PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Mav
09-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Where have you been? Fanboys have been trying to prop up Smith over Kaep with every little cherry picked stat they could find.

No one has tried to prop Smith over KAP. Only the Alex Smith haters have delusions that Alex Smith fans having this secret battle that some how on some planet that Alex Smith is a better qb than Kap.

The failure with all of the Alex Smith haters is they think that if anyone respects or likes Alex Smith that they assume he is this God.

No, when in fact the majority of us, and I don't ever do this because it usually gets me into trouble, just appreciate the journey that he went through to get to where he was today.

Think about this for a second.

After 2011, Alex Smith played in one of the greatest playoff games in THE HISTORY OF THE NFL.

Nobody wanted him. The 49ers lowballed him so bad that he took a trip to Miami, where he wasn't wanted. No one wanted him.

Playing in 9 games the next season fetched the 49ers a nice giant booty for him.

The 49ers won all the way around, and yet Smith haters still just cant let go.

Its quite pathetic.

Mav
09-11-2013, 12:24 PM
But Smith has NEVER had high passing yards in his career. Maybe...just maybe he doesn't pass for a lot of yards because that's just not what he does?

The guy could be down by 4 touchdowns and still will not push the ball downfield. It's not his game.

Well, when exactly has Alex Smith been down 4 tds to need to do that?

He very rarely if ever is down by that much.

The only instances I can really remember needing him to do that were in 2009 when he came in at half time of the Houston game and let the team all the way back and looked damn good doing it.

Philly two years ago on the road, down 21-3 and leading the team back to win that game, Minnesota last year, but the entire team played like crap, gore fumbled when the 49ers were driving. Just a hideous game all the way around, and the Giants game last year when the 49ers were still experimenting with putting Kap in at odd times, the defense played like crap david akers missed two field goals Alex Smith played like crap and the Giants ran all over the 49ers in the second half.

AliceSmith
09-11-2013, 12:26 PM
No one has tried to prop Smith over KAP.

BS.

TONS of Alice-Smith jock sniffers on 49erswebzone have posted shit about how Smith would have won the Super Bowl had he started because he would have "controlled the clock" and "managed the game" better. Or how Alice would have kept the 49ers defense off the field with his amazing ball-control offense.

Or how Alice Smith is more humble, and shuns the spotlight while Kaepernick loves going taking photos for magazines, hanging out with rappers, or shows up at award shows.

Mav
09-11-2013, 12:31 PM
BS.

TONS of Alice-Smith jock sniffers on 49erswebzone have posted shit about how Smith would have won the Super Bowl had he started because he would have "controlled the clock" and "managed the game" better. Or how Alice would have kept the 49ers defense off the field with his amazing ball-control offense.

Or how Alice Smith is more humble, and shuns the spotlight while Kaepernick loves going taking photos for magazines, hanging out with rappers, or shows up at award shows.

Im not talking about them there. Im talking about the relevant Alex Smith jock sniffers here.

I don't go to the webzone. So I wouldn't know. Which begs the question.

Why aren't you there assaulting them?

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2013, 12:33 PM
BS.

No one cares what happens on a fucking 49er forum.

Go the fuck away and take all the other gasbags with you.

AliceSmith
09-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Im not talking about them there. Im talking about the relevant Alex Smith jock sniffers here.

I don't go to the webzone. So I wouldn't know. Which begs the question.

Why aren't you there assaulting them?

Because 49erswebzone is an Alice Smith worshipping site that bans anyone who criticizes Alice Smith. Why do you think I'm here chasing down 49erwebzone Alice Smith lovers?

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Why do you think I'm here chasing down 49erwebzone Alice Smith lovers?

Because you're a fucking loser

Mav
09-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Because 49erswebzone is an Alice Smith worshipping site that bans anyone who criticizes Alice Smith. Why do you think I'm here chasing down 49erwebzone Alice Smith lovers?

ROFL

Fair enough. Chase away.

Jakemall
09-11-2013, 12:56 PM
ROFL

Fair enough. Chase away.

LOL the Webzone will not allow a specifically "Alex Smith" thread..even in their NFL topics. They haven't since Kaep took over as QB. He can only be mentioned in context of how well KC will do this year.

So...he's here on a Chiefs forum because he can't trash Alex smith, who is no longer a 9er, in the forums on the 9er board. Wow..that's a lot of hate for someone he's never met. Did Alex sleep with his sister or something?

keg in kc
09-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Eli Manning threw for 450 yards Sunday - and lost coming from behind, which supports my point that teams that are losing pass more and teams that are winning run more. Anything else you want to read into it is your problem, not mine.You do realize that Romo threw more passes than Manning in that game, don't you?

Jakemall
09-11-2013, 12:59 PM
You do realize that Romo threw more passes than Manning in that game, don't you?

What does that mean to you?

Easy 6
09-11-2013, 01:06 PM
No one cares what happens on a ****ing 49er forum.

Go the **** away and take all the other gasbags with you.

LMAO

NinerDoug
09-11-2013, 01:06 PM
I don't know which posts or worsts. Your posts on the 9er board or the ones here. Disgraceful 9er "fan".

Where have you been? Fanboys have been trying to prop up Smith over Kaep with every little cherry picked stat they could find.

1) You're full of shit; CK7 has 100% support among niners fans.

2) You obviously have a lot of hate for AS, even though he is no longer a niner. WTF are you doing here other than trolling? Are you really that bored?

NinerDoug
09-11-2013, 01:12 PM
But Smith has NEVER had high passing yards in his career. Maybe...just maybe he doesn't pass for a lot of yards because that's just not what he does?

The guy could be down by 4 touchdowns and still will not push the ball downfield. It's not his game.

You obviously weren't paying attention or just enjoy making shit up.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2013, 01:12 PM
LMAO

Seriously, if I were Mod, I'd ban them all. Every single one of the 49ers fans that post on this site.

This is 1,000 times more annoying than the Patriotards that came over in 2009.

NinerDoug
09-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Seriously, if I were Mod, I'd ban them all. Every single one of the 49ers fans that post on this site.

This is 1,000 times more annoying than the Patriotards that came over in 2009.

Hey, we like it here. You should take it as a compliment.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2013, 01:18 PM

Great! Take that "compliment" and shove it up your ass, along with a few fingers.

Jakemall
09-11-2013, 01:21 PM

It was probably bad enough with a number of us coming over and trying to stuff our opinions down everyone's throat about Alex. From previous posts, they've expereienced it before and are sick of it.

What's more is that we brought our baggage with us and are still having our pro/anti Alex battles on thier forums now.

I'm not going anywhere though because I'm a big enough fan of Alex that I have become by default a fan of the Chiefs. I don't know if that continues once he is gone or not...but for now, here I am.

I'll still be a 9er fan...probably always will.

NinerDoug
09-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Great! Take that "compliment" and shove it up your ass, along with a few fingers.

Another nice thing around here. You can say "shit" and "ass." Over on our board, you have to use clever symbols and spellings to say anything like that.

It's hilarious at times. If you want to say "Dick Chaney," it comes out "**** Chaney."

NinerDoug
09-11-2013, 01:26 PM
It was probably bad enough with a number of us coming over and trying to stuff our opinions down everyone's throat about Alex. From previous posts, they've expereienced it before and are sick of it.

What's more is that we brought our baggage with us and are still having our pro/anti Alex battles on thier forums now.

I'm not going anywhere though because I'm a big enough fan of Alex that I have become by default a fan of the Chiefs. I don't know if that continues once he is gone or not...but for now, here I am.

Pretty much the way I feel. I would like to see Alex have a successful career, and have interest in how he's doing with the Chiefs, and what their fans think of him. I generally try to limit my opinions about him to some fairly objective observations.

It's also kind of nostalgic, seeing people blow headgaskets about him on both sides of the argument, just like it used to be over on our boards. :evil:

Carlota69
09-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Another nice thing around here. You can say "shit" and "ass." Over on our board, you have to use clever symbols and spellings to say anything like that.

It's hilarious at times. If you want to say "Dick Chaney," it comes out "**** Chaney."

Yeah, we dont fuck around in this forum...well, we almost dont anyways:D

NinerDoug
09-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Yeah, we dont **** around in this forum...well, we almost dont anyways:D

Lol.

Carlota69
09-11-2013, 01:33 PM

I understand Smith fans coming over and joining, but I dont understand the 49er fan Smith haters. Im so fucking happy Matt Cassel is gone, that I wont even go near a forum that has purple colors, much less a Vikings forum. I could not give a rats ass about that loser and would never go anywhere to discuss him over and over again. Hes dead to me really. If I was a 9er fan and I hated Smith like I see some of these guys (Kapernick and others), I wouldnt come here to discuss him. I dont get it. Hes gone from SF, you should be happy. Its like they want to continually talk about how their ex girlfriend was a snatchy bitch. Get over it and move on and dont look back.

keg in kc
09-11-2013, 01:35 PM
What does that mean to you?I think there are a few guys on here that are taking any sort of discussion about concerns or things that need to improve as some kind of assault on Alex Smith. When the reality is that it's a simple statement of fact that a game like the Chiefs had on Sunday, a blowout win with under 200 yards passing, is an aberration in today's NFL. Pointing that out isn't saying "Alex Smith sucks" any more than it's saying "Jamaal Charles sucks" when one acknowledges that we also didn't run the ball particularly well, with backs accruing just 95 yards on 24 carries (Smith scrambles accounted for the other 25).

To add to it, the idea that they "took their foot off the gas" on Sunday is, I think, an accurate one (I've said it a number of times myself...). But only in terms of how they were operating on the field. They kept throwing the ball, they just appeared to go preseason vanilla in how they were trying to do it (not much creativity in terms of formation or matchups, unlike the first half). My guess is that they were keeping things close to the vest to limit the looks the Cowboys have on tape for Sunday's game. But that's just a guess...

