PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43

Messier
11-20-2013, 09:43 PM
Good QB's elevate.

Great QBs elevate. Good QBs need good players around them.

Mr. Plow
11-20-2013, 09:48 PM
What does Bowe offer anymore? If anything he is a #2. We need someone who can get open and get open downfield.

Why is Bowe suddenly a #2 WR?

hometeam
11-20-2013, 09:49 PM

Because he has Alex for QB.

petegz28

Because I don't think he is dynamic enough to be a #1.

Mr. Plow
Because I don't think he is dynamic enough to be a #1.

So this year he isn't dynamic enough to be a #1. Gotcha.

GloryDayz
11-20-2013, 09:51 PM
Well, we're not at 10,000 yet, but getting close...

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-20-2013, 10:01 PM
Great QBs elevate. Shitty QBs need good players around them.

fxd.

Kaepernick
11-20-2013, 10:13 PM
I wasn't saying anything about your character. Just because you admit that you might have been wrong and take it off means little. Way to turn a molehill into a mountain though. :thumb:

So you had no point in posting to me.

Thanks. I always appreciate meaningless drivel from people who have no clue why they are talking to me. :rolleyes:

Kaepernick
11-20-2013, 10:16 PM
The thing about Alex...he is so consistently meh it makes you wonder if he can ever get it together.

It's not like he can mix in an "oh that was impressive" game every once inawhile....he literally doesn't. I mean even Cassel did that.

And that is why I am already ****ing done with the turd. I smelled him in the offseason and the stench is only getting thicker and more disgusting.

Has it been that long since the Giants game. He seemed to be arrow up here after his 2nd half play in the Giants game. That was your big highlight from Alex for the year.

Kaepernick
11-20-2013, 10:19 PM
Games played?
Posted via Mobile Device

Anybody with a brain knows Andy is still developing and reaching his peak while Alex has hit his ceiling.

I'll answer your question,

Andy = 45 starts
Alex = 92 starts.

Sorter
11-20-2013, 10:22 PM
No, I am pointing out that when you have a QB like we do we can't be dropping easy passes. I have no problems with cutting Smith if he doesn't improve. I also have no problems cutting Bowe or Avery if they don't catch the god damn ball more either. And take Dex with them.

A WR group of Jenkins, Ernest, and Williams would definitely be more productive.

Pete, your logic is completely justifiable and I have no idea why anyone would ever ridicule your posts.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2013, 10:28 PM
If only Bowe could catch the perfect passes Alex throws him.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/ughalex.gif

Red Dawg
11-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Why all the Smith debate still? We know he is flawed badly. Nothing coaches can do about it. He was the best they could get for now after Philly said no to a Foles deal. Who else was there?

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-20-2013, 10:32 PM
Why all the Smith debate still? We know he is flawed badly. Nothing coaches can do about it. He was the best they could get for now after Philly said no to a Foles deal. Who else was there?

That Guy(pick one).

hometeam

In this case, we is a relative term.

Sweet Daddy Hate

Sigh...I miss Gif'd Up...

Bearcat
11-20-2013, 10:35 PM

Yeah, but that was probably a much less crucial part of the game than a first down 3 minutes into the game.

O.city
11-20-2013, 10:42 PM

Bowe needs to make that catch. It wasn't a great throw, no. But it also was one that was very catchable and it's one that I wouldn't even have called a miraculous catch had he made it.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2013, 10:44 PM
It was a very poor throw, and an incredibly difficult catch.

O.city
11-20-2013, 10:46 PM

Yeah, no.

Not a good throw, but it's not an "incredibly difficult catch".

Jakemall
11-20-2013, 10:51 PM

Please gif up the other 13 throws.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2013, 11:04 PM
Bowe probably timed his jump perfectly and that his his full extension.

The ball BARELY grazed his fingertips, and it was coming in hard and fast.

I'd say Alex made that catch way too hard. And it's a great example of why our receivers "drop" more of his throws.

O.city
11-20-2013, 11:07 PM
Barely grazed his fingertips?

Sorry, but if Bowe wants to be what he talks about being, he's gotta haul that in.

Jakemall
11-20-2013, 11:09 PM
Bowe probably timed his jump perfectly and that his his full extension.

The ball BARELY grazed his fingertips, and it was coming in hard and fast.

I'd say Alex made that catch way too hard. And it's a great example of why our receivers "drop" more of his throws.

Just for the record, that would NOT be considered a drop. A drop by definition is 100% on the WR. If the pass was just a little off or there was any defensive involvement in the incompletion it is not considered a drop.

There are a lot of catchable balls that are not recorded as drops.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Barely grazed his fingertips?

Sorry, but if Bowe wants to be what he talks about being, he's gotta haul that in.

Dude, that pass had velocity, and came nowhere near his palms. It hits the top of his fingers.

Not hard to see why it fell incomplete.

O.city
11-20-2013, 11:16 PM
Dude, that pass had velocity, and came nowhere near his palms. It hits the top of his fingers.

Not hard to see why it fell incomplete.

Palms?

You catch a football with your fingertips away from your body. It's not an easy catch, but it's not really as difficult as you're making it out to be.

Brock
11-20-2013, 11:17 PM
That should have been caught, shitty pass or not. Bowe would admit that, just like alex wishes he'd thrown it better.

jd1020
11-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Kinda hard to tell from that gif but didn't Bowe have to reverse his momentum on that pass?

Turning his body, jumping, full extension and just barely gets his hands on it... easy catch /O

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-20-2013, 11:19 PM

Some balls gotta be high bud it's called football. If Alex throws that ball lower it's a pick by number 52. Then we would hear you bitch about that.

O.city
11-20-2013, 11:19 PM
If it were coming at such velocity and he barely got fingertips on it, why did the ball change momentum like it did and go straight up in the air like that?

Hammock Parties
11-20-2013, 11:21 PM
Kinda hard to tell from that gif but didn't Bowe have to reverse his momentum on that pass?

Turning his body, jumping, full extension and just barely gets his hands on it... easy catch /O

http://i.imgur.com/SSuQqGI.gif

http://i.imgur.com/jDeAJr0.jpg

ThaVirus
11-20-2013, 11:23 PM

High and behind; I mentioned that one earlier.

That would have been a difficult catch to make but we argue that Smith needs to throw it up for Bowe to do his thing and he didn't there. I'd like to see Alex place that one a foot lower and have Bowe actually catch it in the future.

EDIT: A foot lower *and out in front. That's a classic Casselian throw. He barely even has a chance to make that catch. He DEFINITELY has no chance of racking up any YAC.

jd1020
11-20-2013, 11:23 PM
We desperately need better WRs.

If they can't even be counted on to make the easy catches like that its time to move on.

Alex needs better support.

O.city
11-20-2013, 11:25 PM

Yes, I said no such thing.

It's not an easy catch. But it's a catch I'd expect Bowe to make, and in that situation especially.

themanwithnoname
11-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Some balls gotta be high bud it's called football. If Alex throws that ball lower it's a pick by number 52. Then we would hear you bitch about that.

Unless #52 has a fucking six foot vertical he's not intercepting shit.

While the blame does fall on the receivers for plenty of the drops they've had, there's something about mediocre and shitty QBs that seems to make them hard to catch. I have a theory its because they're so inconsistent in how they throw that the receivers can't build up any muscle memory to catch it. They're either having to reach, catch a bullet on a 2 yard out where a soft throw is all that's needed, or focus so much on finding where the fucking ball is that when Smith puts it right on the money they're not expecting it and without the muscle memory their hands don't clamp down on it instinctively.

jd1020
11-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Yes, I said no such thing.

It's not an easy catch. But it's a catch I'd expect Bowe to make, and in that situation especially.

No wonder people all of a sudden dont think Bowe is a #1 receiver with the acquisition of Alex Smith.

Bullshit throws like that are now "expected" to be caught.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-20-2013, 11:27 PM
Unless #52 has a ****ing six foot vertical he's not intercepting shit.

While the blame does fall on the receivers for plenty of the drops they've had, there's something about mediocre and shitty QBs that seems to make them hard to catch. I have a theory its because they're so inconsistent in how they throw that the receivers can't build up any muscle memory to catch it. They're either having to reach, catch a bullet on a 2 yard out where a soft throw is all that's needed, or focus so much on finding where the ****ing ball is that when Smith puts it right on the money they're not expecting it and without the muscle memory their hands don't clamp down on it instinctively.

WTF are you talking about? If that ball is any lower 52 has a pick 6

Simply Red
11-20-2013, 11:28 PM

I have good enough hands even I'd have a shot at that grab - my leaping ability would fail. But Bowe should make that catch. I bet Jon Baldwin would've snagged that.

