be wrong. Who the hell really cares if their football opinion ends up being wrong? Are we 7? LMAO

Trying to pick apart a post because someone didn't add a word like "consistently" even though it was obviously the point doesn't change or disprove anything. Regardless if someone says "he can't win in the playoffs" and he did win one game, it doesn't change reality... it's one playoff game. Given guys like Tebow have won a playoff game (it totally means he could win another one!!! derp), the goal posts should be set at 2nd round wins and beyond, where the big boys win. Arguing about single games short of that is pointless.

Sandy Vagina
09-17-2013, 07:04 PM
Are we 7? LMAO

Not you, but by the posts here, I'd say about half the posters are about 7... whether actually 7 or mentally stunted to that of 7 year olds.

Bearcat
09-17-2013, 07:15 PM
Not you, but by the posts here, I'd say about half the posters are about 7... whether actually 7 or mentally stunted to that of 7 year olds.

There's definitely some pretty shallow discussion in this thread. I'd lean towards the pro-Smith/49er guys wanting to be right... but, that's logical. You guys have watched him for several years and have more info on him... and I sure as hell don't want to be right. I'd love to put down some cash and watch a legit playoff contender at Arrowhead.

But yeah, we definitely have our share... the Geno thread is probably the best example at the moment. People get so freakin' obsessed with and entrenched in their own opinion, they'll cherry pick and do whatever it takes to push their agenda. Kind of fascinating, in a sad way.

Alex Smiff
09-17-2013, 08:09 PM

Not tearing him down. He's a limited QB...as are several other QB's in the league.

splatbass
09-17-2013, 08:15 PM
We'll see on Thursday. Maybe he wins over a new fan if I see 350 yards passing and 3td's in a 31-28 win.

A win counts the same no matter how many yards the QB passes for.

BigCatDaddy
09-17-2013, 08:29 PM
A win counts the same no matter how many yards the QB passes for.

Do you think there will be a few gamez this year that type of performance will be necessary to win a game?

Brando
09-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Not tearing him down. He's a limited QB...as are several other QB's in the league.

His floor is somewhere above Christian Ponder and his ceiling is Kerry Collins.
I think he's a lot closer to Kerry than Christian, but he's certainly not Young, Manning, Brady etc...

BigMeatballDave
09-17-2013, 09:33 PM
We'll see on Thursday. Maybe he wins over a new fan if I see 350 yards passing and 3td's in a 31-28 win.

I don't think Philly is putting up 28 on the Chiefs D.

splatbass
09-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Do you think there will be a few gamez this year that type of performance will be necessary to win a game?

I think Alex Smith is capable of doing anything necessary to win. So far we haven't needed a lot of passing yards to win. We may need them Thursday because the Eagles can score some points. I believe Alex Smith can gets us enough to win. Will he? Who knows. That is why they play the games.

Alex Smiff
09-17-2013, 09:41 PM
I think Alex Smith is capable of doing anything necessary to win. So far we haven't needed a lot of passing yards to win. We may need them Thursday because the Eagles can score some points. I believe Alex Smith can gets us enough to win. Will he? Who knows. That is why they play the games.

He has never in his 8 year career put up big passing numbers. I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

BossChief
09-17-2013, 09:43 PM
He's not even a good game manager. Just an improvement over Cassel in regards to not turning the ball over.

Meh, bleh, eh.

Oh cmon. Outside of a couple communication issues, be managed the game pretty damn well.

He took a lot of hits and secured the ball and didn't throw any picks while amazing almost 300 yards. Also, 2 td passes.

I'll take that all day.

JENKINSWINS
09-17-2013, 10:58 PM
There's definitely some pretty shallow discussion in this thread. I'd lean towards the pro-Smith/49er guys wanting to be right... but, that's logical. You guys have watched him for several years and have more info on him... and I sure as hell don't want to be right. I'd love to put down some cash and watch a legit playoff contender at Arrowhead.

But yeah, we definitely have our share... the Geno thread is probably the best example at the moment. People get so freakin' obsessed with and entrenched in their own opinion, they'll cherry pick and do whatever it takes to push their agenda. Kind of fascinating, in a sad way.

The pro-Smith guys have always said, all he needed was a good coach and a little consistency in one offensive scheme. He had that in Harbaugh and now has it with Reid. It's proven that the pro-Smith guys have been right all along. Alex's record with these 2 coaches is nothing short of amazing especially for a guy that's been through what he has.

Go Alex!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-17-2013, 11:07 PM

Oh cmon. Outside of a couple communication issues, be managed the game pretty damn well.

He took a lot of hits and secured the ball and didn't throw any picks while amazing almost 300 yards. Also, 2 td passes.

I'll take that all day.

This will of course get more interesting as time marches on and the competition becomes more challenging.

BossChief
09-18-2013, 12:15 AM
This will of course get more interesting as time marches on and the competition becomes more challenging.

Dude

As time passes, he will develop chemistry with these receivers and backs and become more efficient than he is at the start of the season. Especially as the line gels as the season goes on.

It's not all doom and gloom.

Rausch
09-18-2013, 12:17 AM
His floor is somewhere above Christian Ponder and his ceiling is Kerry Collins.
I think he's a lot closer to Kerry than Christian, but he's certainly not Young, Manning, Brady etc...

Kerry might have been a HOF player if he didn't waste his first 6 years being a total fucking idiot...

Rausch
09-18-2013, 12:18 AM
Dude

As time passes, he will develop chemistry with these receivers and backs and become more efficient than he is at the start of the season. Especially as the line gels as the season goes on.

It's not all doom and gloom.

Our schedule is our friend.

We only play one division team in the first 9 weeks and that's Oakland.

Jakemall
09-18-2013, 12:26 AM

http://resnarkable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/inconceivable.jpg

Jakemall
09-18-2013, 12:27 AM
Nice video on Smithers...

nfl.com/videos/kansas-city-chiefs/0ap2000000245956/The-Coaches-Show-How-good-is-Alex-Smith

Enjoyed the linked video. Thanks!!!

JF08
09-18-2013, 01:29 AM
Yes, sir. I may have started looking deep into KC because of Smith... but I have found myself really liking most of the KC players as well. Always did like the key players like JC, Bowe, Asamoah, TJax, Albert, D Johnson, Houston, Flowers, McCluster, and Berry. And now, I am really liking some (newer to me) others like Poe, Sherman, Catapano, and loved Kelce as a prospect.

I was feeling the adrenaline that I feel from SF games in the last 2 Chiefs games. :)

Ha! So it's not just me... I DVR'd the game, and rushed home from my son's Pop Warner team picture day. I was cheering like it was the Niners. It feels quite strange, but I don't care. The Chiefs are doing EVERYTHING that I love about football. And I agree, I'm starting to like the other players on the team, Smith just happens to fit in with them perfectly.

Rausch
09-18-2013, 01:51 AM
He is Marty's wet dream at QB.

Ironic, isn't it?

Sandy Vagina
09-18-2013, 06:16 AM
Ha! So it's not just me... I DVR'd the game, and rushed home from my son's Pop Warner team picture day. I was cheering like it was the Niners. It feels quite strange, but I don't care. The Chiefs are doing EVERYTHING that I love about football. And I agree, I'm starting to like the other players on the team, Smith just happens to fit in with them perfectly.

Yeah man... it feels great on Sundays to look at the whole schedule and :D as I see a KC game at noon and a SF game later in the day. Usually, I am flipping around to multiple teams at noon and giving a **** about none of them.

All the same, I find what the Chiefs are building very similar to what SF did in 2011... and liking the players (and not one of them do I dislike) just easily makes them of interest to me. Add in a class QB like Smith, and I am in!

I have always been a fan of the NFL and more than one team while also keeping SF above the rest. I'm not one of these brain-washed by daddy kids that doesn't choose for myself. I have never been anywhere near the WC, and have no geological or other connection there.

GO NINERS !!!! GO CHIEFS !!!! Anyone got a problem with that? Eat a dick and GTFO. :)

Sandy Vagina
09-18-2013, 06:34 AM
He has never in his 8 year career put up big passing numbers. I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

Don't like you and have no interest in communicating with you... but I don't like the twisting of this.

First, I don't give a shit what Smith did or didn't do many years ago with garbage team and coaches. I respect trends for players in the NFL.

So that said, and judging off of the last 40 games of Smith with quality coaching....

There have been only a few games where it can be considered that Smith and his team fell behind by multiple scores, and he AND the team didn't respond with a brilliant comeback late in the game.