The numbers line up like this: Smith was 12-19 (63%) for 92 yards in the first half, with the team running the ball 15 times for 78 yards. In the second half, Smith was 9-15 (60%) for 81 yards, and the team ran the ball 13 times for 42 yards. So the reality is that they didn't actually go into a run-heavy shell. They were still throwing the ball (and Smith did finish with 34 attempts for the game, which is right around where most of us expected him to be in Reid's offense - this was not Martyball...). The simple truth is that they just weren't executing particularly well in either phase in the 2nd half, run or pass. The 6 total first downs, thanks in large part to going 1-7 on 3rd down (after starting 4-8 in the first half), and 6 consecutive punts in the half bear that reality out.

I don't point that out to cry "fail". I'm not saying "Alex Smith sucks" (you know, I'm not clayton...). I simply point that out as something that needs to - and probably will - improve. Sunday was not a perfect game for the offense by any stretch. It was enough to win against Jacksonville, but they don't play Jacksonville every week, so they'll have to be better moving forward. And I expect that they will be. I think we'll continue to see @35 passes from Alex Smith every week, but I don't believe we'll see 173 yards passing again, with that many attempts. I think he'll be closer to 250 most weeks.

keg in kc
09-11-2013, 01:37 PM

This is 1,000 times more annoying than the Patriotards that came over in 2009.Agree with that.

And Jim Harbaugh is a complete douchebag. He reminds me a lot of Brian Billick. But worse.

Jakemall
09-11-2013, 01:39 PM
I understand Smith fans coming over and joining, but I dont understand the 49er fan Smith haters. Im so ****ing happy Matt Cassel is gone, that I wont even go near a forum that has purple colors, much less a Vikings forum. I could not give a rats ass about that loser and would never go anywhere to discuss him over and over again. Hes dead to me really. If I was a 9er fan and I hated Smith like I see some of these guys (Kapernick and others), I wouldnt come here to discuss him. I dont get it. Hes gone from SF, you should be happy. Its like they want to continually talk about how their ex girlfriend was a snatchy bitch. Get over it and move on and dont look back.

Snag.

Jakemall
09-11-2013, 01:44 PM
I think there are a few guys on here that are taking any sort of discussion about concerns or things that need to improve as some kind of assault on Alex Smith. When the reality is that it's a simple statement of fact that a game like the Chiefs had on Sunday, a blowout win with under 200 yards passing, is an aberration in today's NFL. Pointing that out isn't saying "Alex Smith sucks" any more than it's saying "Jamaal Charles sucks" when one acknowledges that we also didn't run the ball particularly well, with backs accruing just 95 yards on 24 carries (Smith scrambles accounted for the other 25).

To add to it, the idea that they "took their foot off the gas" on Sunday is, I think, an accurate one (I've said it a number of times myself...). But only in terms of how they were operating on the field. They kept throwing the ball, they just appeared to go preseason vanilla in how they were trying to do it (not much creativity in terms of formation or matchups, unlike the first half). My guess is that they were keeping things close to the vest to limit the looks the Cowboys have on tape for Sunday's game. But that's just a guess...

The numbers line up like this: Smith was 12-19 (63%) for 92 yards in the first half, with the team running the ball 15 times for 78 yards. In the second half, Smith was 9-15 (60%) for 81 yards, and the team ran the ball 13 times for 42 yards. So the reality is that they didn't actually go into a run-heavy shell. They were still throwing the ball (and Smith did finish with 34 attempts for the game, which is right around where most of us expected him to be in Reid's offense - this was not Martyball...). The simple truth is that they just weren't executing particularly well in either phase in the 2nd half, run or pass. The 6 total first downs, thanks in large part to going 1-7 on 3rd down (after starting 4-8 in the first half), and 6 consecutive punts in the half bear that reality out.

I don't point that out to cry "fail". I'm not saying "Alex Smith sucks" (you know, I'm not clayton...). I simply point that out as something that needs to - and probably will - improve. Sunday was not a perfect game for the offense by any stretch. It was enough to win against Jacksonville, but they don't play Jacksonville every week, so they'll have to be better moving forward. And I expect that they will be. I think we'll continue to see @35 passes from Alex Smith every week, but I don't believe we'll see 173 yards passing again, with that many attempts. I think he'll be closer to 250 most weeks.

I don't disagree with this for the most part. Which is why I asked you to explain. I do think we'll see a few games below 200 yards. What's more, I think those games will be wins.

keg in kc
09-11-2013, 01:50 PM
I don't disagree with this for the most part. Which is why I asked you to explain. I do think we'll see a few games below 200 yards. What's more, I think those games will be wins.I don't think they can win consistently with that kind of yardage. Unless they're either 1) situations like Sunday where they're handed the ball in the red zone by the defense, or 2) a game where the running game goes over 200 yards (something I don't believe we'll see much this year). 4.9 yards per passing play won't win a lot of games. Fortunately, I also think that figure was a bit of an aberration, and that Alex is more likely closer to 7 ypp than 5 on any given Sunday.

I don't think we'll see him under, say, 30 attempts very often. Which is why I don't think we'll see him under 200 yards very often. He may not be Drew Brees or Tom Brady, slinging 3 and 4 hundred yard games, but he's also not Matt Cassel. Those yardage numbers will go up a bit by default, I think.

Alex Smiff
09-11-2013, 02:11 PM

This is true.

They have a thread where you can talk about Alex Smith, but it must be positive. You're allowed to criticize Kaep, though. All of the fanboys there are now posting here.

If we were weren't so heavily modded over there, I wouldn't even be here.

Jakemall
09-11-2013, 02:20 PM
I don't think they can win consistently with that kind of yardage. Unless they're either 1) situations like Sunday where they're handed the ball in the red zone by the defense, or 2) a game where the running game goes over 200 yards (something I don't believe we'll see much this year). 4.9 yards per passing play won't win a lot of games. Fortunately, I also think that figure was a bit of an aberration, and that Alex is more likely closer to 7 ypp than 5 on any given Sunday.

I don't think we'll see him under, say, 30 attempts very often. Which is why I don't think we'll see him under 200 yards very often. He may not be Drew Brees or Tom Brady, slinging 3 and 4 hundred yard games, but he's also not Matt Cassel. Those yardage numbers will go up a bit by default, I think.

Again, likely true. I just said there will be a few. Not that it will be the norm. I wouldn't be suprised to see Reid take a page out of Harbaugh's book and try to duplicate what happened in 2011 with the 9ers. That is, the offense did only enough to win, which became more as the year progressed. It also gave time for the offensive players to catch up to the playbook and get on the same pages as each other.

Easy 6
09-11-2013, 02:43 PM
I think there are a few guys on here that are taking any sort of discussion about concerns or things that need to improve as some kind of assault on Alex Smith. When the reality is that it's a simple statement of fact that a game like the Chiefs had on Sunday, a blowout win with under 200 yards passing, is an aberration in today's NFL. Pointing that out isn't saying "Alex Smith sucks" any more than it's saying "Jamaal Charles sucks" when one acknowledges that we also didn't run the ball particularly well, with backs accruing just 95 yards on 24 carries (Smith scrambles accounted for the other 25).

Reasonable post is reasonable.

keg in kc
09-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Again, likely true. I just said there will be a few. Not that it will be the norm. I wouldn't be suprised to see Reid take a page out of Harbaugh's book and try to duplicate what happened in 2011 with the 9ers. That is, the offense did only enough to win, which became more as the year progressed. It also gave time for the offensive players to catch up to the playbook and get on the same pages as each other.I think they're further along than we realize and were playing possum a bit on Sunday. I'm not saying that they weren't trying or anything goofy like that, they do need to work on execution, but I think they closed the playbook once the game was out of hand. Which was basically after we scored TD #2. It was clear very early that Jacksonville wasn't going to do anything on offense.

It won't be like that Sunday, and I would not be the least bit surprised to see things opened up against Dallas. Whether it works or not is another question, that's a much better secondary, but I don't think they're going to play not to lose, at least not more than Alex Smith already inherently does.

Looking at the calendar I don't see a whole lot of games where they could afford to play passively and hope to just do enough to win (which, frankly, I think is a terrible philosophy, but that's another discussion...). There's a lot of teams that can score a lot of points on their schedule. Obviously Dallas, Philly, NYG and Washington all have potent units, as do the Texans, Colts, Broncos and Chargers. The Titans and Bills are sort of a mystery right now, Oakland looked better but still not good, and the Browns looked like crap, but that's about it. I think the O's going to have to perform, and perform right away, because a good game for the defense against some of those offenses will be holding them down around 20 or 24 points. Certainly Dallas, Philly and the Giants in the next 3 weeks are not what I would consider the kind of games where a Martyball approach will work all that well. Because they're all teams that can score quickly, so ball control and time of possession can come back to bite you in the ass. I'm not saying get into shootouts, the Chiefs offense does need to play with a mentality of protecting the ball, but they also have to move the chains and score points. If they're punting 10 times in these games, they're most likely losing.

bevischief
09-11-2013, 02:58 PM
I think they're further along than we realize and were playing possum a bit on Sunday. I'm not saying that they weren't trying or anything goofy like that, they do need to work on execution, but I think they closed the playbook once the game was out of hand. Which was basically after we scored TD #2. It was clear very early that Jacksonville wasn't going to do anything on offense.

It won't be like that Sunday, and I would not be the least bit surprised to see things opened up against Dallas. Whether it works or not is another question, that's a much better secondary, but I don't think they're going to play not to lose, at least not more than Alex Smith already inherently does.