O.city
11-20-2013, 11:28 PM
No wonder people all of a sudden dont think Bowe is a #1 receiver with the acquisition of Alex Smith.

Bullshit throws like that are now "expected" to be caught.

On the road at a division rival who were are currently in battle with for the division title, yeah, I'd expect my best wr to make catches like that.

jd1020
11-20-2013, 11:29 PM

Bowe is 8 yards behind him, jumping, fully extended and just barely touches it... But ya, clearly it would have been a pick 6 if it was even so much as 6 inches lower.

You sir are retarded.

Simply Red
11-20-2013, 11:30 PM

I probably make that grab, there.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-20-2013, 11:33 PM
Bowe is 8 yards behind him, jumping, fully extended and just barely touches it... But ya, clearly it would have been a pick 6 if it was even so much as 6 inches lower.

You sir are retarded.

Alex put that ball where only Bowe could catch it. Just a qucik ? who did you want QBing the chiefs in 2013? Don't say a rookie cause Reid didn't want one.

O.city
11-20-2013, 11:34 PM
The ball would have had to have been at Bowe's feet for 52 to have been in a spot to catch it. Maybe if he leads him more and throws it lower 52 could have gotten to it, but I doubt it.

It was a high throw that didn't have to be that high.

jd1020
11-20-2013, 11:34 PM
Alex put that ball where only Bowe could catch it. Just a qucik ? who did you want QBing the chiefs in 2013? Don't say a rookie cause Reid didn't want one.

We go from talking about a shit ass pass to who I wanted to be the QB?

You should get that ADD checked out.

Stick to reposting twitter feeds.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-20-2013, 11:36 PM
We go from talking about a shit ass pass to who I wanted to be the QB?

You should get that ADD checked out.

Stick to reposting twitter feeds.

No answer then? just keep bitching about Alex.

jd1020
11-20-2013, 11:37 PM
No answer then? just keep bitching about Alex.

Don't worry, I wont. He gives anyone all the ammunition they will ever need.

O.city
11-20-2013, 11:38 PM
IIRC, I don't think he could have led him much because of a safety there. But it's a high throw.

jd1020
11-20-2013, 11:41 PM
I think he threw it behind Bowe because if he led him he would have hit the overhead camera.

Someone with the pinpoint accuracy of Alex Smith doesn't Cassel a ball.

RunKC
11-21-2013, 12:00 AM
That ball should have been caught by Bowe, but yet here Bowe is again doing what he has done his entire career: drop the ball in crucial moments.

Alex played his best game of the season on Sunday and his receivers let him down.

The Avery pass was a perfect deep pass. That pass to Bowe hit his hands.
And goddamnit I love Charles, but JFC that screen that he dropped at the 5 yard line was HUGE. That was a TD if he catches that.

Our receivers catch the balls the balls that they should have and Alex Smith has 3 TD's, 300 passing yards and a possible win.

This game was on our receivers fucking it all up, not Alex.

Brock
11-21-2013, 12:05 AM
That ball should have been caught by Bowe, but yet here Bowe is again doing what he has done his entire career: drop the ball in crucial moments.

Where do you people come up with this shit?

ThaVirus
11-21-2013, 12:05 AM

Alex played his best game of the season on Sunday and his receivers let him down.

The Avery pass was a perfect deep pass. That pass to Bowe hit his hands.
And goddamnit I love Charles, but JFC that screen that he dropped at the 5 yard line was HUGE. That was a TD if he catches that.

Our receivers catch the balls the balls that they should have and Alex Smith has 3 TD's, 300 passing yards and a possible win.

This game was on our receivers ****ing it all up, not Alex.

3 TDs? Where are you getting your information? The only pass that was dropped in the endzone was by Charles right before he dropped the screen. Both of those drops were big when they happened but were rendered null and void when that drive was capped by a TD to Bowe.

Pablo
11-21-2013, 12:06 AM
That was a shit pass but bowe could have got it.

Alex has the accuracy of cassel.

Pablo
11-21-2013, 12:15 AM
3 TDs? Where are you getting your information? The only pass that was dropped in the endzone was by Charles right before he dropped the screen. Both of those drops were big when they happened but were rendered null and void when that drive was capped by a TD to Bowe.
When Alex throws a TD it should count for 1.5 since he does it so infrequently.

On pace for 26 this year!

RunKC
11-21-2013, 12:21 AM

You are right my bad. I got the drives mixed up. The horrible Charles screen drop was null because Bowe got the TD. Thought it was on the next drive where Charles got stuffed.

Point still stands. Receivers were the biggest problem. From fumbling the ball to dropping several balls that should have been caught.

Jakemall
11-21-2013, 02:51 AM
That should have been caught, shitty pass or not. Bowe would admit that, just like alex wishes he'd thrown it better.

This.

Jakemall
11-21-2013, 02:54 AM
So you had no point in posting to me.

Thanks. I always appreciate meaningless drivel from people who have no clue why they are talking to me. :rolleyes:

Now, that comment says something about your character. Have an nice day.

Sandy Vagina
11-21-2013, 07:52 AM
Would love to see someone have the guts to gif up the 30+ yarder on the sideline from Alex to Bowe. Another one that Bowe dropped... a 5 yard holding call was called against the defender going against Fasano.. but if Bowe catches this, we decline that hold and get the yardage. Why you no make star catches for a star receiver, Bowe?

( 8:25 left in the 2nd quarter )

Mr. Plow
11-21-2013, 08:20 AM
Clearly if that ball is thrown any lower the defensive line would have had an easy pick 6.

whoman69
11-21-2013, 09:10 AM
Alex Smith is another manager who is so afraid of making a mistake, he will never make a play. Despite the drops, you still have to look at the fact he was well under 50% completion for the game. He also took 3 sacks. Even if he threw for 300 yards, on 45 attempts that only 6.66 yards per attempt.

RunKC
11-21-2013, 09:13 AM
Alex Smith is another manager who is so afraid of making a mistake, he will never make a play. Despite the drops, you still have to look at the fact he was well under 50% completion for the game. He also took 3 sacks. Even if he threw for 300 yards, on 45 attempts that only 6.66 yards per attempt.

If his WR's could catch or consistently get open, he would be better.

Receivers look worse than Alex. Especially DMC

petegz28
11-21-2013, 09:14 AM

Show the one on the sidelines he dropped and stop trying to cherry pick

MahiMike
11-21-2013, 09:15 AM
I'm glad we are comparing our "franchise" guy to quarterbacks that are struggling and saying "atleast he's not as bad as this guy!"

The other end is to compare him to Brady, Manning. That one kills me.

Hammock Parties
11-21-2013, 09:15 AM

Receivers look worse than Alex. Especially DMC

Over the course of the whole season, Alex is a much bigger problem.

He is just reverting to form. He was always a shitty QB. Harbaugh hid him well in SF by limiting his attempts, though.

Accept that he must go, and soon, for us to move forward.

petegz28
11-21-2013, 09:16 AM

objectivity...clay has no use for objectivity

MahiMike
11-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Flacco isn't a franchise guy who is struggling...he was never very good...he had one good play off season and that's it.

I stopped there.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-21-2013, 09:42 AM
Over the course of the whole season, Alex is a much bigger problem.

He is just reverting to form. He was always a shitty QB. Harbaugh hid him well in SF by limiting his attempts, though.

Accept that he must go, and soon, for us to move forward.

http://img.pandawhale.com/84010-and-the-truth-shall-set-you-fr-1mqE.gif

Pablo
11-21-2013, 09:47 AM
Would love to see someone have the guts to gif up the 30+ yarder on the sideline from Alex to Bowe. Another one that Bowe dropped... a 5 yard holding call was called against the defender going against Fasano.. but if Bowe catches this, we decline that hold and get the yardage. Why you no make star catches for a star receiver, Bowe?

( 8:25 left in the 2nd quarter )There is no 'we' here. You're a fan of a single guy on a team. You're a scum 49ers fan first and foremost; and want to act like you're on our side because you slurp Alex.

Pablo
11-21-2013, 09:48 AM

Receivers look worse than Alex. Especially DMCThey both look pretty awful.

One position is supposed to elevate the play of those around them.

Curious which one that is.

TheUte
11-21-2013, 09:58 AM
You ****ers are funny. All you ever say throw the ball down the field and let Bowe go get it.

All he needs to do is give him a chance. Well he did that and look what happened.

If a receiver can touch the ball in the NFL he needs to catch it.

Damn, that is high school ball.

How the **** does a QB elevate the play of his receivers if they can't catch ****ing balls.

Bowe got two hands on the ball he should have made the catch period.

Man, double standard much?????????

