PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Jakemall
08-22-2013, 11:57 AM
this is a fascinating discussion about this one preseason play.

LOL...desperate times.

I think everyone is having football withdrawls.

Sorter
08-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Would have been wise to throw it in the stands beyond Bowe instead, yes.

Bowe was clearly his first read.. and Alex reads defenses pre-snap to decide where the ball should go. I think the surprise was.. the CB in that case almost always backpedals.. the SS blitzes.. the ILB clearly wasn't sprinting out to fill the underneath zone... so the CB is expected to backpedal as the last line of defense... but the CB stayed put.

That's not accurate at all. Plenty of teams utilize the defensive concept in the .gif, which is a FZ featuring a "Cloud" look, which requires that the open corner is playing trap force (essentially C2 base) and your safety and far-side corner are responsible for 1/2 each. It's a fairly common concept you'll see throughout the NFL and with college teams.

This can be remedied by gameplanning and isn't something to be exceptionally worried about yet.

Sorter
08-22-2013, 12:03 PM
It wasn't surprising at all to be honest. Just as I thought the Saints game plan was to take away anything deep, clearly the 49ers plan was to pressure Alex Smith relentlessly, and to take away the short stuff and challenge him to go long.

Now, with that being said, we don't know what audibles are in, or if there were any as they said they didn't game plan for this. We don't know what the option routes were incase of bump coverage, but what was sure is that on that play there were 4 short routes ran, and the 49ers sat on all of them.

one would hope that if it were a regular season game that Bowe would of had the option to go deeper with his route, and that alex would of lobbed it up to him in that situation especially with the safety on a blitz.....

To clarify, it wasn't gameplanning but rather getting reps out of some of their first installs, which for Rex/Rob/Sutton use a lot of quarters and c6 looks out of certain "base" fronts.

Sandy Vagina
08-22-2013, 12:07 PM
That's not accurate at all. Plenty of teams utilize the defensive concept in the .gif, which is a FZ featuring a "Cloud" look, which requires that the open corner is playing trap force (essentially C2 base) and your safety and far-side corner are responsible for 1/2 each. It's a fairly common concept you'll see throughout the NFL and with college teams.

This can be remedied by gameplanning and isn't something to be exceptionally worried about yet.

Ah, I didn't realize that the other safety must be off the screen playing very deep and coming over the middle.

Mav
08-22-2013, 12:49 PM
To clarify, it wasn't gameplanning but rather getting reps out of some of their first installs, which for Rex/Rob/Sutton use a lot of quarters and c6 looks out of certain "base" fronts.

I agree. But, they played that one look all game. They left the flats and deep open all game. That's all I was saying. that was the plan.....

Tribal Warfare
08-22-2013, 02:17 PM
Sapp and Irvin: Alex Smith is a game manager (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000228917/Will-Reid-and-Smith-work)

ptlyon
08-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Sapp and Irvin: Alex Smith is a game manager (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000228917/Will-Reid-and-Smith-work)

So was Herm Edwards

Ming the Merciless
08-22-2013, 02:24 PM

No he isn't!! He is more than that!!!

/cp "experts"

DJ's left nut
08-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Yup. Especially with that safety blitzing.

Y'know what - I didn't even notice the safety.

I think that's what did it. He looks like maybe he was about to come off Bowe and then he saw the blitzer.

Cardinal rule of Quarterbacking - you don't stare at the rush. It looks to me like the blitzing safety suddenly caught his attention and by the time he was able to diagnose and re-calibrate, he was hung up on Bowe.

It's not an excuse because he shouldn't have allowed the safety to distract him, but it sure looks like he had the effect. (EDIT: Yup, that sure looks to be exactly what happened, he just picked up on the safety blitz until he started to unload, then he saw the guy and appears to have panicked a bit; goes back to his tag as a guy that won't improvise).

It's not a great thing, but I like that better than "well I guess he just told his progressions to fuck off...."

There does seem to be a reason for it and when you can find a discernible reason, than you can also address it. Next time, don't stare at the rush, Alex.

DJ's left nut
08-22-2013, 02:38 PM

Well duh.

The problem was the tendency to use 'game manager' to describe shitty quarterbacks like Matt Cassel and Mark Sanchez.

Matt Schaub is a game manager. Andy Dalton and Sam Bradford are game managers. Matt Ryan was a game manager before he was given 2 All-Pro WRs and an All-Pro TE.

Game managers have won a shitload of games in this league and even a few championships. They're not the worst thing in the world, though clearly not ideal.

The problem is that it became a pejorative term after idiot front office types like Rex Ryan and Scott Pioli tried to find a label to apply to their quarterback that was significantly more media friendly than "really shitty".

Bad quarterbacks aren't game managers - they're just bad quarterbacks. Alex Smith isn't a bad quarterback, he's just a game manager and ultimately he's been a pretty damn good one for the last 4 years.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Maverick wants to make peace. LMAO

http://i.imgur.com/Ghv7NzR.jpg

Mav
08-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Maverick wants to make peace. LMAO

http://i.imgur.com/Ghv7NzR.jpg

wow, classy.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Apology not accepted.

You must apologize to the entire board for deceiving us. You are an evil perverter of little Chiefs fans.

Kaepernick
08-22-2013, 05:04 PM

Sapps last words sum it up best.

"That's crazy".

Mav
08-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Apology not accepted.

You must apologize to the entire board for deceiving us. You are an evil perverter of little Chiefs fans.

Nope. I have done no such thing. And for your lack of class, back on ignore with you.......

DJ's left nut
08-22-2013, 05:06 PM
wow, classy.

Clays a dick.

But at least now you know that.

This is pretty much what he does.

Deberg_1990
08-22-2013, 05:10 PM

It's the most fascinating experiment this year. Andy Reid loves to throw. A. Smiths pitch count needs to be managed. Can it meet in the middle successfully?

Mav
08-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Clays a dick.

But at least now you know that.

This is pretty much what he does.

shrugs.......all I can say, is I tried.

Mav
08-22-2013, 05:13 PM
It's the most fascinating experiment this year. Andy Reid loves to throw. A. Smiths pitch count needs to be managed. Can it meet in the middle successfully?

Apparently, Andy Reid sees something I have never seen. If he tries to throw 60 percent of the time with Alex Smith I don't see that going well at all.

Deberg_1990
08-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Apparently, Andy Reid sees something I have never seen. If he tries to throw 60 percent of the time with Alex Smith I don't see that going well at all.

Agreed. Lets pray he's smarter than us. Gannon/Gruden part II

GordonGekko
08-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Sapps last words sum it up best.

"That's crazy".

I'm really tired of all this speculation. Just a few more weeks until we see the real bullets fly against the Jaguars and we'll see if AS is worth the steep draft pick payout we gave to acquire him.

jd1020
08-22-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm really tired of all this speculation. Just a few more weeks until we see the real bullets fly against the Jaguars and we'll see if AS is worth the steep draft pick payout we gave to acquire him.

You talk as if Alex is an unknown commodity.

Sandy Vagina
08-22-2013, 05:49 PM

No one has really seen Alex throw a lot of passes when his team is not in desperation, catch-up mode. If Alex is throwing 30-35 times a game, KC isn't trailing by a ton, and the majority of passes are in the short and intermediate range? I don't think there will be some alarming issues. Not if the OL can pass block and every other pass isn't dropped.

jd1020
08-22-2013, 05:52 PM
No one has really seen Alex throw a lot of passes when his team is not in desperation, catch-up mode. If Alex is throwing 30-35 times a game, KC isn't trailing by a ton, and the majority of passes are in the short and intermediate range? I don't think there will be some alarming issues. Not if the OL can pass block and every other pass isn't dropped.

Probably because a team lead by Alex is at their best when he's not trying to be Aaron Rodgers and instead be the most prolific QB at handing the ball off.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2013, 05:54 PM
If Alex is throwing 30-35 times a game, KC isn't trailing by a ton, and the majority of passes are in the short and intermediate range? I don't think there will be some alarming issues.

We've already seen issues, starting last week.

I don't think you can run a pass-first offense with Alex, because he isn't a guy who can make the most out of each pass play.

Sandy Vagina
08-22-2013, 06:02 PM
We've already seen issues, starting last week.

I don't think you can run a pass-first offense with Alex, because he isn't a guy who can make the most out of each pass play.

Maybe, maybe not... two preseason games.. one of which, he was close to perfect in taking what the D gave him.. are not enough for anyone thinking fairly to condemn or anoint as SB Champs. Pass pro, hot routes, and blitz pickup is usually the toughest and last aspect to get a solid grip on when dealing with a new system for players. Add the injuries to a rookie RT and an OL that needs to learn to better work together, and I think it's wrong to jump the gun on aggressive assessments.

I know it's fun for you to do so, as you are dying to be the "look at me! I iz so smart everybody!".. so I get why you do it, and I say go with that. For others not interested in such weak approval, a wait-n-see approach works.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Maybe, maybe not... two preseason games..

And six years in SF.

We know what Alex is. Preseason so far indicates he isn't changing.

Pablo
08-22-2013, 06:05 PM
LOL.

Is this fucking guy really trying to act like two preseason games are the only thing we have to judge Alex's entire career on?

Fuck.

jd1020
08-22-2013, 06:07 PM
LOL.

Is this ****ing guy really trying to act like two preseason games are the only thing we have to judge Alex's entire career on?

When you make an investment in a mediocre at best player for so long you have to hold out hope that they can become somebody they aren't to prove everybody wrong. I bet he still see's Alex as a #1 overall pick. Even after 8 years in the league and not being even half the QB of Rodgers.

Keep on holdin on.

Sandy Vagina
08-22-2013, 06:07 PM
^ Andy Reid disagrees with you both. This is already a tired and recycled debate. We'll see what happens when the games count.

Baby Lee
08-22-2013, 06:09 PM
this is a fascinating discussion about this one preseason play.

CP Talmudic Scholars!!

O.city
08-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Just like you can't look at the last 2 years of Alex Smith and say thats what he'll do here, because it was a totally different coach/philosophy, etc, you can't say he'll certainly be what he's always been this year in said new offense/head coach etc.

Brock
08-22-2013, 06:12 PM
You can certainly have a pretty solid foundation for suspicions.

O.city
08-22-2013, 06:13 PM

Yep.

Sandy Vagina
08-22-2013, 06:15 PM

Well that and a dollar will buy you a Sausage McMuffin.

Brock
08-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Well that and a dollar will buy you a Sausage McMuffin.

Welp, let's close down the board Kyle. No point in discussing it any further!

Sandy Vagina
08-22-2013, 06:20 PM
Welp, let's close down the board Kyle. No point in discussing it any further!

You're right, It makes far more sense for us to continue playing the "yes, he can", "no, he can't" game like children. :thumb:

O.city
08-22-2013, 06:21 PM
It makes sense because this is a message board and its what this is for.

Good lord.

Brock
08-22-2013, 06:24 PM
You're right, It makes far more sense for us to continue playing the "yes, he can", "no, he can't" game like children. :thumb:

So stop.

Sandy Vagina
08-22-2013, 06:27 PM
So stop.

Well so far, what I said didn't really apply to you or me. I have been saying, "maybe he can" while you are just expressing suspicion. My comment was only for the absolute crowd. Peace.

BigMeatballDave
08-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Welp

Not a real word.

GordonGekko
08-22-2013, 06:29 PM

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But it is going to be on a game to game basis. I'm not a fan of his at all, but I'm open to conversion if he can play to a top 10-12 qb level. I just heavily doubt he can do that.