- 1 from 2011 @ Baltimore. (and every SF fan admits that NO ONE played well that night)

- 2 from 2012 @ Minnesota and vs the NYG
The Vikings really out-schemed and shocked us.. and pretty sure that Ponder had the best game of his shitty life. Late in the 3rd, Alex brought us back with a TD drive to close their lead to 4... but the Vikes scored yet another TD and forced our offense to start.. forcing things. It happens.

The NYG game got out of hand in the 2nd half, and Alex and his busted up middle finger did not respond well. It happens.

- 1 from 2010 @ SD (and every SF fan that even remembers that game should know that once again, NO ONE played well that game)

Now then, you add in all of the far more comeback wins... and then you have... well, what pretty much all good QBs deal with. A favorable mix of wins, comebacks, and failed comebacks.

The fact that the SF defense rarely allowed opponents to distance themselves? The reality that when teams rarely did? it caught us by surprise, as we were not a team ever built to come back from multiple deficits..

Aaaah whatever... let's just take the easy, thoughtless route and wail out "Alex is teh suxxorz!"

It's just much easier to be a simpleton instead of actually exercising the brain, so carry on... :)

BigCatDaddy
09-18-2013, 06:42 AM
<b>I think Alex Smith is capable of doing anything necessary to win</b>. So far we haven't needed a lot of passing yards to win. We may need them Thursday because the Eagles can score some points. I believe Alex Smith can gets us enough to win. Will he? Who knows. That is why they play the games.

This is where we differ. Can he? I guess so. Worse QB's have done it. Can he do it on a consistant basis like Trent Green? I highly doubt it.

I think I would feel better about the <b>LONG TERM</b> view of Alice if did what Vick did last week in a loss than what Alice did last week in a win. Of course I would rather win the game, but I would feel better going forward knowing that if and when things don't go perfect we are still able to overcome offensive turnovers, special teams TD's, and a shit day by the defense.

And of course if/when those things happen people will want to give Alice a pass if he didn't fumble, give up points, or miss a tackle on the return, but those things happen in football and you need a QB that can make up for it from time to time. Just like when Alice tanked in the NFC title game. Peope want to point to the ST fumble and ignore how bad Alice was that day when he stunk it up.

Omaha
09-18-2013, 07:47 AM
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1002216_10200497243142700_1056582110_n.jpg

Omaha
09-18-2013, 08:00 AM
This is where we differ. Can he? I guess so. Worse QB's have done it. Can he do it on a consistant basis like Trent Green? I highly doubt it.

I've been thinking about the comparison between Smith/Green lately. I would take Smith over Green. I think Smith looks better throwing the ball. His passes have more zip and he is way more athletic. Not to take anything away from Green's successes, but Green had ridiculous talent surrounding him when he was playing at a high level. A few years prior to that, he was awful. There's still a long way to go, but I've been pleasantly surprised with Smith.

Tribal Warfare
09-18-2013, 08:01 AM
I've been thinking about the comparison between Smith/Green lately. I would take Smith over Green. I think Smith looks better throwing the ball. His passes have more zip and he is way more athletic. Not to take anything away from Green's successes, but Green had ridiculous talent surrounding him when he was playing at a high level. A few years prior to that, he was awful. There's still a long way to go, but I've been pleasantly surprised with Smith.

:facepalm: ROFL

BigCatDaddy
09-18-2013, 08:07 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSjvTctIAAAB8uj.jpg

ayleswbj
09-18-2013, 08:08 AM
Big Cat, you guys bitch about Alex Smiths history and say he cant do this and cant do that and then go an compare him to one of the biggest under achievers in league history. Vick is a dynamic injury prone QB that has never won anything. In 12 freaking seasons, he has 2 playoffs wins. Hes a career 55% completion rate and has only passed for 20,000 yrds in 12 seasons. His career history is just as bad as Smiths for being a top pick. Yea hes dynamic looking but when you come down to it thats all rainbows and bubble gum. The guy doesnt finish seasons and he doesnt win, over the course of a whole season is completely inaccurate with the football, also loses and avg of 8 fumbles a season over the course of his career along with the ints. 2 out of 12 seasons has he ever completed 60% of his passes. If you need a bigger sample size of avg i just dont know where your going to find it. He rushed for alot of yards when he was young. Thats pretty good i guess

BigCatDaddy
09-18-2013, 08:12 AM
Big Cat, you guys bitch about Alex Smiths history and say he cant do this and cant do that and then go an compare him to one of the biggest under achievers in league history. Vick is a dynamic injury prone QB that has never won anything. In 12 freaking seasons, he has 2 playoffs wins. Hes a career 55% completion rate and has only passed for 20,000 yrds in 12 seasons. His career history is just as bad as Smiths for being a top pick. Yea hes dynamic looking but when you come down to it thats all rainbows and bubble gum. The guy doesnt finish seasons and he doesnt win, over the course of a whole season is completely inaccurate with the football, also loses and avg of 8 fumbles a season over the course of his career along with the ints. 2 out of 12 seasons has he ever completed 60% of his passes. If you need a bigger sample size of avg i just dont know where your going to find it. He rushed for alot of yards when he was young. Thats pretty good i guess

I wasn't advocating or comparing Vick. I was using the game he had Sunday as an example.

Omaha
09-18-2013, 08:14 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSjvTctIAAAB8uj.jpg

Great use of that pic.

BigCatDaddy
09-18-2013, 08:14 AM

This is just dumb on so many levels. Green had a season where he damn near averaged 300 yards a game passing with a 67 percent completion percentage. Green could actually throw to WR's and get the ball down field. He was a top 5-10 QB in his best days. It's been so long that I think you forgot just how good the guy was.

ayleswbj
09-18-2013, 08:18 AM
As for your point that Alex tanked in the title game, he is the only guy who made a big play to have them in the game. Throw out the comp % , i was at this game and many others in SF, never been in this kind of weather for a football game ever in my life. His 76 yrder to Davis, another 37 yrdr and was winning. No turnovers whatsoever in a defensive battle. It took Eli 58 attempts to get to 300 yrds an avg a meager 5 yrds attempt. Smith did not tank that game at all. I agree with alot of what you say about his play from when he was drafted. But you had to be at that game to see how gritty an tough it was.

BigCatDaddy
09-18-2013, 08:19 AM
I don't think Philly is putting up 28 on the Chiefs D.

Maybe not, but as awesome as the 49ers defense was last year they gave up >24 points in 25% of their regular season games last year. It's going to happen eventually and happen more than a few times. Those games are the games that will define Alice.

ayleswbj
09-18-2013, 08:26 AM
That totally fair about what your saying about vick then, but from what ive been seeing I think Alex will have the opportunity to do that when KC has a few more offensive playmakers. Vick is playing with a full house right now, KC has really good players but still needs one or two more dynamo's. Its no secret that Vick is much more dynamic and athletic, they just get it done in different ways. Smiths brand of football certainly is not the 2013 type FB people are getting used to. Doesnt mean its any less effective

ayleswbj
09-18-2013, 08:28 AM
Maybe not, but as awesome as the 49ers defense was last year they gave up >24 points in 25% of their regular season games last year. It's going to happen and eventually and happen more than a few times. Those games are the games that will define Alice.

Totally agree and hope he surprises everyone for the KC Chiefs sake. Would love for them to be perennially good again

Alex Smiff
09-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Don't like you and have no interest in communicating with you... but I don't like the twisting of this.

First, I don't give a shit what Smith did or didn't do many years ago with garbage team and coaches. I respect trends for players in the NFL.

So that said, and judging off of the last 40 games of Smith with quality coaching....

There have been only a few games where it can be considered that Smith and his team fell behind by multiple scores, and he AND the team didn't respond with a brilliant comeback late in the game.

- 1 from 2011 @ Baltimore. (and every SF fan admits that NO ONE played well that night)

- 2 from 2012 @ Minnesota and vs the NYG
The Vikings really out-schemed and shocked us.. and pretty sure that Ponder had the best game of his shitty life. Late in the 3rd, Alex brought us back with a TD drive to close their lead to 4... but the Vikes scored yet another TD and forced our offense to start.. forcing things. It happens.

The NYG game got out of hand in the 2nd half, and Alex and his busted up middle finger did not respond well. It happens.

- 1 from 2010 @ SD (and every SF fan that even remembers that game should know that once again, NO ONE played well that game)

Now then, you add in all of the far more comeback wins... and then you have... well, what pretty much all good QBs deal with. A favorable mix of wins, comebacks, and failed comebacks.

The fact that the SF defense rarely allowed opponents to distance themselves? The reality that when teams rarely did? it caught us by surprise, as we were not a team ever built to come back from multiple deficits..

Aaaah whatever... let's just take the easy, thoughtless route and wail out "Alex is teh suxxorz!"

