PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43

Jakemall
11-19-2013, 12:41 PM
By throwing shitty passes.

Good enough explination for you?

Shit there was one Sunday night that was so high and behind Bowe, it literally looked like Cassel threw it. In fact, it looked almost EXACTLY like a pass Cassel threw in New Orleans last year that got Bowe almost killed.

So you're saying that all but 4 of the passes were shitty?

Edit: and yes, I noticed the sp on my part. Nice rub.

Hammock Parties
11-19-2013, 12:42 PM

I saw at least three passes towards Bowe Sunday night that were awful.

Bowe was "targeted," yes. But they were pretty uncatchable balls.

Alex makes his WRs worse, deal with it.

Rausch
11-19-2013, 12:43 PM

Edit: and yes, I noticed the sp on my part. Nice rub.

I hope not. I can think of 4 catach-able balls that were dropped...

Jakemall
11-19-2013, 12:44 PM
I saw at least three passes towards Bowe Sunday night that were awful.

Bowe was "targeted," yes. But they were pretty uncatchable balls.

Alex makes his WRs worse, deal with it.

3 were awful and the rest were uncatchable? okay..gotcha.

Jakemall
11-19-2013, 12:45 PM
I hope not. I can think of 4 catach-able balls that were dropped...

and a few that he could have fought for...I thought that is what Bowe is supposed to be good at?

Hammock Parties
3 were awful and the rest were uncatchable? okay..gotcha.

I have no idea. I'm sure some were catchable.

Alex is not the most accurate guy beyond 10 yards though. It is a problem.

Snapplez
Alex smith has had dozens and dozens of WRs play for him over the years. Please name 3 WRs that have had multiple seasons better than their best season with Alex within a couple of years of no longer playing with him.

Edit: now that I think about it, I would be surprised to see you find one.

Top of my head: Brandon Lloyd, Randy Moss, Bowe, Crabtree

I'm sure there are plenty more WRs he's held back though

jd1020
It's pretty obvious why Bowe is on pace for by far his worst season ever... I don't recall Bowe ever dropping a pass prior to this season.

saphojunkie
11-19-2013, 12:46 PM
Are you saying other QB's have records just as bad in that scenario?

I'm saying there are a ton of reasons to be unhappy with Alex Smith as your starting QB, but arbitrary statistical benchmarks are for people with no qualitative reasoning.

Why not 23 points? (because his record improves?) Why not 26? (because other QB comparative records are diminished?) It's just a ****ing number picked out of a hat to prove a point.

I don't like evidence that is created to support a hypothesis.

Additionally, you have to throw out any game where Alex Smith's team ALSO scored more than 24 points, but still lost the game. You also have to factor in any game where Alex Smith scored more than 24 points, but the opponent did not.

You would ALSO have to do that for every other starting QB in the league and then you can compare the statistics, except even then it is misleading at best. How were those points scored?

It's a horrible, horrible statistic that means nothing, and the fact that it is in his signature in such large letters, as if loud proclamation, says so much about the man posting it.

keg in kc
11-19-2013, 12:47 PM
I hope not. I can think of 4 catach-able balls that were dropped...I've always thought that one of the problems with the drop discussion is that everybody wants to make it a mutually-exclusive "A or B" kind of thing. Whereas I think a pass can be (and often is) both poorly thrown and dropped.

Jakemall
11-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Top of my head: Brandon Lloyd, Randy Moss, Bowe, Crabtree

I'm sure there are plenty more WRs he's held back though

After they left...

Brandon Lloyd sucked for another 4 years and then had a couple of good seasons.

Moss retired the following year..couldn't get a job he wanted.

Crabtree has half a season without Alex...I think a little time is required for that one.

Bowe hasn't gone on to play for someone else...but I will say early in the season he was barely targeted...he's now the leading target the last few games.

ViperVisor
11-19-2013, 12:52 PM
Orton > Brady

LOOK AT HOW MUCH LLOYD'S YARDS WENT DOWN !!!

Hammock Parties
11-19-2013, 12:54 PM
No one cares about other QBs, dude. Give it up.

Just look at the throws Alice makes. Some of them are truly god awful.

ViperVisor
11-19-2013, 12:56 PM

You seem to care about other QBs. Geno Smith. That name ring a bell?

Hammock Parties
Why not 23 points? (because his record improves?) Why not 26? (because other QB comparative records are diminished?) It's just a ****ing number picked out of a hat to prove a point.

24 points is a pretty good cutoff point between pedestrian offenses and elite ones, wouldn't you say?

The main reason I use the statistic is because it was initially created for Mr. Cassel, and did a great job of showing what a ponce he was.

I am now applying the same standards for Mr. Smith, and what do you know...the same bell is ringing.

I am sure you could lower it to 20 points and Alex's record would be shitty compared to more well equipped QBs, too.

BlackHelicopters
Ball don't lie.

ChiefsCountry

And he takes a bunch of sacks as well. Makes the offensive line worst than what they are.

ViperVisor
11-19-2013, 12:58 PM
And he takes a bunch of sacks as well. Makes the offensive line worst than what they are.

This is not true.

jd1020
11-19-2013, 01:00 PM
This is not true.

How would you rate the OL of the 2011 49ers?

Because Alex was #1 in sacks.

Hammock Parties
11-19-2013, 01:01 PM
This is not true.

It's very true. He took a horrible sack to end the half on Sunday.

Even when the 49ers had a very good offensive line in 2012 he was on pace to take like 48 sacks.

Given time he is awful at holding the ball too long and taking a sack.

mschiefs1984
11-19-2013, 01:01 PM
They are all game managers

Not true.

Geno Smith is no game manager his first rule is to throw a pick or fumble clearly he should have been the choice. ROFL

ViperVisor
11-19-2013, 01:03 PM
How would you rate the OL of the 2011 49ers?

Because Alex was #1 in sacks.

Not true.

ViperVisor
11-19-2013, 01:03 PM
It's very true. He took a horrible sack to end the half on Sunday.

Even when the 49ers had a very good offensive line in 2012 he was on pace to take like 48 sacks.

Given time he is awful at holding the ball too long and taking a sack.

Not true.

jd1020
11-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Not true.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_SACKED&tabSeq=0&season=2011&Submit=Go&experience=&archive=true&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&qualified=false

ChiefsCountry
11-19-2013, 01:06 PM
This is not true.

Alex Smith in his career averages being sacked 2.5 times every game.

Matt Fucking Cassel is at 2 sacks a game.

Rausch
11-19-2013, 01:10 PM
24 points is a pretty good cutoff point between pedestrian offenses and elite ones, wouldn't you say?

The main reason I use the statistic is because it was initially created for Mr. Cassel, and did a great job of showing what a ponce he was.

I am now applying the same standards for Mr. Smith, and what do you know...the same bell is ringing.

I am sure you could lower it to 20 points and Alex's record would be shitty compared to more well equipped QBs, too.

Didn't you argue FOR Ca$$hole?...

Dr. Van Halen
11-19-2013, 01:10 PM

I think there may be some truth to this.

ViperVisor
11-19-2013, 01:11 PM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_SACKED&tabSeq=0&season=2011&Submit=Go&experience=&archive=true&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&qualified=false

Sack % was 29th out of 34 QBs who qualified.

jd1020
11-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Sack % was 29th out of 34 QBs who qualified.

Oh well that settles it.

Alex Smith doesnt take a lot of sacks!!!!

The guy drops back 68 times less than Ben Roethlisberger and takes 4 more sacks... Ben fucking Roethlisberger.

Idiot.

ThaVirus
11-19-2013, 01:19 PM
Oh well that settles it.

Alex Smith doesnt take a lot of sacks!!!!

The guy drops back 68 times less than Ben Roethlisberger and takes 4 more sacks... Ben ****ing Roethlisberger.

Idiot.

I was just about to say..

Smith took more sacks than any QB in the league and had one of the lowest numbers of pass attempts. His sack rate per pass attempt is similar to the likes of Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder. That's generally not awesome.

ViperVisor
11-19-2013, 01:23 PM
2013 stats from the 1st 2 months
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/under-pressure/2013/under-pressure-sack-breakdowns

2009-2010
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/under-pressure/2011/under-pressure

He was eating a string of sacks @ GB and & AZ 2012 but it was 6 sacks all in the 2nd half and the team winning by 2 or 3 scores.

And you want to get pissy about the sacks vs. Denver when he is wanting to get more time and room to make a play?

You are the yahoos who whine and complain if he attempts a shorter pass to get 5 yards instead of waiting and taking a shot.

It was an all go play and he didn't put it in the air like he should have get another chance at getting in position for a FG.
They risked a play with no outlet and Smith risked getting sacked trying to escape.

jd1020
11-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Smith just loves taking a sack to setup up a 64 yard FG attempt and instead run 30 yards with no time on the clock.

"Sorry guys! I was trying!"

BlackHelicopters
11-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Smith just loves taking a sack to setup up a 64 yard FG attempt and instead run 30 yards with no time on the clock.

LMAO

ViperVisor

What are you talking about?

He tried to run when the coverage was good
http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/0ap2000000283906/Broncos-defense-sack-9-yd-loss

Fisher got tossed asaide
http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/0ap2000000283937/Broncos-defense-sack-14-yd-loss

ThaVirus
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/under-pressure/2013/under-pressure-sack-breakdowns

2009-2010

He was eating a string of sacks @ GB and & AZ 2012 but it was 6 sacks all in the 2nd half and the team winning by 2 or 3 scores.

And you want to get pissy about the sacks vs. Denver when he is wanting to get more time and room to make a play?

You are the yahoos who whine and complain if he attempts a shorter pass to get 5 yards instead of waiting and taking a shot.

It was an all go play and he didn't put it in the air like he should have get another chance at getting in position for a FG.
They risked a play with no outlet and Smith risked getting sacked trying to escape.