Looking at the calendar I don't see a whole lot of games where they could afford to play passively and hope to just do enough to win (which, frankly, I think is a terrible philosophy, but that's another discussion...). There's a lot of teams that can score a lot of points on their schedule. Obviously Dallas, Philly, NYG and Washington all have potent units, as do the Texans, Colts, Broncos and Chargers. The Titans and Bills are sort of a mystery right now, Oakland looked better but still not good, and the Browns looked like crap, but that's about it. I think the O's going to have to perform, and perform right away, because a good game for the defense against some of those offenses will be holding them down around 20 or 24 points. Certainly Dallas, Philly and the Giants in the next 3 weeks are not what I would consider the kind of games where a Martyball approach will work all that well. Because they're all teams that can score quickly, so ball control and time of possession can come back to bite you in the ass. I'm not saying get into shootouts, the Chiefs offense does need to play with a mentality of protecting the ball, but they also have to move the chains and score points. If they're punting 10 times in these games, they're most likely losing.

:clap:

Halfcan
09-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Hopefully after Alex wins this week this thread will fade-lol

Jakemall
09-11-2013, 03:20 PM
I think they're further along than we realize and were playing possum a bit on Sunday. I'm not saying that they weren't trying or anything goofy like that, they do need to work on execution, but I think they closed the playbook once the game was out of hand. Which was basically after we scored TD #2. It was clear very early that Jacksonville wasn't going to do anything on offense.

I think if they play mistake free football, it'll be good enough against Dallas. They won't have to show all their cards. Dallas isn't great against the run..so I could see that being a big part of the game plan.

I almost think it would be a mistake to open it up against the Eagles. Playing a nice slow even paced running game with some passes mixed in to give the defense time to catch thier breath is my knee jerk reaction to that non-stop offense. Being away, I think the game plan will be to score fast and early and then to burn clock.

No denying that against the Giants they'll have to throw more, but it can be a balanced attack. I think the defense will be good enough to keep Eli in check.

I don't expect much from either the Titans or Raiders, but The Texans will be a real test.

keg in kc
09-11-2013, 03:28 PM
I think it's going to be increasingly difficult to run if teams do what Jacksonville did and load the short and intermediate zones (which is exactly what I expect everyone to do...). They'll have to go downfield at some point or they're going to get smothered. I don't think the line at this point is strong enough to dictate to opposing d-lines. I also worry that there's an ulterior motive for the proclivity of short passing, beyond Smith's normal conservative tendencies, and that's a concern with protection.

We'll have a better idea after Sunday's game. If Ware eats us alive we may be in some trouble.

Either way, I think we're going to see teams loading the line of scrimmage until we demonstrate that we can beat them over the top. Screens and misdirection can help with that, but most likely nothing short of long completions will cure it (I would point out that our first play Sunday was a shot downfield - I expect to see more of that). We need some big plays (in the run game as much as the pass - what was our longest run against Jax, 18 yards? Longest pass was something like 26 to a fullback.)

Sandy Vagina
09-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Admittedly optimistic, I am seeing a 6-3 start for KC.

Kansas City @ Jacksonville - W

Dallas @ Kansas City - W
Kansas City @ Philadelphia - L
NY Giants @ Kansas City - L
Kansas City @ Tennessee - W
Oakland @ Kansas City - W
Houston @ Kansas City - L
Cleveland @ Kansas City - W
Kansas City @ Buffalo - W

... though could easily see a surprise W and L swapping out in there.

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww154/tuanbeo_08/fortune-teller.jpg

Jakemall
09-11-2013, 03:31 PM
I think it's going to be increasingly difficult to run if teams do what Jacksonville did and load the short and intermediate zones (which is exactly what I expect everyone to do...). They'll have to go downfield at some point or they're going to get smothered. I don't think the line at this point is strong enough to dictate to opposing d-lines. I also worry that there's an ulterior motive for the proclivity of short passing, beyond Smith's normal conservative tendencies, and that's a concern with protection.

We'll have a better idea after Sunday's game. If Ware eats us alive we may be in some trouble.

Either way, I think we're going to see teams loading the line of scrimmage until we demonstrate that we can beat them over the top. Screens and misdirection can help with that, but most likely nothing short of long completions will cure it (I would point out that our first play Sunday was a shot downfield - I expect to see more of that).

The answer to that is to throw one or two deep passes that burn them. That is what Alex has done before, fairly effectively. Let the defense creep up and then burn them deep, then wait for the defense to cheat up again. You don't have to go deep every down...just enough to make the defense defend it.

You may be right on the OL...that's actually my biggest concern with the team.

Mav
09-11-2013, 04:35 PM
I have a legitimate question.

Does DaneMcCloud like anybody?

He fights with the Alex haters, and for the last couple of weeks he has been lashing out at the guys who mostly have been supporting him, and his fight against Clay.

That time of the month Dane?

I came here to talk football period. Sure, I talk alex smith, but I talk all things Chiefs.

Relax hombre.....

They make Midol for that.

NinerDoug
09-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Admittedly optimistic, I am seeing a 6-3 start for KC.

Kansas City @ Jacksonville - W

Dallas @ Kansas City - W
Kansas City @ Philadelphia - L
NY Giants @ Kansas City - L
Kansas City @ Tennessee - W
Oakland @ Kansas City - W
Houston @ Kansas City - L
Cleveland @ Kansas City - W
Kansas City @ Buffalo - W

... though could easily see a surprise W and L swapping out in there.

7-2. Give yourselves a win against the Giants at home. They are not that good.

Mav
09-11-2013, 04:43 PM
7-2. Give yourselves a win against the Giants at home. They are not that good.

Eh. Every team has that Kryptonite. Ever since that game where Justin Smith secured that win for the 49ers at the end, the Giants have been a house of horrors for Alex Smith.......

Sandy Vagina
09-11-2013, 04:50 PM

I generally approve of what he has to say, though he gets too hot around the collar at unworthy posters. Still, yeah.. he has apparently decided to lump all the SF posters together. Oh well... such is message board life.

vailpass
09-11-2013, 04:54 PM

He fights with the Alex haters, and for the last couple of weeks he has been lashing out at the guys who mostly have been supporting him, and his fight against Clay.

That time of the month Dane?

I came here to talk football period. Sure, I talk alex smith, but I talk all things Chiefs.

Relax hombre.....

They make Midol for that.

Can't be afraid of strong posters here, Dane is one of those. Converse with him and you'll get as good as you give.

NinerDoug
09-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Eh. Every team has that Kryptonite. Ever since that game where Justin Smith secured that win for the 49ers at the end, the Giants have been a house of horrors for Alex Smith.......

I don't see it that way. 2011 he beat them in the regular season, and the playoffs were close.

2012 they just happened to be the game after two wins. Year of the WWL curse.

Jakemall
09-11-2013, 04:56 PM

Meh...2 games. Both of them I don't really hold against Alex despite his play.

Sandy Vagina
09-11-2013, 04:57 PM
I don't see it that way. 2011 he beat them in the regular season, and the playoffs were close.

2012 they just happened to be the game after two wins. Year of the WWL curse.

People want to call it an excuse, but to add, it can't be fun throwing the ball with a busted up middle finger on your throwing hand either. Not saying that this was the issue, but can't say that it wasn't. The OC's comments sure did reflect that the injury was an issue.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2013, 08:19 PM
LOL the Webzone will not allow a specifically "Alex Smith" thread..even in their NFL topics. They haven't since Kaep took over as QB. He can only be mentioned in context of how well KC will do this year.

That site should be fucking eradicated.

Kaepernick
09-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Hopefully after Alex wins this week this thread will fade-lol

Prediction:

This thread will never die!

LowExpectations
09-11-2013, 08:37 PM

"Probably"?

You're a fucking joke.

LowExpectations
09-11-2013, 08:43 PM
FYP

LOL. You're still harping on the little finger injury he had?

You're an abortion of a poster.

LowExpectations
09-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Also, the WCO of the 80s Niners wasn't designed around constantly slinging it down the field. See ringless Dan Marino for that.

Another dolt who has no clue what the "WCO" was, how the name came about, and has sheepishly formed his opinion on moron talking heads fairytales about how Bill Walsh's offense worked.

LowExpectations
09-11-2013, 08:49 PM
Can't be afraid of strong posters here, Dane is one of those. Converse with him and you'll get as good as you give.

There's no such thing as a "strong poster" who describes screen passes as beautiful.

He's a moronic homer, even worse than MacTardOldFart is with Smith.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Time to flush a few of these turds ROFL

Alex Smiff
09-11-2013, 08:59 PM
People want to call it an excuse, but to add, it can't be fun throwing the ball with a busted up middle finger on your throwing hand either. Not saying that this was the issue, but can't say that it wasn't. The OC's comments sure did reflect that the injury was an issue.

It IS an excuse. He was ass in that game and it had nothing to do with his finger. Just own it. You won't be killed for admitting it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Low Ex is my favorite Niner Transplant.

With Maverick coming in a close second.

LowExpectations
09-11-2013, 09:15 PM
It IS an excuse. He was ass in that game and it had nothing to do with his finger. Just own it. You won't be killed for admitting it.

These are the same types of people who blamed the "slickness on the footballs" for plays like this:

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq11/ZackM17/GIF%20Files/GIF%20Files%20Football/AlexSmith2.gif

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Low Ex is my favorite Niner Transplant.

With Maverick coming in a close second.

That's because you're not a Chiefs fan.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2013, 09:48 PM
That's because you're not a Chiefs fan.

:whackit:

Go piss in your own ass.

ViperVisor
09-11-2013, 09:55 PM

He made bad decisions and those were compounded by throws that were way off in some cases. It was a suck performance even if he made a on point pass with those picks.

It makes sense they knew he was having issues with the finger.

They were mixing in a LOT of Kaepernick substitutions as a way to get around having Smith throw as much.

And they didn't look very prepared to do them. The plays pretty much all failed. But even if they didn't have the practice reps with them they had to try it cause Smith was not 100%.

Jakemall
09-11-2013, 09:57 PM
"Probably"?

You're a ****ing joke.

Probably.