But he really is our only hope to be halfway decent this year. I don't want to watch another 2 win season befall us. I'm not expecting playoffs, but it would be nice to take both games from Denver and Oakland. Could give a shit about the Chargers.

Brock
08-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Not a real word.

Not an interesting post.

Sandy Vagina
I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But it is going to be on a game to game basis. I'm not a fan of his at all, but I'm open to conversion if he can play to a top 10-12 qb level. I just heavily doubt he can do that.

But he really is our only hope to be halfway decent this year. I don't want to watch another 2 win season befall us. I'm not expecting playoffs, but it would be nice to take both games from Denver and Oakland. Could give a shit about the Chargers.

Fair enough. And if Alex is in the top 10-15 range, KC will be a playoff team or possibly just missing at 9-7.

Hammock Parties
What are the odds of Alex throwing a TD this week?

I know not every QB throws a lot of TDs, but would be nice to see him prove he can do this.

Mav
08-22-2013, 06:36 PM

I think that is all anyone can really do. What other choice do they have? Im curious as well. I knew what to expect from Alex Smith last season. I have NO idea what to expect this year.

Kaepernick
08-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Not a real word.

Welp, it should be. There is a crying need for the word "welp" to be a real word.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Smith is only slightly better than Cassel, and that is generous.

Mav
08-22-2013, 10:10 PM
Smith is only slightly better than Cassel, and that is generous.

Truthfully, all the Chiefs need him to be, is not a turn over machine. Get the ball to Jamaal and Bowe as much as possible and get the hell out of the way. Let Sutton and the D do their job.

I trust the tweet that I saw that said the percentage that the Chiefs would be drafting a qb in the first round to be 90%.

Just let Alex Smith baby the offense this year, don't screw it up, and keep building the team.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2013, 10:48 PM
Let Sutton and the D do their job.

LMAO

Alex Smith is so doomed here.

Jakemall
08-23-2013, 12:23 AM
What are the odds of Alex throwing a TD this week?

I know not every QB throws a lot of TDs, but would be nice to see him prove he can do this.

You mean like in week 1?

I could say he has thrown more TDs this pre-season than Kaepernick has.

Doesn't mean much either way. Yawn.

Hammock Parties
08-23-2013, 12:27 AM
Alex did not throw a TD in Week 1.

He's not a guy who enjoys that sort of thing, judging by his career.

Jakemall
08-23-2013, 12:32 AM

True...I forgot that they ran it in. My bad. I guess Kaep and Alex are equal then.

Again, this is pre-season. Although the steelers game will still be vanilla, they'll be playing it a bit more like a real game. Should be fun to see. But it's s till pre-season. Doesn't mean a whole lot.

chiefzilla1501
08-23-2013, 12:53 AM
Truthfully, all the Chiefs need him to be, is not a turn over machine. Get the ball to Jamaal and Bowe as much as possible and get the hell out of the way. Let Sutton and the D do their job.

I trust the tweet that I saw that said the percentage that the Chiefs would be drafting a qb in the first round to be 90%.

Just let Alex Smith baby the offense this year, don't screw it up, and keep building the team.

Yeah, if your only goal is to have an outside shot at winning a playoff game. It's not going to win Super Bowls. And that's all that should matter.

TLO
08-23-2013, 12:58 AM
Welp, season's over.

Discuss Thrower
08-23-2013, 01:09 AM
Not a real word.

Clearly, you are not from the South...

Sandy Vagina
08-23-2013, 06:12 AM

He's used to having the receiver slip after the catch and go to the ground just prior to the TD... you know... just like Charles did in that preseason game 1 drive.

Oh, but Charles didn't get it in on that pass... so no TD for you, Alex! One yard shy of getting a TD pass due to the receiver slipping.... AND converting that 3rd down. Too bad!

( as if that really matters.. or does converting the 3rd down with a pass to the goal-line for an easy 1 yd TD run right after just take away from the QB )

SMDH ..

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-23-2013, 08:05 AM
LMAO

Alex Smith is so doomed here.

As the Casselitis sets in, the butthurt will feed my darkside power.

Can't wait!

Mav
08-23-2013, 09:45 AM
Yeah, if your only goal is to have an outside shot at winning a playoff game. It's not going to win Super Bowls. And that's all that should matter.

I am asking and not being a smart ass at all okay.

But did you see the part about the 90% sure of the chiefs drafting a qb in the first round next year?

Now, second, the Chiefs won 2 games last year, no team has gone from having the number one overall pick in the draft to winning the super bowl the very next season. To go from 2 wins to the playoffs, is a successful season.

I understood as an Alex Smith guy, and I said this from the moment I got here, that Alex Smith was a place holder. That's all he is. He is a guy that is under contract for two years. If they draft a qb in the first round next year, I expect for him to at some point to take over for Alex Smith and then Alex Smith will leave after his contract is up. But before he goes, he will give the rookie qb time to adjust, time to learn with no pressure, and take over.

Who ever is drafted is going to have a much higher ceiling than Alex Smith has.

Sure, Alex Smith can maybe this year get close to 4k yards, maybe 25 tds, and that's his max potential.

To build a winning team, you have to build a winning culture. Alex Smith can help build that, and then be given the Kaepernick treatment, and move on to another team. Im fully aware of that being the most realistic scenario, and its the right one.

At the end of the day, this is a business, and the business is winning. And that's coming from the side of me that watched Ted Thompson, and John Dorsey trade a legend like Brett Favre. I have no doubt that they will cut the cord when the time is right.

Alex Smith is what was needed this season for the Chiefs to start that road back to being a successful franchise. He is not like Matt Cassel. Matt Cassel was a flash in the pan who had his major flaws masked by superior offensive talent. Alex Smith was a limited qb with limited offensive weapons and thrived on not turning the ball over, and taking the safe play.

He is in the same exact situation here with the Chiefs. Outside of Bowe, and Charles, this team has no playmakers.......

I never had a delusion that Alex Smith is going to be the savior of the Chiefs. But he can be a helper in the rebuild of the Chiefs.

Sandy Vagina
08-23-2013, 10:02 AM
I understood as an Alex Smith guy, and I said this from the moment I got here, that Alex Smith was a place holder. That's all he is.

I never had a delusion that Alex Smith is going to be the savior of the Chiefs. But he can be a helper in the rebuild of the Chiefs.

... and this is why I am a bigger Alex fan than you. :p

While I am not certain that Alex will win it all with KC, I believe that he can... that he can be more than just some serviceable place-holder.

... but even if that's all he can be (serviceable)? Then KC will gain back respectability... for the fans and players. That's important... and in doing even this, I don't think bringing in Alex cripples KC from being able to draft +/or develop their "true" QBotF franchise guy.

jd1020
08-23-2013, 10:21 AM
... and this is why I am a bigger Alex fan than you. :p

Congrats on being the bigger idiot.

Sandy Vagina
08-23-2013, 10:23 AM

If I turn out be or am now? so be it. :)

Mav
08-23-2013, 10:35 AM

not sure how I ended up an idiot in this lol.

Cephalic Trauma
08-23-2013, 12:44 PM

Cuz you wear a scarlet ****ing letter on this site.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275294

Mav
08-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Cuz you wear a scarlet ****ing letter on this site.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275294

Meh.....

Hammock Parties
08-23-2013, 01:16 PM

http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/you-dont-have-any-friends-gif.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-23-2013, 04:02 PM

No shit.

"I CAN CHUGZ ALEX'S CHODE LONGER THAN U"!!!

Cephalic Trauma
08-24-2013, 10:20 AM
http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/you-dont-have-any-friends-gif.gif

LMAO

Alex Smiff
08-24-2013, 03:30 PM
Will be interesting to see how he plays tonight.

FloridaMan88
08-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Will be interesting to see how he plays tonight.

Not really.

Alex Cassel's stat line will be something like 13 for 22 for 7 yards and sacked 10 times.

jerryforeverrice80
08-24-2013, 04:15 PM
cmon alex is not that bad of a QB just give him a chance.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2013, 04:15 PM
the fuck is with these n00bs?

jerryforeverrice80
08-24-2013, 04:48 PM
Meh.....

i see they like you about as much as the red zone does, good luck snoopy.

jerryforeverrice80
08-24-2013, 04:49 PM
the fuck is with these n00bs?

no need to hate we all football fans brother.

GO NINERS

Hammock Parties
08-24-2013, 04:52 PM
If you're here to fight Maverick, please stay.

He is a great evil.

jerryforeverrice80
08-24-2013, 04:57 PM
If you're here to fight Maverick, please stay.

He is a great evil.

the dude use to get owned bad over at the red zone i almost felt sorry for the guy.

Easy 6
08-24-2013, 05:00 PM
I'm not sure i fully understand the hate for atleast a few of these niner fans, the handful i speak of are muuuch more bearable than the pats guys who showed up and did nothing but fellate themselves over all things patriots.

Some of these niner guys seem to have a reasonable take once in a while, without going off the cliff about how awesome everything niners is... seriously, nothing compares to those insufferable pats people.

Just me, but a few of these guys seem to be weathering the storm with good cheer.

themanwithnoname
08-24-2013, 05:23 PM
I'm not sure i fully understand the hate for atleast a few of these niner fans, the handful i speak of are muuuch more bearable than the pats guys who showed up and did nothing but fellate themselves over all things patriots.

Some of these niner guys seem to have a reasonable take once in a while, without going off the cliff about how awesome everything niners is... seriously, nothing compares to those insufferable pats people.

Just me, but a few of these guys seem to be weathering the storm with good cheer.

I don't have a problem with the 49ers fans. The problem is 75%+ of the people you're talking about are actually just Alex Smith fans. Some of them are trying to fit in so that they can gloat if he doesn't totally suck or the team finds success.

GoChargers
08-24-2013, 06:27 PM

LOLWUT? Most of the Niner trolls just fellate Alice Smiff all day, ruin every thread with their drama from other websites, and try to backseat moderate.

Easy 6
08-24-2013, 06:41 PM
I don't have a problem with the 49ers fans. The problem is 75%+ of the people you're talking about are actually just Alex Smith fans. Some of them are trying to fit in so that they can gloat if he doesn't totally suck or the team finds success.

I see a lot of negative comments about his various skills from the few i'm speaking of, i don't think its all pro-Smythe for a few.

If it turns out any of them turn into gloaters or trolls that i can plainly see, i'll be first in with the neg rep.

I dunno, maybe i'm just getting soft, in my dotage as it were...

Hammock Parties
08-24-2013, 06:41 PM
weeeeeeeee

http://i.imgur.com/AVhbUmF.gif

Easy 6
08-24-2013, 06:43 PM
ruin every thread with their drama from other websites

This kinda stuff was definitely weird and not welcome, they need to keep that shit over at ninersplanet or whatever.

Easy 6
08-24-2013, 06:45 PM
weeeeeeeee

He's looked like shit overall, but that was a coverage sack.

Ace Gunner
08-24-2013, 06:49 PM
weeeeeeeee

who ever that was in the slot didn't look this play in early enough

Hammock Parties
08-24-2013, 06:53 PM
He's looked like shit overall, but that was a coverage sack.

I'm sure it was one of Alex's designed sacks.

ChiefRocka
08-24-2013, 06:55 PM
weeeeeeeee

Hudson got destroyed at the end there...wow!

opposition
08-24-2013, 07:09 PM
Cheifs Total Offense= 202 yards
Alex Smith 158 + 38= 196 yards tie game

Mr_Tomahawk
08-24-2013, 07:10 PM
On pace for 300 yards....I'm not use to this.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2013, 07:20 PM
On pace for 300 yards....I'm not use to this.