Hammock Parties
11-21-2013, 10:00 AM
two fingertips now equals two hands LMAO

TheUte
11-21-2013, 10:02 AM
two fingertips now equals two hands LMAO

I guarantee Bowe would tell you he should have made that catch. ROFL

Chiefnj2
11-21-2013, 10:05 AM
When receivers on the Packers or Saints drop a ball you think "that sucks, they blew an opportunity, but [Brees, Rodgers] will make that throw again."

When a KC receiver drops a ball you think "Oh crap, that was our one downfield shot this game and we blew it. Game over."

Pablo
11-21-2013, 10:05 AM
You ****ers are funny. All you ever say throw the ball down the field and let Bowe go get it.

All he needs to do is give him a chance. Well he did that and look what happened.

If a receiver can touch the ball in the NFL he needs to catch it.

Damn, that is high school ball.

How the **** does a QB elevate the play of his receivers if they can't catch ****ing balls.

Bowe got two hands on the ball he should have made the catch period.

Man, double standard much?????????Alex is an inaccurate QB. That's supposed to be one of his strong suits. And it isn't this year.

He's inconsistent from throw to throw and didn't do his part early on in the year to build any sort of chemistry with his WR's. He still isn't. He had some good throws in the Denver game, but spent plenty of time throwing swing passes and check-downs the rest of the game.

He's just as much of a problem as the WR's, except he's supposed to be the leader of this team and elevate the play of the offense.

If this offense performs; he will get credit. They are floundering, and he is getting his due ridicule.

Pablo
11-21-2013, 10:07 AM
When receivers on the Packers or Saints drop a ball you think "that sucks, they blew an opportunity, but [Brees, Rodgers] will make that throw again."

When a KC receiver drops a ball you think "Oh crap, that was our one downfield shot this game and we blew it. Game over."This as well. Our margin of error is incredibly low because we have a QB and system in place that won't throw down field.

If those down field opportunities go wasted by the fault of Alex or the WR; then we're just going to have to watch check downs the rest of the game because it's wired into Alex's brain to not take any more risks if they didn't work the first time.

TheUte
11-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Alex is an inaccurate QB. That's supposed to be one of his strong suits. And it isn't this year.

He's inconsistent from throw to throw and didn't do his part early on in the year to build any sort of chemistry with his WR's. He still isn't. He had some good throws in the Denver game, but spent plenty of time throwing swing passes and check-downs the rest of the game.

He's just as much of a problem as the WR's, except he's supposed to be the leader of this team and elevate the play of the offense.

If this offense performs; he will get credit. They are floundering, and he is getting his due ridicule.

I agree.
Just so long as there is acknowledgement that the receivers share some of the blame.

Hammock Parties
11-21-2013, 10:18 AM
I agree.
Just so long as there is acknowledgement that the receivers share some of the blame.

Can we win a Super Bowl with Dwayne Bowe starting?

Yes.

Can we win a Super Bowl with Alex Smith starting?

Nope.

TheUte
11-21-2013, 10:23 AM

Yes.

Nope.

You are incorrect sir, sorry.

Teams win Super Bowls.

And The Chiefs can win a SB with AS. Sorry, But the Donkey Game actually left me feeling really good.

A couple of plays go the other way and Chiefs win.

I still think the we win the division. Yeah I'm nuts right.

Dayze
11-21-2013, 10:24 AM

Teams win Super Bowls.

And The Chiefs can win a SB with AS. Sorry, But the Donkey Game actually left me feeling really good.

I still think the we win the division. Yeah I'm nuts right.

Wut...

TheUte
11-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Wut...

I'm an optimist.

Pablo
11-21-2013, 10:26 AM

Teams win Super Bowls.

I still think the we win the division. Yeah I'm nuts right.I felt really good about our defense forcing Manning into 3 and out's in the second half; and holding the highest scoring offense in NFL history to 27 points.

What didn't make me feel good was watching an inept offense, led by a veteran QB shit down their legs time and time again.

Our offense was exposed by a pretty poor Broncos defense.

Pablo
11-21-2013, 10:27 AM
I'm an optimist.How long have you been a Chiefs fan?

Fish
11-21-2013, 10:31 AM

When a KC receiver drops a ball you think "Oh crap, that was our one downfield shot this game and we blew it. Game over."

Exactly. This needs to be repeated. This is exactly why nobody says much about Peyton Manning passes being dropped. Even though Manning's receivers have dropped more than Alex Smith's receivers. With good QBs, a drop is essentially inconsequential. When you have Alex Smith, one dropped pass feels like the end of the world because everyone watching knows that it likely won't be attempted again.

So then we dissect it and post gifs and argue and make excuses both ways and assign blame. Because there's so few of these passes, we think up reasoning for it like Alex not trusting the WRs, or the playcalling being overly conservative. We get to the chicken or the egg conundrum. When in reality, our WRs don't really drop it any more than any other teams. We just throw downfield so little that we place infinitely more importance on it than other fans have to.

TheUte
11-21-2013, 10:44 AM
How long have you been a Chiefs fan?

Apparently not long enough to stop feeling the need to punish myself.

Pablo
11-21-2013, 10:45 AM
Apparently not long enough to stop feeling the need to punish myself.So this season or longer?

TheUte
11-21-2013, 10:50 AM
So this season or longer?

oh way longer than this season.

Nightfyre
11-21-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm an Alex Smith nut-hugging bandwagon fan.

Fixed. No long-time Chiefs fan is an optimist.

Sandy Vagina
11-21-2013, 11:17 AM

doesn't mean yall have to be a rude pussy about it...

TheUte
11-21-2013, 11:19 AM

Wow. Dude I feel really sorry for you. It must suck to go through life like that.

It takes just a much energy to happy as it does to be pissed.

Maybe when you grow up a little you will understand.

ThaVirus
11-21-2013, 11:19 AM
Stop trying to tell us about our fucking team.

We are CHIEFS fans; you're an ALEX SMITH fan. Do you not see the issue here?

Pablo
11-21-2013, 11:20 AM
doesn't mean yall have to be a rude pussy about it...Tell all of CP more about the 'we' and 'us'.

Did you enjoy last year's team? The most awful season in franchise history.

Oh, that's right. You didn't watch it.

Niners fans feelings about how Chiefs fans should view their franchise are fucking worthless.

Sandy Vagina
11-21-2013, 11:21 AM
Alex is an inaccurate QB. That's supposed to be one of his strong suits. And it isn't this year.

Yet it was last year... so maybe just maybe the receivers are not running their routes as required? Maybe the QB and receivers need to work longer together to get better in sync. Accurate QBs don't just suddenly become inaccurate. Tom Brady was in the 63 and 65 percent in the prior years.. and now he is 58 percent... so did he suddenly become inaccurate as well? Or maybe his targets are young and shitty?

Think, muther****er!!! :doh!:

Pablo
11-21-2013, 11:23 AM
Yet it was last year... so maybe just maybe the receivers are not running their routes as required? Maybe the QB and receivers need to work longer together to get better in sync. Accurate QBs don't just suddenly become inaccurate. Tom Brady was in the 63 and 65 percent in the prior years.. and now he is 58 percent... so did he suddenly become inaccurate as well? Or maybe his targets are young and shitty?

Think, muther****er!!! :doh!:Your thoughts and opinions don't matter.

Sandy Vagina
11-21-2013, 11:23 AM
Niners fans feelings about how Chiefs fans should view their franchise are ****ing worthless.

They might just be... but that doesn't make them any less true. Some of you are being butthurt little bitter pussies... don't get mad at me for pointing out that obvious fact. Even some of the better posters and long-time CP-ers feel that way about you. So clearly, THEY have tough-skin and are mature adults... take a lesson, bitch.

Jakemall
11-21-2013, 11:25 AM
I stopped there.

English as a 2nd language? I understand. :thumb:

Sandy Vagina
11-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Stop trying to tell us about our ****ing team.

The issue... is that instead of dealing with the actual topic, you need to assault others that are simply positive, mature people. It doesn't matter what team you are most a fan of. I have been a Cubs fan for many years, and I don't act like a whiny child because they forever suck.

Some people are built for endurance, and some fold like cheap tents. Do you really want to be a weak, crumbled tent?

Sandy Vagina
11-21-2013, 11:28 AM
Your thoughts and opinions don't matter.

Way to completely avoid the topic and truth of it. May as well stick your fingers in your ears and cry out lalalalallallaalalal...

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2011/04/04/1226033/495491-boy-with-fingers-inb-ears.jpg

Nightfyre
11-21-2013, 11:30 AM
doesn't mean yall have to be a rude pussy about it...

They might just be... but that doesn't make them any less true. Some of you are being butthurt little bitter pussies... don't get mad at me for pointing out that obvious fact. Even some of the better posters and long-time CP-ers feel that way about you. So clearly, THEY have tough-skin and are mature adults... take a lesson, bitch.