So... You're defending the sack he took and the 30 yard wind sprint with time expired?

Wow. I wouldn't expect that from even the staunchest of Alex supporters.

Mr. Plow
11-19-2013, 01:41 PM

2009-2010

A lot of you guys make it seem like we play with no line. Smith had time on Sunday on a lot of pass attempts and still failed.

ThaVirus
11-19-2013, 01:42 PM
What are you talking about?

He tried to run when the coverage was good
http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/0ap2000000283906/Broncos-defense-sack-9-yd-loss

Fisher got tossed asaide
http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/0ap2000000283937/Broncos-defense-sack-14-yd-loss

:23 seconds on the clock and 1 time out remaining. You're playing for the field goal there, even with Aaron Rodgers as you're QB. At that point it was 1st and 10 at Denver's 42 yard line.

You absolutely 100% CANNOT take a sack in that situation. Not only did it takes us out of realistic FG range, we had to burn our final timeout after also running an additional 10 seconds off the clock. Throw it away- you still had 2 more downs to work with!

That is infuriating.

ViperVisor
11-19-2013, 01:42 PM
So... You're defending the sack he took and the 30 yard wind sprint with time expired?

Wow. I wouldn't expect that from even the staunchest of Alex supporters.

I said it was a bad idea to try and escape in that situation.

The final play of the half, who cares, find something else ignorantly complain about.

jd1020
11-19-2013, 01:43 PM
The final play of the half, who cares, find something else ignorantly complain about.

Exactly... Who cares?

I mean, the idea behind football is to not score points. This is hearts, not fucking baseball or something where higher scores matter.

ThaVirus
11-19-2013, 01:46 PM
I said it was a bad idea to try and escape in that situation.

No one here expected to score on a 50 yard Hail Mary to end the half. It really comes down to principle.

Not only did that idiot **** us out of any chance at a realistic field goal attempt, he then proceeded to pad his stats with a 25 yard scamper for NO ****ING REASON.

Mr. Plow
11-19-2013, 01:47 PM
How have Herm Edwards & Alex Smith never been on the same team together? That seems like a match made in heaven. Well, not heaven heaven. Some lower level of heaven for all the beige volvo driving people.

Rausch
11-19-2013, 01:50 PM
:23 seconds on the and 1 time out remaining. You're playing for the field goal there, even with Aaron Rodgers as you're QB. At that point it was 1st and 10 at Denver's 42 yard line.

You absolutely 100% CANNOT take a sack in that situation. Not only did it takes us out of realistic FG range, we had to burn our final timeout after also running an additional 10 seconds off the clock. Throw it away- you still had 2 more downs to work with!

That is infuriating.

This.

Smith's clock management is poop.

Once you're in come back mode you can't, ever, for any reason, take a sack.

Throw it away or throw it at the crotch of a Denver pass rusher...

ViperVisor
11-19-2013, 01:51 PM
Not only did that idiot **** us out of any chance at a realistic field goal attempt, he then proceeded to pad his stats with a 25 yard scamper for NO ****ING REASON.

This is why I said he didn't put it in the air like he should have get another chance at getting in position for a FG.

Take a step back and don't believe the words put into others mouths' by the ignorant haters.

Calcountry
11-19-2013, 02:01 PM
Any of you who didn't see this loss coming just haven't been watching football long enough. The team was 2-14 last year. Our #1 receiver gots a dime bag in the car so he be chillin going out for them passes. That and the diarreah beard to throw at, and it is all Smith's fault? lol.

The only way to win that game was the same way the team one the other games. the D has to make big plays. They almost yanked a pick six, the O failed to capitalize on a fumble recovery. The formula was there except for the lack of seeing Peyton getting his ass launched into the sod at Mile high. But, if I had to keep our powder dry on this guy for a playoff game, well, then I would do it. I liked the game plan over all. Thought they did a good job playing in an almost impossible place to play and win a game, even with a good team.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-19-2013, 02:26 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZdX2ohCAAALe4H.jpg:large

On Sherman fumble.

ceebz
11-19-2013, 02:28 PM
LOL, that must be shopped, cuz' the Planet's been telling me Smith's receivers never get open.

ThaVirus
11-19-2013, 02:31 PM

On Sherman fumble.

OMG. That's two players that score TDs.. On the same ****ing play.

Not an ounce of pressure and this dude dumps it off to the ****ing fullback after 2 seconds. Unbelievable.

EDIT: Well, it looks like whoever was on the left sideline may have been "covered". The snapshot makes it seem like he's wide the hell open, but the truth is the CB probably stopped covering the WR and changed direction toward Sherman after Smith clearly committed to throwing to him.

Still, any QB with trust in his arm can make that over-the-shoulder pass away from the safety over the top. The guy on the right side of the field is just wide. I don't know what was going on there.

The Franchise
11-19-2013, 02:31 PM

On Sherman fumble.

:facepalm: Fucking Smith.....you scared pussy.

Bearcat
11-19-2013, 02:34 PM
LOL, that must be shopped, cuz' the Planet's been telling me Smith's receivers never get open.

They need more time for chemistry.... and more linemen.

KCUnited
11-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Get ball back via turnover, immediately dump ball off to FB.

keg in kc
11-19-2013, 02:37 PM
Get ball back via turnover, immediately dump ball off to FB.Yeah, that one really got to me. That's when you go for the throat. We roll over and show our belly.

ceebz
11-19-2013, 02:39 PM
One thing that is pretty obvious after 10 games; Smith flat out does not want to attempt throws 15+ yards outside the numbers. Zero confidence in his ability to get it there.

ViperVisor
11-19-2013, 02:48 PM
You guys are predictable.

The throw is already happening.

The DBs were reading Smith and are already reacting to where the ball is going those WRs are not open. Manning is the one who missed the busted coverage and Decker had nobody covering him for an easy td.

Mr. Plow
11-19-2013, 02:55 PM

The DBs were reading Smith and are already reacting to where the ball is going those WRs are not open. Manning is the one who missed the busted coverage and Decker had nobody covering him for an easy td.

LMAO

Rausch
One thing that is pretty obvious after 10 games; Smith flat out does not want to attempt throws 15+ yards outside the numbers. Zero confidence in his ability to get it there.

This.

I don't blame him completely for that but that's his natural instinct.

The unreliable state of our line forces him to look at read 1 and then....whatever the fuck strange things happen in Alex's mind after that...

ViperVisor
LMAO

Good retort.

ViperVisor
11-19-2013, 02:56 PM

Sunday night...
attempt 14 passes over 10 yards in the air and the biggest shame was that his receivers (four drops, three of them critical) couldn’t make the catches to give Smith that stat to go with his excellent throws. These four drops don’t even include his peach of a throw that bested the coverage of Chris Harris with 8:25 to go in Q2 (the play was called back for holding away from the target), where Smith fitted it in between the sideline and Harris only for Bowe to drop.

Carlota69
11-19-2013, 02:57 PM
OMG. That's two players that score TDs.. On the same ****ing play.

Not an ounce of pressure and this dude dumps it off to the ****ing fullback after 2 seconds. Unbelievable.

EDIT: Well, it looks like whoever was on the left sideline may have been "covered". The snapshot makes it seem like he's wide the hell open, but the truth is the CB probably stopped covering the WR and changed direction toward Sherman after Smith clearly committed to throwing to him.

Still, any QB with trust in his arm can make that over-the-shoulder pass away from the safety over the top. The guy on the right side of the field is just wide. I don't know what was going on there.

Well, the guy on the right is moving away from his receiver as well...so our guy may have just as covered as the left side..

Mr. Plow
11-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Good retort.

Hey, use whatever excuses you need to make yourself feel better.

ViperVisor
11-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Hey, use whatever excuses you need to make yourself feel better.
Ignorance is bliss applies to you not I.

Pablo
11-19-2013, 03:02 PM

The DBs were reading Smith and are already reacting to where the ball is going those WRs are not open. Manning is the one who missed the busted coverage and Decker had nobody covering him for an easy td.LMAO

Smith suckers know no shame.

ViperVisor
11-19-2013, 03:04 PM
LMAO

Shame is what the ignorant insult spewers should have.

ThaVirus
11-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Well, the guy on the right is moving away from his receiver as well...so our guy may have just as covered as the left side..

We'd need to see the video from start to finish to know for certain what they were doing.

Touch passes to the back corner of the endzone for the wideout on the left and the pylon for the receiver on the right probably yield TDs. That's two likely TDs on the same play with GREAT pass protection.

You don't get many chances like that every game.

ceebz
11-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Sunday night...

Yeah, uh, how was any of that relevant to my post?

Try again.

ViperVisor
11-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Yeah, uh, how was any of that relevant to my post?

Try again.

Smith fitted it in between the sideline and Harris only for Bowe to drop.

Try and read.

ceebz
11-19-2013, 03:09 PM
This.

The unreliable state of our line forces him to look at read 1 and then....whatever the **** strange things happen in Alex's mind after that...

This is the other major issue I have with Smith. The time he senses pressure, (whether it actually exists or not) he tucks the ball away to run, often running into sacks or completely killing the play. He has shown basically zero ability to step up in the pocket or the balls to stand in the face of pressure and deliver the ball. All he needs to start doing is tossing INT's and we have Cassel 2.0.

ceebz
11-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Smith fitted it in between the sideline and Harris only for Bowe to drop.

Try and read.

No, you learn to read, asswipe. 15+ yards, ball licker.

ceebz
11-19-2013, 03:11 PM
"Fitted it in" Who the fuck constructs sentences like this?