24 attempts

Mr_Tomahawk
08-24-2013, 07:21 PM
24 attempts

70%. Right...?

ChiefRocka
08-24-2013, 07:26 PM
Cheifs Total Offense= 202 yards
Alex Smith 158 + 38= 196 yards tie game

Learn to spell Chief

quittripping
08-24-2013, 07:51 PM
gochiefs(exceptQB), are you a alex smith whiner with no life that follow him still in KC and to troll this chiefs MB? I think so LMAOLMAOLMAO

GordonGekko
08-24-2013, 08:06 PM
gochiefs(exceptQB), are you a alex smith whiner with no life that follow him still in KC and to troll this chiefs MB? I think so LMAOLMAOLMAO

Not exactly sure the message this poster is trying to send. Apparently he is unhappy with people being unhappy about our mediocre starting Qb.

Sannyasi
08-24-2013, 08:11 PM
I'm not sure i fully understand the hate for atleast a few of these niner fans, the handful i speak of are muuuch more bearable than the pats guys who showed and did nothing but fellate themselves over all things patriots.

I agree with you. I think most of the niners fans have acquitted themselves well. They don't deserve to be the brunt of displaced anger toward pats fans/Alex Smith.

Planetman
08-24-2013, 09:50 PM
that was a coverage sack.
This. Period.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-24-2013, 09:52 PM
weeeeeeeee

Well, he didn't go fetal. So there's that.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2013, 09:58 PM
You take more coverage sacks when you're afraid to throw the ball into tight windows. Period.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-24-2013, 09:59 PM
Yakity-sacks.

Planetman
08-24-2013, 10:02 PM
70% completion rate tonight.
No fumbles.
No INTs.
38 yards on the ground.

What's this thread even about?

Oh wait. It's a gochiefs thread created for the purpose of whenever Smith makes a mistake, he can run over here and pound his chest. Got it.

/ignore

Hammock Parties
08-24-2013, 10:03 PM
He done good. I'll give Alex the week off.

MotherfuckerJones
08-24-2013, 10:06 PM
At least he doesn't piss his pants in the pocket. He's not Rodgers but ill have to deal with it

Brando
08-24-2013, 10:08 PM
My favorite play is when he took the safety. Oh wait...wrong Smith.

Planetman
08-24-2013, 10:09 PM
My favorite play is when he took the safety. Oh wait...wrong Smith.
LMAO

MotherfuckerJones
08-24-2013, 10:12 PM
LMAO ROFL

Kaepernick
08-24-2013, 10:16 PM
And so officially begins the see-saw period with Alex.

When he is efficient and contributes to a win, or the opposition is soft enough, he shuts up his detractors and the supporters come to gloat.

When he is below average and contributes to a loss, or the opposition is hard enough, he shuts up his supporters and his detractors come out for their I-told-you-so's.

Alex Smith is a solid middling QB in the 15-20 range of all QBs who has plenty of strengths to delight his supporters but key weaknesses that keep him from rising to the upper tiers and contributing to playoff wins or lifting the team on his shoulders.

Supporters and detractors will see-saw back and forth all year en-route to a 9-10 win season, missing the playoffs or bowing out in the wild-card round.

Right now, all of you know everything you need to know about Alex. All his cards are on the table. You know exactly what you've got. The arguments will revolve around if that is enough to navigate the playoffs or not. Nothing is going to stop those arguments.

Everything will still come down to...

A) is that worth two 2nd round draft picks?

B) is that the path to the super bowl?

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-24-2013, 10:17 PM
Axl Smiff: leader of men.:rolleyes:

Brando
08-24-2013, 10:18 PM
Axl Smiff: leader of men.:rolleyes:

Sweet Daddy Hate: A belligerent asshole

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-24-2013, 10:19 PM
And so officially begins the see-saw period with Alex. When he is efficient and contributes to a win, he shuts up his detractors and the supporters come to gloat. When he is below average and contributes to a loss, he shuts up his supporters and his detractors come out for their I-told-you-so's.

Alex Smith is a solid middling QB in the 15-20 range of all QBs who has plenty of strengths to delight his supporters but key weaknesses that keep him from rising to the upper tiers and contributing to playoff wins or lifting the team on his shoulders.

Supporters and detractors will see-saw back and forth all year en-route to a 9-10 win season, missing the playoffs or bowing out in the wild-card round.

Right now, all of you know everything you need to know about Alex. All his cards are on the table. You know exactly what you've got. The arguments will revolve around if that is enough to navigate the playoffs or not. Nothing is going to stop those arguments.

http://snl.jt.org/caps/sketches/Perspectives.jpg

:thumb:

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-24-2013, 10:19 PM
Sweet Daddy Hate: A belligerent asshole

I'm sorry; did you miss the username on the way in?

Brando
08-24-2013, 10:21 PM
I'm sorry; did you miss the username on the way in?

OK gotta give you that

Kaepernick
08-24-2013, 10:22 PM
I hope you are starting to see that Alex is not fragile but is pretty tough. He is no Chris Chandler. He missed many games with the shoulder injury and during that recovery. It is not like he is injury prone. He can and has taken fierce hits and gotten up, shook it off and kept playing.

2011, a Seahawk took an illegal, cheap shot to the face mask while Alex slid after scrambling for a gain. It wrung him up good and blood was gushing from above his nose. Never slowed him down. He jumped right up and marched down the field for a score.

I hope you guys can see your way to adding this to his "plus" column. He is not fragile.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-24-2013, 10:24 PM
I hope you are starting to see that Alex is not fragile but is pretty tough. He is no Chris Chandler. He lost many games with the shoulder injury and during recovery. It is not like he is injury prone. He can and has taken fierce hits and gotten up, shook it off and kept playing.

I hope you guys can see your way to adding this to his "plus" column. He is not fragile.

Cassel was disappointingly tough. Bastard just WOULDN'T DIE.

BryanBusby
08-24-2013, 10:24 PM
He's just a soft bitch.

MotherfuckerJones
08-24-2013, 10:25 PM
That polamolu, oh **** it I'm too drunk to attempt the spelling, hit was nasty

RobBlake
08-24-2013, 10:26 PM

lol.

Kaepernick
08-24-2013, 10:27 PM

You are killing me. You are reminding me of my 1st car -- an AMC Gremlin. The trunk-less wonder. 22 mpg highway with the 232 inline 6 and still couldn't hit 80 mph top speed.

I really tried to blow it up but it just kept running.

Finally dumped it on my sister and bought a 1968 Mustang. The Mustang is officially "the first car I ever owned". The Gremlin is just a bad dream.

Mav
08-24-2013, 10:31 PM
You are killing me. You are reminding me of my 1st car -- an AMC Gremlin. The trunk-less wonder. 22 mpg highway with the 232 inline 6 and still couldn't hit 80 mph top speed.

I really tried to blow it up but it just kept running.

Finally dumped it on my sister and bought a 1968 Mustang. The Mustang is officially "the first car I ever owned". The Gremlin is just a bad dream.

Did you watch any of the game Kaep?

Kaepernick
08-24-2013, 10:33 PM
Did you watch any of the game Kaep?

Not a single play, but it sounds like Alex was doing what he does best when he is on. Just spread the ball around and keep things moving but still not converting the 3rd & longs & not sure about the red zone.

But preseason isn't about winning, so fat Andy isn't going to tip his hand game planning or anything.

My guess is that Charles will be the #1 receiver on the team this year. I'm convinced the Chiefs will win at least 8 games and not surprised at all with 10 wins. A lot of people think I'm nuts.

It is on NFLN tomorrow morning. I'll watch the 1st half tomorrow. Missed Seahawks Pack too. Missed Rams too.

Lots to watch tomorrow before 49ers Vikes.

Mav
08-24-2013, 10:35 PM
Not a single play, but it sounds like Alex was doing what he does best when he is on. Just spread the ball around and keep things moving but still not converting the 3rd & longs & not sure about the red zone.

It is on NFLN tomorrow morning. I'll watch the 1st half tomorrow. Missed Seahawks Pack too. Missed Rams too.

Lots to watch tomorrow before 49ers Vikes.

It is absolutely maddening.

There are plays that Alex plays and I am just like, you are legally retarded.

And then he puts together an entire drive like the TD drive, where he is certain, surgical, methodical, and lethal, and I am like omg, he is here.

I fully expect more Jekyll and Hyde from him.

And he finally used his athleticism. Instead of freezing like a bitch in an ice box, and going fetal.

Buttttt.....HE DID FREEZE UP IN THE FIRST QUARTER. LIKE A BITCH

Easy 6
08-24-2013, 10:56 PM
And so officially begins the see-saw period with Alex.

When he is efficient and contributes to a win, or the opposition is soft enough, he shuts up his detractors and the supporters come to gloat.

When he is below average and contributes to a loss, or the opposition is hard enough, he shuts up his supporters and his detractors come out for their I-told-you-so's.

See, this is one of those damned fair arguments that a few of these guys will throw out.

I haven't yet decided, but its good thinking material.

Kaepernick
08-24-2013, 11:10 PM
It is absolutely maddening.

There are plays that Alex plays and I am just like, you are legally retarded.

And then he puts together an entire drive like the TD drive, where he is certain, surgical, methodical, and lethal, and I am like omg, he is here.

I fully expect more Jekyll and Hyde from him.

And he finally used his athleticism. Instead of freezing like a bitch in an ice box, and going fetal.

Buttttt.....HE DID FREEZE UP IN THE FIRST QUARTER. LIKE A BITCH

We know exactly what Alex is and he certainly isn't a bad QB. He will just never be top tier and carry a team. Although some people will maintain the hope that Andy can take him to that next step. I can't see it, but it is good for football if that happens, so I hope it does. You just can't have too many quality QBs in football.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-24-2013, 11:12 PM
My guess is that Charles will be the #1 receiver on the team this year.

Will his headstone read; "Killed By Asshat"?

Mav
08-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Will his headstone read; "Killed By Asshat"?

No, but he prolly will have Alex introduce him at his H.O.F. induction...

Being that is as close as Alex Smith is going to get there himself.

Mav
08-24-2013, 11:18 PM
I'm just looking back to the years that Andy's top receiver was an RB. It wasn't uncommon. Your QB is built that way - primarily for the short passing game and the check-downs/sweeps.

That and getting the ball into Charles hands as much as possible, is actually a positive. Not a negative.

Brando
08-24-2013, 11:20 PM
That and getting the ball into Charles hands as much as possible, is actually a positive. Not a negative.

I certainly hope so. I picked him up in the 2nd round of my fantasy draft.

Mav
08-24-2013, 11:21 PM
I certainly hope so. I picked him up in the 2nd round of my fantasy draft.

The second ROUND?

How many people were in your draft, 4?

Brando
08-24-2013, 11:23 PM
The second ROUND?

How many people were in your draft, 4?

I picked 10th and took him with the 11th after McCoy. Someone actually took Foster in the 1st.

Mav
08-24-2013, 11:27 PM
I picked 10th and took him with the 11th after McCoy. Someone actually took Foster in the 1st.

Ohhh, okay. That kinda makes more sense. I have done a couple of drafts just to get ready for my money draft which is tomorrow, and he usually goes top 5......

quittripping
08-25-2013, 01:48 PM
Smitty pwned the whiners this week.

Hammock Parties
08-25-2013, 01:51 PM

I wouldn't say that.

