PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Kaepernick
08-13-2013, 11:01 AM
At this point in his career. His skill set is what it is.

He's going to be good at the stuff he's good at and bad at the stuff he's bad at.

I don't think pre-season is the only time you're going to see some of those throws. You guys will be debating ALL SEASON about this guy.

That is a FACT. Alex gives you so much hope, you constantly think he is on the verge of turning the corner to becoming a top QB. Then he regresses. If you see that cycle enough times, you realize he has at his ceiling and quit hoping to see improvement.

Alex is a solid mid-tier QB, a 12-20 ranked QB and one who can certainly manage a top 10 team to a super bowl win. The gif is a perfect illustration of a mental weakness that, among others, will keep Alex ever from rising up to the top tiers. It is not as if he doesn't have the intelligence or athleticism to do so.

JF08
08-13-2013, 11:01 AM
But this will be what you're going to get with him.

You're going to get very efficient play in terms of completions and Rating.

I think what was missing for me(when he was in SF) were impact plays from the QB position. Big plays, chunk yardage, things like that.

His completion pct will be high, that just how he plays. But I wonder if he'll be able to make the more difficult throws that he's struggled with throughout his career.

I get what you're saying, I'm a Niners fan too. But I came to respect Alex for his perseverance through all the bullshit that the organization put him and the rest of the team through. He never gave up, even when he should have.

Some QB's are physically gifted enough to come up with those plays on their own (like Kaep). Some QB's need a good system around them to succeed - their chunk plays come from repetition, study, and consistency. Over time, those plays become more common - not because they suddenly got a stronger arm, but because the system around them improved over time. Alex fits into the latter category.

There is a reason he was the #1 pick, and it wasn't because of his rocket arm and huge stature. He is a genius when it comes to football. Yes, he is conservative, but as he gained confidence the past season and a half, his yards per completion went up, and so did his completion percentage. Interceptions went down, and the wins starting coming. What he needs is time to develop with the same system, same team, so that he can gradually take more chances. Simply chucking the ball around to "find out" what he's capable of is ludicrous. This isn't Saturday flag football at the beach.

jd1020
08-13-2013, 11:02 AM
Oh man. They haven't seen anything yet. Wait until there's a guy open 40 yards downfield and Smitty checks it down for a two-yard gain on 3rd and 5.

Ummm, we are kind of used to that level of ineptitude.

KC native
08-13-2013, 11:03 AM
But this will be what you're going to get with him.

You're going to get very efficient play in terms of completions and Rating.

I think what was missing for me(when he was in SF) were impact plays from the QB position. Big plays, chunk yardage, things like that.

His completion pct will be high, that just how he plays. But I wonder if he'll be able to make the more difficult throws that he's struggled with throughout his career.

Hey sounds like a qb we just got rid of.

mdchiefsfan
08-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Are you kidding me? He's got 20+ yards of green grass ahead of McCluster to put the ball. If he can't make that throw... :banghead:

I get how much space was in front McCluster, that's not what I am talking about. The issue is the defender in front of him. He has no time to plant and throw. He would have to jump and throw to get it over the defender.

9er guy
08-13-2013, 11:05 AM
Ummm, we are kind of used to that level of ineptitude.

*Sigh* It's rough brotha. But again, this guy doesn't need to be Tom Brady to get you guys in the tournament.

The AFC is WIDE OPEN. I don't believe in any Peyton Manning lead team in the postseason, so I'm not sold on Denver.

9er guy
08-13-2013, 11:06 AM
He would have to jump and throw to get it over the defender.

Or throw it while you're running. Just a thought.

jd1020
08-13-2013, 11:06 AM
I get how much space was in front McCluster, that's not what I am talking about. The issue is the defender in front of him. He has no time to plant and throw. He would have to jump and throw to get it over the defender.

GTFO if you think that defender is a problem in making that throw. The problem is Alex Smith being a good ol' boy that doesn't want to entertain the idea of making a mistake and takes the safe route 99.9% of the time.

Kaepernick
08-13-2013, 11:07 AM
So the guy goes 7/8 and all you guys can talk about is the one incomplete pass? No wonder the Chiefs have sucked for so long - the fan base is riddled with negative nancy's! You guys are trolls.

NO.

It is a clear illustration of Alex's success with the check downs and dump offs vs. he weakness being unwilling to pull the trigger on some passes. It illustrates perfectly what Alex can do -- putting the ball in the hands of his receiving backs to sustain drives, and what he can't do -- show willingness to throw into a window, to throw receivers open, to throw into coverage as needed.

I don't care if he went 49 for 50. The play stands on its own as a topic for discussion, when that topic is Alex's inability to see the open receiver, or unwillingness to throw the ball.

Alex is risk averse.

Here is a perfect example.

That is the difference between Alex and a guy like Eli Manning. Eli is in no way elite, but he is NOT risk averse. In clutch play, Eli still ATTACKS the defense. Often it ends in interceptions, but it also brought him 2 super bowl rings from the wild-card slot.

Alex is too cautious. No guts, no glory. We have seen that for years and years. Now the Chiefs fans will be seeing it.

Alex is risk averse. And that only takes you so far...

Ace Gunner
08-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Line-of-sight? The devil you say. Alex has line-of-sight between 2 spread defenders when the WR is circled in yellow. He HAS line-of-sight. WFT? 5'-10" Russell Wilson would have had line-of-sight on that pass, AND COMPLETED IT.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/wtfalex.gif

Somebody else made the Alexcuse that a DB is in the right corner. Yes, with the WR in the middle of the field wide open and half the field to work with. That is an EASY completion for most QBs. EASY.

Alex often can't see or is unwilling to pull the trigger down field. I've seen this too many times, too many years to buy your Alexcuses. Don't mind me. I'll let you wait until mid-season when you've also seen it too many times and are pulling your hair out in frustration. You are gonna learn this from first hand experience and it won't take many games to see it.

that's a broken play -- Hudson got plowed and the guy was in smiff's face when that play was designed to pull the trigger on Baldwin.

Hudson has got to get better than this -- was not impressed.

mdchiefsfan
08-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Or throw it while you're running. Just a thought.

If he did that he would be throwing across his body, which is a big no-no. Sorry. Not a good throw to try. He tried to rush past the defender, but he wound up just accelerating faster than McCluster LMAO and then there was no play.

jd1020
08-13-2013, 11:09 AM
If he did that he would be throwing across his body, which is a big no-no. Sorry. Not a good throw to try. He tried to rush past the defender, but he wound up just accelerating faster than McCluster LMAO and then there was no play.

He accelerated faster than McCluster? At least we know you are blind as fuck now.

9er guy
08-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Simply chucking the ball around to "find out" what he's capable of is ludicrous. This isn't Saturday flag football at the beach.

We're talking about a 10 yard throw to a wide open McCluster.

mdchiefsfan
08-13-2013, 11:12 AM
GTFO if you think that defender is a problem in making that throw. The problem is Alex Smith being a good ol' boy that doesn't want to entertain the idea of making a mistake and takes the safe route 99.9% of the time.

It was the right call.

Jakemall
08-13-2013, 11:12 AM

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/wtfalex2.gif

Not just the defender in his face..that is part of it...but there is a DB sitting on top watching the whole thing..and he's not 20 yards out...he's not 15 yards out...he's less than 10 and in position to make a play.

If Alex wanted to try and make this play, he'd have to pop it up and short so that his guy could barely make it to the ball. At which point he'd get hit by either the LB that's 5 yards short of him or the DB on top.

It's just not worth it. He made the right call.

mdchiefsfan
08-13-2013, 11:13 AM
He accelerated faster than McCluster? At least we know you are blind as **** now.

You don't see him try to run around the defender hoping McCluster would be there on the other side and McCluster stays at the same pace?

jd1020
08-13-2013, 11:13 AM
http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/wtfalex2.gif

Not just the defender in his face..that is part of it...but there is a DB sitting on top watching the whole thing..and he's not 20 yards out...he's not 15 yards out...he's less than 10 and in position to make a play.

If Alex wanted to try and make this play, he'd have to pop it up and short so that his guy could barely make it to the ball. At which point he'd get hit by either the LB that's 5 yards short of him or the DB on top.

It's just not worth it. He made the right call.

ROFL

If you think that DB had any play on the ball if it was thrown you're an idiot.

9er guy
08-13-2013, 11:14 AM

What you have to do is take the hit.

McCluster is faster than Smith. So it's only across the body once Dex is even with Smith. Smith has to extend his arm for the short flip and take the hit.

Now it's pre-season , so you're not trying to take unnecessary knocks.

So in that respect, I get it. But in terms of a football play?

There's a play to me made there. That's what you guys brought him in to do.

jd1020
08-13-2013, 11:15 AM
You don't see him try to run around the defender hoping McCluster would be there on the other side and McCluster stays at the same pace?

You're an idiot.

McCluster is done running at full speed by that point because he's wide the fuck open and doing the classic "Throw the ball Casse... I mean Smith!"

Jakemall
08-13-2013, 11:17 AM
ROFL

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

O.city
08-13-2013, 11:17 AM
And that's not throwing across his body btw.

mdchiefsfan
08-13-2013, 11:18 AM
What you have to do is take the hit.

McCluster is faster than Smith. So it's only across the body once Dex is even with Smith. Smith has to extend his arm for the short flip and take the hit.

Now it's pre-season , so you're not trying to take unnecessary knocks.

So in that respect, I get it. But in terms of a football play?

There's a play to me made there. That's what you guys brought him in to do.

I'm referencing the point that McCluster is circled in the gif, that throw would be across his body since he is running to the right and McCluster is never even with Smith. If Smith slows down to let McCluster even up, he's sacked. If he throws, he throws across his body.

Kaepernick
that's a broken play -- Hudson got plowed and the guy was in smiff's face when that play was designed to pull the trigger on Baldwin.

I'll buy that, but again, look at Alex's play.

