PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Hammock Parties
11-09-2013, 07:23 PM
I don't think anyone can answer that. We've never seen Alex play with that many studs at WR and the greatest TE to ever play the game. They would make Alex look better

Certainly Alex has never stood in the way of any of his receivers.

Jakemall
11-09-2013, 07:27 PM

Alex has had dozens of WRs that have played for him...

Name 3 that have had improved success (meaning not one good year and done) within a year of not playing with Alex.

mschiefs1984
11-09-2013, 07:28 PM

No one said he didn't

But he has also never played with a loaded offense like the Falcons have had. Like I said they would help to make Alex look better. I didn't say Alex would make them better

Hammock Parties
11-09-2013, 07:47 PM
You guys keep banging the drum to get this thread to 10,000 posts so the mods can give it the Logan's Run treatment.

Fortunately, we have this one to continue on! o:-)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278352&page=10

Bowser
11-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Fortunately, we have this one to continue on! o:-)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278352&page=10

http://www.thehomeplanet.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Touche.gif

AussieChiefsFan
11-09-2013, 08:54 PM
I don't necessarily think for me personally its how far. Its how well.

He is still missing passes, that just defy understanding.

The Td pass to a wide open Fasano, he has missed Avery multiple times.

He threw Bowe out of bounds against the bills.

It is stuff like that, that will prevent any team from committing to him long term.

The reason that he fits so well with the Chiefs at this moment is the same reason he fit in with the 49ers in 2011.

His ability to not turn the ball over, when you are installing a new offense and getting the proper personnel is perfect.......

FOR ONE SEASON.

But once the talent on offense exceeds his abilities, its time to move on.

That is where the Chiefs in my opinion are heading.Exactly.

NinerDoug
11-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Make sure you update your sig after the bye this weekend. Of the 5 guys between Alex Smith and the top 10, only one has yet to have a bye week.

There are also three players within 150 or less passing yards of Smith who have already had their bye weeks.

Maybe you should see if he'll revise and let you use top 15!

Yep, does not look like that sig is going to work out. Maybe top 15.

BigCatDaddy
11-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Yep, does not look like that sig is going to work out. Maybe top 15.

Doubt it. At least the only guy that looks like he might catch him from behind is Cutler if he only misses one or two more weeks. I think he's firmly entrenched in the 19-20 area barring any major injuries to him or someone close.

Dave Lane
11-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Exactly.

God I Hope so if they think he's the long term solution I will just have to say FML.

htismaqe
11-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Reid has said that Smith is the QB he always envisioned running this offense.

He's not going anywhere.

duncan_idaho
11-14-2013, 01:58 PM

He's not going anywhere.

I have two hopes regarding this statement:

1) That Reid is right and Smith stops playing like a scared little child.
or
2) This statement is not accurate.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2013, 01:59 PM

He's not going anywhere.

Yep.

Meet the new boss.

htismaqe
11-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Yep.

Meet the new boss.

Hardly.

The current QB is 9-0. There's nothing at all analogous between this situation and the previous one.

Dave Lane
11-14-2013, 02:13 PM
Hardly.

The current QB is 9-0. There's nothing at all analogous between this situation and the previous one.

Commitment to a subpar QB?

:shrug:

htismaqe
11-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Commitment to a subpar QB?

:shrug:

While he may not be ideal, he's not really subpar either. Even though he doesn't wing the ball all over the field, they're winning.

And it isn't like they're protecting him by running the ball 50 times a game.

duncan_idaho
11-14-2013, 03:04 PM
While he may not be ideal, he's not really subpar either. Even though he doesn't wing the ball all over the field, they're winning.

And it isn't like they're protecting him by running the ball 50 times a game.

He's subpar this year at every individual measure you can apply to a QB, except for turnovers. Alex Smith is 20th or worst in:

Passing yardage
YPA
YPC
TDs
Completion percentage
QB Rating

He's a 15-22 type guy in this league. There's no reason - at all - to sit and be happy with that type of performer at QB.

Jakemall
11-14-2013, 03:10 PM
He's subpar this year at every individual measure you can apply to a QB, except for turnovers. Alex Smith is 20th or worst in:

Passing yardage
YPA
YPC
TDs
Completion percentage
QB Rating

He's a 15-22 type guy in this league. There's no reason - at all - to sit and be happy with that type of performer at QB.

can I pre-empt the 9-0 comments?

I don't agree with your conclusion...but that's not the right argument.

JENKINSWINS
11-14-2013, 03:13 PM

Passing yardage
YPA
YPC
TDs
Completion percentage
QB Rating

He's made a lot of plays with his feet because of the less than subpar line in front of him. There's definitely a reason to be happy - being able to remain undefeated with all the bumps in the road is pretty amazing. Shitty OL play, new offense, new QB, new Coach, and being the worst team in the league last year. Fix the less than subpar OL problems and watch the QB perform a lot better. Look at how Eli is doing with his shitty OL.

htismaqe
11-14-2013, 03:25 PM

Passing yardage
YPA
YPC
TDs
Completion percentage
QB Rating

And yet when they get the ball on their own 4 yard line, deep into the 4th quarter and needing a score to win the game, they make it happen.

Some guys have tangibles and some don't. Alex Smith doesn't have Phillip Rivers' arm. But some guys are winners and some guys are losers, just like Rivers.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-14-2013, 03:50 PM
He has the best blocking stoner in the league to throw to. No Alexcuses!

keg in kc
11-14-2013, 03:56 PM
He has the best blocking stoner in the league to throw to. No Alexcuses!The funniest part about all that is that he's probably going to skate away completely scot free on all charges and likely not even face a suspension.

Bearcat
11-14-2013, 03:57 PM
And yet when they get the ball on their own 4 yard line, deep into the 4th quarter and needing a score to win the game, they make it happen.

Some guys have tangibles and some don't. Alex Smith doesn't have Phillip Rivers' arm. But some guys are winners and some guys are losers, just like Rivers.

Has that happened once this season (or something close to it)? The closest I can think of was Dallas, and they've had some pretty long drives early in games... but, I wouldn't call him clutch by any means. Not that he's had to be much at all, which is what some people are waiting to see (unless, like some posts I've seen here, we're pretending the situation you describe won't happen against the big boys).

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-14-2013, 03:59 PM
The funniest part about all that is that he's probably going to skate away completely scot free on all charges and likely not even face a suspension.

Good. After the Von Miller horsehit, Bowe deserves not even a slap on the wrist.

htismaqe
11-14-2013, 04:04 PM
He did it against Philly.

The Eagles had just closed the gap to a TD with that long run by Shady McCoy and then Dex (I think it was Dex) fumbled the kickoff.

They had 1st and 10 at the 4 or 5 yard line with about 10 minutes to go, desperately needing to kill Philly's momentum. So Smith leads them on a 20+ play drive and IIRC he completed all but 1 or 2 of his passes on that drive.

Game over.

duncan_idaho
11-14-2013, 04:16 PM

That's a great example. But it's also ONE example (and one that is fast fading in the rearview mirror of this season).

We discussed Philip Rivers' clutchness earlier this week in a different thread. He was very clutch early in his career, when he had a more talented team around him. 4th quarter comebacks and come from behind wins haven't been as common in the past few years (he had none in 2012, just one in 2011 and 2010, two this year).

Even so... he has more in his career than Alex Smith and has been more successful overall over the course of his career. His best stretch (25-7) even matches up nearly exactly with Smith's best 32-game stretch.

If Philip Rivers is a loser...

htismaqe
11-14-2013, 04:20 PM
That's a great example. But it's also ONE example (and one that is fast fading in the rearview mirror of this season).

We discussed Philip Rivers' clutchness earlier this week in a different thread. He was very clutch early in his career, when he had a more talented team around him. 4th quarter comebacks and come from behind wins haven't been as common in the past few years (he had none in 2012, just one in 2011 and 2010, two this year).

Even so... he has more in his career than Alex Smith and has been more successful overall over the course of his career. His best stretch (25-7) even matches up nearly exactly with Smith's best 32-game stretch.

If Philip Rivers is a loser...

I don't care about stats, I care about what I see on the field. I don't see Alex Smith acting like a 4-year old on the sideline. Ever.

Phillip Rivers is a loser. That doesn't necessarily mean he'll always LOSE between the lines. It just means he's a crybaby and a horrible teammate.

duncan_idaho
11-14-2013, 04:24 PM
I don't care about stats, I care about what I see on the field. I don't see Alex Smith acting like a 4-year old on the sideline. Ever.

Phillip Rivers is a loser. That doesn't necessarily mean he'll always LOSE between the lines. It just means he's a crybaby and a horrible teammate.

Ah. On that point, we agree. I dislike him personally. He's a douche. A talented douche.

Marcellus
11-14-2013, 05:01 PM
He did it against Philly.

The Eagles had just closed the gap to a TD with that long run by Shady McCoy and then Dex (I think it was Dex) fumbled the kickoff.

They had 1st and 10 at the 4 or 5 yard line with about 10 minutes to go, desperately needing to kill Philly's momentum. So Smith leads them on a 20+ play drive and IIRC he completed all but 1 or 2 of his passes on that drive.

Game over.

Last drive of the 1st half against the Texans. 98 yard drive, burned 6.5 minutes and the TD got us the lead back after being down 7-10 after the defense was having trouble early with Keenan.

htismaqe
11-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Last drive of the 1st half against the Texans. 98 yard drive, burned 6.5 minutes and the TD got us the lead back after being down 7-10 after the defense was having trouble early with Keenan.

Exactly.

Easy 6
11-14-2013, 05:07 PM

Yep, a clutch, length of the field drive against the then #1 defense.

Messier
11-14-2013, 05:16 PM

Yes, but that was soooo long ago. What has he done lately?

htismaqe
11-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Yes, but that was soooo long ago. What has he done lately?

Win. :D

Hammock Parties
11-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Hardly.