He certainly held us at bay with a very timely TD drive, though.

The other 28:40 was enough to make me scream.

quittripping
08-25-2013, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't say that.

He certainly held us at bay with a very timely TD drive, though.

The other 28:40 was enough to make me scream.

As long as he wins, you can scream all you want LMAO

Go ahead and post some of the Smitty highlight gifs from the game for us LMAO

GoChargers
08-25-2013, 02:10 PM

Yes, his whopping one drive of looking like an NFL quarterback sure proved his skeptics wrong! :thumb:

hometeam
08-25-2013, 02:13 PM

The only thing he did was lead ONE drive.

Yes, it looked good.

He also led 5 shitty ass drives where he looked like Alice Smiff.

Keep dreaming.

I am going to ride Alices ass until he proves me wrong. I hope he does.

Kaepernick
08-25-2013, 02:16 PM

That is how the Alex see-saw works. Supporters win one week, detractors the next.

The beat goes on.

SanDiego49er
08-25-2013, 04:19 PM
2/3 very good preseason games. And consider the defense he was playing in the other one.

BigMeatballDave
08-25-2013, 04:24 PM

Yes, it looked good.

Keep dreaming.

Are you going to physically call him and critique his performances?

Don't you mean bitch harmlessly on an Internet message board?

Saccopoo
08-25-2013, 04:57 PM
No, but he prolly will have Alex introduce him at his H.O.F. induction...

Being that is as close as Alex Smith is going to get there himself.

http://0.tqn.com/d/phoenix/1/0/D/T/2/gettycardinalswarner02.jpg
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0901/superbowl.qb.bestgames/images/steve-young.xxix.jpg

It's all about the right system for the right player.

Go look back on Steve Young's career. Smith is at the exact same point that Young was when he took over the 49ers and embarked on a path that led to the Hall of Fame. Many people were talking about Young the same way that Smith has been spoke of around here.

I'm not saying that Alex Smith ends up there, but it's all about being in the right place at the right time with the right coach in the right system. Reid has wanted Smith for a while, finally has him and thinks that the team is capable of doing some pretty good things. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Hammock Parties
08-25-2013, 04:59 PM
Steve Young LMAO

I already debunked that comparison in the offseason.

quittripping
08-25-2013, 05:11 PM

Yes, it looked good.

Keep dreaming.

looks like the smittys are smitten :LOL:

Sweet Daddy Hate
Sunshine/Dog's Ass.

quittripping
Yes, his whopping one drive of looking like an NFL quarterback sure proved his skeptics wrong! :thumb:

Smitty look good too LMAO

Hammock Parties
08-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Nice hat technique.

http://i.imgur.com/2nmqQjw.gif

Discuss Thrower
08-29-2013, 07:14 PM
Nice hat technique.

Just means Alex is a perfectionist

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-29-2013, 08:01 PM
BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHA

He knows the comparisons are ON.

Kaepernick
08-29-2013, 10:14 PM
Nice hat technique.

Alex is just checking down on the ground for his sack where he keeps his hat. :D

Thig Lyfe
08-29-2013, 10:17 PM
Alex is just checking down on the ground for his sack where he keeps his hat. :D

But... his hat is already on his head... and who keeps hats in a sack? Like a hat sack? What?

AlexSmithDynasty
08-29-2013, 11:43 PM
But... his hat is already on his head... and who keeps hats in a sack? Like a hat sack? What?

He tried to make a joke, but it wasn't funny.

Hammock Parties
08-31-2013, 03:41 PM
Go Alex!

http://i.imgur.com/mbg1RTh.gif

jd1020
08-31-2013, 03:44 PM
Go Alex!

Dat down field accuracy!

ShowtimeSBMVP
08-31-2013, 03:50 PM
Go Alex!

WHERE ARE GENO AIR MAILS?

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-31-2013, 09:47 PM
Dane is right; he's not Cassel. Their throwing motions are dissimilar.

The results however are the same.

Messier
08-31-2013, 09:51 PM
This is gonna happen all season, isn't it?

Smith could go 20-24, and Clay's gonna serve up some gifs of the 4 incompletes.

Mav
08-31-2013, 09:54 PM
This is gonna happen all season, isn't it?

Smith could go 20-24, and Clay's gonna serve up some gifs of the 4 incompletes.

The only thing that shocks me about this, is that it took someone 6 months to realize this........

I said this the first week I was here.

If the Chiefs are winning games, "the defense, the running game, the special teams." The Chiefs didn't win WITH ALEX SMITH, THEY WON INSPITE OF HIM.

And when they lose.

"Alex Smiths fault."

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-31-2013, 09:55 PM
"Rocket up ass 42"! Rocket up ass 42"! HUT! HUT!

Planetman
08-31-2013, 10:59 PM
Go Alex!

Typical Clay troll .gif Pick and choose.

OMG! He left a pass high. No NFL QB worth their salt EVER does that! You NEVER see Brady or Manning overshoot a receiver, EVER! EEEEEEEVVVVVEEERRRR!!! /Chicken Little The Sky Is Falling

Eleazar
08-31-2013, 11:04 PM
Typical Clay troll .gif Pick and choose.

OMG! He left a pass high. No NFL QB worth their salt EVER does that! You NEVER see Brady or Manning overshoot a receiver, EVER! EEEEEEEVVVVVEEERRRR!!! /Chicken Little The Sky Is Falling

More importantly, Smith threw the ball slightly too high, but he placed the ball high intentionally because only his receiver could have come up with the catch.

If you have Cassel or Geno there, with 2 defenders in the area, there's a much higher chance of an interception.

Planetman
08-31-2013, 11:10 PM
More importantly, Smith threw the ball slightly too high, but he placed the ball high intentionally because only his receiver could have come up with the catch.

If you have Cassel or Geno there, with 2 defenders in the area, there's a much higher chance of an interception.
Dipshit won't see it that way. He'll try and convince everyone it was just a poorly thrown pass and then ramble on about how a top notch QB cares not about the positioning of the defenders and ALWAYS threads that pass in there regardless. It's what EVERY good QB in the league does, except OUR QB. /Same Old Tired Clayton Bullshit

aturnis
09-01-2013, 12:56 AM
The only thing that shocks me about this, is that it took someone 6 months to realize this........

If the Chiefs are winning games, "the defense, the running game, the special teams." The Chiefs didn't win WITH ALEX SMITH, THEY WON INSPITE OF HIM.

And when they lose.

"Alex Smiths fault."

Come on man. The guy is very limited. Admit it.

Sorter
09-01-2013, 01:09 AM
Go Alex!

Can you make a .gif of this from the snap?

I'll do my best to provide a breakdown, of course.

Sorter
09-01-2013, 01:14 AM
Dipshit won't see it that way. He'll try and convince everyone it was just a poorly thrown pass and then ramble on about how a top notch QB cares not about the positioning of the defenders and ALWAYS threads that pass in there regardless. It's what EVERY good QB in the league does, except OUR QB. /Same Old Tired Clayton Bullshit

To be fair, I have no problem with the overthrow. From what I can see on the gif, it looks like Avery will be crushed by Troy if he catches it.

Now, without being privy to what the front/box/coverage looked like as well as the route concepts/alignment for the offense, this play looks like one Alex should have checked down to Charles when he comes out of his 'sneak" route. Really difficult to make an accurate assumption from this gif though.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Can you make a .gif of this from the snap?

http://i.imgur.com/uj0Vezd.gif

Mav
09-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Come on man. The guy is very limited. Admit it.

When have I said anything contrary to his limitations?

When? Have I not said repeatedly that he takes too many sacks. If the play doesn't go as scripted he looks lost. How many times?

I have said many many times that Alex Smiths traits are that he will allow the defense, and running game to win games and his primary focus is not to screw it up.

His biggest asset to the Chiefs is that he will help groom the QBOTF.

Hes a stabilizer right now with a friendly contract. That's all he is.

Where is this coming from that I have slurped the shit out of Alex Smith and claimed he is elite?

Never happened. Never will.

Wouldn't be the first time this week though you have misunderstood something and gotten destroyed on the internet though.....

Red Gorilla
09-02-2013, 08:04 AM

And when they lose.

"Alex Smiths fault."

Good post man. It bugs me that some will be rooting for him to fail.

quittripping
09-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Dane is right; he's not Cassel. Their throwing motions are dissimilar.
The results however are the same.

13-3 2011, whine more doofus ROFL ROFL ROFL

Kaepernick
09-02-2013, 04:24 PM
13-3 2011, whine more doofus ROFL ROFL ROFL

The 2000 Ravens clarried Trent Dilfer to a 12-4 record AND won the super bowl.

Try again.

Sandy Vagina
09-02-2013, 04:53 PM
The 2000 Ravens clarried Trent Dilfer to a 12-4 record AND won the super bowl.

Try again.

So now, Alex is =/< Trent Dilfer?

Dilfer never hit 60% of his passes then or since, and his rating that SB season was 76,6. His next passer ratings were in the 70's. Alex? 104.1 and best in the NFL getting the team to 6-2.

Man, I have seen some hate, but **** off, really.

Mav
09-02-2013, 04:58 PM

Dilfer never hit 60% of his passes then or since, and his rating that SB season was 76,6. His next passer ratings were in the 70's. Alex? 104.1 and best in the NFL getting the team to 6-2.

Mac.......Why even bother?

I don't mind Kaepernick nearly as much as I used to. But, they are all that way. They blamed Alex for the offense in 2011, and then blamed the DEFENSE for losing the Super Bowl.

You should have an understanding of how this works. If the 49ers struggle this year, the receivers are going to get the blame. That was not a valid excuse for Alex Smith though, but will be for Kaep.

Or they will blame the defense. Its just the reversed now.

Here is my favorite. Alex Smith went 1/13 on 3rd down in the NFCCG with GARBAGE at receiver. You mention that fact, Alexcuse.

Kaepernick played like crap in the first half of the Super Bowl. "The defense sucked. Aldon Smith, and Justin Smith were hurt, Culliver sucked, Whitner sucked."

See the difference?

Sandy Vagina
09-02-2013, 05:10 PM

See the difference?

Yes, I do.

Just crazy enough that Alex fans would keep track of him on a KC forum, but a clear Alex hater coming on board to follow? ****ing wow.

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/3193/vikeslogo.gif

Mav
09-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Yes, I do.

Just crazy enough that Alex fans would keep track of him on a KC forum, but a clear Alex hater coming on board to follow? ****ing wow.

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/3193/vikeslogo.gif

Yeah, that always made me laugh. The same guys who come here as Alex haters, will tell any Alex supporter on the 49er forum to go join a Chiefs forum because they don't want to talk about him anymore, and then they will go join the same forum.

Its retardation at its best.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Go back to your gayass Frisco boards with this bullshit

aturnis
09-02-2013, 07:11 PM

I'm Just going to quote a post of mine from a few months back to discredit his completion percentage and QB rating. Enjoy.

You're joking right? Try looking at it like this.*A basketball player who almost exclusively shoots layups is going to have a better fg% and therefore points per attempt, than a player who shoots around the field, solely b/c player1 only takes high percentage shots. Not only that, but his shot attempts is lower b/c the layup isn't always there.*Meanwhile, player2 scores more points per game, and overall, b/c he takes lower percentage shots, and sometimes forces a shot b/c his team needs him to. Therefore, he has more misses making his ppa go down.Player2 though, has carried his team to big wins and has hit multiple game winners b/c he isn't afraid to try.Down 3 with seconds left. Who do you want taking the final shot to push for OT? The guy who has spent his season taking layups, or the guy with a lower ppa, b/c he's been carrying the team and doing what he had to in order to win.

beach tribe
09-02-2013, 07:28 PM
I just noticed that Smith and Kaep had the exact same number of attempts last season.

