PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Hammock Parties
10-10-2013, 01:34 PM
And you will flip flop if he has a good week grow up.

There's been no flip flopping.

Gave him credit for the Philly drive and NYG game. Otherwise...meh. And 9 picks. Nine?!

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Which is why my steady and consistent hate is going to win this race.

Well i will give you that.

Mav
10-10-2013, 01:35 PM
We're not talking about other QBs. Just ours.

Alex has been damn lucky.

No doubt about it........

ShowtimeSBMVP
There's been no flip flopping.

Gave him credit for the Philly drive and NYG game. Otherwise...meh. And 9 picks. Nine?!

Geno has almost 13int is that good?

Hammock Parties
Geno has almost 13int is that good?

We're not talking about Geno.

Bowser
Those poor throws ARE troubling. But if you're going to use that logic you have to factor in all the passes that have been missed/dropped by his own receivers. Would that basically counteract the negative throws he's made?

Mav

Depends. When does it end?

A super bowl, and ONLY a super bowl win?

If so, then you are probably correct.

NinerDoug
10-10-2013, 01:36 PM
We're not talking about other QBs. Just ours.

Alex has been damn lucky.

Every QB is lucky when an "almost pick" happens.

Mav
10-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Those poor throws ARE troubling. But if you're going to use that logic you have to factor in all the passes that have been missed/dropped by his own receivers. Would that basically counteract the negative throws he's made?

Or the TD they took away from BOWE.....

Hammock Parties
10-10-2013, 01:37 PM
Every QB is lucky when an "almost pick" happens.

6 seems like a lot.

Alex needs to clean up those mistakes before they lose games. It will happen.

Bowser
Or the TD they took away from BOWE.....

That too.....

Sweet Daddy Hate
Depends. When does it end?

A super bowl, and ONLY a super bowl win?

If so, then you are probably correct.

Why do we play this game?

To make money for the league?

To make money for the Hunts?

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-10-2013, 01:38 PM
6 seems like a lot.

So your telling me the chiefs wont go 16-0 OMG NO WAY FOR REAL?

ChiefsCountry
10-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Alex Smith threw 1 INT last game.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/smithpick3.gif

It should have been THREE. My GOD, gentlemen.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/smithpick1.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/smithpick2.gif

IN FACT, MULTIPLE DEFENDERS HAVE DROPPED INTERCEPTIONS IN PREVIOUS GAMES!

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/ALEXNOOO.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/badalex.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/alex%20bad.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/barwin.gif

These are early warning signs. Ignore them at your own peril.

Cliffs: Alex should have 9 INT this year. ZOUNDS.

The catch Bowe made and "stepped out" was almost a pick 6 as well. Alex has gotten pretty lucky this year. A couple of those were during important parts of the game that could have changed the outcome.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2013, 01:40 PM
The catch Bowe made and "stepped out" was almost a pick 6 as well. Alex has gotten pretty lucky this year. A couple of those were during important parts of the game that could have changed the outcome.

There are actually two more throws I didn't GIF, because one was on a hail mary, and another was on a ball Avery flubbed that was almost picked.

Can you imagine if Alex had 11 INT!!!!

Phobia
10-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Let me know when somebody besides haters starts tracking "missed interceptions". Those are called passes defensed in my world.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-10-2013, 01:42 PM
There are actually two more throws I didn't GIF, because one was on a hail mary, and another was on a ball Avery flubbed that was almost picked.

I know someone that has 8 real INT and you think he's god.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Let me know when somebody besides haters starts tracking "missed interceptions". Those are called passes defensed in my world.

There is a huge difference between a defender getting his hand on a ball and a guy flat out dropping a ball thrown right to him.

I knew Alex had had a couple of passes dropped by defenders but was honestly shocked by what I found.

That's a lot of should-be picks.

Marcellus
10-10-2013, 01:44 PM

Whats crazy is I haven't seen any other QB's almost throw a pick. Its uncanny.

:rolleyes:

Hell I think our defense has dropped 4 or 5 themselves.

NinerDoug
10-10-2013, 01:44 PM
6 seems like a lot.

Well, that's the problem with "almost picks." No easy way to tell if it's a lot or not. (Do you know of a source that lists near interceptions?)

The way things seem to me is that pretty much most games the commentators are saying at least once or twice "so and so got lucky on that one. That should have been an interception."

6 almost picks might be about average.

Mav
10-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Whats crazy is I haven't seen any other QB's almost throw a pick. Its uncanny.

:rolleyes:

Hell I think our defense has dropped 4 or 5 themselves.

The guy in your avatar, has at least ONE of those every game, and im pretty sure in the titans game, he dropped 3.......

Marcellus
There is a huge difference between a defender getting his hand on a ball and a guy flat out dropping a ball thrown right to him.

I knew Alex had had a couple of passes dropped by defenders but was honestly shocked by what I found.

That's a lot of should-be picks.

LMAO you have no clue.

PH31LJ27JC25

It's INSANE.

The Chiefs are 5-0 and these guys are counting "dropped interceptions."

LMAO

The Chiefs defense is the best defense in the NFL since the 2000 Ravens. The 2012 Ravens just won a Super Bowl with JOE FLACCO. JOE FLACCO.

I'm sorry. If I had a choice between Joe Flacco and Alex Smith I'll take Alex Smith 10 times out of 10.

And if Joe Flacco can win a Super Bowl, Alex Smith can win a Super Bowl.

Of course, the one season where we have arguably the best team in the NFL other than 1 team...that 1 team just so happens to be in our god damn division QB'd by the best QB ever. Awesome. Life of a Chiefs fan.

Marcellus
10-10-2013, 01:47 PM
The guy in your avatar, has at least ONE of those every game, and im pretty sure in the titans game, he dropped 3.......

Yea I bet Berry has dropped 3 or 4 himself this year.

PH31LJ27JC25
10-10-2013, 01:48 PM
The Ravens are going to have some miserable years ahead of them. Joe Flacco sucks. He just does. And he HAS to be their QB for at least the next 3-4 years. Talk about the luckiest run in the history of runs. Rahim Moore made Joe Flacco an extra $30M guaranteed.

PH31LJ27JC25
10-10-2013, 01:49 PM
By the way...

if any team is equipped for playoff football it is the Chiefs. This is a cold weather team. We are built to grit out tough wins in terrible weather. That would be our only chance against Peyton in December/January. Bone chilling, snowy weather.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 01:50 PM
The Ravens are going to have some miserable years ahead of them. Joe Flacco sucks. He just does. And he HAS to be their QB for at least the next 3-4 years. Talk about the luckiest run in the history of runs. Rahim Moore made Joe Flacco an extra $30M guaranteed.

Dumb Hootie is Dumb.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 01:50 PM
By the way...

if any team is equipped for playoff football it is the Chiefs. This is a cold weather team. We are built to grit out tough wins in terrible weather. That would be our only chance against Peyton in December/January. Bone chilling, snowy weather.

Against your lover, you mean?

AlexSmithDynasty
10-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Hahaha the leagues worst team from last year is undefeated yet all people want to talk about is how bad things could have happened. This is truly a sad and beaten down fanbase.

PH31LJ27JC25
10-10-2013, 01:53 PM
if you think Joe Flacco is a "franchise QB"...I don't know what to tell you.

I wouldn't take Alex Smith over Tony Romo. No way, no how.

I would take him over Joe Flacco every single day of the week. Anyone who watches football and understands it and doesn't just regurgitate what he hears from his board idols (you), understands that Joe Flacco is not a good QB. He is average. He can thank Jacoby Jones, Anquan Boldin, and Rahim Moore for his Super Bowl.

and now the Ravens (while I do envy them) have to suffer through 3-5 years of mediocrity because they are tied to a terrible, terrible, terrible contract for an average (to below average) NFL QB.

Aspengc8
10-10-2013, 01:55 PM
It's INSANE.

The Chiefs are 5-0 and these guys are counting "dropped interceptions."

LMAO

The Chiefs defense is the best defense in the NFL since the 2000 Ravens. The 2012 Ravens just won a Super Bowl with JOE FLACCO. JOE FLACCO.

I'm sorry. If I had a choice between Joe Flacco and Alex Smith I'll take Alex Smith 10 times out of 10.

And if Joe Flacco can win a Super Bowl, Alex Smith can win a Super Bowl.

Of course, the one season where we have arguably the best team in the NFL other than 1 team...that 1 team just so happens to be in our god damn division QB'd by the best QB ever. Awesome. Life of a Chiefs fan.

I'm a pretty big homer but that comment is just LOL.

PH31LJ27JC25
10-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Against your lover, you mean?