Pablo
11-19-2013, 03:11 PM
This is the other major issue I have with Smith. The time he senses pressure, (whether it actually exists or not) he tucks the ball away to run, often running into sacks or completely killing the play. He has shown basically zero ability to step up in the pocket or the balls to stand in the face of pressure and deliver the ball. All he needs to start doing is tossing INT's and we have Cassel 2.0.No. Even Cassel tried risky passes here and there. Alex doesn't do that. He won't start throwing INT's anytime soon.

And he won't start throwing down field with any sort of accuracy or frequency any time soon.

ViperVisor
11-19-2013, 03:14 PM
No, you learn to read, asswipe. 15+ yards, ball licker.

Where do you think Bowe was on that play?

ceebz
11-19-2013, 03:15 PM
Where do you think Bowe was on that play?

Don't have a clue, buttfuck. But, your poorly worded quote makes no mention of 15+ yards, so go have a nice day and kill yourself.

mschiefs1984
11-19-2013, 03:15 PM
LMAO

Smith haters do?

Manning had a worse play with Decker WIDE open in the endzone and he missed him. I guess he sucks to right?

ceebz
11-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Smith haters do?

Manning had a worse play with Decker WIDE open in the endzone and he missed him. I guess he sucks to right?

lol, now we're comparing Smith to Manning. ROFL

jd1020
11-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Smith haters do?

Because the careers of Peyton and Alex are so similar...

nychief
11-19-2013, 03:17 PM
I think we draft a QB late in the first.

jd1020
11-19-2013, 03:18 PM

Chiefs fans have been thinking that for a long time now. Which is why we are all insane.

mschiefs1984
11-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Smith haters logic

When it comes to O line and drops "every team has those"

But when it comes to a QB missing an open guy forget the fact that even Peyton Manning and Tom Brady has those Alex sucks

ThaVirus
Smith haters do?

That comparison is fucking idiotic and I can't believe I'm about to waste my time responding..

Manning is on pace to break the passing TD record while leading, easily, the best offense to ever grace a football field. Simply put, he's allowed to miss those because 99 times out of 100, he makes them.

Our guy on the other hand? He leaves seemingly a handful of those on the field every game.

Pablo
I think we draft a QB late in the first.LMAO

You are smoking crack.

Alex is ours to have and to hold for next year; and probably an extension after that. Not a chance we draft a QB in the first. Just pray we draft a WR that isn't the next Baldwin.

ceebz
11-19-2013, 03:20 PM

Too bad we don't have a 2nd round pick to use in a trade up.

Pablo
11-19-2013, 03:20 PM
That comparison is fucking idiotic and I can't believe I'm about to waste my time responding..

Manning is on pace to break the passing TD record while leading, easily, the best offense to ever grace a football field. Simply put, he's allowed to miss those because 99 times out of 100, he makes them.

Our guy on the other hand? He leaves seemingly a handful of those on the field every game.When you guzzle enough Smith seed it starts to rot the brain out.

Keep on chugging guys, I'm sure there's a fun, colorful prize at the bottom of that jizz jug.

jd1020
11-19-2013, 03:21 PM
Smith haters logic

When it comes to O line and drops "every team has those"

But when it comes to a QB missing an open guy forget the fact that even Peyton Manning and Tom Brady has those Alex sucks

When Alex Smith can throw for 20 TDs, let alone 50, I'll give a fuck about your dumbass comparisons.

nychief
11-19-2013, 03:23 PM
LMAO

You are smoking crack.

Alex is ours to have and to hold for next year; and probably an extension after that. Not a chance we draft a QB in the first. Just pray we draft a WR that isn't the next Baldwin.

9 1st rnd qb possible this year... They haven't extended Alex, no signs that we are going to any time soon. Being fatalistic about Alex tenure is just an excuse to lament a trade some people continue to harp on, despite his success. I think this regime is very pragmatic, they play the best players - Cooper over Robinson etc... If they like a guy who falls to the end of the first - don't sleep on them making a move.

mschiefs1984
11-19-2013, 03:26 PM
When Alex Smith can throw for 20 TDs, let alone 50, I'll give a **** about your dumbass comparisons.

Haters are going to hate

No point in going on enjoy your life constantly bitching that we are not winning the way you want

I'll go on with mine enjoying the fact we are WINNING games

Bearcat
11-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Champions of September and October!

Pablo
11-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Haters are going to hate

No point in going on enjoy your life constantly bitching that we are not winning the way you want

I'll go on with mine enjoying the fact we are WINNING gamesSunday night says huh?

This is the first loss of the season. If you expected CP to be all rainbows and unicorn farts, you need to catch on to something really quick.

This is a place for discussion. A lot of that discussion leads to bitching and arguing among posters.

If all you have to say is 9-1! 9-1! then you probably aren't going to like threads like these very much.

Pablo
11-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Champions of September and October!Bro, you gotta build a team that can compete in the pre-season!

Everybody knows September forward doesn't mean shit.

Jakemall
11-19-2013, 03:32 PM

Looks like the photo is taken as Alex has the ball leaving his hand? Need the photo about 1 second prior.

BigCatDaddy
11-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Haters are going to hate

Hootie mult?

ChiefsCountry
11-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Hootie mult?

No he is a WPI or Colation type.

gold_and_red
11-19-2013, 03:49 PM
I got this attachment from arrowheadpride. Sorry if I am reposting.

Its on the Sherman fumble. I dunno if Denver's D leaves two guys open because they know Alex is going to throw in the flat. But the worrying aspect is that Alex doesn't seem to move the coverage by looking off defenders. What if he just pump faked to Sherman and threw to those wide open targets.

The Franchise
11-19-2013, 03:50 PM

Its on the Sherman fumble. I dunno if Denver's D leaves two guys open because they know Alex is going to throw in the flat. But the worrying aspect is that Alex doesn't seem to move the coverage by looking off defenders. What if he just pump faked to Sherman and threw to those wide open targets.

Q

Pablo
11-19-2013, 03:51 PM

Its on the Sherman fumble. I dunno if Denver's D leaves two guys open because they know Alex is going to throw in the flat. But the worrying aspect is that Alex doesn't seem to move the coverage by looking off defenders. What if he just pump faked to Sherman and threw to those wide open targets.Then his name wouldn't be Alex Smith.

Bearcat
11-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Everybody knows September forward doesn't mean shit.

Correct, from a calendar year perspective.... but, you could include several other months, too, I guess.

Snapplez
11-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Then his name wouldn't be Alex Smith.

LMAO

Easy 6
11-19-2013, 04:06 PM
No. Even Cassel tried risky passes here and there. Alex doesn't do that.

That's a bunch of 100% crap, Axl went down the field over ten times sunday.

Some were poorly thrown... many were dropped with no excuses.

Be critical, but be fair.

gold_and_red
11-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Hootie mult?

:facepalm: ****ing Smith.....you scared pussy.

I dunno if Alex sees something different than what we do on these plays. That has to be it right, otherwise how could he pass to Sherman despite having great pass protection.
But what is going through Reid's mind as he watches tape? I am sure these are Alex's tendencies. Isn't the QB guru supposed to coach up QB play in such situations?

GoChargers
11-19-2013, 04:14 PM
Well then you'll never love another QB, because managing the game is their job. All QBs are game managers.

Oh please, you know full well what the term "game manager" refers to. If intellectual dishonesty is all Alice's supporters have at this point, that speaks volumes.

JF08
11-19-2013, 04:14 PM

Lol "wide open."

BigCatDaddy
11-19-2013, 04:15 PM
No he is a WPI or Colation type.

Yeah, I remember that Matt douche. Reminds me of him.

ThaVirus
11-19-2013, 04:23 PM
That's a bunch of 100% crap, Axl went down the field over ten times sunday.

Some were poorly thrown... many were dropped with no excuses.

Be critical, but be fair.

What are these down field drops everyone is referring to?

I can only remember three. The one to Avery to start the game, one a short time later on a sideline pass to Bowe, and another late in the game that was high and behind that Bowe also dropped.

The thing is, the one to Bowe on the sideline ended up netting us a first down as the DB was called for holding and the one that was high and behind was late in the game when it hardly mattered (we ended up scoring on the pass to Fasano a couple plays later).

The Avery drop, as egregious as it was, was very early in the game. We still had over 50 minutes to play; you've got to be able to overcome that...

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-19-2013, 04:24 PM
Chiefs – Three Performances of Note

A New Alex Smith?

The biggest knock I and others have had on the Chiefs has been their lack of a passing attack, especially one downfield. Well, against Denver we got a glimpse of something that with some more fine tuning might add another dimension to this offense.

The previously gun shy Alex Smith (+1.6) would attempt 14 passes over 10 yards in the air and the biggest shame was that his receivers (four drops, three of them critical) couldn’t make the catches to give Smith that stat to go with his excellent throws. These four drops don’t even include his peach of a throw that bested the coverage of Chris Harris with 8:25 to go in Q2 (the play was called back for holding away from the target), where Smith fitted it in between the sideline and Harris only for Bowe to drop.

Still it was encouraging to see the team open up the playbook and by and large have their quarterback respond.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/18/refo-chiefs-broncos-week-11/

TheUte
11-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Boy you shut down this bitch-fest real quick.

duncan_idaho
11-19-2013, 04:48 PM
Haters are going to hate

It's not that the Chiefs aren't winning the way I (or others) want...

It's that the Chiefs are winning using a formula that is proven to fail in postseason far, far, far more often than it is to succeed.

This formula will consistently beat mediocre teams and absolutely destroy terrible teams. But against good/elite teams, you need extreme luck to win with this formula.

First half for Alex Smith was very encouraging. He made a lot of the throws he NEEDS to make for this offense to be more than a weight at the team's ankles.

He and the offense regressed in the second half, until the game was effectively over.