In 218 attempt:

Smith: 1,737yds 70.2% 7.97ypa 13td 5ints
Kaep: 1,814yds 62.4% 8.30ypa 10tds 3ints

Im sure this has been posted before multiple times, but their passing production is undoubtedly almost identical. This cannot be argued.

I know people want to shit on smith, but those are damn good numbers.

beach tribe
09-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Smith is the PERFECT tutor for BRAY.

Bray is a big armed risk taker. Smith is Mega efficient. A mix of the two is the perfect QB.

beach tribe
09-02-2013, 07:35 PM
So smith was
#4 in YPA
#3 in Rating
#1 in comp. %

KCBOSS1
09-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Go Chiefs... weren't you the one singing Cassel's praise after the first training camp? I seem to remember expressing my questions about him feeling Grbac-like.... questioning the fact that he hadn't started a single game at USC and that he was a product of a great system, not a great talent... I had a bad feeling about it and hoped for the best... this time I have a good feeling about Alex Smith, not a great feeling like a Montana or even Green feeling, but still a good feeling... now that you are touting how bad He sucks, I feel even better about him.

Alex Smiff
09-02-2013, 07:49 PM
I just noticed that Smith and Kaep had the exact same number of attempts last season.

In 218 attempt:

Im sure this has been posted before multiple times, but their passing production is undoubtedly almost identical. This cannot be argued.

I know people want to shit on smith, but those are damn good numbers.

Why not include Kaepernick's total production (through the air and on the ground)?

It's not just about passing, it's about total productivity and Kaepernick is superior to Smith in that regard hands down.

Kaepernick had 23 total TD's last year. Smith has not been able to match that in his entire career while playing more games. Kaepernick is dynamic, Smith is limited. No need to cherry pick stats.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Go back to your gayass Frisco boards with this bullshit

This. They truly make me long for the one or two Patriotards we used to have.

beach tribe
09-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Why not include Kaepernick's total production (through the air and on the ground)?

It's not just about passing, it's about total productivity and Kaepernick is superior to Smith in that regard hands down.

Kaepernick had 23 total TD's. Smith has not been able to match that in his entire career. Kaepernick is dynamic, Smith is limited. No need to cherry pick stats.

I said PASSING production. There was nothing cherry picked about it.

Those are good passing #s from both. Kaep does add another element.
And Ive been hearing about how this running dynamic gives guys like kaep such an edge, yet no QB who fits that description has won a SB.
They always get beat in the POs and SBs by top notch pocket passers.
So dont get so wet over kaep just yet.

FTR I am not saying Smith is one of those guys. Just that he is better than people give him credit for, and a perfect vet for Bray to learn from.

beach tribe
09-02-2013, 08:11 PM
This. They truly make me long for the one or two Patriotards we used to have.

More butt fucking per sq. mile than anywhere in the country.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-02-2013, 08:24 PM
More butt fucking per sq. mile than anywhere in the country.

LMAO

I see you acknowledge the TRUE power of the QB position now...

beach tribe
09-02-2013, 08:30 PM
LMAO

I see you acknowledge the TRUE power of the QB position now...

The only thing San Fran has produced more of is Tight Ends.

9er guy
09-02-2013, 10:02 PM
The only thing San Fran has produced more of is Tight Ends.

I would make a joke out of Missouri but God beat me to it.

9er guy
09-02-2013, 10:27 PM

I don't mind Kaepernick nearly as much as I used to. But, they are all that way. They blamed Alex for the offense in 2011, and then blamed the DEFENSE for losing the Super Bowl.

You should have an understanding of how this works. If the 49ers struggle this year, the receivers are going to get the blame. That was not a valid excuse for Alex Smith though, but will be for Kaep.

Or they will blame the defense. Its just the reversed now.

Here is my favorite. Alex Smith went 1/13 on 3rd down in the NFCCG with GARBAGE at receiver. You mention that fact, Alexcuse.

Kaepernick played like crap in the first half of the Super Bowl. "The defense sucked. Aldon Smith, and Justin Smith were hurt, Culliver sucked, Whitner sucked."

See the difference?

Alex was 1-7 throwing the ball further than 11 yards downfield. Aka He's throwing short of the sticks in typical Alex fashion.

I just think NYG had our passing game figured out. Alex is gonna throw to a spot and he struggles throwing guys open. Play the spot and make him beat you over the top. They did it in that game and they did it in the regular season rematch in 2012 where Alex threw 3 picks.

There were a couple instances in both of those games where guys got open downfield only to be overthrown. Save the TD's to Vernon of course.

You shouldn't need a core of all-pro wideouts just to get a first down.

As for the Super Bowl. Let's just call a spade a spade. The whole team played like shit the first half. The offense was stagnant, and that was probably the WORST defense I've seen in the Harbaugh era.

Free runners, guys giving up on plays. Jumping over downed receivers instead of tackling them, and that's just Chris Culliver.

I'm not a fan of any particular player. I'm a 9ers fan. And I call it how I see it.

Both games, both quarterbacks could have played better. And the fact that other position groups weren't 100% on point doesn't absolve either one of these guys of their responsibility to make plays.

It's not about making Kaep look good or Alex look bad. It's just the truth.

I will say this though. With Kaep, you're not sitting around hoping he's gonna make a play, it's just a matter of when.

And I think we saw that in Atlanta as well as the Super Sowl. He may start slow (Which I think is indicative of the Harbaugh/Roman offense) but he will make plays. With Alex, he may, he may not.

9er guy
09-02-2013, 10:32 PM

In 218 attempt:

But we're ignoring context. One guy is a former #1 overall pick with almost 10 years of experience.

The other guy is a 2nd rounder that hadn't even played until last season and is still learning the position.

Even in a vacuum I would say advantage Kaep.

Jakemall
09-02-2013, 10:39 PM
I'm Just going to quote a post of mine from a few months back to discredit his completion percentage and QB rating. Enjoy.

You're joking right? Try looking at it like this.*A basketball player who almost exclusively shoots layups is going to have a better fg% and therefore points per attempt, than a player who shoots around the field, solely b/c player1 only takes high percentage shots. Not only that, but his shot attempts is lower b/c the layup isn't always there.*Meanwhile, player2 scores more points per game, and overall, b/c he takes lower percentage shots, and sometimes forces a shot b/c his team needs him to. Therefore, he has more misses making his ppa go down.Player2 though, has carried his team to big wins and has hit multiple game winners b/c he isn't afraid to try.Down 3 with seconds left. Who do you want taking the final shot to push for OT? The guy who has spent his season taking layups, or the guy with a lower ppa, b/c he's been carrying the team and doing what he had to in order to win.

If all Alex can do is "Lay Ups" defenses would cheat up and cover the short game and take it away from him. They don't seem to be able to do that. Now if you're going to suggest that other QBs could do what Alex does as effectively as Alex does because they're better QBs...then my question to you is, if defenses can't stop Alex's "Lay ups" why isn't every qb trying to be an improved version of Alex, since it wins games?

Mav
09-02-2013, 10:39 PM
But we're ignoring context. One guy is a former #1 overall pick with almost 10 years of experience.

The other guy is a 2nd rounder that hadn't even played until last season and is still learning the position.

So I don't have to copy your previous post, ill just quote this one.

Im not debating Alex Vs Kaep. As soon as people understand this isn't Alex Vs Kaep the better off people will be.

Alex Smith didn't turn the ball over. Kaep did. Kaeps turnover in the super bowl led to what was already a horrible half for the entire 49ers team.

The difference is. You can say that it was an entire team thing. Just like the Vikings game last season. The entire team played terribly all game. Christian Ponder looked like Mike Vick. But, all I heard was how badly Alex Smith played.

Fast forward to the Giants 49ers game, same season. Same thing. The entire team played horribly, but it was Alex Smith everyone blamed.

That's the difference. Players have bad games, bad halves. The difference is, people judge Alex Smith on a different level than anyone else.

That's just truth. And come on. If you factor in EVERYTHING with the NFCCG, and can objectively say that the receiving corps didn't factor into it, then I don't want to hear ANY excuses for Kaepernick.

The Giants moved the ball at WILL in the first half of the NFCCG. Carlos Rogers was Victor Cruz's bitch. Still, Alex Smith did nothing to make the game worse. he didn't turn it over, and gave the 49ers the chance to win twice in that game, and turnovers hurt him. But, he is still blamed for 1/13.

But people make excuses for Kaep.

2/9 on 3rd down conversions in the super bowl........

beach tribe
09-02-2013, 10:57 PM

Oh, I give the advantage to Kaep.

What Im saying is that those are not the #s of a QB who sucks. Far from it.

I will also say this too. Kaep has been running an offense that is fairly new to the NFL, and it exposes the QB. Ds are going to catch up, Kaep is gonna take a ton of hits if he stays on pace to run the ball 130 times a season, and you also have your SB loss hangover looming.
The fact that you have come to our board and constantly sucked off your super douche QB, I cant say Im not going to enjoy watching the 9ers disappoint all their ass pirate fans.

9er guy
09-02-2013, 10:58 PM
So I don't have to copy your previous post, ill just quote this one.

Im not debating Alex Vs Kaep. As soon as people understand this isn't Alex Vs Kaep the better off people will be.

Alex Smith didn't turn the ball over. Kaep did. Kaeps turnover in the super bowl led to what was already a horrible half for the entire 49ers team.

The difference is. You can say that it was an entire team thing. Just like the Vikings game last season. The entire team played terribly all game. Christian Ponder looked like Mike Vick. But, all I heard was how badly Alex Smith played.

Fast forward to the Giants 49ers game, same season. Same thing. The entire team played horribly, but it was Alex Smith everyone blamed.

That's the difference. Players have bad games, bad halves. The difference is, people judge Alex Smith on a different level than anyone else.

That's just truth. And come on. If you factor in EVERYTHING with the NFCCG, and can objectively say that the receiving corps didn't factor into it, then I don't want to hear ANY excuses for Kaepernick.

The Giants moved the ball at WILL in the first half of the NFCCG. Carlos Rogers was Victor Cruz's bitch. Still, Alex Smith did nothing to make the game worse. he didn't turn it over, and gave the 49ers the chance to win twice in that game, and turnovers hurt him. But, he is still blamed for 1/13.

But people make excuses for Kaep.

2/9 on 3rd down conversions in the super bowl........

First of all, let's clarify: It's not like Kaep is turnover prone. He made a high throw and it got picked. It didn't lead to points and it was already 14-3. Not the worst thing in the world.

People make excuses for ANY player they like. That's nothing new.

Quarterbacks get all the blame and all the credit. Also nothing new.

The Giants may have moved the ball effectively but the name of the game is points, not yards. I'll take holding a team to 10 points a half no matter how many yards they're gaining.

Did the WR core factor into the Ginats loss? Okay fine, I'll concede that.

But I will say that TWICE KW got behind the defense only to be overthrown in that game. As a QB you have to hit those chances when you get them. ESPECIALLY if you're WR core is struggling.

You're the Quarterback, you're the guy with the amazing QB rating and the off the charts Comp pct. Make a play. Throw a guy open.

Hit a guy further than 7 yards downfield when he does get open.

Again, it's not about just not screwing it up or making the game worse, it's about making plays.