Peyton Manning is going to throw for 60 TD's this year and has a QB rating of 136.4. He has perfected the position. Machine. I envy great QB play. I don't latch on to Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez. I like QB's who can actually play.

PH31LJ27JC25
10-10-2013, 01:56 PM
I'm a pretty big homer but that comment is just LOL.

why?

what is our weakness?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Peyton Manning is going to throw for 60 TD's this year and has a QB rating of 136.4. He has perfected the position. Machine. I envy great QB play. I don't latch on to Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez. I like QB's who can actually play.

You've outed yourself, idiot. Time for the IP Banhammer.

NinerDoug
10-10-2013, 01:59 PM
if you think Joe Flacco is a "franchise QB"...I don't know what to tell you.

I wouldn't take Alex Smith over Tony Romo. No way, no how.
I would take him over Joe Flacco every single day of the week. Anyone who watches football and understands it and doesn't just regurgitate what he hears from his board idols (you), understands that Joe Flacco is not a good QB. He is average. He can thank Jacoby Jones, Anquan Boldin, and Rahim Moore for his Super Bowl.

and now the Ravens (while I do envy them) have to suffer through 3-5 years of mediocrity because they are tied to a terrible, terrible, terrible contract for an average (to below average) NFL QB.

I don't know. Romo is the better overall QB, no question about it. But he will choke in the big games, when Alex doesn't. So............

warrior
10-10-2013, 02:01 PM

No shit-- this thread is out of control now we have the should haves JFC hope you're happy clay you have chief fans at each others throat instead of enjoying winning for a change. :huh:

PH31LJ27JC25
10-10-2013, 02:02 PM
You've outed yourself, idiot. Time for the IP Banhammer.

says the guy who has been banned and came back three times?

got it

ChiefsCountry
10-10-2013, 02:03 PM

I wouldn't say 11 ints, maybe 2 or 3 more to the total would be more like it. It would be about right on for his stats when had to throw the ball 35 times a game in San Franny.

That's his average for 35 or more attempts per game
364/641
23/40 per game average
20 TDs
19 Ints
71.4 QB Rating
5.7 Yards Per Attempt
4.9 Yards Per Completion

How is Alex doing this year?
108/185
22/37
7 TDs
3 Ints
83.7 QB Rating
6.5 Yards Per Attempt
11.1 Yards Per Completion

Essentially he is the same predicatable Alex Smith when throwing the ball a lot but he is not throwing as many picks and doing much better on the yards per completion.

PH31LJ27JC25
10-10-2013, 02:04 PM
I don't know. Romo is the better overall QB, no question about it. But he will choke in the big games, when Alex doesn't. So............

I think choking is pretty much a myth. Maybe I'm more of a Romo apologist than I should be...but if the Cowboys didn't have Romo the past few years that's a 5 win team, tops.

He makes that team significantly better than they are.

Mav
10-10-2013, 02:07 PM
I think choking is pretty much a myth. Maybe I'm more of a Romo apologist than I should be...but if the Cowboys didn't have Romo the past few years that's a 5 win team, tops.

Im not sure how you classify someone who can put up stats like no ones business. But in close games finds ways to choke over and over.

Defintely not a myth. Defintely a huge reason they missed the playoffs last year. The choke job against the Saints, and I think the Giants was of epic proportions, and both at home in Dallas, and both on turnovers by him.

Hes a choke artist. has been ever since the bobbled snap.

Its what keeps him from being considered Elite.

Marcellus
10-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Essentially he is the same predicatable Alex Smith when throwing the ball a lot but he is not throwing as many picks and doing much better on the yards per completion.

This would be the exact opposite of what Clay and many other predicted was going to happen.

Not that that is shocking by any means.

Aspengc8
10-10-2013, 02:28 PM
why?

what is our weakness?

Its not about weaknesses. Overall talent wise, our defense is not the BEST the NFL has seen in the last 13 years, since the Ravens. We are very good, but there have been some damn good defenses since 2000. If this year pans out well, I would add 2013 Chiefs to it.

In no particular order...

2000 Ravens
2006 Ravens
2003 Ravens
2002 Buccaneers
2000 Titans
2008 Titans
2009 Jets
2004 Steelers
2008 Steelers
2003 Patriots
2005 Bears
2010 packers
2001 Eagles

NinerDoug
10-10-2013, 03:35 PM

A myth? Seriously? Did you not see highlights from the Dallas Broncos game last Sunday? That's not choking? How about fumbling the snap in the playoffs and singlehandedly losing the game? Myth?

ratchet
10-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Its not about weaknesses. Overall talent wise, our defense is not the BEST the NFL has seen in the last 13 years, since the Ravens. We are very good, but there have been some damn good defenses since 2000. If this year pans out well, I would add 2013 Chiefs to it.

In no particular order...

2000 Ravens
2006 Ravens
2003 Ravens
2002 Buccaneers
2000 Titans
2008 Titans
2009 Jets
2004 Steelers
2008 Steelers
2003 Patriots
2005 Bears
2010 packers
2001 Eagles

I would also add 2011 49ers

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 03:37 PM
A myth? Seriously? Did you not see highlights from the Dallas Broncos game last Sunday? That's not choking? How about fumbling the snap in the playoffs and singlehandedly losing the game? Myth?

Dumb Hootie has a man-crush on Homo.

RefsWhistle
10-10-2013, 04:20 PM
I don't think Smith is anywhere near a top tier QB but he has done a great job. If any of you think you would be 5-0 with Cassel you are dreaming. Honestly these talks about who sucks and what to do about position X should be saved for the off season unless we have some obvious hole or injury. Immediate concern is having a better record then the Broncos, locking up the division lead, and going into the playoffs. Once your in you just have to keep winning.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2013, 04:23 PM
6.5 YPA @ 58 percent

GREAT JOB ALEX

Sandy Vagina
10-10-2013, 04:24 PM
I don't think Smith is anywhere near a top tier QB but he has done a great job. If any of you think you would be 5-0 with Cassel you are dreaming. Honestly these talks about who sucks and what to do about position X should be saved for the off season unless we have some obvious hole or injury. Immediate concern is having a better record then the Broncos, locking up the division lead, and going into the playoffs. Once your in you just have to keep winning.

I think Alex is in that 2nd tier of QBs... somewhere in the 8-15 crowd, depending on what the team needs.

I am not ready to say he has "done a great job with KC yet." I think he has done well enough, considering what he has to work with.

Having a better record than Denver is a really tall order... at least this season. It would be surprising and delightful if they could overtake them.. but I think this year, they will have to settle for 2nd place in the AFCW. It's impressive enough that they are looking near locked in to a playoff seed.. and like you say.. once in, they can make some real noise if the offense gets its shit together a bit more.

PH31LJ27JC25
10-10-2013, 04:31 PM

how was that choking?

and the fumbled snap is A TERRIBLE example of choking.

Last week Romo played out of his mind good. Tom Brady threw a pick to end the game, too. When was the last time Tom "God" Brady did something where you said to yourself, "oh man, clutch."

Why does Tony Romo always get shit on when his team loses? News flash. If 25 other NFL QB's QB'd the Cowboys last Sunday their teams wouldn't have even been in position to "choke". Romo had the ability to almost win a shootout with a QB who is going to shatter every single single season record this year. He was flat out IMPRESSIVE on Sunday. He made so many plays other QB's JUST CAN'T MAKE.

The issue is...the Cowboys are "America's Team." So we remember the losses and forget the wins. The casual fan lacks objectivity.

Romo is a top 7 NFL QB. If Romo was the Chiefs QB, we'd be a very, very, very realistic Super Bowl contender.

As we sit with Alex Smith...I won't rule out a Super Bowl but QB's like Smith and Flacco need all the breaks in the world like Flacco got last year.

(Oh and Peyton "choked" last year. At least he put his team in the position to get Rahim Moore'd. More than "Mr. Clutch" Tom Brady can say about the following week when he shit down his leg time, and time, and time, and time again. Oh but Tom Terrific was NEVER called a choker. Double standard. It amuses me.)

PH31LJ27JC25
10-10-2013, 04:34 PM
In order, here is my list of who I'd want QB'ing the Chiefs for THIS SEASON and THIS SEASON only:

1) Peyton Manning
2) Drew Brees
3) Aaron Rodgers
4) Russell Wilson
5) Andrew Luck (probably should flip flop 4 and 5 but I'm stubborn)
6) Tom Brady
7) Tony Romo
8) Matt Ryan
9) Colin Kaepernick
10) Eli Manning

PH31LJ27JC25
10-10-2013, 04:36 PM
I want someone to truly define "clutch" and "choke" for me. Eli in his 1st Super Bowl threw a game ending, gimme INT to Asante Samuel who dropped it. Then Eli went on to become "super clutch."