Nightfyre
11-19-2013, 04:48 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/540/670/80d.gif

Nightfyre
11-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Here is Rain Man on the topic:
http://informlocal.com/images/beating-dead-horse%202.gif

ILChief
11-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Here is Rain Man on the topic:
http://informlocal.com/images/beating-dead-horse%202.gif

Pretty much. He is what he is and we don't have any other options at this point. You play to your strengths.

Easy 6
11-19-2013, 04:59 PM
What are these down field drops everyone is referring to?

Alex threw past 20 yards twelve times and those three times you recall are only half of it.

And yes... that Avery drop was egregious, make that play like a pro and it puts us up early and tamps down that crowd big time... you cant always expect to overcome a wide open missed opportunity like that, on the road, against a HOFer led team.

Hammock Parties
11-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Alex threw past 20 yards twelve times and those three times you recall are only half of it.

Wrong.

4 attempts, 1 completion

Standard Alex BS

Note
http://i.imgur.com/RdOU90o.jpg

Easy 6
11-19-2013, 05:52 PM
Got me there, my earlier post should've said "past ten yards"... but of those four past 20, it should've been atleast 50%.

Doesn't matter to me, i watched them open things up as they knew they should, if Avery makes that catch it could've changed everything... give this D an early lead and watch the magic happen.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-19-2013, 05:59 PM
Wrong.

4 attempts, 1 completion

Standard Alex BS

Note

But your god PFF graded Alex better then Manning on Sunday night.

Easy 6
11-19-2013, 06:28 PM

cough mumble cough/log off

Hammock Parties
11-19-2013, 06:28 PM

they wanted to throw alex a bone

Whosurdaddy
11-19-2013, 07:33 PM
they wanted to throw alex a bone

They probably found the one in your ass

BigCatDaddy
11-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Is there really that much of a disagreement here? Alice ball washers say he's about the 15th best QB. The other side he's about the 20th. Mediocre is what it is.

Kaepernick
11-19-2013, 08:40 PM
LMAO you're here to slam Smith, with the way Kaep is playing?

Smith has mad bomber numbers compared to your boy.

Just to keep this on a level of intelligence, lets do a little reality check.

Colin Kaepernick has 20 starts.

Alex Smith has 90 starts.

By 90 starts, you know exactly what you have. I wouldn't expect much more. At 20 starts, a QB is just a pup. Compare Cam Newton today to Cam Newton at 20 starts. He was struggling at 20 starts.

If you weren't just a Smith lover trolling my post, if you really believed that the future potential of a 20 game starter is the same as a 90 game starter, you would be laughed off this forum in shame.

Hint: Drew Brees was let go by the Chargers after 58 starts. He is not an elite NFL QB. I'll bet the Chargers wish they didn't give up on Brees when they did.

RunKC
11-19-2013, 08:47 PM
Wrong.

4 attempts, 1 completion

Standard Alex BS

Note

And one of those was a perfect pass to Avery who fucked up.

God you are such a cherry picker.

Hammock Parties
11-19-2013, 08:48 PM
No cherries to be picked here. Alex Smith is the least productive deep passer in the NFL over the course of this season, and really three seasons to be honest.

He sucks at it.

Kaepernick
11-19-2013, 08:54 PM
How often are you gonna be down 14+ points with this defense??? How often is ALEX SMITH going to be down 14+ points protecting the ball as well as he does??? You guys act like leading a big comeback is the number one defining trait in a QB. How a QB plays situationally to keep your team IN GAMES in the first place is far more important. A lot of these 4TD QB's you guys speak of are down 14+ points because they threw a couple picks and gave the opposing offense a short field and more opportunities. Not only that, quick striking offenses leave your defense on the field longer making the game longer and giving the other offense more opportunities to catch up. I would much rather have a QB that plays the game within ten yards and shortens the game. It means you will have a fighting chance in virtually every game. That's what Alex Smith does. And is the main reason his record in the last couple years rivals that of only Peyton Manning.

You don't have to be down often. You only have to find yourself down 14 points in the AFC divisional playoff game. That is where you need a top-flight QB. The guy who can put the team on his shoulders and advance you in the playoffs.

The 49ers were down 17 points in the NFC championship game last year but they had a QB who was able to overcome that deficit and advance the team to the super bowl. That is when you need a QB who can overcome a deficit.

Rausch
11-19-2013, 08:57 PM
No cherries to be picked here. Alex Smith is the least productive deep passer in the NFL over the course of this season, and really three seasons to be honest.

He sucks at it.

Yes, he sucks.

We get it.

I hate him being here more than anyone.

He is.

It's like your wife having a bladder infection: it's painful for all but most of all the husband because he has to put up with it...

JF08
11-19-2013, 11:54 PM

A New Alex Smith?

The biggest knock I and others have had on the Chiefs has been their lack of a passing attack, especially one downfield. Well, against Denver we got a glimpse of something that with some more fine tuning might add another dimension to this offense.

The previously gun shy Alex Smith (+1.6) would attempt 14 passes over 10 yards in the air and the biggest shame was that his receivers (four drops, three of them critical) couldn’t make the catches to give Smith that stat to go with his excellent throws. These four drops don’t even include his peach of a throw that bested the coverage of Chris Harris with 8:25 to go in Q2 (the play was called back for holding away from the target), where Smith fitted it in between the sideline and Harris only for Bowe to drop.

Still it was encouraging to see the team open up the playbook and by and large have their quarterback respond.

This is what happened Sunday night. Anyone who sees it differently is a f*cking a**hole.

mschiefs1984
11-20-2013, 12:07 AM

A New Alex Smith?

This is a pretty good sum up

The one thing that Alex did poorly was he held on to the ball to long and took some horrible sacks. Outside of that which did really hurt Alex was good against Denver for the most part.

GordonGekko
11-20-2013, 12:15 AM
Yes, he sucks.

We get it.

I hate him being here more than anyone.

He is.

It's like your wife having a bladder infection: it's painful for all but most of all the husband because he has to put up with it...

Not everyone gets it yet. Some think he is a winner still.

Rausch
11-20-2013, 12:18 AM
Not everyone gets it yet. Some think he is a winner still.

I was tired of arguing against him when it was a rumor.

At this point I'm an old man playing chess in the park...

GoChargers
11-20-2013, 12:18 AM
I love how the Alice slurpers have now hopped on the PFF bandwagon because they wrote something nice about their messiah - yet when Clay uses their stats to back up his anti-Smiff arguments, then it's a crackpot site that doesn't know shit about football.

GOB
11-20-2013, 01:02 AM
I love how the Alice slurpers have now hopped on the PFF bandwagon because they wrote something nice about their messiah - yet when Clay uses their stats to back up his anti-Smiff arguments, then it's a crackpot site that doesn't know shit about football.

You've got this wrong. We think Clay is the crackpot not the site. Can't seem to read the data correctly much less interpret it.

And why are you here? Go troll your own message boards and bask in the glory of having the type of QB Clay masturbates. Or has that gotten old for you after a near-decade of underachievement.

aturnis
11-20-2013, 01:03 AM

B/c Manning did what he had to do to win. He didn't care about his stat line. He knew he had to get rid of the back early, before routes had developed at all, so he did. It wasn't going to be pretty, but it basically had to be done.

Unlike Alex, who couldn't bare the thought of a hailmary tainting his stat line, so he took what was statistically the worst choice for the team instead, and ran. Add in that he is currently a white man, and you can see why it's so bothersome.

aturnis
11-20-2013, 01:10 AM
You've got this wrong. We think Clay is the crackpot not the site. Can't seem to read the data correctly much less interpret it.

And why are you here? Go troll your own message boards and bask in the glory of having the type of QB Clay masturbates. Or has that gotten old for you after a near-decade of underachievement.

I'm confused. How exactly is Clay misreading PFF's data?

Saccopoo
11-20-2013, 01:17 AM
I'm confused. How exactly is Clay misreading PFF's data?

You sure that's the horse you want to hitch your cart to?

Eleazar
11-20-2013, 06:26 AM

A New Alex Smith?

Yup. Exactly. What you see without blind anti-homerism.

If it weren't for all the critical drops I think we win that game, or are right in it at the end.

rabblerouser
11-20-2013, 06:45 AM

If it weren't for all the critical drops I think we win that game, or are right in it at the end.

well, there were lots of chances to win that game : 1st and goal inside the 5 but only coming away with 3 pts was a killer...and when you're down 2 scores with 10 min in the game, you can't punt to peyton manning from the 40 and expect to win.

and yeah, WRs are supposed to hang on to the ball. it's their main job description.

Sandy Vagina
11-20-2013, 07:15 AM

By 90 starts, you know exactly what you have.

Not necessarily true though. I liken it to the momentum of a train. 2011. New coaches, new system... train gets to churning the wheels. Takes all year to get a decent speed up, but it can go faster. 2012. The train is still not full speed, but it is clearly faster than the year before. Train then gets derailed before it can reach top speed.

2013. New coaches, new system... train gets to churning the wheels. And here we go again.

All of these environmental and coaching changes... all of these years. Starting over really puts the breaks on. So by 90 starts.. at least in this case.. still no one truly knows. This is why the Alex Smith career is so fascinating. There are QBs that quickly excel thanks to good surroundings... there are QBs that quickly flame out due to poor surroundings or mental flame-outs. There are QBs that get determined to be backup-quality-only after a few years. The reason Alex has stuck around and survived it all is due to the circumstances around him being at fault.. and the coaches see this.

It could easily be that, given the chance, Smith turns his 2013 80 QBR into 2014 90+ QBR. He may even get it up there or close by the end of this December.

No one can really say... but what is clear is, you don't "know exactly what you have." The jump from SF's 2011 to 2012 offensive efficiency was just too large to ignore. People said that 2011 was the best Alex could ever be... yet wrong again. The KC offense should be excited and encouraged to get that in 2014. A full offseason and some upgrade at WR and OL, and this team can compete for the playoffs for years.