It's just much easier to be a simpleton instead of actually exercising the brain, so carry on... :)

How old are you?

Alex Smiff
09-18-2013, 08:36 AM

This is the type of retarded shit you hear from Smith fanboys. It's like the twilight zone.

Omaha
09-18-2013, 08:40 AM
This is the type of retarded shit you hear from Smith fanboys. It's like the twilight zone.

Go fuck yourself with a fork. I've never been a "Smith fanboy." I said I've been pleasantly surprised by his play. Who hasn't been?

Alex Smiff
09-18-2013, 08:42 AM

And yet he's still accomplished more than Alex Smith. Vick and Smith are asked to do different things. Vick is asked to win games. Smith is asked to "not fuck anything up". Who cares about completion % when you make a living off of screens and checkdowns. The one thing I'll give Smith is he doesn't turn the ball over. That's it.

Alex Smiff
09-18-2013, 08:44 AM
Go **** yourself with a fork. I've never been a "Smith fanboy." I said I've been pleasantly surprised by his play. Who hasn't been?

You can go fuck yourself for this statement:

"I would take Smith over Green" was downright retarded."

ayleswbj
09-18-2013, 08:46 AM
What has he accomplished again? A bit of insight would be helpful. Yes hes got more rushing yards and one more playoff win, but thats in 12 seasons compared to Smiths 8. 2 of which were spent on injured reserve. So please tell me what Vick has accomplished?

Tiger's Fan

This is easily the single dumbest post I've ever read on this site.

And speaking of dumb posts, will this board be infested with 9er fans from now on? Hopefully it's just a passing fad, because all the Alex Smith ball washing has to be making everyone else as sick as it does me. We get it, you love him. I've never seen such worship for such a mediocre player in my long miserable life. I can't think of one single great player I would follow to another teams BB, let alone a very average one. I mean, Tony Gonzalez is the greatest TE, and one of the greatest receivers in the history of the game and I wouldn't have ever considered becoming a Falcons fan because of him.

People are just fucking crazy I guess. I shouldn't be suprised.

Hammock Parties
Actually, I'm leaning towards Smith vs Green being a wash at this point.

Green was clearly a better and more productive passer with more ability to throw downfield accurately, but Smith's scrambling is a real asset to this offense that Green never had.

Mentally they're about the same.

It's close.

Omaha
09-18-2013, 08:47 AM
This is just dumb on so many levels. Green had a season where he damn near averaged 300 yards a game passing with a 67 percent completion percentage. Green could actually throw to WR's and get the ball down field. He was a top 5-10 QB in his best days. It's been so long that I think you forgot just how good the guy was.

Maybe. I don't remember him throwing to the WRs all that often. I always felt like he dumped the ball off to Holmes and TG more than anything. I was never confident when he dropped back to throw. His release was so awkward and he threw so many INTs in his first couple of years that my perception may be off, but I don't remember him throwing downfield a lot.

Omaha
09-18-2013, 08:48 AM
You can go **** yourself for this statement:

"I would take Smith over Green" was downright retarded."

You don't even know how to use quotes. You dumb!

Alex Smiff
09-18-2013, 08:52 AM
As for your point that Alex tanked in the title game, he is the only guy who made a big play to have them in the game. Throw out the comp % , i was at this game and many others in SF, never been in this kind of weather for a football game ever in my life. His 76 yrder to Davis, another 37 yrdr and was winning. No turnovers whatsoever in a defensive battle. It took Eli 58 attempts to get to 300 yrds an avg a meager 5 yrds attempt. Smith did not tank that game at all. I agree with alot of what you say about his play from when he was drafted. But you had to be at that game to see how gritty an tough it was.

GTFOH. He completed just 12 passes the ENTIRE game and just one to a receiver. Was 0 for on 3rd downs. He played terribly but his numbers looked good. It should have never come down to KW fumbles.

He is ass on 3rd downs even in KC. You're not winning anything by being that terrible on 3rd downs too afraid to throw the ball downfield....

Alex Smiff
09-18-2013, 08:53 AM
You don't even know how to use quotes. You dumb!

OK Einstein :deevee:

BigCatDaddy
09-18-2013, 08:54 AM
Maybe. I don't remember him throwing to the WRs all that often. I always felt like he dumped the ball off to Holmes and TG more than anything. I was never confident when he dropped back to throw. His release was so awkward and he threw so many INTs in his first couple of years that my perception may be off, but I don't remember him throwing downfield a lot.

The deep outs were a staple of that offense. Kennison resurrected his career with those routes. They did run a lot of screens as well though.

JENKINSWINS
09-18-2013, 08:55 AM

The pro-Smith guys have been right all along.

pro-Smith guy - "All he needs is better coaching and consistency in one offensive scheme."

Proof - 21 wins 5 losses

anti-Smith guy - "He sux and always will"

Proof - 21 win 5 losses

I don't see anything wrong with being a fan of a winning QB. Now hating on one is a different story, especially if he was winning as your former QB. The guy was 1 muffed punt away from going to the Superbowl and possibly winning it. You're QB now was the main reason for the loss in Seattle yet you are here mad at Alex.

Go Alex!

Bearcat
09-18-2013, 08:56 AM

Uh, Green threw for 4500 yards one year and had 5 seasons in a row where he basically threw for 3700+ each season (missed it by 10 yards once), and 4000+ 3 years in a row. I know they had a lot of YAC in that system, but that system stretched the field quite a bit, too. Smith's thrown over 3000 once (3144), and had a pretty good team around him in 2011 and 2012.

Could today's Alex Smith step into Green's shoes in that system and done just as well? No one should even act like they know the answer to that... not impossible by any means, but one hurdle would be that the system sacrifices some efficiency and interceptions for stretching the field, and that's obviously not a known strength of Smith at this point.

BigCatDaddy
09-18-2013, 09:00 AM
Actually, I'm leaning towards Smith vs Green being a wash at this point.

Green was clearly a better and more productive passer with more ability to throw downfield accurately, but Smith's scrambling is a real asset to this offense that Green never had.

Mentally they're about the same.

It's close.

LMAO

Bearcat
09-18-2013, 09:01 AM

pro-Smith guy - "All he needs is better coaching and consistency in one offensive scheme."

Proof - 21 wins 5 losses

Proof - 21 win 5 losses

I don't see anything wrong with being a fan of a winning QB. Now hating on one is a different story, especially if he was winning as your former QB. The guy was 1 muffed punt away from going to the Superbowl and possibly winning it. You're QB now was the main reason for the loss in Seattle yet you are here mad at Alex.

Go Alex!

Assuming you're not just trolling (I know, big assumption), you should reread the last few days of this thread if you really think the stuff in bold is true or that 21-5 is proof that he can consistently compete with the big boys.

Alex Smiff
09-18-2013, 09:02 AM
What has he accomplished again? A bit of insight would be helpful. Yes hes got more rushing yards and one more playoff win, but thats in 12 seasons compared to Smiths 8. 2 of which were spent on injured reserve. So please tell me what Vick has accomplished?

What has he accomplished? Well, he went into Lambeau in the playoffs when no one beat GB and beat them.

4 pro bowls, records, etc.

Was out of football for 2 years, came back and not only went to the playoffs, but went to the pro bowl.

It may not look like much but he's had a far more impressive career than your guy.

splatbass
09-18-2013, 09:05 AM
I think I would feel better about the <b>LONG TERM</b> view of Alice if did what Vick did last week in a loss than what Alice did last week in a win.

So passing yards is more important to you than a win? Really? Strange. Your priorities are fucked up.

Alex Smiff
09-18-2013, 09:09 AM

Proof - 21 wins 5 losses

Proof - 21 win 5 losses

Go Alex!

That record is extremely deceiving. He's been along for the ride on most of those victories.

He rode a top record breaking defense. Top record breaking special teams. Top record breaking running game in 2011.

BigCatDaddy
09-18-2013, 09:11 AM
So passing yards is more important to you than a win? Really? Strange. Your priorities are fucked up.

No, the ability to put the team on his back and give them a chance to win is was I'm looking for, not have the rest of the team piggy back the QB. Do you get it now? Because like I've stated before EVENTUALLY he will need to put the team on his back when another aspect of the team faulters. Passing yards(given not garbage time yards) and TD throws/runs are just what happens with a QB puts the team on his back sort of like Vick and Rivers did last week. They aren't holding teams to < 10 points a game avg all year.

ayleswbj
09-18-2013, 09:12 AM
yea that was about 13 years ago, if thats the case then lets erase all what Alex did in his career earlier as well. Like i said, hes got one more playoff win than Smith. Pro bowls are a joke. You guys had 6 last year and were 2-14. Vick is a great Athlete who has done nothing to prove he could win a team the Superbowl. His career passing % is just 6 points higher than Tebow, so there ya go and that is a 12 year body of work.