Super Bowl #2 for Eli was delivered by a Wes Welker drop. "Super Clutch."

Tom Brady had a kicker who was kicking 45 yarders in an ice storm right down the pipe...TOM CLUTCH!

Peyton Manning once had a kicker who had a chance to send a playoff game into overtime push a 40 yarder about 40 yards right. PEYTON CHOKE!

Bill Parcells had his starting QB holding extra points. Dumb.

Choking and Clutch Play is 100% arbitrary and 100% biased on who people hate. This board hates Peyton and Romo...this board loves Brady. It's funny stuff.

NinerDoug
10-10-2013, 04:38 PM
6.5 YPA @ 58 percent

GREAT JOB ALEX

Well, for Fantasy Football, Alex sucks. Tony Romo is your man.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Well, for Fantasy Football, Alex sucks. Tony Romo is your man.

He sucks for real football, too. Unless you have an elite defense. Then he'll herp derp his way into the playoffs and right out of 'em, too.

Sandy Vagina
10-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Then he'll herp derp his way into the playoffs and right out of 'em, too.

Another prognosticator playing with his crystal balls.

If your prediction comes to fruition, then that alone would be lots more than you deserved in the first place.

MTG#10
10-10-2013, 04:48 PM
I want someone to truly define "clutch" and "choke" for me. Eli in his 1st Super Bowl threw a game ending, gimme INT to Asante Samuel who dropped it. Then Eli went on to become "super clutch."

Super Bowl #2 for Eli was delivered by a Wes Welker drop. "Super Clutch."

Tom Brady had a kicker who was kicking 45 yarders in an ice storm right down the pipe...TOM CLUTCH!

Peyton Manning once had a kicker who had a chance to send a playoff game into overtime push a 40 yarder about 40 yards right. PEYTON CHOKE!

Bill Parcells had his starting QB holding extra points. Dumb.

Choking and Clutch Play is 100% arbitrary and 100% biased on who people hate. This board hates Peyton and Romo...this board loves Brady. It's funny stuff.

Welcome back. What took so long?

mattschiefs
10-10-2013, 05:02 PM
He sucks for real football, too. Unless you have an elite defense. Then he'll herp derp his way into the playoffs and right out of 'em, too.

He has this team 5-0

And in the 4th he has taken this team down for game winning/clinching drives

Yep horrible

NinerDoug
10-10-2013, 05:17 PM
He has this team 5-0

Yep horrible

Pssssst! That's not real football. Real football is the kind where you have a bunch of different players from different teams and you win or lose based on their stats. Ws and Ls in actual games don't count. They're not real.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-10-2013, 05:18 PM

Funny if it wasn't for 49ers ST in 2011 Alex Smith would be in the Superbowl.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 05:26 PM
He has this team 5-0

Yep horrible

He does? Really?

Let's give him the Jets running game, and see how...He does with that.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-10-2013, 05:28 PM
He does? Really?

Let's give him the Jets running game, and see how...He does with that.

Do you Geno lovers just make crap up or what? Jets have a better running game then the Chiefs this year. But let's not let facts get in your way.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/rushingYards

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Do you Geno lovers just make crap up or what? Jets have a better running game then the Chiefs this year. But let's not let facts get in your way.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/rushingYards

By TWO FUCKING YARDS?????LMAO

mattschiefs
10-10-2013, 05:33 PM
By TWO ****ING YARDS?????LMAO

Then they are about even so ummmmmmmmmm he pretty much has the Jets running game

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-10-2013, 05:34 PM
By TWO ****ING YARDS?????LMAO

So your point is Alex would be doing the same then.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Then they are about even so ummmmmmmmmm he pretty much has the Jets running game

He's not to bright.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 05:35 PM
So your point is Alex would be doing the same then.

He would be worse. No Charles to lean on worse.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-10-2013, 05:36 PM

:facepalm:

mattschiefs
10-10-2013, 05:39 PM

Ummmmmmm
we have Charles and there ahead of us still even if it is just by 2 yards in the running game :doh!:

Hammock Parties
10-10-2013, 05:44 PM

Charles is 2nd in the NFL in yards from scrimmage.

O.city
10-10-2013, 05:44 PM

YAC don't count. Remember?

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-10-2013, 05:45 PM

We're talking about running games. My god you Geno lovers cant be this dumb can you?

Hammock Parties
10-10-2013, 05:45 PM
YAC don't count. Remember?

Would you stop. LMAO

Hammock Parties
10-10-2013, 05:46 PM
We're talking about running games. My god you Geno lovers cant be this dumb can you?

Charles is 5th in the NFL in rushing, dumbass.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-10-2013, 05:46 PM

Your butt buddy said give Alex the Jets running game and i pointed out that the Jets have a better running game this year.

O.city
10-10-2013, 05:47 PM
I would kill for the Jets OL.

ShowtimeSBMVP
Charles is 5th in the NFL in rushing, dumbass.

Once again the Jets have a better running game this year. Your a big stat guy nice of you to throw them out the window when you lose.

O.city
YAC don't count. Neither do yards if the WR is wide open.

Brock
10-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Anybody think bilal powell faces a stacked box on every run play?

Nightfyre
10-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Once again the Jets have a better running game this year. Your a big stat guy nice of you to throw them out the window when you lose.

What an intruiging morsel of analytical fail.

mattschiefs
10-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Anybody think bilal powell faces a stacked box on every run play?

The questions not who's the better rb the statment that was made was that Smith didn't have the jets running game

Well he doesn't that running game however is right with the chiefs so really from the statement that was made its pretty dead even

O.city
What an intruiging morsel of analytical fail.

The Jets don't have a better running game?

ViperVisor
RBs with 40+ carries

Charles is 15th in YARDS per rush

Bilal Powell is 17th

The only way KC and NYJ have decent team rush #'s is cause Smiths are pitching it 100+ yards each.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Once again the Jets have a better running game this year.

Seriously.

Put Bilal Powell on this offense instead of Charles.

Think he's 2nd in the NFL in yards from scrimmage?

Dumbass.

Hammock Parties

BILAL FUCKING POWELL

ShowtimeSBMVP

He's a dumb ass.

JF08
10-10-2013, 05:54 PM
how was that choking?

and the fumbled snap is A TERRIBLE example of choking.

Last week Romo played out of his mind good. Tom Brady threw a pick to end the game, too. When was the last time Tom "God" Brady did something where you said to yourself, "oh man, clutch."

Why does Tony Romo always get shit on when his team loses? News flash. If 25 other NFL QB's QB'd the Cowboys last Sunday their teams wouldn't have even been in position to "choke". Romo had the ability to almost win a shootout with a QB who is going to shatter every single single season record this year. He was flat out IMPRESSIVE on Sunday. He made so many plays other QB's JUST CAN'T MAKE.

The issue is...the Cowboys are "America's Team." So we remember the losses and forget the wins. The casual fan lacks objectivity.

Romo is a top 7 NFL QB. If Romo was the Chiefs QB, we'd be a very, very, very realistic Super Bowl contender.

As we sit with Alex Smith...I won't rule out a Super Bowl but QB's like Smith and Flacco need all the breaks in the world like Flacco got last year.

(Oh and Peyton "choked" last year. At least he put his team in the position to get Rahim Moore'd. More than "Mr. Clutch" Tom Brady can say about the following week when he shit down his leg time, and time, and time, and time again. Oh but Tom Terrific was NEVER called a choker. Double standard. It amuses me.)

This is what drives me crazy about this argument about QB's. People forget the SALARY CAP. Sure, Romo would have more production than Smith, but his cap figure would also mean A LOT of guys wouldn't be here, probably on defense. Who would you cut?

The reason I've always like Smith (the last few years anyway) is that he plays beyond his salary. Sure, he doesn't light it up like the elite QB's, but his team first style is winning football, and it isn't that expensive. As he gets better, will he command more salary? Yes, but he'll never be that guy that holds out for $20 million plus per year (eh hmm Flacco). He restructured his rookie deal in SF, and he'd take a "hometown deal" to keep the team intact.

But Smith haters, go ahead and proceed with your Madden-world of what ifs...

mattschiefs
Seriously.

Dumbass.

Again the point that was raised was the RUNNING GAME.

That's the point that was raised that's the point that is being responded to.

ShowtimeSBMVP
Seriously.

Dumbass.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/rushingYards/order/false

Well so far the Jets have a better running game.

Sandy Vagina
10-10-2013, 05:56 PM
KC offensive efficiency is now ranked 14th overall... NYJ offensive efficiency is 27th overall.

Regardless of the Jets though, KC offense being 14th is not great, but it's also not so bad. They have 2 missing TEs... are 12th most for team drops... 7th most offensive penalties. And anyone watching these games can see how badly the O-penalties are hurting these drives.