TheUte
11-20-2013, 07:41 AM
Just to keep this on a level of intelligence, lets do a little reality check.

By 90 starts, you know exactly what you have. I wouldn't expect much more. At 20 starts, a QB is just a pup. Compare Cam Newton today to Cam Newton at 20 starts. He was struggling at 20 starts.

If you weren't just a Smith lover trolling my post, if you really believed that the future potential of a 20 game starter is the same as a 90 game starter, you would be laughed off this forum in shame.

Hint: Drew Brees was let go by the Chargers after 58 starts. He is not an elite NFL QB. I'll bet the Chargers wish they didn't give up on Brees when they did.

You are fucking dumb ass go away. This is a Chiefs board not the the fucking cry'ners.

And Your home boy is fucking 26, not a rookie.

New World Order
11-20-2013, 08:21 AM
Not necessarily true though. I liken it to the momentum of a train. 2011. New coaches, new system... train gets to churning the wheels. Takes all year to get a decent speed up, but it can go faster. 2012. The train is still not full speed, but it is clearly faster than the year before. Train then gets derailed before it can reach top speed.

2013. New coaches, new system... train gets to churning the wheels. And here we go again.

All of these environmental and coaching changes... all of these years. Starting over really puts the breaks on. So by 90 starts.. at least in this case.. still no one truly knows. This is why the Alex Smith career is so fascinating. There are QBs that quickly excel thanks to good surroundings... there are QBs that quickly flame out due to poor surroundings or mental flame-outs. There are QBs that get determined to be backup-quality-only after a few years. The reason Alex has stuck around and survived it all is due to the circumstances around him being at fault.. and the coaches see this.

It could easily be that, given the chance, Smith turns his 2013 80 QBR into 2014 90+ QBR. He may even get it up there or close by the end of this December.

No one can really say... but what is clear is, you don't "know exactly what you have." The jump from SF's 2011 to 2012 offensive efficiency was just too large to ignore. People said that 2011 was the best Alex could ever be... yet wrong again. The KC offense should be excited and encouraged to get that in 2014. A full offseason and some upgrade at WR and OL, and this team can compete for the playoffs for years.

lol, only you think that. Guy is average at best

SAUTO
11-20-2013, 08:24 AM
JFC

Mr. Plow
11-20-2013, 08:38 AM
So what is the current excuse we are debating for Alex?

Is it the OLine excuse? WR?

New World Order
11-20-2013, 08:41 AM

It has been the OL in the weeks before we played Denver. The vibe I have been getting from the Denver game is it was the WR. So count on this week against SD either the playcalling or the OL. Our offensive struggles can't be due to Alex Smith, it never is.

KCUnited
11-20-2013, 08:51 AM

The number of dropped passes has grown everyday since Sunday night. Listening to Petro and Teicher yesterday, you'd think balls were careening off receivers shoulder pads and clanking off facemasks the whole game.

duncan_idaho
11-20-2013, 09:05 AM

There was some encouraging play by Alex Smith in the 1st half, definitely. He made some throws early that he had not been making for most of this season, and it seemed to open up the field in the second quarter. Funny how when teams respect you throwing the ball down the field a bit, the short passing game and running game open up.

Second half - really the third quarter - it seemed like the offense regressed. And it didn't get going again until the Broncos had a 17-point lead with 7 1/2 minutes left (garbage time).

The drops hurt, obviously, but I think it's a stretch to say the Chiefs win without the drops.

Alex Smith played better, but he still needs to improve a lot. And the biggest issue remains the throws he chooses NOT to make because of his extreme risk aversion (even when they are throws he CAN safely make/has the arm strength and accuracy to make).

TheUte
11-20-2013, 09:17 AM
There was some encouraging play by Alex Smith in the 1st half, definitely. He made some throws early that he had not been making for most of this season, and it seemed to open up the field in the second quarter. Funny how when teams respect you throwing the ball down the field a bit, the short passing game and running game open up.

Second half - really the third quarter - it seemed like the offense regressed. And it didn't get going again until the Broncos had a 17-point lead with 7 1/2 minutes left (garbage time).

The drops hurt, obviously, but I think it's a stretch to say the Chiefs win without the drops.

Alex Smith played better, but he still needs to improve a lot. And the biggest issue remains the throws he chooses NOT to make because of his extreme risk aversion (even when they are throws he CAN safely make/has the arm strength and accuracy to make).

I can completely respect criticism when done with some fairness.

He played far from a perfect game, that said the loss can't be put solely on AS.

The dropped pass by Avery was big, I think that one play changes the game.

That one play let a little doubt creep in and they can't let that happen.

mschiefs1984
11-20-2013, 09:19 AM
It has been the OL in the weeks before we played Denver. The vibe I have been getting from the Denver game is it was the WR. So count on this week against SD either the playcalling or the OL. Our offensive struggles can't be due to Alex Smith, it never is.

And on the flip side of that when WRS are dropping balls or the Line is allowing guys to come unblocked those things never hurt the offense it's always Alex.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-20-2013, 09:36 AM
B/c Manning did what he had to do to win. He didn't care about his stat line. He knew he had to get rid of the back early, before routes had developed at all, so he did. It wasn't going to be pretty, but it basically had to be done.

Unlike Alex, who couldn't bare the thought of a hailmary tainting his stat line, so he took what was statistically the worst choice for the team instead, and ran. Add in that he is currently a white man, and you can see why it's so bothersome.

LMAO

Mr. Plow
11-20-2013, 10:14 AM
The number of dropped passes has grown everyday since Sunday night. Listening to Petro and Teicher yesterday, you'd think balls were careening off receivers shoulder pads and clanking off facemasks the whole game.

"Bowe dropped that one pass 7 times. What an idiot!!"

BigCatDaddy
11-20-2013, 10:52 AM
OP wins. Close thread.

ChiefsCountry
11-20-2013, 11:10 AM
The Chiefs are #6 in the NFL in dropped passes. Guess who is #5.
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232

What player leads the Chiefs in drop passes? Jamaal Charles with 7. A 1/3 of the drops are coming from the running back position.

Denver's amazing WR core - Decker has 7, Welker has 6.

McCluster, Avery, Fasano have 3 drops.
Bowe has 2 drops.

Bowe's drop percentage is tied with Jason Whitten and Pierrce Garcon.
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/

Jakemall
11-20-2013, 11:14 AM
OP wins. Close thread.

Didn't you just get finish saying that Alex is average? Isn't that a bit different than "did, does and will always suck"?

Fish
11-20-2013, 11:15 AM
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232

What player leads the Chiefs in drop passes? Jamaal Charles with 7. A 1/3 of the drops are coming from the running back position.

Bowe has 2 drops.

Peyton Manning would be a good QB if only those Denver receivers could hold on to the ball. I guess Denver needs all new WRs as well, since they have more drops than the Chiefs.

Jakemall
11-20-2013, 11:15 AM

Bowe has 2 drops.

# of passes dropped is a useless stat unless you include the number of passes thrown.

Jakemall
11-20-2013, 11:17 AM
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2013/

KC is #4 in terms of team drops % Denver i

GoChargers
11-20-2013, 11:19 AM
This is why the Alex Smith career is so fascinating.
To you, maybe. To those of us who don't have a mancrush on Captain Checkdown, he's about as boring and vanilla as it gets.

BigCatDaddy
11-20-2013, 11:20 AM
Didn't you just get finish saying that Alex is average? Isn't that a bit different than "did, does and will always suck"?

I said mediocre I think. But shits old. He isn't throwing for 350 yards and 3 TD's and he isn't throwing for 120 with 3 picks either. Same shit different week.

Sandy Vagina
11-20-2013, 11:24 AM
There's also a sharp distinction over clear drops VS what most perceive as "pretty much dropped."

For a guy so highly paid as Bowe is, he sure let's a lot of passes get into his body.. which coupled with poor separation leads to quite a few "knockaway" passes. Cutting his routes flat + not attacking the ball when defenders are on his back.. yeah, expect better from a "star" WR.

All of this is not to say that the QB is without fault at times... but he's not getting the help I expected from his "star" receiver. Jamaal Charles loses focus and drops some short passes that really make one scratch their head over. Some are insignificant dump-offs likely to gain few yards... some, more critical.

If the clear or otherwise close drops were less... if the OL rankings were higher... if the O-penalties were less... then you have to look at the QB to assume more blame for lack of efficiency. This just isn't the case. If these aspects improve, as they did for SF in 2012? well then you have a top 5-10 offense in efficiency... and then you would reasonably look at the QB in a different light. ( at least most would... some will hate regardless )

Sandy Vagina
11-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs
This is why the Alex Smith career is so fascinating.

To you, maybe. To those of us who don't have a mancrush on Captain Checkdown, he's about as boring and vanilla as it gets.

A better word would have been POLARIZING.

Jakemall
11-20-2013, 11:29 AM
I said mediocre I think. But shits old. He isn't throwing for 350 yards and 3 TD's and he isn't throwing for 120 with 3 picks either. Same shit different week.

me·di·o·cre

/ˌmēdēˈōkər/

adjective

adjective: mediocre

of only moderate quality; not very good.

"a mediocre actor"

synonyms:

ordinary, average, middling, middle-of-the-road, uninspired, undistinguished, indifferent, unexceptional, unexciting, unremarkable, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian, prosaic, lackluster, forgettable, amateur, amateurish; More

informalOK, so-so, ‘comme ci, comme ça’, plain-vanilla, fair-to-middling, no great shakes, not up to much, bush-league

"a mediocre performance

whoman69
11-20-2013, 11:34 AM

The drops did kill us against Denver. However Smith was still pretty mediocre on his own. He needs to do a better job of moving within the pocket to give himself time to throw. Seems like he only moves when he is going to scramble.

