PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Smith had a 70% completion rate and 7.9 YPA.

Kaepernick had a 62% completion rate and 8.2 YPA.

That tells us that, once Kaepernick took over, the entire passing game changed and the 49ers started throwing it down field a whole lot more, which disproves MacIdiot's assertion that we "played it safe by design due to subpar talent". The fact of the matter is, Kaepernick had balls letting it fly, and Smith did not.

You sure are showing yourself as all emotional over this stuff... how sad is that?

So Kaep has slightly higher YPA and that means he was throwing to his WRs where Smith wasn't? No, not buying that. Alex had his WRs involved just fine last season... but he didn't neglect VD the way Kaep did.

This Kaep vs Smith argument has no real place here, and everyone pretty well spoke highly of Kaep as a QB. So I really don't get what your problem is... and certainly don't get why you are even here. Who are you? From what SF forum did you crawl out from?

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 03:49 PM
I have the excuses ready to go:

1. He needs time to adjust to the playbook
2. Bowe is overrated
3. Charles can't block
4. Reid is not calling the right plays
5. The D isn't good enough
6. His shoulder!

I've seen em all.

Remember how much they whined about Crabtree? Boy, they're gonna HATE Bowe.

kcxiv
09-03-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm gonna give it 4 weeks before all these Smith fans start blaming Bowe and the offensive line. LOL.

That's not gonna happen. Chiefs fans have woken up. If Smith struggle's they will boo his ass. The fans are restless.

I think most fans have finally realized that you need a fucking qb to do any damage in the league.

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 03:50 PM
I have the excuses ready to go:

1. He needs time to adjust to the playbook
2. Bowe is overrated
3. Charles can't block
4. Reid is not calling the right plays
5. The D isn't good enough
6. His shoulder!

I've seen em all.

... and you will see them again for Kaepernick. I already have, and it's from preseason and last season.

Bottom line is that when you like a QB? "excuses" turn into legit causation.

... and when you do not like a QB? legit causation becomes "excuses."

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 03:51 PM
You sure are showing yourself as all emotional over this stuff... how sad is that?

So Kaep has slightly higher YPA and that means he was throwing to his WRs where Smith wasn't? No, not buying that. Alex had his WRs involved just fine last season... but he didn't neglect VD the way Kaep did.

This Kaep vs Smith argument has no real place here, and everyone pretty well spoke highly of Kaep as a QB. So I really don't get what your problem is... and certainly don't get why you are even here. Who are you? From what SF forum did you crawl out from?

Why are you ignoring the point here? The difference in completion percentage and YPA shows a clear difference in how the 49ers attacked defenses through the air. That was the whole point, doofus. Kaepernick threw it deeper, and Smith threw it shorter. What aren't you getting here?

Jakemall
09-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Maybe losing Kendal Hunter had something to do with that, smart guy? The scheme was different as well.

You're terrible.

Yup. Losing Kendal Hunter is the reason that Frank Gore couldn't run as well. Damn good thing the 9ers didn't lose LMJ or he would have disappeared into mediocrity.

I'm sure they installed a completely offense when Kaep took over as opposed to putting in a few new wrinkles.

Sorry, not buying it.

Alex Smiff
That did Not happen.

What are you imagining happened?

The 49ers beat the Packers week 1 in 2012, on the road. With boring, safe play and Alex Smith.

What is your point? Are you saying that because Smith beat them at the beginning of the season that it would have happened in the playoffs? The same playoffs where he had no receivers and no backup RB? The same playoffs where the defense fell apart and was nowhere near as good as they were at the beginning of the season? Try again.

Sandy Vagina
Why are you ignoring the point here? The difference in completion percentage and YPA shows a clear difference in how the 49ers attacked defenses through the air. That was the whole point, doofus. Kaepernick threw it deeper, and Smith threw it shorter. What aren't you getting here?

I think we are done here until you attempt to discuss this like an adult.

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 03:53 PM
What is your point? Are you saying that because Smith beat them at the beginning of the season that it would have happened in the playoffs? The same playoffs where he had no receivers and no backup RB? The same playoffs where the defense fell apart and was nowhere near as good as they were at the beginning of the season? Try again.

Nice excuses. :)

ViperVisor
09-03-2013, 03:54 PM

His bad drop rate was fine and dandy?

espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/95245/crabtree-harvin-and-2009-wr-draft-class[/url]

The drops are cool when you are T.O. but when Crabtree was a mediocre at best #1 2009-2011, not so much.

2012 his drops dropped and was used much more in a better role for him, the slot.

LowExpectations
I think we are done here until you attempt to discuss this like an adult.

No, you are done because you don't have an answer to my point. The 49ers did not "play it safe because of the WR talent", they played it safe because Smith does not take risks like Kaepernick does. Make sense yet?

Alex Smiff
Yup. Losing Kendal Hunter is the reason that Frank Gore couldn't run as well. Damn good thing the 9ers didn't lose LMJ or he would have disappeared into mediocrity.

I'm sure they installed a completely offense when Kaep took over as opposed to putting in a few new wrinkles.

Sorry, not buying it.

Our running game changed with Kendal Hunter being out. It also changed when we started running the option.

All you do is look at numbers that align with your distorted view of Smith and run with them. Instead of looking at them in context like most sane, intelligent people do.

We're comparing which QB's are better and you're talking about the running game. It shows just how far off you are in this argument.

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 03:55 PM

espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/95245/crabtree-harvin-and-2009-wr-draft-class[/url]

The drops are cool when you are T.O. but when Crabtree was a mediocre at best #1 2009-2011, not so much.

2012 his drops dropped and was used much more in a better role for him, the slot.

Uh huh. What are Bowe's drop rates as of late?

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 03:56 PM

To add to that, a few years ago, Crabtree was not only dropping passes... he was volley-tipping them up so the defense could snatch up INTs. Ran the wrong routes... rarely made himself available when a play broke down. Dude had issues, and it was all because he thought he was too good to practice with the team prior to September.

Alex Smiff
09-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Nice excuses. :)

Excuses? It's the truth.

Kaep's performance last year eclipsed Smith's career.

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Our running game changed with Kendal Hunter being out. It also changed when we started running the option.

All you do is look at numbers that align with your distorted view of Smith and run with them. Instead of looking at them in context like most sane, intelligent people do.

We're comparing which QB's are better and you're talking about the running game. It shows just how far off you are in this argument.

LMAO

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Excuses? It's the truth.

Kaep's performance last year eclipsed Smith's career.

Like I stated moments ago:

LowExpectations
To add to that, a few years ago, Crabtree was not only dropping passes... he was volley-tipping them up so the defense could snatch up INTs. Ran the wrong routes... rarely made himself available when a play broke down. Dude had issues, and it was all because he thought he was too good to practice with the team prior to September.

Are you OldMan9er from webzone? It would explain a lot. Maybe dj43?

Jakemall

I could say you're doing the same thing with the stats. I haven't done much cherry picking imo.

Yes, I'm talking about the running game. I'm sorry you don't understand how it relates to the QB...especially on a team that was relying the the Qb's presnap reads.

Smith had a 70% completion rate and 7.9 YPA.

Kaepernick had a 62% completion rate and 8.2 YPA.

That tells us that, once Kaepernick took over, the entire passing game changed and the 49ers started throwing it down field a whole lot more, which disproves MacIdiot's assertion that we "played it safe by design due to subpar talent". The fact of the matter is, Kaepernick had balls letting it fly, and Smith did not.

What it tells us is that Kaep was not as consistent at getting completions but still averaged more yards per attempt than Alex by an ever so slight margin. It doesn't tell us if that was a result of YAC or deeper throws. Now based on what I saw, I'd agree he did throw deeper. That is a completely different thing than "throwing to his backs" which by the way, Kaep did more than Alex did.

More garbage from you. I can speculate just like you could. If Alex is playing in 2012 we don't even make it past Green Bay and you would be blaming everyone but him for his lackluster performance.

Yeah, cuz Alex couldn't beat GB the first time around in their house, right?

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 04:00 PM

If you don't think a QB has an important and direct impact on the run game, then I don't know what to tell you. Being able to read the D pre-snap and put the offense in the best situation for success each play? Yeah... that's kind of significant. ;)

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 04:01 PM

show me yours and I will show you mine...

you are?

Jakemall

If you dislike Alex so much, why are you here?

duncan_idaho
That's not gonna happen. Chiefs fans have woken up. If Smith struggle's they will boo his ass. The fans are restless.

I think most fans have finally realized that you need a ****ing qb to do any damage in the league.

I have much less faith in this outcome than you do.

Most Chiefs fans will make excuses for Alex for AT LEAST next season. He would have to hold KC back next season and at the start of 2014 before average KC fan gives up on him.

It is crazy how strong the cult of Alex Smith is. You see about a dozen of Mavericks and Macs on each ESPN article about him (Including one from a few days ago in which Teicher posits that Chiefs fans should NOT expect him to be more than he has been the past two years).

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 04:07 PM
[QUOTE=Jakemall;9935700

What it tells us is that Kaep was not as consistent at getting completions but still averaged more yards per attempt than Alex by an ever so slight margin. It doesn't tell us if that was a result of YAC or deeper throws. Now based on what I saw, I'd agree he did throw deeper. That is a completely different thing than "throwing to his backs" which by the way, Kaep did more than Alex did.

[/QUOTE]

Alex Smith received more YAC on a per completion basis than Kaepernick did, so sorry.

This isn't a Kaep vs Alex on the whole thing(I can do that later). This is a "Mac9er loves talking out his ass" thing. The minute a new QB started playing for the 49ers, they went vertical a whole lot more with the same talent. So no, Harbaugh did not "play it safe" because of sub par WR talent.

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 04:08 PM
If you dislike Alex so much, why are you here?

To inform Chiefs fans of all the pending excuses and other chiefs player bashing the AS cult dishes out.

How about you? Why are you here?

duncan_idaho
09-03-2013, 04:08 PM

Kaepernick and Smith both threw 218 passes for the 49ers last year. It is easily observable and quantified that Kaep threw downfield far more often than Smith.

Kaepernick threw nearly twice as many (82.4 percent more) passes 21+ yards downfield than Smith did. There's no way around it. San Fran threw deep MORE often with Kaepernick. By a lot.

Jakemall
09-03-2013, 04:11 PM
To inform Chiefs fans of all the pending excuses and other chiefs player bashing the AS cult dishes out.

How about you? Why are you here?

To enjoy watching Alex play. I think he'll do well here.

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 04:12 PM
^ so Alex was .625 in the RZ (15th in the league)
... and Kaep was .419 (29th)

Kaep essentially HAD to make more downfield throws because our defense was hurting and giving up more points and yards.

edit: add to that, a backyard balling QB that scrambles around like a sprayed roach is going to shake up a secondary and be able to pitch shit up deep. This helps them mask that they can't quite read initial defenses all that well.

see: Cam Newton

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 04:13 PM
To enjoy watching Alex play. I think he'll do well here.

So you're a fan of the name on the back of the jersey, not the jersey. Ah, gotcha.

Mav
09-03-2013, 04:14 PM
They probably have a top 5 front 7 in the league but the gap with their ILB's and the 49ers ILB's is pretty drastic. And yes, no one at all close to J Smith's ability. Secondary is probably better than SF though.

Here's the thing though.....why are you banking on KC to have a stellar year defensively? Wouldn't you want Alex to prove he can win without a top flight D? Or maybe you realize in your heart he can't overcome a bad/average defense?
Uh, no? I don't have an ego like that. I have never claimed that Alex Smith has the talent of Kaep, or Luck, or any of the top qbs. Alex Smith is at his best, when he is handing it off, and throwing it short. You are new here, im an Alex Smith guy, but im not "THAT ALEX SMITH GUY"
delusion seems to be your best friend because you think Alex was the missing piece to the Chiefs success. You will see very quickly that he's a limited QB. He does not throw the ball all over the field but he will somehow do that this year? He's going to start fitting balls into tight windows downfield? No. That is not his game and if you think things will somehow CHANGE, then YOU are the delusional one.

Also, stop following me around and posting random comments on my reputation. I get it, you're butt hurt.

Why yes. I do think that Alex Smith can be a PIECE of the Chiefs missing success. Clearly, you don't know shit about the Chiefs and what their problem was last year. How about a team that turned the ball over 37 times? Can Alex Smith not do that? Can he not hand the ball off, and make short accurate throws and not allow a defense that would seem to be on the trend up to do what they do, allow their punter Colquitt to pin people deep, and rely on the running game?