9er guy
09-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Oh, I give the advantage to Kaep.

What Im saying is that those are not the #s of a QB who sucks. Far from it.

I will also say this too. Kaep has been running an offense that is fairly new to the NFL, and it exposes the QB. Ds are going to catch up, Kaep is gonna take a ton of hits if he stays on pace to run the ball 130 times a season, and you also have your SB loss hangover looming.
The fact that you have come to our board and constantly sucked off your super douche QB, I cant say Im not going to enjoy watching the 9ers disappoint all their ass pirate fans.

Whoa Whoa whoa. I've been a solid poster on a variety of topics. I'm not here to suck anything. I think we can all agree the kids a BEAST.

It's not like that's the only formation we run. Kaep still has a live arm, it's not like he has to run to be effective. He's not Tebow.

Are you gonna sit there and say Kaep hasn't improved from traditional sets? You think the pistol is the only thing we practice?

That's the thing, everybody's talking about the pistol. We GASHED teams from traditional sets last year.

You really think he's going to run the ball 130 times this year?

You've still got visions of Todd Haley in your head.

For what it's worth I do hope the Chiefs have a good season.

But let's be honest, you'd give your left nut just to be in a position to have a super bowl hangover.

beach tribe
09-02-2013, 11:11 PM
Look 9er fan and his BF are celebrating a Kaep scramble.
Perfect QB for that fanbase.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh90/bbeal29/original_zps714e93a1.jpg (http://s254.photobucket.com/user/bbeal29/media/original_zps714e93a1.jpg.html)

9er guy
09-02-2013, 11:13 PM
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh90/bbeal29/original_zps714e93a1.jpg (http://s254.photobucket.com/user/bbeal29/media/original_zps714e93a1.jpg.html)

WoW. Ok. Gay people live in San Francisco. We get it.

But again let's be honest. You're jealous because they actually have something to celebrate.

Edit: I think that was the TD run by LMJ they were celebrating. Kaep had 1 scramble in that game. Killed ATL with his arm. Keep thinking he's a one-trick pony.

beach tribe
09-02-2013, 11:16 PM
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh90/bbeal29/images11_zpsbb471141.jpg (http://s254.photobucket.com/user/bbeal29/media/images11_zpsbb471141.jpg.html)
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh90/bbeal29/images12_zpsc97971c6.jpg (http://s254.photobucket.com/user/bbeal29/media/images12_zpsc97971c6.jpg.html)
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh90/bbeal29/images14_zps1a62586b.jpg (http://s254.photobucket.com/user/bbeal29/media/images14_zps1a62586b.jpg.html)
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh90/bbeal29/images13_zps2a50d85c.jpg (http://s254.photobucket.com/user/bbeal29/media/images13_zps2a50d85c.jpg.html)

beach tribe
09-02-2013, 11:18 PM
WoW. Ok. San Fran fans are gay.

But again let's be honest. You're jealous because they actually have something to celebrate.

Edit: I think that was the TD run by LMJ they were celebrating. Kaep had 1 scramble in that game. Killed ATL with his arm. Keep thinking he's a one-trick pony.

You know because you were there.

FYP BTW

9er guy
09-02-2013, 11:18 PM
This is getting pretty weak dude....

beach tribe
09-02-2013, 11:22 PM
Whoa Whoa whoa. I've been a solid poster on a variety of topics. I'm not here to suck anything. I think we can all agree the kids a BEAST.

It's not like that's the only formation we run. Kaep still has a live arm, it's not like he has to run to be effective. He's not Tebow.

Are you gonna sit there and say Kaep hasn't improved from traditional sets? You think the pistol is the only thing we practice?

That's the thing, everybody's talking about the pistol. We GASHED teams from traditional sets last year.

You really think he's going to run the ball 130 times this year?

You've still got visions of Todd Haley in your head.

For what it's worth I do hope the Chiefs have a good season.

But let's be honest, you'd give your left nut just to be in a position to have a super bowl hangover.

#1 He ran the ball 64 times in 7 games, so yeah, I think hes gonna keep doing what works...until he gets killed.
#2 No I do not envy the SB hangover

beach tribe
09-02-2013, 11:25 PM
This is getting pretty weak dude....
Im done with all that.

9er guy
09-02-2013, 11:26 PM
You know because you were there.

http://i.imgur.com/Uf8akgM.gif

beach tribe
09-02-2013, 11:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Uf8akgM.gif

I was just kidding. You were at home paying 50 bucks to watch oiled up men fake fight.

9er guy
09-02-2013, 11:33 PM
I was just kidding. You were at home paying 50 bucks to watch oiled up men fake fight.

50 bucks? C'mon son you know I stream that shit!! The future is now.

ViperVisor
09-03-2013, 12:37 AM
There is now game-tape on Kaepernick and teams have had time to stew on it.

His INT rate is gonna go up. *5 defenders dropped potential picks and Moss broke up 3 INTs as well*

The same thing was predicted and happened to Smith in 2012. The 1% rate is rarely repeated.

But overall Smith was certainly better in 2012. The people who were sure he was a pathetic game manager and his style of play would be stamped out were wrong.

Now this season, When you aren't taking over a team with a 2 Win lead in the division in November it is gonna be tougher.

Does he trust his arm too much and attempt ill-advised Cutler-like chucks?

Does he trust his legs too much and attempt Vick-line improve that puts the football and him at risk?

If the 1st happens the 2nd could follow closely compounding the problem.

Team still has the O-Line and Gore. They will be leaned on heavy just like 2011 and 12. So I don't expect the ball to be in the air a lot.
But if the running game slips due to injury or age, it will have to happen.

Only days away from less chat more splat so we can actually find out.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-03-2013, 12:43 AM
Tattoo Boy will fail

Alex Smiff
09-03-2013, 02:46 AM
If all Alex can do is "Lay Ups" defenses would cheat up and cover the short game and take it away from him. They don't seem to be able to do that. Now if you're going to suggest that other QBs could do what Alex does as effectively as Alex does because they're better QBs...then my question to you is, if defenses can't stop Alex's "Lay ups" why isn't every qb trying to be an improved version of Alex, since it wins games?

Because other QB's are asked to do MORE than Smith is. They don't have the luxury of relying on their top defense and a kicker to win them games. There isn't a single QB that would have anything close to a winning record if they averaged a TD a game. Like I said, if the Chiefs D is not stellar, Alex will struggle. He'll have a nice completion percentage and cute little QB rating...but he won't win games.

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 06:26 AM
Because other QB's are asked to do MORE than Smith is. They don't have the luxury of relying on their top defense and a kicker to win them games. There isn't a single QB that would have anything close to a winning record if they averaged a TD a game. Like I said, if the Chiefs D is not stellar, Alex will struggle. He'll have a nice completion percentage and cute little QB rating...but he won't win games.

That's really lame thinking, dude. You are essentially blaming and faulting Smith for (1) doing what is asked of him.. and (2) taking advantage of his team strengths all for the sake of getting team wins.

If Alex was forced to do more, we simply don't know how he will do.

There is nothing similar enough to elicit a reasonable estimation. We can be silly and go back to examples of our offense under Singletary or Nolan... but that would be an irrelevant joke of a source. Far too many variables and things have changed along the way... and we all know that those offenses were screwed, thanks to terrible offensive handling by the HCs.

We can try and look back to some struggles under Harbaugh.. but Harbaugh and Roman didn't build the 2011 offense up enough to have a plan B for the what-ifs of falling far behind. If you are a 49ers fan, you know it be true. We didn't have the team for it, either.

In 2012, we can look at a 2 games. The vikes game week 3, and the Giants game week 6. Against the Vikes, our offense closed the gap in the 3rd quarter to make the game 17-13. Then our D gave a TD right back to them. We pissed the game away eventually on an intercepted pass to Crabtree... shit happens. Do we even really know for sure Crabtree ran the right route? But if that's on Alex, okay... big deal... one game... shit happens. Against the Giants.. did you know Alex was playing with a busted finger on his throwing hand from the week before against Buffalo? Oh... right... excuses! Quarterbacks don't need fully functional digits on their throwing hand to play well!

Yes, Kaep had ridiculous speed for the backyard-ballin' game. Good for him. Not every QB has that going for them. Guys like Brady and Brees sure don't... but what they do have is a scheme so entrenched that they have a plan B to rely on. Our 49ers offense didn't. It didn't with Smith.. it didn't with Kaep... but Kaep has that rare athleticism to make something out of nothing. Good for him.. but also not fair to fault Smith for lacking.

Red Gorilla
09-03-2013, 07:27 AM
I expect Wilson, Kaepernick, and RGIII to all struggle a little this year. Teams have had time to watch the tape and figure it out.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-03-2013, 09:34 AM
I expect Wilson, Kaepernick, and RGIII to all struggle a little this year. Teams have had time to watch the tape and figure it out.

Best in da league!!!/!! Hootie

9er guy
09-03-2013, 09:44 AM
There is now game-tape on Kaepernick and teams have had time to stew on it.

His INT rate is gonna go up. *5 defenders dropped potential picks and Moss broke up 3 INTs as well*

The same thing was predicted and happened to Smith in 2012. The 1% rate is rarely repeated.

But overall Smith was certainly better in 2012. The people who were sure he was a pathetic game manager and his style of play would be stamped out were wrong.

Now this season, When you aren't taking over a team with a 2 Win lead in the division in November it is gonna be tougher.

Does he trust his arm too much and attempt ill-advised Cutler-like chucks?

Does he trust his legs too much and attempt Vick-line improve that puts the football and him at risk?

If the 1st happens the 2nd could follow closely compounding the problem.

Team still has the O-Line and Gore. They will be leaned on heavy just like 2011 and 12. So I don't expect the ball to be in the air a lot.
But if the running game slips due to injury or age, it will have to happen.

Only days away from less chat more splat so we can actually find out.

The game film argument is kind of a silly one when you think about it.

Every player that's played for more than a year has game film on him. Yet guys perform consistently over the course of a season or career.

Why? Simple. They're watching film too. They're getting better too. The coaches are creating new ways to move the ball.

I don't think a coach as savvy as Harbaugh is going to let everybody rest on their laurels just because we had a good year last year.

And that's the process. That's the part that's going to be fun to watch. The chess match between these read option/pistol coaches and the rest of the league. But I don't think 10 games worth of film is going to lead to some monumental collapse.

The guy throws 60 mph . You can watch all the film you want, there's no way to prepare for his velocity.

Ace Gunner
09-03-2013, 09:57 AM

:LOL:

I'll be surprised if Kaep-boy doesn't throw 12 or more INT's this season.

Hammock Parties
09-03-2013, 10:01 AM
:LOL:

I'll be surprised if Kaep-boy doesn't throw 12 or more INT's this season.

Oh boy, 12 whole INTs. That's really awful when you're racking up gobs of TDs.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-03-2013, 10:23 AM
gobs of fail

Mav
09-03-2013, 11:08 AM
First of all, let's clarify: It's not like Kaep is turnover prone. He made a high throw and it got picked. It didn't lead to points and it was already 14-3. Not the worst thing in the world.

People make excuses for ANY player they like. That's nothing new.

Quarterbacks get all the blame and all the credit. Also nothing new.

The Giants may have moved the ball effectively but the name of the game is points, not yards. I'll take holding a team to 10 points a half no matter how many yards they're gaining.

Did the WR core factor into the Ginats loss? Okay fine, I'll concede that.

But I will say that TWICE KW got behind the defense only to be overthrown in that game. As a QB you have to hit those chances when you get them. ESPECIALLY if you're WR core is struggling.