So, I'm a joke because I admit that there is a possibility, no matter how small, that I could become a fan of another team and replace the 9ers? Why wouldn't I? It already happened once back in 81.

At least I know who I am and what I'm doing here...what's your excuse? And why so much hate over who I chose to be fan over? Does my fandom have any impact on your life? Hell, you don't even know me.

Jakemall
09-11-2013, 10:02 PM

I knew it. I knew you would have to deny the injury to sleep better at night. LOL.

Jakemall
09-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Prediction:

Only if mods kill it or Alex leaves KC.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2013, 10:05 PM

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8663/goodnight11.gif

Jakemall
09-11-2013, 10:07 PM
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8663/goodnight11.gif

Good luck with that.

Kaepernick
09-11-2013, 10:53 PM

Why would the mods kill this thread? Everybody loves to watch a good train wreck. This thread is sports forum ambulance carnage rubber-necking at it's best. You don't really want to see the horror, yet you don't turn away.

A typical Alex Smith thread.

Alex Smiff
09-11-2013, 11:32 PM
He made bad decisions and those were compounded by throws that were way off in some cases. It was a suck performance even if he made a on point pass with those picks.

It makes sense they knew he was having issues with the finger.

They were mixing in a LOT of Kaepernick substitutions as a way to get around having Smith throw as much.

And they didn't look very prepared to do them. The plays pretty much all failed. But even if they didn't have the practice reps with them they had to try it cause Smith was not 100%.

He still made BAD decisions with the football, though and it had nothing to do with his finger. Didn't Gabbert play with a bum finger on Sunday? Does that excuse his pathetic performance?

Kaepernick
09-11-2013, 11:49 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-presents/0ap2000000242211/NFL-Films-Presents-The-Golden-Decision

AliceSmith
09-12-2013, 12:16 AM
Pathetic Alice Smith fans will NEVER, EVER, EVER, admit that Alice Smith had a bad game that was HIS OWN DOING. Always was excuse.

Alice Smith fans would never give Kaepernick those same excuses.

BigMeatballDave
09-12-2013, 06:32 AM
Pathetic Alice Smith fans will NEVER, EVER, EVER, admit that Alice Smith had a bad game that was HIS OWN DOING. Always was excuse.

Change your tampon.

ViperVisor
09-12-2013, 09:18 AM
He still made BAD decisions with the football, though and it had nothing to do with his finger. Didn't Gabbert play with a bum finger on Sunday? Does that excuse his pathetic performance?

THAT IS WHAT I SAID

He made bad decisions

Those games never happen in the NFL?

Gabbert has shown himself to be not good either way. The finger issue is a possible reason he wasn't even up to his usual bad play.

Saccopoo
09-12-2013, 09:23 AM

http://gifs.gifbin.com/052010/1272964790_glenn-beck-crying.gif

NinerDoug
09-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Another dolt who has no clue what the "WCO" was, how the name came about, and has sheepishly formed his opinion on moron talking heads fairytales about how Bill Walsh's offense worked.

Why don't you explain what is incorrect about my statement, fuck face?

Alex Smiff
09-12-2013, 10:26 AM
THAT IS WHAT I SAID

He made bad decisions

Gabbert has shown himself to be not good either way. The finger issue is a possible reason he wasn't even up to his usual bad play.

And around and around we go. The point is, the bum finger excuse does not wash because he made bad decisions in that game that led to the Giants winning handily. He played poorly, so why bring up that silly excuse? Why is this guy so special where every little thing that isn't perfect is magnified?

ViperVisor
09-12-2013, 11:01 AM
And around and around we go. The point is, the bum finger excuse does not wash because he made bad decisions in that game that led to the Giants winning handily. He played poorly, so why bring up that silly excuse? Why is this guy so special where every little thing that isn't perfect is magnified?

Not a silly excuse. If you are physically not right it matters.

What is obvious would be to give the Giants Defense credit but fans typically don't like doing that, especially with a team you don't like.

Monolith
09-12-2013, 01:36 PM

Alex Smith GREATER than you, even in KC he still runs your life ROFL

Mav
09-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Prediction:

Oh, if you and the other guys who don't like Alex Smith, aka the other 49er fans who create stupid names like Alice Smith, Alex Smiff, would leave, then threads like this would die. I don't personally care as much when Clay rips him.

But when you guys do, and especially you, today starting a thread that had zero to do with the Chiefs and was basically rapped around you being pissed at how the QBR didn't have Kap as the pimp of the world, after all your preaching about not bringing 49er shit to this board, I realized it.

Guys like Mac, Jake, myself, Doug, viper, just want to talk football, and just happen to really like Alex Smith, and want to talk about the present and future and not the past.

So sure. A thread like this will never die, because guys like you wont leave.

Mav
09-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Do you even know where the WCO actually came from?

Pffff. You are full of shit.

I have repeatedly admitted when Alex has struggled. No one on THIS FORUM killed him worst than I did after the 49ers chiefs preseason game.

He didn't play well against the giants. Then again. No body on the 49ers did. Did they? They ran frank gore 8 times, all GAME, all in the first half. The defense got pissed on all over all day. The giants opened the second half with a huge kick return. Alex isn't a guy that can bring a team back very often. he played like crap. sure the finger was an issue, but if he was good enough to play, he was good enough to overcome it.

He played like crap in that game, he played like crap in the Minnesota game.

he was pretty crappy against the ravens on thanksgiving. Even though, some of that wasn't his fault. No adam Snyder, no bruce miller hurt, short week, but whatever. he didn't play well.

Didn't play well when the 49ers lost to Arizona.

Hell, HE PLAYED LIKE SHIT IN THE NYJ game where the 49ers won 34-0.

Please. I have no problem admitting when Alex plays badly.

Here is the rub though. alex smith haters, will never admit when he plays well.

Like in the Bills game, like in the Arizona game, or like in the Saints playoff game.

Guys were wide open in the Bills game, in the Arizona game it was all short passes against a crappy secondary, and in the saints game, it was alex smiths fault that the 49ers hadn't buried them after getting 5 turnovers.

Its always something to cry about. Both ways.

But I don't believe in excuses. I believe in Reasons, and Results.

LowExpectations
09-13-2013, 12:13 AM
THAT IS WHAT I SAID

He made bad decisions

Gabbert has horrible talent around him and needs about 10 years to prove his worth I would say.

LowExpectations
09-13-2013, 12:16 AM
Not a silly excuse. If you are physically not right it matters.

What is obvious would be to give the Giants Defense credit but fans typically don't like doing that, especially with a team you don't like.

If the finger was such a problem, he should have sat out.

Coincidentally, the concussion would have been another excuse for 4-5 games from your ball licker type if not for NFL rules.

Rasputin
09-13-2013, 12:21 AM
Why would the mods kill this thread? Everybody loves to watch a good train wreck. This thread is sports forum ambulance carnage rubber-necking at it's best. You don't really want to see the horror, yet you don't turn away.

A typical Alex Smith thread.

If this thread reaches it's potential with over 9,000 post the mods may decide to kill it to save the server.

This thread is going get bump each week if Alex Smith has a bad game or good game or even meh game. I think he is going have more meh games than either good or bad.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2013, 12:26 AM
If this thread reaches it's potential with over 9,000 post the mods may decide to kill it to save the server.

This thread is going get bump each week if Alex Smith has a bad game or good game or even meh game. I think he is going have more meh games than either good or bad.

Great! We ALL look forward to your bitching.

:rolleyes:

ViperVisor
09-13-2013, 02:00 AM

Coincidentally, the concussion would have been another excuse for 4-5 games from your ball licker type if not for NFL rules.

Finger appeared to be a moderate problem. As has been stated it was a bad game with the choices of throws either way.

It was also a bad game in other areas. The team failed and got out played and out coached.

Why pretend that that game or the Vikings game were W's in the bag till Smith screwed us over?

Even with the best for about 20 years how often did the 49ers get to or win the SuperBowl?
It's hard to do.
And it's harder when your QB is good not great.

What's the surprise? Did you only recently discover we didn't have a HOF QB or WR ?

We couldn't take some pride in team that was in the playoffs and borderline contenders because goofballs like you would rather preach hate and ignorance.

And you pop up and do this act here? On a team forum who haven't won a playoff game in 20 years?
Do you have any clue how ridiculous you look?

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 03:36 AM
I think Ive opened this cesspool for the last time.

greg63
09-13-2013, 04:42 AM
Never say never.

mdchiefsfan
09-13-2013, 04:46 AM
I think Ive opened this cesspool for the last time.

LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni
09-13-2013, 04:56 AM
Did I really read someone using a fullback being out as an excuse...wow

NinerDoug
09-13-2013, 09:51 AM
Do you even know where the WCO actually came from?

Pffff. You are full of shit.

I have repeatedly admitted when Alex has struggled. No one on THIS FORUM killed him worst than I did after the 49ers chiefs preseason game.

He didn't play well against the giants. Then again. No body on the 49ers did. Did they? They ran frank gore 8 times, all GAME, all in the first half. The defense got pissed on all over all day. The giants opened the second half with a huge kick return. Alex isn't a guy that can bring a team back very often. he played like crap. sure the finger was an issue, but if he was good enough to play, he was good enough to overcome it.

He played like crap in that game, he played like crap in the Minnesota game.

he was pretty crappy against the ravens on thanksgiving. Even though, some of that wasn't his fault. No adam Snyder, no bruce miller hurt, short week, but whatever. he didn't play well.

Didn't play well when the 49ers lost to Arizona.

Hell, HE PLAYED LIKE SHIT IN THE NYJ game where the 49ers won 34-0.

Please. I have no problem admitting when Alex plays badly.

Here is the rub though. alex smith haters, will never admit when he plays well.

Like in the Bills game, like in the Arizona game, or like in the Saints playoff game.