Oh irony. Pack sand niner fan. :shake:

TheUte
11-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Stop trying to tell us about our ****ing team.

No I don't. I am an Alex Smith fan, but also a Chiefs fan the 2 are not mutually exclusive.

And I have screamed "WTF ALEX SMITH" more times than I can count, but JFC there are 53 men a roster for a reason.

You guys cherry pick plays and say look he sucks and oh every QB have receivers drop passes. Well BULLSHIT, not one fucking receiver on the squad has made catches that I've seen other QB get the benefit of.

Maybe that is the problem, maybe you should watch other teams as well.

Cause if you are saying that AS has receivers making plays like Jordy Nelson or megatron you are fucking stoned.

Pablo
11-21-2013, 11:32 AM
The issue... is that instead of dealing with the actual topic, you need to assault others that are simply positive, mature people. It doesn't matter what team you are most a fan of. I have been a Cubs fan for many years, and I don't act like a whiny child because they forever suck.

Some people are built for endurance, and some fold like cheap tents. Do you really want to be a weak, crumbled tent?Niners/Cubs/Alex Smith douche.

And we should care about your opinion again, why?

Nightfyre
11-21-2013, 11:34 AM
No I don't. I am an Alex Smith fan, but also a Chiefs fan the 2 are not mutually exclusive.

And I have screamed "WTF ALEX SMITH" more times than I can count, but JFC there are 53 men a roster for a reason.

You guys cherry pick plays and say look he sucks and oh every QB have receivers drop passes. Well BULLSHIT, not one ****ing receiver on the squad has made catches that I've seen other QB get the benefit of.

Cause if you are saying that AS has receivers making plays like Jordy Nelson or megatron you are ****ing stoned.

How effective has Jordy Nelson been without Rodgers? As a fantasy owner, I can tell you - not very. Alex Smith is not good as a starting NFL quarterback. Your homerism doesn't change that fact.

Sandy Vagina
11-21-2013, 11:35 AM
Oh irony. Pack sand niner fan. :shake:

So when you can't argue the point and feel thoroughly owned, you just throw out a mindless one-liner like pack sand, and hope that it makes you look okay? Okay... got it.. well done.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hand-gestures/you-are-a-loser-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html)

Pablo
11-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Way to completely avoid the topic and truth of it. May as well stick your fingers in your ears and cry out lalalalallallaalalal...

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2011/04/04/1226033/495491-boy-with-fingers-inb-ears.jpgThere is no truth here, other than you are a douche that thinks your opinion matters to Chiefs fans because you trailed a QB here like a lost puppy.

Nobody respects dual fans. Nobody give a shit about a guy that roots for SF/CHI/KC markets. It reeks of bandwagon douchiness and you definitely fit the description.

Fish

You guys cherry pick plays and say look he sucks and oh every QB have receivers drop passes. Well BULLSHIT, not one fucking receiver on the squad has made catches that I've seen other QB get the benefit of.

Cause if you are saying that AS has receivers making plays like Jordy Nelson or megatron you are fucking stoned.

You're not watching other games very much...

GoChargers
I don't act like a whiny child
ROFL

Sandy Vagina
11-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Niners/Cubs/Alex Smith douche.

And we should care about your opinion again, why?

So you rather waste your day verbally sparring with someone whose opinion you care nothing about? What does this say about you? You haven't put me on ignore AND you keep communicating with me... interesting.

... and no one really cares about anyone's opinion here... not to a level that matters in their every day life. It's not about who is giving the opinion... it's about the opinion itself. Stop personalizing everything and you won't be such a whiny bitch.

Pablo
11-21-2013, 11:39 AM
If you root for any other team than the Chiefs to win the Superbowl; then you are a garbage Chiefs "fan" and your opinion on our team and fans are useless.

That goes for all of your 49ers trolls that want to tell Chiefs fans, who have endured a miserable franchise their entire life how to feel about their team and QB. While you were cupping Montana and Steve Young's sacks.

Fuck off Niner scum.

TheUte
11-21-2013, 11:41 AM
You're not watching other games very much...

How so?

GoChargers
11-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Hilarious that a member of the fanbase that chanted for David Carr to replace Alice is now calling Chiefs fans "whiny pussies" for not wanting Alice as their quarterback.

duncan_idaho
11-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Your thoughts and opinions don't matter.

I also love comparing Tom Brady's career accuracy to Alex Smith's.

Alex Smith is completing 58 percent of his passes this year. His career completion percentage is 59 percent.

Brady is completing 58 percent of his passes this year. His career completion percentage is 63 percent.

Alex Smith's accuracy the past two years in San Francisco is an extreme outlier for the rest of his career.

Many of the Smith critics expressed doubt that his impressive accuracy numbers from 2011 and 2012 would hold up when asked to throw far more often. So far, that has been the case.

Sandy Vagina
11-21-2013, 11:42 AM
There is no truth here, other than you are a douche that thinks your opinion matters to Chiefs fans because you trailed a QB here like a lost puppy.

Nobody respects dual fans. Nobody give a shit about a guy that roots for SF/CHI/KC markets. It reeks of bandwagon douchiness and you definitely fit the description.

I was a fan of the Chiefs in the offseason while they were 0-0. KC and Cubs bandwagon? LOL! That's really impossible, stupid. Don't know why you would care anyway... you could like dressing up as a trans-testical and taking it up the ass with a wire brush... why should I care? Talk about football aspects, and then someone may give a shit... not about YOU... about the football aspect. :doh!:

Sandy Vagina
11-21-2013, 11:43 AM

Alex Smith is completing 58 percent of his passes this year. His career completion percentage is 59 percent.

Brady is completing 58 percent of his passes this year. His career completion percentage is 63 percent.

Alex Smith's accuracy the past two years in San Francisco is an extreme outlier for the rest of his career.

Many of the Smith critics expressed doubt that his impressive accuracy numbers from 2011 and 2012 would hold up when asked to throw far more often. So far, that has been the case.

Now we go back to CAREER %? That's deliberately obtuse. What's Alex's % over the last 3 years? That is what is relevant... and you ****ing know it. You can't weasel your way out of that point. Nice try though.

Sandy Vagina
11-21-2013, 11:44 AM
Hilarious that a member of the fanbase that chanted for David Carr to replace Alice is now calling Chiefs fans "whiny pussies" for not wanting Alice as their quarterback.

I never did that, and thought the SF fans that did were asshole potatoes. 4321

Hammock Parties
11-21-2013, 11:44 AM
What's relevant is that he is no longer being "hidden" in this offense, as he was in SF.

Thus, his completion percentage is dipping dramatically.

He can't hack it, buddy. He's a poverty QB.

Sandy Vagina
11-21-2013, 11:45 AM
If you root for any other team than the Chiefs to win the Superbowl; then you are a garbage Chiefs "fan" and your opinion on our team and fans are useless.

That goes for all of your 49ers trolls that want to tell Chiefs fans, who have endured a miserable franchise their entire life how to feel about their team and QB. While you were cupping Montana and Steve Young's sacks.

**** off Niner scum.

Nope. In truth, if KC and SF were to meet in the SB? I am a KC fan that day.

Pablo
Hilarious that a member of the fanbase that chanted for David Carr to replace Alice is now calling Chiefs fans "whiny pussies" for not wanting Alice as their quarterback.That's because Niners fans are stupid scum and their opinion on anything is not to be taken seriously.

GoChargers
Now we go back to CAREER %? That's deliberately obtuse. What's Alex's % over the last 3 years? That is what is relevant... and you ****ing know it. You can't weasel your way out of that point. Nice try though.

Translation: "Just ignore all the years when he sucked shit, those don't help my argument."

jd1020
11-21-2013, 11:46 AM

Nothing about 2011 and 2012 is relevant to the Chiefs you inbred motherfucker.

Fish
How so?

There are other teams with more drops than the Chiefs. Chiefs WRs aren't doing anything differently than any other team's WRs. If you watch lots of other games, you'd notice this.

Pablo
Nope. In truth, if KC and SF were to meet in the SB? I am a KC fan that day.Your stupid fucking avatar line says 49ers first, then Chiefs; and they're listed in your sig in the same fashion.

Goddamn moron.

Just put Alex Smith fan first, then the 49ers, then the Chiefs.

Nightfyre
11-21-2013, 11:47 AM
So when you can't argue the point and feel thoroughly owned, you just throw out a mindless one-liner like pack sand, and hope that it makes you look okay? Okay... got it.. well done.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hand-gestures/you-are-a-loser-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html)

What point did I even argue? I pointed out some self-righteous douchebag band-wagon fan and told you to pack sand. So at what point did you "own" me and with respect to what discussion point? All you are is a self-declared victor in a self-declared argument about a self-declared topic, apparently. Infallible in your own mind.