You're the Quarterback, you're the guy with the amazing QB rating and the off the charts Comp pct. Make a play. Throw a guy open.

Hit a guy further than 7 yards downfield when he does get open.

Again, it's not about just not screwing it up or making the game worse, it's about making plays.

Can we just say it is what it is?

Alex Smith, has never been a down the field passer.

So why is it a surprise that if it wasn't Vernon Davis that he missed them?

Now, factor in everything. The weather. Remember how wet and sloppy and windy it was?

Not excuses. Alex Smith does not have a true deep ball arm, everyone knows that. Factor in his limited work with Kyle Williams as a receiver, factor in the defense he was facing.

is it really that shocking that Alex Smith missed some deep passes?

I wasn't shocked.

I will never say that Alex Smith didn't leave plays on the field, he did. But to EVER be able to place blame on HIM for that game, that's not something I will do.

It was a team failure.

Things we know about Alex Smith prior to the start of this season.

Alex Smith doesn't like to take chances. he throws to open guys. That's why his completion percentage is what it is. That's why his rating is what it is.

Alex Smith has proven to be clutch the past two years. If we can at least agree on that, then I think we can move forward, leave his San Francisco past, in the past, and focus on his Chiefs future.

Kaep is better than Alex, but Alex isn't dog shit. He just wont go out of his comfortability.

Mav
09-03-2013, 11:11 AM

God.....Really?

Lol, So you knew the 49ers defense was going to be elite going into 2011?

You knew that Navarro Bowman was going to be elite? You knew that Aldon Smith was going to be elite? Carlos Rogers was going to have a career year?

You knew all that huh?

The difference is this. The Chiefs have every bit the front 7 save a player of Justin Smiths caliber, and just as good a secondary. now they have a competent d coordinator. How can you say how the Chiefs defense is going to play?

Mav
09-03-2013, 11:12 AM

Wilson isn't going to struggle.

RG3 is going to struggle with not running as much.

Frosty
09-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Wilson isn't going to struggle.

The 'Hawks are having injury issues at WR and TE so Wilson may struggle early until he gets some of those guys back.

Mav
09-03-2013, 11:20 AM
The 'Hawks are having injury issues at WR and TE so Wilson may struggle early until he gets some of those guys back.

Well with their running game he isn't going to be asked to do much either way. They can play small ball because of their defense.

That's why I don't think hes going to struggle. They are going to man handle a lot of teams. I feel bad for Cam Newton. Richard Sherman is going to eat up Steve Smith.

Jakemall
09-03-2013, 11:33 AM

QUOTE]

Not really true. Look at his 2006 year under Turner. Admittedly, that's pre-shoulder injuries.

[QUOTE=Alex Smiff;9934792]Because other QB's are asked to do MORE than Smith is. They don't have the luxury of relying on their top defense and a kicker to win them games. There isn't a single QB that would have anything close to a winning record if they averaged a TD a game. Like I said, if the Chiefs D is not stellar, Alex will struggle. He'll have a nice completion percentage and cute little QB rating...but he won't win games.

Please define "More". Last time I checked every QB in the league has one goal...win games. I'm not going to argue this point with you until you're less vague.

10 years? LOL...you do realize that Alex is 2 years older than Kaep, right?I do agree that Kaep was impressive considering his lack of experience though.

Kaepernick had 23 total TD's last year. Smith has not been able to match that in his entire career while playing more games. Kaepernick is dynamic, Smith is limited. No need to cherry pick stats.

If you want to include the running game, go for it. Let us also include the ability to change the play call at the line of scrimmage which gave Frank Gore an extra yard per carry in comparison and kept the defense off the field which allowed them to play better as well.

Seriously, why is this a Kaep Vs. Alex thread?

duncan_idaho
09-03-2013, 12:41 PM
10 years? LOL...you do realize that Alex is 2 years older than Kaep, right?I do agree that Kaep was impressive considering his lack of experience though.

29-25=2?

Alex Smiff
09-03-2013, 12:49 PM
That's really lame thinking, dude. You are essentially blaming and faulting Smith for (1) doing what is asked of him.. and (2) taking advantage of his team strengths all for the sake of getting team wins.

If Alex was forced to do more, we simply don't know how he will do.

There is nothing similar enough to elicit a reasonable estimation. We can be silly and go back to examples of our offense under Singletary or Nolan... but that would be an irrelevant joke of a source. Far too many variables and things have changed along the way... and we all know that those offenses were screwed, thanks to terrible offensive handling by the HCs.

We can try and look back to some struggles under Harbaugh.. but Harbaugh and Roman didn't build the 2011 offense up enough to have a plan B for the what-ifs of falling far behind. If you are a 49ers fan, you know it be true. We didn't have the team for it, either.

In 2012, we can look at a 2 games. The vikes game week 3, and the Giants game week 6. Against the Vikes, our offense closed the gap in the 3rd quarter to make the game 17-13. Then our D gave a TD right back to them. We pissed the game away eventually on an intercepted pass to Crabtree... shit happens. Do we even really know for sure Crabtree ran the right route? But if that's on Alex, okay... big deal... one game... shit happens. Against the Giants.. did you know Alex was playing with a busted finger on his throwing hand from the week before against Buffalo? Oh... right... excuses! Quarterbacks don't need fully functional digits on their throwing hand to play well!

Yes, Kaep had ridiculous speed for the backyard-ballin' game. Good for him. Not every QB has that going for them. Guys like Brady and Brees sure don't... but what they do have is a scheme so entrenched that they have a plan B to rely on. Our 49ers offense didn't. It didn't with Smith.. it didn't with Kaep... but Kaep has that rare athleticism to make something out of nothing. Good for him.. but also not fair to fault Smith for lacking.

Stop it. Alex Smith's 3rd down conversion rate has nothing to do with what is asked of him. He is a cautious QB and it shows in his game.

I've heard every excuse made as to why Alex does not put up even marginal numbers. I've heard it for 8 years now. Maybe....just maybe he just isn't that kind of QB? I really hope you don't expect Alex to CHANGE and start slinging the ball all over the field. That's not his game. He's limited and he knows that.

Kaep not only has athleticism but he is also better in the pocket. Don't get it twisted. Athleticism is not the reason why Kaep is better than Smith. He is better than Smith in every category. He just doesn't have the experience yet. Smith's efficiency is all about experience so comparing a guy who started just last year to a guy who's been in the league for 8 years is foolish.

Not downing Smith but he is what he is. A limited QB that is good on paper. I feel bad for some of you who are expecting much more than just an efficient player going into this season. Good QB rating, good completion percentage, no wins. Good luck.

Mav
09-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Stop it. Alex Smith's 3rd down conversion rate has nothing to do with what is asked of him. He is a cautious QB and it shows in his game.

I've heard every excuse made as to why Alex does not put up even marginal numbers. I've heard it for 8 years now. Maybe....just maybe he just isn't that kind of QB? I really hope you don't expect Alex to CHANGE and start slinging the ball all over the field. That's not his game. He's limited and he knows that.

Kaep not only has athleticism but he is also better in the pocket. Don't get it twisted. Athleticism is not the reason why Kaep is better than Smith. He is better than Smith in every category. He just doesn't have the experience yet. Smith's efficiency is all about experience so comparing a guy who started just last year to a guy who's been in the league for 8 years is foolish.

Not downing Smith but he is what he is. A limited QB that is good on paper. I feel bad for some of you who are expecting much more than just an efficient player going into this season. Good QB rating, good completion percentage, no wins. Good luck.

Again. Please explain to me how this chiefs team is any different from the 49ers going into 2011?

You prolly were the same troll then predicting that Alex Smith was going to get Jim Harbaugh fired.

You have zero way to predict how things will go. Its not like the Chiefs are devoid of talent. They play in the weaker of the conferences in a crap division.

Sure. No wins could come from that.

Delusion is your best friend.....

Thig Lyfe
09-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Alex Smith has 12 INTs in 5 games in my Madden franchise. Sooooo yeah. He sucks.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2013, 01:17 PM
"Teams have had time to study the tape; it's over now, bitches"!

Please stop with this nonsense.

Jakemall
09-03-2013, 01:35 PM
29-25=2?

November 3, 1987

May 7th 1984

3 years. I'm sorry. I was WAY off.

duncan_idaho
09-03-2013, 02:09 PM
November 3, 1987

May 7th 1984

3 years. I'm sorry. I was WAY off.

You're trying to make a point that Alex Smith is not that much older than Kaep, but there's a big difference in an NFL career between a guy who is 25 (like Kaerpernick) and a guy who is 29 (like Alex Smith).

The way their birthdays fall (and it's 3 years, 6 months and 4 days), Smith will always be 4 years older than Kaerpernick at the start of a new season. That's a pretty significant age gap. It's nearly twice as large as you were making it out to be.

When you miss a number under 10 by 75 percent, yeah, you're pretty far off.

Snapplez
09-03-2013, 02:13 PM
I really hope you don't expect Alex to CHANGE and start slinging the ball all over the field. That's not his game. He's limited and he knows that.

This is easily the most Chiefs thinking ever. "Sure, he's been in the league for years and sucked the whole time...but we can change him!"

Battered wife syndrome at its absolute worst

ptlyon
09-03-2013, 02:15 PM
This is easily the most Chiefs thinking ever. "Sure, he's been in the league for years and sucked the whole time...but we can change him!"

Battered wife syndrome at its absolute worst
POST MOAR

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 02:18 PM
LMAO....Alex fan trying to credit him for wins and ignoring the impact a top 5 defense, running game, and record setting kicker had to do with that.

They must think Tebow deserves a shot somewhere for his WINZZZZZ in 2011.

Red Gorilla
09-03-2013, 02:18 PM
There seems to be this weird misconception of what our offense is going to be like. It's going to be like the early 2000's Philadelphia offense. Not the Vick, Maclin, Jackson downfield attacking offense. McNabb never threw for 4,000 yards.

Why do some think they even plan on changing Alex Smith into a gunslinger? Did Schefter or some other talking head tweet that shit? I don't think that was ever in the cards. Reid had a lot more success when he wasn't slinging it down the field and he was throwing it to Westbrook.

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 02:21 PM
God.....Really?

Lol, So you knew the 49ers defense was going to be elite going into 2011?

You knew that Navarro Bowman was going to be elite? You knew that Aldon Smith was going to be elite? Carlos Rogers was going to have a career year?

You knew all that huh?

The difference is this. The Chiefs have every bit the front 7 save a player of Justin Smiths caliber, and just as good a secondary. now they have a competent d coordinator. How can you say how the Chiefs defense is going to play?

They probably have a top 5 front 7 in the league but the gap with their ILB's and the 49ers ILB's is pretty drastic. And yes, no one at all close to J Smith's ability. Secondary is probably better than SF though.

Here's the thing though.....why are you banking on KC to have a stellar year defensively? Wouldn't you want Alex to prove he can win without a top flight D? Or maybe you realize in your heart he can't overcome a bad/average defense?

Snapplez
09-03-2013, 02:30 PM
POST MOAR

No!

ptlyon
09-03-2013, 02:31 PM
No!

Got ya

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Here's the thing though.....why are you banking on KC to have a stellar year defensively? Wouldn't you want Alex to prove he can win without a top flight D? Or maybe you realize in your heart he can't overcome a bad/average defense?

Mav has to answer for himself, but I don't expect the KC defense to be as stifling as the SF defense... and I don't think it needs to be for Alex.