Guys were wide open in the Bills game, in the Arizona game it was all short passes against a crappy secondary, and in the saints game, it was alex smiths fault that the 49ers hadn't buried them after getting 5 turnovers.

Its always something to cry about. Both ways.

But I don't believe in excuses. I believe in Reasons, and Results.

I would rep you but don't have rep powers yet.

A guy with a handle like "AliceSmith" might as well have "I am a troll" as his name.

Mav
09-13-2013, 10:27 AM
Gabbert has horrible talent around him and needs about 10 years to prove his worth I would say.

He has horrible talent around him because their number 7 overall pick cant stop being a dumbass. Marcedes Lewis is a very good tight end, MJD is a stud running back, they have a good oline,, they have two other very capable receivers in Cecil Short, and Ace Sanders. The lack of talent, isn't really the issue as much as it is that he sucks.

Mav
09-13-2013, 10:32 AM
Did I really read someone using a fullback being out as an excuse...wow

It is not an excuse. Bruce Miller was vital in protecting Alex Smith. Moran Norris was HORRIBLE. Between him being out, and Adam Snyder leaving Chilo Rachal, the Ravens ran ROUGH SHOD over the 49ers.

Don't forget. Not excuses. Reasons. That was the Thanksgiving night game.

Cross country from SF to Baltimore. Not only that, but Alex Smith had a td pass taken away because of a bullshit chop block call on Frank Gore when Alex Smith had hit Ted Ginn for a very long td.

Jakemall
09-13-2013, 10:59 AM

LMAO.

I'm not even going to bother...

:troll:

Kaepernick
09-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Oh, if you and the other guys who don't like Alex Smith, aka the other 49er fans who create stupid names like Alice Smith, Alex Smiff, would leave, then threads like this would die. I don't personally care as much when Clay rips him.

But when you guys do, and especially you, today starting a thread that had zero to do with the Chiefs and was basically rapped around you being pissed at how the QBR didn't have Kap as the pimp of the world, after all your preaching about not bringing 49er shit to this board, I realized it.

Guys like Mac, Jake, myself, Doug, viper, just want to talk football, and just happen to really like Alex Smith, and want to talk about the present and future and not the past.

So sure. A thread like this will never die, because guys like you wont leave.

I was surprised by you and others who don't take that thread at face value.

All my discussion in that OP was Peyton vs Dalton. My list was the top 2 guys in passer rating for the week (Peyton & Kaepernick), Dalton who was #2 in QBR for the week, and Rodgers who was well below Dalton for QBR but well above for conventional passer rating.

I was showing a sample of the horrendous disparity in QBR. Some people saw the name "Kaepernick" and melted down mentally. I guess I am now prohibited from bringing him up on this forum

So I can say Boldin had the 2nd best game of his career but I can't mention the Quarterback who flung the ball to him. Nice.

Mav
09-13-2013, 11:05 AM
I was surprised by you and others who don't take that thread at face value.

All my discussion in that OP was Peyton vs Dalton. My list was the top 2 guys in passer rating for the week (Peyton & Kaepernick), Dalton who was #2 in QBR for the week, and Rodgers who was well below Dalton for QBR but well above for conventional passer rating.

I was showing a sample of the horrendous disparity in QBR. Some people saw the name "Kaepernick" and melted down mentally. I guess I am now prohibited from bringing him up on this forum

So I can say Boldin had the 2nd best game of his career but I can't mention the Quarterback who flung the ball to him. Nice.

LOL. I was of course as you say, holding your feet to the fire with your words.

Even though your post and thread itself was very good in itself, occasionally busting your balls, is something that I do enjoy. Its a perk even if I do have to remind myself that I have gone from relentlessly disliking you, to respecting you fully.

yeah, its a big step in my rehab.

:D

Jakemall
09-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Gah...get a room.

Mav
09-13-2013, 11:22 AM
Gah...get a room.

its room 666.

:#

Jakemall
09-13-2013, 11:56 AM
its room 666.

Kaep and Mav like each other... Room 666... It's coming together now.

The world is going to end.

Kaepernick
09-13-2013, 12:05 PM
LOL. I was of course as you say, holding your feet to the fire with your words.

Even though your post and thread itself was very good in itself, occasionally busting your balls, is something that I do enjoy. Its a perk even if I do have to remind myself that I have gone from relentlessly disliking you, to respecting you fully.

yeah, its a big step in my rehab.

:D

You can see I've completely stopped doing that with you. As it stands now, the forum members here know everything about Alex and about us they can possibly know. More of it is just fruitless. I don't want to continue being redundant.

FWIW, your posts are far more reasoned, reasonable and enjoyable of late. Your opinions and beliefs are yours and nobody has the right to deprive you of the. But how we say our opinions and how often has a lot to do with how we are perceived in any discussions. You never want to be the guy that just rubs everybody the wrong way.

When half the people hate you and half support your, you are usually right where you want to be on a sports forum. When everybody hates you, like these Chiefs fans hating us taking the discussion from Alex & Chiefs, to 49ers & Kaepernick, then we get what we deserve.

I like your current practice of not feeling like you have to respond to every stupid post you see. I think that is a good practice. The stupid posters out themselves by the stupid things they constantly say. The guys who call out the stupid posters every single time, just become the guilty by association.

Kaepernick
09-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Yes, forums tend to like flame wars and members going at it. Peace & harmony are just boring. Meanwhile, some good games coming up this week.

LowExpectations
09-13-2013, 03:34 PM
He has horrible talent around him because their number 7 overall pick cant stop being a dumbass. Marcedes Lewis is a very good tight end, MJD is a stud running back, they have a good oline,, they have two other very capable receivers in Cecil Short, and Ace Sanders. The lack of talent, isn't really the issue as much as it is that he sucks.

Vernon Davis is a very good tight end, Frank Gore is a stud RB, and Antonio Bryant was a very capable receiver.

Look how that turns out. The bias meter is ringing off the hook.

Halfcan
09-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Vernon Davis is a very good tight end, Frank Gore is a stud RB, and Antonio Bryant was a very capable receiver.

Thanks for posting this on a CHIEFS board!! I just filed this in my Idontgiveashit file. :banghead:

Mr_Tomahawk
09-13-2013, 03:49 PM
So what numbers did Geno put up last night that Alex has to do better than...?

NinerDoug
09-13-2013, 04:28 PM
its room 666.

1402 I think.

LowExpectations
09-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Thanks for posting this on a CHIEFS board!! I just filed this in my Idontgiveashit file. :banghead:

You opened the thread, Cletus.

AussieChiefsFan
09-13-2013, 09:39 PM
So what numbers did Geno put up last night that Alex has to do better than...?It was something like 15/35 3INT 200yds

Fat Elvis
09-13-2013, 09:56 PM

It was something like 15/35 3INT 200yds

It's gonna be rough, 43% completion rate an all.... Throw it deep, Alex, just throw it deep and all will be well.

Saccopoo
09-14-2013, 12:03 AM

15/35
214 yards
0 TDs
3 Ints
4 Sacks
QB Rating: 15.0

Alex is going to have to work his ass off to beat those numbers.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2013, 12:20 AM
15/35
214 yards
0 TDs
3 Ints
4 Sacks

LMAO

ayleswbj
09-14-2013, 06:20 AM
There were 5 blatantly dropped passes for Alex in week 1, still put up 61% completion. Should have been over 70. He is right on track from last season. On pace for around 68% and gonna throw close to 25-30tds. His yardage is never gonna be Brady. You just have to face the fact that he is more of a Troy Aikman type. Moves his team with long sustained drives. Alot of his TDs willl come in the Red Zone and not from long bombs. Alex actually throws a great deep ball, he just doesnt do it often. example in your game would be the one to Fasano that was just beautiful. If you go back to the last 2 years in SF just check out the playoff games when he does decide to go deep. He rarely misses. Saints, Giants. Im happy for KC and their fans. Your def not a team to take lightly and i think your going to blow some really good teams out

Alex Smiff
09-14-2013, 06:47 AM
There were 5 blatantly dropped passes for Alex in week 1, still put up 61% completion. Should have been over 70. He is right on track from last season. On pace for around 68% and gonna throw close to 25-30tds. His yardage is never gonna be Brady. You just have to face the fact that he is more of a Troy Aikman type. Moves his team with long sustained drives. Alot of his TDs willl come in the Red Zone and not from long bombs. Alex actually throws a great deep ball, he just doesnt do it often. example in your game would be the one to Fasano that was just beautiful. If you go back to the last 2 years in SF just check out the playoff games when he does decide to go deep. He rarely misses. Saints, Giants. Im happy for KC and their fans. Your def not a team to take lightly and i think your going to blow some really good teams out

His deep ball is far from "great".

Pasta Little Brioni
09-14-2013, 07:30 AM
Same shit different day planet

Mav
09-14-2013, 09:51 AM
Um, so you are talking about 2006. You know the year that Vernon Davis WASNT very good. In fact he wasn't that good until Singletary sent his ass to the locker room in 2008. Pretty much up to that point he was an underachiever. Antonio Bryant, had 40 catches that season, and soon after imploded. Here is the talent that was around Alex Smith that season. im not about excuses, but in 2006 alex smith threw 15 more tds than the season before despite not having great talent. His starting receivers were Antonio Bryant, and arnaz battle.......STUDS.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo/2006.htm

15/35
214 yards
0 TDs
3 Ints
4 Sacks

He might not get there. That 15 rating is a high bar to beat. :D

Chiefspants
09-14-2013, 01:16 PM

Wow, not one 300 yard game, a 1:1 TD to interception ratio, 2,800 yards, and a 58% completion percentage?

Alex sure proved the doubters wrong, didn't he?

Sandy Vagina
09-14-2013, 01:56 PM
[B]Um, so you are talking about 2006. You know the year that Vernon Davis WASNT very good. In fact he wasn't that good until Singletary sent his ass to the locker room in 2008.