Pablo
Nothing about 2011 and 2012 is relevant to the Chiefs you inbred motherfucker.LMAO

A true mouthbreather, this one.

GoChargers
Nope. In truth, if KC and SF were to meet in the SB? I am a KC fan that day.

Then you're one sorry excuse for a Whiners "fan."

Sandy Vagina
Translation: "Just ignore all the years when he sucked shit, those don't help my argument."

It's called a trend, stupid. Alex's accuracy has been good over the recent years... and has now dipped. Is this because he magically lost his accuracy? or is it because his OL is weak and the receivers sloppy?

Pablo
11-21-2013, 11:48 AM
It's called a trend, stupid. Alex's accuracy has been good over the recent years... and has now dipped. Is this because he magically lost his accuracy? or is it because his OL is weak and the receivers sloppy?It's because he's an aging, regressing QB that was average at best in his good years.

Can't expect you to see that with Smith seed stuck in your eye sockets.

Hammock Parties
11-21-2013, 11:49 AM
It's called a trend, stupid. Alex's accuracy has been good over the recent years... and has now dipped. Is this because he magically lost his accuracy? or is it because his OL is weak and the receivers sloppy?

It's because he's throwing the ball more.

26.52 attempts per game under Harbaugh.

36 attempts per game under Reid.

He is being EXPOSED as a FRAUD.

Sandy Vagina
Then you're one sorry excuse for a Whiners "fan."

Call it what you want. I am a fan of whatever the hell I want to be, and answer to no one on that. If those 2 meet in the SB? I want KC to win. If SF meets anyone else but KC in the SB, then I want SF to win. That's how it is... and I care not at all if you have a problem with this.

duncan_idaho

He's a really accurate guy! Two years out of 9 in his career, he was really accurate!

SAUTO

this, you summed it up perfectly.

Nightfyre

It's probably because he doesn't have an all-pro supporting cast to drag down to mediocrity. Seriously, the niners offensive linemen and skill position players are off the chain. How did he manage to suck the production out of that unit?

GoChargers
11-21-2013, 11:50 AM

Or, most likely, he's regressing to his career mean.

Good QB's still get it done even with sub-optimal O-line play and sloppy WR's.

SAUTO
11-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Exactly. This needs to be repeated. This is exactly why nobody says much about Peyton Manning passes being dropped. Even though Manning's receivers have dropped more than Alex Smith's receivers. With good QBs, a drop is essentially inconsequential. When you have Alex Smith, one dropped pass feels like the end of the world because everyone watching knows that it likely won't be attempted again.

So then we dissect it and post gifs and argue and make excuses both ways and assign blame. Because there's so few of these passes, we think up reasoning for it like Alex not trusting the WRs, or the playcalling being overly conservative. We get to the chicken or the egg conundrum. When in reality, our WRs don't really drop it any more than any other teams. We just throw downfield so little that we place infinitely more importance on it than other fans have to.

sorry but the niners fans say we aren't allowed to bring up any good qb when discussing alex smith.

post reported

GoChargers
11-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Call it what you want. I am a fan of whatever the hell I want to be, and answer to no one on that.
That's fine, but then you can't turn around and lecture others on how to root for their team.

Jakemall
11-21-2013, 11:52 AM
What point did I even argue? I pointed out some self-righteous douchebag band-wagon fan and told you to pack sand. So at what point did you "own" me and with respect to what discussion point? All you are is a self-declared victor in a self-declared argument about a self-declared topic, apparently. Infallible in your own mind.

Don't think you can call jumping on board with a 2-14 team bandwagoning. Not like everyone or anyone other than Alex fans were rushing over here.

duncan_idaho
11-21-2013, 11:53 AM
It's because he's throwing the ball more.

26.52 attempts per game under Harbaugh.

36 attempts per game under Reid.

He is being EXPOSED as a FRAUD.

If only someone had analyzed things and expressed concerns about his ability to be that efficient when throwing more often in Andy Reid's system... we all wouldn't have been SO blindsided!

jd1020
11-21-2013, 11:53 AM
Don't think you can call jumping on board with a 2-14 team bandwagoning. Not like everyone or anyone other than Alex fans were rushing over here.

Who said they jumped on the bandwagon of a team?

I haven't seen the wave of Donnie Avery fans, but maybe I missed it.

Jakemall
11-21-2013, 11:54 AM
Who said they jumped on the bandwagon of a team?

So what "bandwagon" are you suggesting he jumped on? He's always been an Alex fan...

SAUTO
11-21-2013, 11:55 AM
He's a really accurate guy! Two years out of 9 in his career, he was really accurate!

sorry niners fans have said we can only use the last two years in sf to judge smith on.

post reported

jd1020
11-21-2013, 11:55 AM
So what "bandwagon" are you suggesting he jumped on? He's always been an Alex fan...

Alex didn't exist at some point. So obviously he backed his ass up on that wagon, he's just never gotten off and is spreading his dumbassery like a fucking plague.

Hammock Parties
11-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Let's take a look at all the games in which Alex threw the ball 35 or more times.

http://i.imgur.com/4OaIQQZ.jpg

How many completion percentages above 60 do you see?

Seven.

How many below?

FIFTEEN.

Now, put it together...why is he dipping this year?

Hmmmm...

SAUTO
11-21-2013, 11:57 AM

when are you potatoes going to get it?

ask any niners fan, you CAN NOT use a good qb when comparing alex smith to someone.

post reported new rule infraction

Nightfyre
11-21-2013, 11:59 AM

It was meant as a joke, of course, NINERS FANS WOULDN'T GET THAT JOKE NOW WOULD THEY? I mean, what Chiefs fan could possibly be optimistic after having been kicked in the balls for their entire fanhood?

Plus, I am not going to shed tears for a guy named "TheUte" who joined as Smith/Chiefs rumors swirled and decided he wanted to follow the Chiefs again only after Smith was traded to them. Or are you saying, I should give a guy who joined the board in Feb/2013 the benefit of the doubt? See, that's another joke, because you joined in Feb/2013.

SAUTO
11-21-2013, 12:01 PM
It was meant as a joke, of course, NINERS FANS WOULDN'T GET THAT JOKE NOW WOULD THEY? I mean, what Chiefs fan could possibly be optimistic after having been kicked in the balls for their entire fanhood?

Plus, I am not going to shed tears for a guy named "TheUte" who joined as Smith/Chiefs rumors swirled and decided he wanted to follow the Chiefs again only after Smith was traded to them. Or are you saying, I should give a guy who joined the board in Feb/2013 the benefit of the doubt?

come on man he has obviously been a chiefs fan for years.

just like mac niners chiefs. he even uses "we" when discussion our team.

post reported

SAUTO
11-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Let's take a look at all the games in which Alex threw the ball 35 or more times.

http://i.imgur.com/4OaIQQZ.jpg

How many completion percentages above 60 do you see?

Seven.

How many below?

FIFTEEN.

Now, put it together...why is he dipping this year?

Hmmmm...

you cant use these stats, they don't paint smith in a good light.

niners fans say... "POST REPORTED"

Sandy Vagina
11-21-2013, 12:04 PM

Plus, I am not going to shed tears for a guy named "TheUte" who joined as Smith/Chiefs rumors swirled and decided he wanted to follow the Chiefs again only after Smith was traded to them. Or are you saying, I should give a guy who joined the board in Feb/2013 the benefit of the doubt?

Nobody gives a shit what you shed or what you give. Who the **** are you? Who the **** are any of us? Bottom line is, the only thing remotely interesting are opinions, and even that is of seldom interest.

Say something interesting about football... all this yippity yap about you or me or him or her is useless. No one really cares. If people could get that into their heads, then actual conversation would be possible. Don't care what color you are, where you are from, what teams you like, what panties you where... just the **** up about that crap and talk football, or you waste everyone's time with childish mud-slinging.

ChiefsCountry
11-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Here is Alex Smith's career in San Fran throwing the ball 35 or more times
364/641
23/40 per game average
57.5%
20 TDs
19 Ints
71.4 QB Rating
5.7 Yards Per Attempt
4.9 Yards Per Completion

Alex Smith in Kansas City so far
21/36 per game
58.1%
11 TDs
4 Ints
80.9 QB Rating
6.0 yards per attempt
10.3 yards per completion

Pretty damn close numbers expect for interceptions and yards per completion. The rest he is the same.

Nightfyre
11-21-2013, 12:07 PM
Nobody gives a shit what you shed or what you give. Who the **** are you? Who the **** are any of us? Bottom line is, the only thing remotely interesting are opinions, and even that is of seldom interest.

Say something interesting about football... all this yippity yap about you or me or him or her is useless. No one really cares. If people could get that into their heads, then actual conversation would be possible. Don't care what color you are, where you are from, what teams you like, what panties you where... just the **** up about that crap and talk football, or you waste everyone's time with childish mud-slinging.