I feel as if I have seen this story before.

It seemed to work out last time for Alex Smith.

Hmmmmmmm......

And im delusional. Stop Crying about your rep homo.

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 04:15 PM
^ so Alex was .625 in the RZ (15th in the league)
... and Kaep was .419 (29th)

Kaep essentially HAD to make more downfield throws because our defense was hurting and giving up more points and yards.

:LOL:

Yeah, like that NE game, when he threw those 3 strikes to Walker, Crabtree, and Moss in the 1st half to make it 31-3. All those yardzzzzz and pointzzzz the defense gave up in that 1st half!

This is getting to comical levels. OldMan, you don't really believe this horseshit do you?

Jakemall
09-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Alex Smith received more YAC on a per completion basis than Kaepernick did, so sorry.

This isn't a Kaep vs Alex on the whole thing(I can do that later). This is a "Mac9er loves talking out his ass" thing. The minute a new QB started playing for the 49ers, they went vertical a whole lot more with the same talent. So no, Harbaugh did not "play it safe" because of sub par WR talent.

Are you sure about the YAC thing? I seem to remember a lot of the pro-Kaep people point to Kaep's improved yac as a way of saying that Kaep had better placement on the ball so that the recievers could get more yards after the catch.

Kaepernick and Smith both threw 218 passes for the 49ers last year. It is easily observable and quantified that Kaep threw downfield far more often than Smith.

Kaepernick threw nearly twice as many (82.4 percent more) passes 21+ yards downfield than Smith did. There's no way around it. San Fran threw deep MORE often with Kaepernick. By a lot.

I didn't disagree. I said that he had thrown deeper. What I said is that the stats he listed don't say that by themselves. More, my comments were related to his post re: throwing to the backs. He tried to take it a different direction.

Mav
So you're a fan of the name on the back of the jersey, not the jersey. Ah, gotcha.

So if I may. If you are a fan of the JERSEY, but you are not a Chiefs fan, then why are you here?

ill readily admit im here because of Alex Smith. I like the guy. im a niner fan though, but I came here because every time alex is brought up it turns into an alex smith bash thread.

Well, that really hasn't changed, but this board is awesome. So other than to troll, and to warn all the good chiefs fans about how bad alex smith sucks, why are you here?

Sandy Vagina

Yeah, like that NE game, when he threw those 3 strikes to Walker, Crabtree, and Moss in the 1st half to make it 31-3. All those yardzzzzz and pointzzzz the defense gave up in that 1st half!

This is getting to comical levels. OldMan, you don't really believe this horseshit do you?

You too big a pussy to tell me who you are? How very pathetic.

Mav
09-03-2013, 04:17 PM

Oh cool. Can we talk about the game the next weekend?

Alex Smiff
09-03-2013, 04:17 PM

Yep. He'll follow Alex to his next team.

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Are you sure about the YAC thing? I seem to remember a lot of the pro-Kaep people point to Kaep's improved yac as a way of saying that Kaep had better placement on the ball so that the recievers could get more yards after the catch.

I didn't disagree. I said that he had thrown deeper. What I said is that the stats he listed don't say that by themselves. More, my comments were related to his post re: throwing to the backs. He tried to take it a different direction.

The backs thing was not the crux of my point, it was an (admittedly) poor adjective used to describe Smith's style of play versus Kaepernick's.

Now answer me this, did Harbaugh baby Smith and hold Alex back? Because that's the gist I get from MacOldManSmithFan, and I think it's a load of crap, seeing as how Alex would be someone's backup right now if it wasn't for Harbaugh.

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 04:20 PM

... and why should that bother you? He is still very much a 49ers fan.

Yet here you are... someone who doesn't like Alex, and you are here in a KC forum... following the very player you don't like? That's truly pathetic. WE have a real reason to check in on the Chiefs and appreciate what they are building. You come in here because you despise Alex yet can't let him go?

:doh!:

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 04:20 PM
You too big a pussy to tell me who you are? How very pathetic.

Now you're gettin mad. No webzone mods to protect you though.

Mav
09-03-2013, 04:21 PM
The backs thing was not the crux of my point, it was an (admittedly) poor adjective used to describe Smith's style of play versus Kaepernick's.

Now answer me this, did Harbaugh baby Smith and hold Alex back? Because that's the gist I get from MacOldManSmithFan, and I think it's a load of crap, seeing as how Alex would be someone's backup right now if it wasn't for Harbaugh.

Whoaaaaa.....

Without Harbs, would KAEP be Kaep right now?

That might be the funniest thing I have read. We all know that Jim has molded Kaep into the player he is. Not to say Kaep couldn't of made it somewhere else, but do you really think KAEP could of made it under SINGLETARY?

Come on now......

Jakemall
09-03-2013, 04:21 PM

Well...if we're gonna sling names, you've as much as admitted that you came here to be a Troll...

but to answer your question, I've been watching football since well before the Salary cap. So it used to be, when you were attached to a team, you were attached to all of their key players.

So yes, I'm still a fan of Alex Smith. Just like I was a fan of Montana, Grbac, Bono, Rice, Craig, Lott, Haley (broke my heart), Garcia, and Owens when they left.

Hell I even rooted for Tim Rattay when he left.

Mav
09-03-2013, 04:22 PM

you mean like you did following Alex here to a chiefs board?

Whats the matter, the mods not letting you bash alex anymore on the 49ers board?

Sandy Vagina
Now you're gettin mad. No webzone mods to protect you though.

Actually no.. just pointing out your pussification. That you can't even own up to who you are... a still rather anonymous username somewhere else... and still too big of a vagina to stand up. :harumph:

LowExpectations

LOL, true, although the silver lining for Chiefs fans is that they won't be posting here in 1-2 years

Mav
09-03-2013, 04:23 PM
LOL, true, although the silver lining for Chiefs fans is that they won't be posting here in 1-2 years

I dunno about that. The way Andy loves him some Alex?

Pffff....

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Whoaaaaa.....

Without Harbs, would KAEP be Kaep right now?

That might be the funniest thing I have read. We all know that Jim has molded Kaep into the player he is. Not to say Kaep couldn't of made it somewhere else, but do you really think KAEP could of made it under SINGLETARY?

Come on now......

Let's go back further. If Kaepernick had Mike Mccarthy as an offensive coordinator, Norv Turner, Mike Martz? Yes he would have made it.

GoChargers
09-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Stop Crying about your rep homo.

Almost red, keep it coming turds.....Come on. You can do it.....

I know most of you neg repping me are ignored, but seriously spread some rep around to your other retards and then REP AWAY....LETSSSSS GO....

RED RED RED RED

THERE IT IS. GOOD LITTLE HOMOS.....GOOD JOB!!!!!

ROFL

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Actually no.. just pointing out your pussification. That you can't even own up to who you are... a still rather anonymous username somewhere else... and still too big of a vagina to stand up. :harumph:

I didn't really post on webzone. It was a cesspool of homers and morons like yourself. It was a good place to read when you needed a laugh though, and people like you and DJ kind of stand out with your blatant idiocy.

Does DJ still think Tony Moeaki is better than Vernon Davis? LMAO

Mav
09-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Let's go back further. If Kaepernick had Mike Mccarthy as an offensive coordinator, Norv Turner, Mike Martz? Yes he would have made it.

No he wouldn't of. No way in hell. Wanna know why? The dictators that was Nolan.

Kaep is special because of where he is, and who was around him. What, you don't think that he needed the year and a half he got to sit and to learn?

I love Kaep the player as much as anyone, but there was no way he was ready to go season one, just like Alex Smith wasn't ready but he was forced, and then buried by Nolan.

No qb was going to survive under the circumstances.

The non existent talent on the offense, the constant changing of OC's, the dictator Nolan who really didn't care about offense.

Kaep is where he is today because Harbs, Roman, Alex, Geep all took him and molded him.

Kaep is a hell of a talent, but without the proper coaching, and guidance, you become NEWTON. All the talent in the world that wont be realized because the jackasses around you don't have a clue.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Never mind the mods; can we just call a fucking exterminator at this point?

Sandy Vagina
I didn't really post on webzone. It was a cesspool of homers and morons like yourself. It was a good place to read when you needed a laugh though, and people like you and DJ kind of stand out with your blatant idiocy.

Does DJ still think Tony Moeaki is better than Vernon Davis? LMAO

Where did you post, and what was your username? or you still insist on hiding like a little bitch.. gutless coward.

Mav
ROFL

Why am I such an addiction to you?

Wanna be friends?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2013, 04:31 PM
I think "Lowered Expectations" is a good theme for Axl.

Jakemall

Let's add that offensive line and lack of WRs..oh and make sure that each of those OCs change each year and let's add a new offense each time while we're at it.

Sheesh.

Mav
Never mind the mods; can we just call a ****ing exterminator at this point?

LOL This is quite amusing. its like a bunch of little trolls decided, welp, today is the day.......

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 04:32 PM
No he wouldn't of. No way in hell. Wanna know why? The dictators that was Nolan.

Kaep is special because of where he is, and who was around him. What, you don't think that he needed the year and a half he got to sit and to learn?

I love Kaep the player as much as anyone, but there was no way he was ready to go season one, just like Alex Smith wasn't ready but he was forced, and then buried by Nolan.

No qb was going to survive under the circumstances.

The non existent talent on the offense, the constant changing of OC's, the dictator Nolan who really didn't care about offense.

Kaep is where he is today because Harbs, Roman, Alex, Geep all took him and molded him.

Kaep is a hell of a talent, but without the proper coaching, and guidance, you become NEWTON. All the talent in the world that wont be realized because the jackasses around you don't have a clue.

Nolan was a defensive guy. A bad head coach, sure, but he didn't have anything to do with Alex Smith's development. Those 3 coaches listed did, and they are all 3 of the best offensive minds the game has seen.

The excuses are getting out of control now.

Mav
I think "Lowered Expectations" is a good theme for Axl.

How can the expectations get any lower?

He is suddenly going to throw less? Or not at all?

Sandy Vagina

Yes, he is. Even from Kaep, he will tell us that Alex was a big part of his offensive development.

Kaep has the advantage of evasion and running around that assists his lack of experience. That's a huge advantage for a young QB. He can learn as he goes by running around and chucking shit up. Good for the Niners... good for me. Many of the very best in history don't get that advantage.

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Let's add that offensive line and lack of WRs..oh and make sure that each of those OCs change each year and let's add a new offense each time while we're at it.

Sheesh.

The same offensive line that paved the way for Gore's best season, and the WR's that included Antonio Bryant and Brandon Lloyd, 2 WR's that went on to have 1,000 yard seasons after they left Smith.

Sheesh indeed.

Mav
09-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Nolan was a defensive guy. A bad head coach, sure, but he didn't have anything to do with Alex Smith's development. Those 3 coaches listed did, and they are all 3 of the best offensive minds the game has seen.

The excuses that a Rookie qb had 4 different OC's his first four years in the league?

That's an excuse?

Im sure that Kaep could of survived that. we are done here. You are delusional. Nothing but a troll come here to stir shit up. I was trying to talk legitimate football.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2013, 04:34 PM
AIDS

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 04:34 PM

Now THAT is horrifically straight bullshit! Nolan stuck his paws and his mentality into every piece of the Niners puzzle. He wanted his QB to do exactly what he wanted... most people know this as fact by now, and especially any SF fans with a brain.

Mav
09-03-2013, 04:35 PM
The same offensive line that paved the way for Gore's best season, and the WR's that included Antonio Bryant and Brandon Lloyd, 2 WR's that went on to have 1,000 yard seasons after they left Smith.

Sheesh indeed.

Norv leaving, is what hurt Alex Smiths chances the most. He was perfect for that kind of system.

It just got worse from there.

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 04:35 PM
The excuses that a Rookie qb had 4 different OC's his first four years in the league?

That's an excuse?

Im sure that Kaep could of survived that. we are done here. You are delusional. Nothing but a troll come here to stir shit up. I was trying to talk legitimate football.

Poor Jason Campbell. He was bound for greatness but all those dang new OC's prevented it!

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Norv leaving, is what hurt Alex Smiths chances the most. He was perfect for that kind of system.

It just got worse from there.