Dude, a lot of QBs could go 9-0 with this defense against the crappy quarterbacks we've faced.

I'm not going to be remotely impressed by Mr. Smith until he beats a team that scores more than 17 points. That's fair.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-14-2013, 05:44 PM
Dude, a lot of QBs could go 9-0 with this defense against the crappy quarterbacks we've faced.

I'm not going to be remotely impressed by Mr. Smith until he beats a team that scores more than 17 points. That's fair.

Only the Bills QB was crappy but keep up the trolling.

O.city
11-14-2013, 05:44 PM

Luckily, no one here gives a shit if you're impressed or not.

htismaqe
11-14-2013, 05:45 PM

Matt Cassel couldn't and that's all that matters. You compared the current situation to the previous one, it was your comparison, not mine.

EDIT: If you're waiting for an opponent to score more than 17 points, Sunday night might be your only chance.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2013, 05:46 PM

Fitzpatrick was shit, Pryor was shit, Keenum, after one half, went in the tank, and so on. Don't forget the opener.

Alex's judgment day is approaching fast.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Matt Cassel couldn't and that's all that matters. You compared the current situation to the previous one, it was your comparison, not mine.

Matt Cassel could have absolutely gone 9-0 this year with this defense playing at this level.

At least he wasn't afraid to throw the fucking ball down the field once in awhile.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-14-2013, 05:49 PM
Fitzpatrick was shit, Pryor was shit, Keenum, after one half, went in the tank, and so on. Don't forget the opener.

Fitz almost beat the Seahawks in Seattle do they suck? Wilson suck? Pryor is the starter all teams face him. Case lit up the colts do they suck? Luck suck?

O.city
11-14-2013, 05:49 PM

Had nothing to do with out defense, at all.

Keep on keeping on.

htismaqe
11-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Matt Cassel could have absolutely gone 9-0 this year with this defense playing at this level.

At least he wasn't afraid to throw the fucking ball down the field once in awhile.

ROFL

Dude, I get it. It sucks to be wrong. Get over it already, save some face.

Matt Cassel wouldn't have beaten ANY of the last 3 teams we played. All of those games would have been lost when Cassel turned the ball over 2 or 3 times.

O.city
11-14-2013, 05:52 PM
ROFL

Dude, I get it. It sucks to be wrong. Get over it already, save some face.

Matt Cassel wouldn't have beaten ANY of the last 3 teams we played. All of those games would have been lost when Cassel turned the ball over 2 or 3 times.

He has no face to save around here.

Dude doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2013, 05:53 PM

Cassel was outstanding at protecting the football in 2010.

When there's no pressure on QBs like Alex and Matt to score points, it's easy to avoid turnovers.

9er guy
11-14-2013, 05:55 PM

Weeden
Pryor
Fitzpatrick

DeezNutz
11-14-2013, 05:56 PM

****. Tell me you're not going to be making arguments in support of Alex ****ing-mediocre-at-best Smith.

"He's a winner" = most of the evidence says otherwise.

Enter: Wins and losses in ultimate team sport...

htismaqe
11-14-2013, 05:57 PM
Cassel was outstanding at protecting the football in 2010.

When there's no pressure on QBs like Alex and Matt to score points, it's easy to avoid turnovers.

Matt Cassel threw 450 passes in 2010. Alex has already thrown 315.

The comparison is laughable.

htismaqe
11-14-2013, 05:57 PM
Fuck. Tell me you're not going to be making arguments in support of Alex fucking-mediocre-at-best Smith.

There's no excuses to make. He's 9-0.

DeezNutz
11-14-2013, 05:59 PM

The Chiefs are 9-0.

Alex Smith is far more of a hindrance than an asset. The fact that he's more talented than Cassel is far from praise.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2013, 05:59 PM

The team is 9-0.

He's just along for the ride.

htismaqe
11-14-2013, 06:01 PM
The Chiefs are 9-0.

Alex Smith is far more of a hindrance than an asset. The fact that he's more talented than Cassel is far from praise.

I didn't suggest otherwise. I wasn't the one that compared him to Cassel, Clay was.

I'm merely pointing out that Alex's deficiencies make for interesting message board banter but until the team loses, there are no "excuses" to be made.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2013, 06:03 PM
I didn't suggest otherwise. I wasn't the one that compared him to Cassel, Clay was.

I'm merely pointing out that Alex's deficiencies make for interesting message board banter but until the team loses, there are no "excuses" to be made.

"Cassel has us in first place!"

- homers, 2010

Bearcat
11-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Well, at least the Eagles game was in the 4th quarter, even if they were up by a touchdown.... patting him on the back for a few scoring drives is a bit much though. I don't think anyone is arguing he's incapable of doing that.

RunKC
11-14-2013, 06:21 PM
This Sunday will show a lot of Alex Smith's ability. He's gonna have to open it up.

ViperVisor
11-14-2013, 06:28 PM
2010 Chiefs
156 yards from non QB running per game

2013 Chiefs
90 yards from non QB running per game

Hammock Parties
11-14-2013, 06:31 PM
2010 Chiefs
156 yards from non QB running per game

2013 Chiefs
90 yards from non QB running per game

No wonder they scored more points, eh?

I'm sure Alex could get to Cassel's level of production with a better running game, though. I think he's capable of reaching that Cassel level. He has some similar skills.

ViperVisor
11-14-2013, 06:39 PM
No wonder they scored more points, eh?

I'm sure Alex could get to Cassel's level of production with a better running game, though. I think he's capable of reaching that Cassel level. He has some similar skills.

Cassel was exposed as a fraud. It was a fluke he had his lowest Int% and highest TD% in the same season.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2013, 06:42 PM
Cassel was exposed as a fraud. It was a fluke he had his lowest Int% and highest TD% in the same season.

And yet Alex will never have a TD% that high. Ever.

Baby Lee
11-14-2013, 06:44 PM
"Cassel has us in first place!"

- said no one, ever

FYP

GordonGekko
11-14-2013, 06:45 PM

Trent Green was 9-0 at one time, too. Yet he has no championships, no SB appearances; a good record is not indicative at all whether a Quarterback is a champion or not, it just means the team as a whole is functioning well.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2013, 06:46 PM
FYP

Wrong.

Homers could not stop sucking off Cassel in 2010.

Dave Lane
11-14-2013, 06:58 PM
The Chiefs are 9-0.

I think the real reason the chiefs are 9-0 is because of the water boy. There's no arguing that. He's solid.

philfree
11-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Wrong.

Homers could not stop sucking off Cassel in 2010.

The difference between Smith and Cassel is simple. Alex Smith runs the offense where Matt Cassel had to have his hand held every play and be told what to do from the sideline. In his one good year in KC Weiss did an excellent job of making sure Matt didn't fuck it up. But anytime they tried to let him just do it he shit the bed. Alex Smith does a great job of running the offense and playing within himself at the same time. Stats won't show the difference but the win loss column will. 9-0.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Alex Smith does a great job of running the offense

Running it like a fucking 67 Ford Pinto that hasn't had an oil change in 10,000 miles.

Our offense is pathetic and people say this? :banghead:

Brock
11-14-2013, 07:09 PM
Running it like a fucking 67 Ford Pinto that hasn't had an oil change in 10,000 miles.

SHUT UP 9 AND OH

ViperVisor
11-14-2013, 07:10 PM
Cassel was 10-44 on passes 21+

He threw 85 passes down 1-8
11 passes down 9-16

His QB rating plummeted in those times.

Clutch is mostly nonsense that is used in place of an argument with substance.

So I'm gonna say Smith is clutch. But Smith doesn't melt when times are tough. He stays within his game. With a quality team it tends to work out.

O.city
11-14-2013, 07:11 PM
Running it like a ****ing 67 Ford Pinto that hasn't had an oil change in 10,000 miles.

And in 2010 when cassel was riding Charles coat tails, some people wrote articles about him being the guy.

It is what it is.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2013, 07:19 PM
And in 2010 when cassel was riding Charles coat tails, some people wrote articles about him being the guy.

It is what it is.

Indeed. Homers never cease to amaze.

philfree
11-14-2013, 07:22 PM
Running it like a ****ing 67 Ford Pinto that hasn't had an oil change in 10,000 miles.

I didn't say our offense didn't need improvement and I didn't say Alex Smith didn't need to play better. We need to improve. Just pointing out the difference between Smith and Cassel since that's what was being discussed.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2013, 07:23 PM
I didn't say our offense didn't need improvement and I didn't say Alex Smith didn't need to play better. We need to improve. Just pointing out the difference between Smith and Cassel since that's what was being discussed.

The only difference is one was playing with a decent defense, the other is playing with the best defense in football.

O.city
11-14-2013, 07:34 PM
The only difference is one was playing with a decent defense, the other is playing with the best defense in football.

The best defense in football?

Is this the same defense that gave up yards and points to all those shitty QB's?

Which is it, I can't tell which side you've flipped to right now.

ViperVisor
11-14-2013, 07:34 PM

You seem to think Cassel in 2010 was pretty good.
He was 8-0 when the Defense allowed 14 or less.

2-7 in the games over 14.

Smith is 5-0 this year.

Crappy QB opponents downgrade Smith being able to win those games but still are sure the Defense is the best in the NFL after this string of 2nd rate QBs?

Was BUF game a fluke where they didn't touch Tuel and got almost 500 yards put on them?

Hammock Parties
11-14-2013, 07:38 PM
You seem to think Cassel in 2010 was pretty good.

He wasn't.

But still better than Alex, which is scary.

BTW, your stat twisting will not work on me, boy.

When the opponent scored 17 or less Cassel was 8-0 in 2010.

Seems familiar to 2013...hmmm....

ViperVisor
11-14-2013, 08:04 PM
He wasn't.

But still better than Alex, which is scary.

BTW, your stat twisting will not work on me, boy.

When the opponent scored 17 or less Cassel was 8-0 in 2010.