Child please - this is Chiefsplanet. It existed long before you were here and has a strong history of mudslinging. Football discussions can take a backseat to the more pressing issue of what dumbasses you Smith fans must be. I mean, you didn't get enough of his perpetual mediocrity in SF so you had to follow him to the Chiefs? What gives? I would be thrilled if the Chiefs could get two second round picks for Smith at the end of the year.

jd1020
11-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Child please - this is Chiefsplanet. It existed long before you were here and has a strong history of mudslinging. Football discussions can take a backseat to the more pressing issue of what dumbasses you Smith fans must be. I mean, you didn't get enough of his perpetual mediocrity in SF so you had to follow him to the Chiefs? What gives? I would be thrilled if the Chiefs could get two second round picks for Smith at the end of the year.

I'd be thrilled if we could get just 1 second, maybe even just a 3rd, for Smith.

Just get him off the ****ing team so we don't have to waste more time on a lost cause.

Unfortunately its the Chiefs, so he'll likely get extended and while hopelessly watching plan A fail with plan B never even entering the conversation it will be rebuilding time in 4 years. Whats the available backup QB pool look like in 2018?

GoChargers
11-21-2013, 12:09 PM

Hypocrite. You just got done calling Chiefs fans "pussies" for not licking Alice Smiff's balls, and now you want to whine about "childish mud-slinging."

You have yet to post an interesting football take in all the time you've been here. You do nothing but switch between deflecting any blame from Alice and criticizing others' fandom. Take your own advice or shut up already.

TheUte
11-21-2013, 12:10 PM

Plus, I am not going to shed tears for a guy named "TheUte" who joined as Smith/Chiefs rumors swirled and decided he wanted to follow the Chiefs again only after Smith was traded to them. Or are you saying, I should give a guy who joined the board in Feb/2013 the benefit of the doubt? See, that's another joke, because you joined in Feb/2013.

Holy fuck, where to begin.

I'm really sorry that I haven't been around long enough.

I really can't tell you how much your words hurt me.

LMAO

Suck it up cupcake! it'll get better.

Nightfyre
11-21-2013, 12:12 PM
Holy ****, where to begin.

LMAO

God knows if it gets worse, you probably won't be around, so I guess either way, it gets better.

TheUte
11-21-2013, 12:17 PM
oh I like said I'm an optimist.

I have several bets that the Chiefs win the next game with the donkeys.

and if we lose because of AS I he get cut/traded.

I just don't think he is the reason we lost sunday.

Sandy Vagina
11-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Hypocrite. You just got done calling Chiefs fans "pussies" for not licking Alice Smiff's balls, and now you want to whine about "childish mud-slinging."

You have yet to post an interesting football take in all the time you've been here. You do nothing but switch between deflecting any blame from Alice and criticizing others' fandom. Take your own advice or shut up already.

That's not at all true, but you will think what you must to justify what you must. I always talk football until some whiny bitch shoots their mouth off about me rather than the topic at hand. Not my fault that most CP-ers can't stay on topic instead of exposing their childish and rude nature. Chicken or the egg.. cause and effect... get it how ya live...

bevischief
11-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Wow the butthurt is strong in this thread.

Nightfyre
11-21-2013, 12:23 PM
What is there left to be said about Alexcuses that hasn't already been said?

jd1020
11-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Wow the butthurt is strong in this thread.

My butt is no longer hurting.

It's simply numb.

Rausch
11-21-2013, 12:24 PM

True that.

You have yet to post an interesting football take in all the time you've been here.

That's flat out dumbassery.

I may not agree with Clay-Darth-Pioli-PFF-than but he contributes.

Sorter
11-21-2013, 12:25 PM
oh I like said I'm an optimist.

I have several bets that the Chiefs win the next game with the donkeys.

and if we lose because of AS I he get cut/traded.

I just don't think he is the reason we lost sunday.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37427288.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-21-2013, 12:26 PM
When receivers on the Packers or Saints drop a ball you think "that sucks, they blew an opportunity, but will make that throw again."

When a KC receiver drops a ball you think [B]"Oh crap, that was our one downfield shot this game and we blew it. Game over."

Exactly. NO room for error and ALL opportunities must come up roses, or we're fucked.

It's a horrible, horrible way to predicate an offense.

But, but..."who was available"?

Answer:

Pick someone. Pick anyone but Cassel because the team had no faith in him, and roll with that guy for a season.
Same fucking results offensively.

TheUte
11-21-2013, 12:27 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37427288.jpg

haha, If we lose because of AS I hope he gets cut/traded.

duncan_idaho
11-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Holy ****, where to begin.

LMAO

What are you basing the idea that it will get better on?

All indications are that this is who Alex Smith is. There's no reason - other than blind faith/hope - to believe Alex Smith can break career trends when asked to throw this often, in this style of offense.

jd1020
11-21-2013, 12:28 PM

Alex will never be the reason the Chiefs lose, because it will be a certain catch that didn't miraculously wind up in the hands of a receiver, or Charles couldn't get a running game going, or a couple whiffs on blocking leading to sacks, or the defense not holding the opposing team to 3 points, or the refs "not being fair."

Take your pick.

GoChargers
11-21-2013, 12:29 PM
I may not agree with Clay-Darth-Pioli-PFF-than but he contributes.

I seriously don't remember a post of Mac's that I've learned anything interesting from. Of course, throwing the WR's and O-line under the bus to prop up Alice doesn't interest me.

Sorter
11-21-2013, 12:29 PM

Seems rash to make a decision based on one game without giving any context as to how the loss occurred.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Alex will never be the reason the Chiefs lose, because it will be a certain catch that didn't miraculously wind up in the hands of a receiver, or a couple whiffs on blocking, or the refs "not being fair."

Take your pick.

It's just the first season. He'll be Trent Green next year!/CP Casshole-Axl's

Jakemall
11-21-2013, 12:31 PM

I wouldn't expect Alex to stand up statisically with Brady. Brady will be going to the Hall of fame. I think Alex can be a good QB, but I don't forsee his ever becoming a great QB.

With that said, do you really think that the 49ers OL and WRs were anywhere near as talented as the Pats other than in 2011 and 2012 for the duration of Alex's career?

Edit: you're correct about the last 2 seasons being an outlier. Where we might disagree is the reason why.

jd1020
11-21-2013, 12:33 PM
I wouldn't expect Alex to stand up statisically with Brady. Brady will be going to the Hall of fame. I think Alex can be a good QB, but I don't forsee his ever becoming a great QB.

With that said, do you really think that the 49ers OL and WRs were anywhere near as talented as the Pats other than in 2011 and 2012 for the duration of Alex's career?

I'm not sure the Patriots win a SB without Deion Branch.

Rausch
11-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Seems rash to make a decision based on one game without giving any context as to how the loss occurred.

I'm pretty ok with cutting/trading him now...

Jakemall
11-21-2013, 12:36 PM

Gotta watch out for Sorter...he just sits and waits for people to make a mistake or spout something out their ass so he can swoop in like a hawk. ROFL

SAUTO
11-21-2013, 12:36 PM

and the year brady was hurt cassel took like 50 sacks.

their line and wrs have sucked for years

TheUte
11-21-2013, 12:37 PM

Well context is everything right.

I mean if we lose out and it's because AS is throwing int's or in some other way is clearly the only problem.

All I started out saying was the offense can improve for sure, Smith first.

But the entire offense needs improve a ton.

I also maintain that Avery's drop was big, I think plays like that are game changers. Even if they only score a FG it still a score and not a 3 and out.

Jakemall
11-21-2013, 12:37 PM
I'm pretty ok with cutting/trading him now...

Good luck with Chase. :LOL:

jd1020
11-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Randy Moss was such a dynamic player in Oakland before he was kind enough to brace Brady with his presence.

Jakemall
11-21-2013, 12:39 PM

As opposed to Arnaz Battle?

Mr. Laz
11-21-2013, 12:40 PM
What are you basing the idea that it will get better on?

All indications are that this is who Alex Smith is. There's no reason - other than blind faith/hope - to believe Alex Smith can break career trends when asked to throw this often, in this style of offense.
Alex Smith had 45 pass attempts against Dungver and didn't turn it over or implode. If our WRs could catch the dam ball his numbers would have been very similar to Manning's.

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS Rush Yards
A. Smith 21/45 230 5.1 2 0 3-30 5 52

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Good luck with Chase. :LOL:

Mmm...interesting. You truly believe Chase was brought here to play football.

Ha.

Jakemall
11-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Mmm...interesting. You truly believe Chase was brought here to play football.

Ha.

I think if Alex went down, that's who'd take over. I don't think Bray is ready and would not be given the nod despite his arm.