Jakemall
11-20-2013, 11:41 AM
The drops did kill us against Denver. However Smith was still pretty mediocre on his own. He needs to do a better job of moving within the pocket to give himself time to throw. Seems like he only moves when he is going to scramble.

We'd likely be having a VERY different conversation if two of those drops were made.

Bearcat
11-20-2013, 11:46 AM

The Vikings passing game really is the model for what you can do when receivers don't drop passes.

And Denver goes from a spot ahead of the Chiefs to 5 spots below... oh noes.

BigCatDaddy
11-20-2013, 11:57 AM
me·di·o·cre

/ˌmēdēˈōkər/

adjective

"a mediocre actor"

synonyms:

ordinary, average, middling, middle-of-the-road, uninspired, undistinguished, indifferent, unexceptional, unexciting, unremarkable, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian, prosaic, lackluster, forgettable, amateur, amateurish; More

informalOK, so-so, ‘comme ci, comme ça’, plain-vanilla, fair-to-middling, no great shakes, not up to much, bush-league

"a mediocre performance

Thanks. I should have said amateur.

Kaepernick
11-20-2013, 12:03 PM
me·di·o·cre

/ˌmēdēˈōkər/

adjective

"a mediocre actor"

synonyms:

"a mediocre performance

Among all 32 starting NFL quarterbacks, Alex Smith is exactly average or mediocre. Other good synonyms you posted that aptly describe Alex are unexceptional, unremarkable and lackluster.

He is a good, middle-tier, 15th-20th ranked NFL starting QB. There is no shame in that. He is better than roughly half of all NFL QB's. That is a hell of an achievement for any athlete pursuing his lifelong dream. He just is unexceptional when compared to all 31 other starting professional NFL athletes at his position.

In other words, mediocre. Chiefs fans knew this going in -- well, the ones who didn't write him off completely.

Snapplez
11-20-2013, 12:04 PM
You sure that's the horse you want to hitch your cart to?

It's certainly a better cart than Smiffy.

The Franchise
11-20-2013, 12:08 PM
# of passes dropped is a useless stat unless you include the number of passes thrown.

You should actually be going off of his drop percentage. 3.5%......less than A.J. Green and Calvin Johnson.

His percentage of targets caught is 57.9%....higher than Green and Johnson.

Chiefnj2
11-20-2013, 12:11 PM
The bigger problem with last weeks game was what happened to the offense in the 3rd quarter.

SAUTO
11-20-2013, 12:12 PM
There's also a sharp distinction over clear drops VS what most perceive as "pretty much dropped."

For a guy so highly paid as Bowe is, he sure let's a lot of passes get into his body.. which coupled with poor separation leads to quite a few "knockaway" passes. Cutting his routes flat + not attacking the ball when defenders are on his back.. yeah, expect better from a "star" WR.

All of this is not to say that the QB is without fault at times... but he's not getting the help I expected from his "star" receiver. Jamaal Charles loses focus and drops some short passes that really make one scratch their head over. Some are insignificant dump-offs likely to gain few yards... some, more critical.

If the clear or otherwise close drops were less... if the OL rankings were higher... if the O-penalties were less... then you have to look at the QB to assume more blame for lack of efficiency. This just isn't the case. If these aspects improve, as they did for SF in 2012? well then you have a top 5-10 offense in efficiency... and then you would reasonably look at the QB in a different light. ( at least most would... some will hate regardless )

LMAO.

if everything else is perfect THEN and ONLY THEN could it maybe be alex smith's fault

GTFO

TheUte
11-20-2013, 12:18 PM
LMAO.

if everything else is perfect THEN and ONLY THEN could it maybe be alex smith's fault

GTFO

So exactly when does it become not a Alexuse or us homers making shit up.

When does dropped passes actually affect the outcome of the game and O-line actually matter to you?

Apparently no one the 53 man roster count for anything.

You GTFO, it all counts you can't hang shit on one player its just stupidity to try.

Sandy Vagina
11-20-2013, 12:21 PM
LMAO.

GTFO

Only a true potato could translate "needs perfection" out of that post. Yeah, you can GTFO dumbass. :thumb:

SAUTO
11-20-2013, 12:24 PM
Only a true potato could translate "needs perfection" out of that post. Yeah, you can GTFO dumbass. :thumb:

really?

why should everything else have to get fixed to evaluate the most important position on the field?

SAUTO
11-20-2013, 12:25 PM
So exactly when does it become not a Alexuse or us homers making shit up.

When does dropped passes actually affect the outcome of the game and O-line actually matter to you?

Apparently no one the 53 man roster count for anything.

You GTFO, it all counts you can't hang shit on one player its just stupidity to try.

you are another dumbass.

and niners fans on a chiefs board telling a life long chiefs fan to gtfo is classic.

fucking idiots.

alpha_omega
11-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Just thought i would check in and see how the "alex will always suck" thread is going.

Carry on.

ChiefsCountry
11-20-2013, 12:28 PM
really?

why should everything else have to get fixed to evaluate the most important position on the field?

This.

OL - Alex Smith takes a bunch of sacks. Did in San Fran and does in KC as well. He is taking more than Cassel did. Clearly its the OL fault.

WR - Drops. Apparently not dropping the ball that much when Charles is the main cause.

Guess where the blame should be directed at for the offensive struggles. #11.

SAUTO
11-20-2013, 12:31 PM
This.

OL - Alex Smith takes a bunch of sacks. Did in San Fran and does in KC as well. He is taking more than Cassel did. Clearly its the OL fault.

WR - Drops. Apparently not dropping the ball that much when Charles is the main cause.

Guess where the blame should be directed at for the offensive struggles. #11.

funniest post of the year was maverick's about kaepernick.

"Its not the oline, its not the wrs, its not the oc or the playcalling, its all on kaepernick"

but swap positions and its everything BUT alex smith.

fuck all these guys.

OnTheWarpath15
11-20-2013, 12:32 PM
"It's a team game" is a classic excuse for Alex.

Nevermind that many of the same people who use that excuse claim that Denver would suck without Manning.

Can't have it both ways.

jd1020
11-20-2013, 12:34 PM

Nevermind that many of the same people who use that excuse claim that Denver would suck without Manning.

Can't have it both ways.

Denver would be just as good with Alex Smith as they are with Peyton Manning. Both QBs are just managing the game.

SAUTO
11-20-2013, 12:39 PM

Can't have it both ways.

like I said these guys are fucking idiot hypocrites

Jakemall
11-20-2013, 12:52 PM
LMAO.

GTFO

But the reverse is true?

Jakemall
11-20-2013, 12:54 PM
You should actually be going off of his drop percentage. 3.5%......less than A.J. Green and Calvin Johnson.

Who's "he"? We were talking about a team stat.

Jakemall
11-20-2013, 12:58 PM
The Vikings passing game really is the model for what you can do when receivers don't drop passes.

And Denver goes from a spot ahead of the Chiefs to 5 spots below... oh noes.

4th vs 10th?

you don't think that's quite a bit different? Especially when you consider that one is a future hall of fame QB and the other is a good QB at best?

jd1020
11-20-2013, 01:05 PM
4th vs 10th?

you don't think that's quite a bit different? Especially when you consider that one is a future hall of fame QB and the other is a good QB at best?

I wouldn't say Peyton Manning is a "good QB at best."

The Franchise
11-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Who's "he"? We were talking about a team stat.

Bowe. Everyone wants to complain that he drops everything. Look at the stats....he fucking doesn't.

Bearcat
11-20-2013, 01:12 PM
4th vs 10th?

A difference of 0.7%.

Broncos -- 410 * .056 = 22.96 drops

Do the same for the Chiefs.... 410 * .063 = 25.83

So, no, I don't think those 3 drops over 10 games is quite a difference. Considering one is a HoF QB and the other is Alex Smith AND considering the Smith fans' argument that it's the receivers' fault, I'd expect the Broncos' percentage to be much lower.

You can't argue the offense is being held down by drops more than Smith's play AND argue the Broncos' stat is better because of Peyton Manning.

Bearcat
11-20-2013, 01:12 PM

Nice. LMAO

SAUTO
11-20-2013, 01:16 PM
But the reverse is true?

look at the pats.

o line isn't too good, wrs are all young and drop tons of balls, TE? one hurt one in jail...

7-3 STILL.

Jakemall
11-20-2013, 01:20 PM

Advancednflstats.com has Bowe at 52.1% catch rate. That's lower than everyone on the team except Brock, Kenkins and Hall. He ranks 67th among WRs in the NFL. As does Sporting charts...where are you getting your data?

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?pos=WR

Jakemall
11-20-2013, 01:22 PM

Yeah...maybe mediocre would be more accurate.

Jakemall
11-20-2013, 01:23 PM
look at the pats.

o line isn't too good, wrs are all young and drop tons of balls, TE? one hurt one in jail...

7-3 STILL.

Again with the comparison to a HOF qb. I'm not sure about the line comparison..I think the KC line is worse...but Pats do have more drops. Probably a better comparison of what a HOF QB would look like vs what Smith is doing.

TheUte
11-20-2013, 02:00 PM
you are another dumbass.

and niners fans on a chiefs board telling a life long chiefs fan to gtfo is classic.

****ing idiots.

I am in no way a Cryniners fan, I can't stand them.

All I'm saying is that shit is very rarely as simple as "AS sucks and that's why the Chiefs lost". There where are a lot of factors in the lose and if that is too complicated then I'm sorry.

TheUte
11-20-2013, 02:02 PM
A difference of 0.7%.

Broncos -- 410 * .056 = 22.96 drops

Do the same for the Chiefs.... 410 * .063 = 25.83

So, no, I don't think those 3 drops over 10 games is quite a difference. Considering one is a HoF QB and the other is Alex Smith AND considering the Smith fans' argument that it's the receivers' fault, I'd expect the Broncos' percentage to be much lower.