Makes me wonder if he even saw the reciever in midfield or just locked in on the receiver in the end zone all the way.

Sandy Vagina
There was still risk in that throw. Why force it and take the chance when you can just set up for a better opportunity on the next play? They had driven the field and Alex didn't want to demoralize his players by taking a risk that results in a tipped pass INT or a ball that sails a little over and right to the DB.

Ripping into a QB for what amounted to a TD drive on the opening and only possession? That's pretty weak and petty.

9er guy
And that's not throwing across his body btw.

Exactly.

mdchiefsfan
08-13-2013, 11:19 AM
You're an idiot.

McCluster is done running at full speed by that point because he's wide the **** open and doing the classic "Throw the ball Casse... I mean Smith!"

Ha! I wish I could tell what players were thinking just from watching a gif. I'm the idiot? :thumb:

EDIT: If that is the case and McCluster let up on the play, then that play is on him since there could have been a completion once Smith out hustled the defender.

jd1020
08-13-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm referencing the point that McCluster is circled in the gif, that throw would be across his body since he is running to the right and McCluster is never even with Smith. If Smith slows down to let McCluster even up, he's sacked. If he throws, he throws across his body.

... Do you even understand that McCluster is running to the sideline and you dont throw at him and instead throw in front of him?

9er guy
08-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Kaep would have made that throw. On a fucking rope.

jd1020
Ha! I wish I could tell what players were thinking just from watching a gif. I'm the idiot? :thumb:

Ya, it's a real mystery what he was thinking by extending his arms out in the universal "I'm open" way.

J Diddy
ROFL

He starts to break on it and stops 5 yards from where McCluster would be if AS threw that ball. Keep in mind he's rolling to his right, arm isn't even cocked, and with 2 defenders in his face. How much zip is he going to put on that to travel 20+ yards that that defender isn't going to make a break on it?

Jakemall

Does Alex ever even look to the center of the field for the WR? It looks to me like his is looking to his right all the way. 8 year veteran and it looks to me like he never even SEES the WR in the middle of the field. He seems to be locked in on the receiver to the right, come hell or high water.

If you watch, his head does turn once briefly...so he sees it...or at least I think he does. He made a choice. We can all argue if it was the right choice.

9er guy
08-13-2013, 11:22 AM
... Do you even understand that McCluster is running to the sideline and you dont throw at him and instead throw in front of him?

Yea, like why would you stop and throw it backwards?

The dude is still running a route. There's still a path to the ball.

He's going to either have to plant or throw on the run.

Either way he's probably going to get hit. So I get why he threw it away.

But at some point, if you want the team to be where you're aiming to be, that throw is going to have to be made.

RunKC
08-13-2013, 11:22 AM
You can really tell who has actually played football in their life by reading some of the posts in this thread.

Throwing the ball across your body on the run is a terrible idea.

Go look at Peyton Manning's INT in OT that sealed the Broncos season last year. Same exact situation. The difference was that Manning was stupid enough to try to make the throw.

jd1020
08-13-2013, 11:23 AM
You can really tell who has actually played football in their life by reading some of the posts in this thread.

Go look at Peyton Manning's INT in OT that sealed the Broncos season last year. Same exact situation. The difference was that Manning was stupid enough to try to make the throw.

Nah, the difference was Manning threw across his body whereas Smith wouldn't have.

mdchiefsfan
08-13-2013, 11:23 AM

Thank you!!

Jakemall
08-13-2013, 11:24 AM
He starts to break on it and stops 5 yards from where McCluster would be if AS threw that ball. Keep in mind he's rolling to his right, arm isn't even cocked, and with 2 defenders in his face. How much zip is he going to put on that to travel 20+ yards that that defender isn't going to make a break on it?

Alex COULD have made a throw...but it would have to be a floater with a defender in his face and short..so that he could be sure that McCluster would have a step on the DB. McCluster would have been slammed after the catch. It's preseason. And that wasn't 3rd down...he didn't need to force it.

To be fair, The pass I'm talking about would be near the sidelines and wouldn't have been across his body.

Sandy Vagina
08-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Alex COULD have made a throw...but it would have to be a floater with a defender in his face and short..so that he could be sure that McCluster would have a step on the DB. McCluster would have been slammed after the catch. It's preseason. And that wasn't 3rd down...he didn't need to force it.

I think some are just ticked off that Alex didn't force a bad play. :)

mdchiefsfan
08-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Nah, the difference was Manning threw across his body whereas Smith wouldn't have.

ROFL

9er guy
08-13-2013, 11:26 AM

If you look at where McCluster is when he throws the ball out of bounds. There's a path to the right of Smith, not to the left, to throw the ball.

On the Peyton Manning pick, the WR is going the opposite way.

In this clip both guys are traveling in the same direction.

Again, my contention is there is a play to me made, you're just going to have to take a hit right in the chops.

GoChargers
08-13-2013, 11:27 AM
The sad thing is it doesn't take Manning, Brady or Brees to complete that pass. That is a complete Phillip Rivers, Carson Palmer, Andy Dalton, or Sam Bradford. You know, the average/below average QBs.

To be fair, the new pussified Rivers would manage to do something like this:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1725937/rivers_INT.gif

jd1020
08-13-2013, 11:29 AM
ROFL

This is throwing across your body, Einstein...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/0ap2000000125599/Peyton-Manning-pulls-a-Favre

Both Favre and Manning stopped their momentum to hit someone in the middle who was going the opposite way. McCluster was running with Smith with wide open field in front of him. All Smith had to do was flip it out in front of McCluster and he would not have been throwing across his body.

J Diddy
08-13-2013, 11:31 AM

To be fair, The pass I'm talking about would be near the sidelines and wouldn't have been across his body.

I didn't say anything about throwing across his body. Rolling to the right (without planting, because face it if he plants he gets blasted) wouldn't have had anything on it. That db was waiting for that.

Jakemall
08-13-2013, 11:32 AM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/0ap2000000125599/Peyton-Manning-pulls-a-Favre

Both Favre and Manning stopped their momentum to hit someone in the middle who was going the opposite way. McCluster was running with Smith with wide open field in front of him. All Smith had to do was flip it out in front of McCluster and he would not have been throwing across his body.

Half true.... It wouldn't have been throwing across his body as I mentioned earlier, but it sure as heck would not be "just flip it out" either.

milkman
At this point in his career. His skill set is what it is.

He's going to be good at the stuff he's good at and bad at the stuff he's bad at.

I don't think pre-season is the only time you're going to see some of those throws. You guys will be debating ALL SEASON about this guy.

I don't believe that.
He has the arm to make that throw.
He lacks the confidence.

That goes to mindset.

That can be changed.

mdchiefsfan

Throwing across your body is throwing the opposite way from which you are running, which is exactly what would have happened here.

jd1020
08-13-2013, 11:33 AM
Throwing across your body is throwing the opposite way from which you are running, which is exactly what would have happened here.

... You're an idiot. Get back to me when you understand the concept of leading your target.

Jakemall
08-13-2013, 11:34 AM
I didn't say anything about throwing across his body. Rolling to the right (without planting, because face it if he plants he gets blasted) wouldn't have had anything on it. That db was waiting for that.

Like I said...a floater. I was addressing some of the other posts on the throwing across his body. I don't think we're spcifically in disagreement. Alex played it right in my mind.

Sandy Vagina
08-13-2013, 11:36 AM
I don't believe that.
He has the arm to make that throw.
He lacks the confidence.

That goes to mindset.

That can be changed.

There is truth to this. He doesn't have an elite arm to feel great about throwing that particular pass... certainly not when he doesn't need to. So, he threw it away, and still did what needed to be done for a Chiefs TD.

L.A. Chieffan
08-13-2013, 11:39 AM
Smith just needed a system and a coach that believed in him. Now he has both. Finishing in the top five QBS this year isn't out of the question.

9er guy
08-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Smith just needed a system and a coach that believed in him. Now he has both. Finishing in the top five QBS this year isn't out of the question.

In terms of rating. Yes. Touchdowns? No.

L.A. Chieffan
08-13-2013, 11:55 AM
In terms of rating. Yes. Touchdowns? No.

Yes. He's our guy now, don't be jealous.

mdchiefsfan
08-13-2013, 12:00 PM
... You're an idiot. Get back to me when you understand the concept of leading your target.

I understand leading targets get back to me when you understand the concept of passing lanes then we'll talk

O.city
08-13-2013, 12:01 PM

Um, I don't think you understand the whole "throwing across your body" thing.

Had r thrown it to dexter it wouldn't have been throwing across his body, they're both going the same direction

jd1020
08-13-2013, 12:02 PM
I understand leading targets get back to me when you understand the concept of passing lanes then we'll talk

Now he doesn't have a passing lane to make that throw? On to the next bullshit...

Sandy Vagina
08-13-2013, 12:03 PM

nice!

J Diddy
08-13-2013, 12:04 PM
Now he doesn't have a passing lane to make that throw? On to the next bullshit...

OMG

LMAO

O.city
08-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Rolling right throwing back left against the field= throwing across your body.

This was basically the type of route you run from te slot on a sprint out against a blitz.

9er guy
08-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Yes. He's our guy now, don't be jealous.

http://gifsection.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/crabtree-td2-1-12-13.gif

I'm good.

Sandy Vagina
08-13-2013, 12:08 PM
http://gifsection.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/crabtree-td2-1-12-13.gif

I'm good.

True enough. Kaep stays hard working, and has the talent to be amazing.

Kaepernick
08-13-2013, 12:11 PM

So, is anybody counting the Alexcuses? Are we up to 8 or 9 yet?

9er guy
08-13-2013, 12:12 PM

I was actually pissed when they drafted him.

Thought it was a complete reach for a guy that played in a "gimmick" offense.

That's what I love about pro football, especially QB.

You never know who's going to be a beast at the pro-level. In college, you can hide your bad players. Not in the L though!