TheUte
11-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Alex Smith had 45 pass attempts against Dungver and didn't turn it over or implode. If our WRs could catch the dam ball his numbers would have been very similar to Manning's.

Why is this somehow blasphemy?

Rausch
11-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Gotta watch out for Sorter...he just sits and waits for people to make a mistake or spout something out their ass so he can swoop in like a hawk. ROFL

I'm a retired grammar Nazi.

He's an in-his-prime continuing student of the game.

The level of avarice in his posts is relative to his knowledge and that you've already fallen beyond the event horizon of the argument and deserve the bowels of the pitcher plant...

jd1020
11-21-2013, 12:44 PM

Manning was fortunate enough to have had none of his passes dropped.

Jakemall
11-21-2013, 12:47 PM
I'm a retired grammar Nazi.

He's an in-his-prime continuing student of the game.

The level of avarice in his posts is relative to his knowledge and that you've already fallen beyond the event horizon of the argument and deserve the bowels of the pitcher plant...

Well he used to slam me constantly when I first arrived. He rarely comments now. I suppose I've either been upgraded to irrelevant or downgraded to unsalvageable.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-21-2013, 12:57 PM
I think if Alex went down, that's who'd take over. I don't think Bray is ready and would not be given the nod despite his arm.

Oh he'd take over, alright. For about 1 to 2 quarters.

IF...the fates were with him.

Mav
11-21-2013, 01:03 PM

That's where we disagree. I believe that if Alex Smith were to go down with something significant, there would be a real chance that you would see Bray sooner than later.

Rausch
11-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Well he used to slam me constantly when I first arrived. He rarely comments now. I suppose I've either been upgraded to irrelevant or downgraded to unsalvageable.

Odds are you suck less now.

Jakemall
11-21-2013, 01:14 PM
That's where we disagree. I believe that if Alex Smith were to go down with something significant, there would be a real chance that you would see Bray sooner than later.

Yes, a real chance if Chase makes Alex look like a HOFer. But he'd get the nod first.

Jakemall
11-21-2013, 01:14 PM
Odds are you suck less now.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :thumb:

mschiefs1984
11-21-2013, 03:44 PM

BUT BUT BUT

We all know it's Alex's fault his Wrs can't catch the freaking ball

duncan_idaho
11-21-2013, 04:03 PM

Even with another 100 yards added (not sure the dropped passes add up to that much, to be honest) that's still a YPA of 7.3. Not as unacceptable. It's OK. But that exceptional.

And that would probably easily be his best game as a Chief so far.

Bigger point is that if you look at the whole sample size, Alex Smith's 2013 season performance is right in line with what he has done in his career when asked to throw as often as the Chiefs are asking him to throw.

TheUte
11-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Even with another 100 yards added (not sure the dropped passes add up to that much, to be honest) that's still a YPA of 7.3. Not as unacceptable. It's OK. But that exceptional.

Bigger point is that if you look at the whole sample size, Alex Smith's 2013 season performance is right in line with what he has done in his career when asked to throw as often as the Chiefs are asking him to throw.

Isn't the bigger point winning?

Fish
11-21-2013, 04:14 PM

In the same sense that the point of plumbing is transporting water to your house. But if you turned on the faucet and brown shit water came out, the end result isn't enough to overlook the minor flaw in the system.

duncan_idaho
11-21-2013, 04:17 PM

The biggest point is winning in the playoffs.

This offense isn't constructed to do that. Part of the blame lies with Alex Smith.

TheUte
11-21-2013, 04:26 PM

This offense isn't constructed to do that. Part of the blame lies with Alex Smith.

Absolutely it lies with AS. But I really couldn't give a shit about stats.

Mr. Laz
11-21-2013, 04:30 PM

manning only threw for 8.1 ypa against us

duncan_idaho
11-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Absolutely it lies with AS. But I really couldn't give a shit about stats.

Stats matter when they indicate future performances.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-21-2013, 04:34 PM

So the Chiefs already lost in the playoffs? I guess we better tell the players.

duncan_idaho
11-21-2013, 04:37 PM
manning only threw for 8.1 ypa against us

And what would it be if you included dropped passes as catches and added those yards, like we're doing for Alex Smith?

There's also the small difference between facing the Chiefs defense and the Champ Bailey-less Broncos defense.

Still just a one-game sample, too. Doesn't erase a career's worth of "meh."

duncan_idaho
11-21-2013, 04:39 PM

They have a chance to win a few games in Arrowhead, if they can get homefield advantage. Otherwise? Pretty unlikely.

We'll know a lot more after the next two weeks. If Denver gets through that stretch 1-1, I don't see the Chiefs catching them for the division title.

Easy 6
11-21-2013, 04:41 PM

Truth... i hope and pine for the day that kid not only sticks here but actually becomes a contender for #1.

But theres just no chance he gets the nod over Daniel, particularly this year... they paid too much for the guy to not want to see what he's got.

The kids a pure project this year and next, barring something bizarre.

suds79
11-21-2013, 04:43 PM
Truth... i hope and pine for the day that kid not only sticks here but actually becomes a contender for #1.

But theres just no chance he gets the nod over Daniel, particularly this year... they paid too much for the guy to not want to see what he's got.

The kids a pure project this year and next, barring something bizarre.

And it's for that reason they have to hedge their bets and draft one high next year regardless. Even if they like Bray long term.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-21-2013, 04:46 PM

You can tell half of them.

mschiefs1984
11-21-2013, 05:45 PM

Of course not football isn't about winning it's about yards,YPA,YPC,YAC yards don't you know that

Nightfyre
11-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Football is about winning championships. Alex Smith will not win us a championship. I want a QB who can.

Mr. Laz
11-21-2013, 05:54 PM
And what would it be if you included dropped passes as catches and added those yards, like we're doing for Alex Smith?

There's also the small difference between facing the Chiefs defense and the Champ Bailey-less Broncos defense.

Still just a one-game sample, too. Doesn't erase a career's worth of "meh."
lol ... now you're just grasping for straws.

1. we add drops for Smith because it was a big problem in the game.

2. drops add directly to the discussed completion %

3. i didn't notice a big problem with drops for Denver

You don't like Alex Smith ... fine.

Just don't pull stuff out of your ass to try and make it seem like a black and white situation.

Jakemall
11-21-2013, 06:17 PM
Football is about winning championships. Alex Smith will not win us a championship. I want a QB who can.

Do you mean that this team can not win a championship with Alex or that Alex can not win a championship for this team?

GordonGekko
11-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Do you mean that this team can not win a championship with Alex or that Alex can not win a championship for this team?

I think he means with Alex at the helm, this team pretty much cannot compete for a championship once in the playoffs. No way an Alex Smith led team can win 3 - 4 games in a row against teams with far superior QB's (at least the odds would be very low, < 5%)... With Alex Smith, the points are just not going to ****ing be there, and the defense will not be able to drown out opposing offenses of good teams for 3 - 4 games. AS makes us not competitive in this regard, and your proof is pretty much every fucking game we've played this season.

Nightfyre
11-21-2013, 06:27 PM

I mean that when we need a QB who can take the team down the field and put it in the endzone, Alex Smith is not that guy. You need that guy to make it to the dance.

Bearcat
11-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Sweet, a new topic!

Jakemall
11-21-2013, 06:49 PM
I think he means with Alex at the helm, this team pretty much cannot compete for a championship once in the playoffs. No way an Alex Smith led team can win 3 - 4 games in a row against teams with far superior QB's (at least the odds would be very low, < 5%)... With Alex Smith, the points are just not going to ****ing be there, and the defense will not be able to drown out opposing offenses of good teams for 3 - 4 games. AS makes us not competitive in this regard, and your proof is pretty much every ****ing game we've played this season.

Dilfer did it with the Ravens and Alex is far better than he was. The offense certainly had struggles with getting down the field but the season isn't over. We will see if that improves.

Hammock Parties
11-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Dilfer did it with the Ravens and Alex is far better than he was.

This defense isn't that good.

And we don't have a 2,000-yard rusher.

You need to give up on the pipe dream. We're going down hard in the wild-card round.

GordonGekko
11-21-2013, 06:54 PM

Boom!

It's like some people will just go to any depth of denial purposefully to avoid seeing AS for what he really is.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-21-2013, 06:54 PM

You need to give up on the pipe dream. We're going down hard in the wild-card round.

Your dumbass does know Jamel Lewis only had 1364 yards right?

Hammock Parties
11-21-2013, 06:59 PM
Your dumbass does know Jamel Lewis only had 1364 yards right?

Sorry, wrong year.

But the Ravens did have the #5 running game.

We don't have that luxury.