ViperVisor
09-18-2013, 09:16 AM
What has he accomplished? Well, he went into Lambeau in the playoffs when no one beat GB and beat them.
http://i.imgur.com/uEyWO9O.jpg

GB had 5 Turnovers

splatbass
09-18-2013, 09:17 AM
No, the ability to put the team on his back and give them a chance to win is was I'm looking for, not have the rest of the team piggy back the QB. Do you get it now? Because like I've stated before EVENTUALLY he will need to put the team on his back when another aspect of the team faulters. Passing yards(given not garbage time yards) and TD throws/runs are just what happens with a QB puts the team on his back. They aren't holding teams to <10 points a game avg all year.

You put way too much stock in stats. WINS are all that matter. And in the last 3 years Alex Smith has been a winner - and Vick hasn't.

ayleswbj
09-18-2013, 09:19 AM
Big C, i do see what your saying about when the time comes, he needs to prove to the fans that he can put them on his back. Years 1-6 I dont think he showed it and also didnt have the personnel to do it. Even when Peyton was a rookie and showed he could do it he still had Harrison, Faulk, Small and a young Pollard. In the last 2 years and even in 2010 Smith showed some flashes of being capable. But you are right, you need to see it with you own eyes while hes in a KC uni. I completely agree with your statement

BigCatDaddy
09-18-2013, 09:22 AM
You put way too much stock in stats. WINS are all that matter. And in the last 3 years Alex Smith has been a winner - and Vick hasn't.

LMAO

You know who racks up big stats? Brady, Manning, Brees, Adrian Peterson, Jamal Charles, Megatron, Aldon Smith. Stats usually mean you're a pretty damn good player.

You know who has shown the ability to win? Rex Grossman, Trent Dilfer, Steve Bono, Tim Tebow.

I, myself, like to see both.

You know what you are NOT putting enough stock in? The ability to move the ball. That's sort of a good think in football.

BigCatDaddy
09-18-2013, 09:23 AM
Big C, i do see what your saying about when the time comes, he needs to prove to the fans that he can put them on his back. Years 1-6 I dont think he showed it and also didnt have the personnel to do it. Even when Peyton was a rookie and showed he could do it he still had Harrison, Faulk, Small and a young Pollard. In the last 2 years and even in 2010 Smith showed some flashes of being capable. But you are right, you need to see it with you own eyes while hes in a KC uni. I completely agree with your statement

Thanks man. It's a simple concept that people can't or don't want to grasp.

JENKINSWINS
09-18-2013, 09:25 AM
Assuming you're not just trolling (I know, big assumption), you should reread the last few days of this thread if you really think the stuff in bold is true or that 21-5 is proof that he can consistently compete with the big boys.

So are you saying you're anti-Smith guy? The guy is 21 - 5 over his last 3 seasons and has been competing his ass off with whoever is in front of him.

I see it like this with Alex and I see it with CK now. The reason the 49ers lost to NY (last year) is because Harbaugh is stubborn and wanted to show them that he could throw against them, knowing all along SF's best way of winning was staying balanced. This showed up again on Sunday against Seattle. I think with Reid it's the opposite, he's going to get the passing game up to speed because that's his forte and can win with that type of game plan. Sure you would like to see more of Jamal running the ball but that's not Reid's game.

With that said, IMO as long as the coach stays true to himself and stick with what he's best at. If it wins with the guys he has on the field, then keep at it. Make you're adjustments if nothing is working. It's a chess game out there and everyone has similar pieces, it's up to the guy that has control of them to make the right moves to win.

ViperVisor
09-18-2013, 09:28 AM
http://i.imgur.com/QusctJ2.jpg

warrior
09-18-2013, 09:31 AM
http://i.imgur.com/QusctJ2.jpg

You have to love those stats :D

opposition
09-18-2013, 09:34 AM
That record is extremely deceiving. He's been along for the ride on most of those victories.

He rode a top record breaking defense. Top record breaking special teams. Top record breaking running game in 2011.

How's Kaepernick doing? Last I checked he was dead last in the RZ, while Alex is 8th. More t.d's, less int's by a lot, better rating, better %, an more wins. Not to mention this Chiefs team only had 2 win, and Alex has done that in 2 games. 7.5-1.5 against division opponents being the last QB to beat Seattle. Mr. Elite is 1.5-3.5 losing to the Rams, SeaHawks twice. Alex had a time he beat the division 8 times straight. And he sucked.

Care to go down this road? Why are you here sucking Alex's balls when your own QB is playing scared against the same team Alex beat not too long ago? Shouldn't you be somewhere else hating on Kaepernick for doing the same shit you hated are hating Alex for? Rolling right, small hands(that critical fumble by Kaep), not hitting open receivers, throwing recievers open, no pocket awareness, can't play under center?

Where are you on that one? Deflecting your anger/homosexualism on Alex again on a Chiefs board.

ayleswbj
09-18-2013, 09:35 AM
Ive been watching Smith since his days at Helix, when we all were going to check out this guy named Reggie Bush, so im always gonna follow Smith wherever he goes. Im a different fan of his cuz ive seen almost every game hes ever played, except when he was a freshman and sophmore in High school. There are so many fans that follow him because they started to see that flash with the NINERs your wanting to see. There was so much invested in him many people want to see how the story turns out. Alot of good NFL players have been put in terrible situations and are out of the league. Smith has pushed hard to survive and even succeed. Theres alot of arguing about him on the board, but in just 2 games with the bullets flying you can see how tough an gritty he is. The O-line is not yet jelled yet and he is running for his life out there. When they get their protections together and are playing as one unit, Smith will really thrive. As with any QB with a good line.

ViperVisor
09-18-2013, 09:41 AM
You have to love those stats :D

Smith since 2009 has 41 TD passes and 2 INTs in the RedZone

The redzone is where smarts and experience shows most clear.

Alex Smiff
09-18-2013, 09:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/uEyWO9O.jpg

GB had 5 Turnovers

Atlanta had no business winning that game. They were huge underdogs and still won. It's regarded as an impressive win.

Right. The same amount of turnovers the 9ers had against NO in the playoffs. Your greatest moment as a Smith fanboy.

The one thing about the Alex fanboys. They try so hard to reduce any success that other QBs have but celebrate the mediocrity of their own guy.

mdchiefsfan
09-18-2013, 09:48 AM

Do you have his TD:FG ratio in those redzone attempts?

opposition
09-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Atlanta had no business winning that game. They were huge underdogs and still won. It's regarded as an impressive win.

Right. The same amount of turnovers the 9ers had against NO in the playoffs. Your greatest moment as a Smith fanboy.

The one thing about the Alex fanboys. They try so hard to reduce any success that other QBs have but celebrate the mediocrity of their own guy.

Says the guy that signs up for a Chiefs board to bash the QB with the best winning percentage IN THE ENTIRE NFL since Jimmy Raye left in Sep. of 2010.

Alex Smiff
09-18-2013, 09:53 AM
How's Kaepernick doing? Last I checked he was dead last in the RZ, while Alex is 8th. More t.d's, less int's by a lot, better rating, better %, an more wins. Not to mention this Chiefs team only had 2 win, and Alex has done that in 2 games. 7.5-1.5 against division opponents being the last QB to beat Seattle. Mr. Elite is 1.5-3.5 losing to the Rams, SeaHawks twice. Alex had a time he beat the division 8 times straight. And he sucked.

Care to go down this road? Why are you here sucking Alex's balls when your own QB is playing scared against the same team Alex beat not too long ago? Shouldn't you be somewhere else hating on Kaepernick for doing the same shit you hated are hating Alex for? Rolling right, small hands(that critical fumble by Kaep), not hitting open receivers, throwing recievers open, no pocket awareness, can't play under center?

Where are you on that one? Deflecting your anger/homosexualism on Alex again on a Chiefs board.

Kaep has done more in 12 starts than Alex has in his entire 8 year career. Why even bring his name up?

I'll tell you one thing. If Kaep plays like a pussy in 2018 you better believe I'll want him off my team.

Compare Alex to his peers, not guys who are just making their mark in the league.

Alex Smiff
09-18-2013, 09:56 AM
Says the guy that signs up for a Chiefs board to bash the QB with the best winning percentage IN THE ENTIRE NFL since Jimmy Raye left in Sep. of 2010.