Seems familiar to 2013...hmmm....

You forgot this part

Cassel was a failure when any excess amount was put on his shoulders. Smith, for sure, isn't excelling this year. But with the problems up front Smith is at least avoiding the big mistakes.

Down the stretch to win the offense is likely going to need to play better. Smith is a big part of that but like any QB he needs help. And with Smith not being one of the great QBs the margin for error is small.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2013, 08:21 PM
You forgot this part

You're just stat twisting.

Cassel didn't lose a single game to a team that scored 17 points or less in 2010.

That's all Alex is doing. Being Mr. 17 Point Stud Wonder Dummy.

Same as Matt.

jspchief
11-14-2013, 08:32 PM
Thought this thread might be a good place for this...

http://i.imgur.com/FVpVdpm.jpg

Hammock Parties
11-14-2013, 08:57 PM
Just embarrassing.

Fitzpatrick is also at a very decent 12.5 YPC this year....just embarrassing.

Red Dawg
11-14-2013, 09:28 PM
Just embarrassing.

I am not an Alex lover but how many games has Fitz won? Fitz is a game loser. Alex is not great but he at least has won playoff games and is not a guy that loses them. He can answer the bell when needed. Fitz is just not good.

Red Dawg
11-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Reid brought Alex hear for four reasons. He is a leader, knows the offense already, does not throw many int's and is mobile. He better start getting the ball in the end zone or we will have wasted a 9-0 start.

ViperVisor
11-14-2013, 09:41 PM
You're just stat twisting.

Cassel didn't lose a single game to a team that scored 17 points or less in 2010.

That's all Alex is doing. Being Mr. 17 Point Stud Wonder Dummy.

Same as Matt.

The run game seemed a wee bit better in 2010.

Getting 156 a game from RBs vs. 90

He didn't push the ball down the field. He was carried to the redzone on the back of the running game and dinked and dunked a good amount of TD passes. It was a fluke.

The team got 1.29 Passing 1st Downs for every 1 on the ground.
1.68 in 2013. And Smith has ran for 1/4th of those on the ground.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2013, 09:43 PM
The run game seemed a wee bit better in 2010.

Getting 156 a game from RBs vs. 90

He didn't push the ball down the field. He was carried to the redzone on the back of the running game and dinked and dunked a good amount of TD passes. It was a fluke.

The team got 1.29 Passing 1st Downs for every 1 on the ground.
1.68 in 2013. And Smith has ran for 1/4th of those on the ground.

I broke down Cassel vs Smith on intermediate passing.

Cassel was superior in every way.

Alex is just an embarrassment to Kansas City.

BigCatDaddy
11-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Fitz almost beat the Seahawks in Seattle do they suck? Wilson suck? Pryor is the starter all teams face him. Case lit up the colts do they suck? Luck suck?

Damn. You must be ready to send Kellen Clemmons to the HOF.

Rausch
11-15-2013, 09:15 AM
I broke down Cassel vs Smith on intermediate passing.

Cassel was superior in every way.

You must not have taken arm strength, accuracy, or INT's into account...

htismaqe
11-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Just embarrassing.

ROFL

Fitzpatrick quite literally loses games all by himself.

You're a parody of yourself.

Marcellus
11-15-2013, 09:42 AM
http://sfo.scout.com/2/789217.html

The 49ers have placed quarterback Alex Smith on injured reserve, which not only ends his 2008 season before it even began, but also could signal the end of Smith’s tumultuous career with the team. Smith may never play another snap for the 49ers, but 14th-year veteran Jamie Martin might. Martin was signed Wednesday to replace Smith on the roster, and he’ll be the team’s No. 3 QB Sunday vs. Seattle.

Smith? His days with the 49ers appear decidedly numbered. He was seen briefly during the team’s open locker room period early Wednesday afternoon, ice attached to his injured right shoulder with bandages, walking towards meeting rooms for the team’s regular 12:30 quarterbacks meeting.

But that’s a place Smith no longer needs to be, and it will be interesting to see if he’ll continue to hang close to the team – some players go on injured reserve and are never seen around the team the rest of the season – because his salary figures practically prohibit Smith being part of the 49ers in 2009 if he is not their starting quarterback.

Coach Mike Nolan made it clear that’s a subject he didn’t want to talk about Wednesday.

Nolan displayed little emotion or sentiment when he announced Smith’s status at the start of his morning media briefing for Seattle week.

“Alex Smith will be placed on IR, he has a shoulder injury,” Nolan said. “I have no specifics about the injury whatsoever. He’ll be on IR, it’s a shoulder injury, and that’s about as far as I’ll go specifically.”

Nolan said he didn’t even know the diagnosis for Smith or whether he is headed for another surgery on the right shoulder that required season-ending surgery after Smith separated the shoulder in Week 4 of last season.

“Nope,” Nolan said. “All I need to know is if he’ll be back on this football team so that I can make an adjustment to our roster. So I don’t have any specifics for you other than that.”

When asked about future plans for Smith, and whether the team might consider letting him go now so that he could begin shaping a career elsewhere, Nolan replied, “I’ll just tell you real clearly, I’m not going to answer any hypothetical questions about what it’s going to be in the future. We’ll cross that bridge when we get there. My focus right now is on Seattle. If you want to talk about Seattle we’ll do it, or otherwise we’re pretty much done.”

Smith appears pretty much done in San Francisco. He is owed a non-guaranteed base salary of $9.625 million in 2009, and if he were on the San Francisco roster next season, he would count $12.292 million against the team's 2009 salary cap.

General manager Scot McCloughan went on record last week saying Smith would have to clearly exhibit that he’s going to be San Francisco’s starting quarterback in 2009 to return next year at those numbers. And now, obviously, Smith won’t have an opportunity to exhibit that in 2008.

“You can’t. You just can’t,” McCloughan said when asked if the 49ers could have Smith return as a backup in 2009 at his current cap figures. “At any position, the amount of money we’re going to invest in him, it’d have to be proven that he is the guy, (when) we get into the offseason, he’s our guy for next year.”

The offseason still is a long way away, and the 49ers wouldn’t have to make a final roster decision on Smith until the end of February. The team is on the hook for Smith’s $2.3 million base salary this season. His cap number for 2008 is $9.916 million. But if he no longer is in the team’s plans, the 49ers can release him as soon as this season is over. He would count $5.3 million against the team’s 2009 cap if he is released.

Then there’s the question of whether Smith would want to come back to the 49ers, where he has been through four offensive coordinators in four years and had a public spat last year with the head coach regarding Smith’s toughness.

Smith declined comment Wednesday. It still has not been decided whether he will undergo surgery to repair a fractured bone in his right shoulder, Smith’s latest injury that came to the forefront when he felt significant pain while making a deep throw at the end of last Friday’s practice session.

Smith had made it through training camp and the preseason without much incident regarding the throwing shoulder that underwent surgery last December to repair three torn ligaments.

Smith is scheduled to make $24.6 million with the 49ers over the next two seasons, and considering Smith’s agent Tom Condon reportedly feels the team has mishandled his client over the past two years, it is unlikely either side would be much interested in renegotiating his contract for Smith to remain in San Francisco.

Smith hasn’t really shown on the field that he deserves to be the No. 1 quarterback here anyway – a role that was handed to him during his first three seasons with the team after San Francisco selected him with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2005 draft. Smith was beaten out for the starting job this summer by journeyman J.T. O’Sullivan, who joined the 49ers as a free agent earlier this year.

Smith has an 11-19 record as San Francisco’s starting quarterback, and in three seasons with the 49ers has completed 54.4 percent of his passes for 4,679 yards with 19 touchdown and 31 interceptions for a career quarterback rating of 63.5.

Shaun Hill, who shared the first-team snaps with Smith during the first week of training camp in July while O’Sullivan watched from the sidelines, said it’s not accurate to label Smith a bust in his time with the 49ers.

“I don’t think he’s a bust at all,” said Hill, who has replaced Smith as O’Sullivan’s backup. “I don’t agree with any of that. Last year with the injuries – and injuries do happen – that’s what hampered him. Trent (Dilfer) and I were so excited last year about what he was going to do that season. He looked so good in the preseason, so good throughout practice, so good in the offseason, even. We were just so excited about what he was going to do. I’m just very sad that this is happening to him again with the injury. Hopefully, they can get it corrected, and he can move on.”

Said running back Frank Gore, who joined the 49ers at the same time as Smith, “I’m sorry to hear about his shoulder and the other stuff that’s out there about he might not come back. I feel sorry for him. He was a great teammate.”

“Was” being the operative word there. The 49ers, it seems, already are thinking and talking about Alex Smith in the past tense.

Great thread for this post. I love cross thread humor.

Hammock Parties
11-15-2013, 11:10 AM
You must not have taken arm strength, accuracy, or INT's into account...

Cassel completed intermediate throws at a higher percentage with more TDs and fewer INTs.

Eleazar
11-15-2013, 11:14 AM
Matt Cassel threw 450 passes in 2010. Alex has already thrown 315.

The comparison is laughable.

What, Andy Reid's offenses are designed around not exposing the QB, are they not? :)

htismaqe
11-15-2013, 11:15 AM
Cassel completed intermediate throws at a higher percentage with more TDs and fewer INTs.

ROFL

threebag

GoCassel

htismaqe
What, Andy Reid's offenses are designed around not exposing the QB, are they not? :)

Exactly. LOL

Marcellus
11-15-2013, 11:18 AM

You remember when Clay said if Alex threw more than 24 times a game he couldn't possibly keep his turnovers at the same rate he has the last 2 years?

Rember when he said Smith couldn't win any games throwing more than 24 times a game?

Hammock Parties
11-15-2013, 11:19 AM
You remember when Clay said if Alex threw more than 24 times a game he couldn't possibly keep his turnovers at the same rate he has the last 2 years?

Rember when he said Smith couldn't win any games throwing more than 24 times a game?