Mav
08-13-2013, 12:13 PM

The talent is unquestioned. Much higher ceiling than Alex Smith. matter of fact, he has already surpassed Alexs ceiling. 10 games.

Mav
08-13-2013, 12:14 PM
I was actually pissed when they drafted him.

Thought it was a complete reach for a guy that played in a "gimmick" offense.

That's what I love about pro football, especially QB.

You never know who's going to be a beast at the pro-level. In college, you can hide your bad players. Not in the L though!

The ironic thing is.....No one was happy with Harbaugh at the time. No one was happy with the 49ers draft at that time at all. No one was happy that Jim was bringing back Alex, no one knew, nor wanted Aldon Smith, and people didn't want Kaep. How things have changed.

Sandy Vagina
08-13-2013, 12:14 PM
So, is anybody counting the Alexcuses? Are we up to 8 or 9 yet?

Watch what happens when everything Kaep touches doesn't turn to gold. I have already seen it on the SF boards.

"the OL couldn't sustain his block!"
"Kaep's inexperienced!"
"that pass could have been caught!"
"not his fault he fumbled the snap, the center screwed up"
"it's his parent's fault that his hands are smaller than Alex's!"

Seen it all already.

aturnis
08-13-2013, 12:15 PM
Have you ever even played football? He's in the middle of the field behind a pack by the time AS has got line of sight he's almost to the sideline, rolling to his right with 2 guys on pursuit. If he'd have thrown that ball it would have floated and probably been picked by the corner up top who was waiting for it.

Jesus man.

At least he didn't almost break his own ankle rolling out like Geno did.

:spock: not accurate.

9er guy
08-13-2013, 12:16 PM
The talent is unquestioned. Much higher ceiling than Alex Smith. matter of fact, he has already surpassed Alexs ceiling. 10 games.

Now he's just got to play smart and not try to be Superman.

Sandy Vagina

agree on the ceiling and natural talent... I think Alex is superior on reading defenses.. 10 games isn't enough for me to say he is currently the better QB

Mav
Watch what happens when everything Kaep touches doesn't turn to gold. I have already seen it on the SF boards.

"Kaep's inexperienced!"

Seen it all already.

My favorite already.......

"Crabtree was being INTERFERED WITH.'

Even though the ball was 8 yards out of bounds and in no way shape or form catchable.

9er guy
08-13-2013, 12:18 PM

"Kaep's inexperienced!"

Seen it all already.

But what if the opposite happens?

9er guy
08-13-2013, 12:18 PM
My favorite already.......

"Crabtree was being INTERFERED WITH.'

Even though the ball was 8 yards out of bounds and in no way shape or form catchable.

Yea that was NOT a good throw.

aturnis
08-13-2013, 12:21 PM
wow. Really? We had been using that on the 49ers forums for years lol.

Though you wee a Browns fan.

9er guy
agree on the ceiling and natural talent... I think Alex is superior on reading defenses.. 10 games isn't enough for me to say he is currently the better QB

The fact that it's even comparable between a 8 year vet and guy with less than 16 games is good enough for me.

Mav

he is not going to fail. His drive, talent and work ethic is too strong. No matter how much I like Alex Smith over him. He has a desire, and all the physical tools to be one of the all time greats.

And a work ethic to boot......

Sandy Vagina

well no QB is flawless on every play.. the plays where he struggles? That will be the fault of everyone else... because no way could Jesus struggle!!! :)

Sandy Vagina
08-13-2013, 12:22 PM
The fact that it's even comparable between a 8 year vet and guy with less than 16 games is good enough for me.

They come from different worlds. Kaep with the silver spoon inserted onto his tongue after the draft... Alex with a baton inserted up his ass after the draft.

9er guy
08-13-2013, 12:23 PM
well no QB is flawless on every play.. the plays where he struggles? That will be the fault of everyone else... because no way could Jesus struggle!!! :)

But Jesus did struggle. And he knew he was going to struggle. Yet he went through it anyway.

Praise Kaepernick!

jd1020
08-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Though you wee a Browns fan.

He's the anti bandwagon fan. The 49ers got too good so he followed their shitty QB to a shitty team and claimed another shitty team from Ohio. Browns and Chiefs... shouldn't have to change teams for a while.

Kaepernick
08-13-2013, 12:24 PM

"Kaep's inexperienced!"

Seen it all already.

Why would anybody on a KC CHIEF's forum give a crap what is being said on SF boards?

Buy a clue from Vanna. The Chief's fans don't want you discussing SF boards or what we say about Kaepernick on SF boards.

aturnis
08-13-2013, 12:25 PM
50 drives on that ball and either picks it or murders McCluster. You make that throw more than a time or two and your WRs are going to hate you.

And he was going backwards due to pressure straight at him (the worst kind) when McCluster cleared the middle.

There's probably a throw to be made there right when Clay pauses the GIF and circles McCluster, but it's not an easy one. He's going to have to throw while running and dropping back. He's being pushed backwards there and that's damn tough momentum to break.

But it's a makeable throw and one I'd like to see him try in the regular season, without question. The key is that he picks that up at that point and not 2 strides later when that CB almost certainly drives on the throw and turns it into a pick six.

It's not as easy as Clay makes it - because again, Clay knows nothing about actually playing the game of football - but it is one that a top 10 QB needs to be willing/able to make. So yes, I'd like to see him make that pass.

You lose credibility with each post. So if Bray their to Draughn with a guy chose to him, its a first down, goal to go. If it's Alex, and 50 it's further away, he's dead to rights.

Sandy Vagina
08-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Why would anybody on a KC CHIEF's forum give a crap what is being said on SF boards?

Buy a clue from Vanna. The Chief's fans don't want you discussing SF boards or what we say about Kaepernick on SF boards.

Since when do I care what people want? You don't have to push for brownie points with Chiefs fans, hahaha. I doubt I started this particular SF discussion anyway, but too lazy to go back and check.

Feel free to **** off.

9er guy
08-13-2013, 12:31 PM
They come from different worlds. Kaep with the silver spoon inserted onto his tongue after the draft... Alex with a baton inserted up his ass after the draft.

Being thrust into the middle of a super bowl run is tough. Probably the MOST difficult situation a young quarterback can step into.

The expectations were no where near the same.

When we drafted Alex it was, "Ok we're not where we wanna be, let's draft a piece to get us back into contention."

That was the thinking, but obviously (for WHATEVER REASON) that didn't happen.

When Kaep came in? Get to the Super Bowl.

That was it. There were no Super Bowl Expectations Alex's first year. We won 2 games the year before.

Kaepernick was under a lot of pressure too. So while I agree that Kaep had a steadier organization, because of that there was more pressure to win immediately. Like, he literally had to make plays from the second he stepped on the field.

DJ's left nut
08-13-2013, 12:32 PM
He was going backwards, but that was after he should have ripped it to Dex if he's making that throw. And I agree that 50 drives on the football, but there is a window there to make said throw. It's one he's going to have to make, but in said sitatuion I understand not trying it.

Once he hits his back foot and has time to come forward, it could/shold have come out it that throw is to be made. I would like to see him make that throw, and if we're going to be as best as we can, he needs to hit it.

I'd argue that Baldwin was also open underneath for a smallish gain.

If McCluster was his first read, you're probably right. But at the back of his drop, his eyes may not have been focused on McCluster. And as you noted, even if they were, he'd have gotten Dexter absolutely demolished.

But you're presuming that McCluster was his first read. If he wasn't, then he wouldn't have been looking that way at the top of his drop. At that point we get back to him really only having that narrow window when the GIF pauses that I think throwing that ball is a good idea.

EDIT: Boy, as I watch the GIF, either Smith is damn clever with his eyes or McCluster wasn't his first read. He looks to be the third option in this play, to be honest. I don't think Smith did anything wrong by not firing that in right at the top of his drop - McCluster doesn't appear to have been his first read so expecting him to hit him right as he gets to the top of his drop ignores those progressionsn.

9er guy
08-13-2013, 12:34 PM
I doubt I started this particular SF discussion anyway.

;)

Sandy Vagina
08-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Being thrust into the middle of a super bowl run is tough. Probably the MOST difficult situation a young quarterback can step into.

When we drafted Alex it was, "Ok we're not where we wanna be, let's draft a piece to get us back into contention."

That was it. There were no Super Bowl Expectations Alex's first year. We won 2 games the year before.

Kaepernick was under a lot of pressure too. So while I agree that Kaep had a steadier organization, because of that there was more pressure to win immediately. Like, he literally had to make plays from the second he stepped on the field.

Both under pressure... one 20 year old QB with a completely shit team around him and a revolving door at OC... one 24 year old QB with a completely stacked team around him and years to learn the same system.

Hmmm.....

9er guy
08-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Both under pressure... one 20 year old QB with a completely shit team around him and a revolving door at OC... one 24 year old QB with a completely stacked team around him and years to learn the same system.

Hmmm.....

NFL stands for "Not Fair League"

NinerDoug
08-13-2013, 12:42 PM

Come on. CK sat behind Alex for a season and a half, on an elite team, with probably the best HC in the NFL.

Alex was thrown to the wolves his rookie season on a shit team.

Which situation would you choose?

jd1020
08-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Come on. CK sat behind Alex for a season and a half, on an elite team, with probably the best HC in the NFL.

Alex was thrown to the wolves his rookie season on a shit team.

Doesn't matter because Alex does not even have the athletic ability to even hold Kaep's jock.

DJ's left nut
Hey sounds like a qb we just got rid of.

No, he does not.

He sounds like a QB we got rid of 20 years ago in Steve DeBerg.

Matt Cassel's problem wasn't an unwillingness to throw the football, it was an inability to throw the football. Even when he let it go, the damn thing missed its mark by several yards.

Sandy Vagina

I might take the #1 overall pick compensation and take the abuse for a few years. Then bail out and buy an island! :)

Sandy Vagina
08-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Doesn't matter because Alex does not even have the athletic ability to even hold Kaep's jock.

few QBs do... but matching up the brain to the athleticism is the real trick.

jd1020
08-13-2013, 12:47 PM
few QBs do... but matching up the brain to the athleticism is the real trick.