Sorry lil guy. Alex's career started in 2005. You can't just exclude the stats you want. Keep thinking his career started AFTER Jimmy Raye :deevee::deevee:

ViperVisor
09-18-2013, 09:57 AM
Atlanta had no business winning that game. They were huge underdogs and still won. It's regarded as an impressive win. -6.5
49ers vs. Saints were -3.5

http://i.imgur.com/QtNIlZI.jpg

Do you have his TD:FG ratio in those redzone attempts?
No, I just added the basic splits.

JENKINSWINS
09-18-2013, 10:02 AM
How many games in that time? Brees, Rodgers, and Brady have thrown for more TD's in a single season than he has had red zone trips since 09.

Have you seen the coaches and players around those guys you mentioned during those seasons?

That's where you guys fail. It helps if you have a good coach and consistency in one offensive system. That's what we've been saying all along with Alex and guess what...

Proof - 21 - 5 over his last 3 seasons

opposition
09-18-2013, 10:04 AM
Sorry lil guy. Alex's career started in 2005. You can't just exclude the stats you want. Keep thinking his career started AFTER Jimmy Raye :deevee::deevee:

yeah and it wasn't pretty. But guys get better that's what you don't understand, and Alex has in every statistical category every single season since 2005.

Typical deflect as well. You were the one calling out Alex Fanboys. But yet you don't address that.

They try so hard to reduce any success that other QBs have but celebrate the mediocrity of their own guy.

Is this not what you are doing?

ayleswbj
09-18-2013, 10:11 AM

Mr. Smiff, Im a Niner fan also and a Smith supporter. Of course you cant exclude his play from 05-08 or even 09 if you want to throw that in. You also cant exclude the trash that the 49er organization threw out on the field when Alex was there. I have never in all my years of being a NINER fan seen less talent in an NFL squad than we had in the years 04-08. 04-05 being the worse. Smith was on IR 2 out of the 8 years hes been in the league. Dont forget we lived with 8 years of misery and if you think it was just Smith you must be delusional. Were running guys out as our number 1 WR like Johnny freaking Morton, Dominac Zeigler, Rashan Woods, Arnaz battle. Yea we drafted Davis in 06 who did nothing. We also ran a 20 year skinny QB out there when we shouldnt have. He never should have played in Year 1 or 2 but our franchise was so desprate for anything we put our number 1 pick out there to sell some tickets. I dont discout any of the failures Smith had when he was young, I also dont discount the fact that he rebuilt his career and is having success. I also think Kaep is going to be great, but hes gonna go through growing pains much like Smith did. Only thing is, he gets to do it with a world of talent around him while Smith had to do it with the biggest heap of trash ive ever seen on a field. If you disagree just go check the rosters, you may need a memory jog. Ala Jonas Jennings..

ViperVisor
09-18-2013, 10:11 AM

The opponent knew ours plays. A Saints CB left his WR and rushed after the RB before the snap. He knew it was a run.
In KC they were calling out the plays before they happened.

Since then his TD to INT is 46-15

+ 5-0 in the 2 playoff games

mdchiefsfan
09-18-2013, 10:12 AM
No, I just added the basic splits.

Damn, would've been interesting to see.

Bearcat
09-18-2013, 10:14 AM
So are you saying you're anti-Smith guy? The guy is 21 - 5 over his last 3 seasons and has been competing his ass off with whoever is in front of him.

I see it like this with Alex and I see it with CK now. The reason the 49ers lost to NY (last year) is because Harbaugh is stubborn and wanted to show them that he could throw against them, knowing all along SF's best way of winning was staying balanced. This showed up again on Sunday against Seattle. I think with Reid it's the opposite, he's going to get the passing game up to speed because that's his forte and can win with that type of game plan. Sure you would like to see more of Jamal running the ball but that's not Reid's game.

With that said, IMO as long as the coach stays true to himself and stick with what he's best at. If it wins with the guys he has on the field, then keep at it. Make you're adjustments if nothing is working. It's a chess game out there and everyone has similar pieces, it's up to the guy that has control of them to make the right moves to win.

If for some reason you care enough to look, you can click on my username and click 'Find more posts by Bearcat', or search this thread for duncan or jspchief... it's all there.

I'll give you a few bullet points though (so I can copy/paste for the next 800 times)...

-- This whole discussion is based on wanting a QB to take it to the next level (next level=2nd round of the playoffs and beyond), so 18 wins against teams that don't meet that criteria aren't all that relevant. Any mediocre or good quarterback can do that.

-- Chiefs fans have gone through 40 years of retreads, and only Joe freakin' Montana did us any good. It's not about 'hating' or being anti-anything besides anti-retread-QB. It's about having mounds of evidence suggesting this isn't going to be any different than the past 20 years.

-- To go along with the last point, the so-called haters want to be wrong. We want this time to be the time it works. We're tired of aspiring to ~10 win/one and done seasons. We've been there, done that, spent a lot of time and money to watch it. This entire discussion (from our point of view) is about taking it to the next level. The past (see Cassel in NE or even 2010 Cassel) doesn't matter nearly as much as the future. Not amount of 49ers stats or cherry picking will convince us otherwise. Smith will get his chances (Jax and Dallas aren't it), and we're patiently waiting to see what happens.

NinerDoug
09-18-2013, 10:24 AM

Ever heard the saying, "What have you done for me lately"?

What he did as a rookie and under Jimmy Raye's spectacular coaching really has no bearing on what he did the last two years or is doing now in KC.

Red Gorilla
09-18-2013, 10:31 AM
All that really matters is what Dorsey thinks. Chiefs fans can bitch about the past and humor themselves into thinking they have the formula but, it's irrelevant. Last spring, Dorsey and Reid were probably asked about quarterbacks 100 times starting from day one. Multiple times they said they wanted a QB that wins. Arm strength and accuracy were great but, that stuff came second. The bottom line is that Alex Smith has turned into a winner. He knows what it takes to win and he won a divisional playoff game. That's why he's our quarterback.

BigCatDaddy
09-18-2013, 10:32 AM
All that really matters is what Dorsey thinks. Chiefs fans can bitch about the past and humor themselves into thinking they have the formula but, it's irrelevant. Last spring, Dorsey and Reid were probably asked about quarterbacks 100 times starting from day one. Multiple times they said they wanted a QB that wins. Arm strength and accuracy were great but, that stuff came second. The bottom line is that Alex Smith has turned into a winner. He knows what it takes to win and he won a divisional playoff game. That's why he's our quarterback.

To the Teboat!

ViperVisor
09-18-2013, 10:35 AM
-- Chiefs fans have gone through 40 years of retreads, and only Joe freakin' Montana did us any good. It's not about 'hating' or being anti-anything besides anti-retread-QB. It's about having mounds of evidence suggesting this isn't going to be any different than the past 20 years.

Joe Montana was a 3rd round pick.
Steve Young was cost the 50th pick + a 4th.
Jeff Garcia was a CFL retread.
Alex Smith was a #1 pick 'Franchise QB'

Approx 5 teams happened to of sucked at the right time and get a legit Franchise QB high.
another 5 teams happened to have the right guy fall into their lap some other way.

What is the other 70% of the NFL to do?

Your probably never gonna be one of the favorites to win a Super Bowl.

49ers were 40/1 in 2011 and were a bounce away from going.

JENKINSWINS
09-18-2013, 10:36 AM
If for some reason you care enough to look, you can click on my username and click 'Find more posts by Bearcat', or search this thread for duncan or jspchief... it's all there.

I'll give you a few bullet points though (so I can copy/paste for the next 800 times)...

-- This whole discussion is based on wanting a QB to take it to the next level (next level=2nd round of the playoffs and beyond), so 18 wins against teams that don't meet that criteria aren't all that relevant. Any mediocre or good quarterback can do that.

-- To go along with the last point, the so-called haters want to be wrong. We want this time to be the time it works. We're tired of aspiring to ~10 win/one and done seasons. We've been there, done that, spent a lot of time and money to watch it. This entire discussion (from our point of view) is about taking it to the next level. The past (see Cassel in NE or even 2010 Cassel) doesn't matter nearly as much as the future. Not amount of 49ers stats or cherry picking will convince us otherwise. Smith will get his chances (Jax and Dallas aren't it), and we're patiently waiting to see what happens.

You're talking to the wrong person then because for me it's going to take a team effort, not just the QB and it starts with the coaches. So far in this very young season, Reid has pulled out wins with a team that he has his fingerprints all over but not fully. It looks like he's made the right choices so far and will most likely be making more as the season goes on and during the off season, in order to field the best players that fit his formula. 2 - 0 with Alex so far, the main chemical in his formula that he added the second he got to KC. With that said. So far so good, right?