I never said those things.

Marcellus
11-15-2013, 11:24 AM
I never said those things.

Yea you did. I am not digging through your 50billion posts.

I know what you said. It may not have been those words exact but it was the same thing.

You know it too and you know you were wrong yet again. Thats enough for me.

Messier
11-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Thought this thread might be a good place for this...

http://i.imgur.com/FVpVdpm.jpg

Were you listening to what they were saying when comparing the two? They said, although their stats look similar, Fitzpatrick has made costly mistakes that Smith hasn't.

Hammock Parties
11-15-2013, 11:27 AM
What I said was that Alex Smith could not maintain the level of efficiency he showed in San Francisco throwing 35 times a game.

That is what has happened.

His completion percentage, TD percentage, yards per attempt/completion, completion percentage and QB rating have taken nosedives.

Rausch
11-15-2013, 11:30 AM
What I said was that Alex Smith could not maintain the level of efficiency he showed in San Francisco throwing 35 times a game.

His completion percentage, TD percentage, yards per attempt/completion, completion percentage and QB rating have taken nosedives.

Who else predicted that?

http://wpb.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/31/2012/08/ferris-bueller-boring.png

htismaqe
11-15-2013, 11:31 AM

Nosedive?

Smith's career QBR is 79. His QBR this year is 81.

Eleazar
11-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Yea you did. I am not digging through your 50billion posts.

You don't need to. Just about everything he says about the quarterback position is proved wrong. He relentlessly pimped Damon Huard, for ***** sake

He makes all his "evaluations" by googling stats and cherrypicking those that show what he wants to show, like yards per completion, eschewing all others.

You do have to do some crazy contortions in attempting to show that the quarterback of the passing attack that is dead last in the NFL is elite, as he does.

duncan_idaho
11-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Nosedive?

One of the most common defenses of Alex Smith was to point to his good QB ratings in San Francisco the past two years. (90.7 and 104.1) as how efficient he could be.

When Clay and others talked about him not being able to perform at the same level when asked to throw more, this is the "Level" to which he was being compared, not his career QBR.

duncan_idaho
11-15-2013, 11:39 AM
Here's yet another All-22 breakdown (http://nfl.si.com/2013/11/14/alex-smith-kansas-city-chiefs-dwayne-bowe-all-22/) of Alex Smith in which the reviewer mentions how All-22 makes it evident how many open throws Alex Smith avoids.

Just for fun.

htismaqe
11-15-2013, 11:39 AM
One of the most common defenses of Alex Smith was to point to his good QB ratings in San Francisco the past two years. (90.7 and 104.1) as how efficient he could be.

When Clay and others talked about him not being able to perform at the same level when asked to throw more, this is the "Level" to which he was being compared, not his career QBR.

Well it's pretty obvious that last year's QBR was an aberration. Not sure why anybody would expect him to suddenly turn into Joe Montana.

Of course, it doesn't' diminish the fact at all that comparing him to Matt Cassel is fucking hilariously stupid.

Marcellus
11-15-2013, 11:40 AM

Clay actually used specific numbers of throws etc...and said we couldn't win nor could he keep his turnover rate down.

Also when people talk about how is playing they continually say he cant improve because he is at his "career" average now so why would I expect he could play better. They aren't discussing his drop off from 2010 and 2011. Believe me I have been part of the conversations all week.

In other words it gets flipped to whatever suits your argument.

Rausch
11-15-2013, 11:44 AM
Here's yet another All-22 breakdown (http://nfl.si.com/2013/11/14/alex-smith-kansas-city-chiefs-dwayne-bowe-all-22/) of Alex Smith in which the reviewer mentions how All-22 makes it evident how many open throws Alex Smith avoids.

Just for fun.

Alex is the perfect example of that rare boxer that has everything he needs to win other than that instinct to let go when he's got the other guy hurt.

I bet I've watched a 1,000 fights (between MMA and Boxing) and the most frustrating thing ever is a super talented guy who has someone dazed and is too afraid to finish...

duncan_idaho
11-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Clay actually used specific numbers of throws etc...and said we couldn't win nor could he keep his turnover rate down.

Also when people talk about how is playing they continually say he cant improve because he is at his "career" average now so why would I expect he could play better. They aren't discussing his drop off from 2010 and 2011. Believe me I have been part of the conversations all week.

Fair enough, and I haven't been involved in all the arguments this week. Not defending Clay's stance necessarily... just the stance that many (myself included) held before the season.

That Smith's efficiency was unlikely to hold up when asked to do more. That has been proven true, so far.

You could probably get 2011 and 2012 production from Smith again if you set up the same environment (low attempts, run-heavy offense) that Smith played in out there. But that's not something any of us should expect to see from Andy Reid any time soon.

duncan_idaho
11-15-2013, 11:47 AM
Alex is the perfect example of that rare boxer that has everything he needs to win other than that instinct to let go when he's got the other guy hurt.

I bet I've watched a 1,000 fights (between MMA and Boxing) and the most frustrating thing ever is a super talented guy who has someone dazed and is too afraid to finish...

Yes. watching him, I understand what Andy Reid saw when he was drooling over him and made him a target.

He CAN make all the throws and plays, physically. He's just not going to do it. Not part of his makeup.

Rausch
11-15-2013, 11:50 AM
Yes. watching him, I understand what Andy Reid saw when he was drooling over him and made him a target.

He CAN make all the throws and plays, physically. He's just not going to do it. Not part of his makeup.

Exactly.

When Andy told him to "swing away Merril, swing away" I was very a-feared.

Now I see it wasn't team related, system related, it's fucking INGRAINED in his fucking DNA that avoiding a mistake is more important than making a play...

Hammock Parties
11-15-2013, 12:24 PM
Nosedive?

Nosedive from his fake San Francisco bullshit days.

But you are right. He has reverted to form. To the QB he's always been...mister below average dyingly sad....

ChiefsCountry
11-15-2013, 12:26 PM

Yep. Alex Smith should be a top 5 quarterback in the league. He is just a scared pussy throwing the ball which is why he around #20 in the league instead of the top.

Jakemall
11-15-2013, 01:03 PM
Fair enough, and I haven't been involved in all the arguments this week. Not defending Clay's stance necessarily... just the stance that many (myself included) held before the season.

That Smith's efficiency was unlikely to hold up when asked to do more. That has been proven true, so far.

You could probably get 2011 and 2012 production from Smith again if you set up the same environment (low attempts, run-heavy offense) that Smith played in out there. But that's not something any of us should expect to see from Andy Reid any time soon.

He also has been asked to do more with less. I don't think he's done a horrible job. I don't think reasonable person had expectations that he was going to repeat last year's stats. That said, I did expect a little more. We'll see..season isn't over.

htismaqe
11-15-2013, 01:19 PM
Nosedive from his fake San Francisco bullshit days.

But you are right. He has reverted to form. To the QB he's always been...mister below average dyingly sad....

And yet he's STILL not Matt Cassel.

duncan_idaho
11-15-2013, 01:27 PM
He also has been asked to do more with less. I don't think he's done a horrible job. I don't think reasonable person had expectations that he was going to repeat last year's stats. That said, I did expect a little more. We'll see..season isn't over.

More with less? On the OL, sure.

But talent at the skill positions is at least comparable, if not better. Bowe is the best individual WR he has played with. Charles is better than Gore, though Gore is a good back.

TE play is obviously not good. Avery is also not a BAD No. 2 WR, compared to what Smith has had to work with.

If you don't think this is a horrible job, what is? Alex Smith is in the last third in the NFL in every individual stat that matters except for INTs thrown.

Hammock Parties
11-15-2013, 03:27 PM

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Jakemall
11-15-2013, 03:53 PM
More with less? On the OL, sure.

But talent at the skill positions is at least comparable, if not better. Bowe is the best individual WR he has played with. Charles is better than Gore, though Gore is a good back.

TE play is obviously not good. Avery is also not a BAD No. 2 WR, compared to what Smith has had to work with.

If you don't think this is a horrible job, what is? Alex Smith is in the last third in the NFL in every individual stat that matters except for INTs thrown.

Oline is more important than the receivers IMO...with that said...

Bowe is obviously as good as Crabtree...maybe better..not sure... But I don't know if I'd put Avery on the same level as Manningham...but McCluster is better than anyone else that was on the 9er WR core. There's certainly no one who could replace VD. In SF, Vernon was Alex's #2 receiver. Don't forget he had Delanie Walker over there too. There's no one in KC that come close to either of those guys. I would agree that Charles is better than Gore.

Overall..yes he has less...much less.

Horrible would mean to me that he was losing games for the team..he's not.

duncan_idaho
11-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Oline is more important than the receivers IMO...with that said...

Bowe is obviously as good as Crabtree...maybe better..not sure... But I don't know if I'd put Avery on the same level as Manningham...but McCluster is better than anyone else that was on the 9er WR core. There's certainly no one who could replace VD. In SF, Vernon was Alex's #2 receiver. Don't forget he had Delanie Walker over there too. There's no one in KC that come close to either of those guys. I would agree that Charles is better than Gore.

Overall..yes he has less...much less.

Horrible would mean to me that he was losing games for the team..he's not.

I'd call the skill talent basically a wash, possibly with a slight edge to this Chiefs group based on having a better primary WR and a better RB, with at least the 2011 49ers. (Better at No. 1 WR, worse at No. 2, better at No. 3, worse at TE, better at RB).

The OL isn't as good, but the playmakers he has around him are good enough.

JENKINSWINS
11-15-2013, 05:24 PM
I'd call the skill talent basically a wash, possibly with a slight edge to this Chiefs group based on having a better primary WR and a better RB, with at least the 2011 49ers. (Better at No. 1 WR, worse at No. 2, better at No. 3, worse at TE, better at RB).

The 49ers are in year 3 under Harbaugh and Co., this is year 1 for KC under Reid and Co... So the edge definitely goes to the 49ers. End of argument.