Just relax for ****'s sake... If Reid would get his head out of his ass and stop with all of these shotgun/spread looks with JC as the only back? Things would be much better. Go back to Sherman leading the way for JC... utilize PA with last season's best PA quarterback.. especially on 3rd and 4 or less.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 05:57 PM
The butthurt has become embarrassingly obtuse.

mattschiefs
Jets 610 Yards for 122.0 YPG

Chiefs 603 yards for 120.6

So yes as things stand the Jets DO have a slightly better running game then the Chiefs That's facts folks

ShowtimeSBMVP
KC offensive efficiency is now ranked 14th overall... NYJ offensive efficiency is 27th overall.

Regardless of the Jets though, KC offense being 14th is not great, but it's also not so bad. They have 2 missing TEs... are 12th most for team drops... 7th most offensive penalties. And anyone watching these games can see how badly the O-penalties are hurting these drives.

Just relax for ****'s sake... If Reid would get his head out of his ass and stop with all of these shotgun/spread looks with JC as the only back? Things would be much better. Go back to Sherman leading the way for JC... utilize PA with last season's best PA quarterback.. especially on 3rd and 4 or less.

We have no room for facts here.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Again the point that was raised was the RUNNING GAME.

That's the point that was raised that's the point that is being responded to.

OK.

I'm Geno would be no better with Jamaal.

BigMeatballDave
10-10-2013, 05:59 PM
The butthurt has become embarrassingly obtuse.

Do you ever get tired of riding Clay's coattails?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 06:01 PM
OK.

I thought I clarified the Charles Factor? Anywho, they may continue with the merry-go-round...

ShowtimeSBMVP
OK.

Man you missed the point. Sweet Daddy Hate said give Alex the Jets Running game and the facts prove that the Jets have a better running game.

mattschiefs
OK.

Geno most likely would be better with Charles true we will never no

But again the fact that was brought up that people are being called dumbasses for addressing is still the facts.

Overall the Jets running game has been slightly better then the Chiefs that's FACT not Opinion

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Do you ever get tired of riding Clay's coattails?

He sets 'em up, I knock 'em down.

It's a great working relationship on par with Brady-Welker/Tom-Jerry.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Geno most likely would be better with Charles true we will never no

But again the fact that was brought up that people are being called dumbasses for addressing is still the facts.

Overall the Jets running game has been slightly better then the Chiefs that's FACT not Opinion

No offense in football is better with Bilal Powell vs Jamaal Charles. FACT.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Man you missed the point. Sweet Daddy Hate said give Alex the Jets Running game and the facts prove that the Jets have a better running game.

Give Alex that running game and the offense gets even worse. No Jamaal Charles? Are you fucking kidding me?

Red Dawg
10-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Jets 610 Yards for 122.0 YPG

Chiefs 603 yards for 120.6

So yes as things stand the Jets DO have a slightly better running game then the Chiefs That's facts folks

JC is catching a lot of passes you dumbass.

mattschiefs
10-10-2013, 06:10 PM
No offense in football is better with Bilal Powell vs Jamaal Charles. FACT.

That I agree with

But that wasn't the point raised and that was being addressed

Even with The Chiefs having Charles the Jets have a better running game at this point then the Chiefs

We were just addressing a point that was brought up

It wasn't a whos better Powell or Charles debate

If it was I would without doubt go with Charles

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 06:11 PM

The YAC is actually pretty low in comparison with his total yardage, comprising under a third.

But, a third nonetheless.

mattschiefs
10-10-2013, 06:12 PM

What is it with the Geno Lovers and the dumbass thing?

AGAIN
The statment was made that Smith didn't have the Jets running game. THAT'S WHAT WAS SAID. GO READ IT.

It was answered with FACT so how is it being a dumbass agian?

Facts are on our side on this one whos the dumbass?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 06:14 PM
What is it with the Geno Lovers and the dumbass thing?

AGAIN
The statment was made that Smith didn't have the Jets running game. THAT'S WHAT WAS SAID. GO READ IT.

It was answered with FACT so how is it being a dumbass agian?

Facts are on our side on this one whos the dumbass?

CHARLES IS THE FUCKING RUNNING GAME.

IMPLIED, MOTHERFUCKER; DO YOU SPEAK IT?!?!?

FringeNC
10-10-2013, 06:17 PM
6.5 YPA @ 58 percent

GREAT JOB ALEX

Trent Geen probably led the NFL in YPA from 2002-2005. Was he the best QB in the league?

mattschiefs
10-10-2013, 06:18 PM
CHARLES IS THE ****ING RUNNING GAME.

IMPLIED, MOTHER****ER; DO YOU SPEAK IT?!?!?

Ummmm Smith has done his fair share of running to he has run for 161 of the 603 yards that makes up over 25% of the running game so Charles is not alone.
Infact over 30% of the running is not from charles. but why let those facts get in the way of the geno love

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Ummmm Smith has done his fair share of running to he has run for 161 of the 603 yards that makes up over 25% of the running game so Charles is not alone.
Infact over 30% of the running is not from charles. but why let those facts get in the way of the geno love

So, Axl can get the Jets running game over the top for them, then? That's fantastic!

Let's arrange a trade!

mattschiefs
10-10-2013, 06:21 PM
So, Axl can get the Jets running game over the top for them, then? That's fantastic!

Let's arrange a trade!

Didn't say that at all

And I would rather not have a guy on pace for over 30 turnovers. We had that last year and it didn't work out so good

Hammock Parties
10-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Trent Geen probably led the NFL in YPA from 2002-2005. Was he the best QB in the league?

No, but he was a hell of a lot better than Alex Smith.

Sandy Vagina
10-10-2013, 06:24 PM

... and who might be throwing him these passes? :hmmm:

awesome! You just got owned, Sweet Pussy and Claynus. :D

Geno might turn into a fine QB, who knows? But if you are the ones claiming to love your team and only your team? (and you are) Then you should stop worrying so much about the Jets and Geno. Dude is a NYJ, and that's just the way it is. Just deal with it like men.. not bickering little butthurt twats.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 06:27 PM

All of 5 to 7 yards? Why, Wonder Boy of course!

mattschiefs
10-10-2013, 06:28 PM

awesome! You just got owned, Sweet Pussy and Claynus. :D

Geno might turn into a fine QB, who knows? But if you are the ones claiming to love your team and only your team? (and you are) Then you should stop worrying so much about the Jets and Geno. Dude is a NYJ, and that's just the way it is. Just deal with it like men.. not bickering little butthurt twats.

I think Geno will be a good starter in the NFL he might be able to take a team all the way if they build the right team around him. But he wasn't the right fit for the Chiefs. The Chiefs had a bunch of talent some of the DJ,Hali are going to be coming towards the end of there primes in the next 3 to 4 seasons as they are getting close to 10 years in the NFL. Asking them to wait whats left of the end of there primes for a rookie QB to Maybe turn out good just wasn't smart.And replacing a turnover maching with a turnover machine wouldn't be smart either. That's not a knock on Geno Smith that's a knock on Rookie QBs. It happens to most Rookie QBs. Geno just wasn't the right fit for the talent we have.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Even with The Chiefs having Charles the Jets have a better running game at this point then the Chiefs

Statistically, yes.

Realistically. LMAO

Kaepernick
10-10-2013, 06:30 PM

So predictable, I predicted it back in August. He is your leading receiver and it is not even close.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=9892826&highlight=charles+will+be+your+leading+receiver#post9892826

Andy brought Alex in to secure the ball, read defenses, and throw screen passes to Charles.

Jamaal Charles will be the Chiefs leading receiver for 2013.

08-16-2013, 08:02 PM

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 06:30 PM
I think Geno will be a good starter in the NFL he might be able to take a team all the way if they build the right team around him. But he wasn't the right fit for the Chiefs. The Chiefs had a bunch of talent some of the DJ,Hali are going to be coming towards the end of there primes in the next 3 to 4 seasons as they are getting close to 10 years in the NFL. Asking them to wait whats left of the end of there primes for a rookie QB to Maybe turn out good just wasn't smart.And replacing a turnover maching with a turnover machine wouldn't be smart either. That's not a knock on Geno Smith that's a knock on Rookie QBs. It happens to most Rookie QBs. Geno just wasn't the right fit for the talent we have.

The curse of "Win Now".

Gets you sub-par game-management at inflated market value.

mattschiefs
10-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Statistically, yes.

Realistically. LMAO

You know what I AGREE with you.