Can anyone say the name Jim Hostler with a straight face? :doh!:

Jakemall

Sheesh indeed.

LOL, nice bunch of half truths there. I'm not gonna bother.

LowExpectations
Now THAT is horrifically straight bullshit! Nolan stuck his paws and his mentality into every piece of the Niners puzzle. He wanted his QB to do exactly what he wanted... most people know this as fact by now, and especially any SF fans with a brain.

Nope. Just an excuse. Turner and McCarthy ran their own offenses. Only when it was Hostler did Nolan try to meddle.

Sandy Vagina
Poor Jason Campbell. He was bound for greatness but all those dang new OC's prevented it!

You are only strengthening his point. :thumb:

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 04:37 PM
LOL, nice bunch of half truths there. I'm not gonna bother.

Half truth's? Those are all true statements.

Sandy Vagina
Nope. Just an excuse. Turner and McCarthy ran their own offenses. Only when it was Hostler did Nolan try to meddle.

Then you truly don't know shit about the Nolan years... or choose to be ignorant to fit your agenda. Pathetic.

LowExpectations
You are only strengthening his point. :thumb:

Funny how Jason Campbell doesn't have an army of fans though.

Mav
09-03-2013, 04:38 PM

LOL, you think that has nothing to do with it at all?

You think that Aaron Rodgers having the same system, Tom Brady having the same SYSTEM Peyton manning having the same system their entire careers mean nothing?

Even Aaron Rodgers, you know, 49ers fans love child admitted that Alex Smith having to suffer through all that change would be tough on anyone.

Lol, but you know more than Rodgers right?

Trolls are fun. Look guy. I don't expect Alex Smith to do anything different than he did the last two years. I believe the Chiefs team around Alex Smith is good enough especially with Jamaal Charles to hand off an check down to that Alex can help enough to get the Chiefs to 10 wins.

Top 15 qb? maybe 16 if hes lucky.

But 49ers fans lack of understanding, and just how important that having Jed York, Trent Baalke, and Jim Harbs to run the show. Is comically baffling.

Mav
09-03-2013, 04:39 PM

LOL. McCarthy ran his own SYSTEM?

Have you watched ONE single Green Bay game EVER?

Does anything San Francisco was running that year look ANYTHING like what McCarthy runs?

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 04:39 PM

Nolan brought in help for Hostler AFTER the Alex shoulder separation... and adding in Tollner ended up helping the offense and Shaun Hill. You really are quite clueless of your alleged team. :harumph:

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Funny how Jason Campbell doesn't have an army of fans though.

Did Campbell suddenly become a top 10 quarterback in efficiency and lead his team to a Kyle fumble from the SB? and then follow that up with a 6-2 record as the top QB in efficiency?

Oh my... we have a special kind of stupid here today.

Mav
09-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Nolan brought in help for Hostler AFTER the Alex shoulder separation... and adding in Tollner ended up helping the offense and Shaun Hill. You really are quite clueless of your alleged team. :harumph:

No. No he isn't. Hes just one of those delusional turds who thinks that even if everything else is a mess, that a stud qb can fix it all.

He truly believes that if Kaep was with Nolan, that Kaep would be Kaep.

That's all I needed to know.

Kaep is Kaep because of the vision of Roman, Harbs, Chryst and the support he got from Alex Smith.

Kaep was rumored to be being drafted by the Raiders, that's why we traded up to get him.

There isn't a 49er fan on the planet, not matter how die hard they are, that could say that Kaep would be Kaep right now in Oakland. No way in HELL.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Sweet God this conversation is boring me to tears.

LowExpectations
LOL. McCarthy ran his own SYSTEM?

Have you watched ONE single Green Bay game EVER?

Does anything San Francisco was running that year look ANYTHING like what McCarthy runs?

Did he have the same QB, shit for brains? Jesus.

Sandy Vagina
No. No he isn't. Hes just one of those delusional turds who thinks that even if everything else is a mess, that a stud qb can fix it all.

He truly believes that if Kaep was with Nolan, that Kaep would be Kaep.

That's all I needed to know.

Kaep is Kaep because of the vision of Roman, Harbs, Chryst and the support he got from Alex Smith.

Kaep was rumored to be being drafted by the Raiders, that's why we traded up to get him.

There isn't a 49er fan on the planet, not matter how die hard they are, that could say that Kaep would be Kaep right now in Oakland. No way in HELL.

Well. He is also Kaep because of that rare speed and chuck the ball backyard ballin' he can do. That helps immeasurably for a QB in his development years.

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Sweet God this conversation is boring me to tears.

... and yet you force yourself to read it? Hey, that's on you, sweet pussy hate. :thumb:

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Go ahead and look at Drew Brees first year in Sean Payton's offense. Oh noez, but it was a new system!

Only does high intelligence Alex need 4 straight years of the same playbook. I thought this guy was smart, anyways?

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Go ahead and look at Drew Brees first year in Sean Payton's offense. Oh noez, but it was a new system!

Only does high intelligence Alex need 4 straight years of the same playbook. I thought this guy was smart, anyways?

That is one valid example... but it's bound to be rare.

Sweet Daddy Hate
... and yet you force yourself to read it? Hey, that's on you, sweet pussy hate. :thumb:

I'm hoping one of you will spontaneously combust.

Mav
Did he have the same QB, shit for brains? Jesus.

HAHAHAHAHA. Got ya bitch. McCarthy was one of the main forces that wanted Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers......

Second, the system doesn't change with McCarthy. McCarthy even when he was the oc for the Saints before he became the OC for the niners, ran the SAME TYPE OF SYSTEM with Aaron Brooks.

You are clearly out of your league here. Now you are having to result to insults so I have got you mad. Which is cool. I like it. I know that I have shoveled shit in your face and Im loving it.

Move along troll. McCarthy ran what Nolan wanted to run which was a power run game. That's what they ran. No creativity no open sets. All basic boring sets focusing on the run game.

Game set, MATCH.

You don't know what the hell you are talking about. You are just a troll, and you cant even troll correctly.

be gone

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2013, 04:48 PM

:LOL:Pwned.

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm hoping one of you will spontaneously combust.

No. I think you were feeling left out and just needed some attention. Maybe you should make another worthless "look at me!" thread to feel good about yourself? ;)

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 04:49 PM

What about all the rookie QB's who have outperformed Smith's career? They're all learning new offenses year 1. Jeebus, this isn't that hard.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2013, 04:49 PM
No. I think you were feeling left out and just needed some attention. Maybe you should make another worthless "look at me!" thread to feel good about yourself? ;)

"You must spread some reputation around before fisting Mac-Niners again"

:cuss:

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 04:50 PM
What about all the rookie QB's who have outperformed Smith's career? They're all learning new offenses year 1. Jeebus, this isn't that hard.

go back to my remarkable athleticism and chuck-n-duck backyard balling posts in the last few pages if you are still struggling to understand.

Mav
09-03-2013, 04:51 PM

You mean the same system he was running in San Diego you moron?

****ing idiot. In 2005 Drew Brees ran the Cam Cameron system. Who he learned from under NORV TURNER, who also mentored SEAN PAYTON.

They run the same ****ing system you schmuck.....

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 04:51 PM
HAHAHAHAHA. Got ya bitch. McCarthy was one of the main forces that wanted Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers......

Second, the system doesn't change with McCarthy. McCarthy even when he was the oc for the Saints before he became the OC for the niners, ran the SAME TYPE OF SYSTEM with Aaron Brooks.

You are clearly out of your league here. Now you are having to result to insults so I have got you mad. Which is cool. I like it. I know that I have shoveled shit in your face and Im loving it.

Move along troll. McCarthy ran what Nolan wanted to run which was a power run game. That's what they ran. No creativity no open sets. All basic boring sets focusing on the run game.

Game set, MATCH.

You don't know what the hell you are talking about. You are just a troll, and you cant even troll correctly.

be gone

You do know who Bill Walsh wanted instead of Montana in that draft, right? An off pre-draft evaluation doesn't mean shit.

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 04:52 PM
"You must spread some reputation around before fisting Mac-Niners again"

:cuss:

You really haven't figured this out yet? I'll help you. I enjoy getting your neg reps every day. It just shows me that (1) you put value in something so moronic and juvenile as a rep bar.. and (2) I really get to you and make you feel... less.

9er guy
09-03-2013, 04:52 PM
10 years? LOL...you do realize that Alex is 2 years older than Kaep, right?I do agree that Kaep was impressive considering his lack of experience though.
[/B]

I didn't say ten years more experience. I was just talking about Alex's run as a pro. Remember, he was drafted at 19.

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 04:53 PM

****ing idiot. In 2005 Drew Brees ran the Cam Cameron system. Who he learned from under NORV TURNER, who also mentored SEAN PAYTON.

Thanks. I actually just learned something here. :thumb:

Mav
09-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Okay. Well now this is becoming too much for me. Im out.

What I have learned today. The players coming out today, are no different than players coming out in 2005.

When it is a known fact that college qbs are being better coached now days, and the NFL is shifting more towards a college style spread attack. But yet, Alex Smith should be the same over and over.

And SDH. If you are positive repping these turds right now, they are going to be the same assholes calling Geno Smith a bust when he struggles in NEW YORK.

Careful with the friends you keep bro.

Sweet Daddy Hate
You really haven't figured this out yet? I'll help you. I enjoy getting your neg reps every day. It just shows me that (1) you put value in something so moronic and juvenile as a rep bar.. and (2) I really get to you and make you feel... less.m

Let me tell you something that YOU haven't figured out:

Your and idiot. No one loves you, values you, or gives two flying fucks about a thing you post. You are in fact, a non-entity here.

The sooner you leave, the better.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Thanks. I actually just learned something here. :thumb:

How to wipe your own ass?

Then it was a good day!

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 04:55 PM

****ing idiot. In 2005 Drew Brees fan the Cam Cameron system. Who he learned from under NORV TURNER, who also mentored SEAN PAYTON.

Sean Payton ran a very different offense in NO than Turner ever did though.

From a simple wiki search:

From 1997 to 1998, Sean Payton was quarterbacks coach for the Philadelphia Eagles and worked with offensive coordinator Jon Gruden and offensive line coach Bill Callahan. In 1998, Gruden and Callahan left for the Oakland Raiders, and Eagles head coach Ray Rhodes and Payton were fired.[17] The Eagles' quarterbacks passed for 4,009 yards in 1997.[18]

Truth is, Payton had a lot of different influence over the years. That's why his system was/is so unique.

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Let me tell you something that YOU haven't figured out:

Your and idiot. No one loves you, values you, or gives two flying ****s about a thing you post. You are in fact, a non-entity here.

The sooner you leave, the better.

Boo Hoo?

Damn, I really got you all shaken up and flailing right now. :)

the Talking Can
the most aids infested thread in planet history

if you judge a QB by his fans, Smith is the worst

Mav
You do know who Bill Walsh wanted instead of Montana in that draft, right? An off pre-draft evaluation doesn't mean shit.

I also know that Bill Walsh considered trading Joe Montana for Elway.

The point is, that coaching is every bit as important, as the player themselves.

There are rare players like an Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, who could survive in just about any system. But without proper coaching, you go from being a perennial playoff team, to looking like what the Saints looked like last year.

The fact that you wont acknowledge just how much Jim Harbaugh, Vic Fangio, and Greg Roman have meant to the 49ers, says everything I need to know.

Good day, SIR.

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 04:57 PM
go back to my remarkable athleticism and chuck-n-duck backyard balling posts in the last few pages if you are still struggling to understand.

Flacco and Ryan are backyard ballers?

Mav
09-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Sean Payton ran a very different offense in NO than Turner ever did though.

From a simple wiki search:

Truth is, Payton had a lot of different influence over the years. That's why his system was/is so unique.

The sean payton offense is almost IDENTICAL to the Cam Cameron offense.

They both are off of the Norv Turner air Coryell system. No two systems are exactly the same, but the principles sure are.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2013, 04:59 PM

It's truly worse than the day the Patriot Way came to town. Just god-awful.

Snapplez
09-03-2013, 04:59 PM

You can judge him by his play to know that.

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 05:01 PM

They both are off of the Norv Turner air Coryell system. No two systems are exactly the same, but the principles sure are.

Identical? HAHAHAHAHA. Have you watched football son? That might be the dumbest post I've ever seen.