I was a big fan of Avery out of college and was excited about AJ Jenkins. KC has the make up of a team that could be something scary if Reid can get them in positions to make plays. It's only week 3 and I think it's just a matter of time before we see this offense really start to take off. While you're patiently waiting for the worst, which is totally understandable from your experience. I am patiently waiting for this team to be something special, especially with the way the defense is playing.

Jakemall
09-18-2013, 10:40 AM

The best of the group maybe.

Patient isn't a word I'd use to describe the vast majority. "Alex Smith Sucks" isn't "Alex will have his chance and we are waiting to see what happens."

Mav
09-18-2013, 10:41 AM

I love it. You wont acknowledge ANYTHING about what an impact Alex Smith had on both of those defenses. or the run game for that matter. How has that 49er run game been without ALEX SMITH? Not NEARLY as good as it was with him. Why is that? The 49ers talent is STILL on the defensive side of the ball. YOU WERE JUST CRYING YESTERDAY ABOUT THE LACK OF OFFENSIVE TALENT on that team. So, the 2011 version was BETTER? lol, you are a clown........

Who is trying to reduce anything? Michael Vicks stats in that game weren't impressive, yet you propped him up, and the Saints dropped over 500 yards of total offense on the 49ers defense, even with the turnovers, couldn't stop the saints at ALL in the second half, and Alex did what you are saying he cant do. yet, all you are doing is belittling what he did.

Also, you keep talking about the NFC championship game. You never mention how that Giants defense, held the Falcons to NO offensive points, made AARON RODGERS look horrible, you know the season they went 15-1? In that same Lambeau, and beat up the Patriots in the super bowl. All teams with better offenses, better qbs, and ALL IN BETTER WEATHER I might add, with full weapons. Where Alex Smiths weapons were Delanie Walker first game back off a broken Jaw, Vernon Davis who showed out, Michael Crabtree who the week before dropped three passes, Kyle Williams who fumbled the opening play on a reverse, had two more fumbles on special teams, and almost another one on a dive to catch a punt, brett swain, and joe hastings.

None of that MATTERS?
Kaep has done more in 12 starts than Alex has in his entire 8 year career. Why even bring his name up?

I'll tell you one thing. If Kaep plays like a pussy in 2018 you better believe I'll want him off my team.

Compare Alex to his peers, not guys who are just making their mark in the league.

Yeah. Regardless of what Alex Smith does, if he were 1-4 in divisional games, people will kill him. Alex Smith, for all of his faults, never had a game as hideous as Kaepernicks performance in Seattle. He single handedly wasted a MONSTEROUS display by the defense with his 4 turnovers.

he had more turnovers in the seattle game, than Alex Smith will have in the first 6 or 7 weeks of the season.

Shut up, go back to your 49er board.......

Nevermind. THATS RIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE SUCH AN UNBEARABLE TOOL YOU GOT BOOTED OFF OF THEM.....

Continue crying you baby back bitch.

Mav
09-18-2013, 10:44 AM
For you Alex Smiff. This is what I imagine is on your wall when you are jacking off to Kaepernick.

http://nflspinzone.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/136/files/2013/07/BPAQgQkCAAA2VzZ.jpg

BossChief
09-18-2013, 10:49 AM
I never thought I'd say this, but

NE fans > SF fans

BigCatDaddy
09-18-2013, 10:49 AM
This thread is like DC. I feel like I need a shower after being in it and no 49er fans. I'm not sending you pics of me in the shower so save those PM's.

Mav
09-18-2013, 10:53 AM
This thread is like DC. I feel like I need a shower after being in it and no 49er fans. I'm not sending you pics of me in the shower so save those PM's.

Who would want to see your fat sloppy brisket eating blubber ass anyway?

Mav
09-18-2013, 10:54 AM
I never thought I'd say this, but

NE fans > SF fans

Shrugs. Whats funnier is that the guys who joined purposely to troll, and diss alex smith are the tolerated 49er guys.

BigCatDaddy
09-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Who would want to see your fat sloppy brisket eating blubber ass anyway?

LMAO That sort of it the sterotype isn't it. However, I still have my hair, no goatee, and not too much blubber on thy ass. I did once however have a firebird which is close enough to a camero.

Red Gorilla
09-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Shrugs. Whats funnier is that the guys who joined purposely to troll, and diss alex smith are the tolerated 49er guys.

That's the way this place rolls. :) "The Mob" is in charge and they don't like Smith. It was the same last year. As long as you liked Geno you were good to go.

beach tribe
09-18-2013, 11:10 AM

Damn. This right here cannot be fucked with.

Sorter
09-18-2013, 11:13 AM
That's the way this place rolls. :) "The Mob" is in charge and they don't like Smith. It was the same last year. As long as you liked Geno you were good to go.

Last year? So, this isn't your first account?

Red Gorilla
09-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Damn. This right here cannot be ****ed with.

No kidding, that pretty much defines Alex Smith imo.

BigCatDaddy
09-18-2013, 11:17 AM
Damn. This right here cannot be fucked with.

LMAO Oh really?

I'd say this one pretty much defines Alice, Bob. Won't take a chance to make the big play for the TD, but didn't turn it over either. Just get him some field goals. Herm would be proud.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/12/the-49ers-have-the-worst-red-zone-offense-in-football/

<b>The 49ers have the worst red zone offense in football</b>
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 12, 2011, 10:24 AM EDT

APThe 49ers have won 10 games this year despite a glaring problem that Jim Harbaugh hasn’t been able to solve. They are a miserable red zone offense.

After Sunday’s loss in Arizona, the 49ers officially have the worst red zone offense in the league. No team has scored touchdowns a lower percentage of times inside the 20-yard line.

San Francisco lost to an inferior team Sunday because they couldn’t capitalize near the goal line. They got inside the Cardinals’ six-yard line three times in the first half, and came away with three field goals.

They don’t have a red zone touchdown this month. They are 3-for-13 scoring touchdowns in the red zone since the start of November.

The offensive meltdown in Arizona didn’t only occur near the goal line. San Francisco had two first downs in the entire second half. Alex Smith averaged 4.9 yards-per-attempt.

Perhaps this was just an overdue slip-up from the 49ers. A post-division title letdown without Patrick Willis. We tend to think the offense is regressing a little after two losses in three weeks.

If they lose again next Monday night against the Steelers, San Francisco may just lose that playoff bye.

Mav
09-18-2013, 11:17 AM
LMAO That sort of it the sterotype isn't it. However, I still have my hair, no goatee, and not too much blubber on thy ass. I did once however have a firebird which is close enough to a camero.

lol, at least you understood where I was coming from :D

beach tribe
09-18-2013, 11:21 AM

9er fans are kind of screwed all the way around here....and for good reason.

A: The Chiefs fan Smith haters here are the most aggressive posters on CP. (although you are lucky that Dane happened to not be one of them)
So any 9er Smith supporter will catch a fair amount of shit.

B: The Chiefs fan Smith supporters are constantly trolled by 9er Smith haters.
They, in turn, have soured on most all 9er fans.
So 9er fans will feel their wrath as well.

C: No player has ever brought this many fans, and/or haters with him....none..ever.
And honestly, there are too ****ing many.
Some threads are nothing but 9er fans continuing the same unwinnable war they have been having for nearly a decade.

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2013, 11:22 AM
LMAO Oh really?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/12/the-49ers-have-the-worst-red-zone-offense-in-football/

The 49ers have the worst red zone offense in football

APThe 49ers have won 10 games this year despite a glaring problem that Jim Harbaugh hasn’t been able to solve. They are a miserable red zone offense.

After Sunday’s loss in Arizona, the 49ers officially have the worst red zone offense in the league. No team has scored touchdowns a lower percentage of times inside the 20-yard line.

San Francisco lost to an inferior team Sunday because they couldn’t capitalize near the goal line. They got inside the Cardinals’ six-yard line three times in the first half, and came away with three field goals.

They don’t have a red zone touchdown this month. They are 3-for-13 scoring touchdowns in the red zone since the start of November.

The offensive meltdown in Arizona didn’t only occur near the goal line. San Francisco had two first downs in the entire second half. Alex Smith averaged 4.9 yards-per-attempt.

Perhaps this was just an overdue slip-up from the 49ers. A post-division title letdown without Patrick Willis. We tend to think the offense is regressing a little after two losses in three weeks.

If they lose again next Monday night against the Steelers, San Francisco may just lose that playoff bye.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tKdcjJoXeEY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

beach tribe
09-18-2013, 11:23 AM
LMAO Oh really?

I'd say this one pretty much defines Alice, Bob. Won't take a chance to make the big play for the TD, but didn't turn it over either. Just get him some field goals. Herm would be proud.

The 49ers have the worst red zone offense in football

Consider it ****ed with.