Easy 6
11-15-2013, 05:27 PM
From certain posts the last two days and my own intuition i just know... some people here reeeally HATE the fact that Htis is being rational and reasonable about the issue, instead of piling on with a bunch of irrational crap.

HAHA LMAO

duncan_idaho
11-15-2013, 05:29 PM
From certain posts the last two days and my own intuition i just know... some people here reeeally HATE the fact that Htis is being rational and reasonable about the issue, instead of piling on with a bunch of irrational crap.

HAHA LMAO

I'm just happy to see him posting a lot. Makes this old-school CP member happy. It seems like all is right with the world with htis posting frequently.

My internet persona and posting style is heavily modeled on htismaqe and our old, dear friend Jim/Vlad.

SAUTO
11-15-2013, 05:45 PM

They didn't make a fucking 67 pinto
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
11-15-2013, 05:50 PM

I haven't flipped anything. He's playing to his career averages.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
11-15-2013, 05:54 PM

HAHA LMAO I like htis quite a bit but we all need to remember what he did when the trade and draft went down.

He was done, remember?

But I am glad he's back.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-15-2013, 05:57 PM
Can someone PLEASE regale me with more stories of Vernon Davis!

Easy 6
11-15-2013, 06:01 PM
I like htis quite a bit but we all need to remember what he did when the trade and draft went down.

He was done, remember?

But I am glad he's back.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh yeah, i remember... but what he's done is a thing we've heard a lot in the news the last 10 years in regard to the wars...

He adjusted to the facts on the ground.

But i'm also glad he's back, i hate it when well known, respected posters just split.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-15-2013, 06:02 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2013/11/12/50-cent-andy-reid-niners.gif

SAUTO
11-15-2013, 06:05 PM
Oh yeah, i remember... but what he's done is a thing we've heard a lot in the news the last 10 years in regard to the wars...

He adjusted to the facts on the ground.

But i'm also glad he's back, i hate it when well known, respected posters just split.

Good way of putting it.

wish I had thought of that yesterday with Marcy
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
11-15-2013, 06:06 PM

Uh-Oh.

You got caught up. Run away as fast as you can!

Easy 6
11-15-2013, 06:09 PM
Good way of putting it.

wish I had thought of that yesterday with Marcy
Posted via Mobile Device

Got me on that one, who's Marcy?

SAUTO
11-15-2013, 06:11 PM
Got me on that one, who's Marcy?

Lmao marcellus
Posted via Mobile Device

New World Order
11-15-2013, 06:14 PM
You don't need to. Just about everything he says about the quarterback position is proved wrong. He relentlessly pimped Damon Huard, for ***** sake

He makes all his "evaluations" by googling stats and cherrypicking those that show what he wants to show, like yards per completion, eschewing all others.

You do have to do some crazy contortions in attempting to show that the quarterback of the passing attack that is dead last in the NFL is elite, as he does.

You will get your chance on Sunday to prove Alex's worth.

Easy 6
11-15-2013, 06:15 PM
Lmao marcellus
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcy LMAO, i bet he loves that nickname...

duncan_idaho
11-15-2013, 06:16 PM
Marcy LMAO, i bet he loves that nickname...

He's smells sex and candy here.

Easy 6
11-15-2013, 06:21 PM
He's smells sex and candy here.

Whos that castin' devious stares in my direction...

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Mama...

this surely is a dream.

God I hated that fucking song.

Eleazar
11-15-2013, 07:18 PM
You will get your chance on Sunday to prove Alex's worth.

His worth will be proved out over his entire career as a Chief, and how far he takes the team in the postseason over that span.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Mama...

this surely is a dream.

God I hated that fucking song.

It's AWFUL

ayleswbj
11-16-2013, 04:03 AM
I think the TD's will come, but i said a few weeks ago you will start seeing the accurate passer that he is and in his last 3 games he is hovering around 66% completions. He is grasping the offense much better than earlier in the season. I admit i thought he would be around 15 TDs by now. Its also clear that KC has terrible recievers, Bowe looks absolutely like an old shot boxer out there. It looks like he signed a shoe contract with a cement company. People say hes getting open but hes not, hes just not. Slow Slow Slow. Avery is what he is. A decent 3 whos trying to play a 2. Fasano is not a upper tier TE and mcluster, he has enough years and body of work to realize he just isnt the player everyone though he would be. Alex is improving each week with accuracy which leads me to believe the TDs will follow. hopefully. Would love to see him 10-0, in the playoffs and Arrowhead stadium rockin with there awesome fans.

ayleswbj
11-16-2013, 04:05 AM
I think the TD's will come, but i said a few weeks ago you will start seeing the accurate passer that he is and in his last 3 games he is hovering around 66% completions. He is grasping the offense much better than earlier in the season. I admit i thought he would be around 15 TDs by now. Its also clear that KC has terrible recievers, Bowe looks absolutely like an old shot boxer out there. It looks like he signed a shoe contract with a cement company. People say hes getting open but hes not, hes just not. Slow Slow Slow. Avery is what he is. A decent 3 whos trying to play a 2. Fasano is not a upper tier TE and mcluster, he has enough years and body of work to realize he just isnt the player everyone though he would be. Alex is improving each week with accuracy which leads me to believe the TDs will follow. hopefully. Would love to see him 10-0, in the playoffs and Arrowhead stadium rockin with there awesome fans.

AussieChiefsFan
11-16-2013, 05:33 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2013/11/12/50-cent-andy-reid-niners.gifROFL

whoman69
11-16-2013, 10:29 AM
Alex is just pacing himself, like the athlete who doesn't have sex before a game, or in his case, ever.

Jakemall
11-16-2013, 11:32 AM

I don't really agree...

While I might agree that Bowe is better than Crabtree and that Charles is better than Gore...the margins are very small in my opinion.

The margin at TE is not small. It's huge...and there were two of them (Vernon and Delanie). That's an extra ELITE target on the field every passing down (and they were better blockers too)...and you can't dismiss that.

duncan_idaho
11-16-2013, 12:08 PM
I don't really agree...

While I might agree that Bowe is better than Crabtree and that Charles is better than Gore...the margins are very small in my opinion.

The margin at TE is not small. It's huge...and there were two of them (Vernon and Delanie). That's an extra ELITE target on the field every passing down (and they were better blockers too)...and you can't dismiss that.

Did you just call Delanie Walker an elite target?

Bowe is better than Crabtree, and I wouldn't argue that margin is huge.

But Jamaal Charles vs. Gore? Yeah, that's a pretty big margin, IMO. You're talking about the guy who came into this season as the NFL leader in YPC - career. A guy who ran for 1500 yards a year ago when everyone knew he was the only thing that could potentially hurt them.

Gore is a good NFL back, but he's not in that territory.

ViperVisor
11-16-2013, 12:28 PM
Delanie Walker is a mismatch.

I called his big game on Thursday. I know Walker and I know the Colts LBs.

Was always fast but his size made him a tweener.

Anthony Fasano was quicker in the agility drills than Walker.

Also not natural hands. Last year he dropped 20-30% of passes that could of been caught.

Also bit of a dum-dum so he's slow to pick up the nuances of the game.

Last year he had 8 or 9 drops to go with 21 catches.
This year 1 drop, 39 catches.

One of the best comical moments last year were the whiny twats on a 49ers board complaining Smith actually threw a pass too hard. And that is why Delanie dropped it.

Earthling
11-16-2013, 12:33 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2013/11/12/50-cent-andy-reid-niners.gif

LOL One of the best gif's of the year!!

Jakemall
11-17-2013, 01:36 AM
Did you just call Delanie Walker an elite target?

Bowe is better than Crabtree, and I wouldn't argue that margin is huge.

But Jamaal Charles vs. Gore? Yeah, that's a pretty big margin, IMO. You're talking about the guy who came into this season as the NFL leader in YPC - career. A guy who ran for 1500 yards a year ago when everyone knew he was the only thing that could potentially hurt them.

Gore is a good NFL back, but he's not in that territory.

Charles ran for 1500 yards and Gore ran for 1200. Then you had Kendall Hunter who was averaging something like 5.2 yards a carry also as the back up. I don't know who the KC back up was last season nor how much he touched the field to rest Charles. I assume he did some? So while Frank is certainly a step behind Jamaal...I'm sure some ground was made up in the running game in general when they rested the backs. What also doesn't show statiscally is how good a blocker Gore is in the passing game. Not to take away from Charles here..he's good..very good...but Gore is better...in fact, I think he's the best in the NFL.

I meant Vd as Elite not Delanie...although I'd say Delanie would be a solid step up from any TE currently on the KC roster...and I'd still argue that having either one of them on the field opens things up that aren't possible with the current KC roster.

I think I can see now why we are having our disagreement now. If I felt the same way about this roster being basically equal to what he had in SF, I'd probably be saying the exact same thing. But I don't...especially when we get back to the OL.

Hammock Parties
11-17-2013, 11:55 AM
same as it ever was

http://i.imgur.com/Pp0CIqe.jpg

petegz28
11-17-2013, 12:10 PM
same as it ever was

http://i.imgur.com/Pp0CIqe.jpg

50% of Manning's yards are YAC

Which give Manning a whopping 4.26 yards per attempt when you calulate how far he actually throws the ball

Hammock Parties
11-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Don't care, Manning is a HOFer.

duncan_idaho
11-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Charles ran for 1500 yards and Gore ran for 1200. Then you had Kendall Hunter who was averaging something like 5.2 yards a carry also as the back up. I don't know who the KC back up was last season nor how much he touched the field to rest Charles. I assume he did some? So while Frank is certainly a step behind Jamaal...I'm sure some ground was made up in the running game in general when they rested the backs. What also doesn't show statiscally is how good a blocker Gore is in the passing game. Not to take away from Charles here..he's good..very good...but Gore is better...in fact, I think he's the best in the NFL.