Of course, this is true. All VD was back then was an athletic specimen. His hands, routes, and ability to absorb new offenses was all very poor. To his credit, he worked the extra hours after practice to improve the hands and routes. He still lacks natural catch-hands, but again.. much improved. Back in 2006, Vernon was just a fast dude with potential and a "ME" attitude.

Alex sure proved the doubters wrong, didn't he?

Not back in 2006... not yet.. but after the last 2.5 years, he sure did prove them wrong.... and they iz mad, bro. http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/3193/vikeslogo.gif

ViperVisor
09-14-2013, 03:18 PM
http://blip.tv/49ersnews/kwame-harris-lowlights-4602367

4:30
I didn't even remember it being that good of a play. I thought it was a sideline pass. Smith shifted and moves up and flings a perfect pass 50 yards to Bryant.

2006 was not a good year. But a huge leap from the terribad rookie baptism by fire. Was still the youngest QB.

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/4d215bb749e2aea957290000/josh-freeman.jpg

Norv gone
Bryant gone

replacements were jokes compared to them.

Frank Gore avg carry was 5.4 in 2006.
3 games to start 2007 before Smith was hurt.
52 rushes for 175
1 was a 43yd TD

So the rest got an avg of 2.6 per carry.

It was the most inept play-calling imaginable. This summarizes the year pretty well. I don't know how the team started 2-0

1-10-SF 20 (14:55) 21-F.Gore left end to SF 22 for 2 yards
2-8-SF 22 (14:14) 11-A.Smith pass short left to 83-A.Battle pushed ob at SF 33 for 11 yards. PENALTY on SF-75-J.Jennings, Face Mask (15 Yards), 11 yards, enforced at SF 22 - No Play.
2-19-SF 11 (13:44) 21-F.Gore up the middle to SF 12 for 1 yard
3-18-SF 12 (13:44) 21-F.Gore left tackle to SF 25 for 13 yards
4-5-SF 25 (12:33) 4-A.Lee punts

Alex Smiff
09-14-2013, 07:54 PM

LowExpectations
09-15-2013, 01:25 AM
Um, so you are talking about 2006. You know the year that Vernon Davis WASNT very good. In fact he wasn't that good until Singletary sent his ass to the locker room in 2008. Pretty much up to that point he was an underachiever. Antonio Bryant, had 40 catches that season, and soon after imploded. Here is the talent that was around Alex Smith that season. im not about excuses, but in 2006 alex smith threw 15 more tds than the season before despite not having great talent. His starting receivers were Antonio Bryant, and arnaz battle.......STUDS.

He might not get there. That 15 rating is a high bar to beat. :D

Bryant had 40 catches because the QB missed him quite often. That's why he had a 1100-1200 yard season when he went to Tampa in 08.

The excuses are getting less and less believable.

Alex Smiff
09-15-2013, 06:26 AM
Bryant had 40 catches because the QB missed him quite often. That's why he had a 1100-1200 yard season when he went to Tampa in 08.

I recall balls sailing either way over Bryant's head or way short and him waving his arms like "WTF?". Apparently, he's to blame for not having a 20ft vertical.

Smith fanboys wouldn't be so bad if they didn't trash everyone around him in order to absolve him of his poor play. Trying to make it seem like he was always good in the past but his players and coaching improved is downright ridiculous. The guy was Gabbert status for a long ass time.

Wildcat2005
09-15-2013, 09:10 AM
apparently the 9ers almost traded Kaepernick to the Eagles

Adam Schefter just said the 9ers almost traded Kaep to the Eagles for a 2nd round draft pick right before the 2012 draft

Marcellus
09-15-2013, 09:11 AM
apparently the 9ers almost traded Kaepernick to the Eagles

Adam Schefter just said the 9ers almost traded Kaep to the Eagles for a 2nd round draft pick right before the 2012 draft

Yup I just saw that, they said the Eagles backed out in hopes of drafting Russel Wilson.

ViperVisor
09-15-2013, 09:21 AM

Bryant played in 2 less games.

49ers had 118 less passes.

The 49ers were not a good passing team.
Smith was not a good QB. The O-Line was not good at protection. And the #2 WR was Arnaz Battle. Vernon Davis only played in 10 games.

The point is Bryant was still the best deep WR Smith has ever had and he averaged 18 yards a catch.

"The guy was Gabbert status for a long ass time."

In 2006 Smith got 6.5 yards per attempt *20th*

Gabbert last year 6.0 yards per attempt *Last*

Eleazar
09-15-2013, 09:45 AM
15/35
214 yards
0 TDs
3 Ints
4 Sacks

My favorite comparison from the last two weeks is that Geno led something like a 25 yard "drive", was bailed out by a Dwayne Rudd-like penalty, and the team won because of it. According to the Geno fluffers, he is the reincarnation of John Elway for this comeback.

Thursday against the Pats, he throws a pick on each of his last two possessions whilst trying to come from behind to beat the Patriots, and they blame his line at the end of the game on the rain.

AliceSmith
09-15-2013, 12:29 PM
A. Smith 12/23 127 5.5 1 0 83.1

Those are the pedestrian numbers 49er fans are used to seeing from Alice before Kaepernick took over.

5.5 YPA? FRANCHISE QB SHIT RIGHT THERE

pr_capone
09-15-2013, 12:31 PM
2 of Alex's passes should have been picked off, one for a pick 6.

He is Casseling the shit out of his passes.

Eleazar
09-15-2013, 12:33 PM

Those are the pedestrian numbers 49er fans are used to seeing from Alice before Kaepernick took over.

ban this troll moron

Molitoth
09-15-2013, 12:42 PM
ban this troll moron

Can't troll with truth.

aturnis
09-15-2013, 12:43 PM

He's scared.

Alex Smiff
09-15-2013, 12:43 PM

This. He is what he is.

Bearcat
09-15-2013, 12:44 PM

Someone with Cassel-like career stats is playing like Cassel?

WEIRD.

BigCatDaddy
09-15-2013, 12:46 PM
He is what I thought he was. It would be nice to someday have our own Romo.

aturnis
09-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Can't troll with truth.

This.

DeezNutz
09-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Someone with Cassel-like career stats is playing like Cassel?

WEIRD.

LMAO.

Yeah, the career numbers are all lies. Lies I say! Years of evidence, completely wrong!

It's pretty amazing that people literally tried to make this argument. Over a significant period of time, the numbers don't lie; there's no getting around this.

JF08
09-15-2013, 01:07 PM
You trolls know the games last 60 minutes, right?

Bearcat
09-15-2013, 01:17 PM
I don't know why calling a spade a spade makes someone a hater or troll.

It's not like anyone has said Smith is completely incapable of ever making a throw or a decent TD drive. Driving down the field for one or two touchdowns doesn't erase 8 years of mediocre play.

And if he did somehow start erasing 8 years of mediocre play, I'll be the first in line for season tickets... but, it won't be after one drive or even a couple of games against terrible or mediocre competition. Fool me once, or even a dozen times...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2013, 01:19 PM
Good, let the kick flow through you.

Eleazar
09-15-2013, 01:19 PM

What about if you are a fan of another team, and you come here and create a trollish username with the express purpose of trolling regarding said player?

Baby Lee
09-15-2013, 01:21 PM

It's not like anyone has said Smith is completely incapable of ever making a throw or a decent TD drive. Driving down the field for one or two touchdowns doesn't erase 8 years of mediocre play.

And if he did somehow start erasing 8 years of mediocre play, I'll be the first in line for season tickets... but, it won't be after one drive or even a couple of games against terrible or mediocre competition. Fool me once, or even a dozen times...

And it's not like anyone has decided to devote time during the fucking game to keep a thread about how your own QB sucks and always will alive. . .

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2013, 01:21 PM
Is Axl herp-derping today?

Bearcat
09-15-2013, 01:22 PM
And it's not like anyone has decided to devote time during the ****ing game to keep a thread about how your own QB sucks and always will alive. . .

Need something to do during all of the commercials... :shrug:

Bump
09-15-2013, 01:28 PM
we have gotten the best field position I have ever seen and barely have any freaking points out of it

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2013, 01:30 PM
we have gotten the best field position I have ever seen and barely have any freaking points out of it

Not Smith's fault I'm sure.

Bump
09-15-2013, 01:30 PM
JFC

ClevelandBronco
09-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Tony Romo did, does, and will always suck.

opposition
09-15-2013, 02:12 PM
Fact of the day even though it isn't pretty.

Since September of 2010 Alex Smith has the highest win percentage in the entire league. Among that time he has beaten Romo, Brees, Eli, Rodgers, Russel Wilson, Ben Roethlisburger, Stafford, Vick.

I understand it's never pretty, and sometimes downright dreadful but that's somwhat impressive I say.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Alex Smith = Late game non-factor.

Alex Smith 4Ever
09-15-2013, 02:14 PM
2-0

jd1020
09-15-2013, 02:14 PM
2-0 but this offense cant put a decisive score on the board to save their life.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2013, 02:16 PM
Thank you Colquitt of the Gods/Alex

Eleazar
09-15-2013, 02:16 PM
It was an ugly game for our whole offense. Protection was terrible. You gotta win ugly sometimes.

Alex Smith was 21/36 with 2 TD and 0 INT.

He didn't put up gaudy stats today, but a QB rated 95.0 is going to win most games.

Mav
09-15-2013, 02:17 PM
2-0 but this offense cant put a decisive score on the board to save their life.

Werent the Chiefs trailing 13-7?

and Alex Smith hit bowe for a td?

That sounds decisive?

Hammock Parties
Good job by Alex today. He can clearly win games when the defense plays at this level.

jd1020
Werent the Chiefs trailing 13-7?

and Alex Smith hit bowe for a td?

That sounds decisive?