Sean Payton has plenty of WCO concepts in his bag of tricks. Because, you know, he was a QB coach under Jon Gruden in Philly.

You're an idiot of epic proportions.

SAUTO
09-03-2013, 05:02 PM

This. Its a fucking crazy situation we are in here with these Fucks...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2013, 05:03 PM
This. Its a fucking crazy situation we are in here with these Fucks...
Posted via Mobile Device

These fuckers need the Discipline Stick:

http://www.foxhallmilitaria.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Royal-Flying-Corps-Swagger-Stick-Cane-3.jpg

BigBeauford
09-03-2013, 05:10 PM
These ****ers need the DisciprineStick:

http://www.foxhallmilitaria.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Royal-Flying-Corps-Swagger-Stick-Cane-3.jpg
FYP

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2013, 05:11 PM
FYP

LMAO Sankyou.

Kaepernick
09-03-2013, 05:49 PM
So, what's new in the CP 49ers Lounge?

ViperVisor
09-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Alex Smith needed to learn the basics of the NFL when he started.

He was very young and raw. He was baptized by fire vs the Colts defense at their best.

His 2nd year is actually a top 10 year all time by a 22yo QB even though it was a rating of 74.8
static3.businessinsider.com/image/4d215bb749e2aea957290000/josh-freeman.jpg

He is not the athlete that Newton or Griffin are that a coach could tailor an offense to have them succeed from the get go.

It was always gonna be a development process and that was the scouting report when he was drafted as a 20yo.

Hypothetical ideal development and he probably still isn't an NFL MVP QB you want with the #1 pick.

It was a long and arduous process but I don't get the other 49ers fans who lay blame on Smith for what he's not.
And even if he was the 49ers probably aren't a playoff team 2006-2010.
Winning a extra game or 2 and the 49ers don't manage to draft some of the best talent on the team due to the higher 1st round drafts 2007-2011.

Kaepernick
09-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Stop Crying about your rep homo.

Almost red, keep it coming turds.....Come on. You can do it.....

I know most of you neg repping me are ignored, but seriously spread some rep around to your other retards and then REP AWAY....LETSSSSS GO....

RED RED RED RED

THERE IT IS. GOOD LITTLE HOMOS.....GOOD JOB!!!!!

ROFL

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130308213126/smuff/images/9/90/NPH_does_archery.gif

Sorter
09-03-2013, 06:17 PM

Surprisingly, it isn't. It's really a mesh of a WCO and a Coryell system. Payton is a pretty hardcore WCO guy who credits a lot of his original principles to Gruden. After signing Brees, they incorporated a bunch of things Drew liked (3 and 4 verts concepts to be used quite often) and Sean really listened to what Drew thought would fit. Part of the reason those 2 guys are so close is because of the unique collaboration they have.

Kaepernick
09-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Yes, he is. Even from Kaep, he will tell us that Alex was a big part of his offensive development.

Kaep has the advantage of evasion and running around that assists his lack of experience. That's a huge advantage for a young QB. He can learn as he goes by running around and chucking shit up. Good for the Niners... good for me. Many of the very best in history don't get that advantage.

Alex is a class act and was a fabulous mentor for Kaepernick. Reid and Dorsey have cited as a big reason they liked Alex.

Without a doubt, Kaepernick is further ahead in his development for Alex Smith's help, than without it. There is no doubt.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2013, 06:22 PM
Alex is a class act and was a fabulous mentor for Kaepernick. Reid and Dorsey have cited as a big reason they liked Alex.

Without a doubt, Kaepernick is further ahead in his development for Alex Smith's help, than without it. There is no doubt.

It will soon be the only reason.

Alex Smiff
09-03-2013, 06:35 PM

Yep. Bowe will be called every bad word in the book. We'll hear how he doesn't get any separation or how he doesn't try because he dislikes Alex?

Alex Smiff
09-03-2013, 06:38 PM
... and you will see them again for Kaepernick. I already have, and it's from preseason and last season.

I'll tell you one thing. Kaep will never get 8 years of excuses from me if he plays mediocre football.

Alex Smiff
09-03-2013, 06:40 PM
If you don't think a QB has an important and direct impact on the run game, then I don't know what to tell you. Being able to read the D pre-snap and put the offense in the best situation for success each play? Yeah... that's kind of significant. ;)

It is important but it is completely overblown by Smith fanboys. The guy had a terrible 3rd down conversion rate but it was dubbed by his mindless fanboys as "ball control". :LOL:

Alex Smiff
09-03-2013, 06:46 PM
... and why should that bother you? He is still very much a 49ers fan.

Yet here you are... someone who doesn't like Alex, and you are here in a KC forum... following the very player you don't like? That's truly pathetic. WE have a real reason to check in on the Chiefs and appreciate what they are building. You come in here because you despise Alex yet can't let him go?

I just get a kick out of the same posts that I read on the 9er board. A link to this board was posted on the 9er board and I came here to see the same fanboys saying the same things. So I'm here for the sheer entertainment.

What's truly pathetic is calling yourself a 9er fan but putting down everyone (coach, other players, etc) because things didn't go well for a guy who's no longer on the team. I don't consider those types true 9er fans. Their fanship begins and ends with a player and not the actual team. That's fine and all...but it's amusing.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2013, 06:47 PM
I just get a kick out of the same posts that I read on the 9er board. A link to this board was posted on the 9er board and I came here to see the same fanboys saying the same things. So I'm here for the sheer entertainment.

What's truly pathetic is calling yourself a 9er fan but putting down everyone (coach, other players, etc) because things didn't go well for a guy who's no longer on the team. I don't consider those types true 9er fans. Their fanship begins and ends with a player and not the actual team. That's fine and all...but it's amusing.
I liked Gannon. A lot. Did I follow him to Oakland?

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2013, 06:51 PM
I goes where I wants... I follow who I wants... and all you lil anustarts can thinks whatever ya wants. I don't know you... don't want to know you.. just as you don't know or want to know me. I'd much rather read and talk football.

Entertainment FTW all around. Go 49ers! Go Chiefs! because that's the way I likes it. Got a problem with that? Who gives a ****?

SAUTO
09-03-2013, 07:14 PM
When did this guy become Popeye?
Posted via Mobile Device

ViperVisor
09-03-2013, 07:19 PM

Things didn't go well for only Smith? Its was puppies and sunshine other than that?
You just want to whitewash history now because it suits your pov now.

The real fans were the ones scapegoating Alex Smith 2006-2010?

Prion to the start of 2011 season this was posted by someone...
"Culpeper still could come in the league today and have the strongest arm in the NFL. For the people saying that Asmith is better then him, sorry disagree 100%, give Dante a chance to go against Alex and I will put my $ on DC all day and twice on Sunday, Alex Smith is the def of garbage"

Must be nice to live in a simple world where all that was missing was a QB to pull his own weight.

quittripping
09-03-2013, 07:25 PM
It will soon be the only reason.

You and a lot of KC fans will be kissing his azz soon enough, considering KC was a pathetic 2-14 last season ROFL ROFL ROFL

ViperVisor
09-03-2013, 07:41 PM
I'll tell you one thing. Kaep will never get 8 years of excuses from me if he plays mediocre football.

Hyperbole is a sign of smarts and credibility.

2005-2010
6 years
1 of those had a week 4 shoulder separation, ended up on IR
1 of those had a preseason shoulder fracture, all season on IR

Kaepernick
09-03-2013, 07:54 PM
What is incredible is that the Alex supporters -- through their perpetual posting -- are keeping fresh on the main page of the CP Lounge, the clear unequivocal declaration...

Alex Smith did, does and always will suck.

Such irony.

Mav
09-03-2013, 07:55 PM
What is incredible is that the Alex supporters -- through their perpetual posting -- are keeping fresh on the main page of the CP Lounge, the clear unequivocal declaration...

Alex Smith did, does and always will suck.

Such irony.

im sure it breaks your heart.

Alex Smiff
09-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Hyperbole is a sign of smarts and credibility.

2005-2010
6 years
1 of those had a week 4 shoulder separation, ended up on IR
1 of those had a preseason shoulder fracture, all season on IR

He's been in the league for 8 years.

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Things didn't go well for only Smith? Its was puppies and sunshine other than that?
You just want to whitewash history now because it suits your pov now.

The real fans were the ones scapegoating Alex Smith 2006-2010?

Prion to the start of 2011 season this was posted by someone...
"Culpeper still could come in the league today and have the strongest arm in the NFL. For the people saying that Asmith is better then him, sorry disagree 100%, give Dante a chance to go against Alex and I will put my $ on DC all day and twice on Sunday, Alex Smith is the def of garbage"

Must be nice to live in a simple world where all that was missing was a QB to pull his own weight.

Crabtree was considered a bust and massive failure by these dolts until Kaepernick came on the scene. Bowe is already proven among Chief fans, but he will endure the same ridicule from Alex fans. Guaranteed.

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Yep. Bowe will be called every bad word in the book. We'll hear how he doesn't get any separation or how he doesn't try because he dislikes Alex?

Yeah, that was great. Especially after the 2011 NFCCG against the Giants. "Crab didn't get any separation". LMAO

Just a note to Chiefs fans.... if things go wrong, blame is placed elsewhere.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Crabtree was considered a bust and massive failure by these dolts until Kaepernick came on the scene. Bowe is already proven among Chief fans, but he will endure the same ridicule from Alex fans. Guaranteed.

I'll follow Bowe to hell before bending the knee to Axl's "greatness".

ROFL"Greatness"...oh shit....

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Yeah, that was great. Especially after the 2011 NFCCG against the Giants. "Crab didn't get any separation". LMAO

Just a note to Chiefs fans.... if things go wrong, blame is placed elsewhere.

This is nothing new. Every boneheaded sack will be blamed on the billion dollar O-line, and "not having a legit #2/McCluster sucks" will be hot it's heels.

Predictable.

Jakemall
09-03-2013, 09:51 PM

I think you're confused.

He said that I am still a 9er fan.

Who am I putting down? You're right in that I don't think things went well for Alex at the end...and yes, I followed him here. Much like I did with Garcia when he left and Montana when he left and any number of other players. Guess what? I always remained a 9ers fan.

So I fail to see how it begins and ends with Alex? I'll still be going to 9er games and cheering my ass off for them.

So what's your problem with me again?

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 09:52 PM
I'll follow Bowe to hell before bending the knee to Axl's "greatness".

ROFL"Greatness"...oh shit....

Good to know. And that is why I like this site. Not like a fairy 49erwebzone, where the milquetoast QB is sucked off and everyone else is thrown to the woodshed.

Jakemall
09-03-2013, 09:54 PM

Pretty sure Crabs was already starting to significantly improve in 2012 while Alex was still the starter...but enjoy your revisionist history.

ViperVisor
09-03-2013, 09:55 PM

Crabtree WAS failing.

profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/02/three-years-of-drop-rate-wide-receivers/

He got stronger as 2011 went on after missing week 2 with the foot. He got more experience and they saw what he was best at and took that forward to 2012...

Crabtree ran 34.2% of his routes from the slot this season, while collecting 25 of his 63 first-down conversions from that position. Among wideouts who took 25% of their team’s slot snaps, Crabtree was targeted on a league-high 33.6% when he lined up inside. His 542 yards from the slot was 10th-most in the league, but most impressive was his 3.71 Yards Per Route Run as a slot receiver. That was the best mark in the NFL, and Calvin Johnson (3.15) was the only other wideout with a YPRR better than 3.00.

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Pretty sure Crabs was already starting to significantly improve in 2012 while Alex was still the starter...but enjoy your revisionist history.

Check the YPC for Crabtree compared with Kaepernick and Alex. Have a nice day.

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Crabtree WAS failing.

profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/02/three-years-of-drop-rate-wide-receivers/

He got stronger as 2011 went on after missing week 2 with the foot. He got more experience and they saw what he was best at and took that forward to 2012...

I compare Crabtree's production with Kaepernick and Alex. It's a pretty significant difference.

ViperVisor
09-03-2013, 10:13 PM
I compare Crabtree's production with Kaepernick and Alex. It's a pretty significant difference.

Not really. He was targeted like 30% more.

Compare Brandon Lloyd Denver with Orton to him with NE and Brady.

Yards per catch for WRs bounces within a 2 yard range year to year.
And sample is smaller than that.