I meant Vd as Elite not Delanie...although I'd say Delanie would be a solid step up from any TE currently on the KC roster...and I'd still argue that having either one of them on the field opens things up that aren't possible with the current KC roster.

I think I can see now why we are having our disagreement now. If I felt the same way about this roster being basically equal to what he had in SF, I'd probably be saying the exact same thing. But I don't...especially when we get back to the OL.

I wouldn't argue the overall offensive unit is as good as it was in San Francisco, as the OL is not nearly as good.

But the skill talent? Yeah, I'd still give an edge to the KC guys. Not a huge one, but an edge. You make good points about Vernon Davis, though I disagree with you quite a bit on Gore/Charles... separation there is pretty large. Charles ran for 1500 yards and over 5 yards per carry while paired with the worst QB situation in the NFL. He also was the NFL career leader in YPC entering this season.

Ultimately: The talent around Alex Smith is good enough that he SHOULD be doing more with it. I think most can agree to that.

petegz28
11-17-2013, 12:15 PM
to break it down on Manning...

according to http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/yards-after-the-catch/2013/

Den has a total of 1663 yards of YAC
Manning has a total of 3249 yards passing
Manning has 369 attempts

Do the math:

3249 yards total passing
-
1663 yards of YAC
/
369 attempts
=
4.29 yards per passing attempt of actual distance the ball was thrown

petegz28
11-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Don't care, Manning is a HOFer.

I'm talking about this year's Manning. I don't give a fuck about him going to the Hall or anything. I am talking about his offense this year and on this day in particular

Hammock Parties
11-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Meanwhile Manning LEADS THE ENTIRE NFL in deep completions.

Try again, retard.

petegz28
11-17-2013, 12:19 PM
Meanwhile Manning LEADS THE ENTIRE NFL in deep completions.

Try again, retard.

4.26 yards per attempt

Jakemall
11-17-2013, 12:26 PM
I wouldn't argue the overall offensive unit is as good as it was in San Francisco, as the OL is not nearly as good.

But the skill talent? Yeah, I'd still give an edge to the KC guys. Not a huge one, but an edge. You make good points about Vernon Davis, though I disagree with you quite a bit on Gore/Charles... separation there is pretty large. Charles ran for 1500 yards and over 5 yards per carry while paired with the worst QB situation in the NFL. He also was the NFL career leader in YPC entering this season.

Ultimately: The talent around Alex Smith is good enough that he SHOULD be doing more with it. I think most can agree to that.

And I do and did agree with that. My comment was that I didn't think he was doing horrible considering. :D

Hammock Parties
11-17-2013, 12:30 PM
4.26 yards per attempt

Dude, you're showing your ass.

Manning throws the ball down the field more than most quarterbacks.

It is proven fact.

petegz28
11-17-2013, 12:31 PM

It is proven fact.

Actually he is not even in the top 4 of deep attempts but okay

Jakemall

It is proven fact.

More times or a higher %?

Hammock Parties
More times or a higher %?

47 vs 18

LMAO

Hammock Parties
11-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Actually he is not even in the top 4 of deep attempts but okay

Yes he is.

Look at the fucking chart you massive fucking moron.

http://i.imgur.com/GEKn7NG.jpg

petegz28
11-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Yes he is.

Look at the ****ing chart you massive ****ing moron.

http://i.imgur.com/GEKn7NG.jpg

So I was 1 off..boohoo

Just like Manning is actually tied for deepest completions with 2 other people and not leading.

Jakemall
11-17-2013, 12:37 PM
47 vs 18

LMAO

okay so that's number..now give me the %

If I throw 40 deep passes but throw 400 times that's 10%

If I throw 20 deep passes but throw 100 times that's 20%.

Edit: NM..it's 12%

So he's middle of the pack in terms of how many deep attempts as % of total attempts he makes.

petegz28
11-17-2013, 12:39 PM
okay so that's number..now give me the %

If I throw 40 deep passes but throw 400 times that's 10%

If I throw 20 deep passes but throw 100 times that's 20%.

Don't ask him that because he won't get it

Hammock Parties
11-17-2013, 12:40 PM
So I was 1 off..boohoo

Just like Manning is actually tied for deepest completions with 2 other people and not leading.

Same difference you idiot.

Alex Smith and Peyton Manning play completely different styles of football.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-17-2013, 12:41 PM

Yet both are winning.

petegz28
11-17-2013, 12:42 PM

Wow, did you figure that one out all by yourself???? :huh:

Hammock Parties
11-17-2013, 12:44 PM
So he's middle of the pack in terms of how many deep attempts as % of total attempts he makes.

Same as Brees and Rodgers.

Elite QBs, motherfucker.

Jakemall
11-17-2013, 12:45 PM
Wow, did you figure that one out all by yourself???? :huh:

No he read it somewhere or saw it on a video...

I think there was a video about what Alex and Manning had in common...

:D

Hammock Parties
11-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Pete needs to admit he's wrong.

His stupid statistic is completely irrelevant.

Jakemall
11-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Same as Brees and Rodgers.

Elite QBs, mother****er.

Carson Palmer and Eli Manning are also similarly placed...guess those guys are playing elite too...well based on this argument anyway.

Wow....just wow.

O.city
11-17-2013, 12:48 PM
The top 3 guys are your downfield passing chart combine to have losing records. I don't know that there is a direct correlation there to winning.

Hammock Parties
11-17-2013, 12:58 PM
Carson Palmer and Eli Manning are also similarly placed...guess those guys are playing elite too...well based on this argument anyway.

Wow....just wow.

I honestly don't give a fuck. Pete's posts are pointless.

Manning is elite, and leads the league in deep completions.

Alex is shit, and sucks turds for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Hammock Parties
The top 3 guys are your downfield passing chart combine to have losing records. I don't know that there is a direct correlation there to winning.

Look at the top 10 in deep completions.

Lot of winners, bro.

ViperVisor

They also fumble more balls.

Deep passing to some is just press the Y button Alex you lil bitch.

There is no complexity. The factor of O-Line blocking and having to hold the ball an extra second.
And the basic issue of some QBs have the handful of elite down-field WRs. Some have 2nd rate. Some 3rd rate.

Three7s
11-17-2013, 01:00 PM

Lot of winners, bro.
THROW IT DEEP! LMAO

O.city
11-17-2013, 01:01 PM

Lot of winners, bro.

There's also lots of losers and average teams.

Nightfyre
11-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Jason Campbell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alex Smith

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-17-2013, 02:24 PM
Jason Campbell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alex Smith

1 Throw? Did you watch the first half?

Nightfyre
11-17-2013, 02:27 PM
1 Throw? Did you watch the first half?

Fuck no. Why would I watch that game?

Jakemall
11-17-2013, 02:52 PM
I honestly don't give a ****. Pete's posts are pointless.

Manning is elite, and leads the league in deep completions.

Alex is shit, and sucks turds for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The only thing I'll agree with you on is that Pet's post was pointless.

4.23 air yards per attempt still puts him in the top 10 QBs.

Hammock Parties
11-17-2013, 03:00 PM
The only thing I'll agree with you on is that Pet's post was pointless.

4.23 air yards per attempt still puts him in the top 10 QBs.

Manning is #1 in air yards and #9 in air yards per attempt.

Alex is #23 in air yards and #38 in air yards per attempt. LMAO LMAO LMAO

Alex is #1 in YAC though!!! Thank you, shitty Chiefs receivers!

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/airYardsStats.php

rootbeerafloat
11-17-2013, 10:37 PM
bump for relevancy

Hammock Parties
11-17-2013, 11:28 PM
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t129/Uhr-Teufel/Humor/Thread_Bombs/TB_Alf_HA_Small.jpg

aturnis
11-17-2013, 11:30 PM
When was the last time Alex made a play throwing the ball while under pressure?

Snapplez
11-17-2013, 11:32 PM

It would be the first time

Sweet Daddy Hate
Sigh.

Clay and the PPF Factor were right.

jd1020

I guess you missed him escape pressure in the 2nd quarter and run for 30 yards to end the half...

Sure-Oz
11-17-2013, 11:33 PM
These WR's are dogshit as well...

Smith isn't a fucking all pro or even close but can't pin the offense all on him. This line is average at best too

aturnis
11-18-2013, 12:26 AM
I guess you missed him escape the playpressure in the 2nd quarter and run for 30 yards to end the half...

First i said throwing. Second. Yeah. Just the play we needed right? Damn coward.

jd1020
11-18-2013, 12:29 AM
First i said throwing. Second. Yeah. Just the play we needed right? Damn coward.

Passing leads to interceptions, can't have that...

Hammock Parties
11-18-2013, 01:22 AM
I got to update my signature.

2-28-1

Kaepernick
11-18-2013, 01:45 AM

Oooh! I know this one, Mr. Kotter.

2011. NFC Divisional game vs. the NO Saints.

New World Order
11-18-2013, 02:03 AM
It's very simple really. If the opposing team scores more than 20 points we will lose. It doesn't matter how bad the opposing defense is, we just can't put up points with a clown qb.

rabblerouser
11-18-2013, 07:34 AM
Maybe.

But when your QB doesn't read a blitz leaving guys wide open down the field to take a sack, your QB isn't helping.

and all this comes back to bite us in the posterior.

rabblerouser
11-18-2013, 07:35 AM
Oooh! I know this one, Mr. Kotter.

2011. NFC Divisional game vs. the NO Saints.

I remember that!

It feels like a lifetime ago.

Back when Manning was a Colt.

rabblerouser
11-18-2013, 07:36 AM
I guess you missed him escape pressure in the 2nd quarter and run for 30 yards to end the half...

No, he asked when the last time Smiff made a THROW under pressure. L. O. L.

el borracho
11-18-2013, 07:43 AM
I wonder where Smith thought he was going at the end of the first half. Did he really think he was going to run it in from 46 yards out? With no time left, you throw the ball, but I guess that is too risky in Smith's opinion.

jd1020
11-18-2013, 07:45 AM
I wonder where Smith thought he was going at the end of the first half. Did he really think he was going to run it in from 46 yards out? With no time left, you throw the ball, but I guess that is too risky in Smith's opinion.