But facts are facts

I'm sure the Chiefs will overtake the Jets in rushing. But until it happens the Jets still have the better running game and that's the fact that was being brought up why the geno supports are so quick to want to get rid of this fact I don't no

Sandy Vagina
10-10-2013, 06:32 PM

Absolute truth spoken here. Plus, to think Geno could step right in and be a WCO quarterback? http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/9360/deadhorse.gif

off topic: LOL at the Eli interception just thrown!

Hammock Parties
A team with Bilal Powell has a better running game than a team with Jamaal Charles.

LMAO

Kaepernick
All of 5 to 7 yards? Why, Wonder Boy of course!

You lie like hell! Many are thrown BEHIND the line of scrimmage.

Marcellus
10-10-2013, 06:33 PM
6.5 YPA @ 58 percent

GREAT JOB ALEX

LMAO all offseason you whined about yards per completion and now you whine about what he was good at last season.

You aren't even a good troll.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-10-2013, 06:33 PM
A team with Bilal Powell has a better running game than a team with Jamaal Charles.

LMAO

No one is saying Powell is better. The Jets have a better running game now. It's funny how you use stats

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 06:34 PM

I've seen the Chiefs roll that POS play for so long, I've honestly tried to remove it from the hard drive of my mind.

mattschiefs
10-10-2013, 06:36 PM

LMAO

Crazy as it is that's what he facts say

In 2 or 3 weeks they most likely will say otherwise but as things stand we live in a crazy world where Powell's running game is better

Kaepernick
I've seen the Chiefs roll that POS play for so long, I've honestly tried to remove it from the hard drive of my mind.

Then you are just not drinking enough.

Ah, the brain scrubbing effects of good old liquor. :D

Sweet Daddy Hate

Well, technically, it's about 3 to 5 yards from Axl's geodesic coordinates to Charles, even horizontally. So...

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Then you are just not drinking enough.

Ah, the brain scrubbing effects of good old liquor. :D

I tell you; the Chiefs and alcoholism are match made in Heaven.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Crazy as it is that's what he facts say

In 2 or 3 weeks they most likely will say otherwise but as things stand we live in a crazy world where Powell's running game is better

Not if you use your brain, retard. Do you know ANYTHING about football?

Marcellus
10-10-2013, 06:42 PM

Lol the irony is epic.

mattschiefs
10-10-2013, 06:43 PM

AWWWW geno lovers

Want to throw stat after stat on you but as soon as you use one that doesn't support them you're a retard and don't no anything about football good to no

The facts would say you're the one not using your brain But again why let facts get in the way feel free to resume kissing Geno's backside

Jakemall
10-10-2013, 06:43 PM
He sets 'em up, I knock 'em down.

It's a great working relationship on par with Brady-Welker/Tom-Jerry.

http://undeclared.tv/undeclared/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/dumb_a.jpg

Marcellus
10-10-2013, 06:45 PM
http://undeclared.tv/undeclared/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/dumb_a.jpg

Lmao

ViperVisor
10-10-2013, 06:46 PM
http://abload.de/img/11y9jqm.jpg http://abload.de/img/22213ju2.jpg

Marcellus
10-10-2013, 06:47 PM
http://abload.de/img/11y9jqm.jpg http://abload.de/img/22213ju2.jpg

Do you know anything about football! LMAO

Baby Lee
10-10-2013, 06:51 PM
There's a prime-time national game on and you guys are still munching buttholes in this thread?

WTF?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Bears v Giants?

Yawn.

Bearcat
10-10-2013, 06:54 PM
There's a prime-time national game on and you guys are still munching buttholes in this thread?

WTF?

They are multitasking... clearly using at least 95% of their brain to concentrate on the game or something else, because this shit has clearly gone full retard tonight.

ViperVisor
10-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Do you know anything about football! LMAO

It's obvious the first 4 games the running game inconsistency was just as bad as the passing.

Late in the game it's been good at sealing the deal.

A mediocre running game and penalties are not helping the offense.
Smith could be doing more to make up the difference but hasn't been pushing it. Back hasn't been against the wall much so no reason to press your luck. Tougher games will probably have to.

splatbass
10-10-2013, 11:47 PM

Hate only hurts the hater.

splatbass
10-11-2013, 12:02 AM
I think choking is pretty much a myth. Maybe I'm more of a Romo apologist than I should be...

He choked against Denver. Probably our last chance to go up a game on them, destroyed by Romo's choking.

Chiefspants
10-11-2013, 12:33 AM
He choked against Denver. Probably our last chance to go up a game on them, destroyed by Romo's choking.

The cowboys defense had done their part to douse that game in gasoline.

Romo just lit the match.

splatbass
10-11-2013, 12:50 AM
The cowboys defense had done their part to douse that game in gasoline.

Romo just lit the match.

Well, the Cowboys are the only team to have any chance to beat Denver so far. They were tied with 1:40 left in the game and had the ball when Romo threw the pick.

Chiefspants
10-11-2013, 01:03 AM
Well, the Cowboys are the only team to have any chance to beat Denver so far. They were tied with 1:40 left in the game and had the ball when Romo threw the pick.

True, but Romo was very much part (if not the only reason) they were in the game until the final two minutes.

The game was a microcosm of Romo's career. Hall of Fame quality for the first 97%, Matt Cassel for the last 3%.

Hammock Parties
10-13-2013, 04:30 PM
Season stats for this guy are on a downward trend. Just really putrid.

56.4%

6.15 yards per attempt

79.8 QB Rating

Tribal Warfare
10-13-2013, 04:36 PM

56.4%

6.15 yards per attempt

79.8 QB Rating

Franchise QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MTG#10
10-13-2013, 04:37 PM
Yeah it's becoming harder and harder for his ballwashers to defend him.

Hammock Parties
10-13-2013, 04:44 PM
7 TDs in 6 games. Really?

Gravedigger
10-13-2013, 04:45 PM
He's becoming Cassel, the only step left is for him to throw picks.

BigMeatballDave
10-13-2013, 04:45 PM

Anemic

Tribal Warfare
10-13-2013, 04:47 PM
He's becoming Cassel, the only step left is for him to throw picks.

Grading out perfectly, and not taking any ownership of his mistakes.

DeezNutz
10-13-2013, 04:47 PM
Aggressive Alex Smith is a viable NFL QB, but that's just not who he is.

Week 6 Alex Smith is best served as a backup.

notorious
10-13-2013, 04:48 PM
He has sucked, but I have given him a break since he has put together big drives when we needed it the most.

Today was just pure diarrhea.

Sure-Oz
Smith is average at best and won't 'lose' the game but I hope the Chiefs continue to improve the QB position. This coming draft they better get lineman and WR to help but still need a QB.

Planetman

56.4%

6.15 yards per attempt

79.8 QB Rating
The good news is you're only 2 wins away from a year long ban and we won't have to watch you post shit like this for a while. :)

BigMeatballDave
10-13-2013, 04:51 PM
Grading out perfectly, and not taking any ownership of his mistakes.

No need to when you win.

Hammock Parties
10-13-2013, 04:51 PM
The good news is you're only 2 wins away from a year long ban and we won't have to watch you post shit like this for a while. :)

Sorry to disappoint, but Maverick has graciously released me from the bet after a light slap on the wrist.

He is truly a wonderful individual and a man of great character, intelligence and class.

BigMeatballDave
10-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Sorry to disappoint, but Maverick has graciously released me from the bet after a light slap on the wrist.

He is truly a wonderful individual and a man of great character, intelligence and class.

LOL Is this the auto-response for when that question/comment is made?

Kaepernick
10-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Aggressive Alex Smith is a viable NFL QB, but that's just not who he is.

Week 6 Alex Smith is best served as a backup.

You guys know exactly what you have in Alex. My work here is done.

petegz28
10-13-2013, 05:17 PM
You guys know exactly what you have in Alex. My work here is done.

Yep, 6-0. On his worst day as a Chief he is still light years better than anything we have had since Trent Green.

Kaepernick

An honorable man would not welch on his bet. A man is only as good as his word.

Hammock Parties
Yep, 6-0. On his worst day as a Chief he is still light years better than anything we have had since Trent Green.

This isn't true. So far he's proving to be far worse than 2010 Matt Cassel.

petegz28
10-13-2013, 05:18 PM

6-0 and the 2010 Cassel got ass stomped by the Raiders at Arrowhead

Mav
10-13-2013, 05:20 PM
An honorable man would not welch on his bet. A man is only as good as his word.

He didn't welch. He didn't ask to get let out of the bet. from week one, through week 5, after every win, I asked him to please lets call the bet off.

After week 5, we came to an accord.

He is not a welcher as far as I am concerned considering I was clearly going to win said bet, and I decided to take a high road.

Mav
10-13-2013, 05:21 PM

I cant even argue it. The Chiefs defense is the best defense since the 2000 ravens. They are absolutely evil on that side of the ball. If they get Flowers healthy, I don't know how the Broncos are going to score.