Seems Kaepernick is really struggling, right?

DJ's left nut
08-13-2013, 12:47 PM

I don't know why we keep expecting Hudson to get better than that. Hudson's never been a good center.

We keep talking about this guy like he's going to be great, but when Ryan Lilja slides over and is a massive improvement on you during your 2nd season in the NFL, you're not off to a great start.

I just don't see it in Hudson. He gets abused entirely too often and there's nothing that will destroy a play like interior pressure.

Mav
08-13-2013, 12:48 PM

Says the guy who repeatedly takes stuff from the Chiefs board back to the 49ers board. you have, absolutely no room to talk.

Sandy Vagina
08-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Seems Kaepernick is really struggling, right?

No, he is doing just fine. Sucks that he choked away the SB comeback in the end though. He should be really good, but it is yet to be seen how well he can diagnose defenses... or if he can keep fame from turning him into a prick or convict.

J Diddy
08-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Says the guy who repeatedly takes stuff from the Chiefs board back to the 49ers board. you have, absolutely no room to talk.

Do you buy clues from vanna or just vowels?

I thought they just gave you clues.

Setsuna
08-13-2013, 12:53 PM
We are being overrun by these trolls. This is unbearable. Only D.C. and Media is safe now.

Mav
08-13-2013, 12:54 PM
No, he is doing just fine. Sucs that he choked away the SB comeback in the end though. He should be really good, but it yet to be seen how well he can diagnose defenses... or if he can keep fame from turning him into a prick or convict.

My two concerns with him when he took over were that he wasn't as good at the line of scrimmage as Alex, he did get better as the season went on, but that will prolly be the one area at least for a year or so that Alex Smith will be ahead of him, and two his touch throws.

That's what I will be looking for this year if he is going to take that next step....

9er guy
08-13-2013, 12:56 PM
He should be really good, but it is yet to be seen how well he can diagnose defenses... .

Pretty sure he shredded the Pats in New England for 4 TD passes.

Sandy Vagina
08-13-2013, 12:56 PM
My two concerns with him when he took over were that he wasn't as good at the line of scrimmage as Alex, he did get better as the season went on, but that will prolly be the one area at least for a year or so that Alex Smith will be ahead of him, and two his touch throws.

That's what I will be looking for this year if he is going to take that next step....

... and I thin he will. I am expecting more turnovers for sure (small hands/fumbles and lasers that he thinks will slice through but don't), but he and his running will create that backyard balling NFL explosion that this generation of kiddies cream themselves over. Will he be clutch when it most counts? eh.. maybe.

Sandy Vagina
08-13-2013, 12:58 PM

29th ranked pass defense in the league? well.. bravo, Kaep!

Mav
08-13-2013, 01:00 PM

yeah bro, that's a pretty bad example. Considering the next week he played against a great defense and looked horrible while getting Manningham knocked out for the season, and Davis knocked out for the game.

I know that the schedule did us no favors, and that played a part, but that too is the difference in defenses.

DJ's left nut
08-13-2013, 01:05 PM
You lose credibility with each post. So if Bray their to Draughn with a guy chose to him, its a first down, goal to go. If it's Alex, and 50 it's further away, he's dead to rights.

Uh...what?

I said I'd have liked to have seen Smith try to make a throw here.

But just like I said in the Bray post - any time a QB is trying to throw off his back leg, it's an extremely difficult throw and the decision-making has to be judged accordingly.

And as to the respective LBs - at the moment McCluster made his cut (which was the discussion I was having with the grownup in the room), 50 was driving forward and in front of the route of the crossing WR; he was two strides to impact. Shit, he's looking right at McCluster as McCluster starts his break. If the LB drives on the ball, he probably bats it away. If he drives on McCluster, he absolutely destroys him. Do you deny for a second that 50 would've absolutely butt-fucked McCluster there had McCluster been the #1 option and the ball released at the top of the drop?

In the Bray clip, the LBs momentum had taken him the other direction because he followed the first guy out of the backfield, IIRC. He was a full 5 yards behind Draughn and even with him, not 1 yard behind him and facing him.

The two aren't even remotely comparable situations and your point is ancillary at best.

As to credibility - sweetheart, you're allowing Goatse to be your pied piper. I'll worry about your barometer of my credibility when you follow someone that actually has some.

DJ's left nut
08-13-2013, 01:09 PM
Aturnis, just a quick primer on 'credibility'.

It's your position that McCluster's situation w/r/t #50 at the moment Smith reaches the top of his drop in this clip:

Is remotely comparable to Draughn's situation w/r/t #53 at the moment Draught turns for the ball in this clip:

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/fit.gif

Really? That's the argument you want to have when discussing one's credibility? That the play where a guy is literally staring at someone running right towards him is similar to the one where he's picking up a 2nd player that's in front of him with the far side of the field to work with.

I'd suggest you work on your spatial awareness a bit there, champ.

Setsuna
08-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Bray treats check downs as sacrilege.

9er guy
08-13-2013, 01:14 PM

First you said he can't read a defense.

Then I give you an example and you say they weren't good enough.

Seattle beat everybody at home last year. I had that as an L on the schedule with Alex at the start of the year, let alone Kaep.

Again look at where the bar is now.

We've gone from "He can't read a defense" to "He didn't beat the Seahawks and Pats on the road in back-to-back weeks in his first handful of starts."

Vernon got himself knocked out. There was absolutely no reason to jump for that ball. It was a bad game. He played badly.

I don't think he was exposed in any way though.

DJ's left nut
08-13-2013, 01:15 PM

Seriously, keep engaging the trolls and you'll end up amongst them. It's easy to just block about 3/4 of the Niners fans on here because all they want to do is pimp Kaepernick and talk about some other message board. I don't give a fuck about 9ers boards and fully recognize that Keapernick is a better QB to have then Smith. Moving on.

I've tried to leave a couple of you off the list because you seem to be actively engaged in football discussion. You keep doing this shit and you'll force myself (and others) to engage in a scorched earth policy with you damn 49er fans.

Seriously - most of you guys suck. Badly.

Setsuna
08-13-2013, 01:20 PM

WAIT JUST A GOSH DARN MINUTE NOW. I hope you NEVER referenced AS's performance against the Saints because I know for a freaking fact that defense had the worst statistical year in NFL history. So YOU BETTER SHUT YOUR SHIZ NOW.

Mav
08-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Seriously, keep engaging the trolls and you'll end up amongst them. It's easy to just block about 3/4 of the Niners fans on here because all they want to do is pimp Kaepernick and talk about some other message board. I don't give a **** about 9ers boards and fully recognize that Keapernick is a better QB to have then Smith. Moving on.

I've tried to leave a couple of you off the list because you seem to be actively engaged in football discussion. You keep doing this shit and you'll force myself (and others) to engage in a scorched earth policy with you damn 49er fans.

Seriously - most of you guys suck. Badly.

Fair enough. Done and done.

Sandy Vagina
08-13-2013, 01:23 PM
WAIT JUST A GOSH DARN MINUTE NOW. I hope you NEVER referenced AS's performance against the Saints because I know for a freaking fact that defense had the worst statistical year in NFL history. So YOU BETTER SHUT YOUR SHIZ NOW.

Fine by me. Kaepernick is just really crazy good.

Better? :)

loochy
08-13-2013, 01:24 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

lol @ you

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uni0GnihF8U?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GoChargers
08-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Fair enough. Done and done.

http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/takei-lol.gif

O.city
08-13-2013, 01:36 PM
If McCluster was his first read, you're probably right. But at the back of his drop, his eyes may not have been focused on McCluster. And as you noted, even if they were, he'd have gotten Dexter absolutely demolished.

But you're presuming that McCluster was his first read. If he wasn't, then he wouldn't have been looking that way at the top of his drop. At that point we get back to him really only having that narrow window when the GIF pauses that I think throwing that ball is a good idea.

EDIT: Boy, as I watch the GIF, either Smith is damn clever with his eyes or McCluster wasn't his first read. He looks to be the third option in this play, to be honest. I don't think Smith did anything wrong by not firing that in right at the top of his drop - McCluster doesn't appear to have been his first read so expecting him to hit him right as he gets to the top of his drop ignores those progressionsn.

Yeah, progression wise I have no idea. It looks as if Fasano is running a flag route and Charles is running some kind of underneath route. I wouldn't be shocked if Fasano weren't the 1st read there.

However, just speaking to the dexter part of it, he's "NFL" open there with a well timed throw. He gets hit, but as we all know, things get really tight down on that part of the field so your going to have to just take the hit most likely if that's where you are gonna throw it

aturnis
08-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Could you imagine the outrage and furor if he had thrown that ball and it was intercepted?

That said, I'm in agreement with the overall notion but I have to admit that after last season (and actually, the past 8 seasons), it was nice to see competent QB play on the first drive.

Regardless of how far the ball was in the air.

Could you imagine if it were possible for a week thrown pass to be intercepted there?

There is ZERO chance for #50 to intercept the ball if Alex leads Mccluster. Zero. As for the db I'm the top right of the gif, he is never within 5 yards of McCluster. He won't get there.

Setsuna
08-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Fine by me. Kaepernick is just really crazy good.

Better? :)

Nah I didn't want you to praise Kaepernick, I just don't want there to be double standards because you like a player better than another. So I'm saying don't reference any games where AS played well if the opposing team defense was in the bottom 12 in the league in pass defense since you believe that's significant. Don't change your stance to make Alex look good. Stick to your guns but do it on both sides.

KC native
08-13-2013, 01:48 PM

I see you have a new subpar QB to champion. Awesome.

DJ's left nut
08-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Yeah, progression wise I have no idea. It looks as if Fasano is running a flag route and Charles is running some kind of underneath route. I wouldn't be shocked if Fasano weren't the 1st read there.