Paddin dem stats.

Kinda like at the end of the game when the Chiefs were using their timeouts to try and get the ball back. They get the ball back and need a couple big throws to kick a FG then onside kick. What did Smith do? He looked at his completion % and said, "**** that! I need to throw behind the LoS to try and get that up!"

If you can't even take a chance with the clock reading 0:00 or when the other team is guaranteed to kneel on it if you give them back the ball then do everyone a favor, take the decision out of the coaches hands, and fucking bench yourself.

Sandy Vagina
11-18-2013, 08:02 AM
These WR's are dogshit as well...

Smith isn't a ****ing all pro or even close but can't pin the offense all on him. This line is average at best too

Yeah, he's not a QB that can excel with an underwhelming OL and receiving corps. :shrug:

Messier
11-18-2013, 09:49 AM
Didn't have a good second half, but felt he was playing well, without much help in the first half. Went back into a shell.

Bearcat
11-18-2013, 10:00 AM
The big stat from last night.... oddly enough, the last two games Manning has won a game while being held under 21 points were both against the Chiefs.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/bearcat2002/20131117_201214_zpsdaf759b1.jpg

ChiefsCountry
11-18-2013, 10:54 AM
The play that sums Alex Smith in a nutshell was the hail mary attempt at the end of the first half. Instead of chucking it up there, just ran the ball. Pure Alex Smith chicken shit.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Albert-1st round pick
Allen-2nd round pick
Hudson-2nd round pick
Asamoah-3rd round pick
Fisher- first overall pick

This OL sucks why no thread for all the high wasted picks?

GoChargers
11-18-2013, 11:26 AM
Albert-1st round pick
Allen-2nd round pick
Hudson-2nd round pick
Asamoah-3rd round pick

Maybe because the quarterback you traded so many valuable picks for should be able to get it done with a subpar O-line like the franchise QB your front office seems to think he is?

ChiefsCountry
11-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Maybe because the quarterback you traded so many valuable picks for should be able to get it done with a subpar O-line like the franchise QB your front office seems to think he is?

Here he will read this:

@OriolesDouche #AlexSmithsucks

durtyrute
11-18-2013, 11:29 AM
If you want to blame anyone for the game, Alex should be pretty damn close to the bottom of the list.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-18-2013, 11:29 AM

Funny i never seen Reid or Dorsey call him a Franchise QB. Supply and Demand was why he cost that much in a trade.

salame
11-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Albert-1st round pick
Allen-2nd round pick
Hudson-2nd round pick
Asamoah-3rd round pick

Jeff Allen is TERRIBLE
so is HUDSON

Fisher looks to be a nice turd as well

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Here he will read this:

@OriolesDouche #AlexSmithsucks

Cool story bro.

aturnis
11-18-2013, 11:31 AM
If you want to blame anyone for the game, Alex should be pretty damn close to the bottom of the list.

You can't be fucking serious.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-18-2013, 11:34 AM

Yup. WR cant get open, OL Sucks, Drops, Fumble.

durtyrute
11-18-2013, 11:35 AM
You can't be fucking serious.

Play calling, drops, no separation by wide outs, tips (which is either o-line or Alex throwing too low), play calling, penalties and then Alex

durtyrute
11-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Yup. WR cant get open, OL Sucks, Drops, Fumble.

He wasn't a world beater by any means, but the blame should definitely go elsewhere first.

I can't get on Sherman for the fumble, it was the second hit, he held on for the first one.

ThaVirus
11-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Albert-1st round pick
Allen-2nd round pick
Hudson-2nd round pick
Asamoah-3rd round pick

Because we have the youngest offensive line in the NFL and they're in their first year of a new blocking scheme. I'm not absolving them of blame- not at all actually.

Our offensive line is absolute dogshit. It seems that someone fails and becomes a swinging door on every single play. They don't give Alex more than 3 seconds, ever, and don't do a ****ing thing to move guys out of the way and create lanes for JC. Take that goal-to-go situation last night. 1st and goal from the 2 yard line and you can't pound it in with three straight runs? You don't deserve to win. It's as simple as that.

With that said, Alex Smith ****ing sucks and I give his ass an F grade for last night's abortion. The sieve that is our offensive line and some crucial drops certainly don't do much to help, but I felt the drops mostly came early in the game (Avery's back shoulder, Jamaal's two sequential drops [which are actually null as that drive ended in Bowe's TD]).

There was a point when the dropsies stopped (save one or two from Bowe) and the line was doing a serviceable job and Alex pissed down his leg. I mean, just comical shit really. Taking the sack with the 1st half drawing to a close, which brought us out of field goal range and forced us to burn our last timeout. As an NFL QB YOU JUST CAN'T ****ING TAKE THAT SACK. Any schlub on his living room sofa knew that. Then, two plays later when we obviously needed a Hail Mary to have any chance of generating points with the clock at 0:00 this ****er takes off for a 25 yard wind sprint for absolutely no reason. Incredible.

I could go on forever really. After that debacle, we come out to start the second half and force Manning into like three or four short drives with no points, down 7. What does Alex do with that golden opportunity? He pretty much goes 3 and out every time. I've read that we gained a total of 26 yards on those four drives when Manning went 3 and out. That's just leaving your defense out to dry, as he's done pretty much every game this season.

I'm tired of bashing this ****er in this post so I'll just end it with one last critiques. Sometime in the 3rd quarter, I believe. If I remember right we're down by 17 or 10 at this point and its 3rd and 27. We have Jamaal lined up wide on the left side with McCluster to his right in the slot. The peculiar thing about this play is that Charles has a LB in 1-on-1 coverage. So the ball is snapped and Alex immediately throws the ball at McCluster's feet, who had just run a 1 yard quick slant. It was so obvious at that point that Alex just doesn't know how to read a defense. 95% of QBs in this league take that matchup and turn it into a big gain.

****!

Mr. Laz
11-18-2013, 11:59 AM
With that said, Alex Smith ****ing sucks and I give his ass an F grade for last night's abortion.
You're smoking too much crack.

Alex Smith was well above average last night. He was much more aggressive and didn't implode and start throwing picks. He's still nothing special but he was good enough to win the game. Still no running game to speak of and he was repeatedly let down by our WRs,Oline and coaching staff.

ChiefsCountry
11-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Alex Smith just takes sacks. I wish people would get this in their heads. He averages 2.5 sacks per game in his whole career. Same pace this year as well.

Mav
11-18-2013, 12:02 PM
Alex Smith just takes sacks. I wish people would get this in their heads. He averages 2.5 sacks per game in his whole career. Same pace this year as well.

would you rather him force it, and throw picks as well?

I mean, that is the alternative.

The Chiefs offense as a whole, outside of Charles, is average, to below average, by position.

Nightfyre
11-18-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm tired of bashing this ****er in this post so I'll just end it with one last critiques. Sometime in the 3rd quarter, I believe. If I remember right we're down by 17 or 10 at this point and its 3rd and 27. We have Jamaal lined up wide on the left side with McCluster to his right in the slot. The peculiar thing about this play is that Charles has a LB in 1-on-1 coverage. So the ball is snapped and Alex immediately throws the ball at McCluster's feet, who had just run a 1 yard quick slant. It was so obvious at that point that Alex just doesn't know how to read a defense. 95% of QBs in this league take that matchup and turn it into a big gain.

****!

On this particular play, I figure McCluster must have been the hot-route and Smith must have read blitz. He still should have identified the mismatch and adjusted, though. So did he just like... not even look at who Charles was matched up against? It was quite mindbottling.

JENKINSWINS
11-18-2013, 12:05 PM

Taking sacks has nothing to do with the Oline. :banghead:

People want Alex to take shots down the field, that also has nothing to do with the Oline. :banghead:

WRs dropped a lot of easy ones. :banghead:

Mav
I do have to agree with ThaVirus on two points. That ball had to go to Charles.

and the sack at the end of the first half. That was catastrophic.

Those were two very bad plays.

Good call ThaVirus.

BigCatDaddy
would you rather him force it, and throw picks as well?

<b>I mean, that is the alternative.</b>

The Chiefs offense as a whole, outside of Charles, is average, to below average, by position.

How about throwing it away and avoiding the negative play which this offense can't recover from?

I mean they got him to go from throwing picks to taking sacks so it seems like the next step is to go from taking sacks to throwing it away.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Jeff Allen is TERRIBLE
so is HUDSON

Fisher looks to be a nice turd as well

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-18-2013, 12:06 PM
How about throwing it away?

:LOL: Mind-reader.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-18-2013, 12:07 PM
They should be doing more crazy routes like that shit to McGrath.

FringeNC
11-18-2013, 12:08 PM

Alex Smith was well above average last night. He was much more aggressive and didn't implode and start throwing picks. He's still nothing special but he was good enough to win the game. Still no running game to speak of and he was repeatedly let down by our WRs,Oline and coaching staff.

I tend to agree with that sentiment. What I find interesting is the teams' response to the O-line and WR problems: No changes at all at O-line during the season but constantly shuffling the WR corps. Chad Hall starting one game? Seems that Reid and Dorsey think the receivers are the bigger problem.

Discuss Thrower
11-18-2013, 12:09 PM
They should be doing more crazy routes like that shit to McGrath.

A Redditor on the Chiefs subreddit said McGrath tipped the defense to Sherman's run on the goalline. Take that for what it's worth.

ChiefsCountry
The best game Alex Smith played as a Chief he had his most interceptions in as well. He just takes sacks, Casshole was the same way. You can give the stupid fucks Willie Roaf, Larry Allen, Will Shields blocking and they would still take sacks.