King_Chief_Fan
10-13-2013, 05:22 PM

How many were needed?

Hammock Parties
10-13-2013, 05:23 PM
These are the kinds of throws you need to make to play with the big boys in the NFL. At the end of the day I just have no confidence in Alex to make them.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3382337/stills.gif

Hammock Parties
10-13-2013, 05:24 PM
6-0 and the 2010 Cassel got ass stomped by the Raiders at Arrowhead

At least Cassel could throw a few TDs, hook up with Bowe, etc.

Alex is trending downwards, fast.

DCs have him figured out. Dude has almost 0 ability to throw outside the numbers this year.

ChiefAshhole20
10-13-2013, 05:33 PM
He's winning games, how do we know he isnt just doing exactly what Reid has been telling him to do?

Hammock Parties
10-13-2013, 05:34 PM
He's winning games, how do we know he isnt just doing exactly what Reid has been telling him to do?

Reid tells him to miss open receivers?

Why that fucking Benedict Arnold...

Mav
10-13-2013, 05:35 PM

No. I am a HUGE alex smith guy. An apologist as well.

there is no way that this is the way andy reid envisions his offense.

Alex Smith has looked so bad the past two weeks. But today, was absolute GARBAGE.

Brock
10-13-2013, 05:35 PM

LMAO where the fuck do you people come from?

Hammock Parties
10-13-2013, 05:36 PM
No. I am a HUGE alex smith guy. An apologist as well.

there is no way that this is the way andy reid envisions his offense.

Alex Smith has looked so bad the past two weeks. But today, was absolute GARBAGE.

Rep for being honest.

splatbass
10-13-2013, 05:36 PM

Yeah, I thought the play calling at times was terrible. When we could have put the game away with a long drive in the middle of the 4th we went three and out and didn't run much clock off due to the play calling. We should have been running the ball, not passing.

Mav
10-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I thought the play calling at times was terrible. When we could have put the game away with a long drive in the middle of the 4th we went three and out and didn't run much clock off due to the play calling. We should have been running the ball, not passing.

That could be a part of it. But, there is NO reason that he was so off. Even on screen plays. He was absolutely awful awful execution.

Its fine to be honest and hold people accountable, without being labeled a hater.

And yes, there were multiple parts, the oline......

But, when there were throws to be made, Alex failed miserably.

Maybe the play calling was suspect as well.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
10-13-2013, 05:42 PM
This run seems Tebow-ish.

GordonGekko
10-13-2013, 05:45 PM

He is not winning the games. The defense is doing most of the work.

If we didn't have the defense, this team would be 2-4 at best with the way the offense is playing.

Lol? I'm sure Andy Reid is telling Alex Smith to throw for zero td's and 130 yards total.

Mav
10-13-2013, 05:45 PM
This run seems Tebow-ish.

certainly this past two weeks. I actually thought that myself.

Its almost at this point, like Alex Smith, and Kaepernick are seeing who can do less, and still win.

This week, Alex is KILLING Kaepernick in the suck department.

Mav
10-13-2013, 05:46 PM
He is not winning the games. The defense is doing ALLLLLLL of the work.

If we didn't have the defense, this team would be 2-4 at best with the way the offense is playing.

Lol? I'm sure Andy Reid is telling Alex Smith to throw for zero td's and 130 yards total.

fyp

Pasta Little Brioni
10-13-2013, 05:56 PM
Dude is charmed for sure.

Hammock Parties
10-13-2013, 05:56 PM
Dude is charmed for sure.

He's basically played with three No. 1 defenses in three years.

DTLB58
10-13-2013, 06:01 PM

Part of it is that, part of it is Alex. I saw him staring down at the pass rush today instead of keeping his eyes downfield. Also, when there were receivers open, down field he was very inaccuracute. This offense could be making many more plays the last two weeks if Alex would just get them the damn ball.

He progressed games 1-3 he is regressing games 4-6. His best attribute right now is his running ability.

When some dude comes off the Bills practice squad and looks better than our starter... Yeah, I know they lost, but they don't have our D. Smith did nothing today Cassel hasn't ever done. It's very disheartening at 6-0 to feel this way.

KCBOSS1
10-13-2013, 06:08 PM
It was ugly... but 26-4-1 since 2011. That's all that counts

Saccopoo
10-13-2013, 06:09 PM
Part of it is that, part of it is Alex. I saw him staring down at the pass rush today instead of keeping his eyes downfield. Also, when there were receivers open, down field he was very inaccuracute. This offense could be making many more plays the last two weeks if Alex would just get them the damn ball.

He progressed games 1-3 he is regressing games 4-6. His best attribute right now is his running ability.

When some dude comes off the Bills practice squad and looks better than our starter... Yeah, I know they lost, but they don't have our D. Smith did nothing today Cassel hasn't ever done. It's very disheartening at 6-0 to feel this way.

Smith did 6-0.

Cassel has never done that.

And if you are disheartened at 6-0, then you, sir, are an idiot.

Alex Smith 4Ever
10-13-2013, 06:43 PM
6-0

Brock
10-13-2013, 06:47 PM
6-0

Yep. In spite of the black hole at qb.

crazychiefsfan
10-13-2013, 06:48 PM
This post is fucking stupid! Stop bringing it up. This is what makes me not want to be any part of this site!!

petegz28
10-13-2013, 06:49 PM
Yep. In spite of the black hole at qb.

Smith had his worst game as a Chief and we still won. I am not going to say there is a "black hole" at QB. For as much as he was chased around today, the dude never turned the ball over. So when he isn't making plays to help us he at least isn't making plays to hurt us either.

ChiefsCountry
10-13-2013, 06:49 PM
This post is ****ing stupid! Stop bringing it up. This is what makes me not want to be any part of this site!!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvpl9gSkZ71qkxjew.jpg

BigCatDaddy
10-13-2013, 07:00 PM
Smith had his worst game as a Chief and we still won. I am not going to say there is a "black hole" at QB. For as much as he was chased around today, the dude never turned the ball over. So when he isn't making plays to help us he at least isn't making plays to hurt us either.

Are you also a Holocaust denier?

Messier
10-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Smith seems to get more and more gun shy. I think with how the D is playing, he should be okay with a mistake here or there knowing the D will bail them out.

ChiefsCountry
10-13-2013, 07:06 PM
It was ugly... but 26-4-1 since 2011. That's all that counts

1-1 is the number that counts.

petegz28
10-13-2013, 07:07 PM
Smith seems to get more and more gun shy. I think with how the D is playing, he should be okay with a mistake here or there knowing the D will bail them out.

By the same token, when he sees the D playing this way then why force it? Let Colquitt pin the deep, D holds them and we get the ball back and try again.

crazychiefsfan
10-13-2013, 07:07 PM
DIE THREAD DIE :cuss:

King_Chief_Fan
10-13-2013, 07:11 PM

Disheartening?
Wow...take things in life that don't matter serious much?

duncan_idaho
10-13-2013, 07:31 PM
Smith did 6-0.

Cassel has never done that.

And if you are disheartened at 6-0, then you, sir, are an idiot.

Cassel would have been at WORST 5-1 in 2010 through 6 games had the Chiefs been limiting teams to fewer than 11 points per game.

Give him the 4.7 PPG the defense/special teams are putting up through that time span, and he's likely 6-0.

This start has not required special quarterback play, and Alex Smith has rarely looked special this season. I'll give him the second half of the Giants game and a few drives here and there in the first 4 weeks. But he has been disappointing at best the last two weeks.

I don't think it's idiotic in the slightest to be disheartened by the offensive performance of late, especially after the past two weeks. The Chiefs offense MUST be better to take full advantage of this great D. It's a championship-caliber D. Performances on O like the last two weeks will get the Chiefs bounced against an elite/complete/playoff team.

I get being disheartened by that.

Saccopoo
10-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Cassel would have been at WORST 5-1 in 2010 through 6 games had the Chiefs been limiting teams to fewer than 11 points per game.

Give him the 4.7 PPG the defense/special teams are putting up through that time span, and he's likely 6-0.

This start has not required special quarterback play, and Alex Smith has rarely looked special this season. I'll give him the second half of the Giants game and a few drives here and there in the first 4 weeks. But he has been disappointing at best the last two weeks.

I don't think it's idiotic in the slightest to be disheartened by the offensive performance of late, especially after the past two weeks. The Chiefs offense MUST be better to take full advantage of this great D. It's a championship-caliber D. Performances on O like the last two weeks will get the Chiefs bounced against an elite/complete/playoff team.

I get being disheartened by that.