And you wonder why people call you a dumbass.

petegz28
09-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Good job by Alex today. He can clearly win games when the defense plays at this level.

Trailing in the game, without his startling LT, mother fucker brought us back...and didn't ever turn shit over!

Mav
09-15-2013, 02:19 PM
And you wonder why people call you a dumbass.

am I wrong? Im confused. They won. Alex was critical when it mattered. Tony Romo choked like always.

Not sure what you are pissed about.

DeezNutz
Trailing in the game, without his startling LT, mother ****er brought us back...and didn't ever turn shit over!

LMAO.

Eleazar
Are there any other QBs in the league who are still without a turnover? Can't be all that many.

Hammock Parties
Trailing in the game, without his startling LT, mother fucker brought us back...and didn't ever turn shit over!

That six point deficit seemed insurmountable.

Eleazar
09-15-2013, 02:20 PM
am I wrong? Im confused. They won. Alex was critical when it mattered. Tony Romo choked like always.

Romo played a good game. You can't really blame him for that fumble.

Easy 6
Those two delay of games were giving me the hairlip, but its all good since WE WON PBJPBJPBJ

His throwing stats were just fine and he was the leading rusher, not much more you can ask of the guy.

opposition

Do you feel he outplayed Romo? Romo is viewed as an Elite Qb in many eyes. Look how much they are paying him.

Mav

Shrugs. Im sure some thought that way.

petegz28
Difference in the game..

Dallas- 2 TO's
Chiefs- 0 TO's

jd1020

How am I pissed?

God you are ignorant.

This offense has been stagnant to end the games. 2 turnovers late in the game to put this away and they barely get 3 points.

BigCatDaddy
Alex needs more Jamal Charles

Monolith
09-15-2013, 02:21 PM
ALEX SMITH HAS DONE DONE DONE IT AGAIN!!!

2-0!!! HEIL GENERAL ALEX D SMITH DUDE IS PRO!!!

HE MAKES THE WHINERS AND HATERS CRY ROFL ROFL ROFL

DeezNutz
Do you feel he outplayed Romo? Romo is viewed as an Elite Qb in many eyes. Look how much they are paying him.

Find one post on this site, outside of Hootie, claiming that Romo is elite.

Mav

As a qb, it is your job to protect the ball. We killed Geno smith on Thursday for the same thing. Tony Romo has a history of choking in close games.

Sannyasi
Are there any other QBs in the league who are still without a turnover? Can't be all that many.

He had a couple throws today that could have been picked. I don't mind the conservative, safe offensive philosophy but Alex was just not very accurate.

Monolith
09-15-2013, 02:22 PM

Jason Witten is DONE. This is his last season, dude is a FAIL :LOL:

petegz28
He had a couple throws today that could have been picked. I don't mind the conservative, safe offensive philosophy but Alex was just not very accurate.

Every QB has a throw or two every game that was "almost" picked off. Romo had a couple as well

Eleazar
Those two delay of games were giving me the hairlip, but its all good since WE WON PBJPBJPBJ

His throwing stats were just fine and he was the leading rusher, not much more you can ask of the guy.

Alex's numbers are good. He's been very efficient in both games so far. The only thing that's a bit lacking is his yardage stats, but that more than anything else is dictated by the game situations.

Wins are wins.

kcxiv
Our offense has to get better. If not we aren't going to be able to do this week in and week out.

A win is a win but definitely need to make more plays on offense.

Mav
How am I pissed?

God you are ignorant.

This offense has been stagnant to end the games. 2 turnovers late in the game to put this away and they barely get 3 points.

That was a good defense. YOu sound mad that the Chiefs are 2-0.

And im IGNORANT......

The oline is opening no holes for Charles. That's what you want to do at the end of games, run the ball to kill the clock.

Who cares. The chiefs won, they are two and zero.

AND IM IGNORANT.

Sannyasi

How did Tony Romo choke? He put the ball right in Dez Bryant's fucking hands. If Alex makes that throw the whole board splooges over him.

Monolith
09-15-2013, 02:23 PM
Alex Smith = Late game non-factor.

2-0 CRY MORE WHINER LMAO

NM, YOUR WHINING DID NOTHING ROFL

MahiMike
Alex is so damn accurate. So smart. So ball-control savvy. The dude is awesome.

Mav

Nope. Alex was very average today. extremely average.

But, didn't turn it over. made it count when he had chances as well.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2013, 02:24 PM

No. Romo probably wins this game if Murray doesn't fumble.

Props to Alex for leading two drives this week instead of just the one. His arrow is pointing up.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Alex is so damn accurate. So smart. So ball-control savvy. The dude is awesome.

His awareness of the game clock deserves a spot in Canton.

Mav
How did Tony Romo choke? He put the ball right in Dez Bryant's ****ing hands. If Alex makes that throw the whole board splooges over him.

He did turn it over. And yes, that was a great pass. He also made a really shitty decision not to throw to dez in the red zone. He made some very suspect decisions as well.

Easy 6
Alex's numbers are good. He's been very efficient in both games so far. The only thing that's a bit lacking is his yardage stats, but that more than anything else is dictated by the game situations.

Wins are wins.

Couldn't agree more, and that 95 passer rating you mentioned earlier is nothing to sneeze at either.

Mav
09-15-2013, 02:25 PM
No. Romo probably wins this game if Murray doesn't fumble.

Dunbar....

And no. Being Clutch isn't really Romos nature. Hes better than Alex Smith as a qb, but he is not clutch.

Monolith

Whiner Whiner Pants on FIRE :LOL:

ShowtimeSBMVP
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 3s
Just interviewed Alex Smith on field. He says he could look in eyes of OL and see embraced challenge of grinding out last possession

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2013, 02:26 PM
Whiner Whiner Pants on FIRE :LOL:

It was costly and stupid. Again, thank you Dustin.

Easy 6
09-15-2013, 02:26 PM

Dude, c'mon, just for one day? after a HUGE home win?

Turn that frown upside down! :rockon:

Eleazar
09-15-2013, 02:27 PM

Every QB in the league makes imperfect throws.

It's hard to bash a guy who's team is 2-0, who is completing about 60% of his passes, and who has not turned the ball over yet.

opposition
Alex needs more Jamal Charles

And both need more time in the offense. 2 weeks is not a lot yet still 2-0.

Monolith

ALEX > U. ENOUGH SAID LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2013, 02:28 PM

I'm thrilled that the team as a whole is gelling. I expected some very ugly football from this squad to start the year, and I am not disappoint. That said, any game where Dallas loses is a good one.

Hope we continue to improve.

GoChargers
ALEX > U. ENOUGH SAID LMAO

You're a particularly illiterate and annoying troll.

Monolith
Now if the 49ers LOSE tonight, time to laugh at the forty whiners that constantly come on here to whine about Alex Smith LMAO ROFL

Fritz88
0 TOs against a team that had 6 the game before?

Impressive.

Alex Smiff
4 for 13 on 3rd down. He won't be able to ride the luck train for long but good win for him.

jd1020

Meh.

It was a good win but Alex still hasn't proven that he is going to lead a team anywhere meaningful, which is everyones gripe about having a fucking game manager as a QB on a team in their prime that's suppose to be in "win now" mode.

Monolith
09-15-2013, 02:29 PM
You're a particularly illiterate and annoying troll.

Says the annoying troll that is mad about 2-0 ROFL

duncan_idaho
09-15-2013, 02:29 PM
The word of the day is: tepid. That is what Alex Smith was today. Which doesn't surprise me a bit. This is what I thought we would say.

Smith is also VERY lucky he did not throw 2 picks today, including a pick 6. The ball came out late several times, and he was throwing behind a lot of guys.

This is the QB I was afraid of. Good enough to win if the D and run game are awesome. Not good enough if they are not or if the D doesn't set him up with a few short fields or if they're playing another elite team.

Monolith
09-15-2013, 02:30 PM
4 for 13 on 3rd down. He won't be able to ride the luck train for long but good win for him.

49ers LOSE TONIGHT, Come back and whine some MORE :LOL: ROFL

opposition
Now if the 49ers LOSE tonight, time to laugh at the forty whiners that constantly come on here to whine about Alex Smith LMAO ROFL

nlm

Eleazar

"Let the butthurt flow"

douche

Thig Lyfe
09-15-2013, 02:31 PM
A lot I still don't like about Alex Smith.

I will say this, though:

1. He can make things happen on his feet, which is invaluable. He reminds me of Ol' Thiggy that way.

2. He doesn't freak out when he's under pressure. So refreshing after years of Matt "Collapses to the ground every time he remembers there are people on the field who want to tackle him" CAssel.

Monolith
The word of the day is: tepid. That is what Alex Smith was today. Which doesn't surprise me a bit. This is what I thought we would say.

Smith is also VERY lucky he did not throw 2 picks today, including a pick 6. The ball came out late several times, and he was throwing behind a lot of guys.

This is the QB I was afraid of. Good enough to win if the D and run game are awesome. Not good enough if they are not or if the D doesn't set him up with a few short fields or if they're playing another elite team.

Chill out whiners, Alex Smith is playing to the Reid instructions. Nothing worth whining about ;)

Sandy Vagina
LMAO ... wow... haters gonna hate after a 2-0 start.

this offense will continue to improve as they go... winning as they go is a great plus.

AlexSmithDynasty
Meh.

It was a good win but Alex still hasn't proven that he is going to lead a team anywhere meaningful, which is everyones gripe about having a ****ing game manager as a QB on a team in their prime that's suppose to be in "win now" mode.

2 tds no picks 95 qb rating and he was the leading rusher in the game. Ran for more yards than any player on either team.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2013, 02:32 PM
"Let the butthurt flow"

douche

So that was work from the "Premier" game-manager of this league, then? Otay'

Herp.

Monolith
A lot I still don't like about Alex Smith.