However, just speaking to the dexter part of it, he's "NFL" open there with a well timed throw. He gets hit, but as we all know, things get really tight down on that part of the field so your going to have to just take the hit most likely if that's where you are gonna throw it

Ultimately I think I agree - if McClusters his first read there, the ball has to come out right at the break. Sorry Dex - dem's the breaks, kid; it's the NFL. That said, if you're going to throw a ball into that maelstrom that close to end-zone, you have to realize that if he gets hit hard enough or the defender is a half a heartbeat faster than you expected, that becomes a jump ball with a bunch of defenders nearby.

In the end, I think throw or hold, either argument is defensible even if McCluster is the first read. 50 clearly keyed on him and a smart QB doesn't go full Cassel there and get his WR murdered unless we're talking game on the line time. Even in a regular season game, is it really a good idea to unload that ball on first down in the first quarter? Man - I don't think it's that clear cut. The ball would've had to come in hot because of the small window and McCluster's not exactly known for taking hits well or holding onto the ball.

After he clears 50's outside shoulder and he's in pursuit, I think you have a legit beef; Smith probably needs to have the stones to try that flip (and no, it wouldn't be across his body - he'd have to lead McCluster). But right at the break? There's a hell of a lot of harm that could come from that and it's just as likely as the good, IMO. I don't think you can criticize him too harshly for not taking that shot there.

I've told the story a few times about the guy I talked to that knew Donald Washington and listened to him tell stories about Bowe. Bowe was done giving himself up for Matt Cassel. He was getting hung out to dry and it was effecting his effort. Winning games often goes beyond an individual play and if Smith gets Dexter detonated a few times, that's the kind of thing that can linger well beyond a single drive. Like I said, if it's the game on the line you throw it anyway, but a good QB and good team leader also knows when discretion is the better part of valor.

KC native
08-13-2013, 02:03 PM
We are being overrun by these trolls. This is unbearable. Only D.C. and Media is safe now.

says the jagoff troll

O.city
08-13-2013, 02:26 PM
Ultimately I think I agree - if McClusters his first read there, the ball has to come out right at the break. Sorry Dex - dem's the breaks, kid; it's the NFL. That said, if you're going to throw a ball into that maelstrom that close to end-zone, you have to realize that if he gets hit hard enough or the defender is a half a heartbeat faster than you expected, that becomes a jump ball with a bunch of defenders nearby.

In the end, I think throw or hold, either argument is defensible even if McCluster is the first read. 50 clearly keyed on him and a smart QB doesn't go full Cassel there and get his WR murdered unless we're talking game on the line time. Even in a regular season game, is it really a good idea to unload that ball on first down in the first quarter? Man - I don't think it's that clear cut. The ball would've had to come in hot because of the small window and McCluster's not exactly known for taking hits well or holding onto the ball.

After he clears 50's outside shoulder and he's in pursuit, I think you have a legit beef; Smith probably needs to have the stones to try that flip (and no, it wouldn't be across his body - he'd have to lead McCluster). But right at the break? There's a hell of a lot of harm that could come from that and it's just as likely as the good, IMO. I don't think you can criticize him too harshly for not taking that shot there.

I've told the story a few times about the guy I talked to that knew Donald Washington and listened to him tell stories about Bowe. Bowe was done giving himself up for Matt Cassel. He was getting hung out to dry and it was effecting his effort. Winning games often goes beyond an individual play and if Smith gets Dexter detonated a few times, that's the kind of thing that can linger well beyond a single drive. Like I said, if it's the game on the line you throw it anyway, but a good QB and good team leader also knows when discretion is the better part of valor.

Probably so. If we're talking 4 quarter in December with the broncos in town and were trailing, yeah, you make that throw. In this situation, I don't mind it. I think the rollout is actually a pretty basic throw that a qb of smiths caliber should make 9 times out of 10.

There also could be a beef with Dexter there in that he could have sat his route down harder instead of squaring in towards 50 in that situation but that could lead to a bevy of other problems

Hammock Parties
08-13-2013, 02:32 PM

This is why they moved on from Alex.

They knew he could never provide those kinds of performances.

Hammock Parties
08-13-2013, 02:34 PM
There was still risk in that throw.

Agreed. Alex hates any throw with risk.

Ace Gunner
08-13-2013, 02:35 PM

Makes me wonder if he even saw the reciever in midfield or just locked in on the receiver in the end zone all the way.

well, that play is designed to hit dex if he's in single cover, but he wasn't and so the next design read in this play is to hit Baldwin and get some upfield blocking help.

but what happened here is the NT just came right through before the play could develop. he not only came up for the pressure, he completely shut down the lane for this entire play -- no way to even step into the throw.

and then when smiff rolled out, Dex didn't go full sail to beat smiffy to the sideline -- no way to throw over a defender chasing behind on a rollout.

Kaepernick
08-13-2013, 02:41 PM

You make a lot of solid points in that post. Rep.

Kaepernick
08-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Agreed. Alex hates any throw with risk.

Alex is risk averse, pure and simple. The Saints game is the exception that proves the rule.

Setsuna
08-13-2013, 02:48 PM
says the jagoff troll

Ok red stripe.

aturnis
08-13-2013, 02:51 PM
NO.

It is a clear illustration of Alex's success with the check downs and dump offs vs. he weakness being unwilling to pull the trigger on some passes. It illustrates perfectly what Alex can do -- putting the ball in the hands of his receiving backs to sustain drives, and what he can't do -- show willingness to throw into a window, to throw receivers open, to throw into coverage as needed.

I don't care if he went 49 for 50. The play stands on its own as a topic for discussion, when that topic is Alex's inability to see the open receiver, or unwillingness to throw the ball.

Alex is risk averse.

That is the difference between Alex and a guy like Eli Manning. Eli is in no way elite, but he is NOT risk averse. In clutch play, Eli still ATTACKS the defense. Often it ends in interceptions, but it also brought him 2 super bowl rings from the wild-card slot.

Alex is too cautious. No guts, no glory. We have seen that for years and years. Now the Chiefs fans will be seeing it.

Alex is risk averse. And that only takes you so far...

http://youtu.be/SSST23SGp04

BlackHelicopters
08-13-2013, 03:20 PM
RJ the Hedgehog approves of this thread.

Hammock Parties
08-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Ugh.

Sure the guy was open, but that is not a throw alex has in his tool box. They could let the guy run by himself, and alex will not be able to hit him while he is on the move like that. It's just not what he does.

saphojunkie
08-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Could you imagine if it were possible for a week thrown pass to be intercepted there?

There is ZERO chance for #50 to intercept the ball if Alex leads Mccluster. Zero. As for the db I'm the top right of the gif, he is never within 5 yards of McCluster. He won't get there.

I'm sorry, but what is the problem here? If he tries to "lead" McCluster there is a high HIGH HIGH probability that pass is tipped by Will Smith and then it's just a ****ing jump ball.

No way you try to force that throw over the defensive end there. This gif is completely ****ing retarded. The dude is just mirroring him down the sideline waiting for the ball to leave his hand.

God people are ****ing simpletons sometimes.

Sandy Vagina
08-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Nah I didn't want you to praise Kaepernick, I just don't want there to be double standards because you like a player better than another. So I'm saying don't reference any games where AS played well if the opposing team defense was in the bottom 12 in the league in pass defense since you believe that's significant. Don't change your stance to make Alex look good. Stick to your guns but do it on both sides.

No, I totally understand what you meant... and agree.

Sandy Vagina
08-13-2013, 04:13 PM
Alex is risk averse, pure and simple. The Saints game is the exception that proves the rule.

... and see, that's just it. There are situations in games where you have to take the risk. Alex has and will... but he won't make a bunch of them all game long. He's more inclined to concede a drive if there's lots of time later to try again. If you could combine this mentality with other QBs like Tony Homo, then you have yourself a perfect QB. Was he like this due to his coaches pushing it on him? Yes... and it made sense for a multitude of reasons. (strong D, STs, and underwhelming offensive evolution)

Andy Reid will tinker with this mentality and likely loosen things up.

Sandy Vagina
08-13-2013, 04:14 PM
I'm sorry, but what is the problem here? If he tries to "lead" McCluster there is a high HIGH HIGH probability that pass is tipped by Will Smith and then it's just a ****ing jump ball.

No way you try to force that throw over the defensive end there. This gif is completely ****ing retarded. The dude is just mirroring him down the sideline waiting for the ball to leave his hand.

Thank you! My thoughts exactly. :)

(some were talking about this play prior to McC rolling far right with Alex though, so keep that in mind too)

L.A. Chieffan
08-13-2013, 04:20 PM
Kapernik is so overrated it's ridiculous. If it wasn't for Harbaw he wouldn't even be in the league.

mdchiefsfan
08-13-2013, 04:30 PM

Boom! Common fucking sense

Setsuna
08-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Kapernik is so overrated it's ridiculous. If it wasn't for Harbaw he wouldn't even be in the league.

Exact same can be said of your new boy toy Alex. Just stop trolling.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2013, 10:06 PM
holy jesus

I sense a presence. Someone I have not felt, since....
(turns away in a march)

Hammock Parties
08-16-2013, 10:37 PM
No one can argue against this. What a POS QB. Baldwin was WIDE OPEN.

http://i.imgur.com/b6D2HmR.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-16-2013, 10:40 PM

LMAO And so it begins...

jd1020
08-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Looks like when the ball is snapped he is looking directly at the blitzer leaving 2 receivers vs 1 defender and looks the other way.

Mav
08-16-2013, 10:42 PM
Looks like when the ball is snapped he is looking directly at the blitzer leaving 2 receivers vs 1 defender and looks the other way.

Yeah, that was a pathetic play. FFS Alex.

Three7s
08-16-2013, 10:42 PM
He knows diddly about pre-snap reads.

FloridaMan88
08-17-2013, 12:11 AM
Too early to begin a "Tank for Tajh Boyd" campaign?