You can't argue the offense is being held down by drops more than Smith's play AND argue the Broncos' stat is better because of Peyton Manning.

So are you arguing that all drops effect the game the same.

Cause all drops are not created equal.

Bearcat
11-20-2013, 02:11 PM
So are you arguing that all drops effect the game the same.

Cause all drops are not created equal.

Of course not, I was responding to what was posted. If there's some stat on clutch catches/drops, whether it's 20+ yard passes, 3rd down passes, in the endzone, etc; it certainly has a chance to help his point more than the percentage of drops... :shrug:

Kaepernick
11-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Just thought i would check in and see how the "alex will always suck" thread is going.

Carry on.

It will never end. You know that it will never end. For a middling sports professional player, he really has a polarizing effect on groups of people.

http://b.vimeocdn.com/ps/135/999/1359994_300.jpg

Jakemall
11-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Of course not, I was responding to what was posted. If there's some stat on clutch catches/drops, whether it's 20+ yard passes, 3rd down passes, in the endzone, etc; it certainly has a chance to help his point more than the percentage of drops... :shrug:

And also the catchable balls that don't quite fit into the "drop" category but still should have been. But we didn't go there.

BTW, does anyone have access to a "bad passes" stat...couldn't find one. I'd be curious to see how Alex looks on that. Seems like there are a number of over thrown passes and passes that were wide....almost looks like Alex was expecting the reciever to be somewhere else..which might be true part of the time, but I'm sure a number were simply off.

Jakemall
11-20-2013, 02:58 PM
It will never end. You know that it will never end. For a middling sports professional player, he really has a polarizing effect on groups of people.

http://b.vimeocdn.com/ps/135/999/1359994_300.jpg

so are you really going to keep that signature? Because it is looking like he is going to be correct on that score...

TheUte
11-20-2013, 03:01 PM

I would like to see that stat.

The Avery drop hurt, Receivers just have to make those catches.

The drop seemed like points lost.

New World Order
11-20-2013, 03:04 PM

Look, you know he isn't good. There are arguably 20+ quarterbacks in the NFL that are better than him. He has always taken a massive amount of sacks, that pretty much cancels out any blame that goes on the OL and Charles is the one dropping the passes. Why? Because Alex Smith throws to the flats every ****ing time.

No Alex Smith cock sucker can answer the simple question as to why Dwayne Bowe was looked at coming into the season as one of the better WR in the league, and now with Alex Smith everyone thinks Bowe is a chump. Has the guy had one game with more than 70 yards receiving yet? This is no coincidence. Alex Smith sucks.

Please leave, for me.

BigCatDaddy
11-20-2013, 03:05 PM
so are you really going to keep that signature? Because it is looking like he is going to be correct on that score...

I was wondering the same thing about NinerDoug

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=10190192&postcount=22

Jakemall
11-20-2013, 03:07 PM
I would like to see that stat.

The Avery drop hurt, Receivers just have to make those catches.

The drop seemed like points lost.

You could probably come up with something for 3rd down reception % but It's going to be pretty hard to find stats on dropped passes based upon air yards and I don't see how you're going to find stats on drops that would have resulted in a TD unless you sit and watch every single drop that happened and make your own opinion...which will likely be flawed unless you can identify all the dropped ball plays...because there will be likely a few incompletes that you'd call drops that weren't designated as such.

Jakemall
11-20-2013, 03:09 PM
I was wondering the same thing about NinerDoug

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=10190192&postcount=22

Just more slowly than he anticipated? :shrug: :D

Jakemall
11-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Look, you know he isn't good. There are arguably 20+ quarterbacks in the NFL that are better than him. He has always taken a massive amount of sacks, that pretty much cancels out any blame that goes on the OL and Charles is the one dropping the passes. Why? Because Alex Smith throws to the flats every ****ing time.

No Alex Smith cock sucker can answer the simple question as to why Dwayne Bowe was looked at coming into the season as one of the better WR in the league, and now with Alex Smith everyone thinks Bowe is a chump. Has the guy had one game with more than 70 yards receiving yet? This is no coincidence. Alex Smith sucks.

Please leave, for me.

It's true Bowe hasn't looked very good (but I think that will get better)...Fasano and McGrath on the other hand has been looking like a studs compared to what everyone would have expected.

Perhaps the answer is somewhere in the middle?

SAUTO
11-20-2013, 03:31 PM
I am in no way a Cryniners fan, I can't stand them.

All I'm saying is that shit is very rarely as simple as "AS sucks and that's why the Chiefs lost". There where are a lot of factors in the lose and if that is too complicated then I'm sorry.

obviously you are a smith fan and delusional

SAUTO
11-20-2013, 03:33 PM
Again with the comparison to a HOF qb. I'm not sure about the line comparison..I think the KC line is worse...but Pats do have more drops. Probably a better comparison of what a HOF QB would look like vs what Smith is doing.

the comparision is to a good QB.

you know just like you are here telling us smith is...

Jakemall
11-20-2013, 03:38 PM
the comparision is to a good QB.

you know just like you are here telling us smith is...

Oh..so he's only good...he wont' go to the HOF? Puhlease.

SAUTO
11-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Oh..so he's only good...he wont' go to the HOF? Puhlease.

did I say he wont go to the HOF?

trying to find a qb in a comparable situation this season to compare their play.

this season it would be brady.

SAUTO
11-20-2013, 04:00 PM
who would you like tom compare him with?

Jakemall
11-20-2013, 04:02 PM
did I say he wont go to the HOF?

trying to find a qb in a comparable situation this season to compare their play.

this season it would be brady.

And I said that it was comparible... Next week let's compare Dan Marino to Andy Dalton.

SAUTO
11-20-2013, 04:59 PM
And I said that it was comparible... Next week let's compare Dan Marino to Andy Dalton.

Dalton is a young player, smith has NINE FUCKING YEARS of play to base our opinions on.

JFC you guys are idiots

Pablo
11-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Denver would be just as good with Alex Smith as they are with Peyton Manning. Both QBs are just managing the game.All QB's are game managers.

Duh! They're the same guy.

Snapplez
11-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Dalton is a young player, smith has NINE ****ING YEARS of play to base our opinions on.

JFC you guys are idiots

No, you don't get it. We can only look at the years where he wasn't a failed lobotomy. He's basically still a rookie that way!

SAUTO
11-20-2013, 05:09 PM
No, you don't get it. We can only look at the years where he wasn't a failed lobotomy. He's basically still a rookie that way!

Its funny that any qb brought up is better than Smith so we can't compare them, yet when we compare him to Cassel we are fucking crazy.

Who the fuck is an acceptable comparison?
Posted via Mobile Device

TheUte
11-20-2013, 05:19 PM
Dalton is a young player, smith has NINE ****ING YEARS of play to base our opinions on.

JFC you guys are idiots

Andy Dalton is 26 and AS is 29, 3 years. Seems like a fine comparison.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Other good synonyms you posted that aptly describe Alex are unexceptional, unremarkable and lackluster.

ROFL.
really?

And the guy does NOT have to be Brady or Manning to make it happen with this current line and crew. That's the part that pisses me the fuck off.

Name ANY of the "unworthy" backups we faced this season. Yes, THAT GUY can do it, and for WAY LESS than we paid, and WITHOUT the long-term implications that come with Smith.

This franchise should literally be fined for neglect and ineptitude of the Quarterback position.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-20-2013, 05:26 PM

Remember when Cassel was "basically a rookie" by certain idiots on this board?

I sure as fuck do.

CoMoChief
11-20-2013, 05:28 PM
It's a tri-fecta's worth of shitty problems.

1. Alex Smith is not a good QB. We all know this. He limits what the offense can do. There's a reason why most of his passes are under 10 yds. The guy can't throw well downfield.

2. Our Oline can not block for shit, whether it's in the passing or running game, might be one of the league's worst to be honest. So that's going to make an already sub par QB, perform even worse.

3. Last but not least and to even make matters worse...our WR's can't catch or get proper separation from their defender.

The you put that all together and wrap that up into a ultra-conservative passing game plan and you have a disasterous and unproductive offense. Opponents line up to stop Jamaal Charles and rush on Fisher's side and that's how you stop the Chiefs.

Kaepernick
11-20-2013, 07:51 PM

Does something magically happen if I don't use the signature?

I own up when I'm wrong and I don't back down when I'm right. I'm not the type of pussy who is going to take down a sig just because I might lose. I don't plan on losing, but if I do, that's my problem. 49ers can easily still go 10-6.

I have no respect for the kind of shallow character in people who don't own up when they are wrong or conveniently want people to forget their mistakes. But it isn't over yet, is it? You don't quit playing in the 3rd quarter. I hope your not the type to leave a game in the 3rd quarter just because you project your team will lose.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-20-2013, 07:59 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9930022/nfl-weakest-players-nfl-best-teams?ex_cid=espnapi_public

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb3i9aFN231qhm9o0.gif

loochy
11-20-2013, 08:03 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9930022/nfl-weakest-players-nfl-best-teams?ex_cid=espnapi_public

ROFL he's number 1

Hammock Parties
11-20-2013, 08:08 PM
outstanding

we're getting a head start on "QB X sucks" from the national media for the new regime

Cassel was getting MVP mentions his 2nd season so this is a good sign

ChiefsCountry
11-20-2013, 08:10 PM
Oh shit ESPN used PFF, that means it isn't true.

Snapplez
11-20-2013, 08:11 PM
Remember when Cassel was "basically a rookie" by certain idiots on this board?

I sure as **** do.