All along, people have complained about Alex "playing a role", and that is exactly what he did. He (and Harbaugh) recognized the defense and STs for what they were. The real question was, what kind of pass game could we get with the underwhelming receivers and run block oriented OL we had. Roman (OC) said himself that the pass game is what takes the longest to implement and evolve.

So we played things carefully... we fed our star RB... we pitched the ball out on shorter routes to keep defenses remotely honest... and you know what? we won... a lot of games. Why is that some horrific knock on the QB?

We really do not know what Alex can now do, if the D isn't as strong. If Smith is pitching 20+ yarders 30 times a game, then something's very ****ing wrong with the coaching and team around the QB. If Smith is throwing 30-35 passes a game, but 25 of them are in the 0-15 range? I am not worried about his success at all. Charles, Bowe, Fasano, Sherman, Avery should all be very useful on the short and intermediate ranges.

Alex Smiff
09-03-2013, 03:07 PM
If you want to include the running game, go for it. Let us also include the ability to change the play call at the line of scrimmage which gave Frank Gore an extra yard per carry in comparison and kept the defense off the field which allowed them to play better as well.

Seriously, why is this a Kaep Vs. Alex thread?

LOL @ ability to change the play from the line of scrimmage. You can't even quantify that. Alex's 3rd down conversion was terrible...and right around what Kaep's was. You don't have anything to stand on. Kaepernick is a superior QB. Harbaugh felt the same way.

ViperVisor
09-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Alex Smith in 2012
60% of his pass attempts were in the 1st half
That is exceedingly high

Kaepernick
51%

That is because like I have said the 49ers cruised to Wins in 5 of Smith's starts

Smith's 1st Half pass rate was 15.75
That is easy math 31.5 pass attempts full game pace
504 season pace

Griffin the very babied in the 1st half last year
Wilson was right at 50/50

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Kaep is clearly superior. Anyone who would argue otherwise is clearly an agenda-driven dumbass.

ViperVisor
09-03-2013, 03:13 PM
LOL @ ability to change the play from the line of scrimmage. You can't even quantify that. Alex's 3rd down conversion was terrible...and right around what Kaep's was. You don't have anything to stand on. Kaepernick is a superior QB. Harbaugh felt the same way.

Compare 3rd down rate in 2012 after you throw out the attempts with Smith and Kaepernick when the 49ers were winning later in the game.

Kaep is clearly superior. Anyone who would argue otherwise is clearly an agenda-driven dumbass.
Certainly possible but why not let that happen before crowning it.

Alex Smiff
09-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Again. Please explain to me how this chiefs team is any different from the 49ers going into 2011?

You prolly were the same troll then predicting that Alex Smith was going to get Jim Harbaugh fired.

You have zero way to predict how things will go. Its not like the Chiefs are devoid of talent. They play in the weaker of the conferences in a crap division.

Sure. No wins could come from that.

Delusion is your best friend.....

delusion seems to be your best friend because you think Alex was the missing piece to the Chiefs success. You will see very quickly that he's a limited QB. He does not throw the ball all over the field but he will somehow do that this year? He's going to start fitting balls into tight windows downfield? No. That is not his game and if you think things will somehow CHANGE, then YOU are the delusional one.

Also, stop following me around and posting random comments on my reputation. I get it, you're butt hurt.

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 03:18 PM

Dude. Kaep's 3rd down % was even worse than Smith's.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/9/1/4684932/alex-smith-and-the-run-game-alex-smith-and-the-defense-alex-smith-in

A lot of that was just the scheme... rely on your D and STs.

Now Kaep WILL end up bringing more to the game just on his freakish evasion and running... but pace yourself. It is fair to suspect that defenses can figure him out enough to keep him from being amazing to simply good.

Alex Smiff
09-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Compare 3rd down rate in 2012 after you throw out the attempts with Smith and Kaepernick when the 49ers were winning later in the game.

Certainly possible but why not let that happen before crowning it.

Are you cherry picking stats again?

Here's a stat for you.

Year: 2012

4th quarter Efficiency
Kaepernick 98.8 QB Rating
Smith 67.4 QB Rating

Alex Smiff
09-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Dude. Kaep's 3rd down % was even worse than Smith's.

A lot of that was just the scheme... rely on your D and STs.

Now Kaep WILL end up bringing more to the game just on his freakish evasion and running... but pace yourself. It is fair to suspect that defenses can figure him out enough to keep him from being amazing to simply good.

Did I not say Kaep's was just as bad as Smith's? I give Kaep a pass since it was his 1st year as a starter and he was basically thrown into the fire. Smith should have destroyed him in that regard but didn't

Kaepernick will be fine. The thing about him is he's great in the pocket too. He has superior pocket pressence to Smith. I think Kaep will be fine and Smith will be fine as well. I just think Kaep is the better QB.

Jakemall
09-03-2013, 03:33 PM

I see a couple of people have commented on your post in general already, so I won't repeat anything...but...

Pretty sure I pointed out the fact that the RBs averaged nearly a full yard better with Alex under center compared to Kaep.

Kaep clearly has superior talent. Anyone who would argue otherwise is clearly an agenda-driven dumbass.

FYP

You COULD make a fairly strong case that the 9ers might have been better off with Alex for the remainder of the 2012 season. I think Kaep will be a special player, but I don't think he completely eclipsed Alex last season. I think he will this season. If for no other reason than the offensive talent has been improving every year since 2011. What's more is that even if he's just equal to Alex, he has more value to the 9ers because he's 1 younger, 2 cheaper and 3 more charismatic.

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Mav has to answer for himself, but I don't expect the KC defense to be as stifling as the SF defense... and I don't think it needs to be for Alex.

All along, people have complained about Alex "playing a role", and that is exactly what he did. He (and Harbaugh) recognized the defense and STs for what they were. The real question was, what kind of pass game could we get with the underwhelming receivers and run block oriented OL we had. Roman (OC) said himself that the pass game is what takes the longest to implement and evolve.

So we played things carefully... we fed our star RB... we pitched the ball out on shorter routes to keep defenses remotely honest... and you know what? we won... a lot of games. Why is that some horrific knock on the QB?

We really do not know what Alex can now do, if the D isn't as strong. If Smith is pitching 20+ yarders 30 times a game, then something's very ****ing wrong with the coaching and team around the QB. If Smith is throwing 30-35 passes a game, but 25 of them are in the 0-15 range? I am not worried about his success at all. Charles, Bowe, Fasano, Sherman, Avery should all be very useful on the short and intermediate ranges.

That's a load of horseshit, as proven by the drastic change in offensive attack once Kaepernick was the QB. All of a sudden they weren't throwing it to the back anymore and heaving bombs down field to the "sub par receivers".

Jakemall
09-03-2013, 03:36 PM
That's a load of horseshit, as proven by the drastic change in offensive attack once Kaepernick was the QB. All of a sudden we weren't throwing it to the back anymore and heaving bombs down field to our "sub par receivers".

Throwing it to the back? could you please clarify what you mean by this before I dismantle your comment?

Alex Smiff
09-03-2013, 03:37 PM

So why is it a surprise that if it wasn't Vernon Davis that he missed them?

Now, factor in everything. The weather. Remember how wet and sloppy and windy it was?

Not excuses. Alex Smith does not have a true deep ball arm, everyone knows that. Factor in his limited work with Kyle Williams as a receiver, factor in the defense he was facing.

is it really that shocking that Alex Smith missed some deep passes?

I wasn't shocked.

I will never say that Alex Smith didn't leave plays on the field, he did. But to EVER be able to place blame on HIM for that game, that's not something I will do.

It was a team failure.

Things we know about Alex Smith prior to the start of this season.

Alex Smith doesn't like to take chances. he throws to open guys. That's why his completion percentage is what it is. That's why his rating is what it is.

Alex Smith has proven to be clutch the past two years. If we can at least agree on that, then I think we can move forward, leave his San Francisco past, in the past, and focus on his Chiefs future.

Kaep is better than Alex, but Alex isn't dog shit. He just wont go out of his comfortability.

You're making far too many excuses for his play in that game. You are the QB. You are playing for a chance to play for the Super Bowl. MAKE A DAMN PLAY! He was downright atrocious on 3rd down because he was afraid to make a play. Who wants a QB like that? It wasn't his lack of deep ball. It was his inability to even attempt a pass past 5 yards to anyone not named Vernon Davis. I have never seen a QB play that way in such an important game. He was completely fine with throwing the ball away and letting the special teams/defense take over.

He needs to be more agressive and stop playing like a pussy. He plays as if he's afraid of making a mistake. That mentality is holding him back. I hope for Chiefs fans that Andy knocks that out of him or you will be so frustrated watching him leave plays on the field.

Alex Smiff
09-03-2013, 03:39 PM
I see a couple of people have commented on your post in general already, so I won't repeat anything...but...

Pretty sure I pointed out the fact that the RBs averaged nearly a full yard better with Alex under center compared to Kaep.

Maybe losing Kendal Hunter had something to do with that, smart guy? The scheme was different as well.

You're terrible.

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm gonna give it 4 weeks before all these Smith fans start blaming Bowe and the offensive line. LOL.

Alex Smiff
09-03-2013, 03:43 PM
You COULD make a fairly strong case that the 9ers might have been better off with Alex for the remainder of the 2012 season. I think Kaep will be a special player, but I don't think he completely eclipsed Alex last season. I think he will this season. If for no other reason than the offensive talent has been improving every year since 2011. What's more is that even if he's just equal to Alex, he has more value to the 9ers because he's 1 younger, 2 cheaper and 3 more charismatic.

More garbage from you. I can speculate just like you could. If Alex is playing in 2012 we don't even make it past Green Bay and you would be blaming everyone but him for his lackluster performance.

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Throwing it to the back? could you please clarify what you mean by this before I dismantle your comment?

Smith had a 70% completion rate and 7.9 YPA.

Kaepernick had a 62% completion rate and 8.2 YPA.

That tells us that, once Kaepernick took over, the entire passing game changed and the 49ers started throwing it down field a whole lot more, which disproves MacIdiot's assertion that we "played it safe by design due to subpar talent". The fact of the matter is, Kaepernick had balls letting it fly, and Smith did not.

Alex Smiff
09-03-2013, 03:45 PM
I'm gonna give it 4 weeks before all these Smith fans start blaming Bowe and the offensive line. LOL.

I have the excuses ready to go:

1. He needs time to adjust to the playbook
2. Bowe is overrated
3. Charles can't block
4. Reid is not calling the right plays
5. The D isn't good enough
6. His shoulder!

I've seen em all.

ViperVisor
09-03-2013, 03:46 PM
That's a load of horseshit, as proven by the drastic change in offensive attack once Kaepernick was the QB. All of a sudden they weren't throwing it to the back anymore and heaving bombs down field to the "sub par receivers".

That did Not happen.

What are you imagining happened?

More garbage from you. I can speculate just like you could. If Alex is playing in 2012 we don't even make it past Green Bay and you would be blaming everyone but him for his lackluster performance.
The 49ers beat the Packers week 1 in 2012, on the road. With boring, safe play and Alex Smith.

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Maybe losing Kendal Hunter had something to do with that, smart guy? The scheme was different as well.

You're terrible.

He forgot to mention Kaepernick's 6.6 YPR versus Smith's 4.3, and how the read option might just have played a part in QB rushing and RB rushing. I've seen it for 8 years, these clowns are king of the cherrypickers.

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 03:48 PM
That did Not happen.

What are you imagining happened?

Are you fuckin' serious dude?