GordonGekko
08-17-2013, 12:18 AM

Baldwin is such a big body and has 'decent' speed. I'd be great if Andy Reid could get him the ball somehow, along with some confidence. Getting missed when you are so wide open has got to be disheartening, especially when you are trying to prove yourself.

Mav
08-17-2013, 12:19 AM
Baldwin is such a big body and has 'decent' speed. I'd be great if Andy Reid could get him the ball somehow, along with some confidence. Getting missed when you are so wide open has got to be disheartening, especially when you are trying to prove yourself.

Well, im sure that drop he had didn't help alexs confidence in him.

Sorter
08-17-2013, 12:27 AM

I'm pretty sure he was mentally broken in the pre-season last year and never recovered. that catch and fumble ala AJ Jenkins (another promising first round WR) really seemed to kill the hype train and start the snowball.

Dylan
08-17-2013, 01:20 AM
NO.

Alex is risk averse.

Kaepernick, your closing graph is exquisitely funny.

BlackHelicopters
08-17-2013, 01:27 AM
If loving Alex Smith is wrong, I don't want to be right.

SanDiego49er
08-17-2013, 02:03 AM
He's not as bad as you think. He's good when he plays within himself and has a decent team around him. You just have to understand what Alex can and can't be. I think he will actually help you. He's better than what you had.

SanDiego49er
08-17-2013, 02:22 AM
Come on "Kaepernick." Eli is not elite. LOL. He's clutch as hell, aggressive, accurate, better when you need him, won 2 Super Bowls. And his arm is stronger than given credit for. He's super elite.

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2013, 06:19 AM

LMAO Okay

duncan_idaho
08-17-2013, 08:30 AM

First time we've seen that this year from Alex Smith. I'm guessing we see it... oh, at least 30 more times before the season is over.

Rasputin
08-17-2013, 08:33 AM
We could have had Matt Barkley with our second or third round pick. He does look good so far with the Eagles and I'm impressed with what Chip Kelly is doing with that offense.

fucking bull shit not take a quarterback in the draft.

Rasputin
08-17-2013, 08:35 AM
EJ Manuel is looking the part of a solid quarterback for the Bills but no we had to take Eric Fucking Fisher at RT. Fuck. :cuss:

RunKC
08-17-2013, 09:06 AM
I don't blame Alex Smith for ignoring that POS Baldwin. He would have fucking dropped the ball.

O.city
08-17-2013, 09:09 AM
Sorter can probably answer this correctly, but don't you always throw towards the blitz side? That's generally where your hot wr is, right?

In that play, it seems, the qb or Albert need to recognize the blitz and make the right read, Baldwin actually did

Halfcan
08-17-2013, 09:33 AM

:hmmm: So wide open? Yes bad pass but on the run with another completely unblocked defender htting him as he throws.

Halfcan
08-17-2013, 09:38 AM

First time we've seen that this year from Alex Smith. I'm guessing we see it... oh, at least 30 more times before the season is over.

Yep and the announcers praised Alex for throwing the ball away-LOL I was like HUH? It could have been at least a first down?? A fake throw would have made the defender jump in the air- then an easy pass to a wide open receiver.

Halfcan
08-17-2013, 09:41 AM
I don't blame Alex Smith for ignoring that POS Baldwin. He would have ****ing dropped the ball.

Maybe Baldwin would have dropped it again- but you HAVE to make that throw. :rolleyes:

Red Dawg
08-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Yep and the announcers praised Alex for throwing the ball away-LOL I was like HUH? It could have been at least a first down?? A fake throw would have made the defender jump in the air- then an easy pass to a wide open receiver.

Yeah, I'm sure that would have been better. The defender behind Dex would have killed him plus Dex would have to stop or go out of bounds to catch the ball thus letting the LB pick it off. Alex did the right thing. But I'm sure Andy said "Hey! Next time pump fake it so the defender jumps in the air".

Jakemall
08-17-2013, 09:48 AM

Can the throw be made? Sure...but McCluster is gonna take a hell of a hit from the safety that shows up at the last second on that clip because of the angle. The guy is just sitting there waiting for the ball to be thrown to come in.

Carlota69
08-17-2013, 09:49 AM

One of the announcers who praised him, happens to be a former NFL QB. I'm thinking he understands the play and what should happen better than those of us sitting on the couch watching it.

Jakemall
08-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Sorter can probably answer this correctly, but don't you always throw towards the blitz side? That's generally where your hot wr is, right?

In that play, it seems, the qb or Albert need to recognize the blitz and make the right read, Baldwin actually did

The answer is, it depends. The hole isn't always where the blitzer came from. It could be on the complete other side if the defense shifts as the blitz comes.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Too early to begin a "Tank for Tajh Boyd" campaign?

Fuck that. If we tank, this franchise needs to be sold, not just revamped.

He's not as bad as you think. He's good when he plays within himself and has a decent team around him. You just have to understand what Alex can and can't be. I think he will actually help you. He's better than what you had.

WE KNOW WHAT THIS MOTHERFUCKER IS, AND HAVE SINCE DAY ONE. STFU

I don't blame Alex Smith for ignoring that POS Baldwin. He would have fucking dropped the ball.

Runtardedly, back in the hizzle.:shake:

Mav
08-17-2013, 10:40 AM

I agree.

MotherfuckerJones
08-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Until Baldwin catches passes consistently I wouldn't throw him shit

Setsuna
08-17-2013, 10:58 AM
EJ Manuel is looking the part of a solid quarterback for the Bills but no we had to take Eric ****ing Fisher at RT. ****. :cuss:

He's going to bust as well. Although I may have been wrong about Matt Barkley. He showed promise.

SanDiego49er
08-18-2013, 03:19 AM
**** that. If we tank, this franchise needs to be sold, not just revamped.

WE KNOW WHAT THIS MOTHER****ER IS, AND HAVE SINCE DAY ONE. STFU

Runtardedly, back in the hizzle.:shake:

Give him a little chance. He's better than what you had. The New Orleans game was real good. He can do that too.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Give him a little chance. He's better than what you had. The New Orleans game was real good. He can do that too.

Constipation.

ChiefsCountry
08-18-2013, 05:32 PM
I'm amazed at the lengths the douche 49er fans go to defend Alex Smith. The Patriot Trolls were just fuck you Pioli rules, these douches cry and whine about everything.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Been watching Giants-Colts tonight. Just amazing the throws I see from Eli and Luck that I know Alex wouldn't even attempt.

Tribal Warfare
08-18-2013, 05:34 PM
I'm amazed at the lengths the douche 49er fans go to defend Alex Smith. The Patriot Trolls were just fuck you Pioli rules, these douches cry and whine about everything.

yet they don't care what we think of poor Alex

LOCOChief
08-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Been watching Giants-Colts tonight. Just amazing the throws I see from Eli and Luck that I know Alex wouldn't even attempt.

Luck throws what should've been an interception and Manning throws a pick but yeah they're making throws that we haven't seen out of Alex Smith yet.

Sandy Vagina
08-18-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm amazed at the lengths the douche 49er fans go to defend Alex Smith. The Patriot Trolls were just **** you Pioli rules, these douches cry and whine about everything.

Actually, you would hear very little from us if you and others would stop crying and whining about everything. It's amusing that you don't see that...cause and effect. You whine and cry... we correct your ignorant viewpoints... stupid.

Setsuna
08-18-2013, 06:37 PM
Luck throws what should've been an interception and Manning throws a pick but yeah they're making throws that we haven't seen out of Alex Smith yet.
Try harder troll douche.

LOCOChief
08-18-2013, 06:39 PM
Try harder troll douche.

I don't think you understand what I was saying retard. I'm hardly a troll noob.

New World Order
08-18-2013, 06:41 PM

Anything over 8 yards is too risky.

Rock Action
08-18-2013, 06:43 PM

Spelling like this assures me that this opinion is nothing to worry about. ROFL

Mav
08-18-2013, 06:45 PM

Say whatever you want steve. Without Harbaugh, the truth is Kaep never would be Kaep. FACT.

SAUTO
08-18-2013, 07:07 PM
Say whatever you want steve. Without Harbaugh, the truth is Kaep never would be Kaep. FACT.

Just football huh?

go fuck Steve
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-18-2013, 07:19 PM
Actually, you would hear very little from us if you and others would stop crying and whining about everything. It's amusing that you don't see that...cause and effect. You whine and cry... we correct your ignorant viewpoints... stupid.

Please die.

MTG#10
08-18-2013, 07:24 PM

This right here is just completely inexcusable. I want an explanation from one of the A. Smith ballwashers.

Sandy Vagina
08-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Please die.

Truth hurts, eh? nlm

Mav
08-18-2013, 07:27 PM
This right here is just completely inexcusable. I want an explanation from one of the A. Smith ballwashers.

as one of the Alex Smith ballwashers.

There is no excuse. The throw should of been made.

Was that good enough of an excuse?

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Truth hurts, eh? nlm

The truth is that your ever-flapping vagina continues to spew forth hot gushes of puss-filled, Alex Smith man juice.

L.A. Chieffan
08-18-2013, 07:29 PM

He was being chased out of the pocket and there was a defender just behind Dexter. Rather see an incompletion there to an INT any day.

Sandy Vagina
08-18-2013, 07:31 PM
The truth is that your ever-flapping vagina continues to spew forth hot gushes of puss-filled, Alex Smith man juice.

good one.. very clever. If you are above the age of 17, then you should be ashamed of how immature you are. Pathetic.

Sandy Vagina
08-18-2013, 07:32 PM
This right here is just completely inexcusable. I want an explanation

We scored a TD on that drive. **** off.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-18-2013, 07:32 PM
good one.. very clever. If you are above the age of 17, then you should be ashamed of how immature you are. Pathetic.

You should be ashamed of your vagina.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2013, 07:33 PM

Seems like it was an ice age ago, eh?