And it's not like we don't have more info with Smith.
2009-2011 Crab got a solid 12.8 a catch with most passes coming from Smith.

That really wasn't the issue with him. He is quick and slippery. Good at grabbing a bit of YAC. The problem was how often he was dropping passes.
And they ditched a lot of the fly routes he was forced to try as an outside WR.

It's not like Crabtree was always flying open down the field and it took Kaepernick to get him the ball down the field.

LowExpectations
09-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Not really. He was targeted like 30% more.

Compare Brandon Lloyd Denver with Orton to him with NE and Brady.

Yards per catch for WRs bounces within a 2 yard range year to year.
And sample is smaller than that.

And it's not like we don't have more info with Smith.
2009-2011 Crab got a solid 12.8 a catch with most passes coming from Smith.

That really wasn't the issue with him. He is quick and slippery. Good at grabbing a bit of YAC. The problem was how often he was dropping passes.
And they ditched a lot of the fly routes he was forced to try as an outside WR.

It's not like Crabtree was always flying open down the field and it took Kaepernick to get him the ball down the field.

If you have the numbers to prove me wrong, so be it, but it did seem like Kaepernick did hit him on some deeper throws that Smith wouldn't have attempted.

ViperVisor
09-03-2013, 11:05 PM
If you have the numbers to prove me wrong, so be it, but it did seem like Kaepernick did hit him on some deeper throws that Smith wouldn't have attempted.

Sure. He did throw more intermediate stuff to him.

More yards when he caught it but he caught less % of what was targeted to him.
The 1.16x yards a catch uptick came had some drawback.

Overall the pass offense got 4.3% more yards per attempt with Kaepernick.

A 50/50 Catch to Crabtree 15yards down field isn't always the way to go.
The dreaded check-down is OK.

Making just 1 of those for 7 yards per game in his 7 starts last year. And his YPA goes up to 8.55

And that would be a statistically solid difference from Alex Smith 7.97

Alex Smiff
09-04-2013, 05:16 AM

You are WRONG! Again.

Crabs' numbers changed once Kaep took over.

How many 100 yard games did Crabs have with Alex beforehand (over the course of a good 30+ games)? I believe it was 2. He had 5 with Kaep (and a 93 yarder) in 5 games.

Shall we look at the playoffs production?

2012 playoffs
20 Receptions for 285 yards 3 TDs (Could have been 4...remember that goalline fumble in Atlanta?)

2011 playoffs
4Receptions for 25 yards 2 TDs

You'd have to be a blithering idiot to not see the difference between Crabs/Kaep and Crabs/Alex....

Troy Smith/ Crabs connection > Alex Crabs connection.

Crabs was on pace to have the same numbers he had last year with Alex under center. Those numbers took off when Kaep took over. Not only are you a fanboy but you're dishonest, too. The worst kind.

Sandy Vagina
09-04-2013, 06:42 AM
You are WRONG! Again.

Crabs was on pace to have the same numbers he had last year with Alex under center. Those numbers took off when Kaep took over. Not only are you a fanboy but you're dishonest, too. The worst kind.

So full of shit, kid... Suck on these numbers a bit.

This is old and recycled discussion. Now, show us how VD's production was with Smith and then Kaep. Go ahead.

week 1-9 = 26 rec on 37 targets / 380 yds / 4 TDs -------- ( with Alex )

week 9-16 = 16 rec on 25 targets / 172 yds / 1 TD -------- ( with Kaep )

So, big whoopity doo, kid. Alex liked throwing the ball to VD and others.. as well as Crabtree, which Alex completed approx. 40 passes to prior to the concussion. That's 40 at about the mid-point to the season. Does 40 sound terrible in a run-based offense? Kaep only completed about 50 to him.

Let all this go and enjoy the 49ers journey. Let Alex Smiff go, once and for all. Alex has controlled and dominated your pathetic life all of those 8 years... and now, you are allowing him to dominate you even though you are free of him. Can you not see this twisted and sick obsession is poisoning your soul?

milkman
09-04-2013, 09:42 AM
You people realize that both the Air Coryelland West Coast systems are just branches of the offense that Sid Gillman innovated in the 50s with the Rams and brought to the Chargers in 60s, right?

Air Coryell just emphasizes the intermidiate and deep routes, while the West Coast system places more emphasis on the short passing game.

The Saints passing attack really resembles what Gillman and John Hadl were doning in the eArly-mid 60s, in that they have a more equal mix of the two concepts.

milkman
09-04-2013, 09:47 AM
To the point that someone earlier regarding Norv Turner, there iw no way in hell that a risk averse QB like Smith excels in a system that relies on timing in the intermediate and deep passing game of Norv Turner's AC system.

Sandy Vagina
09-04-2013, 10:29 AM
To the point that someone earlier regarding Norv Turner, there iw no way in hell that a risk averse QB like Smith excels in a system that relies on timing in the intermediate and deep passing game of Norv Turner's AC system.

In 2006, (Smith's 2nd season), Alex had a 56.85 comp % when throwing 21+ yards in Norv's system.

In 2005, (Schaub's 2nd season), Matt had a 50% comp % when throwing 21+ yards

In 2002, (Brees' 2nd season), Drew had a 59.25 comp % when throwing 21+ yards

In 2009, (Flacco's 2nd season), Joe had a 60.1 comp % when throwing 21+ yards

In 2009, (Ryan's 2nd season), Matt had a 58.7 comp % when throwing 21+ yards

I mean, we are not talking huge differences here. You need to at least factor in that Alex had Kwame Harris at OT (possibly the worst OT in pass protecting history), and a bottom half pass protecting OL on the whole.

Also keep in mind, Alex's decent 2nd year was also better than that of HOF Troy Aikman's 2nd year... and Troy had a MUCH better supporting cast around him.

milkman
09-04-2013, 10:37 AM
None of those other guys have ever shown any fear of making a mistake.
They've all shown confidence in their ability to make plays.

Alex Smith has shown that he is afraid, that he lacks confidence.

The confidence allowed those guys to grow and develop.

Smith's fear would have stunted his growth.

Red Gorilla
09-04-2013, 10:42 AM

I think he has grown as a player. The drive at the end of the playoff game was special. What about the shot he took from Polamalu a couple of weeks ago. He went on to complete the pass and finish the drive. That's leadership and he's not Cassel.

Sandy Vagina
09-04-2013, 10:43 AM

All of this seems fair, if regarding the past... maybe even late into 2011.

From 2011 Saints playoff game and up to now? I don't think any of us can be sure of whether Alex will have such issues. The one thing that most have agreed to.. is that Alex is mentally resilient. I suspect that his confidence has grown significantly in what he can do.. and likely what Reid will encourage him to do. Now, he just needs his OL and downfield targets to elicit SOME trust from him by performing their jobs.

Red Gorilla
09-04-2013, 10:45 AM
All of this seems fair, if regarding the past... maybe even late into 2011.

From 2011 Saints playoff game and up to now? I don't think any of us can be sure of whether Alex will have such issues. The one thing that most have agreed to.. is that Alex is mentally resilient. I suspect that his confidence has grown significantly in what he can do.. and likely what Reid will encourage him to do. Now, he just needs his OL and downfield targets to elicit SOME trust from him by performing their jobs.

Good post man. He has grown as a player. It's rare that a guy grows much after three years but, he's an exception imo.

Jakemall
09-04-2013, 10:53 AM
You are WRONG! Again.

How many 100 yard games did Crabs have with Alex beforehand (over the course of a good 30+ games)? I believe it was 2. He had 5 with Kaep (and a 93 yarder) in 5 games.

Shall we look at the playoffs production?

2012 playoffs
20 Receptions for 285 yards 3 TDs (Could have been 4...remember that goalline fumble in Atlanta?)

2011 playoffs
4Receptions for 25 yards 2 TDs

You'd have to be a blithering idiot to not see the difference between Crabs/Kaep and Crabs/Alex....

Troy Smith/ Crabs connection > Alex Crabs connection.

Who is dishonest?

Crabtree 2010 741 yards 6 tds
2011 874 yards 4 tds
2012 8 game split 440 yards 3 tds
So 16= 880 yards and 6 TDs.

At first blush, it really looks like you're correct. However, when you account for the injured hand (in which every receiver suffered on yards) it paints a different picture.

6 games 383 yards 3 tds = 16 games 1021 yards and 8tds.

Now, the only argument you can really make here is that I can't take those games out...go ahead...tell me how Alex's throwing hand injury had no impact on the 9ers ability to pass in those games. I'm all ears.

This is a perfect example of why stats are deceptive.

Instead of using stats, try to remember how everyone was saying how much better Crabtree was looking before Alex had his concussion.

Kaepernick
09-04-2013, 11:44 AM
im sure it breaks your heart.

I just find it ironic that you guys keep bumping a thread titled Alex Smith did does and always will suck. I would think you guys would bump the Alex trade thread or Alex v. Geno. I don't care either way. I know Alex is a good QB who is a net plus for the Chiefs, but will never be the "top flight QB" that any team needs to get over the hump. That is why I would never want him on my team. As a 2 year placeholder mentoring a stud prospect, I would love him on my team.

Sandy Vagina
09-04-2013, 11:48 AM
I just find it ironic that you guys keep bumping a thread titled Alex Smith did does and always will suck. I would think you guys would bump the Alex trade thread or Alex v. Geno. I don't care either way. I know Alex is a good QB who is a net plus for the Chiefs, but will never be the "top flight QB" that any team needs to get over the hump. That is why I would never want him on my team. As a 2 year placeholder mentoring a stud prospect, I would love him on my team.

I doubt any of us really care about the empty words of the thread title. They are just ignorant words that probably.. like they do for me, make others chuckle.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2013, 11:52 AM
I doubt any of us really care about the empty words of the thread title. They are just ignorant words that probably.. like they do for me, make others chuckle.

They are words of wisdom to live by.

Mav
09-04-2013, 11:53 AM

You know how it goes. Controversy is what keeps these boards going.

Alex Smith is a lightning rod for controversy.

Jakemall
09-04-2013, 12:20 PM

I am just getting acustomed to the fact that the OP is plastered on every page. It really is quite reasonable.

Personally, I don't care that we're bumping up the OP that doesn't like Alex. I don't believe in creating multiple threads to discuss the exact same subject.
I don't get butt hurt that some people don't like Alex. I don't care if people don't agree with me on his abilities. As long as it is fairly civil, I enjoy the arguments. When it stops being fun, I stop reading and posting.

Snapplez
09-04-2013, 12:25 PM

Good QB's rarely have controversy follow them around.

Manning Bros/Brady/Rodgers/Brees/Luck/RGIII/Wilson/Ryan no controversy

Why does controversy come up with Alex Smith? Because he was a number one overall pick and has never thrown for more than 18 tds. He's total shit.

Sweet Daddy Hate

Why does controversy come up with Alex Smith? Because he was a number one overall pick and has never thrown for more than 18 tds. He's total shit.

:LOL:ROFL

Rausch

Plenty of controversy over Eli...

Snapplez
09-04-2013, 12:30 PM

You know what, you're right. And I thank my lucky fucking stars he gave San Diego the finger. Can you imagine if the Chargers had won 2 Superbowls while we toiled in mediocrity with the Cassel/Huard/Smiths of the world?

Christ, I wouldn't be able to take it.

9er guy
09-04-2013, 12:46 PM

Not for this long.

Jakemall
09-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Not for this long.

That is a fact.

Rausch
09-04-2013, 12:50 PM
You know what, you're right. And I thank my lucky ****ing stars he gave San Diego the finger. Can you imagine if the Chargers had won 2 Superbowls while we toiled in mediocrity with the Cassel/Huard/Smiths of the world?

The only team in our division (if you want include the Seahawks) that hasn't made a super bowl the last 20 years is KC...

NinerDoug
09-04-2013, 12:59 PM

That was my thought as well.

Carlota69
09-04-2013, 02:14 PM

BINGO! I think he brings a little more to the table than that, but that without question is the biggest thing, especially with Bray in the wings.

Kaepernick
09-04-2013, 03:28 PM

Because New York.

Mav
09-04-2013, 03:34 PM

Alex Smith really hasn't done anything his last two seasons to really justify any criticism.

But before that, yeah I can see that. I wouldn't say though that Matt Ryan had no controversy as well as someone pointing out Eli.

Matt Ryan is a product of having phenomenal talent around him.