Really? You are getting your panties in a knot about a hypothetical bounce from the playoffs when this team, this franchise hasn't even won a playoff game in 20 ****ING YEARS?!?!?

After we were 2-14 last season no less.

Oh noes!!!! We might get bounced from the playoffs by an elite team! (And who exactly are these elite teams in the AFC right now, btw? The teams that have you sweating your balls off, having you contemplating suicide at the mere thought of our offense having to go against them?)

http://cache.blippitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Jim-Mora-Playoffs.jpg

TripleThreat
10-13-2013, 07:39 PM
We are 6 and 0.. I'm not worried about us getting outgunned in the playoffs until it happens. We are finding ways to win now so I'd assume we are going to find ways in the playoffs. If we don't find a way in the playoffs I dgaf this will be a way better year than last year seeing as we tripled our wins.. But if we get outgunned and smacked around then we will need a change on O

Brock
10-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Really? You are getting your panties in a knot about a hypothetical bounce from the playoffs when this team, this franchise hasn't even won a playoff game in 20 ****ING YEARS?!?!?

Oh noes!!!! We might get bounced from the playoffs by an elite team! (And who exactly are these elite teams in the AFC right now, btw? The teams that have you sweating your balls off, having you contemplating suicide at the mere thought of our offense having to go against them?)

It wouldn't bother you at all, the knowledge that even above average qb play makes this a serious, serious super bowl contender? Nobody here gives a shit what the record was last year. Completely irrelevant to now.

duncan_idaho
10-13-2013, 07:48 PM

You would describe what I said as getting my panties in a bunch? Interesting.

One can enjoy the Chiefs being awesome on D and winning games in the regular season (rather than being so terrible, your best outlet is laughing at them in a mocking manner while watching the game) while also being cognizant, concerned or even DISHEARTENED about the suckiness of the offense and it likely wasting the efforts of this defense in the long run of the season.

If the way the team is built is likely to continue the pathetic ineptitude in the postseason we have experienced as a Chiefs fans, that limits the enjoyment of the regular season ride.

At least for anybody who isn't satisfied with just making the playoffs...

ChiefsCountry
10-13-2013, 07:51 PM
6-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.getbullish.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg

duncan_idaho
10-13-2013, 07:56 PM
We are 6 and 0.. I'm not worried about us getting outgunned in the playoffs until it happens. We are finding ways to win now so I'd assume we are going to find ways in the playoffs.

That's a faulty assumption, in my opinion. Most playoff teams avoid the plethora of mistakes the Chiefs have feasted on so far.

If we don't find a way in the playoffs I dgaf this will be a way better year than last year seeing as we tripled our wins.. But if we get outgunned and smacked around then we will need a change on O

And I think many DGAF about tripling, quadrupling or even sextupling the W total if the way the Chiefs do it is flawed and not a formula that can succeed in the postseason.

Three7s
10-13-2013, 08:00 PM

Broncos, Patriots, Colts would all beat the Chiefs with the this offense as it is now. Of course, judging by your first paragraph, I guess the playoffs is enough to make most of us happy.

You, clearly, have no idea what Duncan intended with that post.

Messier
10-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Alex Smith isn't playing poorly as much as he's being careful to a fault. Maybe you can say what's the difference? A bad QB that makes poor decisions isn't an easy fix, Smith needs to loosen up in the worst way. He's smart, and most likely is over thinking everything. In not wanting to make a mistake, he, and the offense become completely ineffectual.

BigCatDaddy
10-13-2013, 08:09 PM
Alex Smith isn't playing poorly as much as he's being careful to a fault. Maybe you can say what's the difference? A bad QB that makes poor decisions isn't an easy fix, Smith needs to loosen up in the worst way. He's smart, and most likely is over thinking everything. In not wanting to make a mistake, he, and the offense become completely ineffectual.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Messier
10-13-2013, 08:11 PM
LMAO LMAO LMAO

Brock
10-13-2013, 08:12 PM

Is this a joke? He was throwing uncatchable passes to receivers in the backfield.

Messier
10-13-2013, 08:14 PM
Is this your new, the "truefans" are the bad guys, approach, the whole head in the sand thing. Keep telling like it is real fan!

ChiefsCountry
10-13-2013, 08:14 PM
NBC Sports Radio right now is ripping Alex Smith.

BigCatDaddy
10-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Is this a joke? He was throwing uncatchable passes to receivers in the backfield.

It's a last grasp for straws to save face. Hell, even the 9er douches are jumping ship.

Marcellus
10-13-2013, 08:16 PM
NBC Sports Radio right now is ripping Alex Smith.

Well shit, is that going to effect next weeks line?

O.city
10-13-2013, 08:19 PM
Average to slightly above average qb play in today's nfl, makes this team a Super Bowl contender.

Messier
10-13-2013, 08:23 PM
Smith has played progressively worse the last three weeks. It's not good. I guess where you real fans and I differ, is you seem to think this is what Smith is.

notorious
10-13-2013, 08:24 PM

239 yards of fucking offense. That's garbage.

saphojunkie
10-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Average to slightly above average qb play in today's nfl, makes this team a Super Bowl contender.

That's exactly what Alex Smith is. :shrug:

O.city
10-13-2013, 08:26 PM

That's not what he's playing like.

Marcellus
10-13-2013, 08:27 PM

239 yards of ****ing offense. That's garbage.

Yes it is. And had Avery not fumbled the offense would have scored 21 points.

This team is 2002 Ravenesk or whatever year it was.

Discuss Thrower
10-13-2013, 08:28 PM
Yes it is. And had Avery not fumbled the offense would have scored 21 points.

This team is 2002 Ravenesk or whatever year it was.

The 2000 Ravens wouldn't win past the Wild Card round if they played in today's NFL.

Brock
10-13-2013, 08:29 PM

Not as of right now.

saphojunkie
10-13-2013, 08:29 PM

His YPA, YPG, and 3rd down conversion rates are terrible.

But his TD/INT and ball security is what keep him from dipping into below average.

I can think of 16 quarterbacks starting this year that I wouldn't take over Alex Smith. But probably only 16. I think he might be the exact middle of the pack.

O.city
10-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Again, if we could get Alex smith from the second half of the giants game for the next 3 months?

Yeah I'd give us a chance to beat anyone

Marcellus

I get that except look around the leauge and offense isnt exactly a commodity.

Green Bay didn't score a TD until 2nd half.

Seattle same.

Last week was similar. There seems to be a defensive edge aside from Denver going on.

Cincy and Cleveland have stellar defenses.

Pitt, the Giants, and Houston cant score.

Weird shit going on.

BigCatDaddy

It's what he always has been. I did a projection in the offseason of what his QB rating would be if he were to be asked to throw this many times per game and it projected almost perfectly. Just above 80.

Marcellus
10-13-2013, 08:31 PM
The 2000 Ravens wouldn't win past the Wild Card round if they played in today's NFL.

Yea that's a provable theory.

saphojunkie
10-13-2013, 08:32 PM
Yeah, I just looked at the list... No I can't. I can't come up with 16 QB's that I would take Alex over. I can come up with 11, and two of them play for Jacksonville.

Yikes.

O.city
10-13-2013, 08:33 PM

Seattle same.

Last week was similar. There seems to be a defensive edge aside from Denver going on.

Weird shit going on.

Yes, it seems that way.

That's also why this year went from chance to make playoffs, to bigger goals. We have a top 3 defense. SB caliber.

If our offense can be just a bit above average, we can do some damage.

Marcellus
10-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Yeah, I just looked at the list... No I can't. I can't come up with 16 QB's that I would take Alex over. I can come up with 11, and two of them play for Jacksonville.

Yikes.

You have 2 QBs that play for JAX you would take over Smith?

petegz28
10-13-2013, 08:35 PM

Yikes.

you're a flat out idiot if you would take Gabbert over Smith. Or Henne.

BigCatDaddy
10-13-2013, 08:35 PM

Seattle same.

Weird shit going on.

At as shitty as they have been Alice is still 18th and 19th in QB rating and yard/game :eek:

Brock
10-13-2013, 08:36 PM
you're a flat out idiot if you would take Gabbert over Smith. Or Henne.

That is not what he said.

Marcellus
10-13-2013, 08:37 PM
At as shitty as they have been Alice is still 18th and 19th in QB rating and yard/game :eek:

There isn't a big difference between 8 and 20 right now.

petegz28
10-13-2013, 08:40 PM
That is not what he said.

my bad...I misread that

BigCatDaddy
10-13-2013, 08:41 PM
There isn't a big difference between 8 and 20 right now.

I'm referring to the original ratings. I value it more than the new one.

Vick is 13th at about 90 than it drops off quite a bit to Bradford at 14 (85).