The offense was crap two days ago...no one cares about that TD drive anymore.

We have MAJOR PROBLEMS on offense.

Mav
08-18-2013, 07:34 PM

I don't think it is as big a deal as some make it. Especially with the end result. But in my head I always hear Andy Reid saying take chances, be more aggressive. That's the only reason I pay any attention to it.

In the regular season, I wouldn't care that he threw it out of bounds, I wish he would take more chances in the preseason though. If nothing else he might even surprise himself with what he could get away with.

Know what Im saying?

Sandy Vagina
08-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Seems like it was an ice age ago, eh?

The offense was crap two days ago...no one cares about that TD drive anymore.

We have MAJOR PROBLEMS on offense.

Maybe. I won't overreact to a preseason game. Only thing that makes me worry is the quality of KC receivers. Bowe, Fasano, and JC should be enough.. but it would be nice if someone else steps up too.

Squatch
08-18-2013, 07:35 PM

I guess I'm done knit picking. I don't give a shit what he does as long as he leads us to victory.

L.A. Chieffan
08-18-2013, 07:36 PM

Smith made him look like a chump the other night. Harbauhs Rich Gannon moment giving up on Smith.

Sandy Vagina
08-18-2013, 07:36 PM
I don't think it is as big a deal as some make it. Especially with the end result. But in my head I always hear Andy Reid saying take chances, be more aggressive. That's the only reason I pay any attention to it.

In the regular season, I wouldn't care that he threw it out of bounds, I wish he would take more chances in the preseason though. If nothing else he might even surprise himself with what he could get away with.

Know what Im saying?

If it were not the opening drive of PS game #1, I would agree. But for that drive, you don't want to demoralize the players/fans by taking a risk that could cause a turnover.

Mav
08-18-2013, 07:37 PM
Maybe. I won't overreact to a preseason game. Only thing that makes me worry is the quality of KC receivers. Bowe, Fasano, and JC should be enough.. but it would be nice if someone else steps up too.

Hes got nice chemistry going with McCluster as well.

But, Alex Smith needs to make every option on the field a threat.

themanwithnoname
08-18-2013, 07:37 PM

You Alex Smith (let's be real, most of you have admitted you're not even 49er fans but rather Alex Smith fans) are the biggest fucking whiners here.

What are you talking about Alex Smith fans admit that he's a limited limp-wristed pansy of a QB so they fully expect plays like that. Except for you know when they claimed that he's a goddamned sexual Tyrannasaur because of like 3 plays against the Saints defense forever ago. But that's ok because he's such a nice guy, he'll make a great role model to force on their kids.

GoChargers
08-18-2013, 07:39 PM

Hey dumbfuck, you're the one trying to play Opinion Police on a Chiefs message board as a Niners fan. Nobody asked you to come here and white-knight for your girl Alice, and nobody really cares if you think we're all "whining and crying."

Alice sucks ass and is a soft pussy game manager. Deal with it.

Hammock Parties
Hes got nice chemistry going with McCluster as well.

ROFL

That's because McCluster has 0 ability to threaten a defense past 10 yards.

Naturally, Alex loves him!

Brock
Smith made him look like a chump the other night. Harbauhs Rich Gannon moment giving up on Smith.

Must have sucked going to the super bpwl.

Mav
08-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Must have sucked going to the super bpwl.

Sucks losing it......

Brock
08-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Sucks losing it......

We wouldn't know.

GoChargers
08-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Sucks losing it......

Still beats choking in the NFC title game with their soft pussy game manager QB completely unable to convert on third down.

SanDiego49er
08-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Still beats choking in the NFC title game with their soft pussy game manager QB completely unable to convert on third down.

Kyle Williams the punt returner lost that. He dropped 2 punts. 1 in the fourth quarter and 1 in overtime. They win the game if he catches those.

GoChargers
08-18-2013, 08:31 PM
A real franchise QB wouldn't have left it up to the punt returner. A real franchise QB also would have been able to convert on third down with an Super Bowl appearance on the line.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-18-2013, 08:36 PM

Ah...there's that "blame the receivers" I've been waiting for!

Mav
08-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Ah...there's that "blame the receivers" I've been waiting for!

Well, you can blame Baldwin. He sucks.

New World Order
08-18-2013, 08:40 PM

Baldwin does suck but he dropped ONE pass.

New World Order
08-18-2013, 08:42 PM
All defenses need to do to stifle Alex Smith is blitz the hell out of him. He can't handle pressure at all.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2013, 08:42 PM
A real franchise QB wouldn't have left it up to the punt returner. A real franchise QB also would have been able to convert on third down with an Super Bowl appearance on the line.

Steve Bono is to Lin Elliot as Alex Smith is to Kyle Williams.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-18-2013, 08:44 PM

Baldwin was shit long before Axl Reid, everyone knows it, so he is not allowed as an "out" for Alice. Sorry.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-18-2013, 09:30 PM
We wouldn't know.

And at this rate, we never will.

Baby Lee
08-18-2013, 09:49 PM

People say that and say that, but didn't the SB champ QB leave it to the punter as well. Punter doesn't fumble and he fails in his job.

Giants take the lead in the 4th and close out with 3 more punts. OT is a stunning masterful drive from the 36 to the 29.

GoChargers
08-18-2013, 10:00 PM
People say that and say that, but didn't the SB champ QB leave it to the punter as well.

No, the SB champ QB went out and threw for 316 yards and a couple touchdowns, and he was able to convert on third down. He did his part.

ratchet
08-18-2013, 10:05 PM
All defenses need to do to stifle Alex Smith is blitz the hell out of him. He can't handle pressure at all.

that's not true. He was the best rated passer in the league last year against the blitz. He just needs to really get the system down in every kind of situation where the ball needs to go with different blitzes. That decisiveness will come more and more as he gets this system down.

TimeForWasp
08-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Bullshit

Sorter
08-18-2013, 10:23 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

TimeForWasp
08-18-2013, 10:24 PM
I mean bullshit for the op.

Sorter
If it were not the opening drive of PS game #1, I would agree. But for that drive, you don't want to demoralize the players/fans by taking a risk that could cause a turnover.

wut

Hammock Parties
I mean bullshit for the op.

ALEX SMITH BRO

Mav
08-18-2013, 10:25 PM
Baldwin was shit long before Axl Reid, everyone knows it, so he is not allowed as an "out" for Alice. Sorry.

I didn't say it was an out. You said don't blame the receivers, and you most certainly can blame Jon Baldwin as a suck ass piece of shit money stealing piece of garbage. Cant blame bowe, he doesn't get any balls thrown his way. McCluster has caught everything his way, and Avery doesn't get run with the ones. So, you can blame Alex, and Baldwin.

TimeForWasp
08-18-2013, 10:27 PM
ALEX SMITH BRO

Give it a break. Alex is better than cassel. Give him this year at least.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2013, 10:27 PM
Give it a break. Alex is better than cassel. Give him this year at least.

LUVS ME SOME ALEX SMITH

HE'S TUFF

TimeForWasp
08-18-2013, 10:28 PM
LUVS ME SOME ALEX SMITH

HE'S TUFF

Bad fan. good at Gif. bad at fan.

Mav
08-18-2013, 10:35 PM
Bad fan. good at Gif. bad at fan.

that's being way to kind.

Sucks major ass at fan.

Baby Lee
08-18-2013, 10:37 PM
No, the SB champ QB went out and threw for 316 yards and a couple touchdowns, and he was able to convert on third down. He did his part.

AS scored 2 TDs as well

Eli lost more yardage in sacks than the 2 gift fumble shortened drives that generate half of their point output.

Giants punted 11x, and Eli failed on another drive to convert 3&1 that resulted TO on downs on a failed 4&1 run as well.

Cut it with the 'Eli converted on 3rd down' shit when 3/4 of their drives failed.

And the point remains if either punt is not fumbled, let alone both, he'd be the failing QB.

Supposedly the elite of elites out there today.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2013, 10:39 PM
that's being way to kind.

Sucks major ass at fan.

You can't even decide what team you're a fan of.

Shut the fuck up.

New World Order
08-18-2013, 10:44 PM
How any homer can defend Alex Smith after getting steamrolled by BACKUP SCRUBS is beyond me.

Mav
08-18-2013, 10:47 PM
How any homer can defend Alex Smith after getting steamrolled by BACKUP SCRUBS is beyond me.

Who is defending him? Im an Alex guy. He played like absolute shit.

But, your insistence that the back ups for San Francisco are merely scrubs, makes me laugh hilariously.

jd1020
08-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Who is defending him? Im an Alex guy. He played like absolute shit.

But, your insistence that the back ups for San Francisco are merely scrubs, makes me laugh hilariously.

Who cares if the 49er backups are mildly talented?

The Chiefs will be facing #1's in the regular season.

Mav
08-18-2013, 10:55 PM
Who cares if the 49er backups are mildly talented?

The Chiefs will be facing #1's in the regular season.

The point is, that teams like the Jags, wont even have starters that are as good as some of the "scrubs" they were getting beat up by.

There is a reason that a lot of people in the biz claim the 49ers have the best roster from 1-53.

Oh, and it was preseason. A game that wasn't game planned for, and poorly played by the Chiefs. They aren't going to play that bad I don't believe.

Could, but I doubt it.

jd1020
08-18-2013, 10:56 PM
The point is, that teams like the Jags, wont even have starters that are as good as some of the "scrubs" they were getting beat up by.

There is a reason that a lot of people in the biz claim the 49ers have the best roster from 1-53.

Oh, and it was preseason. A game that wasn't game planned for, and poorly played by the Chiefs. They aren't going to play that bad I don't believe.

Could, but I doubt it.

Who cares about the Jags?

Are they suppose to be some powerhouse that the Chiefs have to beat to make it to the SB?

Baby Lee
08-18-2013, 10:58 PM

My 25 year opinion of preseason is my Rock of Gibralter.