Very few teams have the amount of weapons that he has. Im not sure that he is much better than Alex Smith all the way around to be honest.

Mav
09-04-2013, 03:35 PM
I am just getting acustomed to the fact that the OP is plastered on every page. It really is quite reasonable.

Personally, I don't care that we're bumping up the OP that doesn't like Alex. I don't believe in creating multiple threads to discuss the exact same subject.
I don't get butt hurt that some people don't like Alex. I don't care if people don't agree with me on his abilities. As long as it is fairly civil, I enjoy the arguments. When it stops being fun, I stop reading and posting.

Meh. Its the week of real games. So the last bit of trolls had to have their fun, and that's fine. Although, as a 49er fan, I am much more concerned about our first three games of the season, and the chance that 1-2, or 0-3 is a very real possibility.

I think people are taking the Packers as a foregone conclusion that we beat them.

Even if we two, the ghost that still haunts, waits for week two.

9er guy
09-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Meh. Although, as a 49er fan, I am much more concerned about our first three games of the season, and the chance that 1-2, or 0-3 is a very real possibility.

First of all, if you're calling yourself a 9ers fans, take that stupid looking dog off your avatar. LOL.

Seriously though, there is a 0.00% pct chance we start the season 0-3.

Mav
09-04-2013, 03:54 PM
First of all, if you're calling yourself a 9ers fans, take that stupid looking dog off your avatar. LOL.

Seriously though, there is a 0.00% pct chance we start the season 0-3.

No on the avatar.

And sorry. Facing three very good qbs to start the season, and really to be honest, there isn't a gimmie in the first 5 games of the season.

VS GB
@Seattle
VS Indy
@STL
VS HOU

Where is the gimmie? Every single one of those teams poses a threat.

9er guy
09-04-2013, 03:56 PM
No on the avatar.

And sorry. Facing three very good qbs to start the season, and really to be honest, there isn't a gimmie in the first 5 games of the season.

VS GB
@Seattle
VS Indy
@STL
VS HOU

I didn't say there were any gimmes. I just said we're not starting 0-3.

Mav
09-04-2013, 03:57 PM
I didn't say there were any gimmes. I just said we're not starting 0-3.

Well, obviously I hope not.

the schedule makers sure did us no favors though.

I could just be pissy. I live in Packer country with my packer loving wife, with her packer loving parents coming to watch the game on sunday.

Sandy Vagina
09-04-2013, 04:00 PM
yeah, Matt Ryan's been losing lots of playoff games... 1 win out of 5.. and he has lots of talent around him, plus has had coaching consistency around him in the developing years.

Matt Stafford's been losing big time against teams with a winning record... 1 win in 24 games?

these new year backyard-ballers have been exciting, yet not flawless... They have much to prove, but for the most part, have excellent structure around them to succeed further.

Alex had shit and a wild carousel around him. Few quarterbacks had so many obstacles around them, and none of them to my knowledge have been trending up in their later years as Smith has. He is just a product of people's preconceived notions over his distant years. Years of brainwashed people, thanks to the ESPN/Jamie Duke morons that fail to think in depth about what makes QBs successful.

Mav
09-04-2013, 04:04 PM
yeah, Matt Ryan's been losing lots of playoff games... 1 win out of 5.. and he has lots of talent around him, plus has had coaching consistency around him in the developing years.

Matt Stafford's been losing big time against teams with a winning record... 1 win in 24 games?

these new year backyard-ballers have been exciting, yet not flawless... They have much to prove, but for the most part, have excellent structure around them to succeed further.

Alex had shit and a wild carousel around him. Few quarterbacks had so many obstacles around them, and none of them to my knowledge have been trending up in their later years as Smith has. He is just a product of people's preconceived notions over his distant years. Years of brainwashed people, thanks to the ESPN/Jamie Duke morons that fail to think in depth about what makes QBs successful.

Ironically enough, those same people that say alex smith is shit on this board, but want Geno Smith readily admit that his chances of surviving in a jets uniform is almost NONE.

Funny how that works. And on the other hand, the same guys who dislike smith, and love Kaep, fail to realize just how lucky Kaep is that he landed where he did.

Funny, huh? That probably is the biggest reason that I do like Alex Smith. I have no idea how he made it out of that situation to succeed at all, much less garner enough attention to become another teams franchise qb.

Jamarcus Russell didn't, David Carr didn't, Ryan Leaf didn't, Joey Harrington didn't

It is damn impressive considering that especially with Jamarcus and Leaf, two guys who were considered such cant miss prospects because of their physical abilities crashed and burned so hard. Yet, Alex still stands.

Sandy Vagina
09-04-2013, 04:09 PM
That probably is the biggest reason that I do like Alex Smith. I have no idea how he made it out of that situation to succeed at all

It is damn impressive

Alex still stands.

Yes, it's inspirational, from a football perspective. :thumb:

Alex Smiff
09-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Who is dishonest?

Crabtree 2010 741 yards 6 tds
2011 874 yards 4 tds
2012 8 game split 440 yards 3 tds
So 16= 880 yards and 6 TDs.

At first blush, it really looks like you're correct. However, when you account for the injured hand (in which every receiver suffered on yards) it paints a different picture.

6 games 383 yards 3 tds = 16 games 1021 yards and 8tds.

Now, the only argument you can really make here is that I can't take those games out...go ahead...tell me how Alex's throwing hand injury had no impact on the 9ers ability to pass in those games. I'm all ears.

This is a perfect example of why stats are deceptive.

Instead of using stats, try to remember how everyone was saying how much better Crabtree was looking before Alex had his concussion.

You're pathetic.

Snapplez
09-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Alex had shit and a wild carousel around him. Few quarterbacks had so many obstacles around them, and none of them to my knowledge have been trending up in their later years as Smith has.

This trending up shit is such a damn copout. It amazes me you fail to see the circumstances of why the 49ers became what they are today. They were a ridiculously talented team, with a fantastic head coach, and get this, the more they took the ball out of Alex Smith's hands the better the team became. They trended up simply because Harbaugh knew that Smith wasn't ever gonna cut it, and took the ball away from him.

Alex Smiff
09-04-2013, 05:04 PM
So full of shit, kid... Suck on these numbers a bit.

This is old and recycled discussion. Now, show us how VD's production was with Smith and then Kaep. Go ahead.

week 1-9 = 26 rec on 37 targets / 380 yds / 4 TDs -------- ( with Alex )

week 9-16 = 16 rec on 25 targets / 172 yds / 1 TD -------- ( with Kaep )

So, big whoopity doo, kid. Alex liked throwing the ball to VD and others.. as well as Crabtree, which Alex completed approx. 40 passes to prior to the concussion. That's 40 at about the mid-point to the season. Does 40 sound terrible in a run-based offense? Kaep only completed about 50 to him.

Let all this go and enjoy the 49ers journey. Let Alex Smiff go, once and for all. Alex has controlled and dominated your pathetic life all of those 8 years... and now, you are allowing him to dominate you even though you are free of him. Can you not see this twisted and sick obsession is poisoning your soul?

What the **** does VD's production have to do with Crabs production compared to Kaep and Smith? Are you slow? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Alex Smiff
09-04-2013, 05:07 PM
In 2006, (Smith's 2nd season), Alex had a 56.85 comp % when throwing 21+ yards in Norv's system.

In 2005, (Schaub's 2nd season), Matt had a 50% comp % when throwing 21+ yards

In 2002, (Brees' 2nd season), Drew had a 59.25 comp % when throwing 21+ yards

In 2009, (Ryan's 2nd season), Matt had a 58.7 comp % when throwing 21+ yards

I mean, we are not talking huge differences here. You need to at least factor in that Alex had Kwame Harris at OT (possibly the worst OT in pass protecting history), and a bottom half pass protecting OL on the whole.

Also keep in mind, Alex's decent 2nd year was also better than that of HOF Troy Aikman's 2nd year... and Troy had a MUCH better supporting cast around him.

How do you expect people to take you seriously when you post this garbage?

Sandy Vagina
09-04-2013, 05:23 PM
What the **** does VD's production have to do with Crabs production compared to Kaep and Smith?

Can you really not answer this for yourself? Both QBs threw the same number of passes. One QB passed the ball more to his TE... which means less passes to the WR. The other QB passed the ball more to his WR... which means less passes to his TE.

Yeah dude... someone here is slow. Seems pretty clear that person is you. :doh!:

Sandy Vagina
09-04-2013, 05:24 PM
How do you expect people to take you seriously when you post this garbage?

Is that all you got? Can't discuss the point, so all you can do is helplessly flail at the poster? Oh, you will fit in well here. :doh!:

Mav
09-04-2013, 05:25 PM
What the **** does VD's production have to do with Crabs production compared to Kaep and Smith? Are you slow? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Your emoticons don't take away from the fact that this is a stupid post.

Vernon davis when Kaep took over was pretty much obsolete from the offense. That is the point that he was making.

Alex Smith used everyone, Kaep threw almost half of his passes to one guy.

Is that, that difficult for you to comprehend?

Sandy Vagina
09-04-2013, 05:27 PM
This trending up shit is such a damn copout. It amazes me you fail to see the circumstances of why the 49ers became what they are today. They were a ridiculously talented team, with a fantastic head coach, and get this, the more they took the ball out of Alex Smith's hands the better the team became. They trended up simply because Harbaugh knew that Smith wasn't ever gonna cut it, and took the ball away from him.

So they paid him a top 3 salary on the team for two years just to "take the ball away from him?" Harbaugh was quoted multiple times in sucking Alex off just to keep him in SF... all to keep the ball out of his hands? and in most of the games where they actually needed Alex`to produce a game winning drive... he did.

So tell me again how they kept the ball out of his hands? Didn't he pass the ball just as frequently as Kaep did?

Your perspective has large fails in it. ;)

Snapplez
09-04-2013, 05:33 PM
So they paid him a top 3 salary on the team for two years just to "take the ball away from him?" Harbaugh was quoted multiple times in sucking Alex off just to keep him in SF... all to keep the ball out of his hands? and in most of the games where they actually needed Alex`to produce a game winning drive... he did.

So tell me again how they kept the ball out of his hands? Didn't he pass the ball just as frequently as Kaep did?

Your perspective has large fails in it. ;)

Actions on the field speak much louder than media quotes. The 49ers had close to the fewest pass attempts in the league, that's absolutely taking the ball away from the super duper awesome franchise QB. And I'm sure you remember, Harbaugh talked up A.J. Jenkins before he shipped him outta town. Media relations don't mean a damn thing.

Sandy Vagina
09-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Actions on the field speak much louder than media quotes. The 49ers had close to the fewest pass attempts in the league, that's absolutely taking the ball away from the super duper awesome franchise QB. And I'm sure you remember, Harbaugh talked up A.J. Jenkins before he shipped him outta town. Media relations don't mean a damn thing.

Read this, stupid, and learn something... and if you can not read it, have mommy read it for you. And if you need to learn how to connect the dots on it, ask nice, and someone here will likely point out the relevance for you.

But most of the college offenses he's run have favored the run, some by lopsided margins (see below). In fact, all four of his Stanford squads attempted more runs than they did passes. In 2009, for instance, when Stanford had an accomplished senior running back in Toby Gerhart and a freshman quarterback in Andrew Luck, the Cardinal rushed 527 times and attempted 312 passes. A year later when Gerhart was in the NFL and Luck was the toast of college football, that ratio shrunk a bit. But Stanford still ran the ball 480 times versus 374 pass attempts.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/09/the-running-man-harbaugh-historically-has-leaned-on-the-run.html#storylink=cpy

Chief Faithful
09-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Now that the Ravens have shown the NFL how to defend the 49ers offense by hitting the QB on every run play it will be interesting to see how the 49ers adjust. Plus, the 49ers are going to get the best and most physical play from everyone they face so Kaep is going to get hit hard and often. It is very reasonable to believe Kaep's production will drop noticeably in his Sophomore season because they will have to adjust to more pocket protection just to keep him healthy.

The 49ers and Kaep are not going to surprise anyone this year with the Pistol offense. Everyone will be prepared, ready and waiting to hit that QB.

Alex Smiff
09-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Your emoticons don't take away from the fact that this is a stupid post.

Vernon davis when Kaep took over was pretty much obsolete from the offense. That is the point that he was making.

Alex Smith used everyone, Kaep threw almost half of his passes to one guy.