ThaVirus

No running game? We averaged damn near 6 YPC with Jamaal just under 5. What we lack is a commitment to the running game, which is Andy Reid's fault.

He completed less than 50% of his passes; that is just astoundingly terrible. Even if you count five of those incompletions as drops, he still didn't complete 60% of his passes.

.. And I didn't even mention the last drive. We were down 10 points with nothing to lose and this idiot was still checking down. It was laughable and a complete embarrassment on national television. Collinsworth laughed at him during that series and at one point, mid-play, screamed at Alex just to throw the fucking ball! The guy is so risk-averse it gives new meaning to being safe.

He's horrible.

Mav
11-18-2013, 12:10 PM
How about throwing it away and avoiding the negative play which this offense can't recover from?

I mean they got him to go from throwing picks to taking sacks so it seems like the next step is to go from taking sacks to throwing it away.

that would be a nice alternative.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-18-2013, 12:11 PM
A Redditor on the Chiefs subreddit said McGrath tipped the defense to Sherman's run on the goalline. Take that for what it's worth.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the trick route he ran that left him wide open and gained a 1st.

ChiefsCountry
11-18-2013, 12:12 PM
The guy is so risk-averse it gives new meaning to being safe.

He's horrible.

He wouldn't throw in on a hail mary attempt that's how risk-averse he is.

Discuss Thrower
11-18-2013, 12:12 PM
That has absolutely nothing to do with the trick route he ran that left him wide open and gained a 1st.

Still a 4th string TE so it's whatever. Chances are he won't be in KC next season so who gives a fuck.

Snapplez
11-18-2013, 12:13 PM

How so?

Mav
11-18-2013, 12:13 PM
No running game? We averaged damn near 6 YPC with Jamaal just under 5. What we lack is a commitment to the running game, which is Andy Reid's fault.

He completed less than 50% of his passes; that is just astoundingly terrible. Even if you count five of those incompletions as drops, he still didn't complete 60% of his passes.

.. And I didn't even mention the last drive. We were down 10 points with nothing to lose and this idiot was still checking down. It was laughable and a complete embarrassment on national television. Collinsworth laughed at him during that series and at one point, mid-play, screamed at Alex just to throw the ****ing ball! The guy is so risk-averse it gives new meaning to being safe.

He's horrible.

here I will disagree with you. Do you see all the weapons the broncos have?

Do you see anything like that for the Chiefs?

Alex doesn't trust anyone on this offense outside of Charles.

Discuss Thrower
11-18-2013, 12:14 PM
How so?

Source (http://www.reddit.com/r/KansasCityChiefs/comments/1qwoo8/so_mcgrath_cost_us_a_touchdown/)

I'm posting from my phone, so forgive me for not giving video evidence but im still pissed off enough to post. During our 2nd and goal from the denver 3 in the third quarter, I noticed right when we broke the huddle, McGrath excitedly tapped Sherman on the helmet. As soon as he did it...I told my wife "fb dive right". Denvers line saw the tap too and bunched the middle. It was an obvious gut run to begin with, but just something that if was coaching, mcgrath would have heen benched for giving up the play.
I will try and find the footage tonight if someone doesny beat me to it.
Just one example of how we could have made the score closer and possibly won without committing simple errors.

Snapplez
11-18-2013, 12:15 PM

I see one team that decided to have a weapon at QB. I see another that decided to have a placeholder at QB. You tell me which is which.

Mav
11-18-2013, 12:15 PM
He wouldn't throw in on a hail mary attempt that's how risk-averse he is.

who cares. Even if he lobbed it up, there is a less than 5 percent chance that anything positive comes from it.

If you want to bitch about something, bitch about the albatross of a sack he took to take the team out of any chance to attempt a fg to begin with.

That's where your anger should be.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-18-2013, 12:16 PM
Still a 4th string TE so it's whatever. Chances are he won't be in KC next season so who gives a fuck.

Goddamn. I've never seen someone miss a point so much in my life.

I don't care if they use Snoopy and motherfucking Linus to run the route. Do you get that?

It's the route, and the type of play that is the meat of the matter here.

Mav
11-18-2013, 12:17 PM
I see one team that decided to have a weapon at QB. I see another that decided to have a placeholder at QB. You tell me which is which.

how in any way shape or form is this comparable? Was Peyton Manning available this last offseason?

Snapplez
quotes and shit

That's really stupid. I hope that person was just seeing things.

ThaVirus

I guess I fail to see how we need a top 5 outside receiver and the best slot receiver of all time to look competent.

You don't need uber talent at every position to put up a few points. Philip Rivers and Tom Brady are proving that with their WRs this very season and Aaron Rodgers has done it countless times with a shitty offensive line.

I KNOW, I KNOW! Those guys are elite and shouldn't be the measuring stick for Alex blah blah blah. I don't give a shit. You give up two 2nd round picks for someone that you hand-picked as your guy and he needs to elevate the play of those around him. Alex just crashes and burns with them.

GoChargers
11-18-2013, 12:19 PM

You could give Alice all the weapons in the world and it wouldn't matter because he lives in fear of making a mistake.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-18-2013, 12:19 PM
who cares. Even if he lobbed it up, there is a less than 5 percent chance that anything positive comes from it.

If you want to bitch about something, bitch about the albatross of a sack he took to take the team out of any chance to attempt a fg to begin with.

That's where your anger should be.

I'm done being angry with Smith. He is what he is. I just hope that the FO sees what he is as well, and doesn't try to bandage his mediocrity by wasting draft picks and FA signings on "shoring up the weaknesses of the offense" to "give him the help he needs to succeed".

Give an alcoholic a bottle of rum instead. It would produce a better overall result for the world at large.

KCUnited
11-18-2013, 12:20 PM
That's really stupid. I hope that person was just seeing things.

My wife saw the helmet pat and was like "he's getting the ball". She doesn't even know Sherman or McGrath's names, that's how much she pays attention.

Snapplez
11-18-2013, 12:20 PM
I KNOW, I KNOW! Those guys are elite and shouldn't be the measuring stick for Alex blah blah blah. I don't give a shit. You give up two 2nd round picks for someone that you hand-picked as your guy and he needs to elevate the play of those around him. Alex just crashes and burns with them.

This is entirely the point Mav. You miss it far too often, or simply choose to ignore it.

SAUTO
11-18-2013, 12:23 PM
This is entirely the point Mav. You miss it far too often, or simply choose to ignore it.

this

Mav
11-18-2013, 12:23 PM
I guess I fail to see how we need a top 5 outside receiver and the best slot receiver of all time to look competent.

You don't need uber talent at every position to put up a few points. Philip Rivers and Tom Brady are proving that with their WRs this very season and Aaron Rodgers has done it countless times with a shitty offensive line.

If I am not mistaken, the Chargers have one of the best TE's of all time in Gates. They also have a lot of weapons while not known, have been very good, including Keenan Allen who has been outstanding.

And the pats to start the season, looked like complete dog shit until Gronk came back.

Would peyton manning get more out of this offense than Alex Smith?

Absolutely. Tell me something. Without Julio Jones, and Roddy White, how has Matt Ryan looked?

This is Alex Smith. Smith without phenomenal talent, is Matt Ryan.

Don't tell me that talent wouldn't help alex smith.

Great weapons make mediocre qbs look great. Have for years.

yes, elite qbs can make okay talent look better, it can also work the other way.

Even with a great qb, the talent on the chiefs would still be mediocre.

Its that bad.

Including Alex Smith. Hes included. Everyone on the offense outside of Charles is in that Category.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-18-2013, 12:25 PM
Hey Clay; got a gif. of Chilly up in the booth expressing pretty much every Chiefs fans opinion on Chiefs offense?

Mav
11-18-2013, 12:26 PM

NO. that's YOUR POINT OF VIEW.

I knew exactly why the price was paid.

It was a second, and a conditional.

Andy and John saw an offense devoid of talent, and needed a caretaker.

You want to know how I know I am right, and you and your slurpers like JasonsAuto are wrong?

The fact that already the Chiefs have picked up 3 FORMER 49ER RECEIVERS THIS YEAR!!!!!!

and how I can tell you further how I am right, and you are wrong?

Watch HOW MASSIVE THE OVERHAUL is on the Chiefs offensive weapons will be in the offseason.

Take a guess at who will still be here.

Hint. Hes number 11

Mav
11-18-2013, 12:27 PM
dupe

GoChargers
11-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Unless they can overhaul Alice's brain to make him no longer afraid of throwing downfield and making plays instead of checkdowns, any offensive "overhaul" in the offseason won't do much.

Mav
11-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Unless they can overhaul Alice's brain to make him no longer afraid of throwing downfield and making plays instead of checkdowns, any offensive "overhaul" in the offseason won't do much.

he never ever ever ever, had a single problem throwing deep to Vernon davis.

MahiMike
11-18-2013, 12:33 PM
If I am not mistaken, the Chargers have one of the best TE's of all time in Gates. They also have a lot of weapons while not known, have been very good, including Keenan Allen who has been outstanding.

And the pats to start the season, looked like complete dog shit until Gronk came back.

Would peyton manning get more out of this offense than Alex Smith?

Absolutely. Tell me something. Without Julio Jones, and Roddy White, how has Matt Ryan looked?

This is Alex Smith. Smith without phenomenal talent, is Matt Ryan.

Don't tell me that talent wouldn't help alex smith.

Great weapons make mediocre qbs look great. Have for years.

yes, elite qbs can make okay talent look better, it can also work the other way.

Even with a great qb, the talent on the chiefs would still be mediocre.

Its that bad.

Including Alex Smith. Hes included. Everyone on the offense outside of Charles is in that Category.

:clap:

Well done. Even when Manning was in Indy, he had Marvin and Reggie to throw to. Now he has the best set of receivers that I've ever seen. We don't even have 1 guy starting for us that would make their team.

cookster50
11-18-2013, 12:36 PM

Not sure if serious, or just suffering from a brain lobotomy.