Alice is also 40 yards/game from the top 10 in yards per game.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-13-2013, 08:41 PM
There are alot of flawed teams. We went from 13 ppg to 20 plus already this season.

Marcellus
10-13-2013, 08:43 PM
I'm referring to the original ratings. I value it more than the new one.

1 Peyton Manning, QB DEN 150 198 75.8 1,884 9.52 78 20 1 5 136.4 377
2 Tony Romo, QB DAL 135 188 71.8 1,523 8.10 82 13 2 13 114.3 305
3 Philip Rivers, QB SD 140 190 73.7 1,610 8.47 56 13 5 8 110.6 322
4 Drew Brees, QB NO 140 201 69.7 1,722 8.57 67 12 4 13 107.4 344
5 Aaron Rodgers, QB GB 101 152 66.4 1,331 8.76 83 9 3 11 105.5 333
6 Matt Ryan, QB ATL 151 218 69.3 1,649 7.56 81 10 3 9 100.9 330
7 Jake Locker, QB TEN 69 111 62.2 721 6.50 35 6 0 9 99.0 180
8 Terrelle Pryor, QB OAK 71 104 68.3 845 8.13 73 4 2 11 97.6 211
9 Jay Cutler, QB CHI 143 217 65.9 1,630 7.51 58 12 6 9 95.2 272
10 Matthew Stafford, QB DET 125 196 63.8 1,524 7.78 77 8 3 8 94.9 305
RK PLAYER TEAM COMP ATT PCT YDS YDS/A LONG TD INT SACK RATE YDS/G
11 Andrew Luck, QB IND 97 156 62.2 1,144 7.33 73 7 2 12 94.1 229
12 Russell Wilson, QB SEA 74 127 58.3 997 7.85 51 8 4 15 91.2 199
13 Michael Vick, QB PHI 71 132 53.8 1,185 8.98 70 5 2 14 90.6 237
14 Sam Bradford, QB STL 126 216 58.3 1,315 6.09 47 10 3 13 85.7 263
15 Ryan Tannehill, QB MIA 114 182 62.6 1,383 7.60 67 6 5 24 85.5 277
16 Robert Griffin III, QB WSH 106 170 62.4 1,202 7.07 44 6 4 7 85.5 301
17 Ben Roethlisberger, QB PIT 103 162 63.6 1,231 7.60 45 5 5 15 84.2 308
18 Alex Smith, QB KC 108 185 58.4 1,202 6.50 51 7 3 13 83.7 240
19 Andy Dalton, QB CIN 114 175 65.1 1,215 6.94 61 5 5 11 82.9 243
20 Brian Hoyer, QB CLE 57 96 59.4 615 6.41 47 5 3 6 82.6 205

Pryor a 97.6? Jake Locker at 99? You value that?

Pryor was sacked 10X and threw 3 picks today. LMAO

BigCatDaddy
10-13-2013, 08:46 PM
Pryor a 97.6? Jake Locker at 99? You value that?

Pryor was sacked 10X and threw 3 picks today. LMAO

Locker has been looking like he was turning the corner this year but both guys have a smaller sample size from missing games than most of the rest so I wouldn't put as much stock in those that have played in every game. Anybody with a clue right now would give Alice up for Locker in a heartbeat.

Marcellus
10-13-2013, 08:47 PM
Locker has been looking like he was turning the corner this year but both guys have a smaller sample size from missing games than most of the rest.

BTW your buddy is missing from that list. You know the list you have the most belief in.

BigCatDaddy
10-13-2013, 08:48 PM
BTW your buddy is missing from that list.

Yeah, Geno and Manuel are 23 and 24 I believe at like 80. So 2 rookies are nipping on Alices heels and they don't have 8 years of NFL experience.

Marcellus
10-13-2013, 08:52 PM
Yeah, Geno and Manuel are 23 and 24 I believe at like 80. So 2 rookies are nipping on Alices heels and they don't have 8 years of NFL experience.

You do realize the odds they both do as starters is almost 0 right?

Mav
10-13-2013, 08:53 PM

Your qb is NOT Brandon weeden. I don't want to hear shit about your qb situation. No ones is worse than Clevelands right now.

Nope. Not even Jacksonvilles.....

BigCatDaddy
10-13-2013, 09:03 PM
You do realize the odds they both do as starters is almost 0 right?

Well Alice wasn't even really a starter for his entire tenure either.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Look, there are problems on the offense that are not necessarily Smith-related. That said, this guy isn't even CLOSE to what Gannon did back in the day. Gannon was as consistent as Tamba Hali is today, but Axl is just pure "blech".

Marcellus
10-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Well Alice wasn't even really a starter for his entire tenure either.

Great comeback.

You think Geno and Manuel are both starting 8 years later?

Maybe, but statistically doubtful.

BigCatDaddy
10-13-2013, 09:12 PM
Great comeback.

You think Geno and Manuel are both starting 8 years later?

Maybe, but statistically doubtful.

Not a comeback, I'm just trying to clarify what you are saying. Do I think both Geno and Manuel will start in the NFL for the next 8 seasons? Stats say likely not for any number of reasons from injury to sucking to an elite level QB ending up playing behind them. There are a lot of guys that I have a hard time seeing not starting in the NFL for the next 8 years, but stats say some of them won't, so yeah I'd say odds are against it. I'm not really sure at this point that I would be sure Kaepernick, Wilson, or even RG3 are going to be 8 year starters.

splatbass
10-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Of course, judging by your first paragraph, I guess the playoffs is enough to make most of us happy.

We were 2-14 and very possibly the worst team in the history of the NFL last year. Making the playoffs (after starting 6-0) would be damn near a miracle in the first year after that embarrassment. We are the first team EVER to go from 2-14 to 6-0. Some of you act like if we don't win the SB the season is a failure, but that is absurd and you are delusional. This season has gone better than any of us expected. The fact that we are even talking about the possibility of the playoffs at this point is amazing. A lot of people here didn't think we would win 6 games in the entire season.

So you are damned right the playoffs is enough to make me happy this year.

O.city
10-13-2013, 09:32 PM
Before the year making the playoffs were huge.

Now, expectations are much higher

Mav
10-13-2013, 09:39 PM

And that is natural, and acceptable correct?

Someone should bump the season prediction thread lol.

splatbass
10-13-2013, 09:43 PM

Do you think that winning a SB is a reasonable possibility this year? It has never in the history of the NFL been done by a team that went 2-14 the previous year, so it seems a little unrealistic to expect it now.

BigCatDaddy
10-13-2013, 09:43 PM

Yep. Nobody expected the defense to become so dominant, even with all the talent we knew was on there. The defense has raised the expectations that is appears the QB won't be able to meet.

Mav
10-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Do you think that winning a SB is a reasonable possibility this year? It has never in the history of the NFL been done by a team that went 2-14 the previous year, so it seems a little unrealistic to expect it now.
There is a first for everything. The Chiefs already are the only team in history to be 2-14, and start the next season 6-0. If the Chiefs get any offense at all, with the Chiefs defense, they can not only beat anyone, but BEAT THEM DOWN and badly.

This defense, is better than the 2011 49ers defense which was as dominant a defense as I have seen since 2000 until now.
Yep. Nobody expected the defense to become so dominant, even with all the talent we knew was on there. The defense has raised the expectations that is appears the QB won't be able to meet.

Your point is fair. But, get back to me after the next 10 games are played.

Things have to be better, hell they couldn't be MUCH worse correct?

splatbass
10-13-2013, 09:52 PM
There is a first for everything. The Chiefs already are the only team in history to be 2-14, and start the next season 6-0. If the Chiefs get any offense at all, with the Chiefs defense, they can not only beat anyone, but BEAT THEM DOWN and badly.

Certainly is it possible for them to do it, but I am talking about fan expectations here. It is unrealistic to think that a SB win is the minimum acceptable outcome under these circumstances. Getting to the playoffs is an acceptable outcome for a team that was the worst team in NFL history last year.

Mav
10-13-2013, 09:56 PM
Certainly is it possible for them to do it, but I am talking about fan expectations here. It is unrealistic to think that a SB win is the minimum acceptable outcome under these circumstances. Getting to the playoffs is an acceptable outcome for a team that was the worst team in NFL history last year.

And that's fair. As you are entitled to your opinion. I always was higher on the potential of the Chiefs than most here because I had seen it before with the 49ers. I also knew of the talent that the Chiefs had on defense, and in particular, REALLY liked what I knew of Sean Smith.

So, I expected a 10-6 season with a wild card win on the road. Defenses and run games and teams that don't turn the ball over, usually travel well.

But, yes. I agree. But at this point in the season. The object has to be more I believe. And I say that because I believe everyone in the CHIEFS organization believe and feel that way.