Is that, that difficult for you to comprehend?

Again, what the fuck does VD's production have to do with the difference in production between Alex and Crabtree and Kaep and Crabtree. VD's lack of production is a different discussion.

Now hop to it and leave all those "terrible" reputation comments.

Mav
09-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Again, what the **** does VD's production have to do with the difference in production between Alex and Crabtree and Kaep and Crabtree. VD's lack of production is a different discussion.

Lol....Okay.

ViperVisor
09-04-2013, 06:04 PM

60% of Smith's passes were in the 1st half in 2012.

The team in 2012
244 1st Half Passes
215 1st Half Runs

This is what the Head Coach wants to do with the team. It's what he did at Stanford with Andrew Luck. A balanced attack. The NFL today balance isn't 50/50 more like 58/42.
He was handed a team with a giant forceful O-Line and a battering ram in Frank Gore.

The team builds a lead and plays it safe.

186 2nd Half Passes
263 2nd Half Runs

Kaepernick
09-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Now that the Ravens have shown the NFL how to defend the 49ers offense by hitting the QB on every run play it will be interesting to see how the 49ers adjust. Plus, the 49ers are going to get the best and most physical play from everyone they face so Kaep is going to get hit hard and often. It is very reasonable to believe Kaep's production will drop noticeably in his Sophomore season because they will have to adjust to more pocket protection just to keep him healthy.

The 49ers and Kaep are not going to surprise anyone this year with the Pistol offense. Everyone will be prepared, ready and waiting to hit that QB.

That is an interesting analysis that doesn't reconcile with the fact that the 49ers scored 6 points in the 1st half and 25 points in the 2nd half.

The scoring indicates that the 49ers offense figured out the Ravens defense.

Mav
09-04-2013, 06:14 PM
That is an interesting analysis that doesn't reconcile with the fact that the 49ers scored 6 points in the 1st half and 25 points in the 2nd half.

The scoring indicates that the 49ers offense figured out the Ravens defense.

Conspiracy- Ray Lewis

Alex Smiff
09-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Can you really not answer this for yourself? Both QBs threw the same number of passes. One QB passed the ball more to his TE... which means less passes to the WR. The other QB passed the ball more to his WR... which means less passes to his TE.

Yeah dude... someone here is slow. Seems pretty clear that person is you. :doh!:

Kaep distributed the ball quite well to both VD and Crabs in the playoffs, didn't he?

Only a Smith fanboy would excuse his meager production to a WR because he was too busy getting his TE involved. I so hope for your sake that he's successful this season.

Setsuna
09-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Good lord. Who are all these members? Wait nvm. I know. Soon the Niner forum will be a ghost town and all these spoiled whiner Niner fans will be here. Start the War for Chiefs Planet! Who'll be the vanguards?

Mav
09-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Kaep distributed the ball quite well to both VD and Crabs in the playoffs, didn't he?

Only a Smith fanboy would excuse his meager production to a WR because he was too busy getting his TE involved. I so hope for your sake that he's successful this season.

Yup. He did. Very well.

Tell me though. Why is there such concern with Crabs being out?

Because Kaep didn't really show a mesh with anyone else other than Crabs, and when it mattered the most in the super bowl, he locked on.

But to say anything that doesn't post Kaep in a superman light, brings all the Kaepersexuals to the rescue. No one said he sucked. They just said that he favored Crabtree over everyone else.

9er guy
09-04-2013, 07:02 PM

I just re-watched the Super Bowl. The Ravens weren't smacking him in the mouth every play. Really they were just shoving him as Frank ran right by them. What the Ravens did a good job of was limiting Frank Gore on the dive. He got loose late, but they did a decent job of corralling him early.

He took one or two big hits the whole game. You could easily get one or two good shots in the pocket as a traditional QB.

He actually was moving the ball ok. We just had back-to-back turnovers that really killed us. (LaMichael James fumble, Kaep's pick)

There was one play where Suggs tried to hit Kaep and he juked Suggs right out of his jock and almost threw a TD to Crabs. (Just a liiiitle high

It'll be interesting to see how teams defend us. But I'm not seeing a real blue print layed down by Baltimore.

I mean, the first play of the game Kaep throws for 25 yard gain on a read option PA. Nobody hit him there.

We shall see......

Mav
09-04-2013, 07:03 PM
I just re-watched the Super Bowl. The Ravens weren't smacking him in the mouth every play. Really they were just shoving him as Frank ran right by them. What the Ravens did a good job of was limiting Frank Gore on the dive. He got loose late, but they did a decent job of corralling him early.

He took one or two big hits the whole game. You could easily get one or two good shots in the pocket as a traditional QB.

He actually was moving the ball ok. We just had back-to-back turnovers that really killed us. (LaMichael James fumble, Kaep's pick)

There was one play where Suggs tried to hit Kaep and he juked Suggs right out of his jock and almost threw a TD to Crabs. (Just a liiiitle high

It'll be interesting to see how teams defend us. But I'm not seeing a real blue print layed down by Baltimore.

I mean, the first play of the game Kaep throws for 25 yard gain on a read option PA. Nobody hit him there.

We shall see......

I think people are really underestimating the toughness of Kaep. Also, Kaep is huge.

9er guy
09-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Yup. He did. Very well.

Tell me though. Why is there such concern with Crabs being out?

Because Kaep didn't really show a mesh with anyone else other than Crabs, and when it mattered the most in the super bowl, he locked on.

But to say anything that doesn't post Kaep in a superman light, brings all the Kaepersexuals to the rescue. No one said he sucked. They just said that he favored Crabtree over everyone else.

I'm not worried about it. He's had basically a whole off-season without Crabs. We've got Bouldin until Crabs gets back.

He's accurate enough. As long as our WR's catch we should be fine.

But he did lock on in the SB. That's for sure. But hey, it was just his 10th start. He'll learn ;)

9er guy
09-04-2013, 07:07 PM
I think people are really underestimating the toughness of Kaep. Also, Kaep is huge.

Dude he's gotten so massive it's crazy.

They interviewed him about people hitting him and the rule change and whatnot.

In typical Kaep fashion he says, "It's football. You're gonna get hit."

Eye of the ****ing tiger....

LowExpectations
09-04-2013, 07:11 PM
You're pathetic.

LOL, is he really using the injured pinkie or whatever Smith had? Jeebus. That's like the 10th time I've seen him mention the shoulder or finger. Guy has serious obsession issues.

Jakemall, Alex already has a smoking hot cheerleader slut for a wife, I don't think he's interested.

Sandy Vagina
09-04-2013, 07:13 PM
This is where I see the problem with SF fans on a KC board.

Where da Chiefs talk be at? :doh!:

LowExpectations
09-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Again, what the **** does VD's production have to do with the difference in production between Alex and Crabtree and Kaep and Crabtree. VD's lack of production is a different discussion.

They're ignoring the fact that VD was already obsolete in terms of targets a few games before Kaep took over. He had a one game return with Kaepernick's starting debut against Chicago, and then went back to being a glorified blocker(until the playoffs)

The 4 games before Chicago on MNF.

vs NYG- 3 for 37
vs SEA- 0 for 0
@ ARI- 2 for 34
vs STL- 4 for 30

Vernon Davis declining production was an issue long before Kaepernick took over. Teh fanbois don't like to see it that way though

Sandy Vagina
09-04-2013, 07:17 PM
LOL, is he really using the injured pinkie or whatever Smith had? Jeebus. That's like the 10th time I've seen him mention the shoulder or finger. Guy has serious obsession issues.

Jakemall, Alex already has a smoking hot cheerleader slut for a wife, I don't think he's interested.

at least get it right... and you hate Alex and signed up to a KC board to follow him? Yeah... that's a sick obsession.

Alex Smith threw for 303 yards and three touchdowns against the Bills on Sunday, but after the game much of the attention was on his right middle finger. Smith injured the finger during the game but postgame X-rays were negative, according to CSN Bay Area.

Both Smith and head coach Jim Harbaugh said the injury was a sprain. Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area said the injury is to the middle finger of Smith's throwing hand despite the fact Harbaugh initially said the injury was to Smith's left hand. Smith's right hand was reportedly in a wrap after the game.

While there will be some concern over Smith's finger going forward, the 49ers did not appear to suffer any other injuries against the Bills.
http://bayarea.sbnation.com/49ers/2012/10/8/3471818/49ers-vs-bills-injury-report

9er guy
09-04-2013, 07:17 PM

Well between the "House MILF wanted" thread and the "Brinkman smoke and Grill" thread, this might be as good as it gets.

Hey there's always the "Worst shirt you've ever seen" thread.

Sandy Vagina
09-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Well between the "House MILF wanted" thread and the "Brinkman smoke and Grill" thread, this might be as good as it gets.

Hey there's always the "Worst shirt you've ever seen" thread.

:LOL: ... true that. The do have some real slop threads.

Kaepernick
09-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Dude he's gotten so massive it's crazy.

They interviewed him about people hitting him and the rule change and whatnot.

In typical Kaep fashion he says, "It's football. You're gonna get hit."

Eye of the ****ing tiger....

What Kaepernick actually said was, "If you want to hit me in the face every play and try to intimidate me and let Frank Gore run for 10 yards, I'll take a hit in the face every play."

Kaepernick
09-04-2013, 07:31 PM

Gee, ya think? :banghead:

9er guy
09-04-2013, 07:33 PM
What Kaepernick actually said was, "If you want to hit me in the face every play and try to intimidate me and let Frank Gore run for 10 yards, I'll take a hit in the face every play."

Two seperate interviews. What I'm referring to was like yesterday or today.

So he actually said both things.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Colin-Kaepernick-Have-to-Win/dfb1b7c1-38cb-453e-b074-996f0521cdae

Thanks for playing. Please take a copy of our home version!!

LowExpectations
09-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Alex Smith really hasn't done anything his last two seasons to really justify any criticism.

Oh yeah. Everything's peachy when you have a bottom 10 3rd down conversion rate and a 29th ranked passing offense.

Us 49er fans sure are tough on our QB's!

Alex Smiff
09-04-2013, 08:43 PM

Yep. They all have the same, tired excuses. Can't wait to see what they'll come up with this year.

ViperVisor
09-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Oh yeah. Everything's peachy when you have a bottom 10 3rd down conversion rate and a 29th ranked passing offense.

Us 49er fans sure are tough on our QB's!

The problems 2011-2012 start and stop at Smith?

The O-Line and WRs were dandy? It's already been mentioned how Vernon Davis role in the pass game under Harbaugh is inconsistent at best.

In 2011 the 49ers rushed on 3rd down 70 times.
19 First Downs + 1 TD
28.6% success rate
That is pathetic and the Vikings last year with Ponder as the QB pass threat on 3rd down were much better than that.

2011 was not pretty but was to be expected with all the change in a lockout shortened year.

You could live with the passing struggled because Smith INT rate was 1.1%.

DAL, NO, IND, DET
They were all top 10 in 3rd down rate.
But on average their INT rate was right with the mediocre. 2.73%

LowExpectations
09-04-2013, 09:58 PM

Um, no. That's a loser way of thinking if I ever saw one. If the defense does not stop the run at a historic rate and the kicker does not set records, the 2011 49ers become a 7-9/8-8 team.

LowExpectations
09-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Yep. They all have the same, tired excuses. Can't wait to see what they'll come up with this year.

-Alex needs to get used to arrowhead's playing surface

-He needs 3 years minimum to master the Andy Reid playbook.

-Dwayne Bowe turned out to be highly overrated(according to them, lol)

-No viable TE target

-Fisher is the new Anthony Davis. Not good enough!

-Andy Reid isn't calling the right plays.

-He hurt his big toe in week 4. How do you expect him to plant and deliver with a crushing injury like that?

LowExpectations
09-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Yes, it's inspirational, from a football perspective. :thumb:

Yeah, it was really hard to keep cashing those checks to ride pine and then hand off to Gore and set it up for Davey Akers.

What a comeback story!

LMAO

GoChargers
09-04-2013, 10:32 PM
You know what, you're right. And I thank my lucky fucking stars he gave San Diego the finger. Can you imagine if the Chargers had won 2 Superbowls while we toiled in mediocrity with the Cassel/Huard/Smiths of the world?

AJ and Marty/Norv would have ruined Eli. Meanwhile, the Giants would still probably have won at least 2 with Rivers, IMO.

beach tribe
09-04-2013, 10:33 PM
This thread smells like butthole and penis.