Hammock Parties
11-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Also, interesting note that is lol:

2000 Ravens: 10.8 YPC, 6.2 YPA
2013 Chiefs: 10.3 YPC, 6.0 YPA

The hits just keep on coming!

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Sorry, wrong year.

But the Ravens did have the #5 running game.

We don't have that luxury.

Did you really think the Ravens would win it all last year? Anything can happen when you get in the dance.

OnTheWarpath15
11-21-2013, 07:04 PM
Alex is far better than Dilfer was? Are you sure?

Other than INT's, the Dilfer 2000/Smith 2013 statistics are damn similar when extrapolated out for an entire season.

Alex wins the yardage battle by 420, but does so with 124 more attempts.

Dilfer's completion percentage is fractionally better. 59/58%

Dilfer throws 6 more TD's, again with 120 fewer attempts.

YPA - Dilfer, 6.6 / Smith 6.0

Not sure how Smith is "far better" than Dilfer, when they have similar stats while Alex plays in a pass-first offense, in a QB dominated, passing league - while Dilfer played on a run first team in a league still ruled by defenses.

Hammock Parties
11-21-2013, 07:05 PM
There is a huge difference in passing games 13 years ago, too.

Bearcat
11-21-2013, 07:07 PM
If only someone had thought about bringing up the 2000 Ravens several months ago, we could have put this thread to rest.

OnTheWarpath15
11-21-2013, 07:08 PM
If only someone had thought about bringing up the 2000 Ravens several months ago, we could have put this thread to rest.

LMAO

Nightfyre
11-21-2013, 07:08 PM
I already posted dead horse beating gifs, including one featuring rain man. I don't know what more you want from me Bearcat. I can't arrest this madness.

GordonGekko
11-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Did you really think the Ravens would win it all last year? Anything can happen when you get in the dance.

True, but the odds of an Alex Smith led team winning 3-4 games in a row in the playoffs is statistically very, very low. An Alex Smith led team puts way too much pressure on the defense and special teams to win the game and it is really hard to picture a team winning a Superbowl with a non-functional offense (although statistically it can happen as you point out).

Hammock Parties
11-21-2013, 07:09 PM

Based on the fact they were a 12-4 team that was a dropped pass away from the Super Bowl the previous year, yes.

Flacco had shown he could step up in playoff games.

Flacco was 3rd in deep completions, too.

Flacco > Alex

Bearcat
11-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Since that's settled, let's talk about that Saints game!

GordonGekko
11-21-2013, 07:11 PM

Trent Dilfer is the Alex Smith lovers' last line of defense. You know you have them desperate and pitiful when they bring him up.

Bearcat
11-21-2013, 07:15 PM
This is the house from that SI cover in the OP...

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/176-N-Beacon-St-Hartford-CT-06105/58141413_zpid/

Thoughts?

GoChargers
11-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Dilfer did it with the Ravens

:facepalm:

For the millionth time, the league has changed radically since then. More than ever, it's a quarterback league now.

TheUte
11-21-2013, 07:42 PM
How come Rivers has never won?

Hammock Parties
11-21-2013, 07:45 PM

Poverty coaching and absolutely terrible management.

GoChargers
"Quarterback league" =/= "every quarterback with a pulse wins a Lombardi."

SAUTO
Alex is far better than Dilfer was? Are you sure?

Other than INT's, the Dilfer 2000/Smith 2013 statistics are damn similar when extrapolated out for an entire season.

Alex wins the yardage battle by 420, but does so with 124 more attempts.

Dilfer's completion percentage is fractionally better. 59/58%

Dilfer throws 6 more TD's, again with 120 fewer attempts.

YPA - Dilfer, 6.6 / Smith 6.0

Not sure how Smith is "far better" than Dilfer, when they have similar stats while Alex plays in a pass-first offense, in a QB dominated, passing league - while Dilfer played on a run first team in a league still ruled by defenses.
no disparaging Smith. Niners fans rules....

Post reported
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
11-21-2013, 07:46 PM

Mental fortitude
Posted via Mobile Device

Bearcat
Seems like a nice neighborhood, but not sure I'd spend over half a million on it... :shrug:

SAUTO
Actually lack thereof
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
11-21-2013, 07:48 PM
no disparaging Smith. Niners fans rules....

Post reported
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

2010 wasn't that long ago.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eKgPY1adc0A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheUte
11-21-2013, 07:48 PM
"Quarterback league" =/= "every quarterback with a pulse wins a Lombardi."

I don't understand are you saying that Rivers is not that good, barely has a pulse???

GordonGekko
11-21-2013, 07:49 PM
I don't understand are you saying that Rivers is not that good, barely has a pulse???

No, are you special needs?

GoChargers
11-21-2013, 07:50 PM

Learn to read.

Bearcat
11-21-2013, 07:50 PM
It's just strange that it went for that price with other houses around it going for half that, and in this economy? There must be something more to the story.

OnTheWarpath15
11-21-2013, 07:53 PM
It's just strange that it went for that price with other houses around it going for half that, and in this economy? There must be something more to the story.

I missed something, what's the deal with this house?

GordonGekko
11-21-2013, 07:54 PM

Dilfer leases it out to AS, duh.

SAUTO
11-21-2013, 07:55 PM
LMAO

2010 wasn't that long ago.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eKgPY1adc0A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> I prefer to act as though I never posted during the Cassel years
Posted via Mobile Device

Bearcat
11-21-2013, 07:58 PM

It's the address in the SI photo of the OP.

You've never wondered about it? It's the most interesting thing in this thread right now.

I went to Hartford for a few days for work once and it seemed nice, but for that money, I'd rather live in Manhattan with a few roommates or something.

OnTheWarpath15
11-21-2013, 08:01 PM
It's the address in the SI photo of the OP.

You've never wondered about it? It's the most interesting thing in this thread right now.

I went to Hartford for a few days for work once and it seemed nice, but for that money, I'd rather live in Manhattan with a few roommates or something.

ROFL

Never even noticed it.

Hammock Parties
11-21-2013, 08:04 PM

The magazine in the first post has an address on it.

Bearcat
11-21-2013, 08:10 PM
ROFL

Never even noticed it.

It's walking distance to a big park and UConn Law School, and pretty close to central Hartford and several golf courses... and it's a pretty nice looking house, which of course it should be for $570,000. It was sold 2 years earlier for $290,000.... talk about a flip. :eek:

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/bearcat2002/Screenshotfrom2013-11-21200621_zpse4aeb03b.png

OnTheWarpath15
11-21-2013, 08:16 PM
It's walking distance to a big park and UConn Law School, and pretty close to central Hartford and several golf courses... and it's a pretty nice looking house, which of course it should be for $570,000. It was sold 2 years earlier for $290,000.... talk about a flip. :eek:

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/bearcat2002/Screenshotfrom2013-11-21200621_zpse4aeb03b.png

I misread the Zillow then - I thought it sold for $570k back in 2011 and they estimate the current value at $290k now.

Bearcat
11-21-2013, 08:22 PM
I misread the Zillow then - I thought it sold for $570k back in 2011 and they estimate the current value at $290k now.

Yeah, the estimate is $250, then there's the price history...

Price History
Date Description Price Change $/sqft Source
03/09/2011 Sold $570,000 -4.8% $121 Public Record
03/05/2011 Listing removed $599,000 -- $127 Keller Williams Realty
11/25/2010 Price change $599,000 -4.8% $127 Keller Williams Realty
09/29/2010 Listed for sale $629,000 117% $134 300 PLUS LLC; 400 PLUS LLC; 500 PLUS LLC
11/16/2009 Sold $290,000 31.8% $61 Public Record
02/18/2009 Sold: Foreclosed to lender -- -- $0 Public Record
06/28/1996 Sold $220,000 -- $47 Public Record

I wonder how many subscriptions to SI you could buy with $570,000.

Kaepernick
11-21-2013, 09:12 PM

The LB 10 yards from Bowe, who BARELY puts his fingers on the ball.

I did you a favor. I made you an appointment for Monday at the eye doctor for a new set of glasses.

You have the vision of an NFL Referee.

Kaepernick
11-21-2013, 09:18 PM
There is no 'we' here. You're a fan of a single guy on a team. You're a scum 49ers fan first and foremost; and want to act like you're on our side because you slurp Alex.

PWNED

Kaepernick
11-21-2013, 09:24 PM

Yes.

Nope.

There is no reason you can't win a Super Bowl with Alex Smith as your team's quarterback. He is better than Dilfer ever was. It is not likely that the Chiefs offense can score enough points to best a Super Bowl opponent, but it certainly is possible if your Defense plays well enough.

Kaepernick
11-21-2013, 09:30 PM
ROFL

Comedy gold.

Bearcat
11-21-2013, 09:32 PM
Please post your thoughts on the house when you get to that point in the thread, kthxbye.