I will say this, though:

1. He can make things happen on his feet, which is invaluable. He reminds me of Ol' Thiggy that way.

2. He doesn't freak out when he's under pressure. So refreshing after years of Matt "Collapses to the ground every time he remembers there are people on the field who want to tackle him" CAssel.

matt cassel is a JOKE. ;)

Jakemall
21 36 223 58.3 6.19 31 2 0 - 95.0 8 57 7.1 17 0

So Alex smith threw for almost 60% of his passes, threw 2 TDs, had no INTs, and ran for 57 yards...all this with a crappy performance from the offensive line.

Sannyasi
09-15-2013, 02:33 PM
Every QB in the league makes imperfect throws.

It's hard to bash a guy who's team is 2-0, who is completing about 60% of his passes, and who has not turned the over yet.

You're right, and to be fair to Alex it makes it hard to get things going when the running game and Oline are struggling early. However, I'm still hoping the offense can get things together and sustain some more drives because we've been leaning very heavily on the defense through these first two games.

Monolith
09-15-2013, 02:33 PM
So tha ws wok frm te "Prer" gam-mnager of tis legue, the? Oty'

I have Herpes.

Alex Smith STILL > you. :LOL:

Molitoth
09-15-2013, 02:34 PM
Alex Smith STILL > you. :LOL:

Hi!

Sandy Vagina

So Alex smith threw for almost 60% of his passes, threw 2 TDs, had no INTs, and ran for 57 yards...all this with a crappy performance from the offensive line.

dreadful OL and the playcalling was rough... Alex needs to play better at times... but he did pretty well, all things considered.

Mav

Righttttt....

He didn't do just that for two years with san Francisco?

How many more times does he have to do it for you to understand that its not just luck?

Its just what and how he wins.

BigMeatballDave

petegz28
09-15-2013, 02:35 PM

Haters gonna hate. That's 2 games now for him...4 TD's...0 TO's...2 wins..no losses...

But Clay will still find room to cry

Monolith
Hi!

Hello! 2-0!!!

Rasputin
LMAO ... wow... haters gonna hate after a 2-0 start.

this offense will continue to improve as they go... winning as they go is a great plus.

Meh on Alex Smith we had a hell of a defense and did enough for the win.

I know we can win games with Alex Smith and we should he is still a mediocre quarterback that hasn't changed one bit.

Mr. Laz
09-15-2013, 02:36 PM
Was Alex Smith our leading rusher today?

He kept us in the game early on

Eleazar
You're right, and to be fair to Alex it makes it hard to get things going when the running game and Oline are struggling early. However, I'm still hoping the offense can get things together and sustain some more drives because we've been leaning very heavily on the defense through these first two games.

Yeah... I think there is a significant need for another weapon in the passing game. When the protection is bad we're asking too much of the skill players we have.

Chiefspants
Haters gonna hate. That's 2 games now for him...4 TD's...0 TO's...2 wins..no losses...

But Clay will still find room to cry

Clay actually gave Alex props for this performance. It's hard not to, down 7-13 in the 3rd I was fully expecting this team to go full fetal.

It's nice to be able to eat crow for a change.

Eleazar
Was Alex Smith our leading rusher today?

He kept us in the game early on

I think he was the game's leading rusher, not just ours

Bwana
2-0

beach tribe
Couldn't agree more, and that 95 passer rating you mentioned earlier is nothing to sneeze at either.

Smith on pace for:

3176 yards 32tds 0 ints

Small sample size yes, and the TD int rto. of course will level out but its exactly what he has done over the last two seasons, where he is the winningest QB in the NFL over that span and has won a PO game...on a clutch game winning throw might I add, and was 1 play from the SB.

Dude is a looooong way from sucksville.

Monolith
09-15-2013, 02:37 PM

I know we can win games with Alex Smith and we should he is still a mediocre quarterback that hasn't changed one bit.

Why don't you take over as QB and do better? LMAO

2-0 and still MAD... SAD.

Easy 6
Meh.

It was a good win but Alex still hasn't proven that he is going to lead a team anywhere meaningful, which is everyones gripe about having a ****ing game manager as a QB on a team in their prime that's suppose to be in "win now" mode.

Brand new team
Brand new offense
Brand new head coach

And yet here we sit at 2-0, you didn't expect the offense to look like a well oiled machine this early, did ya?

Yes, its hit and miss right now, but he just gutted out a tough win... if he's able to accomplish what he has this early, then I cant wait to see him from week 10 forward.

Mav

LOL.

A mediocre qb, that just wins......

There is a lot of ass hurt on this board right now.

FringeNC
Yeah... I think there is a significant need for another weapon in the passing game. When the protection is bad we're asking too much of the skill players we have.

We need Travis Kelce to get healthy and contribute.

GoChargers
09-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Says the annoying troll that is mad about 2-0 ROFL

I literally do not care that the Chiefs are 2-0, seeing as how I'm not a Chiefs fan.

Sannyasi
We need Travis Kelce to get healthy and contribute.

That would be huge for this team.

Monolith
I think he was the game's leading rusher, not just ours

LOL and he only rush 8x. QB Option is working LMAO

GoChargers
LOL.

A mediocre qb, that just wins......

There is a lot of ass hurt on this board right now.

Intentionally conflating team success with individual greatness doesn't change the fact that Alice has been mediocre his whole career.

Cannibal
09-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Smith has done a lot with some really shitty OL play so far this year.

Can you imagine if Cassel was still here? He'd have 6 ints and at least 10 fetal position sacks taken so far... AND we'd be 0-2.

Consistent1
I cannot believe guys are still bitching at this point. It's like giving your wife some cash and telling her to go the fuck away.

Mav
Intentionally conflating team success with individual greatness doesn't change the fact that Alice has been mediocre his whole career.

Never said he WASNT.

I said he WINS. Debate it......

You cant. :thumb:

RobBlake
09-15-2013, 02:40 PM

2-0 and still MAD... SAD.

lol. this is the same team getting blown out in games and turnovers last year and just beat a semi-good opponent and fans are bitching lol

Monolith
09-15-2013, 02:40 PM
I literally do not care that the Chiefs are 2-0, seeing as how I'm not a Chiefs fan.

You FAILED.

FYI this is the LAST SEASON rivers will be decent and they won't even make the play-offs ROFL, GAME OVER after, MARK MY WORDS ;)

TRUST THE GURU.

Monolith
09-15-2013, 02:41 PM
lol. this is the same team getting blown out in games and turnovers last year and just beat a semi-good opponent and fans are bitching lol

These whiners are Pathetic LMAO

Monolith
09-15-2013, 02:42 PM
I cannot believe guys are still bitching at this point. It's like giving your wife some cash and telling her to go the **** away.

I know ROFL

Whiner trolls with no life whine on here after 2-0.

How many other team wouldn't want to go 2-0 after a 2-14 season ROFL

Furthermore, 0-2 teams have nearly no chance of making play-offs.;)

GoChargers
09-15-2013, 02:43 PM

Nice appeal to accomplishment fallacy there. :thumb:

petegz28
09-15-2013, 02:43 PM
ZOMG...Peyton Manning just threw a pass that "should have" been picked off

RobBlake
09-15-2013, 02:44 PM
These whiners are Pathetic LMAO

haha yep. If im a chiefs fan, im super happy. I wouldn't be expecting much from this season due to what happened last year and a complete new staff is in. Reid is introducing a winning culture into KC, and a never giving up culture.

The offense is going to continue to get better slowly through the season. Bowe saw waay more looks this game.. improvement from last week.

GoChargers
Never said he WASNT.

I said he WINS. Debate it......

You cant. :thumb:

There was a time when Tebow "just won" too, or Matt Cassell. I guess that means they're elite too! :facepalm:

Bearcat
Meh.

He is who I thought he was... like Thig said, it's nice to have a QB who doesn't curl up into the fetal position at the first sign of a pass rush, and at the end of the day he's 2-0.... but, big picture, beating a terrible team last week and a mediocre team by 1 point this week doesn't mean he can ever lead the team deep into the playoffs.

FFS, Matt Cassel has made it to the playoffs before and Tim Tebow even won a game... that should tell people how mediocre the league has been for a while. It's not like Alex Smith is incapable of doing the same, but after 20 years of watching retread QBs perform well from time to time, I think I'll enjoy the win for what it is and not get too excited when it comes to the big picture.

Monolith
Nice appeal to accomplishment fallacy there. :thumb:

Chargers? ROFL

Hammock Parties
09-15-2013, 02:45 PM
I cannot believe guys are still bitching at this point. It's like giving your wife some cash and telling her to go the fuck away.

We won a game where the offense scored 17 points.

The QB is definitely a badass.

Mav
09-15-2013, 02:45 PM
There was a time when Tebow "just won" too, or Matt Cassell. I guess that means they're elite too! :facepalm:

When did I say he was elite? Or did I agree with you about him being mediocre, and just saying that he just wins?

Learn to read, get off my nuts.......

I have never said he was anything he wasn't. But some how, he keeps winning. Does he NOT?

Monolith
09-15-2013, 02:46 PM

Go EAT some rotten mexica taco bell trash in your san deidogsh1t trashbag town ROFL

GoChargers
Chargers? ROFL

Mixing in a red herring fallacy now, keep it up bro!

Monolith

Better than you.

petegz28
09-15-2013, 02:47 PM

I remember us pummeling QB's like Elway, Kelly, Marino and Young. Holding all under 17 points. So......

Monolith
Mixing in a red herring fallacy now, keep it up bro!

SD = JOKE. dirt bag mexica ROFL

Simply Red

http://i.imgur.com/06gMlZZ.gif (http://imgur.com/06gMlZZ)

GoChargers
Better than you.

Blaine Gabbert is a better quarterback than you would be. That means he's a great quarterback by your logic.

I'm sure you'll be deflecting this one with more racial slurs against Mexicans, too.