Edit: but yeah, thats what he does.....that, and win.

Mav
09-18-2013, 11:24 AM
The ironic thing about Alex Smith under Harbaugh and Roman.

Alex Smiths strength PRIOR to 2011, was considered to be the red zone efficiency.

For whatever reason, that was not present in 2011, didn't get much better in 2012. It does HOWEVER seem to be pretty good in KC.

No?

beach tribe
09-18-2013, 11:26 AM
The ironic thing about Alex Smith under Harbaugh and Roman.

Alex Smiths strength PRIOR to 2011, was considered to be the red zone efficiency.

For whatever reason, that was not present in 2011, didn't get much better in 2012. It does HOWEVER seem to be pretty good in KC.

No?

So far so good.

beach tribe
09-18-2013, 11:27 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tKdcjJoXeEY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You should make this your sig.

BlackHelicopters
09-18-2013, 11:28 AM
Where can I find a thread concerning Alex Smith

Red Gorilla
09-18-2013, 11:32 AM
You guys are ****ing idiots. They won 13 regular season games and a divisional playoff game that year.

Not turning it over in red zone is part of the reason why.

Bearcat
09-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Joe Montana was a 3rd round pick.
Steve Young was cost the 50th pick + a 4th.
Jeff Garcia was a CFL retread.
Alex Smith was a #1 pick 'Franchise QB'

Approx 5 teams happened to of sucked at the right time and get a legit Franchise QB high.
another 5 teams happened to have the right guy fall into their lap some other way.

What is the other 70% of the NFL to do?

Your probably never gonna be one of the favorites to win a Super Bowl.

49ers were 40/1 in 2011 and were a bounce away from going.

I want the Chiefs to TRY.

The Packers have drafted more QBs in the first 3 rounds in the past 20 years than any other team, and they only needed two for that entire period. The Chiefs have drafted one in that time, and it was Brodie Croyle in the 3rd round. What are the two teams that have drafted more linemen in those rounds in that time? The Chiefs and Jaguars.

If that, along with the stats on SB participating/winning QBs who were drafted in the first round, doesn't make it obvious enough, I don't know what else would. People can cherry pick to push their agenda, but the reality is there's an overwhelming trend that you need elite QB play to win hardware and if you find it, it'll most likely be in the first round of the draft, not on another team's bench (or from another team at all).

BigCatDaddy
09-18-2013, 11:33 AM
You guys are ****ing idiots. They won 13 regular season games and a divisional playoff game that year.

Not turning it over in red zone is part of the reason why.

Do you still have that photo of Herm on your nightstand?

Red Gorilla
09-18-2013, 11:36 AM

The Packers have drafted more QBs in the first 3 rounds in the past 20 years than any other team, and they only needed two for that entire period. The Chiefs have drafted one in that time, and it was Brodie Croyle in the 3rd round. What are the two teams that have drafted more linemen in those rounds in that time? The Chiefs and Jaguars.

If that, along with the stats on SB participating/winning QBs who were drafted in the first round, doesn't make it obvious enough, I don't know what else would. People can cherry pick to push their agenda, but the reality is there's an overwhelming trend that you need elite QB play to win hardware and if you find it, it'll most likely be in the first round of the draft, not on another team's bench (or from another team at all).

Well, we got a guy from the Packers so that should count for something. 2013 was just a bad year for QBs. We got a GM who was schooled to take a QB in almost every draft (Packer way) and we needed a QB more than any other position after he was hired. It was a terrible class and I bet we'll take one next year.

BigCatDaddy
09-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Well, we got a guy from the Packers so that should count for something. 2013 was just a bad year for QBs. We got a GM who was schooled to take a QB in almost every draft (Packer way) and we needed a QB more than any other position after he was hired. It was a terrible class and I bet we'll take one next year.

:facepalm: 2 games into the season two of those "bad" QB's have already orchestrated a game winning drive with less than a minute to go. LMAO

So far it looks like it could be about an average class, but it's waaaaaaaaay to early pretend we know what all those guys will be.

NinerDoug
09-18-2013, 11:41 AM
LMAO Oh really?

<b>The 49ers have the worst red zone offense in football</b>

It improved in 2012. Now you are number 8 in 2013.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-rating-in-red-zone/2012/

ViperVisor
09-18-2013, 11:42 AM
LMAO Oh really?

2011 did suck.

It was worse than Singletary years.

Smith wasn't the only guy on the field. It was a compound issue of the new system, WRs falling out of the lineup, too cute play-calling, running game could not get tough yards.

2011 49ers
82 rush attempts in the redzone AVG 2.1

2012 Falcons
81 rush attempts in the redzone AVG 2.2

Michael Turner and Jacquizz Rodgers were somehow better than Gore and the 49ers.

49ers were over 20% in the percentage of passes in the redzone that ended up as TDs in 2009 and 2010.

The drop to 15% in 2011 goes beyond Alex Smith. It was actually 1 point worse than what Smith did in 2006.

BigCatDaddy
09-18-2013, 11:43 AM
It improved in 2012. Now you are number 8 in 2013.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-rating-in-red-zone/2012/

So far so good, yes. I'd like a bit larger sample size than 2 games including one against the worst team in football before I waive the checkered flag.

Red Gorilla
09-18-2013, 11:45 AM
2011 did suck.

Smith wasn't the only guy on the field. It was a compound issue of the new system, WRs falling out of the lineup, too cute play-calling, running game could not get tough yards.

2011 49ers

2012 Falcons

Michael Turner and Jacquizz Rodgers were somehow better that Gore and the 49ers.

49ers were over 20% in the percentage of passes in the redzone that ended up as TDs in 2009 and 2010.

The drop to 15% in 2011 goes beyond Alex Smith.

You won 13 games and divisional playoff game. You are spoiled. Do you know the last time we did either of those things?

Pitt Gorilla
09-18-2013, 11:46 AM

If that, along with the stats on SB participating/winning QBs who were drafted in the first round, doesn't make it obvious enough, I don't know what else would. People can cherry pick to push their agenda, but the reality is there's an overwhelming trend that you need elite QB play to win hardware and if you find it, it'll most likely be in the first round of the draft, not on another team's bench (or from another team at all).So, you would have been happier had the Chiefs drafted Bray at 1.1? They would have been "trying" and the first round statistic would seemingly improve his likelihood to succeed.

Bearcat
09-18-2013, 11:46 AM

Yeah, and that gives me some hope that just maybe this time, this regime has a real plan and it was just bad luck that the draft class sucked.... IMO, it doesn't really excuse not taking a chance on anyone until after the draft, as there were still a few possibilities at the top of the 3rd round, but whatever.

I've always hated the notion that it's forbidden to use a top 10 pick or 1.1 on someone because he's not projected to go there, or the notion of "x many GMs passed him, so he couldn't have been worth it".... not saying they should have taken Geno beyond a shadow of a doubt... whatever, they obviously already had a plan in place when they picked up Smith. But, had Rodgers gone 1.1, it's not like we can easily say that team would have regretted it (obviously, there are a lot of variables there... who knows how he would have developed in an inept organization). The notion that so-and-so is off limits because of where you are in the draft is pretty bogus. Fischer could be a dominating pro bowler for the next 15 years and he wouldn't ever come close to reaching the upside of a franchise QB. At least a team like the Jets, who have failed several times with high round picks (and maybe that's a sign for Geno :shrug: ), are trying, and it's not like they've been any worse off for the past 40 years. /digress

Sandy Vagina
09-18-2013, 11:47 AM
2011 did suck.

2011 49ers

2012 Falcons

Michael Turner and Jacquizz Rodgers were somehow better that Gore and the 49ers.

The drop to 15% in 2011 goes beyond Alex Smith.

I feel certain that it was more a product of Harbaugh/Roman being content with taking lots of FGs... being remarkably conservative.. because they knew that our D and STs would chip away and stay on top of teams. They didn't want to leave the RZ without points... so 3 was acceptable, and this showed in their playcalling.

Bearcat
So, you would have been happier had the Chiefs drafted Bray at 1.1? They would have been "trying" and the first round statistic would seemingly improve his likelihood to succeed.

You can't seriously be that dense.

Mav
So far so good, yes. I'd like a bit larger sample size than 2 games including one against the worst team in football before I waive the checkered flag.

would be far more alarming if it wasn't that good considering who you played. besides. Can only really judge on how many chances you had.

1000 percent, is 1000 percent.

Obviously not gonna stand up, but if the chiefs can ever get Jamaal going, that percentage is going to be good regardless.

Mav
09-18-2013, 11:48 AM
You can't seriously be that dense.