ViperVisor
09-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Do you back anything up with reality?

In 2011 the Steelers gave up 2 less points that the 49ers.

The scoredy 55 less points.

They went 12-4

O.city
09-04-2013, 10:35 PM
So it reeks of your moms breath???

Bazinga

beach tribe
09-04-2013, 10:40 PM
I dont know why everyone is so caught up on how much MC got the ball.

IIRC in 218 attempts the passing yards differed by less than 100 yards or right at it.

Its completely irrelevant whether Davis and co. or Crabtree got the yard. The passing production is basically the same.

LowExpectations
09-04-2013, 10:40 PM
Do you back anything up with reality?

In 2011 the Steelers gave up 2 less points that the 49ers.

The scoredy 55 less points.

They went 12-4

That was kind of my point idiot, was it not?

Steeltown doesn't have the #1 scoring d, they're probably not 12-4.

Same goes for the 49ers. 29th ranked passing offense. Wrap your head around that for a second and then try to think where the 49ers would have been without the #2 ranked scoring D, record setting field goal season, and the #5 ranked rushing offense.

Literally EVERYTHING went well for the 2011 49ers EXCEPT for the passing offense. Who was the QB?

Is this not making any sense to you?

ViperVisor
09-04-2013, 10:41 PM
Fisher is the new Anthony Davis. Not good enough!

Was this good enough in 2011?

Player
Anthony Davis

Team
49ers

Sacks Allowed

Median Sack Time

aolnews.com/2011/01/01/oline-em-up-falcons-sam-baker-struggles/

The 49ers attempted 200 less passes than Det/NO and he still gave up the most sacks in the NFL.

beach tribe
09-04-2013, 10:41 PM
So it reeks of your moms breath???

Bazinga
I told you to stop making out with my mom.:D

LowExpectations
09-04-2013, 10:42 PM
I dont know why everyone is so caught up on how much MC got the ball.

IIRC in 218 attempts the passing yards differed by less than 100 yards or right at it.

Its completely irrelevant whether Davis and co. or Crabtree got the yard. The passing production is basically the same.

Because it was an end of an 8 year drought where SF QB's ignored wide receivers vertically.

LowExpectations
09-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Was this good enough in 2011?

Player
Anthony Davis

Team
49ers

Sacks Allowed

Median Sack Time

aolnews.com/2011/01/01/oline-em-up-falcons-sam-baker-struggles/

The 49ers attempted 200 less passes than Det/NO and he still gave up the most sacks in the NFL.

Alex Smith had nothing to do with a high sack rate?

ViperVisor
09-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Akers would of had to miss 17 FGs to put the 49ers at the same scoring as the Steelers who went 12-4.

the #5 ranked rushing offense.

I already showed how bad they were at 3rd down rushing.

The 49ers were 19th in yards per rush in 2011. 1 spot below the Colts.

beach tribe
09-04-2013, 10:46 PM
Because it was an end of an 8 year drought where SF QB's ignored wide receivers vertically.

Wanna make a wager on production? Crabtree vs Bowe?

ViperVisor
09-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Alex Smith had nothing to do with a high sack rate?

Yes in 2012 the inflated rate is on him. He was eating sacks a bit much in games but most of those were easy Win games.

He is familiar with eating sacks because they were too often force fed to him with bad pass protection 2005-2011.

Was everyone passed out on Thanksgiving 2011? That was an extreme example of the O-Line pass protection problems the 49ers had for years.

LowExpectations
09-04-2013, 11:02 PM
Wanna make a wager on production? Crabtree vs Bowe?

This a joke? Crab's out til November einstein.

LowExpectations
09-04-2013, 11:04 PM
Akers would of had to miss 17 FGs to put the 49ers at the same scoring as the Steelers who went 12-4.

I already showed how bad they were at 3rd down rushing.

The 49ers were 19th in yards per rush in 2011. 1 spot below the Colts.

Why are you ignoring the defense?

Yes, they were 4 yards and a cloud of dust because the passing offense was so putrid.

Alex has been taking too many sacks since day 1 bromontana. He's always had extremely bad footwork in the pocket, and is well known around the league for his classic "head ducking" routine when trying to climb the pocket.
Try watching a game for once.

beach tribe
09-04-2013, 11:06 PM
This a joke? Crab's out til November einstein.

Oh, right. Ive been to busy, you know, following MY team.

beach tribe
09-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Why are you ignoring the defense?

Yes, they were 4 yards and a cloud of dust because the passing offense was so putrid.

Alex has been taking too many sacks since day 1 bromontana. He's always had extremely bad footwork in the pocket, and is well known around the league for his classic "head ducking" routine when trying to climb the pocket.
Try watching a game for once.

.....douche

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Oh, right. Ive been to busy, you know, following MY team.

09-05-2013, 12:59 AM
I'm curious, lets say a miracle happens and we win the superbowl this year with Alex leading the game winning drive late in the 4th qtr. Does this thread get bumped by Clay?

Jakemall
09-05-2013, 01:17 AM
You're pathetic.

You're right. I should have known better than to waste my time explaining something to you. :banghead:

Alex Smiff
09-05-2013, 02:08 AM
The problems 2011-2012 start and stop at Smith?

The O-Line and WRs were dandy? It's already been mentioned how Vernon Davis role in the pass game under Harbaugh is inconsistent at best.

In 2011 the 49ers rushed on 3rd down 70 times.
19 First Downs + 1 TD
28.6% success rate
That is pathetic and the Vikings last year with Ponder as the QB pass threat on 3rd down were much better than that.

2011 was not pretty but was to be expected with all the change in a lockout shortened year.

DAL, NO, IND, DET
They were all top 10 in 3rd down rate.
But on average their INT rate was right with the mediocre. 2.73%

Blamed the Oline and receivers :LOL::LOL::LOL:

2011 offense was lackluster because the QB was LIMITED! The offense was akin to an offense you'd use if you started a rookie.

People still think Smith is this hall of fame world beater who has been held down by "the man". :LOL::banghead:

ViperVisor
09-05-2013, 02:30 AM
Blamed the Oline and receivers :LOL::LOL::LOL:

2011 offense was lackluster because the QB was LIMITED! The offense was akin to an offense you'd use if you started a rookie.

They had to get it together in 7 weeks.
The 2nd and 3rd WRs on the depth chart combined for 30 catches as they ended up on IR or Cut.

The 49ers were 2nd worst in drops in 2011.
i.imgur.com/3OF79.png

Not go forward a year...

How did the 49ers with Alex Smith average 7.97 yards per pass in 2012?

That HAPPENED.

How, is the question.

The O-Line improved.
The pass targets other than Delanie Walker stopped the excessive drops.
The QB, Alex Smith, got better in the offense.

Alex Smiff
09-05-2013, 08:46 AM
About the pinky finger sprain excuse in the Giants game. Did anyone actually watch the game? The turnovers had nothing to do with his sprain. They were downright terrible decisions and he paid for it. Giants D knows how to play Alex, period.

Marmatag
09-05-2013, 09:57 AM
God, I registered on these forums just for kicks and I see that the usual Alex trolls are here clinging to his sack and continuing the endless, moronic debate on someone else's forums. Show some respect and let the Chiefs fans go through this calamity on their own.

We have an NFL section for this stupidity. Except for those of you who were banned. I'm guessing Chiefs fans can identify who those posters are.

Dear Chiefs fans,

Properly set your expectations and you'll enjoy the season. Nuff said.

-The Best Guy Ever

Rausch
09-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Dear Chiefs fans,

-The Best Guy Ever

I like this guy...

loochy
09-05-2013, 10:11 AM
God, I registered on these forums just for kicks and I see that the usual Alex trolls are here clinging to his sack and continuing the endless, moronic debate on someone else's forums. Show some respect and let the Chiefs fans go through this calamity on their own.

We have an NFL section for this stupidity. Except for those of you who were banned. I'm guessing Chiefs fans can identify who those posters are.

Dear Chiefs fans,

-The Best Guy Ever

:LOL: Solid first post. Rep.

Sandy Vagina
09-05-2013, 10:16 AM
^

I have already linked it that it was his middle finger on his throwing hand. No one can really say if it affected him or not. I bet it did... I am sure you will bet it didn't... blah blah blah... old news.

Mav
09-05-2013, 10:58 AM
I'm curious, lets say a miracle happens and we win the superbowl this year with Alex leading the game winning drive late in the 4th qtr. Does this thread get bumped by Clay?

Nope, cause he wont be here after 8 wins. He gave his word......

Jakemall
09-05-2013, 11:10 AM
^

I have already linked it that it was his middle finger on his throwing hand. No one can really say if it affected him or not. I bet it did... I am sure you will bet it didn't... blah blah blah... old news.

He has no choice but to deny it. If he doesn't, his arguments fall down like a card house.

Harbaugh hinted at it. Roman straight said that Alex was having issues.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/10/19/harbaugh-implies-smiths-finger-has-been-factor-in-past-2-games/

Also note how the game before and after Alex's QB rating goes through the roof.

9er guy
09-05-2013, 11:23 AM

The game before he had a 74.5 rating

The game after he played the Bills at home.

You're referring to the Cardinal game where his rating was 157. But it's the fucking Cardinals, so who cares?

Like, if you cant light up the Cards and Bills, we that defense?

He put up great numbers against shitty teams. Not sure you're making a strong point here.

Sandy Vagina
09-05-2013, 11:24 AM
He has no choice but to deny it. If he doesn't, his arguments fall down like a card house.

Harbaugh hinted at it. Roman straight said that Alex was having issues.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/10/19/harbaugh-implies-smiths-finger-has-been-factor-in-past-2-games/

nice link... don't recall reading that one, and yeah... points to the injury being an issue.

Sandy Vagina
09-05-2013, 11:26 AM
You're referring to the Cardinal game where his rating was 157. But it's the ****ing Cardinals, so who cares?

He put up great numbers against shitty teams. Not sure you're making a strong point here.

dude... Cardinals had a top 5 pass defense. :doh!:

9er guy
09-05-2013, 11:41 AM
dude... Cardinals had a top 5 pass defense. :doh!:

That's a misleading stat. They were 28th against the run, so why would you throw on them? Which is why Alex didn't meet the attempts requirement to break the record in that game.

Go look at the top ten team in terms of interceptions. 1 playoff team.

Go look at the top ten teams in terms of passing yards against. 1 playoff team.

Now go back and look at their Rushing defense. The average rank is 22.

The exception being Tamps who was first against the run but DEAD LAST against the pass.

We're talking about bad teams. No matter how you wanna spin it.

Fuuuck that. It doesn't matter how good your DB's are if you can generate no offense whatsoever and you can't stop the run. Lame duck team.

Go back and watch that game and tell me if you see a top five pass defense.

Their team is/was a complete joke.

Jakemall
09-05-2013, 11:45 AM
The game before he had a 74.5 rating

The game after he played the Bills at home.

You're referring to the Cardinal game where his rating was 157. But it's the ****ing Cardinals, so who cares?

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-average-team-passer-rating

Average QBR vs bills 84.4
Average QBR vs Cards 71.2

Alex vs Bills 156
Alex vs Cards 157

Yup... what was I thinking?

Yeah, you're going to complain that Alex didn't have an amazing QBR against a team that he didn't need to throw against since the running game put like 250 yards on the defense/

9er guy
09-05-2013, 11:59 AM
http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-average-team-passer-rating

Average QBR vs bills 84.4
Average QBR vs Cards 71.2

Alex vs Bills 156
Alex vs Cards 157

Yup... what was I thinking?

Yeah, you're going to complain that Alex didn't have an amazing QBR against a team that he didn't need to throw against since the running game put like 250 yards on the defense/

I'm not complaining. I mean, we won the games.

The bills had the 29th ranked strength of schedule.

You gotta remember the Cardinals started 4-0.

In those games they played:

Russell Wilson
Ryan Tannehill
Mike Vick
Tom Brady (They got after him, so I'll give them credit there)

Then in the midst of their nine game losing streak they played:
Sam Bradford x2
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Christian Ponder
Mark Sanchez
Russell Wilson again

And I'll even throw Jason Campbell in there.

Not exactly murderers row.

Now they, did have a 5 pick game against Matt Ryan. So again, I'll give them credit there.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Alex Smith still sucks, by the by.