Don't get anyone hurt, first and last task.

Mav
08-18-2013, 10:59 PM
Who cares about the Jags?

Are they suppose to be some powerhouse that the Chiefs have to beat to make it to the SB?

uh......you seen the schedule?

jd1020
08-18-2013, 11:02 PM
uh......you seen the schedule?

I know who the Chiefs play, Einstein.

You seemed to have missed the ****ing point.

My hope for this team isn't to just beat the worst team in the league.

You think the 49er backups are better than starters on the premier teams in the league the Chiefs have to beat to accomplish something? If so, you're an idiot. The team got pushed around by ****ing backups. I don't give a shit if the game wasn't planned for, talent alone should show at least some level of competence.

Mav
08-18-2013, 11:10 PM
I know who the Chiefs play, Einstein.

You seemed to have missed the ****ing point.

My hope for this team isn't to just beat the worst team in the league.

You think the 49er backups are better than starters on the premier teams in the league the Chiefs have to beat to accomplish something? If so, you're an idiot. The team got pushed around by ****ing backups. I don't give a shit if the game wasn't planned for, talent alone should show at least some level of competence.

Well, while I agree with you. The entire offense played like crap. I expect them to look at the film, correct it, look better in their next game, and get ready to play the regular season.

I look at it as one game. One really shitty game. At least now they know how much they have to improve to get to the level of a team like SF.

Kaepernick
08-18-2013, 11:30 PM
Come on "Kaepernick." Eli is not elite. LOL. He's clutch as hell, aggressive, accurate, better when you need him, won 2 Super Bowls. And his arm is stronger than given credit for. He's super elite.

Eli Manning is not an elite QB.

Elite QBs like Brady and Rodgers are consistent. Eli is "feast or famine". His upside is that he has enormous smarts and courage, so he will attack at the pivotal moment, and when it works he gets a SB ring. That is a wonderful trait.

At other times he is foolhardy and makes boneheaded mistakes and kills his team.

Elite QBs are not inconsistent QBs. Eli is inconsistent.

I'm not knocking the guy. He is nearly elite. He is an easy top 8 QB.

Kaepernick
08-18-2013, 11:40 PM
Kyle Williams the punt returner lost that. He dropped 2 punts. 1 in the fourth quarter and 1 in overtime. They win the game if he catches those.

How many ****ing times do I have to post this??

"While Williams publicly shouldered the burden of defeat, it was his quarterback who failed to deliver on the promise..."

Smith again did not pull the trigger from a clean pocket. He ended up getting sacked for a 7 yard loss.

These are just a few examples of Smith’s tentative and uncertain pocket play last Sunday. The bottom line was this: Smith was reluctant to let it loose on routes and throws that were not only well designed, but were open. They were primary reads. No progressions were involved.

One of the attributes that separates high level quarterback play in big games and critical moments is the willingness to make stick throws into smaller windows. Smith did that with confidence against the Saints. In the NFC Championship game, he was hesitant and cautious on throws that were clearly defined. Simply put, Smith left a lot of plays on the field against the Giants. While Williams publicly shouldered the burden of defeat, it was his quarterback who failed to deliver on the promise he had shown a week earlier.

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/01/24/cosell-talks-for-alex-smith-what-a-difference-a-week-made/

Ming the Merciless
08-18-2013, 11:45 PM
I look at it as one game. One really shitty game.

that is because you aren't really a life long fan and haven't experienced the heartbreak we have going on 20+ years now

thats 320 regular season games

no , sir, its not JUST ONE GAME

you will never know this reality, because youre not loyal like we are

browns...niners...blah....what next year?

Hammock Parties
08-18-2013, 11:45 PM
How many ****ing times do I have to post this??

Smith again did not pull the trigger from a clean pocket. He ended up getting sacked for a 7 yard loss.

These are just a few examples of Smith’s tentative and uncertain pocket play last Sunday.

Gee, we haven't seen this in Kansas City.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/smithsux.gif

Kaepernick
08-18-2013, 11:46 PM

To be fair, the SB champ QB threw 2 EASY interceptions the 49ers didn't hang on to due to miscommunication. In both instances, 2 49ers DBs collided, causing the other to drop the ball. Both times.

Eli made 2 boneheaded throws but dodged a bullet. No harm no foul, and he has the ring. But he still foolishly forced those 2 throws. If the 49ers hang on to either one, there never is overtime and the 49ers meet Brady in the SB.

Kaepernick
08-18-2013, 11:50 PM
AS scored 2 TDs as well

Eli lost more yardage in sacks than the 2 gift fumble shortened drives that generate half of their point output.

Giants punted 11x, and Eli failed on another drive to convert 3&1 that resulted TO on downs on a failed 4&1 run as well.

Cut it with the 'Eli converted on 3rd down' shit when 3/4 of their drives failed.

And the point remains if either punt is not fumbled, let alone both, he'd be the failing QB.

Supposedly the elite of elites out there today.

Actually, that game was a compelling defensive battle through all 5 quarters, and the first to blink was going to lose it. The 49ers blinked first. That was a hell of an enjoyable game to watch. Football at its best with 2 top D's just mauling the offenses.

Kaepernick
08-18-2013, 11:54 PM

Get used to it. The Alexsexuals are going to ruin your conversations to the point you can't just discuss the other players, but they will turn everything into an Alex debate. If you let them.

Baby Lee
08-19-2013, 12:10 AM
Get used to it. The Alexsexuals are going to ruin your conversations to the point you can't just discuss the other players, but they will turn everything into an Alex debate. If you let them.

Yeah, the people with a modicum of patience for the season to actually start are driving these 'debates.' It's not the horde of haters who are convinced there could never possibly be anything but pain and death so long as Alex Smith walks the fucking earth.

Sorter
08-19-2013, 12:31 AM
Gee, we haven't seen this in Kansas City.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/smithsux.gif

All I can really provide insight for that .gif is speculation.

#27 (CJ Spillman, $) provides a delayed ( from what I can tell from the gif) blitz. Now, this can be a designed blitz/roll or Spillman reading the back and assuming he was in pro if he was assigned certain responsibilities.

As for the play, the alignment (keep in mind, this isn't WC terminology and I'll update it accordingly as the season progresses in all likelihood), it's Gun Spread LT Strong and looks like 50s pro. While terminology varies from system to system, protection philosophies typically do not. This looks like 50s (weak slide with back having M/S/SSF and for the majority of Coryell/EP systems, there is a built in hot SS and a WS SA. From the gif, it looks like there is a built in hot but it's speculation (as it could be play design and myself not being familiar with Andy's hot/SA principles).

Now, the back does his job and then begins his "sneak" route. Hudson does a good job (if my protection assumption is correct) in assisting then completing teh slide. Where this all fails is A) Weakside blitz/support from Spillman and B) Smith staying on the X and not going to the hot or the back running the sneak while failing to climb the pocket.

Now, this analysis has quite a few areas of speculation due to my WC ignorance, but primarily, the issues on this play seem to be on Alex. From the gif, the hot looks available but it's hard to make an accurate determination from this angle. Additionally, I don't know if it was a built-in hot or a route designed and Alex didn't go through his progressions.

At this point, all I can say is A) This particular play looks like Alex's fault, especially from this angle. B)It's 1 play from the PS and I don't exactly have a familiarity with Reid's pro principles/hots/SAs, or progressions, so there is a discrepancy. Hard to not want to read too much into it and I'd encourage most not to. At the same time, if this is continued into the next PS game (against a team that does utilize similar concepts out of base/sub fronts) then there's probably some excellent fuel to add to the fire.

Also, inb4 tl;dr.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2013, 12:36 AM
Far too complicated an analysis.

Alex froze like a deer in the headlights and ran himself into a sack.

Reminds me of stuff Cassel used to do.

It would be interesting to know if anyone was open downfield or not.

Ming the Merciless
08-19-2013, 12:37 AM
Is it wrong to want SOrter to whisper stuff like "Gun Spread LT Strong 50s pro hot" to me while i rub his feet and feed him grapes?

Just being men

being manly and talking about weak slides and mike backers and cover 1

being macho

Hammock Parties
08-19-2013, 12:38 AM
black 59 razor, baby

Sorter
08-19-2013, 12:40 AM
Is it wrong to want SOrter to whisper stuff like "Gun Spread LT Strong 50s pro hot" to me while i rub his feet and feed him grapes?

Just being men

being manly and talking about weak slides and mike backers and cover 1

being macho

Can we do that whilst fishing?

OT: I really miss fishing. I haven't gotten to fish in roughly 5 years.

Sorter
08-19-2013, 12:41 AM
Far too complicated an analysis.

Alex froze like a deer in the headlights and ran himself into a sack.

Reminds me of stuff Cassel used to do.

It would be interesting to know if anyone was open downfield or not.

This an extremely basic but accurate analysis if the principles I described are correct.

Ming the Merciless
08-19-2013, 12:42 AM
<object height="44" width="148">

</object>
(http://vocaroo.com/i/s1GhqTFDAko5)http://vocaroo.com/i/s1GhqTFDAko5 (http://vocaroo.com)

As for the play, the alignment (keep in mind, this isn't WC terminology and I'll update it accordingly as the season progresses in all likelihood), it's Gun Spread LT Strong and looks like 50s pro. While terminology varies from system to system, protection philosophies typically do not. This looks like 50s (weak slide with back having M/S/SSF and for the majority of Coryell/EP systems, there is a built in hot SS and a WS SA. From the gif, it looks like there is a built in hot but it's speculation (as it could be play design and myself not being familiar with Andy's hot/SA principles).

Ming the Merciless
08-19-2013, 12:44 AM
Can we do that whilst fishing?

OT: I really miss fishing. I haven't gotten to fish in roughly 5 years.

I got some decent spots by me we could go get salmon on the ocean

or get clams and make chowder

You can get 50 clams per day with a regular license....me and my wife limit out most of the time and 100 clams is enough to make a nice pot of chowder