Oh, someone ACTUALLY SAID they would of been happy had that scenario had happened. NO LIE.

NinerDoug
09-18-2013, 11:48 AM

Well, of course, but it's mid-September, so 2 games is all you get in the here and now.

You could look at 2012, of course, which was better than 2011, for a larger sample size.

Everyone knows the Niners offense was anemic in 2011, and it was ST and defense that carried the load.

BigCatDaddy
09-18-2013, 11:49 AM
I feel certain that it was more a product of Harbaugh/Roman being content with taking lots of FGs... being remarkably conservative.. because they knew that our D and STs would chip away and stay on top of teams. They didn't want to leave the RZ without points... so 3 was acceptable, and this showed in their playcalling.

Is this what is known as an "Alexcuse", 9er fans?

Mav
09-18-2013, 11:50 AM

The lockout played a LARGE part in that. a revolving door at wide receiver, Vernon Davis' admitted frustration with the offense, Delanie Walkers drops, (remember Detroit) Jims failure to properly challenge a call where the ref said Crabtree had stepped out of bounds, (he actually didn't, and caught the td, but we were penalized leading to a fg.

Lots of things like that.

Mav
09-18-2013, 11:52 AM

Sure. But, in fairness. The playcalling in the redzone, especially early in the season, was run run run kick.

Hell, in the Dallas game, on a fg attempt, they got a roughing the kicker penalty that would of given the 49ers a first down, jim decided to take the points anyway.

There was a failure of execution that undoubtedly is on Alex Smith, but he was far from the only factor.

Alex Smiff

Yep. Get used to it.

ViperVisor

That is the most likely solution.
They only had 61 Passes to those 82 Runs.

They were winning games and were OK with only adding a FG cause the D wasn't likely to give up much if any additional points.

Sandy Vagina

You don't think playcalling can have a huge effect on a team's TD/FG ratio in the RZ? Anyone watching could see the run, run, pass (but throw it away if you don't love the first target) was our SOP in the RZ. Hell, our OC was quoted saying that it's always better to take sacks or throwaways vs forcing a pass.

If that's an excuse? Ooookay then.

BigCatDaddy
09-18-2013, 11:53 AM
The lockout played a LARGE part in that. a revolving door at wide receiver, Vernon Davis' admitted frustration with the offense, Delanie Walkers drops, (remember Detroit) Jims failure to properly challenge a call where the ref said Crabtree had stepped out of bounds, (he actually didn't, and caught the td, but we were penalized leading to a fg.

Lots of things like that.

Ah, see this is good. This is what I see a lot of Alice apologist using later in the year when poo pooing away loses.

Pitt Gorilla
09-18-2013, 11:54 AM
You can't seriously be that dense.What do you mean? Would those conditions NOT have satisfied your request(s)? Or, did you specifically want Geno at 1.1?

Bearcat
09-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Oh, someone ACTUALLY SAID they would of been happy had that scenario had happened. NO LIE.

Oh god... :facepalm:

Best available, based on the system, etc; obviously.

It's one thing if every GM passes on a player once or twice, and I don't know where Bray was projected to go (if at all), but.... do we really have to explain this? LMAO

NinerDoug
09-18-2013, 11:55 AM

Tom Brady sucked in 2008. Not even a single TD.

But he was out in IR for 15 games?

Bradexcuse.

Mav
09-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Ah, see this is good. This is what I see a lot of Alice apologist using later in the year when poo pooing away loses.

Yeah, cause I mean undoubtedly, the Chiefs offense is at its peak now, and will undoubtedly do nothing but get worse. GREAT CALL BY you.

If you haven't noticed, I like you as a poster.

Second, I don't deal in absolutes. I deal in facts, and probabilities.

You obviously see the arrow trending down.

ChiefsCountry
Steve DeBerg put up numbers in 1990 that were better than anything Alex Smith has ever done. You don't see us masturbating all of over that team.

BigCatDaddy
What do you mean? Would those conditions NOT have satisfied your request(s)? Or, did you specifically want Geno at 1.1?

How about just taking the best QB in the draft? Right now that looks like Manuel. Would you have a probleml with Manuel instead of Fisher now?

Sandy Vagina
09-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Tom Brady sucked in 2008. Not even a single TD.

But he was out in IR for 15 games?

Bradexcuse.

Yeah, no kidding. If I cut off your legs and you can't beat me to the finish line?

" but... but you cut off my legs, asshole!"

"awww excuses excuses"

NinerDoug
09-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Peyton Manning sucked in 2011.

But he had a broken neck! He didn't even play.

That's just a Mannexcuse. Good quarterbacks get it done despite adverse circumstances.

Alex Smiff
09-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Ever heard the saying, "What have you done for me lately"?

What he did as a rookie and under Jimmy Raye's spectacular coaching really has no bearing on what he did the last two years or is doing now in KC.

You don't get to determine what stats get counted. The 1st 5-6 years of his career will always count no matter how hard you try to forget it. Sorry.

ViperVisor
09-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Yep. Get used to it.

How do you explain the drop from 2009-2010?

Vernon Davis had 11 RZ TDs 09-10
11-12 7 TDs

Harbaugh and co struggled to get Vernon involved as consistently.

BigCatDaddy
09-18-2013, 12:00 PM
LMAO I guess I struck a nerve. I'll take that as a "Yes", that is what is known as a Alexcuse in 9er land".

Alex Smiff
09-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Peyton Manning sucked in 2011.

But he had a broken neck! He didn't even play.

That's just a Mannexcuse. Good quarterbacks get it done despite adverse circumstances.

Pathetic.

Mav
09-18-2013, 12:01 PM
Oh god... :facepalm:

Best available, based on the system, etc; obviously.

It's one thing if every GM passes on a player once or twice, and I don't know where Bray was projected to go (if at all), but.... do we really have to explain this? LMAO

Shrugs.......

I just report the facts. I don't judge the SANITY of the posts.....:)

NinerDoug
You don't get to determine what stats get counted. The 1st 5-6 years of his career will always count no matter how hard you try to forget it. Sorry.

Of course they will count. What's your point? I think the question in most peoples' minds is how he is going to do in the here and now.

You want to go back and look at Troy Aikman's or Steve Young's early stats? What's the point?

Sandy Vagina

grade A bullshit.. Did anyone give a **** about Steve Young's early failures after he got it together and looked sharp?

****ing stupid muther****er, you are....

NinerDoug
09-18-2013, 12:02 PM
Pathetic.

It is, isn't it. Glad you get it.

ViperVisor
09-18-2013, 12:02 PM

Peyton Manning QB rating 1st 5 years 86
Peyton Manning QB rating year 6-now 102

Alex Smiff
09-18-2013, 12:03 PM
How do you explain the drop from 2009-2010?

Vernon Davis had 11 RZ TDs 09-10
11-12 7 TDs

Harbaugh and co struggled to get Vernon involved as consistently.

I get it. Alex's struggles are due to everyone but himself. We have already addressed that.

Mav
09-18-2013, 12:04 PM
How about just taking the best QB in the draft? Right now that looks like Manuel. Would you have a probleml with Manuel instead of Fisher now?

Not particularly. The buzz after the combine and his pro day had him soaring upwards.

I don't think many would of minded that pick up.....Although, the "experts" were to busy deciding if Ryan Nassib, or Geno Smith was going to be the first qb taken. Reach? Sure, but I mean this is the fan base that watched Tyson Jackson be WAY over drafted.

Alex Smiff
09-18-2013, 12:05 PM
grade A bullshit.. Did anyone give a **** about Steve Young's early failures after he got it together and looked sharp?

****ing stupid muther****er, you are....

Nerve has been struck. HAHAHA

Bearcat
09-18-2013, 12:06 PM
Shrugs.......

I just report the facts. I don't judge the SANITY of the posts.....:)

WTF not?

NinerDoug
Steve DeBerg put up numbers in 1990 that were better than anything Alex Smith has ever done. You don't see us masturbating all of over that team.

You see, there's the straw man. Who is saying that Alex Smith is a superstar, destined for the Hall of Fame?

Mav
I get it. Alex's struggles are due to everyone but himself. We have already addressed that.

Who said that?

LOL......No one. that is your own petty interpretation. Alex Smith fans usually have VERY little problems owning up.

Funny thing though. Tom Brady played like absolute shit on Thursday night. Yet on this board, no one was blaming Tom Brady.

They were blaming his receivers. Yet, you, YOU SPECIFICALLY used the 49ers having no offensive weapons excuse for Kaepernick ONE WEEK after he threw for 400+ and 3 tds, yet, if anyone mentions the lack of weapons for ALEX SMITH, its an excuse.....

How funny is that?