Not at the planet in particular, but yeah, I remember seeing that. Amazing how the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-20-2013, 08:16 PM
outstanding

we're getting a head start on "QB X sucks" from the national media for the new regime

Cassel was getting MVP mentions his 2nd season so this is a good sign

I think the sporting press at large is as sick of our shit as we are.

Jakemall
11-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Does something magically happen if I don't use the signature?

I own up when I'm wrong and I don't back down when I'm right. I'm not the type of pussy who is going to take down a sig just because I might lose. I don't plan on losing, but if I do, that's my problem. 49ers can easily still go 10-6.

I have no respect for the kind of shallow character in people who don't own up when they are wrong or conveniently want people to forget their mistakes. But it isn't over yet, is it? You don't quit playing in the 3rd quarter. I hope your not the type to leave a game in the 3rd quarter just because you project your team will lose.

I wasn't saying anything about your character. Just because you admit that you might have been wrong and take it off means little. Way to turn a molehill into a mountain though. :thumb:

GoChargers
11-20-2013, 08:27 PM
Its funny that any qb brought up is better than Smith so we can't compare them, yet when we compare him to Cassel we are fucking crazy.

Who the fuck is an acceptable comparison?
Posted via Mobile Device

Any of the league's worst quarterbacks, or a middling quarterback that had a terrible game that week. Only comparisons that enable the Alice slurpers to say "at least we don't have ____ under center" are allowed.

Sorter
11-20-2013, 08:31 PM

Smith is our fifth lowest-ranked pure passer and it's easy to see why, with a style that is more reliant on dumping the ball off than making plays downfield. It's telling that his yards-in-the-air percentage of 44.9 is the lowest in the league, meaning the Chiefs have the highest percentage of yards after the catch of any team in the league. Eventually Smith will need to beat teams down the field if the Chiefs are trailing -- and that's not his game. He's throwing just 5.7 percent of his attempts further than 20 yards, the lowest rate in the league and an indication of how limited the passing attack is.

OL and receiver's (Bowe) fault.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2013, 08:35 PM
The thing about Alex...he is so consistently meh it makes you wonder if he can ever get it together.

It's not like he can mix in an "oh that was impressive" game every once inawhile....he literally doesn't. I mean even Cassel did that.

And that is why I am already fucking done with the turd. I smelled him in the offseason and the stench is only getting thicker and more disgusting.

Sorter
11-20-2013, 08:37 PM
The thing about Alex...he is so consistently meh it makes you wonder if he can ever get it together.

It's not like he can mix in an "oh that was impressive" game every once inawhile....he literally doesn't. I mean even Cassel did that.

And that is why I am already fucking done with the turd. I smelled him in the offseason and the stench is only getting thicker and more disgusting.

I disagree.

SAUTO
11-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Andy Dalton is 26 and AS is 29, 3 years. Seems like a fine comparison.

Games played?
Posted via Mobile Device

vailpass

And that is why I am already ****ing done with the turd. I smelled him in the offseason and the stench is only getting thicker and more disgusting.

That may not be Smith you smell. When's the last time you douched?

Deberg_1990

And that is why I am already ****ing done with the turd. I smelled him in the offseason and the stench is only getting thicker and more disgusting.

He's not a turd, but he's very limited.

I went back and looked at Kyle Ortons stats from his Chiefs games in 2011. He basically had lesser or equal offensive talent to what we have now, and he did more with it.

Smith just doesn't see the whole field and doesn't push it down the field.

And I'm not even an Orton fan.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OrtoKy00/gamelog/2011/

Sorter
11-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Games played?
Posted via Mobile Device

Irrelevant!!!

Sorter
11-20-2013, 08:41 PM
He's not a turd, but he's very limited.

I went back and looked at Kyle Ortons stats from his Chiefs games in 2011. He basically had lesser or equal offensive talent to what we have now, and he did more with it.

Smith just doesn't see the whole field and doesn't push it down the field.

And I'm not even an Orton fan.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OrtoKy00/gamelog/2011/

To play Devil(LMAO)'s advocate, he didn't have the disadvantage of playing for a 9-1 team.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2013, 08:42 PM
I disagree.

The guy has never had a 4 TD game, and has 3 300-yard games for his career.

C'mon, man.

SAUTO
11-20-2013, 08:42 PM
Hai guyz Alex Smith was awesome against the saints once...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-20-2013, 08:48 PM
Hai guyz Alex Smith was awesome against the saints once...
Posted via Mobile Device

:LOL:

Sorter
11-20-2013, 08:48 PM
The guy has never had a 4 TD game, and has 3 300-yard games for his career.

C'mon, man.

I probably should have read the entire post.

As a Chief, I don't think Alex has put together an entire game that meets with what I quoted. However, he's made quite a few throws and decisions that appear he's taking the next step, only to follow it up with poor throws/decisions and inconsistency (despite how much blame one decides to attribute to poor OL play). Probably why it's more frustrating to most and provides evidence for those that think he's the answer.

Deberg_1990
11-20-2013, 08:54 PM
I probably should have read the entire post.

As a Chief, I don't think Alex has put together an entire game that meets with what I quoted. However, he's made quite a few throws and decisions that appear he's taking the next step, only to follow it up with poor throws/decisions and inconsistency (despite how much blame one decides to attribute to poor OL play). Probably why it's more frustrating to most and provides evidence for those that think he's the answer.

I actually liked in the Denver game that he seemed to be attempting to push the ball down the field more. He just was inaccurate or the WRs were not open for the most part.

Here is what is sort of telling about about Smith. He's on pace for a career year in yards and attempts, but his completion pct. has dropped off. Basically he's throwing for more yards because he gets more attempts per game than he has the past few years.

I don't know.....I can't slam him too hard, because he does win most of his games, but he's really pretty frustrating at times too.

petegz28
11-20-2013, 08:58 PM
I actually liked in the Denver game that he seemed to be attempting to push the ball down the field more. He just was inaccurate or the WRs were not open for the most part.

Here is what is sort of telling about about Smith. He's on pace for a career year in yards and attempts, but his completion pct. has dropped off. Basically he's throwing for more yards because he gets more attempts per game than he has the past few years.

I don't know.....I can't slam him too hard, because he does win most of his games, but he's really pretty frustrating at times too.

I agree he isn't as consistent as we'd like but as you were pointing out his inaccuracy or WR's not being open you left out WIDE OPEN WR's dropping perfect, unconstested passes that hit them right in the fucking hands.

The last couple games we have gone down field more and yes, Smith has been less than impressive with consistently being accurate. That being said our WR's have consistently dropped the fucking ball as well.

Simply Red
11-20-2013, 09:04 PM
All of these QB's come in to KC, then they read the planet and then they start sucking.

hometeam
11-20-2013, 09:05 PM
every team has drops. Every team has OL problems.

Good QB's perform regardless.

source: good Qb's

Hammock Parties
11-20-2013, 09:09 PM

The Lions lead the league in drops and the Patriots are 2nd. Broncos are 5th.

Stafford and Brady don't care. Manning is awesome.

petegz28
11-20-2013, 09:10 PM

We have dropped more wide open passes than I care to see, couple would have gone for easy TD's

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-20-2013, 09:16 PM
Good QB's elevate.

Simply Red
11-20-2013, 09:17 PM
These QB's are studs when they arrive - then they read CP threads like these and they wilt. That's what has been happening here.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-20-2013, 09:18 PM
These QB's are studs when they arrive - then they read CP threads like these and they wilt. That's what has been happening here.

"There is no justice, only power"

-Darth Vader

petegz28
11-20-2013, 09:24 PM
Good QB's elevate.

That's a nice cliche but when you throw a perfect pass to someone and they flat out drop it then you can't say a better QB would have made the receiver catch it.

The very first play of the game Avery dropped a wide open, easy to catch pass.

Bowe dropped a very catchable pass down the sidelines

Charles dropped a catchable TD twice

But you watch other teams and their receivers are making acrobatic and one handed catches like it ain't shit and we can't catch passes that hit us in the hands.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2013, 09:26 PM
That's a nice cliche but when you throw a perfect pass to someone and they flat out drop it then you can't say a better QB would have made the receiver catch it.

But you watch other teams and their receivers are making acrobatic and one handed catches like it ain't shit and we can't catch passes that hit us in the hands.

You just want to make excuses for any shitheel in a red helmet.

Alex needs to go if he doesn't improve next season.

petegz28
11-20-2013, 09:28 PM
You just want to make excuses for any shitheel in a red helmet.

Alex needs to go if he doesn't improve next season.

No, I am pointing out that when you have a QB like we do we can't be dropping easy passes. I have no problems with cutting Smith if he doesn't improve. I also have no problems cutting Bowe or Avery if they don't catch the god damn ball more either. And take Dex with them.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2013, 09:29 PM
No, I am pointing out that when you have a QB like we do we can't be dropping easy passes. I have no problems with cutting Smith if he doesn't improve. I also have no problems cutting Bowe or Avery if they don't catch the god damn ball more either. And take Dex with them.

Yeah we should cut Bowe. LMAO

petegz28
11-20-2013, 09:31 PM
Yeah we should cut Bowe. LMAO

It wouldn't break my heart. We can get someone who can't get open in 1-1 coverage for a lot less $ and drama.

Snapplez
11-20-2013, 09:32 PM
It wouldn't break my heart. We can get someone who can't get open in 1-1 coverage for a lot less $ and drama.

JFC

Hammock Parties
11-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Never change, Pete. LMAO

hometeam
11-20-2013, 09:37 PM

These things you said are true.

These things also happen to every other QB.

petegz28
11-20-2013, 09:37 PM
Never change, Pete. LMAO

What does Bowe offer anymore? If anything he is a #2. We need someone who can get open and get open downfield.

ChiefsCountry
11-20-2013, 09:39 PM
Didn't we just debunk the WR drop passes thing especially Bowe earlier today?